PDA

View Full Version : Season Opener - Vancouver March 7th

Hamilton_Red
01-09-2015, 01:15 AM
Who's all going this year? Are we going to have our own section again like last year?

Seatle on Labour day weekend looks pretty good for us West Coasters as well.

KidA
01-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Currently that is the plan. I believe our best option is to use this thread to keep track of numbers for Vancouver and another thread later for Seattle. I'm looking at 2 tickets for myself. I believe themodelcitizen will also be going with 2. Anyone else?

Jeffro
01-12-2015, 03:55 PM
I imagine I'll be there assuming I can get the day off work.

KidA
01-13-2015, 01:10 PM
Contacted Whitecaps FO and they have asked for numbers. If all those interested in going would let me know how many tickets they need I can get this sorted so we can be all together in a section. I understand that a large number of supporters so we will have fewer numbers than last year in Seattle. But, let's see if we can be just as loud.

Supporting
01-13-2015, 01:50 PM
I understand that a large number of supporters so we will have fewer numbers than last year in Seattle.

what?

German21
01-13-2015, 07:17 PM
I will be at the game!!

KidA
01-14-2015, 12:19 PM
what?

That was supposed to read

"I understand there are a large number of supporters going to Columbus so I don't expect the same number at the Vancouver game. "

Edit:

German21: Would you like me to put you on our list to ensure we are all together in the same section or will you be seated elsewhere?

Dunkers
01-14-2015, 01:18 PM
Im in for 2 for now, will see if I can round up some more. Do we have a date to get numbers in by?

natderaj
01-15-2015, 11:01 AM
I'm working in Vancouver until May so you can count me in for a ticket to see Jozy bang them in against the Whitecaps!

In other words, add 1 to the list.

Hamilton_Red
01-15-2015, 08:41 PM
I'll be going for sure. Not sure if my son can make it.

TFCwestcan
01-16-2015, 12:32 AM
I am tentatively in for one ticket, looking forward to seeing all the west coaster regulars. I better get organized it's not far away.

ndtoronto
01-16-2015, 12:40 AM
I'm in for a ticket. My wife can take the kids to the Aquarium for the afternoon. I've told some TFC fans out here in Victoria that The RPB would likely be putting in an order for away supporters section tickets. I can get some concrete numbers when the time comes. A 3pm kickoff is perfect for us Islanders, we can do a walk on on the ferry and head home the same day

Had a blast last year in Seattle.

KidA
01-16-2015, 02:13 PM
Im in for 2 for now, will see if I can round up some more. Do we have a date to get numbers in by?

No final date for numbers yet but the sooner the better. I'll contact Whitecaps FO and see when he needs them by.

themodelcitizen
01-16-2015, 07:46 PM
Heard from Whitecaps ticketing and we're apparently looking at $45 each all-in for a ticket. Seems a bit of a scam but this is apparently considered a "premium match" while last year's V-Cup was not. Not too happy but not sure what options we have. I think I'm still good for 3 in total.

drewwiner
01-17-2015, 11:54 PM
Looking for four tickets at least for this one. Some of us are coming out from Toronto; staying at the Georgian court hotel!

KidA
01-20-2015, 07:22 PM
Looking for four tickets at least for this one. Some of us are coming out from Toronto; staying at the Georgian court hotel!

Got you down! So far we are going to be approximately 20. Make sure you spread the word.

ChrisFizik
01-20-2015, 08:33 PM
hey guys! I've been a bit on the fence on this one/slacking - sister out of town, and this thing about a Columbus trip the following weekend..but preeeeety sure I will cave. So count me in the numbers for 1. Can't pass up the season opener.

TorontoGooner
01-21-2015, 01:28 PM
Still to find cheaper flights. I'm out at the moment

themodelcitizen
01-21-2015, 04:20 PM
Beauty! Looks like we'll be in 218-219.

Haven't heard a deadline yet for numbers but get 'em in now if you can.

Toronto visitors - you coming for a couple of days? Should meet up for a few drinks the night before (and of course pre-game)

jloome
01-21-2015, 04:27 PM
It'll depend on how the books are selling next month; if they're good, I'm going to see if I can get the wife to join me and fly over from Edmonton. P. cheap on WestJet.

dow117
01-21-2015, 09:24 PM
I will be there , need 1 ticket for sure ...Will let you know if more. Need a pre game pub nomination ... last time was Malone's which was not great ....

KidA
01-22-2015, 03:19 PM
I will be there , need 1 ticket for sure ...Will let you know if more. Need a pre game pub nomination ... last time was Malone's which was not great ....

Not sure if people would be interested but there's Johnnie Foxes Irish Pub on Granville. I think a pub would be a better starting point than some of the restaurants that are nearby. I'll take a look around town and come up with another option as well

Red CB Toronto
01-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Not sure if people would be interested but there's Johnnie Foxes Irish Pub on Granville. I think a pub would be a better starting point than some of the restaurants that are nearby. I'll take a look around town and come up with another option as well

From my experience you can take the water taxi from Granville Island across the bay to within earshot of BC Place.

themodelcitizen
01-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Looks like tickets are actually $35 for what it's worth, not sure if KidA worked his magic on the ticket rep but that's better hah!

TFCwestcan
01-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Looks like tickets are actually $35 for what it's worth, not sure if KidA worked his magic on the ticket rep but that's better hah!

That is way less that what I paid to see the Timbers play Chivas. I think with the exchange it was over $60.

TFCwestcan
01-24-2015, 10:23 AM
With the CBA talk I am a wee bit concerned about a work stoppage, still a bit a bit of greenery during the late winter would not be bad.

dow117
01-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Robbo has quietly been putting together a very decent team in Vancouver that are exciting to watch; Carl is another resource TFC let go in spite of the leadership and promising coaching career ahead. MLSE may have the money but serious lack of vision. One can only hope : will it be this year ???

spe18
01-25-2015, 04:09 PM
Beauty! Looks like we'll be in 218-219.

Haven't heard a deadline yet for numbers but get 'em in now if you can.

Toronto visitors - you coming for a couple of days? Should meet up for a few drinks the night before (and of course pre-game)

I'm from Toronto (well, Ajax actually), and I am also thinking of going to Vancouver for the game, so I would be in for 1 ticket.

So just to clarify, are tickets been bought for the group, or would they be bought individually for sections 218-219?

MarkinVanCity
01-25-2015, 07:08 PM
I was at last year's season opener in Seattle and the match in May in Vancouver. I'll be at this season's season opener and the September game in Seattle too. :) Cannot wait! I was expecting for a game in Portland and was bracing for the drive but was THRILLED to a game in Seattle!

KidA
01-26-2015, 12:13 AM
Spe18 - I've added you to the list. As for tickets I will try to arrange it so we can all contact the rep to purchase the tickets separately. However at least if I give him numbers we can be assured our section together.

MarkinVanCity - Mark do you want me to count you into our numbers for a ticket?

KidA
01-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Update:

It appears as if tickets will be available for purchasing starting next week. I am working with the Whitecaps FO to see if we can get a promo code so that everyone can purchase their own tickets in our area. If you have any questions regarding our section please let me know so I can bring them forward. Just over a month away!!

natderaj
01-29-2015, 12:43 PM
If you're still taking numbers, I have a friend who would like to come as well so that would be +1 to the list.

KidA
01-29-2015, 04:40 PM
If you're still taking numbers, I have a friend who would like to come as well so that would be +1 to the list.

Got it!! Wonder if we will have a larger turnout if Giovinco ends up coming over early.

TFCwestcan
01-31-2015, 12:42 AM
Kid A, change tentative ticket for one to certain and add a second ticket as I have a friend who is interested. Thanks!

After seeing Dafoe in Seattle it will be awesome to see Giovinco in Vancouver.

Hieberrr
01-31-2015, 10:11 AM
Any visibility on the prices?

KidA
02-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Last I talked to Whitecaps FO they will be $35 each. I will message those interested the email address, phone number, and name of the person to contact to purchase your tickets.

MightyDM
02-03-2015, 05:58 PM
Thanks for organizing. I am in for one.

MarkInVictoria
02-04-2015, 05:59 PM
I'm in for probably 4. Looking forward to seeing the western supporters again.

I've already written off my voice for March 8/9/10.

KidA
02-04-2015, 06:38 PM
I've penciled everyone in for tickets that has posted or messaged me so far. Looking like another good turn out for the season opener by the looks of it. I'm still waiting to hear from Whitecaps FO regarding our ticket purchase. Hopefully he calls me shortly.

KidA
02-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Ticket details have been organized. I will be sending messages to all those that have posted on here and contacted me. $35 per ticket in section 219.

MightyDM
02-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Ticket details have been organized. I will be sending messages to all those that have posted on here and contacted me. $35 per ticket in section 219.

Well done again and thank you.

dow117
02-06-2015, 10:08 PM
Sent an email to Seth for my ticket , Thanks for doing this - Great Stuff !! CMONUREDS... open like last year "W"

Qman
02-09-2015, 10:05 PM
with the status of the CBA neg. still far apart, i won't book airline or hotels yet, or at least pay for anything yet.
tix you can always get your money back or worst case resell.

Red CB Toronto
02-09-2015, 10:19 PM
with the status of the CBA neg. still far apart, i won't book airline or hotels yet, or at least pay for anything yet.
tix you can always get your money back or worst case resell.

Jump on it now, don't let the prices go up, if there is a lockout you will at least have a few nice days of vaca in Vancouver, a pretty beautiful part of the world.

TFCwestcan
02-10-2015, 12:11 AM
Thanks Kid A for the org on your end. Fingers crossed that the season will open on time, there a lot at stake with the new expansion teams. If not i'll enjoy a visit with friends on the coast.

Next bit of org is finding the correct pub....

dow117
02-10-2015, 01:25 PM
Got my ticket in section 219 .. Thanks for organizing this. Now to find a pre game pub ... anyone ???

KidA
02-10-2015, 03:04 PM
I was leaning towards Johnnie Foxes. http://www.johnniefox.ca/ It's on Granville St. It's about a 10 minute walk to the stadium and away from the official VWFC supporters pubs. Welcome to any other suggestions as well. I figured a pub would be more welcoming.

Hamilton_Red
02-11-2015, 12:56 AM
I got two tickets from Seth today. Looking forward to the game. Suggest a different pub than last year - they weren't too accommodating. Might want to book a table/area in advance if possible.

Steve

MarkinVanCity
02-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Just picked up two tickets from Seth earlier today. Thanks for organizing this!

He said there are about 20 of us so far .... hoping we can double that number before the day of the game! It would be nice to have a bigger presence than in last year's game.

Look forward to seeing everybody there!

themodelcitizen
02-11-2015, 04:05 PM
Johnnie Foxes sounds alright if a little tight space-wise? Then again it will be hard to find somewhere that 20+ of us can slip into easily.

If anyone still needs tickets, DM me or KidA if you need the phone # to call Seth Gordon at Whitecaps' ticketing. $35 each, let's keep filling out this area and get an even bigger turnout than the V-Cup last year...

ndtoronto
02-11-2015, 11:45 PM
Going to call The Ticket Office in the morning and get a ticket.

Anyone leaving from Victoria on the day of the game on the ferry? Likely going to catch a morning ferry and catch the last one back the same day.

Hamilton_Red
02-12-2015, 02:05 AM
Hey ND - me and my son Duncan will be on the ferry round trip for the game. Will walk on and take the bus/skytrain downtown. Let me know which ferry you go for - we can meet up.

A Stick
02-12-2015, 12:09 PM
Hey Kid A;

Please put me down for a ticket if I am not too late!

Cheers;

A Stick

KidA
02-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Hey Kid A;

Please put me down for a ticket if I am not too late!

Cheers;

A Stick

Got you covered. Sent you a DM.

dow117
02-12-2015, 10:23 PM
Johnnie Foxes pub ... going ... going .... gone!! sold to the guys in red !!!. Looks like this the pre game venue then , unless there is another suggestion. :drinking:

ndtoronto
02-13-2015, 09:51 PM
Got my ticket today. Looks like everything in 219 is gone. They put me in 221. There is no section 220.

Closer to the corner flag than to mid field but we are still altogether

TFCwestcan
02-13-2015, 11:37 PM
Got my ticket today. Looks like everything in 219 is gone. They put me in 221. There is no section 220.

Closer to the corner flag than to mid field but we are still altogether

Got my tickets today I too am in 221, Seth thinks the number is close to 40, alright!

http://www.johnniefox.ca

KidA
02-15-2015, 07:52 PM
I'm going to call Seth tomorrow and verify we are all in the same section. He informed me we would be in 219. I'll ask to make sure we are all together so there are no issues.

Ivy
02-15-2015, 08:06 PM
KidA - you do some amazing work for these west coast trips. I salute you sir.

KidA
02-16-2015, 11:26 AM
No need to thank me. themodelcitizen started the ball rolling this year.

Edit:

Spoke with Seth this morning and he informed me that people will be in section 219 and 221 as they are linked with no aisle in between. One long row apparently. Guess we will see on game day how this works out. I'm also going to work on a banner of sorts for the game this month. Even if we have 40 or so my aim is to be as loud as our 50+ in Seattle last year.

themodelcitizen
02-18-2015, 02:41 PM
No need to thank me. themodelcitizen started the ball rolling this year.

Edit:

Spoke with Seth this morning and he informed me that people will be in section 219 and 221 as they are linked with no aisle in between. One long row apparently. Guess we will see on game day how this works out. I'm also going to work on a banner of sorts for the game this month. Even if we have 40 or so my aim is to be as loud as our 50+ in Seattle last year.

Great idea, any idea if we need to clear banners/flagpoles etc first? As I recall there was in issue in Seattle last year with some of the guys?

TorontoGooner
02-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Great idea, any idea if we need to clear banners/flagpoles etc first? As I recall there was in issue in Seattle last year with some of the guys?

The issue in Seattle was not so much the staff themselves, more the space available. I ended up drunkardly hanging a banner up over a twenty foot concrete drop

KidA
02-18-2015, 07:23 PM
I had no issues bringing in a flag last year for the Canadian championship match. I don't think there will be an issue as I doubt they will be extremely large. I have my RPB flag and might be in the process of making another flag/banner as well to wave about.

Stugatzo
02-19-2015, 10:19 AM
Can someone send me the link for tix? I need one maybe two.
Thanks!

KidA
02-19-2015, 06:09 PM
Thanks!

Sent you a DM

MarkinVanCity
02-22-2015, 01:41 AM
I sat directly behind the TFC bench in Seattle last year but this year I want to sit with the other supporters. Let me know when it's time to buy a ticket for that game as well!!!

KidA
02-22-2015, 02:13 PM
I sat directly behind the TFC bench in Seattle last year but this year I want to sit with the other supporters. Let me know when it's time to buy a ticket for that game as well!!!

I'll get in contact with Seattle's FO once it gets closer to the game. I'm going to say by end of July/August I'll start arranging that trip.

ChrisFizik
02-23-2015, 09:30 PM
Thanks!

aw man, big man Stu is in? good stuff, but I"m sad to say I'm gonna pull the plug on my ambitions for this trip.
Sat on the fence forever and sorry but the flight and the draw to be at home here for our AGM and opener remains...so I'm gonna skip this. Kinda depressed about it.
Seattle then!

ChrisFizik
02-23-2015, 09:42 PM
The issue in Seattle was not so much the staff themselves, more the space available. I ended up drunkardly hanging a banner up over a twenty foot concrete drop

goood times. :)

Yeah we had issues in Seattle for sure, endless debate with airhead stadium staff heh. But I think the situation in BC place is easier as KidA says.

So since I"m not gonna make it, anyone from toronto who's flying out want to take an extra banner in their carry on? The RPB Road Warrior banner (and maybe a flag) will be arranged to travel with someone via Fort York Redcoat; Any takers? Fits in a carryon if you're not taking anything else onboard.

dow117
02-25-2015, 03:14 PM
Picking up tix at Gate "H" on game day !!

MarkInVictoria
02-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Got tickets for me plus one in 219.

Look forward to seeing everyone!

Denham
02-26-2015, 10:13 PM
Can you send me the link for the tickets.

themodelcitizen
02-27-2015, 04:15 PM
Strike looking more likely, game could be moved to a random midweek date in the middle of the season. Would suck for those who have already bought plane tickets. Oh well, we can go sit on the beach together

OgtheDim
02-27-2015, 11:08 PM
FWIW
REF: KEVIN STOTT
AR1: Mike Rottersman
AR2: Marco Arruda
4TH: Baboucarr Jallow

Stott is 48 years old this year.

dow117
02-27-2015, 11:59 PM
FWIW
REF: KEVIN STOTT
AR1: Mike Rottersman
AR2: Marco Arruda
4TH: Baboucarr Jallow

Stott is 48 years old this year.

Red Dulls vs. SKC got red card Toledo , so we may have dodged a bullet. In the end, it doesnt matter who the ref is , most MLS refs are game changers

Hieberrr
02-28-2015, 04:06 PM
I don't know anyone and considering heading Down to Shoeless by myself. I assume everyone is coming with someone?

ChrisFizik
02-28-2015, 04:29 PM
I don't know anyone and considering heading Down to Shoeless by myself. I assume everyone is coming with someone?

Oh Hieberrr, this thread is mostly devoted to match day planning for those going to the game in Vancouver - as for at home, many many of us will be converging on Shoeless that day, so you just need to come down! There will be plenty of friendly faces and please say hi! Look in the members lounge for info

MarkinVanCity
03-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Chatter and news related to the league's CBA seems minimal at this point. I can't find any stories of substance at this point.

What are people hearing regarding CBA progress at this point?

Cashcleaner
03-01-2015, 04:13 PM
I don't know anyone and considering heading down to Shoeless by myself. I assume everyone is coming with someone?

We're going to be coming down in droves at Shoeless. Trust me, it's where you want to be for this away game. :D

ndtoronto
03-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Anyone still waiting for their tickets to come in the mail? I have bit received mine yet and I ordered close to a month ago

themodelcitizen
03-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Anyone still waiting for their tickets to come in the mail? I have bit received mine yet and I ordered close to a month ago

Mine came on Friday I think, if its not in the mailbox tomorrow maybe try calling Seth.

dow117
03-02-2015, 10:30 PM

I called Seth when I did not receive ticket in mail, he arranged for me to to pick up tix on game day at Gate H

themodelcitizen
03-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Getting jacked for this if we can avoid a strike :flare:

Was everyone able to get the tickets they need? I may be left with 1 extra, trying to offload it now.

GBV
03-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Early betting line, via pinnaclesports.com:

Vancouver +110
Toronto +280
Draw +243

O/U:
2.5 under -128
2.5 over +113

Jeffro
03-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Getting jacked for this if we can avoid a strike :flare:

Was everyone able to get the tickets they need? I may be left with 1 extra, trying to offload it now.

I would love to take that extra ticket off your hands!

themodelcitizen
03-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Johnnie Foxes can accommodate us, just spoke to a guy there. Not the biggest bar so some people might be stuck w/ standing room but that should be fine?

Roll-call, who's coming in on a ferry that day? Driving in from the 'burbs? Waking up at their hotel room in a drunken/weed-induced stupour and stumbling over?

MarkInVictoria
03-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Coming over on the Swartz Bay-Tsawwassen ferry sometime that morning. Staying in town overnight, so it should be a good night regardless.

ChrisFizik
03-03-2015, 10:30 PM
just to add to your excitement guys,

https://twitter.com/iamdavidmiller/status/572903085418409984

Hope everything works out, wish I was there of course!

Manager87
03-03-2015, 11:10 PM
Hopefully there isnt a strike and that all of you going enjoy the game

Cashcleaner
03-04-2015, 08:56 AM
just to add to your excitement guys,

https://twitter.com/iamdavidmiller/status/572903085418409984

Hope everything works out, wish I was there of course!

It's times like these when I wish the forums should have LIKE button. Have a great time out there, Chris!

Fort York Redcoat
03-04-2015, 09:04 AM
So since I"m not gonna make it, anyone from toronto who's flying out want to take an extra banner in their carry on? The RPB Road Warrior banner (and maybe a flag) will be arranged to travel with someone via @Fort York Redcoat (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/member.php?u=257); Any takers? Fits in a carryon if you're not taking anything else onboard.

The road banner is unavailable for this trip. I couldn't get at it. Luckily we got KidA working on one! Good Luck bud!!

A Stick
03-04-2015, 09:48 AM
Is anyone else flying out to Vancouver tomorrow night on the 8:00pm Air Canada flight?

Inklink
03-04-2015, 10:03 AM
"Good morning TFC, can you duone me 50 mediaguide, I work for news460."

;););) I'M READY FOR THE SEASON BOYS!

TOBOR !
03-04-2015, 11:20 AM
^ LOL.

Auzzy
03-04-2015, 11:52 AM
"Good morning TFC, can you duone me 50 mediaguide, I work for news460."

;););) I'M READY FOR THE SEASON BOYS!

What no jetsey this time?

ndtoronto
03-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Ticket arrived yesterday. What time are the pre game festivities kicking off at Johnnie Fox's

Taking the 9am ferry from Victoria

KidA
03-04-2015, 12:48 PM
I will be walking down to Johnnie Fox's for about noon. Since the game is at 3PM my suggestion is to start heading to the stadium around 2PM. I'll have a flag and banner ready for the festivities.

denMAR
03-04-2015, 01:02 PM
When it says "Bell Pitch" I hope it means that Bell is sponsoring the field. Not that you'll have to listen to a Bell Pitch after the game. :wink5:

drewwiner
03-04-2015, 03:47 PM
Is there an unofficial official meetup before the game? Go to Gas Town and rub up against the RCB?

portu
03-04-2015, 06:02 PM
With Bendik and Caldwell supposedly up all hours are they going to get starts on sarturday?

KidA
03-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Is there an unofficial official meetup before the game? Go to Gas Town and rub up against the RCB?

Currently planning on meeting up at Johnnie Fox's at noon on Granville St.

Red CB Toronto
03-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Life is great, GAME ON everyone, new CBA is in place, have a great time at BC Place as the Reds come away from victory.

Toronto2988
03-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Looks like my saturday afternoon opened up. going to try and find a ticket at witness my first MLS match.
you might see me as the sole person wearing red in a sea of blue and white :)

themodelcitizen
03-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Come to the bar beforehand and see if anyone is left with extras in our section

MarkinVanCity
03-05-2015, 02:34 PM
I haven't been THIS excited for an MLS game in a very LONGGGGG time.

Full disclosure - for many years I was a credentialed member of the media (press/photography) for MLS so I have a pretty intimate knowledge of the league, players, management, etc. But that said - sitting with fellow supports in a rival's stadium is something that is still very exciting for me! =)

jloome
03-05-2015, 04:06 PM
I haven't been THIS excited for an MLS game in a very LONGGGGG time.

Full disclosure - for many years I was a credentialed member of the media (press/photography) for MLS so I have a pretty intimate knowledge of the league, players, management, etc. But that said - sitting with fellow supports in a rival's stadium is something that is still very exciting for me! =)

You probably know my former reporter David Carrigg then, at the Sun. I think there are a few former Sun people out there; know any Edmonton shooters?

KidA
03-05-2015, 07:50 PM
To those that will be attending here are some to learn if you don't already know...

Song 1 (https://soundcloud.com/redpatchboys/yankee-general-michael-bradley-red-patch-boys-toronto-fc-chant?in=redpatchboys/sets/voice-in-the-stands-toronto-fc-supporter-chants)

Song 2 (https://soundcloud.com/redpatchboys/tfc-bounce-red-patch-boys-toronto-fc-chant?in=redpatchboys/sets/voice-in-the-stands-toronto-fc-supporter-chants)

Song 3 (https://soundcloud.com/redpatchboys/cant-get-enough-red-patch-boys-toronto-fc-chant?in=redpatchboys/sets/voice-in-the-stands-toronto-fc-supporter-chants)

There are plenty more but lets make sure we're together in unison and loud!

spe18
03-05-2015, 11:25 PM
Currently planning on meeting up at Johnnie Fox's at noon on Granville St.

Just to make sure, would this be at 1033 Granville St? I think I might be staying at a hostel that is close to there.

TFCwestcan
03-06-2015, 12:14 AM
What a couple of days it has been - from the almost for certain strike action to the 11th hour deal, and the realization that yes there will be a game. First time in BC place for me. see you all at Johnny Foxes.

drewwiner
03-06-2015, 12:43 AM
If anyone wants to prelude this noon startup with an 11am @ the BCLC at Alberni & Bute. Ill be there.

MarkInVictoria
03-06-2015, 12:45 AM
Buying my voice drinks. Getting ready to let it down easy. Because Saturday, it's goodbye.

https://scontent-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10003474_10152777092216006_926496219603108699_n.jp g?oh=711bbfc20228bae829d45e7fab3ac260&oe=557E707A

Toronto2988
03-06-2015, 01:01 AM
I'll be sure to come to Johnnie Fox's around 1:00. Interesting place for a pregame meet since the Southsiders pub is 30 seconds away from there.

Hamilton_Red
03-06-2015, 01:03 AM
Getting pumped for this now... hoping for a repeat of Seattle! Come to think of it...I'm a 100% win rate seeing TFC on the West coast...compares to my 16% win rate as a season ticket holder in Toronto : )

Hope Giovinco and Jozy do the business - this is a much better team than last year.

ChrisFizik
03-06-2015, 09:54 AM
To those that will be attending here are some to learn if you don't already know...

Song 1 (https://soundcloud.com/redpatchboys/yankee-general-michael-bradley-red-patch-boys-toronto-fc-chant?in=redpatchboys/sets/voice-in-the-stands-toronto-fc-supporter-chants)

Song 2 (https://soundcloud.com/redpatchboys/tfc-bounce-red-patch-boys-toronto-fc-chant?in=redpatchboys/sets/voice-in-the-stands-toronto-fc-supporter-chants)

Song 3 (https://soundcloud.com/redpatchboys/cant-get-enough-red-patch-boys-toronto-fc-chant?in=redpatchboys/sets/voice-in-the-stands-toronto-fc-supporter-chants)

There are plenty more but lets make sure we're together in unison and loud!

FTFY :) protip: wrap in 'soundcloudtrack' tags

https://soundcloud.com/redpatchboys/yankee-general-michael-bradley-red-patch-boys-toronto-fc-chant?in=redpatchboys/sets/voice-in-the-stands-toronto-fc-supporter-chants

https://soundcloud.com/redpatchboys/tfc-bounce-red-patch-boys-toronto-fc-chant?in=redpatchboys/sets/voice-in-the-stands-toronto-fc-supporter-chants

https://soundcloud.com/redpatchboys/cant-get-enough-red-patch-boys-toronto-fc-chant?in=redpatchboys/sets/voice-in-the-stands-toronto-fc-supporter-chants

good on all of you for converging on VanCity - esp all the ol' Seattle road warriors kru! Will be lookin for you on tv!

cheers

natderaj
03-06-2015, 10:18 AM
So excited for tomorrow! I'll see you all at Johnnie Fox's before the match.

Can't believe I didn't pack a Toronto Kit when moving here but I'll definitely be in red!

KidA
03-06-2015, 10:30 AM
That looks a lot better that's for sure. I'll have to keep note for next time when planning Seattle.

Hamilton_Red
03-06-2015, 10:19 PM
I was the opening camera shot on TSN last year in Seattle with my son Duncan and his buddy Rico (legendary hair). Here's for a repeat of that day...if not the season!

Hamilton_Red
03-06-2015, 10:25 PM
Should add - my son has come down with the flu - so I'll likely have a spare ticket for Section 219 tomorrow. Message me if you want it.

MarkInVictoria
03-07-2015, 10:10 AM
(To Volare)

Giovinco!
Oh oooooh!
Giovinco!
Oh oooooh!
He came from Italy
To play for TFC
Giovinco!
Oh oooooh!

Cashcleaner
03-07-2015, 10:26 AM
So pumped for this game! Can't wait to meet you guys all at Shoeless. Been TOOOOO long of an offseason. :D

MarkinVanCity
03-07-2015, 05:45 PM
TFC fans settling in at BC Place! Lets go Reds!!!

ndtoronto
03-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Trying not to be smug looking at the Whitecaps fans on the 7 pm ferry back to Victoria

Freely drinking beers while they sip on coffee

Reality sucks

I'm elated as asked TFC fan. A score was thrown around the pre game public house at 4- 1. Laughter followed. Not far off not far off.

Just glad Caldwell didn't score.

Allez Allez

PS Thanks to KidA. Seamless ticket process to pre game bar to our seats

Hamilton_Red
03-08-2015, 02:24 AM
Made the 9pm ferry... What a day.. Great performance. Gio looks the business & what a start for Jozy! ND is buying beers for the whole Island Supporters club when Caldwell scores a winner.

KidA
03-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Thanks to everyone that came out to this match. Having everyone together made the win that much better.

themodelcitizen
03-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Great game, great day, great atmosphere. See you guys for the next one

MarkinVanCity
03-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Was terrific, folks!

Can't wait to see everybody in Seattle in September!

Tried to upload a few screen captures from TSN but without any luck.

Hamilton_Red
03-08-2015, 03:05 PM
oooft feeling a wee bit fragile today! That was a great day - fun meeting the west coast supporters again. I'm 100% on season openers since coming out to the west!

I was the one laughing at the 4-1 prediction... would have loved to eat a full helping of crow pie. The way we killed off the game after going ahead 2-1 was class - they didn't look dangerous after that point. It was clear that Robinson had them playing high tempo in the first half and that they couldn't keep that up for 90 minutes. We weathered the storm in the first half and our new signings class came through. It will get better from here.

SmilesAndCries
03-08-2015, 03:30 PM
Was terrific, folks!

Can't wait to see everybody in Seattle in September!

Tried to upload a few screen captures from TSN but without any luck.

missed the game yesterday. hoping to make the Seattle trip in september.

Hamilton_Red
03-08-2015, 03:54 PM
What was the story with the agro at the end of the game yesterday. Did the guy that got kicked out get into any bother?

ChrisFizik
03-08-2015, 04:15 PM
glad to hear the day went well everyone. big ups KidA; and all that made stuff happen on the ground and travelwise.
Multiple big roars went up at Shoeless as they showed bits of you guys on the tv feed. Loved it.

Just remembering now about word trickling to us about someone getting sent out/taken out because of threats for Whitecaps fans? ppl getting in someone's face? That story will surface I guess

anyways - yeah! good stuff overall, and the result, oh the sweetness.

Post some pics in here please!

MarkInVictoria
03-09-2015, 10:59 AM
Great day!

Just noticed that, for anyone planning on going to Seattle on Labour Day weekend, it's the same weekend as Bumbershoot Festival. This means that there will be tons of bands playing that weekend. But it also means that hotels will be ridiculous.

Past line-ups here:

http://bumbershoot.org/lineup/history/

barticusz
03-09-2015, 11:05 AM
For those that care here is Kristian Jack's take on TFC.. He states we dictated both halves.

http://www.tsn.ca/superb-away-performance-from-tfc-1.225210

dow117
03-09-2015, 03:59 PM
glad to hear the day went well everyone. big ups @KidA (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/member.php?u=41463); and all that made stuff happen on the ground and travelwise.
Multiple big roars went up at Shoeless as they showed bits of you guys on the tv feed. Loved it.

Just remembering now about word trickling to us about someone getting sent out/taken out because of threats for Whitecaps fans? ppl getting in someone's face? That story will surface I guess

anyways - yeah! good stuff overall, and the result, oh the sweetness.

Post some pics in here please!

Yes, there was a bit of a scuffle / name calling as Security kept us behind while the Caps fans exited. A few of their fans threw beer into our section as they left... same as at Altidore after he taunted them with the penalty... that's not cool..

Some of them were really belligerent and waited in the Lobby for a few TFC supporters but like everything in Vancity after any defeat, the sky is falling routine becomes wearisome... all in all, no real problems on our part
We actually marched to the Stadium with some Southsiders in front of us and all was well ....

ChrisFizik
03-09-2015, 08:27 PM
thanks for the update - to be expected, esp the way BC place sets us up ..but whatever, all part of the adventure

saw these two snaps today, so much love for the large group one. Well done guys. And there's a bit of your AllForOne banner KidA; came out good! Wish there was a railing hehe

http://i.imgur.com/fUTvat5h.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/fUTvat5.jpg)

http://i.imgur.com/jzlzEfgh.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/jzlzEfg.jpg)

(via https://www.flickr.com/photos/vosie/16574209390/)

Any shots from the pub?

KidA
03-09-2015, 11:42 PM
I don't believe anyone took photos at the pub but there may be video popping up sometime in the near future. Once that happens I'm sure we will all post about it.

JayMolly
03-10-2015, 11:41 PM
Video up on youtube, TFC away to Vancouver. Terrace trouble halfway through.

http://youtu.be/HlcnXqtcMbE

Defoe
03-10-2015, 11:53 PM

omg don't kill me ahhhah

Defoe
03-11-2015, 12:02 AM
I think those Whitecaps fans have been watching to much green street

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJBYWl92Cb0

themodelcitizen
03-23-2015, 02:37 PM
Good excuse to bump this - April 19 the Whitecaps' USL team takes on TFC II. Anyone interested in hitting up Thunderbird Stadium for this one??

KidA
03-23-2015, 04:33 PM
I'm in. Let's see who we can round up.

themodelcitizen
03-24-2015, 11:52 AM
Even if we had 10 guys for this it'd be a good section

TorontoGooner
03-24-2015, 12:22 PM

Does that Caps fan spit halfway through? Jesus. And they were all so indignant about their treatment in Orlando

Ivy
03-24-2015, 03:33 PM
Great video.

Auzzy
03-24-2015, 07:17 PM
Seems like a bad location for an away supporters section. Right next to the steps and entrance so there's lots of traffic directly passing. Also, hardly any security.

Top of 104 at BMO was much more out of the way. (Only problem was walking underneath it in certain situations...)

spe18
05-05-2015, 09:07 PM
Hey everyone,

I haven't really had a chance to get to this, but I just want to thank everyone for having organized this game, especially with ticketing and pre and post game get togethers. It went smoothly for the most part, and it was nice to get to a few of you west coasters too at Johnnie Fox's, which was a really great place since was right across the street from the hostel that I stayed at. Likely I was one of a few that had actually come from TO for the game ;)

The weather also helped, as it was sunny and must have been at least 15 celcius almost everyday that I was there! I stayed in Vancouver for a few more days before coming back to TO, including checking out Granville Island and some sort of a hiking trail in North Vancouver (Deep Cove?), I think - must have been your typical late spring day in Southern Ontario :)

And yes, I was the one that had been in Whistler in the 10 days prior to the game. It was also nice to talk to a few of you folks about the ski conditions - something we don't talk about very often in this part of the country :)