PDA

View Full Version : 2015 MLS Kits

Shway
11-05-2014, 10:33 AM
There are many things to get excited about for the 2015 season, this thread is for the kits.

Orlando Citys new home Kit

http://orlando-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/Club/KitDetails2.jpg

ryan
11-05-2014, 10:35 AM
nice shirt. the white strip around the bottom is a nice look.

Canary10
11-05-2014, 10:38 AM
I like the shirt but if I have to read another designer's explanation for each element I think I'll barf.

Wagner
11-05-2014, 10:47 AM
kind of cool that they put the old crest on the inside.

FRANKIE65
11-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Love purple, so, this one's good with me.

TOBOR !
11-05-2014, 01:46 PM
I dislike that they feel it necessary to print 'Orlando City' on the badge.

The sun-backed lion on a circular crest, with a latin motto would've been ace.

Yohan
11-05-2014, 01:52 PM
has the benefit of being one of distinct kit in MLS. it stands out, because not many teams in the world use purple. and it's not stupid distinct like Sounders 'rave green'

Cashcleaner
11-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Not a bad uniform design. I'm a fan of the white band across the bottom - it goes well with the adidas stripes. Never been a huge fan of the team's crest, but it looks okay on the jersey as it is. Gold neckline is a nice touch.

4/5 in my books.

Shway
11-05-2014, 04:50 PM
has the benefit of being one of distinct kit in MLS. it stands out, because not many teams in the world use purple. and it's not stupid distinct like Sounders 'rave green'

I call the Sounders rave green "turf green", because they blend with the turf at Century link

Miko
11-07-2014, 02:47 PM
No flags on the kits for next year? Looks like the MLS crest is on both sleeves.

http://cdn-jpg.si.com/sites/default/files/styles/si_article_main/public/2014/11/04/orlandocity.jpg

FRANKIE65
11-07-2014, 03:56 PM
No flags on the kits for next year? Looks like the MLS crest is on both sleeves.

http://cdn-jpg.si.com/sites/default/files/styles/si_article_main/public/2014/11/04/orlandocity.jpg

I'd love if the kits had the actual flag of the PLAYERS country, instead of just the US and Canada. We all know TFC, Limpact and Shitecaps are based in Canada...just like we all know LA, NY, etc are in the US. Now if Gilberto had a Brazilian flag, Bradley a US, Henry (our Henry not the french one) a Maple Leaf.
I'm sure someone has brought this up before, but, I haven't seen it

TOBOR !
11-07-2014, 04:18 PM
I don't like flags on kit.

National squads don't do it (unless the flag is incorporated into the respective Association's crest).

Why are club sides doing it ?

You don't see it anywhere else in the world - not even during international competitions.

TOBOR !
11-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Incidentally, I bet everyone in that Orlando pic gets carded at bars.

Shway
11-07-2014, 04:52 PM

National squads don't do it (unless the flag is incorporated into the respective Association's crest).

You don't see it anywhere else in the world - not even during international competitions.

+Agree

jazzy
11-07-2014, 06:25 PM
what will be our main colours next year ?....will they be influenced at all by new sponsor or are we stating with the Onyx trend ? and red of course ?

BuSaPuNk
11-07-2014, 08:05 PM
what will be our main colours next year ?....will they be influenced at all by new sponsor or are we stating with the Onyx trend ? and red of course ?

Onyx should be back but we are getting a new red home jersey. I doubt the colors will be up to the sponsor. They will just do another red with onyx trip I think. Hopefully it's something a little more flashy then ours have been they've been pretty bland. But that's what you get with a ADIDAS only league.

Cashcleaner
11-07-2014, 10:49 PM

Disagree. I like the look.

Also, why do we even care what everyone else does? Originality can be a very good thing.

mook-life
11-08-2014, 12:09 AM
Agreed i think the flag thing is stupid

Fort York Redcoat
11-08-2014, 07:37 AM
It's club football. No flags necessary. There's enough homage in some of the clubs symbols or kits anyway. If a club like ours puts the leaf relief in our shirts - cool but having the flags standard just looks like a hooked on phonics ways to learn where a city is.

FRANKIE65
11-08-2014, 08:29 AM
It's club football. No flags necessary. There's enough homage in some of the clubs symbols or kits anyway. If a club like ours puts the leaf relief in our shirts - cool but having the flags standard just looks like a hooked on phonics ways to learn where a city is.

Agreed...that's why I say if you're going to put flags on the shoulder, use the player's home country. Or, no flags at all.

Wagner
11-08-2014, 09:16 AM

fully agree.

Shway
11-08-2014, 02:23 PM
No flags at all, not even if it's the player's country.

The only idea of a flag on a jersey that I would support would be the flag of the city/state/prov the team plays in. IMO That's the only flag you should see.

Cashcleaner
11-08-2014, 03:37 PM
^ I will readily admit, a Toronto flag would look awesome on the sleeve.

Fort York Redcoat
11-09-2014, 10:04 AM

At least one club has their flag on the back collar. I'd go for that.

__wowza
11-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Agreed i think the flag thing is stupid

i'd just hate to see it on ours, especially because i know they're going to plaster the maple leaf all over the kit again.

TOBOR !
11-10-2014, 09:06 AM

Also, why do we even care what everyone else does? Originality can be a very good thing.

as can tradition.

A flag on the sleeve is a similar notion to a soccer ball as part of the club crest.

Mark TFC
11-10-2014, 07:03 PM

I like it as well. I have never ever had a problem with the flags on the kit. People also bitch about the use of the maple leaf, and I don't get that beef either. I'm a proud Canadian and I just can't get enough.

What I think would look tacky is if every player on the roster had their flag(s) on the sleeve, as was mentioned by someone above. I'm all for individualism but that would be tacky. Why don't we just put their height, weight, and SIN card numbers on there too?

ag futbol
11-10-2014, 08:45 PM

Yeah I find the flag + logo on each sleeve to be a bit much. Not opposed to the idea of either, but they need to downsize it a bit.

FRANKIE65
11-11-2014, 07:40 AM
I'm a proud Canadian and I just can't get enough.

What I think would look tacky is if every player on the roster had their flag(s) on the sleeve, as was mentioned by someone above. I'm all for individualism but that would be tacky. Why don't we just put their height, weight, and SIN card numbers on there too?

So as a "proud Canadian", if, say, you played for the New York Red Bulls you'd rather have the stars and stripes on your sleeve?? Me, I'd rather have the Maple Leaf.
I see where you are coming from, but, comparing country of origin flags to height/weight/etc, is a bit much. Anyways, I have no problems whatsoever with maple leafs on the TFC kit. Was just throwing a different idea out there.:)

GabrielHurl
11-13-2014, 10:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Zl9muD7.png

Shway
11-13-2014, 10:54 AM
^ beat me to it.

I assume the away kit will be orange and navy blue.

Canary10
11-13-2014, 11:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Zl9muD7.png

Those look shockingly like Manchester City kits if they had Adidas as a sponsor.

Shway
11-13-2014, 11:13 AM
The more I see the different variations(colour schemes) of the MLS logo on the new jerseys....I think its mad corny, and I'm now starting to prefer the old logo. But such is life.

trane
11-13-2014, 11:48 AM
Kaka was up there with Messi and Ronaldo at one point. What the fuck happened????

Yohan
11-13-2014, 12:18 PM
Kaka was up there with Messi and Ronaldo at one point. What the fuck happened????
injuries

OgtheDim
11-13-2014, 02:36 PM
That is an EPIC fail PR wise. They will lose a lot of non Man City supporting NY fans over this.

Initial B
11-13-2014, 03:58 PM
That is an EPIC fail PR wise. They will lose a lot of non Man City supporting NY fans over this.
That's assuming there are a lot of Man City fans in New york to begin with. If they are going after the casual fan, they might pull it off.

TOBOR !
11-13-2014, 04:14 PM
Those look shockingly like Manchester City kits if they had Adidas as a sponsor.

Shockingly ? How so ?

Canary10
11-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Shockingly ? How so ?

That was meant more as, what a shock, they look like Man City kits. I fully expected they would....

Redcoe15
11-13-2014, 05:02 PM
They should have put some form of navy pinstripes on these.

MightyDM
11-13-2014, 09:32 PM

Yes!!!!!

OgtheDim
11-13-2014, 10:21 PM
That's assuming there are a lot of Man City fans in New york to begin with. If they are going after the casual fan, they might pull it off.

Ur assuming there are not people who were considering supporting NYCFC who won't because of the obvious farm team implications.

Come and play with us and you get this cool replica jersey.

OgtheDim
11-14-2014, 07:22 AM
New York City Farm Club

Fort York Redcoat
11-14-2014, 07:54 AM
New York City Farm Club

http://www.teezeria.com/images/designs/1743img_12.png

TOBOR !
11-14-2014, 09:33 AM
That was meant more as, what a shock, they look like Man City kits. I fully expected they would....

dang. didn't notice the sarcasm. sorry. my bad (as the kids say).

ag futbol
11-14-2014, 01:49 PM
I don't know about this. This league and its teams needs their own identity, not someone else's.

I guess when you go to NYC they sell knock off everything else, why not a soccer team to boot?

Canary10
11-14-2014, 02:07 PM
I don't know about this. This league and its teams needs their own identity, not someone else's.

I guess when you go to NYC they sell knock off everything else, why not a soccer team to boot?

New York Red Bulls look exactly the same as Red Bull Salzburg as well. They have branch plant soccer teams in New York.

OgtheDim
11-14-2014, 03:13 PM
New York Red Bulls look exactly the same as Red Bull Salzburg as well. They have branch plant soccer teams in New York.

Yes, but there is an understanding there based on Red Bull being a brand and everybody knows what they are trying to do. And, frankly, nobody really cares about Salzburg teams. EPL though...

Man City using pretty much the exact same shirts when they don't have to just proves that their ownership doesn't get the market they are in.

Kudos to them for hiring some PR flacks to go onto the MLS.com boards and try to downplay this - somebody must have realised this is not a good idea.

All they needed to do was make the dominant colour Yankee Blue. But, no, they go with Man City / SKC blue and try to make the two teams synonymous.

Redcoe15
11-14-2014, 06:38 PM
New York City Farm Club

DAMN!!! Why didn't I think of that?!!

OgtheDim
11-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Old City they had a farm

Ee I Ee I ooooooooo

And on that farm they did wear blue

Ee I Eee I ooooo

With a Moo Moo Here

moo moo there

Here a moo

There a moo

Every where a blue Moo

Old City they had a Farm

EE I EE I ooooooooo

trane
11-17-2014, 03:50 PM
injuries

Yes. But still the decline was shocking, his last days at Milan, were sad. Now he should still be a positive in this league due to his vision, and passing, but it could be sad here as well.

Initial B
11-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Nice Og, but i would replace the E-I-E-I-O with N-Y-C-F-C. :)

__wowza
11-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Nice Og, but i would replace the E-I-E-I-O with N-Y-C-F-C. :)

https://i.imgur.com/7drHiqrh.jpg

ryan
11-24-2014, 10:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3PdTLtCUAEIrhQ.jpg:large

Phil
11-25-2014, 08:01 AM
So, no more country flags on kits now?

Joe Kool
11-25-2014, 10:01 AM
So, no more country flags on kits now?

Looks that way. Too bad. I always thought the Canada flag looked pretty sharp and was proud to wear it on my jersey when I wear them.

JuliquE
11-25-2014, 10:06 AM
Not sure how I feel about the taped together look.

JuliquE
11-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Looks that way. Too bad. I always thought the Canada flag looked pretty sharp and was proud to wear it on my jersey when I wear them.
Some people didn't fancy them, but I always felt the same way you do.

What I WOULD do away with, though, are the anthems to start every match; especially awkward, when there are just a couple Canadians, for example, in the line-up—heck, even some of the U.S. based sides have just a few Americans starting, at times.

Not to derail the thread, but I would reserve anthems for the season openers and closers, to mark those occasions in a more special way.

ryan
11-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Some people didn't fancy them, but I always felt the same way you do.

What I WOULD do away with, though, are the anthems to start every match; especially awkward, when there are just a couple Canadians, for example, in the line-up—heck, even some of the U.S. based sides have just a few Americans starting, at times.

Not to derail the thread, but I would reserve anthems for the season openers and closers, to mark those occasions in a more special way.

Sports have always been a method of enforcing patriotism upon the public. It'll never change. Nothing to do with what nationality of the players in the lineups, it's about the people watching.

Wagner
11-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Sports have always been a method of enforcing patriotism upon the public. It'll never change. Nothing to do with what nationality of the players are in the lineups, it's about the people watching.

boom.
there is it.

sports is a way to build nationalism.
Anthems before sporting events is a relatively new thing.

as people become educated and more global minded and traveled, religion is less of a way to categorize people.
but regardless of your religion, you can get behind imaginary lines drawn on a map. (Nationalism)

so when large groups of people gather, let's add some patriotism/nationalism (anthems).

some decent articles about it:

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/6957582/the-history-national-anthem-sports-espn-magazine

http://mentalfloss.com/article/18997/why-do-we-sing-national-anthem-sporting-events

summary: it was war-time patriotism (in an era that saw crazy propaganda and censorship during the wars)
and it never stopped, as questioning nationalism might be viewed as treason. (or is it the sincerest form of patriotism?)

Wagner
11-25-2014, 12:31 PM
Well.. yes and no.

Not to get into semantics, but before I'd say it's used to "enforce" patriotism, I'd sooner describe it as a mutually beneficial tool; the powers that be in sports use it to channel patriotism, giving their participants, both fans and athletes alike, that extra percentile of enthusiasm. Therein you see the next point I don't quite agree with you on—that it has NOTHING to do with the players; I look at it as them taking a bit of national pride in the country of their employment, as well as infusing that extra step for one or two of the Canadians in the line-up.

I actually don't have a problem with the spirit of the idea, and, thus, don't really want that to change (agree with you that it won't).. I just have different ideas about how it should be implemented, is all. The players often appear to be going through the motions, when you'd like to think hearing the anthem, no matter their nationality, would send chills down their spines; Bradley has said that it really gets them up for the match, but, judging from one or two of their performances, especially down the stretch, one wonders just how much of that is him patronising us (no pun intended).

Maybe, for many of the players new to the country, it's too much, too soon, to be hearing it every week.. whereas, were it to be only on select occasions they could point to, it'd last longer in memory, and really get them going, the next time 'round. This is why I thought that at the season's beginning and end—also perhaps for every playoff and/or cup game—they could reserve anthems for then; in moderation, I think it could really be something special, and as it should be.

That said, I can understand someone maybe preferring to build a tradition of singing it every time.. but, as said, it's just not for me, and for the reasons above; I'd personally love belting it out, as I'm sure many fans do, but to ensure it always means something to all involved, maybe finding a middle ground would make it special for the players, as well as only enhancing the effect on those of whom it never gets old for.

I wonder if there's ever been a thought to break out the national anthem during games—perhaps near the end (to space things out)—if only to engage the crowd with something surely familiar for all. Don't really follow the club, but I always admired the camaraderie shown by Liverpool supporters, to sing "YNWA" towards the conclusion of a match, win, lose or draw. If the anthem could be used to similar affect, then this more organic approach could blossom nicely, as away from how the club now instructs every one to raise their scarves.

it has happened.
one of the last home games this year the bunker belted it out.

JuliquE
11-25-2014, 12:43 PM
Apologies for the confusion; I've been having trouble with editing my posts, once they're posted, for some reason, requiring that I delete them and start again—ugh!

Sports have always been a method of enforcing patriotism upon the public. It'll never change. Nothing to do with what nationality of the players in the lineups, it's about the people watching.

Well.. yes and no.

Not to get into semantics, but before I'd say it's used to "enforce" patriotism, I'd sooner describe it as a mutually beneficial tool; the powers that be in sports use it to channel patriotism, giving their participants, both fans and athletes alike, that extra percentile of enthusiasm. Therein you see the next point I don't quite agree with you on—that it has NOTHING to do with the players; I look at it as them taking a bit of national pride in the country of their employment (also where their children now go to school and are being raised, in some cases), as well as infusing that extra step for one or two of the Canadians in the line-up.

I actually don't have a problem with the spirit of the idea, and, thus, don't really want that to be completely eradicated (agreed that it won't be, if that's what you meant with "never change").. I just have different ideas about how it should be implemented, is all. The players often appear to be going through the motions, when you'd like to think hearing the anthem, no matter their nationality, would send chills down their spines; Bradley has said that it really gets them up for the match, but, judging from one or two of their performances, especially down the stretch, one wonders just how much of that is him patronising us (no pun intended).

Maybe, for many of the players new to the country, it's too much, too soon, to be hearing it every week.. whereas, were it to be only on select occasions they could point to, it'd last longer in memory, and really get them going, the next time 'round. This is why I thought that at the season's beginning and end—also perhaps for every playoff and/or cup game—they could reserve anthems for then; in moderation, I think it could really be something special, and as it should be.

That said, I can understand someone maybe preferring to build a tradition of singing it every time.. but, as said, it's just not for me, and for the reasons above; I'd personally love belting it out, as I'm sure many fans do, but to ensure it always means something to all involved, maybe finding a middle ground would make it special for the players, as well as only enhancing the effect on those of whom it never gets old for.

I wonder if there's ever been a thought to break out the national anthem during games—perhaps near the end (to space things out)—if only to engage the crowd with something surely familiar for all. Don't really follow the club, but I always admired the camaraderie shown by Liverpool supporters, to sing "YNWA" towards the conclusion of a match, win, lose or draw. If the anthem could be used to similar affect, then this more organic approach could blossom nicely, as away from how the club now instructs every one to raise their scarves.

JuliquE
11-25-2014, 12:47 PM
it has happened.
one of the last home games this year the bunker belted it out.
Did it catch on with the rest of the crowd, towards the end?

I don't remember hearing it, so I'm thinking it didn't (unfortunately).

Wagner
11-25-2014, 12:48 PM
it did in the south end.

JuliquE
11-25-2014, 12:58 PM
it did in the south end.
Last post on the subject.. but, I feel like it has potential, the way Dicho24 gets picked up by casuals (if not every one of them).

Brooker
11-26-2014, 07:51 AM
God those Man City ripoffs are atrocious. No wonder some people think we're a mickey mouse league.

Redcoe15
11-26-2014, 04:26 PM
God those Man City ripoffs are atrocious. No wonder some people think we're a mickey mouse league.

To be fair, the black change kits are nice.

ag futbol
11-26-2014, 11:06 PM
The away kits look pretty bad as well. Maybe I'm just jaded because the corinthians kits I've seen look like a much better concept to build on.

Adidas just can't work outside of their box for designing a kit. Anytime they try to do something creative it always ends up looking awful.

Doucet3
11-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Yes!!!!!
Would fucking love the Toronto flag on our kit... I'm not even from Toronto but that would look sick... Not on the sleeve ... Back of the neck?

Hieberrr
11-27-2014, 09:58 PM
The purple Orlando City jerseys are hot as hell. Wow.

As for the flag talks. I'd rather have the city's flag instead of the national flag.

GabrielHurl
01-16-2015, 02:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/49BqUwG.jpg

GuelphStorm2007
01-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Nice

GuelphStorm2007
01-16-2015, 09:21 PM
I would like to see the Toronto Flag incorporated in the jerseys. I remember a few years ago Inter Milan whites had the Red Cross of Saint George on the front

Cashcleaner
01-17-2015, 09:32 AM
Nice

I normally hate gradients on a jersey, but that fade-out effect doesn't look too bad.

sashavukelich
01-17-2015, 10:23 AM

That is a seriously nice jersey. When the wife and I move to victoria we may have to pick up one of those. That being said..the 2013-2014 Red TFC jersey with the leaf on it is maybe one of my favorite Jersey's ever.

flamehawk
01-17-2015, 11:16 AM
I would like to see the Toronto Flag incorporated in the jerseys. I remember a few years ago Inter Milan whites had the Red Cross of Saint George on the front

That'd be a good idea. And no more maple leafs front and centre, it's really became cliche and I don't think it speaks to what the city is about - especially doesn't make sense when there's two other Canadian teams (who see no need to use that type of imagery).

__wowza
01-17-2015, 02:31 PM
That'd be a good idea. And no more maple leafs front and centre, it's really became cliche and I don't think it speaks to what the city is about - especially doesn't make sense when there's two other Canadian teams (who see no need to use that type of imagery).

i beg to differ, montreal use the fleur-de-lis, and vancouver use a bunch of diamonds.
i think if we can't incorporate the maple leaf tastefully then it's a wash, but i have no problem openly advertising that we're canadas team. even if their are two other canadian clubs in the league.

GuelphStorm2007
01-17-2015, 05:44 PM
I am personaly not a fan of putting the Maple Leaf on team jerseys, Case in point the Calgary Flames withy the Canadian Flag on one arm and the Alberta flag on the other arm. Kind of Dumb if you ask me. Put the symbol of Toronto on that jersey, that symbolises Toronto.

__wowza
01-23-2015, 11:33 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-aGzdOskem5E/VMKB3Pcwc0I/AAAAAAAAfI8/3n1NMc_KL60/s650/new-york-red-bulls-2015-home-jersey.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Hwk1mKCiGH0/VMKIfZzQwiI/AAAAAAAAfJI/UnbKYv9z3-M/s650/seattle-sounders-2015-home-jersey.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fmta3fJaGy4/VMKU9QVm9OI/AAAAAAAAfJU/vCS2BuKtkAg/s650/montreal-impact-2015-away-jersey.jpg

kodiakTFC
01-24-2015, 03:56 AM
Red Bulls is amazing. Seattle is good. Montreal is boring.

Mark TFC
01-24-2015, 09:07 AM
Red Bulls kits always look the same but this is the nicest of their usual haha! I like the use of more red in it.

cdnorman
01-24-2015, 04:03 PM
I am personaly not a fan of putting the Maple Leaf on team jerseys, Case in point the Calgary Flames withy the Canadian Flag on one arm and the Alberta flag on the other arm. Kind of Dumb if you ask me. Put the symbol of Toronto on that jersey, that symbolises Toronto.

Absolutely. I am a Flames fan and I think that kind of faux patriotism is tacky. Why does Calgary need to show where its from via the flags? Do they not know where they are or do other teams not know where they are? Another question is: Who cares?

Having the maple leaf as a symbol (not a flag) on the jersey is a bit different and speaks more the culture of place and we DO live in maple territory. It's a nice image and I quite liked last season's jersey and would love to see that motif return. The Whitecaps diamond is a nice look and they've played it well and we could continue to do use the maple leaf in the same way. Still. to the point made earlier in the post, the maple leaf is more of a Canadian symbol than one that embodies Toronto so it's not necessary.

cdnorman
01-24-2015, 04:05 PM
Red Bulls kits always look the same but this is the nicest of their usual haha! I like the use of more red in it.

The Red Bulls use of a consistent image has really made it a strong brand. It's a great look and I quite appreciate when clubs can maintain a good, consistent look over time and still keep modern. Few clubs can do that or try.

TFC07
01-24-2015, 04:18 PM
Wait for new TFC jersey is killing me. No one with insight even have a clue how or when TFC jersey will be out. Hopefully there will be an event for fans to showcase new kit for this year.

flamehawk
01-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Speaking of symbols we could use, it seems like a bit of a stretch but when I first saw the II in TFC 2's logo, I thought of Princes' Gate. How about paying homage to Exhibition Grounds, which hosts our team, through use of Prince's or Dufferein Gate. Admittedly, most Torontonians might not instantly get the reference (which would be a significant problem) and non-Torontonians might mistake it for St Louis' monument (though Dufferin actually predates it) - but I'd personally love it and think you can use that feature in many different ways on a design.

TFC07
01-25-2015, 03:29 PM
Speaking of symbols we could use, it seems like a bit of a stretch but when I first saw the II in TFC 2's logo, I thought of Princes' Gate. How about paying homage to Exhibition Grounds, which hosts our team, through use of Prince's or Dufferein Gate. Admittedly, most Torontonians might not instantly get the reference (which would be a significant problem) and non-Torontonians might mistake it for St Louis' monument (though Dufferin actually predates it) - but I'd personally love it and think you can use that feature in many different ways on a design.

CN Tower (or city skyline in general) or City Hall should be used as symbols to represent Toronto. It's what most people in the city can relate Toronto to in terms of symbol. Dufferein and Princes' Gate don't mean much these days to Torontonians. So it will be a waste to use those as symbol.

flamehawk
01-25-2015, 03:46 PM
CN Tower (or city skyline in general) or City Hall should be used as symbols to represent Toronto. It's what most people in the city can relate Toronto to in terms of symbol. Dufferein and Princes' Gate don't mean much these days to Torontonians. So it will be a waste to use those as symbol.

I don't disagree - like I said, most Torontonians have no clue what they are. That said, one of Philly's most popular jerseys commemorates a team that noone other than soccer nerds know, so it's not to say that that is a must. I guess one issue with CN Tower is that it looks exactly like the Seattle Needle - but maybe it shouldn't be about differentiation.

Macksam
01-26-2015, 01:13 PM
For TFC, the team's home kit would look decent copying either the new Sounders or Orlando City home templates.

Damien
02-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Will TFC have a new home jersey this year or no?

Sopo
02-02-2015, 11:03 PM
Portland leak

http://i62.tinypic.com/166dkox.jpg

Damien
02-06-2015, 07:51 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9HWsYVCAAAjjF_.png

Canuck82
02-06-2015, 10:17 AM
Tell me that is not the TFC home jersey for this season. It looks like the Timbits jersey my child's team has....

Shway
02-06-2015, 10:37 AM
the red seems to off....lets hope that its not the jersey.

Mark TFC
02-06-2015, 09:07 PM
Pretty sure that's just a training top.

Macksam
02-06-2015, 10:53 PM
Pretty sure that's just a training top.

Why would they hang up everybody else's jersey and our training top?

That does look horrid but the lack of a sponsor is just adding to its blandness.

TFC07
02-06-2015, 11:59 PM

That does look horrid but the lack of a sponsor is just adding to its blandness.

Maybe because our jersey isn't made yet? TFC is holding back until they get shirt sponsor?

Mark TFC
02-07-2015, 11:15 AM

As mentioned above, it's simply not ready to hang up yet. They needed something so they put a training top up there.

Cashcleaner
02-07-2015, 11:18 AM
Portland leak

http://i62.tinypic.com/166dkox.jpg

I was just going to post this. I quite like it. The inverted chevron with light gren and white looks great. I'm kinda surprised they used the alternate TImbers crest, though. Anyway, the whole thing has a bit of a retro vibe going on and I like it.

Macksam
02-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Maybe because our jersey isn't made yet? TFC is holding back until they get shirt sponsor?

As mentioned above, it's simply not ready to hang up yet. They needed something so they put a training top up there.

Yeah, lol, I was just being a dick.

What you both say is certainly plausible.

Sopo
02-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Some people aren't happy with our new home kit... It could be worse guys.

http://i61.tinypic.com/14secdc.jpg

Mark TFC
02-07-2015, 06:55 PM

That's actually really nice!

RealG-TFC
02-07-2015, 07:21 PM
That's actually really cool given the New England flag. The only real problem is the Revs crest.

Brooker
02-07-2015, 08:11 PM
Liverpool colors. Can't wait til they play NYC. Might trick some people and get some decent ratings.

Cashcleaner
02-07-2015, 09:27 PM
That's actually really cool given the New England flag. The only real problem is the Revs crest.

Yeah, I'm digging the jersey. I like the inclusion of green trim, btw. But you're absolutely right about the crest. The Revs have one of the worst in MLS - if not THE worst.

JuliquE
02-07-2015, 09:34 PM

That's actually really nice!
Looks very festive, to me (Christmas). Not a fan, really.

Kaz
02-08-2015, 12:21 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9HWsYVCAAAjjF_.png

What I just learned from this.. as I never even looked at the screen.. is that apparently someone in there totally didn't have any need of being there... they clearly didn't get to the posting of a picture.

The other thing I learned.. is people in MLS be social media dumb if they need someone to explain this to them.

Yohan
02-08-2015, 03:07 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/02/06/dc-united-unveil-new-secondary-jersey-2015-mls-season

DC United alt kit. reminds me of a sports bra

TFC07
02-08-2015, 03:13 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/02/06/dc-united-unveil-new-secondary-jersey-2015-mls-season

DC United alt kit. reminds me of a sports bra

It still looks better than TFC new red jersey.

__wowza
02-08-2015, 03:42 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7sUQIh5ehiY/VNeobLTkMkI/AAAAAAAAfVU/U_ctLEjZ4fc/s650/chicago-fire-2015-away-jersey.jpg
away shirt

http://i.imgur.com/QJ2SLJb.jpg
away shirt

__wowza
02-08-2015, 03:43 PM
fuck me, i hate saying it but columbus are 2-2 this season. these are some gorgeous shirts.

__wowza
02-08-2015, 03:50 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9QpsksIUAIFjJo.png

this shirt just reminds me of the old paper we used to use for math class in grades 1 - 4.

Cashcleaner
02-08-2015, 04:40 PM
fuck me, i hate saying it but columbus are 2-2 this season. these are some gorgeous shirts.

Yeah...I need to shower or something. I feel so dirty. That black Away Top of theirs with the faded checkerboard is pretty fucking good. Chicago's Away Top is sorta ho-hum.

ag futbol
02-08-2015, 05:25 PM
Those Portland and NE kits... Wow, those look terrible.

I can't wait until the Adidas contract is up, although I suspect it's still running for a while.

__wowza
02-08-2015, 06:09 PM
adidas: we need more designs on the hips..
designer: please god, no more. almost every team we've made them for has hip tags.
adidas: MORE. HIP. TAGS.

Wagner
02-08-2015, 09:13 PM
some other kits we haven't had posted here.
some other opinions.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/02/08/2015-mls-kits-leak-dc-united-crew-dynamo-sporting-timbers-toronto-fc/

RealG-TFC
02-08-2015, 10:43 PM
The NE and Chicago jerseys have made me wonder what a Toronto flag jersey would look like .

Brooker
02-09-2015, 06:18 AM
Oh god Chicago even put the picture of the Quaker man on it. I'd hate that as a sponsor.

I think some North Americans are gonna be confused when they play SJ :D.

Mark TFC
02-21-2015, 09:57 PM
When is the league "officially" unveiling all kits?

__wowza
02-22-2015, 12:43 AM

jersey week (two weeks before the season kicks off)
aka: the week they officially unveil everything we've already seen.

djcuse
02-22-2015, 01:39 AM

Official MLS Jersey week is March 2nd-6th