PDA

View Full Version : TFC brings back Stuart Neely as Academy Coach

gdg_9
01-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Toronto FC has hired Stuart Neely as the head coach of its Kia Academy senior team and the assistant coach of its USL PRO club.
Neely returns to the Major League Soccer club after previously serving as academy director during the 2011 season.
Prior to being named director, Neely served as the academy’s manager and junior team head coach.
"We are very happy to bring Stuart back to TFC," Toronto FC General Manager Tim Bezbatchenko said in a statement. "His coaching experience, knowledge of both the game and soccer landscape in our province will be vital to our success at the Academy level and for our USL PRO club."
After departing Toronto at the conclusion of the 2011 season, Neely joined the Vancouver Whitecaps FC as the head of player management and advancement where he remained until July 2013. Neely went on to join New Zealand Football as the head of football development.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-name-neely-academy-coach-usl-pro-assistant/

Manager87
01-06-2015, 04:36 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/01/tfc-names-neely-academy-senior-team-head-coach

Red I
01-06-2015, 04:58 PM
... Shouldn't have let him go on the first place - i like the moves so far, TFC, keep it up!!!

Manager87
01-06-2015, 11:48 PM
Although Stuart Neely is proven good coach

tfc keeps changing there coaches around in the academy

Initial B
01-07-2015, 10:56 AM
True TFC has been a coaching carousel, but we'll have to see if it slows down significantly if there aren't wholesale changes over the next 2 years to provide some organizational stability and new culture growth.

C.Ronaldo
01-07-2015, 03:11 PM
out with the old in with the old/new?

good decision though

BuSaPuNk
01-08-2015, 10:44 AM
... Shouldn't have let him go on the first place - i like the moves so far, TFC, keep it up!!!

Like this move as well. Seems to be applauded around Canadian soccer circles which is good.

God knows we need anything to push our club back in a positive light when it comes to people in and around Canadian soccer.

Auzzy
01-08-2015, 12:45 PM
I can't remember the circumstances under which Neely left in the first place...?

Richard
01-08-2015, 12:51 PM
I can't remember the circumstances under which Neely left in the first place...?

He left before Thomas Rongen came in as director, Aron Winter was in charge at the time so they just let him go in favour of Rongen.

ag futbol
01-10-2015, 07:44 AM
There is a poster on the V's board that claims Neely was leaking information to Duane Rollins while Winter was coach. The story goes Winter fed him false info, Duane Published it, and Neely was outed / fired.

Nooooo idea if any of this is true, just what was wrote.

Auzzy
01-10-2015, 12:00 PM
There is a poster on the V's board that claims Neely was leaking information to Duane Rollins while Winter was coach. The story goes Winter fed him false info, Duane Published it, and Neely was outed / fired.

Nooooo idea if any of this is true, just what was wrote.

Ah very interesting, thanks!