PDA

View Full Version : Cunny moved to Reserve locker room.. Jimmy B in the starting 11?

Jay P
07-23-2008, 01:26 PM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/07/mls-all-star-ga.html#more

Hope Ives is correct about Jimmy Starting.

Phil
07-23-2008, 01:30 PM
For some reason I am more excited about Cunny getting busted down.

t.o_moose
07-23-2008, 01:30 PM
"Yes folks, Cunningham is officially the Milton Waddams of TFC."

hahahahahahaha

Carver: "hey Jeff.. wwwwwwwhat's happening? I'm gonna need you to go ahead and move your locker to the- boiler room.."

Daveisonfire
07-23-2008, 01:39 PM
So...umm...this Edson Buddle guy is...er...good?

TicTacTabarnack
07-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Wow! Cunny got lucky ... I thought he would have been released rather than demoted to the boiler room!

Dirk Diggler
07-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Seriously...is there any reason not to release Cunny? What's the point of carrying around a potential locker room cancer throughout the season?

Batman
07-23-2008, 01:52 PM
I think it would be more humane to release him outright.

Come on Mo and John. You're not being even slightly subtle. Let's release this guy and move on. (And let him move on too.) No one wants to be where they are not wanted. You're not going to get anything for him anyway so let him go.

Eastend
07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Why is he still with the team? I understand his contract is guaranteed until September (right?) but who cares. It is demoralizing to everyone.

TFCREDNWHITE
07-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Whats with some people saying "Carver is throwing his players under a bus! and a coach should never do that!" I say FUCK THAT! Cunningham is on the way outta here sooooo FUCK HIM!!! Everyone should call him out for missing a fucking ball that was delivered on a platter!!!

rocker
07-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Why is he still with the team? I understand his contract is guaranteed until September (right?) but who cares. It is demoralizing to everyone.

we don't know anything about his contract. Mojo said on TV that one player does not have a guaranteed contract until september. Almost all players are guaranteed as of July 1. I'm hopin Cunny is that guy.
You'd think it'd be him, as he didn't prove himself last season and was making a lot this season. Mojo might still be just holding on to the guy until he signs someone, and then he'll release him or trade for a 4th round draft pick or whatever.

jwfm1985
07-23-2008, 01:59 PM
we don't know anything about his contract. Mojo said on TV that one player does not have a guaranteed contract until september. Almost all players are guaranteed as of July 1. I'm hopin Cunny is that guy.
You'd think it'd be him, as he didn't prove himself last season and was making a lot this season. Mojo might still be just holding on to the guy until he signs someone, and then he'll release him or trade for a 4th round draft pick or whatever.

I believe it is Robert who is not on the guarenteed contract

Batman
07-23-2008, 02:01 PM
I really don't care if it's guaranteed or not.

At this point it would be better for all concerned if he was told to forget coming to work for the rest of the year.

Stouffville_RPB
07-23-2008, 02:07 PM
The reason they don't release him is the same reason he still gets on the pitch... there is on other option. Until Dichio comes back or they sign someone they really don't have anyone else to play.
Their strikers are:
Ibby (16 years old)
Dichio (hurt)
Smith (I don't know how he's a striker)
Cunningham (stinks, but marginally better than Smith)

Lombardo got release a few weeks ago, they really don't have anyone else but Cunningham.

Batman
07-23-2008, 02:27 PM
I'll take Smith over Cunny and let Cunny go.
Surely we can find someone else in the next few weeks.
I think the downside of keeping him around is much worse than any positives we could get.

olegunnar
07-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Are the Toronto media allowed at BMO today? Or is it just the NYRB reporter there?

Chevy
07-23-2008, 02:39 PM

They have no choice but to keep him for the time being.

Dichio - hurt
Ibrahim - going to the U.S. U-20 team

I bet Lombardo is pissed he asked for his release - he would be getting some minutes now for sure.

Chevy
07-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Cunny's new digs....

http://southfloridadaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/old-shack.jpg

yellowfellow
07-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Whats with some people saying "Carver is throwing his players under a bus! and a coach should never do that!" I say FUCK THAT! Cunningham is on the way outta here sooooo FUCK HIM!!! Everyone should call him out for missing a fucking ball that was delivered on a platter!!!

I agree. Who cares about my feelings when cunt missed an open net on the goal line?!?!

Jay P
07-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Are the Toronto media allowed at BMO today? Or is it just the NYRB reporter there?

probably, we just won't read about it till later on

Batman
07-23-2008, 02:55 PM
They have no choice but to keep him for the time being.

Dichio - hurt
Ibrahim - going to the U.S. U-20 team

I bet Lombardo is pissed he asked for his release - he would be getting some minutes now for sure.

I forgot about Ibby going. I thought we could make it if we just had Ibby and Smith active.

noochie
07-23-2008, 03:05 PM
poach some USL strikers, pay a loan fee or something for one of those top guys whose team is in the middle of the pack.

TicTacTabarnack
07-23-2008, 03:12 PM
poach some USL strikers, pay a loan fee or something for one of those top guys whose team is in the middle of the pack.

Probably our best option right now.

Smenge
07-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Cunningham was apparently replaced by this new unknown player this morning: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/31/67285242_e2682fa8cb.jpg?v=0

nimamalek
07-23-2008, 05:33 PM
oh poor Lombardo, i think he might have made the bench finally if he was here

RealG-TFC
07-23-2008, 06:28 PM
It was his own fault. I liked him but geez, be patient.

sully
07-23-2008, 06:30 PM
put a hockey helmet on Dichio's head and get him out there....

Corpand
07-23-2008, 06:44 PM
People, he's still with the team because if we release him we will be stuck with 2 extremely young strikers. All in due time.

ManUtd4ever
07-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Unfortunately for Cunny, last night's blunder was the final nail in his coffin. I was so excited when I first heard the news last season that Mo had traded Esky for him based on his track record. Jeff Cunningham has since turned out to be one of the biggest flops in the history of professional sports in Toronto. I agree he has to go although that late game winning goal he scored against the Galaxy at the HDC will always be one of my favorite TFC memories...

professor
07-23-2008, 07:01 PM
in an e-mail from a Rev's fan, this Cunny diddy....

Cunny decides to try horseback riding, even though he hasn't had any lessons or prior experience. He mounts the horse unassisted and the horse immediately springs into motion. It gallops along at a steady rhythmic pace as his wife stands back in admiration, but then he begins to slip from the saddle.

In terror he grabs the horse's mane, but cannot seem to get a firm grip. He tries to throw his arms around the horse's neck, but he slides down the side of the horse anyway. The horse gallops along, seemingly impervious to its slipping rider.

Finally, Cunny gives up his frail grasp and he attempts to leap away from the horse and throw himself to safety. Unfortunately, his foot has become entangled in the stirrup, now he is now at the mercy of the horse's pounding hooves as his head is struck against the ground over and over.

Cunny's wife stands there frozen in panic, unable to do anything to help as she watches his head being battered against the ground. He is mere moments away from unconsciousness when to his great fortune the shopping mall's security guard sees whats going on, leans over, and unplugs the horse.

TFC hammer
07-23-2008, 07:16 PM
JC has become the scape goat for the failure of TFC. From the team, coach, management & ownership. It's so easy to blame him, but this is a team game and the entire team failed. I know JC is shit but you vent on him like he was sole reason for the lose. Sorry, but the whole team was shit. Carver cunting off the players in public is unprofessional and shows his lack of experience. He has shown throughout the season he lacks tactical skills and is slow to reacted when we are behind. We had opportunites to seal this tournament against Vancouver. I'm glad to see the back of JC but lets look at the bigger picture.

sully
07-23-2008, 07:23 PM
JC has become the scape goat for the failure of TFC. From the team, coach, management & ownership. It's so easy to blame him, but this is a team game and the entire team failed. I know JC is shit but you vent on him like he was sole reason for the lose. Sorry, but the whole team was shit. Carver cunting off the players in public is unprofessional and shows his lack of experience. He has shown throughout the season he lacks tactical skills and is slow to reacted when we are behind. We had opportunites to seal this tournament against Vancouver. I'm glad to see the back of JC but lets look at the bigger picture.

yeah but criticism of Cunningham today isn't solely based on last night..frustration with this particular player has been growing much longer than that. As for Carver criticising individual players in public..think I probably agree with you there..

reggie
07-23-2008, 07:31 PM
thank god he is gone,because i can't take it anymore,global warming its because of cunny,gas prices because of cunnyWTF.
we know cunny is done,but who is the dumb ass playing him every game and who is the dumb ass that can't find a striker for the last 2 yrs.
mo maybe the usl has a few,if we can't beat them maybe we can buy them.
goodbye cunny its not been a slice....

James17930
07-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Well, he better only play in the reserve games from now on.

bdrs
07-23-2008, 10:26 PM
"Yes folks, Cunningham is officially the Milton Waddams of TFC."

hahahahahahaha

Carver: "hey Jeff.. wwwwwwwhat's happening? I'm gonna need you to go ahead and move your locker to the- boiler room.."

Cunningham is going to burn the building down... lololol

olegunnar
07-24-2008, 09:24 AM

Guess not.
It's all Beckham and Expansion articles from the Toronto people.

No mention at all of our highest paid striker being demoted to the reserves. :noidea: