PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Happened to TFC Town Halls?

portu
01-17-2015, 03:23 PM
I'm just listening to this Shite Bull town hall (great listen if you have the time) and wondering whatever happened to our own. Anyone?

Red CB Toronto
01-17-2015, 04:56 PM
I'm just listening to this Shite Bull town hall (great listen if you have the time) and wondering whatever happened to our own. Anyone?

I really kind of think they died when TFC's business operations were integrated into MLSE's overall operations and really our greatest advocate in Paul moved on. It really is faceless, on a related note to this, does anyone really know who there rep is anymore?

Fort York Redcoat
01-18-2015, 06:00 PM
Did you go to the one we had? I did. I don't know who felt better afterwards. Definitely not me.

Red CB Toronto
01-18-2015, 06:55 PM
Did you go to the one we had? I did. I don't know who felt better afterwards. Definitely not me.

I agree, Tommy Boy was comedy gold, he really let things get to him in this environment at times and got quite followed mouth at certain moments, especially when pressed about the infamous Barry McLean.

jabbronies
01-18-2015, 09:40 PM
Here's a link to the audio:
http://www.onceametro.com/2015/1/17/7628627/listen-rbny-town-hall-audio-mls

This is a cookie cutter town hall to what TFC gave us. I think the Red Bulls FO asked TFC brass how it the meeting should run. The RB FO were handed a script on what to say and how to say it. They even brought a player everyone loved and hoped to use him as a shield

The intro alone is pretty arrogant on the FO part
A lot of what they said was corporate speak.

Also - RE: TFC town hall - they deserved everything they got in that town hall.

Carts
01-21-2015, 11:14 AM

I felt better afterwards - they gave free beer, with no limit...

I left smashed! :drinking:

Red CB Toronto
01-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Here's a link to the audio:
http://www.onceametro.com/2015/1/17/7628627/listen-rbny-town-hall-audio-mls

This is a cookie cutter town hall to what TFC gave us. I think the Red Bulls FO asked TFC brass how it the meeting should run. The RB FO were handed a script on what to say and how to say it. They even brought a player everyone loved and hoped to use him as a shield

The intro alone is pretty arrogant on the FO part
A lot of what they said was corporate speak.

Also - RE: TFC town hall - they deserved everything they got in that town hall.

I was at a few town halls and never felt it got that crazy. The interesting thing I did was went to two back to back to see the contrast and boy was it ever different. One was for General season ticket holders and other was specially for us, RPB.

Fort York Redcoat
01-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Pointless bloodletting in the end. It clearly felt good to some at the time.

jabbronies
01-22-2015, 09:20 AM
I was at a few town halls and never felt it got that crazy. The interesting thing I did was went to two back to back to see the contrast and boy was it ever different. One was for General season ticket holders and other was specially for us, RPB.

I did the same thing. very big difference between what the "Casuals" wanted and what the Supporters wanted.