PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse - we lose Ibrahim

GabrielHurl
07-23-2008, 02:15 PM
He's been selected by the US U-20 team to play in the Milk Cup competition in Northern Ireland next week.

He'll be missing the RSL game on July 28th and possibly the Dallas Game on August 3rd - the final of the competition is due to be played on Friday August 1st

U.S. Under-20 MNT Roster by Position
GOALKEEPERS (2): Josh Lambo (FC Dallas), Brian Perk (UCLA)

DEFENDERS (6): Richard Balchan (Indiana University), Kyle Davies (Southampton FC), Ike Opara (Wake Forest), Zarek Valentin (Lancaster, Pa.), Anthony Wallace (FC Dallas), Sheanon Williams (North Carolina)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Daniel Cruz (UNLV), Jorge Flores (Chivas USA), Michael Green (Columbus Crew Academy), Brandon Manzonelli (New England Revolution), Amobi Okugo (Sacramento, Calif.), Brek Shea (FC Dallas)

FORWARDS (4): Vincenzo Bernardo (SSC Napoli), Abdus Ibrahim (Toronto FC), Peri Marosevic (Michigan), Casey Townsend (Maryland)

RealG-TFC
07-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Fuck Fuck Fuck!

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 02:17 PM
well now something will have to be done up front.

Broadview
Maybe sign another forward, no?

giambac
He's been selected by the US U-20 team to play in the Milk Cup competition in Northern Ireland next week.

He'll be missing the RSL game on July 28th and possibly the Dallas Game on August 3rd - the final of the competition is due to be played on Friday August 1st

FUCK MAN,

WHY CAN"T CARVER BE SELECTED TO COACH THE UNDER -GIRLS TEAM IN SCOTLAND.

That would solve all of our problems

Northern Soul
07-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Well fuck.

Smenge
07-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Getting Ibi in that trade may prove to be the best thing MO ever does for TFC. Get used to him missing games such as this one, because he is only going to get better. MLSE should be thinking about a way to keep him here for a while ($$$$).

Gobi
Fuck. Shit Fuck. Fuck shit.

LOL: "Milk Cup". :D

Pyeddo
Of course.

olegunnar
07-23-2008, 02:20 PM
but he looks 21!

Laurie79
07-23-2008, 02:22 PM
well now something will have to be done up front.

You'd think, but in Carver's world they all play every position......... maybe Edwards can start as striker next match?

Dirk Diggler
07-23-2008, 02:22 PM
So his fake birth certificate has finally come to bite us in the ass.

GabrielHurl
07-23-2008, 02:23 PM

Best Youth Football Competition in Europe

tfc_4_ever
07-23-2008, 02:26 PM
I guess Julius James up front?

nimamalek
07-23-2008, 02:26 PM
hopefully this will give James another chance up front. 5 goals off headers!

tfcleeds
07-23-2008, 02:27 PM
It's getting to the point now where maybe MO will have to lace on the boots again...man, are we ever getting thin in attack.

Dirk Diggler
07-23-2008, 02:30 PM
It's getting to the point now where maybe MO will have to lace on the boots again...man, are we ever getting thin in attack.

Mo can score more goals than Cunningham, no doubt about it. Even after letting himself go these past several years, he probably still has the better scoring touch.

Northern Soul
07-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Maybe TFC should hold open try-outs, and whoever can hit the net twice or more is our new striker.

trane
07-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Fuck. Shit Fuck. Fuck shit.

Well said. I woudl also day. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. SHIT. SHIT. SHIT. FUCK. SHIT.

a.ungaro
07-23-2008, 02:34 PM
USA does this on purpose cuz they dont want TFC to succeed... they call up our players and they dont see the pitch... waste of fukin time

Gobi
07-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Can we plead hardship with the league again and get a loaner?
(And break him... or is that just 'keepers?)

Technorgasm
07-23-2008, 05:34 PM
lol Milk Cup

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb285/Volcom_x91/Big%20Tits%20Album%205/BigTits18.jpg

RPB_TFC_FAN
07-23-2008, 05:36 PM
lol Milk Cup

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb285/Volcom_x91/Big%20Tits%20Album%205/BigTits18.jpg

God now I know why I love other Liv'pool supporters!

:taz:

zeelaw
07-23-2008, 05:37 PM
fuck sakes

The Pope
07-23-2008, 05:38 PM
do we have to let him go? This tourney can't be FIFA mandated.....?

ExiledRed
07-23-2008, 05:38 PM
the League cup has been called the milk cup before.

Do we have to release him?

BC101
07-23-2008, 05:42 PM

QFT well established tourney... Probably held in higher regard than the MLS cup LOL.

Gobi
07-23-2008, 05:51 PM

I'm not making fun of the tournament, I just think "milk cup" sounds funny. :)

TFCREDNWHITE
07-23-2008, 05:54 PM
FUCK MAN,

You're an idiot!!

TFC_Chris
07-23-2008, 06:06 PM
You'd think, but in Carver's world they all play every position......... maybe Edwards can start as striker next match?

I'm thinking if Edwards was subbed instead of Cunningham that he would have at least scored.

Corpand
07-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Hey, at least we have Lomb.......oh shit...

Blixa
07-23-2008, 06:52 PM
I don't think it's far fetched to think that Mo would score more goals than Cunningham.

Draracle
07-23-2008, 07:55 PM
not a big deal people. If he plays to many games he will cost us in the draft. He won't play more than 10 games this season.

iansmcl
07-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Couldn't we have convinced him to get a Canadian citizenship? That would've been great.

Keegan
07-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Couldn't we have convinced him to get a Canadian citizenship? That would've been great.

I don't know but I'm wondering why he wants to live in Canada and not play for Canada?

The Pope
07-24-2008, 08:40 AM
so does anyone know if we have to let him go for this?

olegunnar
07-24-2008, 08:55 AM
so does anyone know if we have to let him go for this?

Well it's not a Fifa date or tournament, so if Carver is a man of his word "no more releasing players for friendlies" then no, he won't let him go.

We'll see

olegunnar
07-24-2008, 09:18 AM
"I've got no interest in what happens outside of here," Carver said. "If it's not an international date, I don't care who it is. They're not going. This has hurt Toronto more than anyone else in the MLS."

http://thestar.blogs.com/torontofc/2008/06/carving-up-the.html

S_D
07-24-2008, 09:25 AM
"I've got no interest in what happens outside of here," Carver said. "If it's not an international date, I don't care who it is. They're not going. This has hurt Toronto more than anyone else in the MLS."

http://thestar.blogs.com/torontofc/2008/06/carving-up-the.html

I don't mind him going if we have forwards signed by then. he needs to get playing time to develop. But if we need him and he is going to get first team minutes, then I say screw the tournament.

I hope Carver keeps his word.

invictusTFC
07-24-2008, 10:13 AM
FUCK MAN,

I try to see any substance or logic you may have in your arguments, but most of the time you just come off sounding like an idiot.

Dichio is out, Smith (if you didn't fucking know) has been carrying a slight injury for a couple of weeks now, Cunny is absolutely horrid, and now the only healthy forward we have is going to be away in Int'l duty. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT CARVER'S PROBLEM?

Why don't you call out MO? Where's the forward(s) that this team so desperately needs? Whats going on with the McBride saga? This has been dragging on for weeks now. He's been selected to the Olympic team which might mean we'll lose any chance of getting something tangible for him. Why did this team have to suffer through 2 loses at the beginning of the season before Mo got some help in the midfield? Why the fuck is he so quiet now-a-days? Finally why have we only heard the names of has-beens like Hucks, Dickov, Gomes and Sukur? This team certainly doen't need to waste good money on players like these who's best days are behind them. Why in your eyes isn't Mo accountable?

Just get off your soap box and see the whole picture. Has JC been perfect? Of course not, but this isn't certainly all his burden to carry. You wanted him to play his best players and he has these last 2 games and they came out flat and uninspired. Guevara misses a pk! FFS you bury those. CUNNY! What can I say that hasn't been said. If Smith was 100% he would've jumped off the bench not Cunny. JC had no choice.

McBrace
07-24-2008, 11:03 AM
I try to see any substance or logic you may have in your arguments, but most of the time you just come off sounding like an idiot.

Dichio is out, Smith (if you didn't fucking know) has been carrying a slight injury for a couple of weeks now, Cunny is absolutely horrid, and now the only healthy forward we have is going to be away in Int'l duty. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT CARVER'S PROBLEM?

Why don't you call out MO? Where's the forward(s) that this team so desperately needs? Whats going on with the McBride saga? This has been dragging on for weeks now. He's been selected to the Olympic team which might mean we'll lose any chance of getting something tangible for him. Why did this team have to suffer through 2 loses at the beginning of the season before Mo got some help in the midfield? Why the fuck is he so quiet now-a-days? Finally why have we only heard the names of has-beens like Hucks, Dickov, Gomes and Sukur? This team certainly doen't need to waste good money on players like these who's best days are behind them. Why in your eyes isn't Mo accountable?

Just get off your soap box and see the whole picture. Has JC been perfect? Of course not, but this isn't certainly all his burden to carry. You wanted him to play his best players and he has these last 2 games and they came out flat and uninspired. Guevara misses a pk! FFS you bury those. CUNNY! What can I say that hasn't been said. If Smith was 100% he would've jumped off the bench not Cunny. JC had no choice.

No use reasoning with this guy! Arm Chair QB!

sweetlemon69
07-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Didn't carver say he's not releasing anymore players to non-fifa tourney's/gameS?

invictusTFC
07-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Didn't carver say he's not releasing anymore players to non-fifa tourney's/gameS?

I don't think he has any choice but to hold onto Ibrahim and not release him. The forward situation is bleak.

Pachuco
07-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Fucking hell. You know what that means. Cunningham is back to his old locker and back to missing open neters with the senior team. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

LucaGol
07-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Is this even a FIFA event?

If I were John Carver..I'd politely tell Ibby that he can't go to this clearly retarded tournament.

All these players are amateurs. Ibby is performing a crucial role on a professional team. Ergo...no Milk Cup or whatever the hell its called.

tlear
07-24-2008, 11:39 AM
We can play Guevara up front and use Robert in a central position

--Wynn -- Velez - Marshall- Brennan
-------Edu---Robinson-------
Rickets -- Robert -- Smith
---------Guevara-----

or we can do 4-4-2 with Guevara and James in front and Rickets Robert Edu Robinson behind them

Rickets - Edu - Robinson - Robert
---- Guevara -- James---

invictusTFC
07-24-2008, 11:45 AM
We can play Guevara up front and use Robert in a central position

--Wynn -- Velez - Marshall- Brennan
-------Edu---Robinson-------
Rickets -- Robert -- Smith
---------Guevara-----

or we can do 4-4-2 with Guevara and James in front and Rickets Robert Edu Robinson behind them

Rickets - Edu - Robinson - Robert
---- Guevara -- James---

Playing individuals out of their natural position is hardly the way to improve the team. Sounds kinda bush league.

GabrielHurl
07-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Is this even a FIFA event?

If I were John Carver..I'd politely tell Ibby that he can't go to this clearly retarded tournament.

All these players are amateurs. Ibby is performing a crucial role on a professional team. Ergo...no Milk Cup or whatever the hell its called.

what's so clearly retarded about it?

OneLoveOneEric
07-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Not a "Retarded" event at all. Reserve and academy teams from the best clubs in Europe play in the Milk Cup every year. The competition is better than anything he'll see in MLS.

BC101
07-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Not a "Retarded" event at all. Reserve and academy teams from the best clubs in Europe play in the Milk Cup every year. The competition is better than anything he'll see in MLS.

Seriously these guys are footy "supporters" and they dont' know this? TFC comes to town and everyones a expert I guess. Actually I used to respect Lucagol as someone who knew his shit... Guess iam a bad judge of character... Yikes.

GabrielHurl
07-24-2008, 11:55 AM
*shakes his head*

BC101
07-24-2008, 12:02 PM
LOL like for real... I dunno Iam upset as anyone would be that he's gone but WTF LOL this tourney is a good way to...

A. Get noticed
B. Improve your game against Future stars

With a history of players like Beckham, Rooney, Owen, Giggs, Crouch the list goes on and on and on of players who are big stars in todays game why would you WANT to skip out? TFC supporters gotta start keeping it real. Especially since this WILL help his game ultimately.

The Pope
07-24-2008, 12:04 PM
maybe not a retarded tournment but clearly not TFC related at all

why would we hurt our own team to help a u20 US team?

If we don't have to let him go (and I can't see why we would), why should we....?

BC101
07-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Why should he stay though? LOL WTF ignore his countries call LMAO yeah thats always a good choice.

OneLoveOneEric
07-24-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm pretty sure you do have to let a player go for international duty, but I could be mistaken....
and it will certainly do more for his development than poncing around here right now.

BC101
07-24-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm pretty sure you do have to let a player go for international duty, but I could be mistaken....
and it will certainly do more for his development than poncing around here right now.

If they could look past their own selfish needs for one minute they'd see that. But once again RPB's miss the bigger picture.

McBrace
07-24-2008, 12:09 PM
It may not be TFC related, but you can't blame US soccer for our lack of depth. Not allowing him to go may bite us in the ass later, they need to allow this kid to soak up every experiance he can. He's 16 and I for one would like to see him here for many years to come. The ego is a delicate thing to manage.

LucaGol
07-24-2008, 12:11 PM
This is not international duty...this a reserve club cup or what have you....based on invitation.

IT IS NOT HIGHLY REGARDED......contrary to what other descendants of british countries tell you. (just because it is annually held in Northern Ireland)

Ibby is part of the to senior squad now...not the youth team...he doesn't need to be released for this tournament.

The Pope
07-24-2008, 12:12 PM
If they could look past their own selfish needs for one minute they'd see that. But once again RPB's miss the bigger picture.

so who's going to be our starting stiker? If we had other players to play, i'd say "sure, let him go", but we don't

about the bigger picture...playoffs baby, playoffs

BC101
07-24-2008, 12:12 PM
There are PLENTY of continental teams that play in the Milk Cup Barcelona just to name one.

BC101
07-24-2008, 12:14 PM
so who's going to be our starting stiker? If we had other players to play, i'd say "sure, let him go", but we don't

LOL!:eek::eek::eek: lets be realistic... If the team can't get up to win the Nutrilife thingy a mobob... Their definitely not interested in playoffs LOL.

Boris
07-24-2008, 12:14 PM

ok..lets keep him here and have him not develop further. The bigger picture is having a quality striker in a few years.

LucaGol
07-24-2008, 12:15 PM
There are PLENTY of continental teams that play in the Milk Cup Barcelona just to name one.

Believe me....reserve teams are not clamouring to play in this event.

There are plenty of events similar and parallel to the Milk Cup.

The Milk Cup only holds a large significance to British teams.

Sure it has a decent profile and bigger reserve teams may get invited...but it is not a HUGE event like some are making it out to be.

OneLoveOneEric
07-24-2008, 12:15 PM
This is not international duty...this a reserve club cup or what have you....based on invitation.

IT IS NOT HIGHLY REGARDED......contrary to what other descendants of british countries tell you. (just because it is annually held in Northern Ireland)

Ibby is part of the to senior squad now...not the youth team...he doesn't need to be released for this tournament.

Are you sure?
My understanding was that there were 2 wings of this tournament -- one with club teams, and a 2nd with international sides. If this is a USA U20 event, is it not international duty? Not arguing, I'm just not sure.....

LucaGol
07-24-2008, 12:18 PM
The Milk Cup is on the FIFA calendar I believe...but if its designated as a reserve club championship...Im not so sure senior squad members are required to go.

Milk Cup pffft.....Torneo di Viareggio...that's a real youth tournament with significance.

Look it up BritChat...you might learn something.

The Pope
07-24-2008, 12:19 PM
i'm not sure how a week away from his main squad will help him in the long run considering he's already playing first team minutes...but whatever

BC101
Believe me....reserve teams are not clamouring to play in this event.

There are plenty of events similar and parallel to the Milk Cup.

The Milk Cup only holds a large significance to British teams.

Sure it has a decent profile and bigger reserve teams may get invited...but it is not a HUGE event like some are making it out to be.
Huge enough to lure away Ibby thats what counts... And he'll be a better player for going.. Just cos we don't have any depth... Dont' go blaming the tourney the US or Ibby... Besides that he's 16 why the hell should a team depend on him these boys should be able to win on their own if they can't then WTF we have MUCH larger problems.

Boris
The Milk Cup is on the FIFA calendar I believe...but if its designated as a reserve club championship...Im not so sure senior squad members are required to go.

Milk Cup pffft.....Torneo di Viareggio...that's a real youth tournament with significance.

Look it up BritChat...you might learn something.

hey..dont be calling people out like that...

OneLoveOneEric
07-24-2008, 12:20 PM
i'm not sure how a week away from his main squad will help him in the long run considering he's already playing first team minutes...but whatever

^^^^I don't want him picking up habits from our players );

BC101
07-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Uh because he'll be playing against Higher caliber opponents LOL than those POWERHOUSE Montreal Impact. Oh wait yer right why play against rising stars of Premiership and such when you can play Braz...

GabrielHurl
Are you sure?
My understanding was that there were 2 wings of this tournament -- one with club teams, and a 2nd with international sides. If this is a USA U20 event, is it not international duty? Not arguing, I'm just not sure.....

There's an Elite Section with the U- 20 national teams of Wales, Belgium, Northern Ireland, Chile, Israel and the US.

Oh yeah - the same Chile team who came 3rd in the U-20 World Cup last season

The Pope
^^^^I don't want him picking up habits from our players );

this I can understand lol

jayeden
07-24-2008, 12:56 PM
lol, funny cuase I'm pretty sure Ibby is over 20 years old..

Yozzarian
07-24-2008, 12:59 PM

It has happened before:

http://thestar.blogs.com/torontofc/2008/03/index.html

BC101
07-24-2008, 12:59 PM
lol, funny cuase I'm pretty sure Ibby is over 20 years old..
Birthdate: August 15, 1991

reggie
07-24-2008, 01:02 PM
maybe mo can go and scout some of the playgrounds,i'm sure he can find a 12 or 14 yr old that can put one in from a yard out...

werewolf
07-24-2008, 01:03 PM
It has happened before:

http://thestar.blogs.com/torontofc/2008/03/index.html

He made safe passes and played solid defense, and though didn't play well enough to make Mo Johnston forget the team still needs an impact forward, he accomplished at least as much as the guy he replaced.

Some things never change...

tlear
07-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Well not even considering that this tournament would help with his development..

You would piss him off pretty bad if you don't let him go, not letting a teenager go play for a youth team is just something that will bite you back in the ass. People hold grudges like that and when time comes to sign the contract those things come back up. He was traded to be developed not to fill a starting spot for a striker.

Mo needs to get anyone up here.. by anyone I mean any striker from a semi-decent league that scored more then 1 in 4 games last season. Soon we will be playing with defenders and midfielders in the striker position..

The Pope
07-24-2008, 01:35 PM
just better hope he doesn't hurt himself while over there