PDA

View Full Version : road trips

firm
01-24-2015, 09:50 AM
don't see anything for road trips, at this time I'm looking at Chicago in april anybody have info on a good place to stay and cheap drinks
walking distance to toyoto park thanks

TFCwestcan
01-24-2015, 10:21 AM
Umm, unfortunately Toyota Park is out in the boonies, take the L to the end of the line, take a bus to the stadium. Best to eat/drink/stay and the city, Chicago is a wonderful city. The stadium is actually quite nice, there's the standard issue expensive swill they call beer but this is a universal plight at most stadia.

Joe Kool
01-24-2015, 10:43 AM
I went to Chciago away last year. Nothing in the immediate area. I stayed in the Courtyard Marriott Magnificent Mile and it was great. Walking distance to everything. Lots of things going on downtown. Beautiful city. Definitely worth staying downtown and not near Toyota Park although there is a decent cluster of hotels near the Midway airport if looking for a cheaper decent hotel that is closer to the stadium.

Fort York Redcoat
01-24-2015, 03:14 PM
There will be RPB going to Vancouver and Columbus. Once we have sections and numbers we'll gladly share them.

parma
01-24-2015, 03:23 PM
Yeah, Toyota park in the middle of nowhere, at the end of the Orange line, there is a shuttle to the game. Kind of reminds me of taking the bus to your resort when you travel down south...a bit disorganized..I think it is a private bus not run by Chicago transit...Red Bull stadium easy to get to...

anyone thinking of New England on Victoria Day Weekend?

Redcoe15
01-24-2015, 06:20 PM
don't see anything for road trips, at this time I'm looking at Chicago in april anybody have info on a good place to stay and cheap drinks
walking distance to toyoto park thanks

Chicago is great! Went there back in September to see the Reds tie the Fire (or more specifically, see the Reds get points denied them by a STUPID REFEREE IN OVERTIME!!! :mad5:).

But that's beside the point.

You should be able to find some reasonable downtown hotel rates for that time of year. Porter flies directly to Midway, so keep you eyes out for some sweet deals at their website.

The best thing about Chicago is the food they serve. They have so many dishes that could be considered their signature item:

Chicago Deep Dish Pizza (Giordano's is, far and away, the best, with locations around Chicagoland)
http://giordanos.com/

Chicago Style Hot Dogs (The Weiner's Circle on a late night weekend is where you should go for their - ahem - colorful staff!)
http://www.wienercircle.net/

Chicago Italian Beef sandwiches - wet and juicy and oh so good.

Maxwell Street Polish Sausage on a bun with grilled onions and a couple of pepper spears - oh those are delish! :yum:

But one of the best things I remember about Chicago was Garrett's Popcorn. The hotel I stayed at was across the street from one of their stores. I popped in to sample their cheesy corn, and it was THE MOST DELICIOUS FLAVOURED POPCORN I'VE EVER HAD! I made a couple of stops just for their cheesy corn. When I got home. I sent packages out to my brother and sister, and they both loved it.
http://www.garrettpopcorn.com/

Hope this helps ya! :smile:

TorontoGooner
01-24-2015, 06:44 PM
Doing Orlando away and NYCFC in July as well. Anyone else thinking about it? Also looking at flights down to Columbus if I can

Fort York Redcoat
01-25-2015, 11:23 AM
Doing Orlando away and NYCFC in July as well. Anyone else thinking about it? Also looking at flights down to Columbus if I can

There are a few people talking about NY and a couple for Orlando. I'm sure we'll see more interest closer to the season.

Huyton
01-25-2015, 01:28 PM
How about Montreal for the final game of the season?

The game is at 5pm on Sunday, October 25th. In fact, all the eastern games start at the same time and all the Western games start 2 hours later (Well done, MLS.). This means it will be well after midnight before I get back.

Fort York Redcoat
01-26-2015, 08:29 AM
How about Montreal for the final game of the season?

The game is at 5pm on Sunday, October 25th. In fact, all the eastern games start at the same time and all the Western games start 2 hours later (Well done, MLS.). This means it will be well after midnight before I get back.

I don't mention Montreal because it's a given. By then there will be one of 2 extremes happening:

Everybody that's not going because the team isn't making playoffs
Everybody and their friends are going because we are making the playoffs for the first time and can celebrate in Montreal.

So yeah, there will be people going.

TorontoGooner
01-26-2015, 11:38 AM
I don't mention Montreal because it's a given. By then there will be one of 2 extremes happening:

Everybody and there friends are going because we are making the playoffs for the first time and can celebrate in Montreal.

Here's hoping its the latter! Don't think I'll ever have been that drunk!

ryan
01-26-2015, 11:55 AM

99% sure I'll be in Orlando for the April match, keep in touch about it!

Red4ever
01-26-2015, 12:48 PM

Pretty sure the jays are in Tampa that weekend too.

Derko
01-26-2015, 01:04 PM
Yeah, Toyota park in the middle of nowhere, at the end of the Orange line, there is a shuttle to the game. Kind of reminds me of taking the bus to your resort when you travel down south...a bit disorganized..I think it is a private bus not run by Chicago transit...Red Bull stadium easy to get to...

anyone thinking of New England on Victoria Day Weekend?

We are considering this!!

james
01-26-2015, 04:09 PM

New England I would have to skip out on. A lot of there games are covered in NFL gridiron lines, the stadium is over sized as well and looks awful sometimes on TV, unless they get a new stadium built one day I just can't see myself paying money into going to a game at Patriots stadium.

james
01-26-2015, 04:11 PM

Everybody and their friends are going because we are making the playoffs for the first time and can celebrate in Montreal.

well you could also have very few people going to Montreal because everyone is saving there money to go to the first away playoff game the following week (maybe even playing against Montreal? lol). Or everybody goes because the last game of the season could make it or break it for TFC making the playoffs. Who knows.

TorontoGooner
01-27-2015, 07:01 PM

If its as much fun as that train trip up to Montreal last year for the cup, I'll look forward to it!

MartinUtd
01-27-2015, 07:52 PM
New England I would have to skip out on. A lot of there games are covered in NFL gridiron lines, the stadium is over sized as well and looks awful sometimes on TV, unless they get a new stadium built one day I just can't see myself paying money into going to a game at Patriots stadium.

There shouldn't be any gridiron lines in the spring so that's a plus. Also, this might sound a bit silly but I haven't had the experience of an MLS game in an empty NFL stadium. I imagine there's a certain surrealness to it.

james
01-28-2015, 03:11 AM
There shouldn't be any gridiron lines in the spring so that's a plus. Also, this might sound a bit silly but I haven't had the experience of an MLS game in an empty NFL stadium. I imagine there's a certain surrealness to it.

maybe its just me, I just don't like New England playing at Patriots stadium and I would love to see them actually move to a Soccer stadium or at the very least start showing interest in maybe building there own stadium ( I have never herd of New England owners ever talk about such a move) , for that reason I just won't support a team playing in that stadium ( I mean I don't support New England Id be there for TFC, but still New England get the ticket sales if you cheering for TFC or New England). Id only do it if maybe it was a crucial playoff game or something, otherwise I will avoid any away games there.

Fort York Redcoat
01-28-2015, 09:37 AM

Surreal? More like a "cheated" feel. I've watched NE, old NY and even Commonwealth and each time it's annoying. Better than nothing and I appreciate the locals who try to make it work but so glad we have BMO...for now.

Marauder01
01-30-2015, 11:21 AM
Stumpled upon this and am considering it, is this how everyone else is getting down to Columbus or is there something else being organized?

http://thesupporterssection.com/event/toronto-fc-v-columbus-crew/

Pint
01-30-2015, 11:22 AM
Stumpled upon this and am considering it, is this how everyone else is getting down to Columbus or is there something else being organized?

http://thesupporterssection.com/event/toronto-fc-v-columbus-crew/

I booked through them this week.

Fort York Redcoat
01-30-2015, 12:10 PM

Supporting fellow V's! Nice one!

Boschmeister
01-30-2015, 12:21 PM
I think I am doing Orlando as the Jays are in Tampa. Tickets to the ball game are 25 bucks.

KGH
01-30-2015, 12:53 PM

Me +3 as well.

Relja
01-30-2015, 01:09 PM
Im still thinking about spending the friday night in columbus as well. Anyone know of any reasonable hotels?

TFC07
01-30-2015, 01:52 PM
I am really consider going to Columbus (depending on work schedule), but I probably go to Montreal (but I am turned off the fact it's a Sunday game which is brutal and weird as a Canadian sports fan to go sporting event on Sunday).

michaeltfc91
01-30-2015, 02:14 PM
What section(s) are we sitting in at Crew Stadium? Me and 3 buddies are driving down for the game I want to make sure we are sitting with the Red Patch Boys when we smash the Crew!

Red4ever
01-30-2015, 02:39 PM
What section(s) are we sitting in at Crew Stadium? Me and 3 buddies are driving down for the game I want to make sure we are sitting with the Red Patch Boys when we smash the Crew!

They usually tell us, but it's always been the south stand above the net. Make sure you indicate you are away supporters and they'll put you in the right place.

james
01-30-2015, 04:19 PM
Surreal? More like a "cheated" feel. I've watched NE, old NY and even Commonwealth and each time it's annoying. Better than nothing and I appreciate the locals who try to make it work but so glad we have BMO...for now.

ya I think that's how it feels seeing New England playing at Patriots stadium. It just feels like they are 2nd tenant and you are just there to use the stadium for something when no Patriots game is going on. It just doesn't look like they take the team or MLS serious.

michaeltfc91
02-03-2015, 04:35 PM
To ensure you are sitting with TFC supporters, click link below... this is an email I got from a Columbus ticket rep

Mike –

Sorry for the delay. Below is the link and promo code to use for the tickets in the away section for Opening match on 3/14. I will continue to monitor the sales and open up sections as needed. Also, I will set up a time as we get a little closer to get a conference call arranged with TFC FO, our office, MLS and the supporters clubs leaders.

Please distribute this to all your members.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/go.htmI?l=EN&t=crew&o=4298851&g=2293
Code: tfcsupp

Red CB Toronto
02-03-2015, 04:39 PM
To ensure you are sitting with TFC supporters, click link below... this is an email I got from a Columbus ticket rep

Mike –

Sorry for the delay. Below is the link and promo code to use for the tickets in the away section for Opening match on 3/14. I will continue to monitor the sales and open up sections as needed. Also, I will set up a time as we get a little closer to get a conference call arranged with TFC FO, our office, MLS and the supporters clubs leaders.

Thats good to see that code is out and getting spread around.

Fort York Redcoat
02-03-2015, 04:53 PM

Mike –

Thanks michael :thumbsup:

Red CB Toronto
02-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Lets also get people on the road on March 28 for TFC 2 at FC Montreal at the Big O.

KGH
02-13-2015, 09:01 AM

Mike –

So how many are going to Columbus? I'm going with 3 others.

Detroit_TFC
02-13-2015, 09:19 AM
Ticket bought for the CLB game. Wouldn't mind going back to that bar we went to last time, in the stadium district, as long as they know we're coming.

Pint
02-15-2015, 01:01 PM
well just booked 2 rooms at the new relax inn in brigeview Illinois april 3 to the 5 contacted Chicago about away supporters sec emailed me back asked me if I was a member of a supporters group is he saying to me I would get better deal on tics I don't want to lie to the guy ? anybody stayed arnd this area, any info on pubs
Booked my flights yesterday and will be contacting them about tickets Tuesday. I'll let you know what we get told for tickets as we will be contacting them from the kings email account.

Red CB Toronto
02-15-2015, 01:10 PM
If anyone is staying downtown around the Mile is Chicago the Fire usually offer shuttles from a few bars and include beer on them, you can buy special tickets for it that include the game and some beers.

Fort York Redcoat
02-15-2015, 02:37 PM
If anyone is staying downtown around the Mile is Chicago the Fire usually offer shuttles from a few bars and include beer on them, you can buy special tickets for it that include the game and some beers.

Which bars? The Mile is more than a couple blocks. I was there last year and was surprised I had to pay an extra fee to get to the stadium from the Midway L-train stop. It was $2.50 I believe. Service can change season to season and it pays to research.

Yohan
02-15-2015, 02:55 PM
Toyota Park is really annoying to get to. I'd get a hotel in downtown, and carpool with a DD if you can. Or else you'd have to give yourself plenty of time to use the public transit.

Or just tailgate at Toyota Park for pre drinking.

Red CB Toronto
02-15-2015, 03:46 PM
Which bars? The Mile is more than a couple blocks. I was there last year and was surprised I had to pay an extra fee to get to the stadium from the Midway L-train stop. It was $2.50 I believe. Service can change season to season and it pays to research.

Here is the info. Works pretty well.

http://www.chicago-fire.com/matchday/pubtopitch

Wagner
02-15-2015, 04:27 PM
has anyone utilized this Pub Buses?
are they welcoming to out of town supporters?

Redcoe15
02-15-2015, 04:44 PM
Fuck man! Where was this when I went to Chicago last September? I might have spent my last night staying downtown if I had known.

Red CB Toronto
02-15-2015, 04:54 PM
has anyone utilized this Pub Buses?
are they welcoming to out of town supporters?

They are fine with out of towners, Miller was sponsoring a times last year, when my brother and I thought about heading to the Windy City we looked into it and it included a ticket for the Miller Deck at the stadium.

Fort York Redcoat
02-15-2015, 05:22 PM
Here is the info. Works pretty well.

http://www.chicago-fire.com/matchday/pubtopitch

This is very helpful. Thanks.

FootieChick
02-20-2015, 04:44 PM
I'm looking into New England myself.... if this gets organized please keep me posted! I'm now in Montreal so I'm always out of the loop :(

TFCallforone
02-21-2015, 11:59 AM
I as well am trying to organize a trip down to Chicago for the april 4th weekend. We will be driving down. Will anyone else be going to this away game? have you purchased tickets?

Pint
02-21-2015, 01:01 PM
I as well am trying to organize a trip down to Chicago for the april 4th weekend. We will be driving down. Will anyone else be going to this away game? have you purchased tickets?

Yes i'm already booked and I hve talked with ticketing from the fire. We have a link but they need to fix it as they are having issues with having a postal code in the billing field. Hope to hear back early next week and i will pass along.

razor787
02-21-2015, 05:04 PM
I am hoping to go to Columbus. I've picked that as my sth experience, but since I just got my seats last year I don't know if I will get it or not.

Is there anyone driving down that would be able to give myself, and possibly 1 other a lift to/from in exchange for gas money , if we don't get the trip from MLSE?

firm
02-25-2015, 03:57 PM
<dberchem@chicago-fire.com (http://javascript<strong></strong>:main.compose('new', 't=dberchem@chicago-fire.com'))> wrote:

As of right now, the back 6 rows of Section 134 is reserved for our visiting supporters so I can put you in the front of that area. If Toronto ends up getting more supporters than fit in that area, I will be opening up closer rows starting from the back. For the four tickets, the cost will be $85 total. $20 each ticket and $5 for processing and shipping. I just need the following information to process your order and mail the tickets out this week.------ and got the hotel booked new relax inn in bridgeview Illinois, I guess it's not the greatest area but it's staggering distance from the game

I guess we should seperate threads for a away games

Primavera
02-27-2015, 09:04 AM
I am hoping to go to Columbus. I've picked that as my sth experience, but since I just got my seats last year I don't know if I will get it or not.

Is there anyone driving down that would be able to give myself, and possibly 1 other a lift to/from in exchange for gas money , if we don't get the trip from MLSE?

The message said that for the SSH Experience that people will be prioritize by renewal date so I assume that if you renewed early enough that you would be in good shape regardless of your inception date.

Good luck. (MLSE did a really good job with the Raptors bus trip so hopefully the TFC trip will be at least at that same level.)

Mark in Ottawa
02-27-2015, 10:08 AM
Of course if you end up with some weekend with no live footy game you can always take a look at the Ottawa Fury NASL schedule.
http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/schedule

Lansdowne Park is certainly a different experience tham BMO field but is within driving distance, or short flight if you choose.
I am sure that Weideman and Richter would enjoy it as would the Bytown Boys Supporters Club.

If you end up coming to Ottawa when San Antonio is visiting you can see Attakora and possibly Adrian Cann as well

firm
03-19-2015, 08:27 PM
well got my tics and room booked in bridgeview see you april 4th

Xcalibur815
03-19-2015, 08:43 PM
thinking of going down to chi-town too...roll call?

Blizzard
03-19-2015, 11:07 PM
If anybody is interested, U-Sector with the Supporter's Section is putting together a trip to Philly for the May 2nd game.

http://thesupporterssection.com/event/toronto-fc-v-philadelphia-union/

I hope nobody minds me posting this here.

cheers
B

MarkInVictoria
03-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Thinking of Chicago as well. Also, looking at a TFC/Canada double in Los Angeles, July 4th and 8th.

gmacpheetfc
03-20-2015, 01:25 PM
Thinking of Chicago as well. Also, looking at a TFC/Canada double in Los Angeles, July 4th and 8th.

I'm in for chicago staying at this hostel

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/IHSP-Chicago-Hostel-at-Damen-CTA/Chicago/57277?dateFrom=2015-04-03&dateTo=2015-04-05&sc_sau=avdc&sc_pos=3

Auzzy
03-20-2015, 03:59 PM
maybe its just me, I just don't like New England playing at Patriots stadium and I would love to see them actually move to a Soccer stadium or at the very least start showing interest in maybe building there own stadium ( I have never herd of New England owners ever talk about such a move) , for that reason I just won't support a team playing in that stadium ( I mean I don't support New England Id be there for TFC, but still New England get the ticket sales if you cheering for TFC or New England). Id only do it if maybe it was a crucial playoff game or something, otherwise I will avoid any away games there.

There's actually been quite a bit of "talk" about getting a soccer-specific stadium built closer to downtown Boston. But mostly it's just that, "talk."

There have been a couple of generations of plans & rumours. For example, around 2013 there was a talk of a soccer stadium in Revere just north of Boston, well connected via the T, in the area of the former Wonderland dog racing track -- possibly in conjunction with a casino. But I think that whole idea died again.

Then in 2014 there were more hints and rumours: http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2014/11/18/krafts-exploring-soccer-stadium-boston/s7p5krvDeH1J7UgjlEIFtM/story.html

Could happen, but considering the many previous ideas, I wouldn't hold my breath.

jazzy
03-20-2015, 04:44 PM

Surely you can't expect a billionaire who has a special relationship with the NFL, and makes tons of cash........... To even care about his part time cohabitants. When Bradey takes an interest in soccer, then maybe they'll take notice. It's so hypocrital of MLS to allow this shit. Same goes for all the turf oversize stadiums....... Talking to you NYCFC!

firm
03-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Hello,
Thank you all for purchasing tickets in our visiting supporter Section for the Chicago Fire vs. TFC game on April 4th. From what I can tell, everyone seems to have different plans on where they are staying and how they are getting out to the game. I wanted to reach out because Dave and Dylan from the TFC supporter group, Kings in the North, are hoping to plan a bus from a central location downtown if they can get enough Toronto FC fans to join them. Downtown is the best place to stay when visiting Chicago but it is not easy to get out to Toyota Park from downtown, especially without a car.

The bar that the bus would pick up and drop off from is called Trophy Room and it is located right downtown, just north of the River at 170 W Ontario St. They are a nice sports bar with great food and happy to host for a group before or after the game. Please reach out to Dave at the copied email address (kingsinthenorth127@gmail.com (javascript:main.compose('new', 't=kingsinthenorth127@gmail.com'))) if you would like to be included on the bus from Trophy room or if you just want to meet up with some other TFC supporters at Trophy Room even if you already have a ride to the match.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
David Berchem
(708) 496-6775

Pint
03-20-2015, 10:57 PM
Hello,
Thank you all for purchasing tickets in our visiting supporter Section for the Chicago Fire vs. TFC game on April 4th. From what I can tell, everyone seems to have different plans on where they are staying and how they are getting out to the game. I wanted to reach out because Dave and Dylan from the TFC supporter group, Kings in the North, are hoping to plan a bus from a central location downtown if they can get enough Toronto FC fans to join them. Downtown is the best place to stay when visiting Chicago but it is not easy to get out to Toyota Park from downtown, especially without a car.

The bar that the bus would pick up and drop off from is called Trophy Room and it is located right downtown, just north of the River at 170 W Ontario St. They are a nice sports bar with great food and happy to host for a group before or after the game. Please reach out to Dave at the copied email address (kingsinthenorth127@gmail.com (http://javascript<strong></strong>:main.compose('new', 't=kingsinthenorth127@gmail.com'))) if you would like to be included on the bus from Trophy room or if you just want to meet up with some other TFC supporters at Trophy Room even if you already have a ride to the match.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
David Berchem
(708) 496-6775

Just a heads up i'm the dave from Kings they are referring to. if you have any questions feel free to reach out

TorontoGooner
03-21-2015, 05:09 PM
Just a heads up i'm the dave from Kings they are referring to. if you have any questions feel free to reach out

Just managed to get the time off. Will be three of us going and probably looking to take that bus from Trophy Room, if its still a go?

Pint
03-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Just managed to get the time off. Will be three of us going and probably looking to take that bus from Trophy Room, if its still a go?

Sounds like we will have the numbers to take a bus of some sort (like 24 seater)... just waiting to hear from bus company about payment terms.

OgtheDim
03-21-2015, 07:47 PM
Anybody planning to go to Orlando may want to ask them about this tweet from a Southsider down there tonight.
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000192614738/ca6626f1af487d337ddbda9e92d1adf4_normal.jpeg Don McArthur @DGMcArthur (https://twitter.com/DGMcArthur) · 16m 16 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/DGMcArthur/status/579439857740574721)
.@OrlandoCity (https://twitter.com/orlandocity) security needs to do a better job of controlling hostile supporters beside the away section. They just assaulted us. #OCSC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/OCSC?src=hash)

TorontoGooner
03-22-2015, 06:24 AM
Anybody planning to go to Orlando may want to ask them about this tweet from a Southsider down there tonight.
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000192614738/ca6626f1af487d337ddbda9e92d1adf4_normal.jpeg Don McArthur @DGMcArthur (https://twitter.com/DGMcArthur) · 16m 16 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/DGMcArthur/status/579439857740574721)
.@OrlandoCity (https://twitter.com/orlandocity) security needs to do a better job of controlling hostile supporters beside the away section. They just assaulted us. #OCSC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/OCSC?src=hash)

I'm heading down there for our game and sitting in that section. Sounds like a drunk Orlando guy getting too involved. Pretty sure they'll throw extra security on now.

OgtheDim
03-22-2015, 07:50 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAq-o-0UgAAIibU.jpg

No escort. No security maintenance.

The response from OCSC has been to say they have no reports of any assaults.

jazzy
03-22-2015, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=OgtheDim;1728410]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAq-o-0UgAAIibU.jpg

No escort. No security maintenance.

Someone has to get MLS involved, they're so quick to condemn other groups, now in their eagerness to bring in new franchises, they are letting them off easy on organizing and protecting travelling groups. It's called we don't want to pay any extra $$. I can only imagine if our group was involved in this nonsense......... Typical MLS reactionary vision instead of prevention. Case in point, Columbus generally speaking, was ready for us, and protective, while everyone I met was very welcoming and asking us to return. (they like how much $$ they make off us) it's all about the tipping! :)....... This cancels my idea of going to Orlando...... For now.

PS : we apparently had a few assholes in the stands as well. Wrong as well!

TorontoGooner
03-22-2015, 02:24 PM
Sounds like we will have the numbers to take a bus of some sort (like 24 seater)... just waiting to hear from bus company about payment terms.

Great work mate, by the way. Should the bus thing not happen, the Fire do a 'Pub to Pitch' shuttle bus for $15. Think someone may have already posted about that on here

Frings22
03-22-2015, 02:54 PM
Anyone know of any busses being organized to take supporters from Toronto-Chicago? Looking to make the Chicago game my first TFC road trip and flights are a bit too expensive.

Red CB Toronto
03-22-2015, 03:04 PM
Anyone know of any busses being organized to take supporters from Toronto-Chicago? Looking to make the Chicago game my first TFC road trip and flights are a bit too expensive.

no trips planned, look into a bus, would be a cheaper option.

Frings22
03-22-2015, 03:35 PM
Looked into Greyhound but the times of the busses don't work for me. I know it's a long shot but if anyone on these forums is driving down and leaving Friday/Saturday morning and returning sometime Sunday and wouldn't mind taking an extra passenger let me know! I'll be happy to pay more than my fair share of gas money.

gmacpheetfc
03-23-2015, 02:59 PM
30 tickets sold for Chicago was hoping there would be more...

ryan
03-23-2015, 03:07 PM
I'm heading down there for our game and sitting in that section. Sounds like a drunk Orlando guy getting too involved. Pretty sure they'll throw extra security on now.

What sec are you in?

TorontoGooner
03-23-2015, 03:48 PM
What sec are you in?

103 mate. May get the Jeff Goldblum chant going

TorontoGooner
03-23-2015, 03:51 PM
30 tickets sold for Chicago was hoping there would be more...

An extra 3 today. Not a terrible turnout for an 8 hour drive

denMAR
03-23-2015, 04:44 PM
Debating driving down with a friend, just hammering out some details.

Is the Trophy Room the bar most TFC supporters go to before and after the match? Trying to make my hotel location fairly close to where we're drinking after the match.

Joe Kool
03-23-2015, 04:50 PM

Easter weekend so that is a good number. I went last year and might have gone again if it wasn't for it being on Easter weekend. Chicago fans we met were cool and laid back. Not like some other places I went.

TorontoGooner
03-23-2015, 05:06 PM
Debating driving down with a friend, just hammering out some details.

Is the Trophy Room the bar most TFC supporters go to before and after the match? Trying to make my hotel location fairly close to where we're drinking after the match.

Pretty close to my and 2 mates are staying. Great location around the Trophy Room. Very central and certainly a good spot for one or two (or three, or eight) beers before/after the game

ryan
03-24-2015, 08:25 AM

Awesome. I'm in row 15-ish? I'd have to check.

MUST GO FASTER! MUST GO FASTER! HEY! HEY!

Red CB Toronto
03-24-2015, 08:44 AM
Thinking about Philly in early May too.

TorontoGooner
03-24-2015, 10:40 AM
Awesome. I'm in row 15-ish? I'd have to check.

MUST GO FASTER! MUST GO FASTER! HEY! HEY!

Ace. My Dad is flying over from England so that's an extra person as well. Beeeeerrrrrrssssssssss

ryan
03-24-2015, 10:57 AM
Ace. My Dad is flying over from England so that's an extra person as well. Beeeeerrrrrrssssssssss

I'm bringing the g/f, who's originally from Coventry. She also likes beeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssss, so it'll be good time!

Sonny Cheeba
03-24-2015, 03:03 PM

I'll be down there... hoping to watch Liverpool v Arsenal beforehand, and hopefully the Trophy Room has it on.

Thanks Dave for organizing the bus (John Mc here).

TorontoGooner
03-24-2015, 03:34 PM
I'll be down there... hoping to watch Liverpool v Arsenal beforehand, and hopefully the Trophy Room has it on.

Thanks Dave for organizing the bus (John Mc here).

Will see you there for the Liverpool v Arsenal game!

Good that there was so much interest for the bus. I was too late but me and my buddies will drink with you guys then head down on the public transit, or take a cab. Can't wait!

MarkInVictoria
03-25-2015, 09:16 PM
Chicago is a no-go for me. But I just booked flights for LA in July. Gonna do the TFC/Canada double.

Joe Kool
03-25-2015, 09:43 PM
Booked a room in Boston now for August 1st game. Contacted the NE office to find out about away supporter seats. Hopefully all works out and I can make it. Did NY and Chicago so far. Will be my first time in NE. Let me know if anyone has any advice.

firm
03-26-2015, 08:13 AM
chicago -- I guess we will be tailgateing in visiters supporters parking LOT S2 NEXT SAT see you there

Pint
03-26-2015, 10:02 AM
chicago -- I guess we will be tailgateing in visiters supporters parking LOT S2 NEXT SAT see you there

Good chunk of us are doing pre game at trophy room downtown and then have chartered a bus to the game. Belive 45 tickets are sold as of now and 27+ will be downtown before the game

zamperina
03-26-2015, 11:22 AM

Both my son and I are TFC fans and wanted to check out the Orlando/Vancouver game. Asked the staff about free wifi and nobody had a clue. Not surprised about people getting assaulted as I found some fans to be very belligerent. Other observations were that the crowd heavily influenced the refs decisions, ie Whitecaps got 4 yellows in the 1st half while Orlando could do no wrong (they should have had at least 2 yellows) so good luck to TFC getting any calls. The concession lines at HT were long and didn't move so we ended up waiting in line and gave up because we didn't want to miss the start of the 2nd half. After the game ended we were hard pressed to find a cab as not many were around. They are playing out of the Citrus Bowl (65k) this year and will be moving to a new stadium (20k) next season.

If anyone wants to go and see TFC in Orlando good luck to you. No chance I will be going.

Breakwood
03-28-2015, 11:03 AM
Hi guys,

I posted this in the Red Patch Boys forum, but I figure I will post here as well.

My name's Patrick from U-Sector (my seats are in 113 right next to 112). I'm going to be going to Dallas for the match in April with about 2 others. If anyone else is planning to be at the game, perhaps we can get group deal on tickets. I understand the distance restricts any large number of support but if people are in town on holiday or business and want to go to the game maybe we can get something set up with FC Dallas?

cheers,
Patrick

Shway
03-28-2015, 11:10 AM
Both my son and I are TFC fans and wanted to check out the Orlando/Vancouver game. Asked the staff about free wifi and nobody had a clue. Not surprised about people getting assaulted as I found some fans to be very belligerent. Other observations were that the crowd heavily influenced the refs decisions, ie Whitecaps got 4 yellows in the 1st half while Orlando could do no wrong (they should have had at least 2 yellows) so good luck to TFC getting any calls. The concession lines at HT were long and didn't move so we ended up waiting in line and gave up because we didn't want to miss the start of the 2nd half. After the game ended we were hard pressed to find a cab as not many were around. They are playing out of the Citrus Bowl (65k) this year and will be moving to a new stadium (20k) next season.

If anyone wants to go and see TFC in Orlando good luck to you. No chance I will be going.

Out of curiosity, how come you didn't wait till April 26th to go....I'm sure the experience wouldve been better as a TFC fan no?

zamperina
03-28-2015, 09:45 PM
Out of curiosity, how come you didn't wait till April 26th to go....I'm sure the experience wouldve been better as a TFC fan no?

I went to the game as we were Down in Orlando for March Break. My son really wanted to go so I obliged :)

jayeden
03-31-2015, 07:56 PM

TO TORONTOGOONER AND RYAN:

me and my buddy are about to grab tickets- I'm sure all will be fine but reading some nice stuff about ocfc lack of regard for away support - would like to be with some others if possible - saw you guys were section 103 - have exact seat locations? anyone interested in meeting up beforehand for beers and to walk in?

james
03-31-2015, 10:21 PM

wifi? your at a game, who cares.

fans being belligerent fans? really you never seen any at TFC games? not even a comparison to going to some football clubs in Europe, belligerent is the least you could hope for, some Italy football clubs Ultras are pretty bad themselves, much worse then anything in MLS, while Juventus may not have the worst reputation of Ultras hooligans in Italy but i'm sure Juventus Ultras are no walk in the park either.

BMO field line ups for beer,food and washrooms have been bad at times over the years. And tho I don't take a cab from BMO field, with the crowds trying to get out on the GO train and traffic being blocked its slow moving and bottle neck at Exhibition Station which will only get worse as capacity rises to 30k, and then mention construction on the QEW or other subways and buses, exc BMO field wasn't and isn't always easy to get to. Really a lot of this just sounds normal to me, doesn't sound bad at all, typical stuff.

Orlando's new stadium looks sick tho, jealous of it, can't wait until it is built!

Frings22
04-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Transportation and Hotel sorted for the Chicago game, how would I go about getting a ticket to stand with the other TFC fans? Should I go through ticketmaster or is there someone in specific I should email?

Red CB Toronto
04-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Transportation and Hotel sorted for the Chicago game, how would I go about getting a ticket to stand with the other TFC fans? Should I go through ticketmaster or is there someone in specific I should email?

Call the Fire directly and ask for a ticket in the away support section, they should be able to get you sorted out.

molenshtain
04-01-2015, 09:29 AM

speaking from experience, it doesn't matter that much where you're ticket is actually for. At Toyota the security is pretty lax and it should be pretty easy to just go stand with everyone.

Pint
04-01-2015, 10:06 AM

He is handling away ticketing. Still plenty of space available.

Frings22
04-01-2015, 11:01 AM

He is handling away ticketing. Still plenty of space available.
Thanks guys, emailed him, hopefully I get a response today! Can't wait for this game, it's going to be my first away tfc roadtrip, looking forward to meeting you guys!

Detroit_TFC
04-01-2015, 11:51 AM
I'm going, will get a ticket at the stadium. Weather looks like it may cooperate; might be a few more than the sparse crowds they've had so far this season but nothing close to a sell out.

TorontoGooner
04-01-2015, 02:22 PM

me and my buddy are about to grab tickets- I'm sure all will be fine but reading some nice stuff about ocfc lack of regard for away support - would like to be with some others if possible - saw you guys were section 103 - have exact seat locations? anyone interested in meeting up beforehand for beers and to walk in?
Haha. That's awesome. I'm up for meeting for a beer. I think I'm halfway up the section. I'm sure we'll all see/hear each other!!

khso11
04-01-2015, 06:12 PM
The Fire ticket rep told me yesterday there's around 50 confirmed TFC fans going, possibly more as the day get closer.

Pint
04-01-2015, 07:22 PM
For anyone that hasn't been in contact for chicago:

If you want to join a bunch of us for pre game is downtown it will be at trophy room, they are giving us 20% off food both pre and post game. A 24 seats bus is leaving trophy room at 1230 and returning by 530 but it is sold out, if you are not on the bus you can still come out and a cab convoy can be arranged.

firm
04-01-2015, 09:04 PM
visiting supporters parking lot 5 S anybody tailgaiting there, thinking about going abit early leaving the car at hotel and just having a beverage or two

TorontoGooner
04-02-2015, 04:37 AM
For anyone that hasn't been in contact for chicago:

If you want to join a bunch of us for pre game is downtown it will be at trophy room, they are giving us 20% off food both pre and post game. A 24 seats bus is leaving trophy room at 1230 and returning by 530 but it is sold out, if you are not on the bus you can still come out and a cab convoy can be arranged.

cab convoy is a great idea

Redcoe15
04-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Had a great time in Chicago last September. Except for when Gilberto's goal in extra time was disallowed by the same moron ref that gave Justin Morrow a red card in Columbus a couple of weeks ago.

Have fun whoever's going. And if you spot a Garrett Gourmet Popcorn store, pick up some CheeseCorn. It's the fuckin' best popcorn you'll ever taste.

Frings22
04-02-2015, 10:50 AM
The Fire ticket rep told me yesterday there's around 50 confirmed TFC fans going, possibly more as the day get closer.

Make that around 51! haha Ticket's waiting for me at will call :)

TorontoGooner
04-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Sounds like there's a few of us going to Chicago. Great stuff. Let's get some beers going and get our voices up.

See you at the Trophy Room for pre game pints

Frings22
04-13-2015, 10:07 AM
Anyone know what happened to the philly trip on thesupportersection.com? The link seems to lead to nowhere now.

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2015, 03:05 PM
Anyone know what happened to the philly trip on thesupportersection.com? The link seems to lead to nowhere now.

I blieve it was canceled due to a lack of interest, as I have mentioned before, will be in Philly for the game.

Frings22
04-13-2015, 03:24 PM
Darn, had so much fun during the chicago roadtrip and was looking forward to this trip. Time to start asking around if anyone has an empty seat in their car and is driving from Toronto to Philly haha

Pint
04-13-2015, 03:27 PM
Thinking about catching the via up to mtl for the 1st leg of the vcup... anyone else going?

Petor
04-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Thinking about catching the via up to mtl for the 1st leg of the vcup... anyone else going?

Yup, I'll be there, going by train too.
First train into Montreal on Wednesday, last one leaving Montreal on Friday.
Staying in the Plateau area.

TorontoGooner
04-13-2015, 04:05 PM

i'm considering it. I know Prizby is going

Petor
04-13-2015, 04:20 PM
i'm considering it. I know Prizby is going

For pregame I'm hitting a new Japanese pub not too far from where I'm staying.
It's a short 5 minute downhill walk from the resto to the Metro(subway) that will take you to the stadium.

http://www.sumidojo.com/

Just look for the guy wearing TFC gear if you want to join me. :)

TorontoGooner
04-13-2015, 07:21 PM

Just saw this, sorry for the late response. Sounds a good idea. I'm getting there quite late though with my Dad. Our seats are about halfway up the section. I wouldn't worry too much about OCSC fans.

Frings22
04-14-2015, 09:21 AM
Alright guys, my friend and I are going to rent a car and drive to Philly for the game so we will have 2 unused seats in the car for the trip. I guess you can PM me or reply to this comment if you're interested in coming along and are willing to pitch in gas money. We're either leaving late Friday afternoon or early Saturday morning and coming back sunday evening.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2015, 11:48 AM
For pregame I'm hitting a new Japanese pub not too far from where I'm staying.
It's a short 5 minute downhill walk from the resto to the Metro(subway) that will take you to the stadium.

http://www.sumidojo.com/

Just look for the guy wearing TFC gear if you want to join me. :)

I will be at McLeans for the Champions League semi-final in the afternoon if you want to stop by, kickoff is 2:45 pm. Always a good time there, the beer will be flowing.

JasonNorin
04-17-2015, 01:11 AM
Haven't done any road trips for quite some time now due to time constraints.

Fort York Redcoat
04-17-2015, 08:29 AM

Ya bud. Taking the mega day of and night back. Pm me if you decide and get a departure time. Haven't bought mine yet but it was a great price last time I looked.

Red CB Toronto
04-17-2015, 08:55 AM
Ya bud. Taking the mega day of and night back. Pm me if you decide and get a departure time. Haven't bought mine yet but it was a great price last time I looked.

I am taking the 6:30 am Mega Bus to Montreal arrving around lunch time. Going to McLeans for the Champions League semi-final (2:45 kickoff) in the afternoon. Heading back on the 12:15 am after the game.

gmacpheetfc
04-26-2015, 08:55 PM
Philadelphia anyone?

Red CB Toronto
04-26-2015, 09:29 PM
Philadelphia anyone?

Arriving in Philly Saturday morning.

Frings22
04-27-2015, 11:35 AM
Hey guys so one of my friends cancelled at the last minute so now we have 2 open seats in our car. If you guys could spread the word or ask around if there's anyone from Toronto that wants to go to the philly trip, we're leaving late friday afternoon and coming back sunday evening. Send me a PM if you're interested!

Red CB Toronto
04-27-2015, 10:18 PM
Hey guys so one of my friends cancelled at the last minute so now we have 2 open seats in our car. If you guys could spread the word or ask around if there's anyone from Toronto that wants to go to the philly trip, we're leaving late friday afternoon and coming back sunday evening. Send me a PM if you're interested!

Did you guys buy your tickets yet? I just pulled one off stubhub in the opposite corner to the river end ones as Philly does not have an away section unless they initially get a 15 ticket order to start it off.

Frings22
04-28-2015, 11:51 AM
Did you guys buy your tickets yet? I just pulled one off stubhub in the opposite corner to the river end ones as Philly does not have an away section unless they initially get a 15 ticket order to start it off.

Hey, I actually emailed them and they do in fact have an away supporters section. The following is a quote from the email they sent me "The Toronto supporters will be sitting in section 133 which is our designated away supporters section. You can order tickets online or by calling Comcast Tickets at 1-800-298-4200" Cheers

Red CB Toronto
04-28-2015, 12:13 PM
Hey, I actually emailed them and they do in fact have an away supporters section. The following is a quote from the email they sent me "The Toronto supporters will be sitting in section 133 which is our designated away supporters section. You can order tickets online or by calling Comcast Tickets at 1-800-298-4200" Cheers

Thanks when I called it seems that it had not been decided in they were having on, I ended up buying a ticket off stubhub at the TFC bench. Guess I will head over to 113.

Captain
05-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Got crazy tonight and decided to drive to Philii tomorrow. Called and got tickets for section 133. Problem is now I can't sleep and I have to be up real early to drive. Not sure what I was thinking.