PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC 2

Leedsoronto
01-21-2015, 11:35 AM
It's official, Toronto FC 2 is the name of the USL team and they will play at OSA in Vaughan

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/usl-pro-mls-toronto-fc-tfc-tfcii-major-league-soccer-toronto-fc/#__federated=1

Walms
01-21-2015, 11:43 AM
And we have a website!

http://www.tfc2.ca/#TFCII

Damien
01-21-2015, 12:39 PM
It's not official until it has it's own Wikipedia page! :D

OgtheDim
01-21-2015, 01:16 PM
General Admission - Season seats $96 for 12 games.

ManUtd4ever
01-21-2015, 01:26 PM
The stadium is a 10 minute drive from my house. I'm buying seasons tickets for myself and my boys. I hope there won't be too many scheduling conflicts with the first team regular season schedule.

OgtheDim
01-21-2015, 01:28 PM
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't USL Pro stream/youtube all its games as a matter of policy?

Leedsoronto
01-21-2015, 01:39 PM
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't USL Pro stream/youtube all its games as a matter of policy?

I Managed to watch most of the Wilmington games so fingers crossed on that !!

Damien
01-21-2015, 01:40 PM
I Managed to watch most of the Wilmington games so fingers crossed on that !!

Is it free? How much?

Leedsoronto
01-21-2015, 01:48 PM
Was free on YT or via the USL web page on YT

gmacpheetfc
01-21-2015, 01:52 PM
will they play in the us open cup?

Red CB Toronto
01-21-2015, 01:52 PM

Yes, it is USL policy to stream all the games. The home team being responsible to produce it. Now the quality of the broadcast varied greatly from team to team. Some I saw were quite good with multiple cameras etc.

jimiv
01-21-2015, 01:54 PM
I was joking when I first said it but now looking at the stadium, what a great place for the Argos to play.

Initial B
01-21-2015, 02:11 PM
So what to we call them in shorthand? T2 is already taken by Portland, so do we call them T-II, T-Deux, T-Due, or Tor-II?

OgtheDim
01-21-2015, 02:16 PM
Media will call them the Baby Reds.

Cause...you know.......hockey.

flamehawk
01-21-2015, 02:34 PM
The stadium is a 10 minute drive from my house. I'm buying seasons tickets for myself and my boys. I hope there won't be too many scheduling conflicts with the first team regular season schedule.

I also hope there's some type of SSH discount (or better yet, free). I wasn't expecting them to charge this much tbh.

pdogg
01-21-2015, 02:40 PM
So what to we call them in shorthand? T2 is already taken by Portland, so do we call them T-II, T-Deux, T-Due, or Tor-II?

Toonies?

Fort York Redcoat
01-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Toonies?

This wins so far.

brad
01-21-2015, 02:42 PM
This is amazing. One of the best things to happen to this team.

Fort York Redcoat
01-21-2015, 02:42 PM

You know someone is going to call them

WEE EFF SEE

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/newborn.jpg

^Also I just found this.

ManUtd4ever
01-21-2015, 02:44 PM
If they offered free admission to existing STHs, we would probably fill up most of the stadium and they wouldn't sell many tickets. It costs money to run a USL club so I understand the pricing structure.

I think a discount for us is reasonable though.

Yohan
01-21-2015, 02:51 PM
If they offered free admission to existing STHs, we would probably fill up most of the stadium and they wouldn't sell many tickets. It costs money to run a USL club so I understand the pricing structure.

I think a discount for us is reasonable though.
at least it's GA ;)

SirBobSaget
01-21-2015, 03:15 PM
Kinda excited for this, only a few mins drive from home (hopefully free parking?). Picked up a season pass.

Will they be playing the full 28 game schedule?

Red4ever
01-21-2015, 03:19 PM
North of Eglinton. Can't do it.

PopePouri
01-21-2015, 03:25 PM
Looked at the transit and it's shitty from Islington. A real shame.

Shway
01-21-2015, 03:29 PM
MODS:

Can you merge these two?
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?36833-Official-Toronto-FC-USL-Pro-Team&p=1713981#post1713981

seems redundant to have two threads about the same team.

flatpicker
01-21-2015, 03:31 PM

WEE EFF SEE

^Also I just found this.

Well that brings back memories.

Shway
01-21-2015, 03:44 PM

Young Reds is just fine

Cas87
01-21-2015, 04:30 PM

Toonies?

This wins so far.

THE DEUCE!!!!!!!

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/hand-peace-sign-13933087.jpg

Yohan
01-21-2015, 04:31 PM
http://uslpro.uslsoccer.com/home/857836.html

USL Pro 2015 conferences and playoff format

MartinUtd
01-21-2015, 04:40 PM
We should call them 2FC and if we get an even more junior team they can be TF3.

Petor
01-21-2015, 05:09 PM

WEE EFF SEE

^Also I just found this.

Lol that pic brought back some great memories....

http://youtu.be/G5wFKzBdjVU (http://youtu.be/G5wFKzBdjVU)

dupont
01-21-2015, 06:10 PM
Can anyone that knows Vaughan tell me if this will be something easy to get to for people in Toronto who don't drive? I know there is a Spadina subway extension finishing next year. Will those stations be close to the stadium? If not is their any other public transit options?

TFC07
01-21-2015, 06:27 PM
Can anyone that knows Vaughan tell me if this will be something easy to get to for people in Toronto who don't drive? I know there is a Spadina subway extension finishing next year. Will those stations be close to the stadium? If not is their any other public transit options?

You will have to take Martin Grove (Vaughan) bus which does go to Toronto.

JonO
01-21-2015, 06:33 PM
Not sure which stations will be ready next year, but I believe there will still be quite a distance to go to get to the stadium. Will definitely require a bus. I believe there already is a bus from York U, but it is about 10km away and supposedly takes about 40 min. Quite the commute...

TFC07
01-21-2015, 06:35 PM
Not sure which stations will be ready next year, but I believe there will still be quite a distance to go to get to the stadium. Will definitely require a bus. I believe there already is a bus from York U, but it is about 10km away and supposedly takes about 40 min. Quite the commute...

The bus that goes near soccer centre has stops in Toronto (Humber College and Woodbine Centre being two main stops).

OgtheDim
01-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Assuming people are willing to walk the 10 - 20 minutes from Martingrove and Highway 7.

On Saturdays and Sundays, the 501 Zum bus is every 30 minutes from York U. Takes about 25 minutes to get there. $3.75 cash fare or $2.80 on Presto.

Ever 30 Minutes from Finch stations via YRT's 77 route, takes 50 minutes. $4.00 cash fare or $3.30 on Presto.

If I was going, I'd take the Zum bus - and if anybody is considering using transit in this city, get a Presto card - TTC will be using them on all buses by 2016. Worth the $6 fee.

Hate to tell you this, but the Subway is unlikely to be finished for the 2016 season, as it is in jeopardy of not being finished for 2016 at all.

Good thing is with the subway going to Vaughan Corporate Centre, the buses west along 7 are likely to increase in frequency.

Doucet3
01-21-2015, 08:31 PM
I'm contain playing season tickets... 2 potential problem 1) schedualeing and 2 (maybe you all can help) I live in the Niagara region think coming up the QEW would be an issue to Vaughn? And is there adaquite parking... What about routes any easy ones that are good on driving time and good on traffic

TFC07
01-21-2015, 08:59 PM
I'm contain playing season tickets... 2 potential problem 1) schedualeing and 2 (maybe you all can help) I live in the Niagara region think coming up the QEW would be an issue to Vaughn? And is there adaquite parking... What about routes any easy ones that are good on driving time and good on traffic

No it shouldn't be a problem. Soccer centre is near Highway 427, so it would easy but a long drive to get soccer centre for you.

TFC07
01-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Assuming people are willing to walk the 10 - 20 minutes from Martingrove and Highway 7.

On Saturdays and Sundays, the 501 Zum bus is every 30 minutes from York U. Takes about 25 minutes to get there. $3.75 cash fare or $2.80 on Presto.

Ever 30 Minutes from Finch stations via YRT's 77 route, takes 50 minutes. $4.00 cash fare or $3.30 on Presto.

If I was going, I'd take the Zum bus - and if anybody is considering using transit in this city, get a Presto card - TTC will be using them on all buses by 2016. Worth the $6 fee.

Hate to tell you this, but the Subway is unlikely to be finished for the 2016 season, as it is in jeopardy of not being finished for 2016 at all.

Good thing is with the subway going to Vaughan Corporate Centre, the buses west along 7 are likely to increase in frequency.

Soccer centre is right in middle between Martin Grove/Highway 7 and Martin Grove/Steeles. So if you're coming from Toronto, then just take YRT bus (Martin Grove bus) where it will stop beside soccer centre. Taking Brampton Zum or YRT 77 is more suitable for those living in 905 region than 416 region.

Red CB Toronto
01-21-2015, 09:29 PM
Soccer centre is right in middle between Martin Grove/Highway 7 and Martin Grove/Steeles. So if you're coming from Toronto, then just take YRT bus (Martin Grove bus) where it will stop beside soccer centre. Taking Brampton Zum or YRT 77 is more suitable for those living in 905 region than 416 region.

Is there a YRT bus that goes to the OSC from finch. The couple times I did it from Finch subway was the Steeles Bus to Martin Grove and walk up.

TFC07
01-21-2015, 09:43 PM
Is there a YRT bus that goes to the OSC from finch. The couple times I did it from Finch subway was the Steeles Bus to Martin Grove and walk up.

YRT# 77 bus goes to Finch station. You will need to get off on Martin Grove/Highway 7 stop and transfer to Martin Grove bus or walk to soccer centre if you take YRT 77 bus from finch station.

Red CB Toronto
01-21-2015, 09:48 PM
YRT# 77 bus goes to Finch station. You will need to get off on Martin Grove/Highway 7 stop and transfer to Martin Grove bus or walk to soccer centre if you take YRT 77 bus from finch station.

Is there much of a different taking the TTC Steels bus to Martin Grove or the YRT 77 along highway 7 to Martin Grove? The Soccer Centre is in the middle on Martin Grove.

TFC07
01-21-2015, 09:54 PM
Is there much of a different taking the TTC Steels bus to Martin Grove or the YRT 77 along highway 7 to Martin Grove? The Soccer Centre is in the middle on Martin Grove.

If you're planning to walk, then getting off highway 7 is better than getting off steeles and trying to walk to soccer centre IMO.

OgtheDim
01-21-2015, 10:14 PM
..... Taking Brampton Zum or YRT 77 is more suitable for those living in 905 region than 416 region.

Depends on how close you are to York U.

dutch
01-21-2015, 11:35 PM
I love the name so much. Bundesliga teams call theyre reserves 2 ie II. Its not theyre academy just as its not ours, its the reserves team. theres Bayern Munich II, Bayer Leverkusen II, Werder Bremen II, Wolfsburg II, Hannover 96 II, Schalke II etc etc I learnt this the hard way by online betting on the rush lol I would call them TFC II if this was TFC's idea for naming theyre reserve team. I would love to hear an interview on the naming process to clarify.

This is one of the corner stones of MLS development being laid and we're right at the front with the best training grounds, top notch facilities, budget etc. I doubt Galaxys's reserve team is half as well taken care of.

ManUtd4ever
01-21-2015, 11:52 PM
I watched the replay of the press conference, and it was quite the reception. I have the sense that the team will certainly not lack support. Vaughan is the fastest growing region in the GTA, and has a diverse population of 350,000 people, many of whom are football enthusiasts. TFC II will be the first professional team in any sport to be based in the area as well, so it's a pretty big deal in the community.

dutch
01-22-2015, 12:07 AM
I watched the replay of the press conference, and it was quite the reception. I have the sense that the team will certainly not lack support. Vaughan is the fastest growing region in the GTA, and has a diverse population of 350,000 people, many of whom are football enthusiasts. TFC II will be the first professional team in any sport to be based in the area as well, so it's a pretty big deal in the community.

That is a very good point, Vaughan is Woodbridge. Woodbridge has the highest Italian concetration in Canada and probably the most soccer crazy community in Canada as well. They have never had a major venue like this. One matchstick of Giovinco showing up and meeting the crowd and this thing is ablaze. That area will probably snatch up every season ticket. much better than if it was at lamport stadium

Red CB Toronto
01-22-2015, 12:43 AM

It really is a good to see them entrench this team in a welcoming GTA community while having them training within the setup at KIA. It really would have gotten lost playing somewhere Toronto including BMO Field.

Shway
01-22-2015, 12:56 AM
people who live in the east.......don't bother taking transportation.

dutch
01-22-2015, 03:08 AM
Its been years since I lived in Toronto but I still remember it in my head. Anywhere from kipling to kennedy you can get onto the main subway line that crosses the city and that connects to pretty much everything? yes it may be a long trip. Same as it is coming in from Kitchener or Oshawa. You dont have it that bad. I used to come in from kitchener on Transit 5 times a year to watch a match.

FRANKIE65
01-22-2015, 09:53 AM
This should actually be easier to get to than BMO from Woodstock. That said, I can't justify seasons tickets to both. However, we'll more than likely make it there for a game, or, two. The price should be right, plus, it will be a blast cheering on the younger, for the most part, guys!

Walms
01-22-2015, 10:21 AM
can anyone clarify..... dose this give TFC II the potential to qualify & compete in the US Open Cup?

from the news I can find the top USL clubs get a spot in the tournament, or will the fact that were Canadian disqualify us?

C.Ronaldo
01-22-2015, 10:28 AM
North of Eglinton. Can't do it.

Isnt north of eglinton all cottage country?

Ill make a few games, oddly probably on way to or back from cottage

C.Ronaldo
01-22-2015, 10:33 AM
The internet and carpooling is your friend

If you live downtown, catch a GO train/bus somewhere north and coordinate with fellow RPBs. we need a soccer UBER

zeelaw
01-22-2015, 10:37 AM
If you're planning to walk, then getting off highway 7 is better than getting off steeles and trying to walk to soccer centre IMO.
Makes sense for people in York Region, not those on TTC tho.

zeelaw
01-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Has there been any mention of booze at this place yet lol?

Yohan
01-22-2015, 10:42 AM
can anyone clarify..... dose this give TFC II the potential to qualify & compete in the US Open Cup?

from the news I can find the top USL clubs get a spot in the tournament, or will the fact that were Canadian disqualify us?
nope. club has to be registered with USSF to be eligible for USOC

Walms
01-22-2015, 11:01 AM
nope. club has to be registered with USSF to be eligible for USOC

That's kinda what I figured.... but I also had a fantasy that TFC II wins the US Open Cup using Bradley, Altidore & Findley > Brings the trophy north to Canada > and we spend the next year laughing at all there bitching & crying

reggie
01-22-2015, 11:11 AM
i dont think 2000 seats will be enough...im thinking of getting a pair of season tickets at 96 a pop thats nothing.

ManUtd4ever
01-22-2015, 11:13 AM
Isnt north of eglinton all cottage country?

Ill make a few games, oddly probably on way to or back from cottage

LOL, I live in Vaughan, and it's all residential areas. You have to travel at least another 45 minutes north before you hit cottage country.

We even have internet access. g:D

ManUtd4ever
01-22-2015, 11:14 AM
i dont think 2000 seats will be enough...im thinking of getting a pair of season tickets at 96 a pop thats nothing.

The seating capacity will be doubled in Phase 2 next year.

reggie
01-22-2015, 11:16 AM
LOL, I live in Vaughan, and it's all residential areas. You have to travel at least another 45 minutes north before you hit cottage country.

We even have internet access. g:D
i think they be serving moonshine instead of beerg:D

ManUtd4ever
01-22-2015, 11:20 AM
i think they be serving moonshine instead of beerg:D

Hey, don't knock it til you try it...g:D

Red CB Toronto
01-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Makes sense for people in York Region, not those on TTC tho.

If you take the subway to Finch, you can either take the YRT Bus to Martin Grove and 7 or the TTC bus to Martin Grove and Steels.

Fort York Redcoat
01-22-2015, 11:44 AM
If you take the subway to Finch, you can either take the YRT Bus to Martin Grove and 7 or the TTC bus to Martin Grove and Steels.

bring a book.

http://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/bookcover-warandpeace__130218130207.jpg

zeelaw
01-22-2015, 12:44 PM
No I know, I'm saying why pay for another fare to get on LRT when the Steeles option isn't only a few minutes longer walk?

ironcub14
01-22-2015, 12:55 PM
Lol 2FC, I like that one

C.Ronaldo
01-22-2015, 01:48 PM
Will tailgates be at the coffee time parking lot?

Did I just age myself with that question

dutch
01-22-2015, 02:09 PM
Im stoked.
I wonder which players are gonna fill the reserve team, which ones move up from the academy and which ones move down to get more playing time or a 2nd chance..This will affect our academy team negatively results wise as theyre best will be plucked up. Its better for development obviously.
not alot of info yet. USLPRO website dosent have 2015 schedule up yet???

Jack
01-22-2015, 02:28 PM
This is a great development on many levels for us. I am excited to see this commitment to our future.

BuSaPuNk
01-22-2015, 02:36 PM
This is a great development on many levels for us. I am excited to see this commitment to our future.

Agreed. This is the infrastructure that we desperately needed to bring us to that next level. Now have a place to complete the triangle of development. This is great for the club and for the country.

These are the first steps to making not only Canada better internationally but TFC a machine to pump out talent that can only create a better club.

Initial B
01-22-2015, 02:53 PM
not alot of info yet. USLPRO website dosent have 2015 schedule up yet???
I think they're waiting for NYRB to formally announce their USLP team and where they will be playing before releasing the schedule.

AdamAM
01-22-2015, 03:27 PM
Super stoked for this.

barticusz
01-22-2015, 04:22 PM
Wish I lived in Toronto. I would buy seasons for this for sure. Getting to watch the Canadian kids work their way up at an extremely nice price would be great. Love that this is finally happening!

Yohan
01-22-2015, 04:34 PM
TFC II is going to be one of major reasons why TFC makes the playoffs

jazzy
01-22-2015, 05:05 PM
I also hope there's some type of SSH discount (or better yet, free). I wasn't expecting them to charge this much tbh.

$8.00 a seat , ? I mean the academy team was at least $10.00. Maybe they could have a daily pass , kids\senior price , to help,

but we get cheap seats at BMO field and expect million dollar players......not very realistic . And some people Pay more than that for a drink or better still cigarettes . I guess we'll also pay those kids dinner money for our entertainment .

jazzy
01-22-2015, 05:11 PM

Sad news but no way is the subway extension going to be finished in time ,TTC is suing the engineers for took ups ...it would still be a short bus ride from the subway to martingrove and highway 7.....best bet is straight up martin grove into Vaughn which unfortunately costs basically 2 fares......you can get to martingrove and Steeles on 1 fare......then hike it...OR throw that bike on the bus. :)

TFC07
01-22-2015, 05:12 PM
TFC II is going to be one of major reasons why TFC makes the playoffs

Bold statement.

I think we have to give it few years to truly see if TFC II make huge impact or not. Keep in mind that other teams around the league also have their own teams or going to have their own teams. What will separate TFC with rest of the league is academy players and non-TFC League one players. If TFC do their job in academy while other teams in League One do their job, then we're going to see huge benefit for TFC.

Petor
01-22-2015, 05:24 PM
bring a book.

http://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/bookcover-warandpeace__130218130207.jpg

War, what's it good for?

Yohan
01-22-2015, 06:03 PM
Bold statement.

I think we have to give it few years to truly see if TFC II make huge impact or not. Keep in mind that other teams around the league also have their own teams or going to have their own teams. What will separate TFC with rest of the league is academy players and non-TFC League one players. If TFC do their job in academy while other teams in League One do their job, then we're going to see huge benefit for TFC.
competitive games and match fitness for those guys not getting first team mins. so when they do have to fill in for someone, they aren't rusty and already mentally in game day mode. previous reserve games didn't provide that.

flamehawk
01-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Did they post how much individual tickets might cost? Considering the value of picking up season tickets versus singles, seeing as I am not sure I will be watching every game.

jloome
01-22-2015, 08:45 PM
War, what's it good for?

Ah yes, the original title, lol.

dutch
01-22-2015, 09:19 PM
OHL hockey is 20 or so a ticket. 8 is ridiculously cheap.

flamehawk
01-22-2015, 09:47 PM
OHL hockey is 20 or so a ticket. 8 is ridiculously cheap.

Maybe I am just a little taken back by the price just because I'm used to going to reserve an Academy games for free.

PopePouri
01-23-2015, 04:51 PM
http://youtu.be/5-Ic9mXgrEI

Full presentation.

daner90
01-24-2015, 03:01 PM
Pretty excited for TFC 2. Living in Barrie it will be a lot easier getting to games. I will probably get to more games in Vaughan than BMO this year

TFC07
01-24-2015, 04:16 PM
According to Rollins, TFC is trying to get PDL team as well. So I am not sure what this means for TFC II.

You can go to CSN and read article about it.

OgtheDim
01-24-2015, 05:07 PM
According to Rollins, TFC is trying to get PDL team as well. So I am not sure what this means for TFC II.

You can go to CSN and read article about it.

We have had a team of local university students playing on a team like that for a few years.

flamehawk
01-25-2015, 03:06 PM
I am just noticing now how much of a packed house the TFC 2 announcement was ... something I would expect for a Leafs' announcement. I don't think they were just regular TFC fans .. and surely, there wasn't that many journalists there. who are they?

TFC07
01-25-2015, 03:18 PM
I am just noticing now how much of a packed house the TFC 2 announcement was ... something I would expect for a Leafs' announcement. I don't think they were just regular TFC fans .. and surely, there wasn't that many journalists there. who are they?

Probably Vaughan city council members and OSA staff

TFC07
01-25-2015, 03:35 PM
One thing no one talked about if these games will be on TV. It will be interesting to see if MLSE owned channel (Gol TV) will broadcast TFC II games (or at least home games). Or maybe TSN2 or Sportsnet One/360 will pick an odd game here and there since there isn't much going on during summer for sports content.

flamehawk
01-25-2015, 03:43 PM
One thing no one talked about if these games will be on TV. It will be interesting to see if MLSE owned channel (Gol TV) will broadcast TFC II games (or at least home games). Or maybe TSN2 or Sportsnet One/360 will pick an odd game here and there since there isn't much going on during summer for sports content.

Well, USL-pro games are all freely broadcasted on youtube. Though if the idea is to promote the team further, being broadcasted on tv won't hurt.

__wowza
01-25-2015, 04:53 PM
Well, USL-pro games are all freely broadcasted on youtube. Though if the idea is to promote the team further, being broadcasted on tv won't hurt.

they already own the channel, so i don't see why they wouldn't air their home games.

BuSaPuNk
01-25-2015, 05:52 PM
they already own the channel, so i don't see why they wouldn't air their home games.

Yeah agreed.

I would think they would air them on GolTV because now having all the first team games on TSN/Sportsnet has really cut into what GolTV offers during the summer.

Red CB Toronto
01-25-2015, 07:03 PM
Yeah agreed.

I would think they would air them on GolTV because now having all the first team games on TSN/Sportsnet has really cut into what GolTV offers during the summer.

It would all come down to cost and if they view it as worthwhile programming. GOL is many ways is a diminishing channel, TL at times even mentioned if it fit into the long term plans. Ever since Bell and Rogers moved in, the in house channels role great changed with all the live games being pulled off them.

anto7
01-31-2015, 12:30 PM
@KurtLarSUN: Toronto FC II will open its home slate against the Rochester Rhinos on May 23 in "Toronto".

Kaz
01-31-2015, 12:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8scZqwIcAEHs1S.jpg:large

anto7
01-31-2015, 12:31 PM
First game Mar 28th away to Impact

Red CB Toronto
01-31-2015, 12:38 PM
First game Mar 28th away to Impact

Road trip anyone !!!

I am a little disappointed that TFC II's home opener is not until May, which will be at BMO Field. They could have used many suitable facilities for the USL Pro level in the city. York, U of T, Lamport ?

ManUtd4ever
01-31-2015, 12:47 PM
Montreal's logo and name for their USL squad is better than the MLS team.

jazzy
01-31-2015, 12:49 PM
So home game for TFC 2, is at BMO field ?.....see TFC facebook, same as our home game vs Portland..........no Vaughn home opener , interesting .

Red CB Toronto
01-31-2015, 01:01 PM
So home game for TFC 2, is at BMO field ?.....see TFC facebook, same as our home game vs Portland..........no Vaughn home opener , interesting .

They were just announcing the home openers for each team, the full schedule comes out Monday. For TFC II their home opener is at BMO with the stadium in Vaughn not being ready for July. Believe they said the first game there would be July 1.

Petor
01-31-2015, 01:01 PM

The stadium in Vaughan won't be finished until July 1st.

Pint
01-31-2015, 01:59 PM
They don't we play at home may 10th, they play at home may 23rd

OgtheDim
01-31-2015, 01:59 PM
Ok I'm blind.

Not March May.

Anyhoo.....does this mean a double header, cause TFC is playing Portland at home that day?

Fort York Redcoat
01-31-2015, 02:02 PM
Road trip anyone !!!

I am a little disappointed that TFC II's home opener is not until May, which will be at BMO Field. They could have used many suitable facilities for the USL Pro level in the city. York, U of T, Lamport ?

2 out of 3 of those have schools that use those fields and don't have any desire to rent them out. Lamport maybe.

Pint
01-31-2015, 02:16 PM
Ok I'm blind.

Not March May.

Anyhoo.....does this mean a double header, cause TFC is playing Portland at home that day?

Tfc play portland on the 22nd no?

Leedsoronto
01-31-2015, 02:22 PM
If so be like a stay behind reserve game of old

Red CB Toronto
01-31-2015, 02:30 PM
2 out of 3 of those have schools that use those fields and don't have any desire to rent them out. Lamport maybe.

L1 Ontario played at York this year. The Toronto Rush, Pro Ultimate frisbee team plays at Varsity. I am just saying it would have been nice to have some games with the Reds on the road for two months.

Petor
01-31-2015, 03:06 PM
Weird, just saw this, TFC 2 play in Vancouvers home opener in April...

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2015/01/wfc2-face-toronto-fc-ii-2015-home-opener

Kaz
01-31-2015, 03:11 PM
Not really that weird. USL Pro is broken up and they do play other teams. That is just the Eastern Division's Home openers. The Western Home Openers I haven't seen..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8smvznIYAEOGC7.jpg:large

Leedsoronto
01-31-2015, 03:11 PM
Last time I looked Vancouver was on the left coast ??

Initial B
01-31-2015, 03:51 PM
This is crazy, TFCII has two months of away games before they get their first home game!? Well I guess we don't care if TFCII makes the USLP playoffs, but it's going to be hard on the kids. I thought the whole point of USL pro was that they won't have as hard a travel schedule.

Macksam
01-31-2015, 03:57 PM
This is crazy, TFCII has two months of away games before they get their first home game!? Well I guess we don't care if TFCII makes the USLP playoffs, but it's going to be hard on the kids. I thought the whole point of USL pro was that they won't have as hard a travel schedule.

Lol, well, I guess they have to get use to the jet lag sooner rather than later.

OgtheDim
01-31-2015, 04:59 PM
Tfc play portland on the 22nd no?

I think I need a nap.

mowe
01-31-2015, 06:27 PM
I like the synergy between our two clubs, right down to the extended road trip to start the year.

Fort York Redcoat
01-31-2015, 06:36 PM
It seems as if they were more eager to get the team than a place to play. A bumpy start to their franchise won't make much difference in the long haul and to their intended purpose but one does have to note the 2015 start to the various levels of this team are far from ideal.

Fort York Redcoat
01-31-2015, 06:37 PM
L1 Ontario played at York this year. The Toronto Rush, Pro Ultimate frisbee team plays at Varsity. I am just saying it would have been nice to have some games with the Reds on the road for two months.

Well I stand corrected. Uni's have opened their doors to sports that don't want priority. Sorry Argos. You still lose out.

CBTFC
01-31-2015, 06:41 PM
Something my friend and I were discussing while watching the Chelsea/Man City game today...TFC has 4 keepers. Who are your 2 keepers for the main team, and who are your 2 for TFC2?

And why?