PDA

View Full Version : Canada Camp Poutine vs Iceland 16 Jan, 19 Jan

Yohan
01-09-2015, 11:40 AM
http://www.canadasoccer.com/clear-plan-for-canada-mnt-ahead-of-iceland-friendlies-p157353

CANADA
GK- Sean Melvin | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
GK- Quillan Roberts | CAN / Toronto FC
GK- Kenny Stamatopoulos | SWE / AIK
D- Nana Attakora | unattached / sans club
D- Kevon Black | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
D- Jonathan Grant | CAN / Sigma FC
D- Dejan Jakovic | JPN / Shimizu S-Pulse
D- Manjrekar James | HUN / PMFC
D- Ashtone Morgan | CAN / Toronto FC
D- Karl W. Ouimette | CAN / Impact de Montréal
D- Adam Straith | unattached / sans club
D- Maxim Tissot | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Patrice Bernier | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Christoper Mannella | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Julian de Guzman | unattached / sans club
M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Issey Nakajima-Farran | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Samuel Piette | ESP / Deportivo la Coruña
M- Daniel Stanese | GER / FC Augsburg II
M- Russell Teibert | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
F- Caleb Clarke | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
F- Dwayne De Rosario | unattached / sans club
F- Iain Hume | IND / Kerala Blasters
F- Kyle Porter | unattached / sans club

Red CB Toronto
01-09-2015, 11:57 AM
Good to see DeRo still in the mix, I simply believe he is not done as a player. Also where will JDG end up next?

gmacpheetfc
01-09-2015, 12:06 PM
this team is awful, only bright spot for the nats right now is u20 u17s and potential of hoilett return

Yohan
01-09-2015, 12:09 PM
this team is awful, only bright spot for the nats right now is u20 u17s and potential of hoilett return
the other set of youngsters who'd get a look are playing in CONCACAF U20 tourney

gmacpheetfc
01-09-2015, 12:15 PM
A CIS all star team could beat them

Fort York Redcoat
01-09-2015, 12:16 PM
As many from TFC as unattached that WERE TFC.

I'll be looking for these scores but without tv I can't get too amped.

Fort York Redcoat
01-09-2015, 12:20 PM
A CIS all star team could beat them

Don't you mean timbits or your grandmother?

Do you watch CIS?

BuSaPuNk
01-09-2015, 01:08 PM
Nice to see Unattached FC in full effect lol

Can't believe Nana hasn't found a club yet. Would think he would be a cheap pickup for depth.

Derko
01-09-2015, 01:26 PM
Iceland will be interesting to watch, I saw them a few years back play against Norway, good football

Yohan
01-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Iceland will be interesting to watch, I saw them a few years back play against Norway, good football
they are bringing their fringe players. can't say I know much about Iceland team, but only name that popped out was Gislason.

mowe
01-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Wonder why Bekker didn't get called. Injury perhaps?

Yohan
01-09-2015, 02:05 PM
http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2015/01/09/11/46/150109-mnt-january-camp-roster-rel

Michael Bradley has been called up for US Camp Cupcake. The US camp is really long. 12 Jan to 8 Feb

gmacpheetfc
01-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Don't you mean timbits or your grandmother?

Do you watch CIS?

Half of these guys would struggle to get into the York Team.

Fort York Redcoat
01-09-2015, 03:09 PM

Can't wait to see these York players when they undoubtedly make a top level side. Thanks for scouting!

gmacpheetfc
01-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Can't wait to see these York players when they undoubtedly make a top level side. Thanks for scouting!

They won't and most of the kids playing in that Canada squad won't either, but the York kids will have BAs and MAs to actually earn a living.

Greatest Ripoff
01-09-2015, 03:38 PM

If these York guys are so good, then why are they not getting scholarships to play the NCAA like a a handful of these guys?

flamehawk
01-09-2015, 03:42 PM
http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2015/01/09/11/46/150109-mnt-january-camp-roster-rel

Michael Bradley has been called up for US Camp Cupcake. The US camp is really long. 12 Jan to 8 Feb

As has Akindele - I guess that ends the speculation and I suppose he did grow up there.

pdubs
01-09-2015, 04:11 PM
These players need to find clubs. Way to many unattached it is a disgrace. At least the U20 is exciting...

TFC07
01-09-2015, 04:33 PM
What type of players you guys except from a country without their own domestic league to bring on non-FIFA date? Plus, given our youth players (who make up good chuck of our current player pool these days) are busying playing in U-20 CONCACAF championship tournament, you aren't going to get a lot of quality players called up for this camp.

Player pool in Canada isn't deep due to lack of domestic soccer in this country. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who follows soccer in this country to see what type of players are being called up for this camp.

gmacpheetfc
01-09-2015, 04:36 PM
If these York guys are so good, then why are they not getting scholarships to play the NCAA like a a handful of these guys?

A few of the starters have played at good NCAA schools, I don't understand the CIS spite here...

I was just making a point that this squad is probably the worst assembled in the last 10 years and could be a factor in certain potential CMNT members not committing to Canada and or pursuing alternative options.

TFC1154ever
01-09-2015, 04:43 PM
I've seen York play. I don't know who chirping those guys but they're definitely not shit.

OgtheDim
01-09-2015, 04:49 PM
York U better then Canadian MNT?

I thought trolling like this only happened on twitter.

Not happy with the length of the US camp.

TFC07
01-09-2015, 04:56 PM
York U better then Canadian MNT?

I thought trolling like this only happened on twitter.

Not happy with the length of the US camp.

There's nothing we can do about it beside convince our players not to go these camps. MLS isn't going to shit about it since they're working with USSF, so up to us (TFC) to do something about it.

Greatest Ripoff
01-09-2015, 04:56 PM
A few of the starters have played at good NCAA schools, I don't understand the CIS spite here...

I was just making a point that this squad is probably the worst assembled in the last 10 years and could be a factor in certain potential CMNT members not committing to Canada and or pursuing alternative options.

No one is being spiteful towards York. We are just calling you on your bullshit. Go troll somewhere else.

RedsYNWA
01-09-2015, 05:20 PM
with that line up I think San Marino would crush Canada :facepalm:

Richard
01-09-2015, 05:31 PM
These players need to find clubs. Way to many unattached it is a disgrace. At least the U20 is exciting...

Yeah its time we not give bums off the street playing time, even if they contributed in the past for the team there is a reason they don't have any club.

Greatest Ripoff
01-09-2015, 05:58 PM
Yeah its time we not give bums off the street playing time, even if they contributed in the past for the team there is a reason they don't have any club.

Having you been watching Canada play lately? You honestly don't think Straith or Deguzman have earner their spot under Floro?

Richard
01-09-2015, 06:07 PM
Having you been watching Canada play lately? You honestly don't think Straith or Deguzman have earner their spot under Floro?

No I have not.

Neither of these players has had a club since July 1st 2014. 6 months with no competitive league games. That's why I had made the judgement, on the face of it they are washed up.

If you haven't found a club for that long and through now two transfer periods you must not have a lot of selling points, apparently no manager in the world cares about how they have played for Canada.

Greatest Ripoff
01-09-2015, 06:17 PM
No I have not.

Neither of these players has had a club since July 1st 2014. 6 months with no competitive league games. That's why I had made the judgement, on the face of it they are washed up.

If you haven't found a club for that long and through now two transfer periods you must not have a lot of selling points, apparently no manager in the world cares about how they have played for Canada.

One manager does care how well they play for Canada, and that is the Canadian manager. That is why he keeps picking them, because they are playing well for Canada. Are you saying he should pick players who play well and earn their spot?

Richard
01-09-2015, 06:52 PM
One manager does care how well they play for Canada, and that is the Canadian manager. That is why he keeps picking them, because they are playing well for Canada. Are you saying he should pick players who play well and earn their spot?

Should the manager choose either of these players 6 months from now if they still haven't found a club?

You cant have a successful national team if your players are not in competitive football.

I think its an aberration, it was also friendlies but I wont say that there isn't anything to play for in those games.

I get they played well, I'm going to take your word on that, he should play them if he thinks it helps.

Once matches with real purpose are being played and these guys are there(with no club or league play time), don't look to far to see why there might be failure.

gmacpheetfc
01-09-2015, 08:44 PM
No one is being spiteful towards York. We are just calling you on your bullshit. Go troll somewhere else.

Benito Floro is an old cracker who has no idea what he is doing.

Greatest Ripoff
01-10-2015, 04:01 AM
Benito Floro is an old cracker who has no idea what he is doing.

Says who? If he had no clue what he us doing then why was he calling up JGL to the national team when he was a youth team player for Montreal that no one had heard of? Since getting picked out of nowhere by Floro, JGL has become a pro footballer with Montreal, had interest from clubs in Italy and has become one of our best u20 player in a extremely talented group. I think that shows he knows what he is doing.

I've only been to one match since Floro took over (craven cottage, v Australia) and despite the result, I could not believe the improvement of their play.

gmacpheetfc
01-10-2015, 08:09 AM
I just wanted to show you what actual trolling looked like.

I agree. Still think the squad is shocking.

OgtheDim
01-10-2015, 08:15 AM
I just wanted to show you what actual trolling looked like.

Buddy, some of us have been dealing with internet trolls for 30 years. Don't bother with the excuses.

andmat
01-10-2015, 10:30 AM
Nice to see Ian Hume back since the gold cup, Also what happen'd to will Johnson have not seen him play for the national team in a long time?

zeelaw
01-10-2015, 10:38 AM
Nice to see Ian Hume back since the gold cup, Also what happen'd to will Johnson have not seen him play for the national team in a long time?
WJ is essentially American and has seem to of lost any interest in anything that's not a competitive game :/

Pint
01-10-2015, 10:50 AM
WJ is essentially American and has seem to of lost any interest in anything that's not a competitive game :/

Didn't he tear his acl while playing against us? Doubt he would be healed from that yet.

Also WJ did say he would play in the Oct friendlies before he got injured, we will have him for gold cup.

zeelaw
01-10-2015, 12:00 PM
Didn't he tear his acl while playing against us? Doubt he would be healed from that yet.

Also WJ did say he would play in the Oct friendlies before he got injured, we will have him for gold cup.
Before the ACL break he was turning down call ups if I remember correctly.

KGH
01-10-2015, 12:59 PM
He didn't tear an ac . He broke his leg going for a 50/50 with bloom. Happened at BMO and he had surgery in TO.

ryan
01-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Before the ACL break he was turning down call ups if I remember correctly.

Wasn't one of the callups surrounding a family event?

Yohan
01-16-2015, 04:42 PM
http://goatd.net/100662/watch-canada-vs-iceland

now. 1-0 Iceland.

Shway
01-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Now 2-0....

This looks like the mls combine matches.

TFC07
01-16-2015, 05:29 PM
Despite score line, Canada is playing well. Iceland is capitalizing on Canada's backline inability to defend in the air.

PopePouri
01-16-2015, 05:30 PM
3 defensive mids in the middle with Tiebert and Oso on the wings? We're obviously not scoring with that setup.

Fort York Redcoat
01-17-2015, 01:38 PM
http://goatd.net/100662/watch-canada-vs-iceland

now. 1-0 Iceland.

That was all on Nana, too. no more pies mr.

Fort York Redcoat
01-17-2015, 01:41 PM
3 defensive mids in the middle with Tiebert and Oso on the wings? We're obviously not scoring with that setup.

Um with DeGuzman up top that was definitely gonna be a big question but he did knock the ball on to Hume for a couple chances. Not great chances but chances.

It was a great get together at Scally's though. A small group of us knocking the pints back and waxing about how busy an international sched is this year. Good times ahead!