PDA

View Full Version : Beer/Concession Boycott @ the next home game

tfc88
07-23-2008, 02:28 PM
August 3rd v FC Dallas

I think it's time we send a message to the wanks at MLSE that WE ARE NOT LEAFS FANS.

We're not going to follow blindly and let corporate interests dictate our atmosphere. Using the supporters groups as a marketing ploy and treating us like their 'bitches' is not ok with me.

We are SERIOUS when we say we want more control over tickets in the south end. Tackle the scalper issue seriously, and put a disclaimer on tickets in the south end to let families know the deal.

Filling the south end with security and cops, pissing off the very people that created so many jobs for the city, the team and various organizations.. not gonna fly from now on. All it's doing is aggravating the backbone of this franchise.

Most of all we need to let MLSE know that the power is to the people. Whether it be expansion issues, grass turf, performance, marketing, whatever... THIS IS OUR TEAM

and I'm not paying $10 for a freakin' tall can of beer. I haven't bought food at the stadium this year, and I'm calling it quits on the booze too. I hope that many of the regulars on this board can lead a serious debate about this, and hopefully we can show MLSE that we mean business.

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 02:29 PM
wont accomplish anything. There are 16,000 other people who will still buy beer if they want to.

Tintin
07-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Yes, Parkdale is right. That's the problem...

flatpicker
07-23-2008, 02:32 PM
I think the best way to get your message across is a visual statement...
A very large banner that states your feelings.

tfc88
07-23-2008, 02:35 PM
^^^^ definitely the best first step..

but i seriously think that if all the supporters groups united on this one, we could get 1/4 of the people buying beer to stop for one game... and that would certainly force them to take notice

jayeden
this is not the asnwer...obviously the team cannot win WITH our support..so i think its best that we rest our vocal cords for a game and watch them try to win without it..when they do that..then we can go back to full support

Nodoubtguy
a big "Where's our striker?" Banner???

blackandwhite
07-23-2008, 02:36 PM
I am leafs fan.. I am gonna wear my leafs jersey to the next game :)

MrHawk
07-23-2008, 02:36 PM
I think I made some form of comparison

20,000 people at a game. Let's say 16,000 drink there. If each buy 1 beer at $10 a pop that's $160,000 in beer sales. If only 1/4 of that is gone, that's $120,000.

All MLSE does, raise the prices by .05 cents and their costs are covered for future beer sales.

GabrielHurl
07-23-2008, 02:37 PM

Are you boycotting beer at The Rhino as well?

Tintin
07-23-2008, 02:38 PM
this is not the asnwer...obviously the team cannot win WITH our support..so i think its best that we rest our vocal cords for a game and watch them try to win without it..when they do that..then we can go back to full support

They do that alot in Europe. Last year Shalke fans did that in Germany and it worked! The team started scoring and winning...

Phil

Good idea there, we don't wear team colours for the next home match?

AL-MO
Posting what 'protest' you are going to organize on a public forum like this probably isn't a great idea...

TicTacTabarnack
07-23-2008, 02:42 PM
I have said this before ... Protest at a TFC game! Sit Quietly and hold tons of signs that say:

"My support is not for your Marketing department it's for a WINNING team!"
"Sub Par Team = Sub Par Support!"
"For the Love of GOD Sign a DP Striker already!"
"We have been bitching for months about it ... Release Cunny Already!"
"If you're going to use our support for marketing purposes at least give us something to support!"
"TFC Fan seeks DP Striker Desperately"
etc.

blackandwhite
07-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Good idea there, we don't wear team colours for the next home match?

Well they treat us like leafs fans so we might as well come in leafs gear.

giambac
07-23-2008, 02:44 PM
August 3rd v FC Dallas

I think it's time we send a message to the wanks at MLSE that WE ARE NOT LEAFS FANS.

We're not going to follow blindly and let corporate interests dictate our atmosphere. Using the supporters groups as a marketing ploy and treating us like their 'bitches' is not ok with me.

We are SERIOUS when we say we want more control over tickets in the south end. Tackle the scalper issue seriously, and put a disclaimer on tickets in the south end to let families know the deal.

Filling the south end with security and cops, pissing off the very people that created so many jobs for the city, the team and various organizations.. not gonna fly from now on. All it's doing is aggravating the backbone of this franchise.

Most of all we need to let MLSE know that the power is to the people. Whether it be expansion issues, grass turf, performance, marketing, whatever... THIS IS OUR TEAM

and I'm not paying $10 for a freakin' tall can of beer. I haven't bought food at the stadium this year, and I'm calling it quits on the booze too. I hope that many of the regulars on this board can lead a serious debate about this, and hopefully we can show MLSE that we mean business.

Why don't all fans agree to miss/not attend the next match.

TFC will be playing in an empty stadium.

We are used to seeing TFC games in front off capacity crowds. It would make all the tv cahnnels and sport columns.

For 1 game no fans show up.

as a seaon ticket holder iI would do my part to boycott the game.

flatpicker
07-23-2008, 02:45 PM
"Desperately Seeking Striker"

"Give Us A Reason"

"We'll Sit On Our Asses For As Long As You Do"

Cambridge_Red
07-23-2008, 02:48 PM
"Goal?"

Heathen
07-23-2008, 02:48 PM
there's a simple way that you could stop beer sales entirely, if a few are willing to risk the ire of drinkers

blackandwhite
07-23-2008, 02:49 PM
We already painted this banner..it's close to 30 feet. We were gonna bring it last night but didn't wanna bring in "negative" shit...

http://www.southsidejumpers.org/images/tifo/withhonour_small.jpg

alexintoronto
07-23-2008, 02:52 PM
How is it negative?

I only do positive banners!

Pyeddo
07-23-2008, 02:52 PM
I love it

Cambridge_Red
07-23-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm not buying beer at BMO, it's putting me in debt ;)

Nodoubtguy
07-23-2008, 02:54 PM
We already painted this banner..it's close to 30 feet. We were gonna bring it last night but didn't wanna bring in "negative" shit...

YES YES YES!!!

Cambridge_Red
07-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Excellent banner that should be shrunk and put in the locker room.

TicTacTabarnack
07-23-2008, 02:56 PM

:smilielol5:

TicTacTabarnack
07-23-2008, 02:58 PM
http://www.leemcewan.com/serendipitybook/images/protest.jpg

Etc. etc. etc...

Canadian Blue
07-23-2008, 03:00 PM
fuck shrinking it....put a massive 30 foot reminder in their dressing room.

"My support is not for your Marketing department it's for a WINNING team!"
"For the Love of GOD Sign a DP Striker already!"
"We have been bitching for months about it ... Release Cunny Already!"
"If you're going to use our support for marketing purposes at least give us something to support!"
"TFC Fan seeks DP Striker Desperately"
"Desperately Seeking Striker"

"Give Us A Reason"

All of the above are good suggestions

invictusTFC
07-23-2008, 03:00 PM
How about all the supporter groups turn their backs to the field during the game as a visual statement. Its not like we're gonna miss much out there anyways!

Cambridge_Red
07-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Turning our backs is only going to send a negative message to the players. The protest is aimed at that management not the players. I agree the players need to have more heart, but it's not Cunny's fault hes useless.

TicTacTabarnack
07-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Turning our backs is only going to send a negative message to the players. The protest is aimed at that management not the players. I agree the players need to have more heart, but it's not Cunny's fault hes useless.

:iagree:

The signs and silence should be a message to management to make some changes. The players will feel the effect when we're silent.

blackandwhite
07-23-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm bringing the banner tomorrow.. we'll hang it behind the goal

Canadian Blue
07-23-2008, 03:15 PM

Your bringing this banner to the Allstar game, why?

Jeffro
07-23-2008, 03:16 PM
All I've heard on this board lately is lets boycott this, lets protest that. I didn't know that so-called supporters groups would only support the team if it wins. Of course we should be pissed if we lose, but I'm not going to stop supporting the team because we're in a slump, no matter how bad it is. Yeah lets boycott the next game, then we can all be part time supporters

blackandwhite
07-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Your bringing this banner to the Allstar game, why?

i want to :)

yellowfellow
07-23-2008, 03:22 PM
All I've heard on this board lately is lets boycott this, lets protest that. I didn't know that so-called supporters groups would only support the team if it wins. Of course we should be pissed if we lose, but I'm not going to stop supporting the team because we're in a slump, no matter how bad it is. Yeah lets boycott the next game, then we can all be part time supporters

Who says we don't support the team? We don't like certain things and want something done about it. We still love our boys in red....except the cunt.

TicTacTabarnack
07-23-2008, 03:22 PM

It's not a question of being a part time supporter ... It's a question of being a supporter who's support is not being valued by management. We support and support and support and they don't give us anything in return except a commercial that glorifies our support. After a while ... you have to stop and think ... What the hell am I supporting and why aren't they doing something to validate how much I support them?

TicTacTabarnack
07-23-2008, 03:26 PM
i want to :)
Wait for a TFC game ... The only person there that will wear our jersey is Brennan and he'll be wearing a Black Pepsi Jersey for the day.

YoungK
07-23-2008, 03:36 PM
why dont all the leaders of all the groups meet before game and talk away to do this. i was thinking you guys should just put up all black banners and wear all black... and if you want put what your pissed about on the black banners

just a idea :canada:

colman1860
07-23-2008, 03:43 PM
I think I made some form of comparison

20,000 people at a game. Let's say 16,000 drink there. If each buy 1 beer at $10 a pop that's $160,000 in beer sales. If only 1/4 of that is gone, that's $120,000.

All MLSE does, raise the prices by .05 cents and their costs are covered for future beer sales.

16000 do not drink there. id say 16000 are above the legal drinking age. Id actually estimate more like 8000 beers are bought per game (some buy more than one). In my section (108), id say 25% drink.

Marc"2L"
07-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Let me put it this way. I've been very silent untill now.

I am starting to have money problems, and TFC can be a very expensive habbit for somebody who lives outside of Toronto.

Coming from Ottawa to catch the Columbus bus in Toronto isn't exactly cheap, nor was flying back. Things are starting to add up. While I know my money isn't directly going to MLSE, the attitude I have is the same, and it is this:

If I had a way of knowing that just one person in the upper MLSE organization looked at us or TFC as purely dollar signs, I would never spend a dime on it again. The trouble of course, is that I know very well that MLSE looks at us like this. I know this because we are owned by a investment fund. Not a person, a FUND. A non-living, sum of money is what runs our show.

Forgive me for thinking that not spending my earned money on this team happens to be a appropriate response for when a pile of cash says a nice big fuck you to everything we do for this team.

On that note, what happened last night wasn't the end of the world. A loss is shit, but this isn't the fuck you I'm looking for before I decide that TFC has finally gone the way of the leafs.

Technorgasm
07-23-2008, 05:29 PM
I understand your angst but. .

THIS IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

How about you invite TFC FO to meet you at the bike racks at 3:30. . and settle it that way.

Krazy_kid
07-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Do you really think protesting the beer/concession stand for one game is going to do something? Do you not think the MLSE knows its team hasn't won in ages? We were the worst team in the league last year

a winning team = more money on merchandise, tickets and concessions.

A protest for one game isn't going to do anything. So sales decrease one game but then go back to normal after that. You need to protest every game from here out. avoid merch, beer and concessions.

If your not happy with where the team is going then sell your tickets - there are 8,000 people waiting for season tickets that would gladly take yours

Draracle
07-23-2008, 07:53 PM
I am all for a beer boycott. And I don't think it would be that hard to organize stadium wide, if we really wanted to do it. Most of the 20k are upset about the current situation, especially after last night.

The MLSE is a profit driven organization, if we really want to get their attention then their profit is the place to hit. There is a reason why the Leafs haven't won since the sixties.

ecantona7
07-23-2008, 08:24 PM
if you lot are that dissatisfied with the team why don't you do what liverpool fans did last season in regards to gillet and hicks and so on. AFTER the game is done, sing songs aimed at upper management for 30 mins. You do that for every game and surely heads will turn. It would be all over the papers. Juch a thought, like.

AL-MO
07-23-2008, 08:28 PM

QUALITY banner B/W

noochie
07-23-2008, 08:32 PM
All this protesting is making my head spin. Fuck it... I am gonna start a protest for serving meat at BMO.

Smenge
07-23-2008, 08:37 PM
What a joke. The moment MO signs a new striker, you guys will be wanking yourselves all the way to the park, and piss drunk by the 45. MLSE bigwigs know this, it is the anticipation of better things to come, that keeps sports fans crazy......the negative threads will turn positive the minute the team turns things around. Relax, enjoy the season, they lost last year and nobody cared, they are better now, and will get even better........so go to the next game with the anticipation that you continue to fill the head with a gallon of beer piss .

Alarius
07-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Silent protest.. supporters sit down..
with the pathetic seats i had to that debacle of the game, most of the peeps in my section were taking their queues from the south end..
A silent protest would definately stand out..

james
07-23-2008, 08:41 PM
i think we need to show are disgust in some way at are next home match.

using banners, standing in silence for a whole half, not buying beer, turning are backs to the pitch. All of these are good ideas. We should really plan on doing somethin to show are disgust or else we will become like Leaf fans who constently lose but yet fans do nothin about it so there for management does nothin to change things.

james
07-23-2008, 08:43 PM
wont accomplish anything. There are 16,000 other people who will still buy beer if they want to.

thats true, stand in silence or making a banner would work much better tho.

james
07-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Why don't all fans agree to miss/not attend the next match.

TFC will be playing in an empty stadium.

We are used to seeing TFC games in front off capacity crowds. It would make all the tv cahnnels and sport columns.

For 1 game no fans show up.

as a seaon ticket holder iI would do my part to boycott the game.

i think alot of people paid for the ticekts and want to attend the game. I dont think it would work to well. I think doing somethin like standing in silence would be easier to do.

Footie-11
07-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Let's not fool ourselves here. There is no way we can get the ENTIRE south end to turn there backs, not show to the match, not buy beer etc.

Silence and Banners are the only way to get our message across. Althought it won't be all that silent as the casuals will just chant THIS IS OUR HOUSE all game...

mclaren
07-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Do you really think protesting the beer/concession stand for one game is going to do something? Do you not think the MLSE knows its team hasn't won in ages? We were the worst team in the league last year

A protest for one game isn't going to do anything. So sales decrease one game but then go back to normal after that. You need to protest every game from here out. avoid merch, beer and concessions.

If your not happy with where the team is going then sell your tickets - there are 8,000 people waiting for season tickets that would gladly take yours

If you wanted to do that, the best way to protest would not to sell your ticket on but keep it and not go, since most money is made from concessions.

Corcai
07-23-2008, 08:50 PM
All I've heard on this board lately is lets boycott this, lets protest that. I didn't know that so-called supporters groups would only support the team if it wins. Of course we should be pissed if we lose, but I'm not going to stop supporting the team because we're in a slump, no matter how bad it is. Yeah lets boycott the next game, then we can all be part time supporters.

Jeffro,

The product that we have been paying to see and alot of dedicated supporter have invested time and money in (in spades) is not nearly where it should be as a ROE. E being equity and by most ardent supporters isn't tangible by anyway other than the quality of the squad playing. I was actually embarassed watching the match last night with a buddy of mine from England who is..get this.. a fucking Derby supporter. The two products are of course very different but TFC's performance has been embarassing.

It is most evident that TFC have full time supporters that care, but given the level of support, we do not expect to be in the botton half of the basically unsupported squads in the U.S.

People are paying for a product, MLSE needs to get that product up to snuff.

james
07-23-2008, 08:57 PM
If you wanted to do that, the best way to protest would not to sell your ticket on but keep it and not go, since most money is made from concessions.

dont think that would happen. Some people pay alot of money for games. Think about people who might not have season tickets but paid money to come to the next home match....they deffinitly dont wanna give up there ticket. i bet the best we could get is maybe 1,000 people decide to not go the game because of the loss, we still have 19,000 which we have had at some games this season. I have season ticekts and still want to go to the next match. But i do want to display my anger some how.

Only way i think would work effectively is if we make banners or stand in silence for a half or even a whole game.

noochie
07-23-2008, 09:00 PM

Jeffro,

The product that we have been paying to see and alot of dedicated supporter have invested time and money in (in spades) is not nearly where it should be as a ROE. E being equity and by most ardent supporters isn't tangible by anyway other than the quality of the squad playing. I was actually embarassed watching the match last night with a buddy of mine from England who is..get this.. a fucking Derby supporter. The two products are of course very different but TFC's performance has been embarassing.

It is most evident that TFC have full time supporters that care, but given the level of support, we do not expect to be in the botton half of the basically unsupported squads in the U.S.

People are paying for a product, MLSE needs to get that product up to snuff.

Yet every day we are hearing about another signing that is falling through. Sounds to me like they are working their ass off to get a deal done and bring someone in. So the logic is to punish the organization that is trying to turn it around. Instead of simply voicing our displeasure with the current squad and their inability to get the job done on the field.

james
07-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Yet every day we are hearing about another signing that is falling through. Sounds to me like they are working their ass off to get a deal done and bring someone in. So the logic is to punish the organization that is trying to turn it around. Instead of simply voicing our displeasure with the current squad and their inability to get the job done on the field.

if the organization really wanted to turn things around as much as us they would go and get real grass. Then we would sign players faster and easier and we wouldnt have to deal with players saying they dont want to play for TFC because we play on turf!

noochie
07-23-2008, 09:15 PM
if the organization really wanted to turn things around as much as us they would go and get real grass. Then we would sign players faster and easier and we wouldnt have to deal with players saying they dont want to play for TFC because we play on turf!

Ok James... but for the 1 millionth time... it is not up to them. Do we need to run down the list of players that have turned us down. What do you propose they can do to "sign players faster" given the salary cap, the turf which is out of their hands and the roster restrictions? Where is the plan? All I see on here lately is mindless criticism (not directed at you specifically) brought on by everyones frustration with the PLAYERS. Again... where our frustration should be directed first and foremost.

james
07-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Ok James... but for the 1 millionth time... it is not up to them. Do we need to run down the list of players that have turned us down. What do you propose they can do to "sign players faster" given the salary cap, the turf which is out of their hands and the roster restrictions? Where is the plan? All I see on here lately is mindless criticism (not directed at you specifically) brought on by everyones frustration with the PLAYERS. Again... where our frustration should be directed first and foremost.

well in a way i think they have control, MLSE could put grass in easy, they got billions of dollars. However anyways i agree that they are probably trying hard to sign players and currently i am not that mad about the magement. But you are right, im more mad with our players since we did not win yesterday.

And i think boycotting the concessions is dumb because that does only effect the organization not the players on the field. Not to mention i bet many people are still gonna buy beer and such and they will still make a killing since beers are $10 each.

Id much rather show my anger at the team on the field by standing in silence or making banners.

noochie
07-23-2008, 09:48 PM
well in a way i think they have control, MLSE could put grass in easy, they got billions of dollars. However anyways i agree that they are probably trying hard to sign players and currently i am not that mad about the magement. But you are right, im more mad with our players since we did not win yesterday.

And i think boycotting the concessions is dumb because that does only effect the organization not the players on the field. Not to mention i bet many people are still gonna buy beer and such and they will still make a killing since beers are $10 each.

Id much rather show my anger at the team on the field by standing in silence or making banners.

I want grass as much as the next guy... but we have to understand it is more than just money. The city owns BMO and it is their call. Logistics like watering, removal/conversion to turf and many more issues are not gonna make this an overnight decision. That and no business in their right mind is gonna piss away millions of dollars to put in a grass field for half a season at an attempt to spend more millions on a DP. ;)

bdrs
07-23-2008, 10:08 PM
I will not be buying any concessions until the team is fixed and while I do not support any protest at tomorrows game I would back whatever the choice was at one of our home games. That is the best time for it if it is what needs to be done. All the suggestions sound great. Love the signs idea. lol
"DRESS MO"

Toronto_Bhoy
07-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Silence is deafening…

But it would have to be extremely well orchestrated in the South Stand and well defined…no noise from [something like] 13:00 until 23:00. And a giant flag… "MLSE, how does this sound?"

Football is nothing without supporters…

james
07-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Silence is deafening…

But it would have to be extremely well orchestrated in the South Stand and well defined…no noise from [something like] 13:00 until 23:00. And a giant flag… "MLSE, how does this sound?"

Football is nothing without supporters…

i agree, but id say we dont sing for a long period. Maybe like the first 25 minutes.....or the whole 1st half.

Sonny Cheeba
07-23-2008, 10:17 PM
if the toilets had tanks you could all do upper deckers.

fetajr
07-23-2008, 10:19 PM
"we Want Real Grass You Cheap Fucks"

stretchthetruth
07-23-2008, 10:20 PM
if the toilets had tanks you could all do upper deckers.

ah man that happened at this party i was at years ago... hilarious as long as you arent the one fishing the poop out of the tank...

Dirk Diggler
07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
There's no need to organize any sort of protest. At the next TFC game, just sit down and don't sing or chant.....basically don't do anything that the MLSE marketing heads can use for their next advert. This is the simplest most natural and the most effective way of protest. Doesn't need any form of cohesion.

fetajr
07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
...... That and no business in their right mind is gonna piss away millions of dollars to put in a grass field for half a season at an attempt to spend more millions on a DP. ;)

you said it all with the magical word "business"..which is how MLSE operates first and foremost.

its just too fuckin hard to beleive that poorer teams, in cities, in countries, with similar climates (hot summers & freezing winters) can somehow maintain a small stadium with real grass.

Latvia! (http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/latvia/riga_skonto.shtml)
Russia! (http://www.worldstadiums.com/europe/countries/russia.shtml)
Sweden! (http://www.worldstadiums.com/europe/countries/sweden.shtml)

One thing we can aim for is to encourage MLSE to sell the team. The only way they would do that is if profits aren't as high as they project. The teachers will look at their bar graphs and realize that their portfolio may be better suited with another investment. Merchandise, beer and food are direct ways we can make an impact...we're fucked on the season seats since they are paid for and i don't think anyone is ready to give up their rights and not commit again for next season. Negative press by way of banners, chants are other ways to revolt.

Its about time a Toronto team got a real sports loving owner.

tfc88
07-23-2008, 10:43 PM

I know better than to take most of these comments personally, but I want to point out to all those off topic-- after all this thread is only 3 pages...

I was bitching about the corporate phony-baloney shit we have to put up with, like commercials glorifying us like warriors to make money for a bank, or the fact they're cracking down on the very people that make them money.

I don't know when the fuck this thread turned into "lets boycott this or that cuz the team is sucking lately" because I would never, EVER stop supporting TFC for those reasons. As a competitive footie player myself I know better than to get pissed off every time the team plays bad. Like the boys, I consider myself a professional...

I hate whiners. I hate people who bitch for no reason. I hate the corporate world (biatch). But I will never hate my own players.

I just want the fans to have a say in the destiny of this team.. not the bums who run MLSE (who have no idea how to run a football team)

raj100
07-23-2008, 10:51 PM
I

buy a copy of the 442 a couple of months back and read about a team that has never left the lowest level of english football...they still have supporters, we have been in the league for TWO years

MisterMacphisto
07-23-2008, 11:11 PM

Personally, I'm getting tired of hearing people say, "It won't help" when someone suggests trying to get together and do something about a problem. If we decide something is worth fighting for and protesting, it will help.

I heard several comments about protesting at the All Star game won't help... I just finished watching a video with Don Garber fielding a question from TSN in front of many other prominent North and South American journalist specifically about the protest, emphatically stating he supports a SSS for BMO and will try to work with the city and the mayor to insure that it stays that.... and we haven't even done the protest yet.

Kind of off topic, but when the iPhone was going to be released in Canada by Rogers, they were going to have a $30 data plan with only 400MB of Data, while the US and other countries have an unlimited data plan. Someone proposed a protest, and everyone said... Rogers won't care. Well, someone started a website, got over 60,000 signatures, with many people pledging not to buy the phone in protest, and before the launch Rogers changed the $30 plan to 6GB of data (Virtually unlimited).

Protests don't have to involve all 20,000 in attendance at TFC. Do you know the flipping consternation the bean counters will have, if they suddenly have a steady 3.5% drop in food and beer sales at the concession stands?

Look, I don't want us to be a bunch of whiny babies who want to throw a protest the minute a beer concession lacky looks at us funny. I don't look at MLSE as "the man" out to get us. And I don't think compromise is a dirty word. But if there are issues that we need to address... and there are issues... then we need to all stick together and make our voices heard.

It also goes both ways for me personally.. MLSE has done a lot of things right, and if they do so on some key issues as well, I WILL support concession sales, and support their sponsors, and let their sponsors know I'm supporting them because they support TFC etc...

the-lower-eastsider
07-24-2008, 01:15 AM
we need to protest more than just the argos comin here.
we need to get this organized and stop fighting about it. can someone tell me...
#1. why dont we have a DP?
#2. why do we have a 16 year old starting for us as our main striker? (and i know dichio's hurt)
#3. when are we gonna get 2 strikers that can score in this league? we're all still waiting.
but most importantly, when are we gonna scrap the fuckin field turf and get real grass? no i'm serious. the fact that we still have field turf is a joke. no actually, its fuckin embarrassing. it really is. any way u wanna cut it. THIS HAS TO BE RECTIFIED! especially if we wanna be able to lure any quality players here. enough of the rhetoric. football=grass pitch. end of. there are no other arguements. when is this city gonna wake up and stop making multi-purpose facilities that SUCK? (like the rogers centre). its like a radio station that tries to cater to everyone (example, MIX99.9) and in the end just flat out sucks. fuck it! we need to FORCE the city, FORCE the team, FORCE MLSE, whoever it is, to install a grass pitch. thats the first thing we need to do. we somehow need to find a way to make that happen. if we have to stage various protests, so be it. lets do it. how the fuck can u lure good players here on that shit? answer=u cant. lets face it. were a laughing stock. for the pitch alone. nevermind what we do on it.
so thats it for me. i wanna protest the turf. and i'm in on any way u guys wanna do this. all of the above ideas seem good to me. so lets do them all i say. fuck MLSE and the city. they make enough money off of us to get by in the off season. the place does not need to be rented out and used every second that TFC are not on it. fuck them!
I say a multi-pronged approach is the best.
lets hit them with banners. lets hit them with chants (like the liverpool example). lets hit them with silence. lets hit them at the concessions. lets hit them at the merchandise counters. and lets hit them in the pocketbooks, first and foremost.
enough is enough. we deserve better. plain and simple.
one thing i've noticed on the road when we go to the states, is that nobody cares about football down there outside of a brave few that "get it". sometimes i wonder how this league survives in some places. and here we are making this franchise flourish with tons of money and this organization gives us a shit pitch and sub-par players. its time to voice some displeasure that counts. the best supporters in the league deserve better. and if we can get together and use our numbers, we can change some things. sorry, im drinking and i'm pissed. but fuck that turf makes me angry.
craiger

ilikemusic
07-24-2008, 01:26 AM
I never buy anything at BMO Field. The games only two hours long and im not going to be ripped off on bad product. Though its never been a protest. Just me being cheap :p

Im continually shocked at people in the south end seats coming back after half time with pizza, hot-dogs and anything else they serve there.

1. Its bad product
2. its all totally unhealthy
3. its insanely overpriced
4. how enjoyable can your food be that youve either got to eat either standing up while trying not to upset your drink or eat sitting down staring at everybody's asses in front of you.

Ive never really understood the 'have a meal while watching the game' mentality. Thats horrible. Ruins the food and the game for me.

the-lower-eastsider
07-24-2008, 02:05 AM
I never buy anything at BMO Field. The games only two hours long and im not going to be ripped off on bad product. Though its never been a protest. Just me being cheap :p

Im continually shocked at people in the south end seats coming back after half time with pizza, hot-dogs and anything else they serve there.

1. Its bad product
2. its all totally unhealthy
3. its insanely overpriced
4. how enjoyable can your food be that youve either got to eat either standing up while trying not to upset your drink or eat sitting down staring at everybody's asses in front of you.

Ive never really understood the 'have a meal while watching the game' mentality. Thats horrible. Ruins the food and the game for me.
heres the deal. first off, when i'm hungry. i eat. doesnt matter what the price is. and newsflash for ya: not everybody's worried about "unhealthy". secondly, its not a bad product. most food items i've had at BMO are more than good as far as stadium food goes. and lastly, i would eat food upside down if i had to. i dont give a fuck if i'm standing or sitting or who's in front of me. i've eaten a few chip butty's while not missin a single pass. but yeah, if i can, i prefer not to give the concessions any of my money.
craiger

ilikemusic
07-24-2008, 02:35 AM
Just giving my opinions on eating and buying food at games. Eat a quarter chicken dinner at your seat for all I care. To me, its a big waste. As I said, its only two hours. Eat before, after, or just be anorexic for two hours; nobody is going to go hungry at a footy match.

When im hungry, I eat too. But im still just a broke student. Price matters a whole lot to me. :hump:

Just my opinion, you dont have to agree. Evidently you dont.

noochie
07-24-2008, 08:35 AM
you said it all with the magical word "business"..which is how MLSE operates first and foremost.

its just too fuckin hard to beleive that poorer teams, in cities, in countries, with similar climates (hot summers & freezing winters) can somehow maintain a small stadium with real grass.

Latvia! (http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/latvia/riga_skonto.shtml)
Russia! (http://www.worldstadiums.com/europe/countries/russia.shtml)
Sweden! (http://www.worldstadiums.com/europe/countries/sweden.shtml)

One thing we can aim for is to encourage MLSE to sell the team. The only way they would do that is if profits aren't as high as they project. The teachers will look at their bar graphs and realize that their portfolio may be better suited with another investment. Merchandise, beer and food are direct ways we can make an impact...we're fucked on the season seats since they are paid for and i don't think anyone is ready to give up their rights and not commit again for next season. Negative press by way of banners, chants are other ways to revolt.

Its about time a Toronto team got a real sports loving owner.

Read the rest of the post though. This has little to do with MLSE and their money. Their only definitive option is to build their own stadium and become owner/operators. As long as it continues to be owned by the city it is up to the city and the taxpayers (yes, the majority of them)

Bobo
07-24-2008, 10:05 AM

That's actually a REALLY good idea! Get something started if you're really serious about that.

Cashcleaner
07-24-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm kinda surprised people here buy anything from concessions at all. For all the games I've attended, I've bought maybe three bottles of coke and two chicken pitas.

I'm sorry, but the cost of food and drink is too expensive to justify. I don't need a reason to boycott anything and I assure you, its actually very easy to not consume anything at BMO Field.

noochie
07-24-2008, 02:20 PM
I dunno Cash, those pork wraps are bad-ass ;)

smeghead
07-24-2008, 03:10 PM
A silent protest is the best way to get them off their asses, both players and management. And signage to clue in the prawn eaters. im stilll pissed.

TicTacTabarnack
07-24-2008, 03:17 PM
I dunno Cash, those pork wraps are bad-ass ;)

Mmmmmm-urgh! Pork wraps!

http://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1pO3E57Q229UKB9_SLtL_gkaBiNhcETL9fo_A-M9TEajOBx8vA0V7AzTl1pqyoZiOg0w_9CGc2b5I

Loyal
07-24-2008, 04:31 PM
What other business in the world gets a1ay with a 100 percent markup on their goods. Boycott the sh*t out of them!
They do that alot in Europe. Last year Shalke fans did that in Germany and it worked! The team started scoring and winning...