PDA

View Full Version : TFC Social/Muzik NightClub Thursday

FRANKIE65
02-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Anybody else get the invite today?
Thursday 6-9 pm...Bez, Vanney, Leiweke to speak, food and drinks.

Miss Jones
02-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Just got my invite

Areathrasher
02-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Got the invite too.

FRANKIE65
02-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Kind of a strange invite, not too many details, guess you go up to the doors and your name is on a list?

Areathrasher
02-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Given that it's 6-9pm, I guess they won't be having the speakers start straight away?

Fort York Redcoat
02-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Is this formal?

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/crossfade/Holy_Ship_2014_Raver_Costumes.jpg

Red CB Toronto
02-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Everyone and all of us, RPB in full force should be there, what a way to get the ball going before the season, now this is a party.

FRANKIE65
02-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Is this formal?

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/crossfade/Holy_Ship_2014_Raver_Costumes.jpg

Damn, now I have to change my outfit:D

Laiping
02-10-2015, 05:10 PM
Got our invite too! :))

djcuse
02-10-2015, 05:20 PM
i filled out the form, but didnt get lucky enough i guess for an invite

sidvan
02-10-2015, 05:53 PM
invited!!!

TFC07
02-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Is this SSH event? Anyway, I have no clue about this event before seeing this thread which explains why I didn't get an invite. lol

SuperTCP
02-10-2015, 07:07 PM
I got the invite. Will be there.

SuperTCP
02-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Is this SSH event? Anyway, I have no clue about this event before seeing this thread which explains why I didn't get an invite. lol

The event was listed in the season ticket holder newsletter. So a STH would have to have read it, then registered for a lottery to gain access.

JonO
02-11-2015, 09:44 AM
The event was listed in the season ticket holder newsletter. So a STH would have to have read it, then registered for a lottery to gain access.Or at least get the season ticket holder newsletter... sigh - my patience with this organization is running thin... I remember the good 'ole days when it was easy to attend a TFC event.

FRANKIE65
02-11-2015, 09:48 AM
So is there an actual parking area for the club, or do we park nearby (BMO??) and hoof it?
Like I said, strange that more details weren't in the notice....parking, attire (is this semi formal, or, can we wear our TFC gear), entrance....etc, etc,

Red CB Toronto
02-11-2015, 10:12 AM
So is there an actual parking area for the club, or do we park nearby (BMO??) and hoof it?
Like I said, strange that more details weren't in the notice....parking, attire (is this semi formal, or, can we wear our TFC gear), entrance....etc, etc,

Its Muzik, they have a dress code, at least semi-formal.

FRANKIE65
02-11-2015, 10:16 AM

Okay, black blazer over my jersey:smile:

SuperTCP
02-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Or at least get the season ticket holder newsletter... sigh - my patience with this organization is running thin... I remember the good 'ole days when it was easy to attend a TFC event.

It will only get harder as the expansion of BMO field increased the number of season ticket holders.

Phil
02-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Jeans and TFC gear is fine for the event.

FRANKIE65
02-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Jeans and TFC gear is fine for the event.

Perfect, kind of figured that, but good to know for sure.
Thanks, Phil

lintberg
02-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Didn't get an invite, guess I didn't win the lottery.

magmadragon
02-11-2015, 11:18 PM
I reached out to my rep about going to this. Says I'm on the list even though I never got an invite. Don't know if he simply added me when I asked or what, but it may be worth talking to your rep about it.

jazzy
02-11-2015, 11:34 PM

Ya for the lady's fake silicon enhancements and men purple polyester double breasted suits..and gents no weapons . you think they'll refuse anyone in Tfc gear ?
Highly unlikely.........…its simply a venue

Ossington Mental Youth
02-11-2015, 11:59 PM
Whats this all about? Didnt get an invite but suspect i can get in anyways, just trying to figure out if its worth my time

djcuse
02-12-2015, 03:00 AM
Got my invite early this morning :) Look forward to seeing you all for a couple hours tomorrow.

Ivy
02-12-2015, 05:58 AM
I didn't get an invite. Haterz.

Fort York Redcoat
02-12-2015, 08:07 AM
I reached out to my rep about going to this. Says I'm on the list even though I never got an invite. Don't know if he simply added me when I asked or what, but it may be worth talking to your rep about it.

Guys, do this if you want to go. Muzik is a big place. There will be room. Don't let a e-blip make you miss out on something special.

FRANKIE65
02-12-2015, 08:51 AM
Guys, do this if you want to go. Muzik is a big place. There will be room. Don't let a e-blip make you miss out on something special.

Yeah, I didn't want this to be a bitch fest over who got invited who didn't. Personally, had I not got the invite, I would have shrugged and said, "oh well". The message did say "if you were selected"

Phil
02-12-2015, 09:01 AM
The only reason I may go is because I have a meeting with the front office tonight (all groups do) and they offered us to pop in after the meeting. That being said the list to my knowlege is very tight.

Fort York Redcoat
02-12-2015, 09:06 AM
The only reason I may go is because I have a meeting with the front office tonight (all groups do) and they offered us to pop in after the meeting. That being said the list to my knowlege is very tight.

I stand corrected.

FRANKIE65
02-12-2015, 09:31 AM
I stand corrected.

Hey, you're just trying to help.

Like I said earlier, I started the thread (more or less) due to the lack of info in the invite. As someone who has never been to Muzik, wasn't really sure how this worked.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-12-2015, 10:15 AM
still would love to know what this is about

Lennon
02-12-2015, 10:52 AM
yea i'm no season ticket holder but i'm fc #1 fan so i'd be interested in going.

Ivy
02-12-2015, 11:07 AM
yea i'm no season ticket holder but i'm fc #1 fan so i'd be interested in going.
You're #1?!! Dude I've been searching for you this whole time!!!!

KGH
02-12-2015, 11:07 AM
still would love to know what this is about

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a jersey reveal. Remember they did a big one a few years ago at Berkley Church.

JuliquE
02-12-2015, 11:55 AM
yea i'm no season ticket holder but i'm fc..

http://i.imgur.com/uAvs8cE.gif

.. #1 fan so i'd be interested in going.

Fort York Redcoat
02-12-2015, 12:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uAvs8cE.gif

Can't. look. away.

Ivy
02-12-2015, 01:08 PM
I LOVEZ DA FC!!!!!

Love you dude lol

Ossington Mental Youth
02-12-2015, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this was a jersey reveal. Remember they did a big one a few years ago at Berkley Church.

Thanks, im good to miss this unless theyre giving out free ones (which they wont be)

Lennon
02-12-2015, 05:19 PM
looks like i wont be able to make it can someon duane me media guide

Areathrasher
02-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Tonight was so much fun!

Red CB Toronto
02-12-2015, 10:14 PM
Tonight was so much fun!
What was it all about? Was sick in bed and could not make it down.

Areathrasher
02-12-2015, 10:23 PM
What was it all about? Was sick in bed and could not make it down.

2 hours of free food and booze. Bez and Vanney did a talk then Jozy, Gio, Bendik, Bloom, Morrow, Osorio and Cheyrou came out and mingled with fans, talked and took pictures.

Bez and Vanney were also out floating around and talking to fans. There were a lot of MLSE staff there but once the players came out they vanished. Bez's talk was a bit over the top and too sales pitch like but other than that was a great night.

FRANKIE65
02-12-2015, 11:14 PM
The better half and I had a great time! Think she talked Bloom's ear off for almost five minutes.
Free food, good selection, free drinks for the whole night.
Players were great, I got a chuckle out of Joe when I told him one of my favorite moments of the season was when he picked up Felipe.

Super
02-12-2015, 11:35 PM
Great event arranged by TFC. I didn't go, nor did I try to get an invite, but it sure did sound like it was a good time had by all. Overall I've been very impressed by the club as of late. Feels big time a bit, eh?

jazzy
02-13-2015, 12:04 AM
Pretty well organized and treated us very well . Staff dressed like it was club night lol . Went into the washroom and had male attendants handing you a heated towel . :). Another typical footie night on the town . Food was good quality catering and all the drinks you wanted . Hope you boys negated the cheap image of footie fans and tipped those cute ladies .( For the record one was a Canadian swimmer hoping to win a gold metal for us in these Pan Am games) . Man we have some classy players this year with worlds of experience . They all were very accessible and having fun . Huge leap from last year . Vanney really has a determined look about him and I like him , very approachable . He said when the major players had a first kick about the staff were basically thrilled at high level of skill they were witnessing, also mentioned Cheyrou and Perquis took a pay cut to be here . So someone definitely has a great 'project' happening. ......fun times ahead .

SuperTCP
02-13-2015, 09:56 AM
I tipped our bartender, she kept them coming all night! Also after the tip they seemed to come faster. :)

It was great event, chatted it TFC FO Staff, some members of the kings, Vanney, Cheyrou, and Seba too. One of the trainers when talking about Giovinco at yesterday's training session, stated "the only thing that touched him was the turf". Let's hope this is the case this season.

Disappointed there was no mention of new jersey, jersey sponsor, or the fate of Gilberto. Otherwise a great night.

sidvan
02-13-2015, 11:21 AM

Disappointed there was no mention of new jersey, jersey sponsor, or the fate of Gilberto. Otherwise a great night.

BMO was very predominant on all the signage in the club and player jersey representations all had BMO on the jersey.

Oh we tipped our bartender too. They wouldn't stop bringing them all night.

FRANKIE65
02-13-2015, 11:38 AM
BMO was very predominant on all the signage in the club and player jersey representations all had BMO on the jersey.

Oh we tipped our bartender too. They wouldn't stop bringing them all night.

Yup, everything was still definitely BMO. Can't remember who mentioned it in the other thread, but, the idea of a short term deal to coincide with the end of the field sponsorship makes sense.

Red4ever
02-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Was disappointed to see how many people were talking during Bez and Vanney's talk.

They put on a show like that, free food and booze, and people can't be bothered to shut up for 15 minutes.

Laiping
02-13-2015, 12:11 PM
YES! I fully agree with Calfax! It was embarrassing how classless and thankless some people were. :((

Phil
02-13-2015, 12:26 PM
Was disappointed to see how many people were talking during Bez and Vanney's talk.

They put on a show like that, free food and booze, and people can't be bothered to shut up for 15 minutes.

Yup, thought the same really.

SuperTCP
02-13-2015, 12:38 PM
I was near the back and could not hear much of the presentation. My Buddy shouted out "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" but to no avail. There was quite a bit of "suits" , not enough supporters.

FRANKIE65
02-13-2015, 01:26 PM

YES! I fully agree with Calfax! It was embarrassing how classless and thankless some people were. :((

Yup, thought the same really.

I was near the back and could not hear much of the presentation. My Buddy shouted out "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" but to no avail. There was quite a bit of "suits" , not enough supporters.

BINGO!!!! That was the first thing Juli and I said to each other. You'd think some people would at least have the respect to shut the F up during the speaches!!
We must have been right near you TCP-IP. We were at the back standing at the bar.

JonO
02-13-2015, 02:41 PM
There was quite a bit of "suits" , not enough supporters.
Not this again... I don't understand the objection to "suits" who took the time to respond to an email that many supporters did not and are somehow looked down upon. Keep in mind many people probably arrived straight from work. Unless you are somehow able to distinguish "suits" from supporters dressed in suits... or whatever that even means....

SuperTCP
02-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Not this again... I don't understand the objection to "suits" who took the time to respond to an email that many supporters did not and are somehow looked down upon. Keep in mind many people probably arrived straight from work. Unless you are somehow able to distinguish "suits" from supporters dressed in suits... or whatever that even means....

I was dressed nice as well, as many supporters were. I was not commenting on the way attendees were dressed as many (as I did) came straight from work. But when it came to being quiet during the speeches and the occasional shout out and applause from the audience, you could tell who was a true supporter and who was not.

Areathrasher
02-13-2015, 03:27 PM
The "suits" were MLSE employees.sales staff there for free food and drink as a reward/bonus for selling season tickets.

jazzy
02-13-2015, 11:00 PM
Was disappointed to see how many people were talking during Bez and Vanney's talk

The main buffoon mistimed his boo meant for Defoe onto when Bradleys name was mentioned......like a misbehaving kid caught , idiot.....forced Bez to say surely not Bradley , maybe Defoe , though...

jazzy
02-13-2015, 11:08 PM
You're right of course......especially at Muzic.....remember many of those suits although interested in the big names mainly buy the expensive seats as well as the 'new suites' which will help pay for our 'stars' . All of us in the least expensive seats don't really make them much $$$. But we sure do act like we do . All our welcomed if the love TFC . The event was very classy which I appreciate , more so than some bar on the cheap . Pure 'supporter' events can be done simpler and more casual .