PDA

View Full Version : IMG Suncoast Pro Classic

flamehawk
01-16-2015, 08:11 PM
http://www.imgacademy.com/mls/

Looks like this is where TFC will have their preseason friendlies. Of note, a friendly against the Canadian Olympic Team.

Areathrasher
01-16-2015, 09:56 PM
Thats an interesting line up

Abou Sky
01-16-2015, 11:39 PM
That would be a fun little tournament to watch.

Redcoe15
01-17-2015, 01:30 AM
^^Yes it would. Except - it's in Florida! :prrr:

jloome
01-17-2015, 02:14 AM
Thats an interesting line up

TP Mazembe has been an African "superclub" for a few years, willing to pay to bring the best players from across the continent to the team. This may be a sales trip as much as anything; they several strikers worth looking at alone.

Klinsmann
01-17-2015, 02:58 AM

Looks like this is where TFC will have their preseason friendlies. Of note, a friendly against the Canadian Olympic Team.

Would that be the Canada Team that will be playing in the PANAM games?

Red CB Toronto
01-17-2015, 06:08 AM
Would that be the Canada Team that will be playing in the PANAM games?

At least some of it would be, the Pan Am Games is is a U22 tourney the year before the Olympics, a U23 tourney. The team at the IMG tourney would most likely be void of European based players.

Fort York Redcoat
01-17-2015, 01:51 PM

Holy shit - Twice the games to watch! Woohoo!!

Captain
01-19-2015, 08:29 AM
I'm considering a short trip to Florida with my daughter to get away for a few days. Does anyone know what the actual schedule is for preseason? If you click on the Feb 21st game to buy tickets it takes you to another game altogether. I don't want to go down there and find out there is no game on the Saturday.

gunnerken
01-19-2015, 08:07 PM
I'm considering a short trip to Florida with my daughter to get away for a few days. Does anyone know what the actual schedule is for preseason? If you click on the Feb 21st game to buy tickets it takes you to another game altogether. I don't want to go down there and find out there is no game on the Saturday.

I am also considering heading down for the 2nd Wednesday and Final games Sat Feb 28th. The ticket website is a bit funky in that they only appear to be packaging the 2 evening matches together with no mention of the day games. I suspect that those ones are free to attend? The only day games that are linked (and they are charging for) are the Sat finals.

It might be worth a call to confirm but that's my take.

gunnerken
01-19-2015, 08:20 PM
....and actually even the Final "day" matches are linked to the evening matches so ya, all early matches must be open?..

gunnerken
01-21-2015, 08:00 PM
OK...flight booked...tickets bought for Wednesday (vs Red Bulls) and Saturday (final)....looking forward to sunshine and soccer! Hope to meet up with some other Reds supporters down in Bradenton...anyone?

themodelcitizen
01-22-2015, 04:48 PM
Did they change it to Costa Rican U-23? I can't see a mention of us anywhere but maybe I'm just missing it...

KidA
01-22-2015, 05:12 PM
Did they change it to Costa Rican U-23? I can't see a mention of us anywhere but maybe I'm just missing it...

Toronto will now be facing Oklahoma City Energy. Not sure why but Canadian U-23 pulled out.

Fort York Redcoat
01-23-2015, 07:37 AM
So just TFC preseason. Oh well.

I am interested in knowing how the games go to those that get down there. There are some games that are free followed by games the same day that are not.

Captain
02-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Booked my tickets. Heading down to Florida for five days with my daughter who has a reading week. We'll catch the game on Sat. Feb 21st.