PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Ronaldinho playing for TFC

dutch
11-18-2014, 11:40 PM
He just signed a 2 year contract with Liga MX side queretaro for 4.6 million canadian (converted)
I follow liga mx, brazilian serie a, and he still has alot to offer. perfect passes, the ability to bring the ball forward into the attacking zone while holding off multiple defenders. Toronto needs a solid attacking midfielder. Gilberto just said he wants TFC to bring in a great #10 and the brazilian serie A link could prove deadly. Yes its my dream but thought maybe 1 or 2 people would like a kickabout with the idea. have you seen him play in the last 2 years, what are your thoughts. personally I think we may actually be able to get him on the cheap if he pisses off this manager like the last two lol and I question if he could take how physical this league is, like most foreign players new to MLS. he would be the 2nd biggest dp signing in MLS history (in terms of marketing) and thats the kind of thing garber likes.

TFC07
11-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Sign him if he can contribute!

Yohan
11-19-2014, 12:05 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/11/13/report-ronaldinho-could-leave-mexicos-queretaro-mls

justin
11-19-2014, 01:10 AM
If any of you think that he comes to MLS and goes anywhere but Orlando(ok maybe LA), you're kidding yourselves. Warm climate, lining up beside Kaka, yea seems like a no brainer to me.

But hey, ya, maybe he'll come to Canada at 34 and happily choose to play in the cold for a quarter of the season. I'll believe that when me shit turns purple, and smells like rainbow sherbet.

dutch
11-19-2014, 02:48 AM
not bad justin, now try it with less cuntiness. no worthwhile reason to be rude, I wasnt rude when I wrote it. kaka dosent seal the deal nor does an expansion team who is already busy signing theyre own deals. many south and central american players flourish in MLS, its called under-wear.

OgtheDim
11-19-2014, 06:50 AM
Party animal.

No thanks.

DeRo Fan #1
11-19-2014, 07:40 AM
If any of you think that he comes to MLS and goes anywhere but Orlando(ok maybe LA), you're kidding yourselves. Warm climate, lining up beside Kaka, yea seems like a no brainer to me.

But hey, ya, maybe he'll come to Canada at 34 and happily choose to play in the cold for a quarter of the season. I'll believe that when me shit turns purple, and smells like rainbow sherbet.
The owner of Orlando said he definitely isn't trying to sign Ronaldinho.

Jack
11-19-2014, 08:16 AM
I love Ronaldinho and he is a legend, but the partying cost him later in his career as his level dropped quickly. I'd rather we spend the money on the Gilberto version of an AM. A young, hungry guy looking to prove himself and get a fresh start.

Red4ever
11-19-2014, 08:30 AM

Got one out of two last week.

Fort York Redcoat
11-19-2014, 08:50 AM
He just signed a 2 year contract with Liga MX side queretaro for 4.6 million canadian (converted)
I follow liga mx, brazilian serie a, and he still has alot to offer. perfect passes, the ability to bring the ball forward into the attacking zone while holding off multiple defenders. Toronto needs a solid attacking midfielder. Gilberto just said he wants TFC to bring in a great #10 and the brazilian serie A link could prove deadly. Yes its my dream but thought maybe 1 or 2 people would like a kickabout with the idea. have you seen him play in the last 2 years, what are your thoughts. personally I think we may actually be able to get him on the cheap if he pisses off this manager like the last two lol and I question if he could take how physical this league is, like most foreign players new to MLS. he would be the 2nd biggest dp signing in MLS history (in terms of marketing) and thats the kind of thing garber likes.

This team needs stability more than anything. In player contribution but just as importantly in character. I will pass.

Fort York Redcoat
11-19-2014, 08:52 AM

I believe both texas teams are warm as well. They may have sherbert there.

Red I
11-19-2014, 09:06 AM
I believe both texas teams are warm as well. They may have sherbert there.

Oh man, I haven't had good sherbert in forever!! If it wasn't so cold right now... nope, still going for sherbert after work.

jabbronies
11-19-2014, 10:08 AM
The biggest shock I have right now with this thread is finding out that he is only 34.
I say only because it seems like for a player of his quality back in the day, he fell off the world leader ranks pretty early in his life.

He musy really like his Party!

trane
11-19-2014, 05:13 PM
I love Ronaldinho and he is a legend, but the partying cost him later in his career as his level dropped quickly. I'd rather we spend the money on the Gilberto version of an AM. A young, hungry guy looking to prove himself and get a fresh start.

Agreed.

Richard
11-19-2014, 05:16 PM
The biggest shock I have right now with this thread is finding out that he is only 34.
I say only because it seems like for a player of his quality back in the day, he fell off the world leader ranks pretty early in his life.

Compare him to a guy like Pirlo and it really is mind boggling how he couldn't adapt his game, he burned out a few years before he really should have.

ryan
11-19-2014, 10:03 PM
Oh man, I haven't had good sherbert in forever!! If it wasn't so cold right now... nope, still going for sherbert after work.

no kidding. i'm craving it right now.

thanks justin.

dutch
11-20-2014, 03:05 AM
I agree I want a AM who is hungry and will give up any of his faults to secure a long term career.

C.Ronaldo
11-20-2014, 11:02 AM

Cant blame him for enjoying life. He made his money and hes smart it should last him a while