PDA

View Full Version : How many TFC supporter groups have their been?

Red CB Toronto
01-27-2015, 04:33 AM
Was thinking about how many TFC Supporter Groups there are and have been of varying sizes. Come up with this list off the top,of my head, some are still going strong, others fell by the wayside and some I simply do not know much about or their current status. All in all I love the support this team has.

1. First and foremost us, RPB
2. Usector
3. TRN
4. NEE
5. Kings in the North
6. Original 109
7. SG111/114
8. Bathurst Street Brawlers
9. Lakeside Loonies
10. Yorkies, think they started out with the intention of being a SG
11 CHH

CommradePolski
01-27-2015, 06:04 AM
There was a small one in 116 which was called The Firm, or The Faction, I forget which.

JavierMartini
01-27-2015, 08:08 AM
Was thinking about how many TFC Supporter Groups there are and have been of varying sizes. Come up with this list off the top,of my head, some are still going strong, others fell by the wayside and some I simply do not know much about or their current status. All in all I love the support this team has.

2. Usector
3. TRN
4. NEE
5. Kings in the North
6. Original 109
7. SG111/114
9. Lakeside Loonies
11 CHH

Too many. A lack of whole unified support in one stand kills the atmosphere. Hindsight is 20/20 ofc.

brad
01-27-2015, 08:12 AM
Too many. A lack of whole unified support in one stand kills the atmosphere. Hindsight is 20/20 ofc.

Have to remember that a lot of them had/have no interest in unifying. They want to do their own thing.

Oldtimer
01-27-2015, 08:41 AM
There was an ultras 114, (not related to 111/114) that had some sort of relationship with U-Sector but was a separate group. They were around a dozen They gave up around year 5 and many stopped coming, others affiliated with other groups or no group. Here's a thread they posted on U-Sector when they started: http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector/index.php?showtopic=5735 They used to wave a large flag with XII (12th man?) on it. You'll recognize some of the names and they ummmm, don't say the nicest things about us.

There was a group from a pub in SW Ontario that was there the first 3 years, also in 114. They numbered around 8 or 10. They had "hoolies" in their name, and the rest of the name was the pub they were from.

Enterprise Captain
01-27-2015, 08:52 AM
There was an ultras 114, (not related to 111/114) that had some sort of relationship with U-Sector but was a separate group. They were around a dozen They gave up around year 5 and many stopped coming, others affiliated with other groups or no group. Here's a thread they posted on U-Sector when they started: http://www.u-sector.ca/index.php?showtopic=5735&p=6039082* They used to wave a large flag with XII (12th man?) on it. You'll recognize some of the names and they ummmm, don't say the nicest things about us.

There was a group from a pub in SW Ontario that was there the first 3 years, also in 114. They numbered around 8 or 10. They had "hoolies" in their name, and the rest of the name was the pub they were from.*Link Updated

Fort York Redcoat
01-27-2015, 09:12 AM
What is CHH?

SSJ- South Side Jumpers.

Pint
01-27-2015, 09:22 AM
The 5 groups are reasonably unified now, it will never be 100% but a good working relationship between most.

Still Kicking
01-27-2015, 09:25 AM
What about the group that used to wear wigs and speak with Scottish accents and were devoted to our first manager ? The Mo Jo's.

Phil
01-27-2015, 09:51 AM
Typiclly I don't like talk of other groups on here because it always degrades into a piss up. However if this is an informational effort I would recommend identifying SG114 as Inebriatti as all indications are that its the name of thier prefrence.

I think Pint is right, lots of changes have happened and the groups are more aligned now than ever.

n_potts
01-27-2015, 09:52 AM
The 116 group is/was The Firm. Not as active but pretty much everyone is still around and we mostly socialize amongst ourselves. You'll still usually see a few of our scarves on game day. The group in 115 was the CHH mentioned above. The Celeigh House Hoolies. A bunch of buddies that hung out at Celeigh House in Hess Village in Hamilton. The bar is closed now but I still see mark and narc at games all the time.

Yagbod
01-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Their is also a group in the 116 neighborhood called Red Street Ultras or something like that. I'd never heard of them but someone found a facebook page for them. They appear active, fairly numerous and produce merchandise. For what it's worth.

jabbronies
01-27-2015, 11:01 AM
What about "The 12" ? wasn't that a thing once upon a time?

Red CB Toronto
01-27-2015, 11:37 AM
Typiclly I don't like talk of other groups on here because it always degrades into a piss up. However if this is an informational effort I would recommend identifying SG114 as Inebriatti as all indications are that its the name of thier prefrence.

I think Pint is right, lots of changes have happened and the groups are more aligned now than ever.

Wile this is an informational , the narrative of supporting TFC and the history behind it includes all those that do regardless of what group or not they may be apart of. So staying positive is key. For instances the only reason I knew of the Lakeside Loonies was because I came across their message board which was a part of GO TFC.

What does anyone know of the Bathurst Street Brawler, where were they situated , have only seen their scarf?

Super
01-27-2015, 12:00 PM
How many members should a group have to qualify as a supporters group? There are tons of groups out there, but typically less than 20.

Oldtimer
01-27-2015, 12:36 PM
The group in 115 was the CHH mentioned above. The Celeigh House Hoolies. A bunch of buddies that hung out at Celeigh House in Hess Village in Hamilton. The bar is closed now but I still see mark and narc at games all the time.

OK, that's it!

Good folks, I talked with them a few times. Glad a couple of them are still around. Some of them were in 114 back in the day, maybe that's as close to 115 as they could get.

Supporting
01-27-2015, 02:05 PM
On reddit lakeshore loonies are starting a supporters group for TFC 2.

Also what happened to Toronto Rythmn Nation?

MartinUtd
01-27-2015, 02:14 PM
I remember shortly after the teams inception there were some photos going around of a "firm" that went around wearing balaclavas and spray painting their gaudy logo on things. Not exactly what you were talking about but good for a laugh.

Anyone remember the name or have the pictures? I recall the acronym "ICC" but I could be wrong.

Red CB Toronto
01-27-2015, 02:23 PM
On reddit lakeshore loonies are starting a supporters group for TFC 2.

Also what happened to Toronto Rythmn Nation?

It is Tribal Rhythm Nation . There are still around, and have official status with TFC. Not exactly sure how status is obtained with four currently being listed. The only other group that has been listed on the TFC website in the past has been North End Elite before they are disbanded.

http://www.torontofc.ca/content/supporters-clubs

Red CB Toronto
01-27-2015, 11:05 PM
What is CHH?

SSJ- South Side Jumpers.

CCH was the group Ceilidh House Hoolies. Ceilidh House was a pub in Hamilton whose owner was a huge footy supporter. It was well organized with bus trips, player appearances etc. I think we even did some things with them. Because it's organization was so tied to the bar, that when it was sold and the new owners were that interested in footy it withered away.

NolbertoS
01-28-2015, 01:41 AM
Are the Ultras still active?? I use to chill with them along time ago before MLS, but havent' spoken to them since, as I live in Van. I think with too many supporter groups, hard to unite, but at the same time, good that there doing there own thing. I know within the Southsiders, they splintered into 3 groups now, the Rain City Brigade, the Southsiders and Curva Collective, all 3 have different atmospheres as the Southsiders are mostly British chanting and singing, the Rain City Brigade more Canadian chants or local chants, I should say and the Curva, which is more European/South American chanting.

Cashcleaner
01-28-2015, 08:33 AM
CCH was the group Ceilidh House Hoolies. Ceilidh House was a pub in Hamilton whose owner was a huge footy supporter. It was well organized with bus trips, player appearances etc. I think we even did some things with them. Because it's organization was so tied to the bar, that when it was sold and the new owners were that interested in footy it withered away.

Yeah I remember meeting some of those guys during TFC's first few years. Shame things with their home bar didn't work out, because they were well organized and had some pretty solid numbers for membership.

Red CB Toronto
01-28-2015, 12:22 PM
It will be interesting to see if a group pops up for TFC2.

OfficeGuy
01-28-2015, 02:39 PM
why happened to NEE - are they the same as the Kings there now?

nascarguy
01-28-2015, 02:41 PM
why happened to NEE - are they the same as the Kings there now?
nope

nascarguy
01-28-2015, 02:51 PM
sec 119 had a group lakeside loyals and it's still there today

Mark TFC
01-29-2015, 01:43 PM
It will be interesting to see if a group pops up for TFC2.

Oh, they will. :)

themodelcitizen
01-29-2015, 01:50 PM

2. Usector
3. TRN
4. NEE
5. Kings in the North
6. Original 109
7. SG111/114
9. Lakeside Loonies
11 CHH

Well "first" was definitely U-Sec even if not foremost, but yeah the 114 Ultras have basically faded

Oldtimer
01-29-2015, 02:18 PM
Well "first" was definitely U-Sec

For sure U-Sector is the granddaddy of SGs here, I don't think Red CB means that RPB was historically first, just that it's first of mind when posting on the RPB board.

I remember going to see the Lynx and seeing U-Sector there.

In early 2007, U-Sector was quite a bit larger than the RPB, which is why U-Sector took 113 and RPB 112, the growth of both groups took us all by surprise.

Brooker
01-29-2015, 03:21 PM
why happened to NEE

Apparently it isn't allowed to be discussed around here. Everytime it's mentioned the thread gets closed. I've been wondering for a while.

Fort York Redcoat
01-29-2015, 03:27 PM
Apparently it isn't allowed to be discussed around here. Everytime it's mentioned the thread gets closed. I've been wondering for a while.

Same as TRN. We just don't discuss the gossip of other groups. It's good policy. Like a great umbrella in a shitstorm. No need.

Cashcleaner
01-29-2015, 03:42 PM
For sure U-Sector is the granddaddy of SGs here, I don't think Red CB means that RPB was historically first, just that it's first of mind when posting on the RPB board.

I remember going to see the Lynx and seeing U-Sector there.

In early 2007, U-Sector was quite a bit larger than the RPB, which is why U-Sector took 113 and RPB 112, the growth of both groups took us all by surprise.

This is true. U-Sector has been around for quite a while. In fact they were a group many years before the groundwork to bring an MLS club into the city was even laid. It's funny how the popularity of TFC just exploded in 2007. Nobody could have foreseen the sorta sell-out crowds we had in the first few seasons.

Red CB Toronto
01-29-2015, 03:59 PM
Same as TRN. We just don't discuss the gossip of other groups. It's good policy. Like a great umbrella in a shitstorm. No need.

Just on fact I believe TRN is still around from what I gather. I think it's good to discuss the mistakes supporters have made in the past so those moving forward they are not made again. It's simply an a clean open dialogue, an education of sorts.

Parkdale
01-29-2015, 04:56 PM

But that's not how it works in the rest of the world either.

In a big stadium, there can be dozens of unique supporters groups, and usually they work together on projects while maintaining their individual character. Some groups prefer to be hard-line about things, and other tend to be more welcoming. In Marseille there's even a supporters group in a handicap section for handicapped supporters! Some groups are people who live close to each other outside of the stadium, or happen to sit in one area or another. Groups can come together to work on big projects, but it's not uncommon to have multiple groups represented.

The idea that all supporters should fit into one group is laughable. I've met so many different people though TFC, and there's so much unique individuality that it couldnt all be contained under one group's banner. The goal should be to find unity within the groups on projects, but while respecting that different people are attracted to different structures.

Fort York Redcoat
01-29-2015, 05:24 PM
Just on fact I believe TRN is still around from what I gather. I think it's good to discuss the mistakes supporters have made in the past so those moving forward they are not made again. It's simply an a clean open dialogue, an education of sorts.

Oh this is gossip for educational reasons! Well good luck with that. I won't be adding to it.

Red CB Toronto
01-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Oh this is gossip for educational reasons! Well good luck with that. I won't be adding to it.

It is not gossip when we are talking about facts.

Pint
01-29-2015, 06:05 PM
Yes but people view facts in different ways. The important thing is how the current groups move forward together and I think the relationship between groups has and will hopefully continue to strengthen.

Wagner
01-29-2015, 06:15 PM

You need to stop with the mistake talk.
there are no mistakes.
Groups and individuals make choices.
like anything, things start and end.

there are a million cliches..."all good things come to an end" "rather burn out than fade away" "all moments meant to pass."

don't disrespect other groups by saying they made mistakes.

if you want to chat history over beers at Joe's with people, that might be a better venue.

tfcleeds
01-29-2015, 10:20 PM
This is true. U-Sector has been around for quite a while. In fact they were a group many years before the groundwork to bring an MLS club into the city was even laid. It's funny how the popularity of TFC just exploded in 2007. Nobody could have foreseen the sorta sell-out crowds we had in the first few seasons.

It's true that U-Sec were "the first", although RPB eventually gained greater membership. And everything you said is true - no one could have imagined how much support for this club would explode back in 2007. But it is interesting in that the early U-Sec boards are still accessible on the internetz, and it's cool to go back now and again to see what people were saying back in 2006 leading up to our debut.(Ahh, I actually miss those days - all the unbridled optimism before 8 years of ineptitude made many of us jaded :canada:) Not to say it doesn't exist, but I've looked on waybackmachine for the RPB boards (and the precursor to redpatchboys.ca, forget what it was called) prior to 2008 and haven't found them. But re-reading those old posts from U-Sec back in the day brings back the nostalgia, provides a historical record, and is a true gem. (eg. people actually being excited that the likes of Adam Braz were part of the inaugural team, lol).

Red CB Toronto
01-29-2015, 11:14 PM
It's true that U-Sec were "the first", although RPB eventually gained greater membership. And everything you said is true - no one could have imagined how much support for this club would explode back in 2007. But it is interesting in that the early U-Sec boards are still accessible on the internetz, and it's cool to go back now and again to see what people were saying back in 2006 leading up to our debut.(Ahh, I actually miss those days - all the unbridled optimism before 8 years of ineptitude made many of us jaded :canada:) Not to say it doesn't exist, but I've looked on waybackmachine for the RPB boards (and the precursor to redpatchboys.ca, forget what it was called) prior to 2008 and haven't found them. But re-reading those old posts from U-Sec back in the day brings back the nostalgia, provides a historical record, and is a true gem. (eg. people actually being excited that the likes of Adam Braz were part of the inaugural team, lol).

I would be curious to know if the pre May 2008 board still lives on somewhere, where is the Usector board?

JavierMartini
01-30-2015, 03:37 AM

But that's not how it works in the rest of the world either.

In a big stadium, there can be dozens of unique supporters groups, and usually they work together on projects while maintaining their individual character. Some groups prefer to be hard-line about things, and other tend to be more welcoming. In Marseille there's even a supporters group in a handicap section for handicapped supporters! Some groups are people who live close to each other outside of the stadium, or happen to sit in one area or another. Groups can come together to work on big projects, but it's not uncommon to have multiple groups represented.

The idea that all supporters should fit into one group is laughable. I've met so many different people though TFC, and there's so much unique individuality that it couldnt all be contained under one group's banner. The goal should be to find unity within the groups on projects, but while respecting that different people are attracted to different structures.

I'm not advocating one group fits all!

JavierMartini
01-30-2015, 03:40 AM
You need to stop with the mistake talk.
there are no mistakes.

What about mista, can we agree that was a mistake?:smilewinkgrin:

Fort York Redcoat
01-30-2015, 08:21 AM
I would be curious to know if the pre May 2008 board still lives on somewhere, where is the Usector board?.

It doesn't.

the U-sec board is still where it's always been.

Phil
01-30-2015, 08:25 AM
Biggest reason for us to adopt the 'no talking about other groups' policy is that a lot of really silly stuff gets said by a lot of different people. When its on these boards it reflects this group, member or not.

So going to meetings with the other groups tends to get fairly annoying when you spend time clarifying or defending some ignorant comment made on the internet. It causes mistrust and really damages the ongoing relationship between all groups. So for unified support to happen there needs to be a degree of respect and shit talking another group online typically isn't the way to achieve that.

So if we want to list the groups and have some banter fine, its not a problem. But the challenges in front of every group are different. What works for 15 guys is different than what works for 30 people, different again for 100 and another challenge for bigger groups. We all take different approaches with the team, some want all out war, some want the bare minimum and others crave a deeper bond. While the idea of 'learning from past mistakes' is noble, really we all talk and have come to an understanding as groups that we all have different priorities. One last note on that is yes - we actually do talk and share as groups. We actively look to independently learn and support one another in and out of the stands.

Jack
01-30-2015, 10:14 AM
(...)where is the Usector board?

You can find it here (http://bit.ly/1BDGlYU).

Red CB Toronto
01-30-2015, 10:25 AM
Biggest reason for us to adopt the 'no talking about other groups' policy is that a lot of really silly stuff gets said by a lot of different people. When its on these boards it reflects this group, member or not.

So going to meetings with the other groups tends to get fairly annoying when you spend time clarifying or defending some ignorant comment made on the internet. It causes mistrust and really damages the ongoing relationship between all groups. So for unified support to happen there needs to be a degree of respect and shit talking another group online typically isn't the way to achieve that.

So if we want to list the groups and have some banter fine, its not a problem. But the challenges in front of every group are different. What works for 15 guys is different than what works for 30 people, different again for 100 and another challenge for bigger groups. We all take different approaches with the team, some want all out war, some want the bare minimum and others crave a deeper bond. While the idea of 'learning from past mistakes' is noble, really we all talk and have come to an understanding as groups that we all have different priorities. One last note on that is yes - we actually do talk and share as groups. We actively look to independently learn and support one another in and out of the stands.

I really should have started this post in the members section, that why whatever would be discussed was not be available for other supporter groups to see and thus cause this line of conversation when meeting together.

nascarguy
01-30-2015, 11:08 AM
I really should have started this post in the members section, that why whatever would be discussed was not be available for other supporter groups to see and thus cause this line of conversation when meeting together.
why hide it in there

Fort York Redcoat
01-30-2015, 11:10 AM
You can find it here (http://bit.ly/1BDGlYU).

You da man!:smilielol5:

Fort York Redcoat
01-30-2015, 11:11 AM
why hide it in there

see above

Mark in Ottawa
01-31-2015, 07:19 PM
And of course there are small supporters groups who are glad to be a small part of a larger collective ... like us ...
The 75 Mile Bastards! :)

Supporting
03-18-2015, 01:47 PM
just found these guys on youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkg98ViLunI

Fort York Redcoat
03-18-2015, 02:37 PM
just found these guys on youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkg98ViLunI

circa '09

Supporting
03-18-2015, 05:43 PM
circa '09

what happened to them/were they big?

Fort York Redcoat
03-19-2015, 08:16 AM
what happened to them/were they big?

First I've heard of them and it was the same 3 guys in all the pics. So...