PDA

View Full Version : 2015 MLS Schedule

FRANKIE65
01-07-2015, 02:06 PM
Here it is

http://www.mlssoccer.com/schedule?month=all&year=2015&club=9&competition_type=all&broadcast_type=all&op=Search&form_id=mls_schedule_form

First 7 games away.

GabrielHurl
01-07-2015, 02:09 PM
10 of last 14 games at home

Looks like TFC could be Gerrard's first MLS game on July 4th

http://i.imgur.com/bKCXNmr.png

pdogg
01-07-2015, 02:13 PM
No Gerrard in TO.... And if his contract is only for 18 months, we may never see him.

pdubs
01-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Ties into this...

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futbol/2014/11/29/mls-cup-playoff-format-2015-changes#
MLS to expand playoff field to 12 in 2015, will add extra knockout games

Red CB Toronto
01-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Kind of surprised that the Reds have road games for the second straight season at LA and Seattle , thought they rotated.

Fort York Redcoat
01-07-2015, 02:20 PM
10 of last 14 games at home

Looks like TFC could be Gerrard's first MLS game on July 4th

They said he's be here in July. When in July who can say. I wouldn't be surprised if Houston gets to see him first.

Petor
01-07-2015, 02:25 PM
So, we don't play in Montreal until the end of October. :(

I got spoiled last year with the August long weekend as opposed to other years when we played there in March and April.

When does the Voyager cup schedule get released?

Canary10
01-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Kind of surprised that the Reds have road games for the second straight season at LA and Seattle , thought they rotated.

That's what I understood too. Bring back the balanced schedule!

Fort York Redcoat
01-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Travel dates for this guy:

May 2 Philly away
Aug 15 NYRB away

and Montreal away of course

Oct 25

plus the Vcup

NYFC and Orlando play in coliseums called Yankee Stadium and the Citrus Bowl. I'll be waiting for them to move.

OgtheDim
01-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Last years home and away vs. the West is the same this year. That's not very nice.

And, for the second year in a row, a Sunday game on Rosh Hashanah. (Jewish people don't support TFC or Orlando it seems)

Then there's this tidbit:

Championship game could be as late as Dec 13th.

Fort York Redcoat
01-07-2015, 02:42 PM

THAT"S how you grow a game!g:D

brad
01-07-2015, 02:49 PM

I wonder if that was done to take Bradley to two major US markets.

Parkdale
01-07-2015, 02:50 PM
So... July 4th weekend trip to Los Angeles?

im happy we're closing out the season against Montreal again. Let's just hope our playoff spot is locked up well before that.

and wow.... All of the driving distance away games seem to be on Saturday evening or Sunday. Could be great for away trips!!

nfitz
01-07-2015, 02:50 PM
So, we don't play in Montreal until the end of October. :(

I got spoiled last year with the August long weekend as opposed to other years when we played there in March and April.

When does the Voyager cup schedule get released?Hard to say this year, with it being in July/August instead of May/June historically.

But we are playing Montreal in our first round, based on the MLS standings for 2014.

brad
01-07-2015, 02:51 PM
THAT"S how you grow a game!g:D

Winter Classic :-)

OgtheDim
01-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Sooooooooo.....who decided to put our two home games against Montreal on two...ahem....interesting dates:

a) St. Jean Baptiste Day

b) In the middle of the Ex

Security for the second one is going to be a nightmare.

KidA
01-07-2015, 02:53 PM
When does the Voyager cup schedule get released?

Voyageur Cup won't be played till July/August after the Women's World Cup. Vancouver will be playing in the CONCACAF Champions League this year. The Canadian Championship will played to determine the team to represent Canada in 2016.

As for travel dates I'm all for Seattle in September. Had a blast last year.

Red4ever
01-07-2015, 03:02 PM
Jays and TFC line up at Rays and Orlando on the last weekend of April

Parkdale
01-07-2015, 03:19 PM
b) In the middle of the Ex

Security for the second one is going to be a nightmare.

watch out food building... I'm coming for your deep fried goodies!

mowe
01-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Not a bad schedule all things considered. We're playing the top five West teams from last year on the road which sucks. But the seven-game road trip to start the year is not too bad. We could pick up some points.

Wagner
01-07-2015, 04:00 PM
i'd rather wait until Chicago April 4 instead of columbus in March.

SamK
01-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Last years home and away vs. the West is the same this year. That's not very nice.

And, for the second year in a row, a Sunday game on Rosh Hashanah. (Jewish people don't support TFC or Orlando it seems)

Then there's this tidbit:

Seriously! If only it were the Saturday or even just a few hours earlier.

Red4ever
01-07-2015, 04:19 PM
i'd rather wait until Chicago April 4 instead of columbus in March.

I don't think there is any reason both can't be put up as options. We are talking about pulling 50 people on a bus for each.

As many have rightfully pointed out, years passed have been unkind to us for road trips. Not this year.

Red CB Toronto
01-07-2015, 04:28 PM
I am looking foward to Columbus, at least one trip to New York and Montreal. Will also look into more after figuring out my Gold Cup travel plans.

Joe Kool
01-07-2015, 04:33 PM
Travel dates for this guy:

May 2 Philly away
Aug 15 NYRB away

and Montreal away of course

Oct 25

plus the Vcup

NYFC and Orlando play in coliseums called Yankee Stadium and the Citrus Bowl. I'll be waiting for them to move.

Cool. There could be a slight chance me and the fam may do NYRB but I was looking more at New England this year as a possibility and Aug 1st seems like a good weekend. Boston Red Sox in town all week and weekend at Fenway too. If I am going anywhere New England may be too tempting. I have done NYRB once already but it was way back in 2008 at Giants Stadium so would be nice to see RBA. Oh well, time to decide.

Redcoe15
01-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Three road games in New York this year. What are the hopes and chances we can make one of them our official road trip?

daner90
01-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Definitely looking at making trips to Columbus, Yankee and Montreal this year

Cuppy
01-07-2015, 06:00 PM
Tbh I kinda like this seasons schedule and how they still manage to spread the games out even though they had an obstacle of having home games start in May.

SoccMan2
01-07-2015, 06:26 PM
First 7 games on the road for a club that has not made the playoffs in their first 8 seasons of their existence in a league where winning on the road is next to impossible and even getting a point is just as hard, by the time the first game at BMO comes along the playoffs might once again be out of sight .

james
01-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Three road games in New York this year. What are the hopes and chances we can make one of them our official road trip?

Id love to see a big road trip travelers at Red Bull stadium, awesome stadium,. Then you got Yankee stadium which location wise is awesome, and yes its the Yankees new billion dollar stadium and all im sure it looks great, but not to keen on watching a soccer game at a baseball stadium, im sure the sight-lines and weird shape for soccer will look bad...that's my feeling anyways.

james
01-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Also option to do big away trip in Columbus again, or bring out massive support to Chicago for the first time!! (I know we have had travelers to Chicago, but not by the thousands)

Redcoe15
01-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Also option to do big away trip in Columbus again, or bring out massive support to Chicago for the first time!! (I know we have had travelers to Chicago, but not by the thousands)

If we go to Chicago as a group, we should make a late night stop together at The Wiener's Circle for some Chicago Dogs and their...um, entertainment (just don't ask for their chocolate shake, for God's sake!).

ensco
01-07-2015, 07:13 PM
That Philly game in July is in the middle of the Pan Am games. That one will be no fun to get to or home from.

jazzy
01-07-2015, 08:02 PM
No Gerrard in TO.... And if his contract is only for 18 months, we may never see him.

which is the norm for us...:)

MightyDM
01-07-2015, 09:33 PM
First 7 games on the road for a club that has not made the playoffs in their first 8 seasons of their existence in a league where winning on the road is next to impossible and even getting a point is just as hard, by the time the first game at BMO comes along the playoffs might once again be out of sight .

My fear exactly. Under Nelsen, we were good on the road, but with the bad starts under Vanney points on the road couldbe very hard to come by.

bignickel
01-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Weird that we are only playing 16 homes games and 18 away? Am I missing something?

OgtheDim
01-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Weird that we are only playing 16 homes games and 18 away? Am I missing something?

Portland game is at BMO.

ANTZ
01-07-2015, 11:13 PM
home opener is on mothers day, as a New proud Dad i'm I'm S.O.L!! Dam MLS!

Red CB Toronto
01-07-2015, 11:47 PM
home opener is on mothers day, as a New proud Dad i'm I'm S.O.L!! Dam MLS!

bring the family to the game for a big day out, enjoy it and then head out for a wonderful dinner. The game is only two hours of the day.

habstfc
01-08-2015, 02:28 AM
Good.......Playing the 2 expansion teams in NYCFC and Orlando 6 times. Bad... What's with the western schedule not flip flopping like it has in the past. MLS doesn't want to waste an LA or Seattle road game on a Canadian team, not surprising to me. Ugly... those first 7 road games against good teams is a killer.

greatwhitenorf
01-08-2015, 04:29 PM

You make that sound like a bad thing.

pdogg
01-08-2015, 07:35 PM
You make that sound like a bad thing.

You can choose how to interpret that however you want.

spe18
01-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Good.......Playing the 2 expansion teams in NYCFC and Orlando 6 times. Bad... What's with the western schedule not flip flopping like it has in the past. MLS doesn't want to waste an LA or Seattle road game on a Canadian team, not surprising to me. Ugly... those first 7 road games against good teams is a killer.

Maybe realignment (with Houston and KC moving to the west) had something to do with it?

Yohan
01-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Maybe realignment (with Houston and KC moving to the west) had something to do with it?
Correct. Next season should be a flip of this season schedule wise for playing western conference

Hamilton_Red
01-09-2015, 12:55 AM
With the seven away game start MLSE will look so foolish when the new and improved stadium opens to empty crowds. A near certainty if they aren't at least .500 on the road & who would bet that they will be anywhere close to that?

Fort York Redcoat
01-09-2015, 08:05 AM
With the seven away game start MLSE will look so foolish when the new and improved stadium opens to empty crowds. A near certainty if they aren't at least .500 on the road & who would bet that they will be anywhere close to that?

Yes but are you going to the Season Opener Mr. Victoria???

Kayaker
01-09-2015, 10:27 AM
I just wish we could close out a season at home for once (been a while).......

sidvan
01-09-2015, 12:35 PM
TFC has most difficult schedule in the East according to article on MLS website http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/01/08/2015-strength-schedule-rankings-which-team-faces-toughest-schedule-2015-whos

Marc"2L"
01-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Unbalanced is stupid. Why are we going to LA and Seattle again? Why aren't we going to Portland?

This league is really starting to grind my gears.

Abou Sky
01-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Unbalanced is stupid. Why are we going to LA and Seattle again? Why aren't we going to Portland?

This league is really starting to grind my gears.

We also only have one away match in DC again this year. It is tough with two new teams as well as moving two teams into the West

All together it's 170 games, that is a lot of games to figure out, especially when you have TFC throwing you the monkey wrench of 'oh ya, we won't be able to play at home until May'

I have bones to pick with the league, but that isn't one of them :)