PDA

View Full Version : Justin Morrow Training with Werder Bremen

DeRo Fan #1
11-15-2014, 01:34 PM
According to his twitter account he's training over there.
He better get a USMNT call-up soon.

Initial B
11-15-2014, 01:56 PM
I wonder if TFC got in touch with Frings? Hopefully Morrow will be all set come the new year.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-15-2014, 03:19 PM
I wonder if TFC got in touch with Frings? Hopefully Morrow will be all set come the new year.

id assume so, Kevin Payne claimed some sort of on going partnership if im not mistaken and we also sent Osorio there last season.
Should be good for him to train under Skripnik

reggie
11-15-2014, 04:54 PM
TFC will prob deny that he is training with them:facepalm:

OgtheDim
11-15-2014, 05:03 PM
Seeing as they retweeted it......

reggie
11-15-2014, 05:42 PM
even more a reason to deny it...lol:)

MartinUtd
11-15-2014, 07:07 PM
lol
It wouldn't be the first time the FO and their social media team weren't on the same page.

Oldtimer
11-15-2014, 08:01 PM
TFC will prob deny that he is training with them:facepalm:

That was Earl Cochrane's style, not Bez's.

Red CB Toronto
11-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Justin could very well find himself in the USMNT Jan camp.

molenshtain
11-16-2014, 01:08 AM
I hope he does. He desrves at least a call-up to camp.

Klinsmann
11-16-2014, 07:36 AM
I think he has only made 1 appearance for the UMNT before

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8050/8433550364_f14d69cdcc_b.jpg

Ossington Mental Youth
11-16-2014, 10:31 AM
Transfer market is saying Warner is there too
http://www.transfermarkt.de/torontos-morrow-amp-warner-trainieren-bei-werder-mit/view/news/178928
Imo suggests that Vanney has long term plans for Warner

Ossington Mental Youth
11-16-2014, 10:34 AM
better but less available source
http://www.weser-kurier.de/werder/werder-bundesliga_artikel,-Trainingsgaeste-aus-Toronto-_arid,990980.html

prizby
11-16-2014, 10:45 AM
reading the comments from werder fans on morrow's instagram is interesting...they want him...good for him then! That'd be a big move for him!

Ossington Mental Youth
11-16-2014, 11:30 AM
yes it would, currently have Santiago Garcia who had a great season last year but has been soso this year. Caldirola is also a possible leftback but primarily plays CB and has seen mostly the bench. I have to admit i wouldnt mind him playing there although not at TFC`s expense. I do think he`d fit in great with Skripnik and his new plans

OgtheDim
11-16-2014, 12:38 PM
As the current replacement would be either Bloom switched over or Morgan....I'm not sure we are ready for our best defender last season to move on. :(

Jack
11-16-2014, 01:56 PM
While it would suck to lose him, it is great for him and I would wish him all the best. His play was one of the hugely positive things about this season.

mowe
11-16-2014, 02:30 PM
While it would suck to lose him, it is great for him and I would wish him all the best. His play was one of the hugely positive things about this season.
Agreed, he was our most consistent player. Seems like a great guy in the locker room too. Hope he stays but I'd be happy for him if he gets a move to a bigger league.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-16-2014, 03:14 PM
I wouldnt stress him moving too much, as of recently Werder hasnt had a lot of money to throw around. That being said there were rumors that if Lemke, chairman of the board left, local investors would send double digit millions for transfers etc. Like i said i think it would be a surprise if he did leave tho

C.Ronaldo
11-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Transfer market is saying Warner is there too
http://www.transfermarkt.de/torontos-morrow-amp-warner-trainieren-bei-werder-mit/view/news/178928
Imo suggests that Vanney has long term plans for Warner

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2014/11/warner-and-morrow-train-werder-bremen

Your right. Warner is there to. Wow, im really surprised. Where does warner fit into plans? Or is this to increase trade/draft value

also, "The duo arrived on Friday and will be training with Werder Bremen II until the weekend"
WTF is this? a vacation? So short

sashavukelich
11-20-2014, 11:35 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2014/11/warner-and-morrow-train-werder-bremen

Your right. Warner is there to. Wow, im really surprised. Where does warner fit into plans? Or is this to increase trade/draft value

also, "The duo arrived on Friday and will be training with Werder Bremen II until the weekend"
WTF is this? a vacation? So short

For Warner is more likely to expose him to an environment with very high standards because they believe that he can eventually make the step up. Maybe it's a 'wake up call' without being so dramatic.

Clearly Vanney sees/knows something we don't. I definitely think Morrow can make the jump, dude can play.

MKR
11-21-2014, 08:23 AM
would totally suck to lose Morrow to another club. I'm not saying that it is likely to happen as i think this training does not imply some sort of transfer in the making, but for all this talk of "good for him if he goes to a bigger club" well it would shitty for us to lose a player of his caliber. We need more Justin Morrows not less.

jabbronies
11-21-2014, 11:27 AM
For Warner is more likely to expose him to an environment with very high standards because they believe that he can eventually make the step up. Maybe it's a 'wake up call' without being so dramatic.

Clearly Vanney sees/knows something we don't. I definitely think Morrow can make the jump, dude can play.

Nelsen also saw something in Warner - spoke very highly of him when we got him. I still don't see it. Maybe with a different formation he'll shine a bit brighter - but right now I'd say he's lower/mid calibre player.

Morrow is more upper/mid calibre IMO

sashavukelich
11-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Nelsen also saw something in Warner - spoke very highly of him when we got him. I still don't see it. Maybe with a different formation he'll shine a bit brighter - but right now I'd say he's lower/mid calibre player.

Morrow is more upper/mid calibre IMO

totally agree. obviously those coaches (both TOTALLY different), have seen something that indicates he can give more. Which personally, i'm totally cool with. The boy has been on some good squads and was drafted reasonably.

MKR
11-21-2014, 12:22 PM
i thought Warner looks really good early on right after the trade. Then he seemed to fade in the second half of the season.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-21-2014, 04:00 PM
would totally suck to lose Morrow to another club. I'm not saying that it is likely to happen as i think this training does not imply some sort of transfer in the making, but for all this talk of "good for him if he goes to a bigger club" well it would shitty for us to lose a player of his caliber. We need more Justin Morrows not less.

I follow/support Werder closely. They dont have much cash. If they do get some they are likely to buy a defensive mid or a striker (names are being thrown around). A LB would be nice but isnt a priority. Hes practicing with the u-23 team. Dont worry.