PDA

View Full Version : TFC 2014-15 Off-Season player moves/speculation/rumours/etc. thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Kaz
12-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Ok here is a CAM rumour

Manger Tarte from Ligue 2 club AC Trop Gras

and by rumour I mean silliness with no truth at all

Ossington Mental Youth
12-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Ton of tweets suggesting Ferre is leaving Argentina. A ton of others suggesting supporters are sad to see him go.

"@Rincon_DeFutbol (https://twitter.com/Rincon_DeFutbol) 11h (https://twitter.com/Rincon_DeFutbol/status/541205630544252928)11 hours ago (https://twitter.com/Rincon_DeFutbol/status/541205630544252928)
#Belgrano (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Belgrano?src=hash) Hoy puede ser el ultimo partido de su capitan, Guillermo Farre. El jugador es pretendido por un equipo de la MLS"

evermorian
12-07-2014, 03:58 AM
This falls under the speculation category, but what about Fagundez from the Revs? A lot of their fans seem to think he is expendable and think it would be worth trading/loaning him out. Do you think he would be worth a go for TFC? I know he had a pretty below average year but we all know he has at least potential to be good in mls.

ensco
12-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Manger Tarte from Ligue 2 club AC Trop Gras

That is a mouthwatering prospect. I hope we nibble on that.

portu
12-07-2014, 12:51 PM
This falls under the speculation category, but what about Fagundez from the Revs? A lot of their fans seem to think he is expendable and think it would be worth trading/loaning him out. Do you think he would be worth a go for TFC? I know he had a pretty below average year but we all know he has at least potential to be good in mls.

that would be a pretty awesome loan

dont think they would ever trade him with all the euro clubs monitoring him though

portu
12-07-2014, 04:06 PM
what would we think of a bendik for collin straight swap?

Yohan
12-07-2014, 04:19 PM
what would we think of a bendik for collin straight swap?
i'd be delighted, pending on how much Collin's new contract would be. you can find a decent GK pretty easily.

zero indication that SKC is interested in Bendik though.

portu
12-07-2014, 04:26 PM
i'd be delighted, pending on how much Collin's new contract would be. you can find a decent GK pretty easily.

zero indication that SKC is interested in Bendik though.
I think they'd be interested in almost any keeper with two hands at the moment

Yohan
12-07-2014, 06:11 PM
I think they'd be interested in almost any keeper with two hands at the moment
no, SKC will be going after a keeper better than Bendik. they want another Jimmy Nielsen

ensco
12-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Nobody is "trading" anything of value for Bendik, he is a pretty marginal MLS player.

Trades in MLS are almost always about cap space, eg Oduro and his cap hit and contract was given to us, with the consideration being Rey's dollar cost for a month.

molenshtain
12-07-2014, 07:33 PM
no, SKC will be going after a keeper better than Bendik. they want another Jimmy Nielsen

Jimmy Nielsen is the most overrated player in league history.

OgtheDim
12-07-2014, 08:52 PM
Larson indicating tomorrow might be a busy day for MLS trades. And the protected list also due, although I'm not sure if that list is published tomorrow.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-07-2014, 09:19 PM
Spoke with Bez at the TFC holiday party tonight. Said 'I wouldnt bet on it" re: Collin but suggested he was taking calls and some trades wouldnt be a surprise at all

RealG-TFC
12-07-2014, 10:15 PM
Wonder if Rob Friend is:

A) Going to get dropped from LA
B) Open to playing anywhere but LA

flamehawk
12-08-2014, 12:27 AM
Wow, some folks are reporting that Okugo is getting traded to Orlando for 100k allocation. That is a deal I would've liked Toronto to make.

Detroit_TFC
12-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Scratch Collin off the list, going to Orlando City.

Canary10
12-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Wow, some folks are reporting that Okugo is getting traded to Orlando for 100k allocation. That is a deal I would've liked Toronto to make.

Traded for Collin too. Damn!

Canary10
12-08-2014, 10:08 AM
So Orlando probably has a better CB tandem than we've ever had. Already.

Areathrasher
12-08-2014, 10:28 AM
So Orlando probably has a better CB tandem than we've ever had. Already.

Okugo will play CDM for Orlando.

Orlando are killing it so far.

Detroit_TFC
12-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Good gawd there is a lot of business getting done in this mini window today.

PopePouri
12-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Okugo will play CDM for Orlando.

Orlando are killing it so far.

Lord know how much allocation they can wave in front of teams to get things done.

Areathrasher
12-08-2014, 10:39 AM
Interesting that Haggunds name is being thrown out as a trade target.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-08-2014, 11:20 AM
With IMFC for their first round pick. Probably to grab Larin

gdg_9
12-08-2014, 11:24 AM
With IMFC for their first round pick. Probably to grab Larin

This would be a mistake...
Not against going after Larin, but you want to ADD young players with high potential, not recycle one for another before giving them a real chance to reach it.

Detroit_TFC
12-08-2014, 11:29 AM
This would be a mistake...
Not against going after Larin, but you want to ADD young players with high potential, not recycle one for another before giving them a real chance to reach it.

This seems to happen over and over and over...

jloome
12-08-2014, 11:31 AM
Wonder if Rob Friend is:

He was wretched in LA. God help us if we're scooping that low.

OgtheDim
12-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Interesting that Haggunds name is being thrown out as a trade target.

Rumours only so far.

Larson doesn't expect anything today BTW, but he's on a plane so what else is he to say right now.

As for Collin, as per every trade: it all depends on the cap hit.

Orlando gave up allocation and were willing to pay him probably more then what Caldwell gets.

We don't need 2 CD's on over $350K, even if the cap rises.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Bez indicated to me he was accepting calls yesterday

jloome
12-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Rumours only so far.

Larson doesn't expect anything today BTW, but he's on a plane so what else is he to say right now.

As for Collin, as per every trade: it all depends on the cap hit.

Orlando gave up allocation and were willing to pay him probably more then what Caldwell gets.

We don't need 2 CD's on over $350K, even if the cap rises.

Also depends on Collin getting a new deal; his contract has expired and this just gives Orlando his rights for negotiation purposes. He might want DP money after Besler (not that he'd get it).

Ultra & Proud
12-08-2014, 11:41 AM
He was wretched in LA. God help us if we're scooping that low.
Agree 100% and I hope we're not re-entertaining the notion that stockpiling Canadians to appease the fan base will pay off.

Detroit_TFC
12-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Important point made on Twitter by some - teams dealing with Orlando and NYCFC today are likely to not get tapped in the expansion draft. They are handshake agreements but it does take some risk out of the thing for those teams.

PopePouri
12-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Important point made on Twitter by some - teams dealing with Orlando and NYCFC today are likely to not get tapped in the expansion draft. They are handshake agreements but it does take some risk out of the thing for those teams.

If that's the case, then we'll most likely lose at least one during the expansion draft.

OgtheDim
12-08-2014, 12:06 PM
If Bez isn't talking to Orlando and NYCFC about who they are going to take, I'd be surprised.

portu
12-08-2014, 12:15 PM
so many trades and we're not even remotely involved

Areathrasher
12-08-2014, 12:17 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-city-lions/on-the-pitch/os-orlando-city-sign-honduran-forward-bryan-rochez-20141208-post.html

This looks like a great pick up by Orlando.

OgtheDim
12-08-2014, 12:18 PM

Its only a 4 hour window.

Detroit_TFC
12-08-2014, 12:37 PM
If that's the case, then we'll most likely lose at least one during the expansion draft.

Yes, seems so.

Detroit_TFC
12-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Its only a 4 hour window.

then the window reopens after the expansion draft on Weds at 2 pm ET

At first I thought it was odd to have this flurry in such a small time frame but I imagine most of this has been worked out over the last month or so, and it does make sense to give teams a chance to position themselves before the expansion draft.

Ultra & Proud
12-08-2014, 12:39 PM
TFC has more important things to do like send out tweets showing the new ball MLS is using next year and even more emails and tweets warning of the upcoming early bird renewal deadline.

Areathrasher
12-08-2014, 12:45 PM
TFC has more important things to do like send out tweets showing the new ball MLS is using next year and even more emails and tweets warning of the upcoming early bird renewal deadline.

That damm social media team not trading for players, typical TFC dysfunction :lol:

Detroit_TFC
12-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Director of Celebrity Player Acquisition Drake chatting up Daniel Sturridge, in LA for rehab because its LA.

Ultra & Proud
12-08-2014, 02:48 PM
That damm social media team not trading for players, typical TFC dysfunction :lol:
Would it really be all that surprising if that was their priority?

At this point, I expect nothing good to happen for us ever and thusly am avoiding any excess TFC disappointment. We'll probably float through the re-entry draft too and then have to scramble to have a roster in place for the opener and have it filled with the core that produced so well for us last year along with our new draft picks. At least they can blame CBA uncertainty for it this time.

Areathrasher
12-08-2014, 03:03 PM

At this point, I expect nothing good to happen for us ever and thusly am avoiding any excess TFC disappointment. We'll probably float through the re-entry draft too and then have to scramble to have a roster in place for the opener and have it filled with the core that produced so well for us last year along with our new draft picks. At least they can blame CBA uncertainty for it this time.

Well, FC Dallas were tweeting about pizza, so...

Canary10
12-08-2014, 03:20 PM

Hopefully they remember to do their protected list in between tweets.

Ultra & Proud
12-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Hopefully they remember to do their protected list in between tweets.
I bet we expose someone unthinkable (to us anyway) and rue losing them. That seems our style.

gdg_9
12-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Here's my protected list, taking into account the Int'l player rules for this draft (Canadians count as Int'l), and not counting players that were on loan (Orr & Henry).

Protected 11
Int'l
Unprotected
Int'l
Automatic

Bradley

Konopka

Morgan
HGP

Bendik

Creavalle

Mannella
HGP

Moore

Bekker
Y
Hamilton
HGP

Morrow

Jackson
Y
Aparicio
HGP

Caldwell
Y
Oduro

Roberts
HGP

Bloom

Warner

Hagglund

Lovitz

Gilberto
Y
DeRo
Y

Defoe
Y
Dike

Osorio
Y
Wiedeman

Delgado

Hall

PopePouri
12-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Here's my protected list, taking into account the Int'l player rules for this draft (Canadians count as Int'l), and not counting players that were on loan (Orr & Henry).

Protected 11
Int'l
Unprotected
Int'l
Automatic

Bradley

Konopka

Morgan
HGP

Bendik

Creavalle

Mannella
HGP

Moore

Bekker
Y
Hamilton
HGP

Morrow

Jackson
Y
Aparicio
HGP

Caldwell
Y
Oduro

Roberts
HGP

Bloom

Warner

Hagglund

Lovitz

Gilberto
Y
DeRo
Y

Defoe
Y
Dike

Osorio
Y
Wiedeman

Delgado

Hall

No point in protecting Delgado. No one wanted him during the dispersal draft.

arsenal
12-08-2014, 05:00 PM
No point in protecting Delgado. No one wanted him during the dispersal draft.

Think that was one of the conditions of taking anyone in the dispersal draft ... that you had to protect them.

molenshtain
12-08-2014, 05:19 PM
I don't think we can really call out the FO for not being active today. There's too much we don't know about what was offered and where. From the small indications we've gotten so far, I feel like Vanney and Bez, and the larger organization for that matter, has a a pretty good idea of where we're going and who we want personnel wise.

Canary10
12-08-2014, 05:24 PM
I bet we expose someone unthinkable (to us anyway) and rue losing them. That seems our style.

I could see us forgetting to submit it and we lose everyone.

PopePouri
12-08-2014, 05:25 PM
I could see us forgetting to submit it and we lose everyone.

And they will raise the ticket prices 100% and then we fold the next year.

sidvan
12-08-2014, 05:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/448461025739018240/p1a6XT_o_bigger.jpegLuke Wileman ‏@LukeWileman (https://twitter.com/LukeWileman) 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/LukeWileman/status/542083259715551233)
Toronto FC announces the club has received funds from Vancouver Whitecaps FC to complete the Matias Laba transaction. #MLS (https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLS?src=hash)

Still Kicking
12-08-2014, 05:48 PM
However, per league rules, no disclosure as to the amount of funds. MLS treats fans who care and follow closely like crap. How can we evaluate our team's moves? Prawn sandwich, sir. Here is a prawn sandwich on the house. Thanks to the funds we obtained from Vancouver, we can afford to hand out a dozen prawn sandwiches!!!

molenshtain
12-08-2014, 05:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/448461025739018240/p1a6XT_o_bigger.jpegLuke Wileman ‏@LukeWileman (https://twitter.com/LukeWileman) 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/LukeWileman/status/542083259715551233)
Toronto FC announces the club has received funds from Vancouver Whitecaps FC to complete the Matias Laba transaction. #MLS (https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLS?src=hash)

It was never going to be anything else. Let's just hope we spend a chunk of allocation money this off-season so we can see some benefits.

Canary10
12-08-2014, 06:26 PM
It was never going to be anything else. Let's just hope we spend a chunk of allocation money this off-season so we can see some benefits.

It would be nice to know how much at least. Hopefully we got our money back.

Where is this protected list that was supposed to be released by 5:00?

jloome
12-08-2014, 06:31 PM

Any interest in Attakora or Kyle Porter? DC has declined options on both. I don't think too many of us had a problem with Attakora when he was here; mostly a contract dispute that led to him falling out. Porter looked good when he first went to D.C. but has appeared out of his depth since.

molenshtain
12-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Any interest in Attakora or Kyle Porter? DC has declined options on both. I don't think too many of us had a problem with Attakora when he was here; mostly a contract dispute that led to him falling out. Porter looked good when he first went to D.C. but has appeared out of his depth since.

Rumour was Attakora got moved out because he got into some physical altercation and Preki wasn't having it. I like him though, I think he'd be a good 3rd CB, though I haven't watched much of him since he left.

OgtheDim
12-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Protected

Jermain Defoe, Gilberto, Luke Moore, Jonathan Osorio, Michael Bradley, Collen Warner, Justin Morrow, Nick Hagglund, Joe Bendik, Kyle Bekker and Warren Creavalle.

Homegrown players

Quillan Roberts, Jordan Hamilton, Ashtone Morgan, Chris Mannella, Marco Delgado and Manny Aparicio,

Six players exposed

Jackson, Dominic Oduro, Mark Bloom, Steven Caldwell, Chris Konopka and Daniel Lovitz.

molenshtain
12-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Protected

Jermain Defoe, Gilberto, Luke Moore, Jonathan Osorio, Michael Bradley, Collen Warner, Justin Morrow, Nick Hagglund, Joe Bendik, Kyle Bekker and Warren Creavalle.

Homegrown players

Quillan Roberts, Jordan Hamilton, Ashtone Morgan, Chris Mannella, Marco Delgado and Manny Aparicio,

Six players exposed

Jackson, Dominic Oduro, Mark Bloom, Steven Caldwell, Chris Konopka and Daniel Lovitz.

interesting. I think they made the right call on all of those. Maybe Jackson instead of Bekker but I'm okay with it otherwise.

portu
12-08-2014, 06:37 PM
so we protect bekker vanney must love him then

All three wingers are exposed as well so i guess that speaks to the confidence vanney has in our wide play

oh and we'll definetly be looking for a new rb

OgtheDim
12-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Bloom off to Orlando most likely. Bekker?

Caldwell is a risk but worth it. If they take him, we move on with a lot more cap space. Jackson and Oduro the same.

WAIT - Delgado is a HG?

DeRo Fan #1
12-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Delgado is an HGP?
I called that after the Dispersal Draft, but didn't it was actually true.
Pretty sure Bloom and Lovitz get picked though.
Oduro, Jackson, Caldwell all getting paid a bunch, they're safe.
Konopka, no one really wants to take him.

molenshtain
12-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Any word on everyone else's lists?

Canary10
12-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Isn't there a limit to how many players can be taken from one team?

Auzzy
12-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Although we can quibble about a few of these choices, the one that really has me WTFing is protecting Bekker. He's had a decent amount of time, I just don't see the appeal. Plus he's Canadian, so I doubt Orlando or NY will be interested, as he's international for the US teams. Why not protect Lovitz instead? Not even looking at the salaries, I just don't see any upside for Bekker.

dantdot
12-08-2014, 06:46 PM
All of them
http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/orlando-city-sc-and-new-york-city-fc-prepare-build-rosters-available-player-list-announced-0

Auzzy
12-08-2014, 06:48 PM
You can lose up to a maximum of two players

OgtheDim
12-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Cahill rumours for the next few days.

Canary10
12-08-2014, 06:57 PM
You can lose up to a maximum of two players

Thanks. Bloom seems a for sure.

Richard
12-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Lol@Bekker

Maybe it was done so he doesn't feel so bad lmao.

Is Lovitz worse than Bekker?

pdubs
12-08-2014, 07:01 PM
I hope we do not loose Lovitz. I like what he contributed last year plus his potential as a left footed player. I loved his drive to go forward and attack. Certainly him instead of Bekker is a no brainer for me. Especially, as has been mentioned, Bekker being an international to the two American teams selecting.

pdubs
12-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Lol@Bekker

Maybe it was done so he doesn't feel so bad lmao.

Is Lovitz worse than Bekker?

I feel Lovitz brought and has the potential to bring a lot more then Bekker. Bekker is a physically weak player that when brought under pressure looses all attacking thrust. Lovitz as a wide player seems to relish taking people on. To me he always wanted to get forward.

OgtheDim
12-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Well I suppose there is always the potential that Bekker is trade bait for somebody out there awaiting a change in the status of Canadians down south.

But that is being really optimistic.

Every team has a guy who nobody quite gets why they are still around - ours is Bekker.

molenshtain
12-08-2014, 07:11 PM
The thing that's interesting about Bekker is he's really good at the one thing that most MLS midfields can't do, but is fucking awful at doing every single thing MLS hardened midfielders can do. it's odd. I guess Vanney believes, like Nelsen, that he can teach him to do the little things.

Jpexxx
12-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Im pretty happy with that list.

I know Bloom is popular around here, but it wouldn't make me that sad to see him get taken. Agree with most of the comments that Lovitz/ Bloom are most likely to be taken. Lovitz would disappoint me moreso than Bloom, but I feel like this years draft will be a big day for TFC, whether they move 1-2 of those 1st round picks, or if they stock up on a couple youngsters. Lovitz had a good year as a rookie, but was a 2nd round pick. Surely we can find someone in the draft with comparable skill set?

ag futbol
12-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Aka the transfer fee we paid for him in the first place. Doubt it amounts to anything. Our trade proceeds are basically Michael Bradley.

pdubs
12-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Are those funds usable for allocation? Or only a % of it?

ag futbol
12-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Well I suppose there is always the potential that Bekker is trade bait for somebody out there awaiting a change in the status of Canadians down south.

But that is being really optimistic.

Every team has a guy who nobody quite gets why they are still around - ours is Bekker.
He can always be scooped and traded to any club in the league as well, including the other two canadian ones, let's not forget that.

Not really sure of his value, but am I harsh for saying there isn't much worth taking on this team once you get past the first 5-7 obvious starters? We're not very deep or talented on the back end.

Yohan
12-08-2014, 07:21 PM
for the sake of housekeeping, there is an expansion draft thread already

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?36608-The-2014-expansion-re-entry-draft-thread/page3

notthesun
12-08-2014, 07:22 PM
I'd be sad if we lost Lovitz. If things go his way he will likely develop into a legitimate offensive bench option in this league. That would be a big accomplishment for a supplemental draft pick.

I hope there's a behind-the-scenes reason for protecting Bekker, because otherwise I feel that is a waste.

mowe
12-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Although we can quibble about a few of these choices, the one that really has me WTFing is protecting Bekker. He's had a decent amount of time, I just don't see the appeal. Plus he's Canadian, so I doubt Orlando or NY will be interested, as he's international for the US teams. Why not protect Lovitz instead? Not even looking at the salaries, I just don't see any upside for Bekker.
Agreed 100%. No chance Bekker would have been picked up. I would've protected Lovitz.

OgtheDim
12-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Going to need a RB.

Dub Narcotic
12-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Bloom over Bekker is very surprising, especially if they were planning on signing on Jay Chapman and a DP attacking midfielder, both of which they should very much do.

jloome
12-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Going to need a RB.

Like Bloom, But Delgado is already a better right back.

notthesun
12-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Wonder if Rob Friend is:

Retiring due to concussion issues.

https://twitter.com/LAGalaxyInsider/status/542168006642515968

jloome
12-09-2014, 02:22 AM
Pretty sure RoRo was linked to us (or at least MLS) a while back
Around the time of the Alex Lopez and Arnold Peralta rumours?

He's also best friends with Lopez since childhood, so depending on what Lopez has told him about his disappointing time in Houston, RoRo may not be all that keen to come to MLS.

Apparently that long list I posted is getting shorter; Bryan Rochez may be signing with Orlando next week.

Auzzy
12-09-2014, 02:27 AM
Thanks. Bloom seems a for sure.

We shall see how the expansion draft goes, but there could be a handshake deal in place with Orlando for Bloom. That way there would only be a risk of losing one unknown player.

To the folks who would be sad to see Bloom go -- I agree somewhat. Although Bloom was a bit inconsistent. He really dropped off when he came back after the birth of his baby. And on that note, if the guy wants to head to Orlando to be with his young family, this might be making the best of a bad situation i.e. the expansion draft. Plus we already have options at RB.

Looking at the salary list http://www.mlsplayers.org/images/September%2015%202014%20Salary%20Information%20-%20By%20Club%20(updated).pdf has me scratching my head even more about Bekker. He's on $51k, $77k guaranteed, and he's Canadian. Lovitz is on $36k. Makes absolutely no sense. Sure maybe Vanney think he can teach Bekker something. But how do you teach a guy to care more about the game than his hair, when he hasn't been able to show that consistently for 2 seasons?

LOL at some of the Facebook comments, on TFC's post about the protected/unprotected list. Some of the people just don't get it.

Oldtimer
12-09-2014, 08:16 AM
LOL at some of the Facebook comments, on TFC's post about the protected/unprotected list. Some of the people just don't get it.

I agree totally. People giving strong opinions with only a superficial knowledge of things. (Oh wait, this is the internet :facepalm: , I suppose that is to be expected!).

Initial B
12-09-2014, 08:35 AM
He's the new Reggie Lambe? Maybe the CSA/Benito Floro has something hanging over TFC management that forces them to keep him on the roster and keep giving him minutes?

Ossington Mental Youth
12-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Sounds as if Farre is going to happen
http://mundod.lavoz.com.ar/futbol/guillermo-farre-ensaya-un-hasta-pronto-de-belgrano

molenshtain
12-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Sounds as if Farre is going to happen
http://mundod.lavoz.com.ar/futbol/guillermo-farre-ensaya-un-hasta-pronto-de-belgrano

Can anyone translate?

Could be similiar to Seattle picking up Pineda last year though . He did wonders for there counter-attack.

molenshtain
12-09-2014, 06:26 PM
If anyone wants Farre's (sort of) highlight tape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHPEjMnlEok

Ossington Mental Youth
12-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Can anyone translate?

Could be similiar to Seattle picking up Pineda last year though . He did wonders for there counter-attack.

Dudes their captain and much loved. Could be a good add. Bet he comes cheap.

molenshtain
12-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Dudes their captain and much loved. Could be a good add. Bet he comes cheap.

It's crazy how enticing getting paid on time is when it's never happened to you.

evermorian
12-09-2014, 06:33 PM
Dudes their captain and much loved. Could be a good add. Bet he comes cheap. He does seem to have a good pedigree, but I hope he comes cheap too. I'm a bit concerned about his age and am hoping there is another, younger midfielder in the plans.

molenshtain
12-09-2014, 06:45 PM
He scored the goal that sent River Plate down for the first time in forever and is described on his spanish wiki page as "tactically disciplined and a surpise arrival on goal." sounds alright.

His stats on Football Manager are really good too. For whatever that's worth.

RealG-TFC
12-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Can anyone translate?

There's a lot of drama in the article haha. I'll just interpret each paragraph:

1 - Suggesting Farre's last game marked his last appearance for Belgrano
2 - Scored the goal that relegated River Plate, he appears to be on the eve of signing a 2 year deal with Toronto
3 - Toronto was interested months ago, gave him an offer he could hardly refuse (yet he still appears to be interested in going back to Belgrano one day)
4 - He confirmed interest and said the contract is there but it is yet to be finalized, so until it is everything is uncertain. Pretty much said "we'll see how it plays out".
5 - He wants to finish his career at Belgrano (bolded in the article). Said he definitely wants to end there, but wants to try out a new culture and superior contract
6 - His intermediary will call him this week. Says he's anxious but still says things won't necessarily be finalized this week.

Rest of the stuff is more about the end of the season for Belgrano.

evermorian
12-09-2014, 07:12 PM
He scored the goal that sent River Plate down for the first time in forever and is described on his spanish wiki page as "tactically disciplined and a surpise arrival on goal." sounds alright.

I am not denying his pedigree, but rather questioning how much he has left in the tank due to being on the wrong side of thirty. Because I don't know much about him, its a legitimate question to ask. If he is going to last only a season or two here than I hope that tfc has another midfielder in mind.

molenshtain
12-09-2014, 07:15 PM
I am not denying his pedigree, but rather questioning how much he has left in the tank due to being on the wrong side of thirty. Because I don't know much about him, its a legitimate question to ask. If he is going to last only a season or two here than I hope that tfc has another midfielder in mind.

Oh no I totally agree, I just think that if this team is committed for a playoff run this year we have to stock our team with a guy or two like this. Just dudes who are ringers who can totally hold down there position for a year while grooming a guy to take his place after he's gone. I doubt we'd be signing this guy without another younger guy who can play CM too.

RealG-TFC
12-09-2014, 07:27 PM
Also from my googling of "volante central" and the fact that he's #5 I think w're looking at a CB/CDM.

Areathrasher
12-09-2014, 07:48 PM
SoccerWiki has him as a DM(C) & M(RC)

ag futbol
12-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Also from my googling of "volante central" and the fact that he's #5 I think w're looking at a CB/CDM.
Think it suggests he's a holding mid of sorts, probably defensive as well. Aka the guy who we'll count on to get the ball off the backline without Bradley dropping too deep.

Jpexxx
12-09-2014, 10:59 PM
I'm sure it's in the highlight vid posted above, but here is that goal that sent River Plate down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q65PU8buX4

jloome
12-10-2014, 01:42 AM
He does seem to have a good pedigree, but I hope he comes cheap too. I'm a bit concerned about his age and am hoping there is another, younger midfielder in the plans.

He's a ninety-minute warrior; started 32 of 34 appearances last season, finished every appearance, picked up fifteen yellow cards.

OgtheDim
12-10-2014, 07:14 AM
He's a ninety-minute warrior; started 32 of 34 appearances last season, finished every appearance, picked up fifteen yellow cards.

Somebody else for the refs to pick on then....

ensco
12-10-2014, 08:28 AM
This Ferre story makes no sense. We don't have the cap space to spend $300-400K on a player like this, and I don't see him coming for less.

We have major cap issues, and will forever. Defoe will need to be replaced by a major signing for marketing reasons (this ain't it) .... and with Bradley, Gilberto, Caldwell, Oduro, that is half the cap for 5 players.

If Oduro gets miraculously picked up by someone, maybe they could do this, but I believe I'll see Santa coming down the chimney before that happens.

You need to be on the Columbus/SKC/RSL payroll model to play for these types of guys. Unless the cap goes to $4M or above. I'm not holding my breath.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-10-2014, 08:46 AM
id agree but we dont know our current allocation due to Laba, what the cap is going to be raised to etc etc. Ill wait and see

Phil
12-10-2014, 08:50 AM
This Ferre story makes no sense. We don't have the cap space to spend $300-400K on a player like this, and I don't see him coming for less.

We have major cap issues, and will forever. Defoe will need to be replaced by a major signing for marketing reasons (this ain't it) .... and with Bradley, Gilberto, Caldwell, Oduro, that is half the cap for 5 players.

If Oduro gets miraculously picked up by someone, maybe they could do this, but I believe I'll see Santa coming down the chimney before that happens.

You need to be on the Columbus/SKC/RSL payroll model to play for these types of guys. Unless the cap goes to $4M or above. I'm not holding my breath.

Well, between the Laba deal, others that we technically *don't* know about (they freed up money at the end of last year through some behind the scenes moves) and the anticipated increase in the cap.....we probably do have more room than we think.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Well, between the Laba deal, others that we technically *don't* know about (they freed up money at the end of last year through some behind the scenes moves) and the anticipated increase in the cap.....we probably do have more room than we think.

yeah heard this from several people too

Ossington Mental Youth
12-10-2014, 09:30 AM
MLS is murky at best, TFC is no different when it comes to money/allocation

mowe
12-10-2014, 10:16 AM
We're probably (hopefully) not paying Ecks' salary anymore. Plus Bez said he anticipates the cap to go up $1 million.

I'm interested to see how much Farre makes though. That article mentions a significant pay increase. How much does the average midfielder in Argentina make?

Ajax TFC
12-10-2014, 10:47 AM
(they freed up money at the end of last year through some behind the scenes moves)
You've piqued my curiosity. You mean like the Henry sale+loan back? Were there other weird moves like that that haven't become public yet?

Super
12-10-2014, 10:58 AM
We're probably (hopefully) not paying Ecks' salary anymore. Plus Bez said he anticipates the cap to go up $1 million.

I'm interested to see how much Farre makes though. That article mentions a significant pay increase. How much does the average midfielder in Argentina make?

Only $1 million? Wow! If that's the case then we're light years away from being a top 20 league in the world.

molenshtain
12-10-2014, 11:23 AM
SO we could be signing dudes today, right? the window opens after the draft is done. I'm hoping for some activity. I crave news.

Pookie
12-10-2014, 12:23 PM

So was Caldwell before the calendar turned over to 2014.

Risky business this aging thing. Buying stock right before it plummets isn't advisable.

ManUtd4ever
12-10-2014, 12:41 PM

Risky business this aging thing. Buying stock right before it plummets isn't advisable.

True, but that wasn't a problem with DC United this past season. LA also had it's share of wily veterans.

I think management just has to do their due diligence in terms of evaluating an older player's injury history prior to making any commitments.

ag futbol
12-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Although long forgotten, I assume Eckersley's contract is now off the books. No way in hell NY was paying 100% of that.

But I assume they are budgeting for a decent increase in cap room + players to be moved out. I don't think we're going to be too tight.

Might be the first time in history the books aren't a complete mess. Thank you KP.

jloome
12-10-2014, 01:59 PM

He has no injury history and is a defensive player, so he's on the lower end of that risk, as speed isn't his biggest issue. As for risk of injury, it increases with age but is still generally indicated by prior history and he has none.

Ensco, the everyday wages in the Argentine league are actually quite low unless you're a standout (he is), and even then they're not spectacular, very second/third/Scandinavia.

If he's like a lot of veteran starters there, he's probably making about $250K. Since they'll try to save money on him there as he ages and wins new contracts, moving to a parallel level to what he used to get might be what he's looking for, ala Higuain when he joined the league (and was on 180K).

I can see it, but not for more than $250K a season.

The one that would surprise me now is Bloom to Orlando, unless they want him to back up Dan Gargan, who they'll take early (despite mls' mock draft results, which are a bit puzzling.) After Gargan's last two seasons of consistently good play they'd be crazy not to.

Initial B
12-10-2014, 02:05 PM
How much does the average midfielder in Argentina make?
I think the higher paying leagues in South America follow: Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Columbia, Uruguay, Ecuador. Even then, a top Argentine midfielder should go for around $300,000 US in their league. If the cap is raised to where the starters can all be paid in the $300-400K range, I think we could be seeing a dramatic upswing in the quality of play in MLS next year.

I get the feeling the CBA will be ratified sooner than later - clubs will need to start signing players for the new season by the end of January transfer window. That will be hard to do if the budget isn't set.

jloome
12-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Lovitz is gone to NY.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Shame, liked the guy

Ossington Mental Youth
12-10-2014, 02:16 PM
looks like we keep Bloom tho

Pookie
12-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Shame, liked the guy

And another draft pick, with US domestic credentials, no longer in the stable.

RealG-TFC
12-10-2014, 03:04 PM
And another draft pick, with US domestic credentials, no longer in the stable.

Lovitz was only in his first year in the league and we drafted him 24th overall. He was nothing special, I'm fairly certain we can replace him with one of the many first round draft picks we have this year.

jloome
12-10-2014, 03:04 PM
In other depressing news, TFC Academy produces just two of the U20 qualifying roster:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/12/10/canada-u-20-national-team-name-players-december-training-camp

Ruffian
12-10-2014, 03:14 PM
In other depressing news, TFC Academy produces just two of the U20 qualifying roster:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/12/10/canada-u-20-national-team-name-players-december-training-camp

Brandon John was TFC academy previously and Petrasso and Carreiro (U20 team regulars this year) were TFC products also.

barticusz
12-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Curious.. is Jay Chapman still within Toronto's system or is he available for all. I was under the impression he is going into the draft but the latest article on the website makes it sound like he is still a Toronto player.

PopePouri
12-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Curious.. is Jay Chapman still within Toronto's system or is he available for all. I was under the impression he is going into the draft but the latest article on the website makes it sound like he is still a Toronto player.

Word is that he'll likely be signed as a homegrown or overseas. I doubt he goes through the draft.

gdg_9
12-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Both Larson & Molinaro are saying TFC are not done today... expecting another move to come before end of day.

EDIT: Larson now saying TFC will be active tonight in the trade market.

EDIT 2: Molinaro says it will be a "good" move.

jabbronies
12-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 13m13 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/542779058996932609)
The Toronto Sun has learned that the Reds will be active tonight on the trade market following today's expansion draft.

Jpexxx
12-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Both Larson & Molinaro are saying TFC are not done today... expecting another move to come before end of day.

EDIT: Larson now saying TFC will be active tonight in the trade market.

EDIT 2: Molinaro says it will be a "good" move.

This excites me.

jloome
12-10-2014, 04:08 PM
This excites me.

Should be something good if they're touting it to reporters early.

Red CB Toronto
12-10-2014, 04:13 PM
The calm before the storm, sugar plums dancing around in my belly.

Auzzy
12-10-2014, 04:24 PM
I've learned to never, ever get excited before TFC announcements like this; mostly not afterwards either.

Jpexxx
12-10-2014, 04:29 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/12/10/mls-waiver-draft-wednesday-afternoon?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

Here is the list of guy's available today.

Agboss is there.
Kyle Porter too.

portu
12-10-2014, 04:31 PM
calling hagglund for felipe right now

TFC07
12-10-2014, 04:32 PM

You crazy. lol

Anyway, no one on waiver list interest me.

Ajax TFC
12-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Why is Bradley Orr there?

DeRo Fan #1
12-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Why is Bradley Orr there?
His rights are there.
Even though he is an active Blackburn player, his MLS rights are available.

jloome
12-10-2014, 04:56 PM

There are some really good players available in the waiver draft, going on right now. I suspect we'll sign several.

Ajax TFC
12-10-2014, 05:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/485405940330405888/RI36eH-6_normal.jpegKurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) · 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/542803915704913920)

Have confirmation that Toronto FC did not select anyone in the first phase of tonight's waiver draft.

Richard
12-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Lovitz was only in his first year in the league and we drafted him 24th overall. He was nothing special, I'm fairly certain we can replace him with one of the many first round draft picks we have this year.

Is he worse than Becker? That's what it comes down too.

Not impressed by the talent evaluation so far by this management group far.

sashavukelich
12-10-2014, 05:20 PM

We won't trade our CB's....there is absolutely no chance we give up Haggs.

Initial B
12-10-2014, 05:21 PM
*sigh*

So much for all the buildup. I guess NASL will be getting an influx of ex-MLS talent...

Red CB Toronto
12-10-2014, 05:25 PM
I love this team, just enjoy it and stop worry about who is coming and who is going, at the end of the day we have not control over this, so just enjoy the holiday season and looking forward to the 2015 season whatever the roster may be.

Ajax TFC
12-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Is he worse than Becker? That's what it comes down too.
You're making an irrelevant point. If Bekker wasn't protected, then Bloom would have been and Lovitz would have been taken anyway. Or if Lovitz was protected, then Bloom would have been selected by Orlando.

Besides that, Bekker isn't as bad as many people like to make him out as. He's not good enough to justify his being selected third overall, but he's good enough to be a cheap CM depth. That's something we don't often have. We've had to put up with starting midfielders with much less composure on the ball (his isn't great, but it's not terrible either. He can at least make a pass along the ground, unlike some players we've had a paid a lot more than him) and worse positioning. In terms of value, I'd rate them around the same, maybe giving Bekker the edge. And getting players who can do an alright job out wide isn't all that difficult.

KGH
12-10-2014, 05:45 PM
Haha. Lovitz back to TFC!!!

gracos
12-10-2014, 05:47 PM
We paid NYCFC allocation and our team remains intact,we keep Daniel Lovitz

BritSOL
12-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Lovitz is back.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2014/12/daniel-lovitz-re-acquired-new-york-city-fc

KGH
12-10-2014, 05:48 PM
We paid NYCFC allocation and our team remains intact,we keep Daniel Lovitz

We got allocation for losing him. I wonder how much additional was required to get him back.

Auzzy
12-10-2014, 05:48 PM
LOL WUT

Toronto FC ‏@torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/542811088589684736)
Stop the plane! Toronto FC has re-acquired Daniel Lovitz from @NYCFC (https://twitter.com/NYCFC): http://bit.ly/1se0DHC (http://t.co/jiVO42ov4F)

Red CB Toronto
12-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Stop the plane, unpack the bags, Daniel is staying, everyone can relax now.

DeRo Fan #1
12-10-2014, 05:52 PM
I get this now.
They told NYCFC to take him so they could protect Bloom and in the end technically protect 13 players instead of 11.

Richard
12-10-2014, 05:56 PM
This is quite amusing.

mowe
12-10-2014, 05:56 PM
I get this now.
They told NYCFC to take him so they could protect Bloom and in the end technically protect 13 players instead of 11.

Nice of NYCFC to cooperate. We must have sent a good amount of allocation.

starter
12-10-2014, 05:59 PM
So rational for exposing Bloom was not there.

They could have saved 'undisclosed amount of allocation' by exposing Moore instead of Lovitz.
I do not get love for Moore -- he is a fraction of either RJ, Santos, Gordon, or Mista :hide:

portu
12-10-2014, 06:01 PM
that was anticlimactic
meanwhile olave moves back to RSL... yet another veteran CB not coming to Toronto

reggie
12-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Wow TIM...should we plan the parade route.i guess he likes this roster,a team that won 3 or 4 games out of the last 20...im going to renew now:facepalm:

Yohan
12-10-2014, 06:04 PM
can we wait until opening day to assess whether Bez sucked this off season or not?

today was just opening round of trades for most teams. expect more business to happen during re entry draft and onwards

Areathrasher
12-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Wow TIM...should we plan the parade route.i guess he likes this roster,a team that won 3 or 4 games out of the last 20...im going to renew now:facepalm:

It's December

reggie
12-10-2014, 06:15 PM
no big deal....we got a lot of allo in the LABA deal:facepalm:oh wait we didnt get any allo in the laba deal?:rolleyes:

Ossington Mental Youth
12-10-2014, 06:22 PM
yeah we did

Areathrasher
12-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Yea, a % of the cash that the Caps paid can be converted to allocation.

Red CB Toronto
12-10-2014, 06:23 PM
So who is up joining me in Philly to makeup the TFC supporters section at the SuperDraft, stand up, be loud and proud, great place to see the action up close and personal. The GMs wheeling and dealing right before your own eyes.

anto7
12-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Too bad nobody didn't start a Daniel Lovitz appreciation thread......would have been priceless

Ajax TFC
12-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Anyone want to go to the airport to greet our new signing? Lets form a welcoming party to make him feel at home in a new city

reggie
12-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Yea, a % of the cash that the Caps paid can be converted to allocation.
i heard its jus cash not allo. tim told me to my face that it jus cash no allo involved.

moralis
12-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Seems Guillermo Farre to TFC is false according to MLS Soccer:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/12/10/transfer-watch-are-toronto-fc-really-chasing-argentine-guillermo-farre-sourc?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

reggie
12-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Anyone want to go to the airport to greet our new signing? Lets form a welcoming party to make him feel at home in a new city
afterall he has never been to Vaughan the maybe new location of ther new USL club..

flamehawk
12-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Is it safe to assume that all those tweets regarding a big trade was just Lovitz and I can stop refreshing twitter

Pookie
12-10-2014, 07:49 PM
I like getting Lovitz back.

Toronto writes off rookies way too easily. Shrewd bit of work there by the Bez.

+1

Oldtimer
12-11-2014, 06:53 AM
I like getting Lovitz back.

Toronto writes off rookies way too easily. Shrewd bit of work there by the Bez.

+1

I agree. It was actually a very good move by Bez.

BTW, fior the reggies out there, they did cut quite a few marginal players earlier. I'm expecting upgrades around this core.

ensco
12-11-2014, 08:37 AM
This isn't about Lovitz per se .....How can anyone know what to think of the Lovitz thing without knowing what the allocation we gave up was? Bez can say anything he feels like, we'll never know. Allocation is valuable! I've got one opinion if it was 50K, another at 150K.

It's the same day we find out he made up the story about what we were getting for Laba!

Red CB Toronto
12-11-2014, 09:28 AM
This isn't about Lovitz per se .....How can anyone know what to think of the Lovitz thing without knowing what the allocation we gave up was? Bez can say anything he feels like, we'll never know. Allocation is valuable! I've got one opinion if it was 50K, another at 150K.

It's the same day we find out he made up the story about what we were getting for Laba!

They got allocation for loosing him in the first place, so likely just gave that to NYCFC. Now I am making an assumption here, but if they gave them the same amount they go it really amount to being able to protect two extra players ie him and Bloom.

Auzzy
12-11-2014, 10:20 AM
John Molinaro mentioned on Twitter that the Lovitz deal with NYFC was arranged in advance (as we expected here). Also as far as I understand his tweets, TFC paid approx. in allocation to NYFC, what TFC got in the first place from the league for losing Lovitz.

Likely NY wasn't very interested in anyone on TFC's unprotected list, but would like more allo cash for various other deals. So the benefit for NY: out of a selection of unappetizing choices (TFC's unprotected list), they get some more allocation rather than just skipping over TFC's list & getting nothing in return. Benefit for TFC is that they got to protect another player -- actually two players, as the bogus selection of Lovitz let them also protect Bloom. All that for little to no allocation lost by TFC.

Just guessing here -- a few people mentioned that players selected in the expansion draft have to be offered a spot on the senior roster, likely including a raise for Lovitz. I imagine that rule would carry back to TFC. So a theoretic downside for TFC could be, having to pay Lovitz more. However, as he was on $36k with significant playing time last season, he was likely due a raise anyway, and certainly deserved it. That in turn would have been the incentive for Lovitz & his agent etc. to keep quiet about this deal, assuming they were warned that there's a deal being swung & Lovitz won't actually have to leave.

I just hope they got the allocation amounts in writing beforehand. I'm not sure if Mr. Garber likes his bucks to be used in this way. Other than that, could be a very shrewd piece of business.

Initial B
12-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Well, Bez did work in the MLS FO for a while, so I'm sure he knows all the loopholes and how to expoit them. I think he'll probably be a decent GM except his PR skills require some improvement.

Areathrasher
12-11-2014, 11:13 AM
NYCFC probably need a bucketload of allo to pay down the salaries of the 4 Man City youth players/reserves they get on loan.

Oldtimer
12-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Jas far as I understand his tweets, TFC paid approx. in allocation to NYFC, what TFC got in the first place from the league for losing Lovitz.

A TFC deal where everyone is happy and TFC breaks even on the deal? Now that's a first!

ensco
12-11-2014, 12:40 PM
John Molinaro mentioned on Twitter that the Lovitz deal with NYFC was arranged in advance (as we expected here). Also as far as I understand his tweets, TFC paid approx. in allocation to NYFC, what TFC got in the first place from the league for losing Lovitz.

Likely NY wasn't very interested in anyone on TFC's unprotected list, but would like more allo cash for various other deals. So the benefit for NY: out of a selection of unappetizing choices (TFC's unprotected list), they get some more allocation rather than just skipping over TFC's list & getting nothing in return. Benefit for TFC is that they got to protect another player -- actually two players, as the bogus selection of Lovitz let them also protect Bloom. All that for little to no allocation lost by TFC.

Just guessing here -- a few people mentioned that players selected in the expansion draft have to be offered a spot on the senior roster, likely including a raise for Lovitz. I imagine that rule would carry back to TFC. So a theoretic downside for TFC could be, having to pay Lovitz more. However, as he was on $36k with significant playing time last season, he was likely due a raise anyway, and certainly deserved it. That in turn would have been the incentive for Lovitz & his agent etc. to keep quiet about this deal, assuming they were warned that there's a deal being swung & Lovitz won't actually have to leave.

I just hope they got the allocation amounts in writing beforehand. I'm not sure if Mr. Garber likes his bucks to be used in this way. Other than that, could be a very shrewd piece of business.

This isn't hanging together, I don't see the NYCFC perspective in this version of events. I could see it if it was the last pick in the draft, maybe, but why would they waste a relatively high pick to do this, unless they were getting more than the allocation they gave up?

barticusz
12-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Regarding the Defoe to QPR Rumours:

http://www.sbisoccer.com/2014/12/redknapp-making-approach.html

In addition, Redknapp revealed he has yet to make a move for Defoe as well, despite attempting to lure the Toronto FC striker to QPR towards the end of the summer window.
“No, I’ve never spoken about Jermain,” Redknapp said. “We made an enquiry in the summer. It was too expensive, we couldn’t do a deal and the club wouldn’t let him go anyway.
“I’ve said all along if it’s an expensive deal we wouldn’t be able to do it. He’s a good player again, but his age and everything else (makes it difficult). The type of money the club paid for him they won’t get that back, I wouldn’t have thought.

pdogg
12-11-2014, 12:47 PM
This isn't hanging together, I don't see the NYCFC perspective in this version of events. I could see it if it was the last pick in the draft, maybe, but why would they waste a relatively high pick to do this, unless they were getting more than the allocation they gave up?

Well, if Orlando picked a TFC player before they do, the whole deal falls apart.

arsenal
12-11-2014, 12:54 PM

The allocation given to teams for losing player was from league coffers not NYCFC or OCFC.

ensco
12-11-2014, 02:05 PM
The allocation given to teams for losing player was from league coffers not NYCFC or OCFC.

Ahhh then it could make sense.

portu
12-11-2014, 03:08 PM
holy shit
nycfc, seattle, sporting, montreal and two other teams wanted bekker this season

do we know what we have then?

jloome
12-11-2014, 03:14 PM
holy shit
nycfc, seattle, sporting, montreal and two other teams wanted bekker this season

As several people have noted, we know he has great technique and great potential, but we've seen fuck all to suggest he'll achieve it. Maybe that's a natural element of both our team's lack of success and our resulting impatience for performance, but to me he hasn't even looked close yet.

Then again, we may know that and be using him for trade bait because others think that potential is worth exploring. I can't see him doing a Zusi on us, though, and suddenly become an explosive player. He has so much to work on.

Ultra & Proud
12-11-2014, 03:17 PM
holy shit

No we don't, literally and figuratively. On one hand there is obviously is something there or no one would be interested, much less good teams. Also as I said earlier Floro seems to see enough in him to make him an automatic call up for all CMNT matches. However, most if not all of us fail to see what everyone else does but there has to be something there that isn't showing other than his frequent floating and indifferent play.

PopePouri
12-11-2014, 03:31 PM
I still think he's untested in a more advanced role for TFC. He had one game under for Nelsen at no. 10 (I recall he was excellent then) and then flashes with Vanney.

Areathrasher
12-11-2014, 03:44 PM
holy shit

Just saw this and my reaction was "LOL WUT"

mitchf
12-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Stop it, Bekker is bad, don't deceive yourselves.

Auzzy
12-11-2014, 03:55 PM

Exactly, arsenal beat me to it. If this explanation is true, then it's just a bit of allocash laundering. I wonder if this loophole will still exist in future years.

Yohan
12-11-2014, 04:01 PM
No we don't, literally and figuratively. On one hand there is obviously is something there or no one would be interested, much less good teams. Also as I said earlier Floro seems to see enough in him to make him an automatic call up for all CMNT matches. However, most if not all of us fail to see what everyone else does but there has to be something there that isn't showing other than his frequent floating and indifferent play.
he must be really amazing during training

Ajax TFC
12-11-2014, 04:07 PM
I'm kinda torn on Bekker. On the one hand, I think Bekker could be really good with dynamic players around him (read players that actually make intelligent movements off the ball) and played in an attacking system. On the other hand, there's nothing about the way he carries himself on the pitch (no hard work) that makes me actually want to set up the team in a way that works for him. I think if Vanney plans on setting up the team in a way that would suit him anyway, then keep him around. But if not, then let him move on.

RealG-TFC
12-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Maybe he needs to be put into USL-Pro or loand out to an NASL club.

Ajax TFC
12-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Exactly, arsenal beat me to it. If this explanation is true, then it's just a bit of allocash laundering. I wonder if this loophole will still exist in future years.
I'm not sure how they could stop teams from doing that. You'd have to make restrictions like you're not allowed to trade the player you drafted back to the team you drafted them from. Which isn't an uncommon thing for teams to do actually. It's just a part of the expansion draft

Ultra & Proud
12-11-2014, 04:19 PM
he must be really amazing during training
Maybe he's one of those guys who freezes up when the pressure mounts. Lots of guys are great in practice but can't translate it to real matches. I was one of them when I played football (pointy) in my younger days. I was the #1 lineman on the squad based on practices/scrimmages but I was shite in almost every game. Was lost in a fog for most games and afraid to make mistakes so much that I was super tentative. That could be something happening with him.

Yohan
12-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Maybe he's one of those guys who freezes up when the pressure mounts. Lots of guys are great in practice but can't translate it to real matches. I was one of them when I played football (pointy) in my younger days. I was the #1 lineman on the squad based on practices/scrimmages but I was shite in almost every game. Was lost in a fog for most games and afraid to make mistakes so much that I was super tentative. That could be something happening with him.
bekker won't be the first footballer to fail to make it in the pros, despite being so talented. some guys just can't put it together esp during matches when it counts

brad
12-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Protecting Bekker does not mean keeping Bekker. If 6 teams wanted him, letting him go for free in the expansion draft would rank amongst the stupidest thing this team has done. He has trade value.

That said, I don't think trading him is in the cards. There is obviously something there that we don't see, but Nelly saw it, Vanney sees it, and apparently some of the best managers in the league also do as well. Obviously there is potential there. He might not fulfill it, but it is there.

ManUtd4ever
12-11-2014, 04:28 PM

Yeah, my guess is that we gave them enough allocation to make it worth their while to essentially waste a higher pick. The amount of allocation we received for losing Lovitz in the first place was probably enough to make the transaction worthwhile from our perspective, but I don't believe that it was a wash. My guess is we probably gave NYC about 75k and we probably received 50k. Still a shrewd maneuver by Bez though to protect an extra player for all intents and purposes.

spark
12-11-2014, 05:26 PM

I would suggest after eight years, most if not all MLS teams don't hold against a player their performances at TFC. Many people disparage NCAA, however, in Bekker's case he was front and centre in a solid division that would have been scouted by US MLS teams. Add in the combine performance and pretty much every team in the league was aware of who he was and what he could be. As he's sitting on the sidelines with Toronto, or getting infrequent time, inquiries started coming in, especially this summer. If we extrapolate the teams that were interested in him - KC, Seattle, NYFC and the style of football those teams play and ask ourselves is that what we're doing? Answer, hell no. It's no wonder he hasn't looked good - to be blunt RN was a shit coach with shit assistants (OLeary/Oughten). Maybe if Vanney offers something in the vein of the above teams or coaches we'll see something more, and IMO in the Jamaica game he should have scored and played like someone we'd never seen in the last two years. I think he has the potential to be a good MLSer if he's with a team that suits his style of play.

Yohan
12-11-2014, 06:03 PM
I would suggest after eight years, most if not all MLS teams don't hold against a player their performances at TFC. Many people disparage NCAA, however, in Bekker's case he was front and centre in a solid division that would have been scouted by US MLS teams. Add in the combine performance and pretty much every team in the league was aware of who he was and what he could be. As he's sitting on the sidelines with Toronto, or getting infrequent time, inquiries started coming in, especially this summer. If we extrapolate the teams that were interested in him - KC, Seattle, NYFC and the style of football those teams play and ask ourselves is that what we're doing? Answer, hell no. It's no wonder he hasn't looked good - to be blunt RN was a shit coach with shit assistants (OLeary/Oughten). Maybe if Vanney offers something in the vein of the above teams or coaches we'll see something more, and IMO in the Jamaica game he should have scored and played like someone we'd never seen in the last two years. I think he has the potential to be a good MLSer if he's with a team that suits his style of play.
you're reading too much into this.

it's not just whether the formation is suited for Bekker. it's the absolute lack of effort and heart, failing to track back, poor decision making, keep turning the ball over when even remotely under pressure. lacking of some of basic fundamentals expected of a pro footballer at MLS level.

I saw Bekker getting owned by USL team in a reserve game. he just didn't give a shit. I don't expect Bekker to run around like aimless chicken. I do expect him to give 100% on the pitch, which I've yet to see from Bekker. coach is misusing you? fine. you still give 100%

Ivy
12-11-2014, 06:12 PM
you're reading too much into this.

it's not just whether the formation is suited for Bekker. it's the absolute lack of effort and heart, failing to track back, poor decision making, keep turning the ball over when even remotely under pressure. lacking of some of basic fundamentals expected of a pro footballer at MLS level.

I saw Bekker getting owned by USL team in a reserve game. he just didn't give a shit. I don't expect Bekker to run around like aimless chicken. I do expect him to give 100% on the pitch, which I've yet to see from Bekker. coach is misusing you? fine. you still give 100%
Hhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalleluya.

reggie
12-11-2014, 06:29 PM
re entry draft tomorrow....would you take a chance on Matteo Ferrari?

ag futbol
12-11-2014, 06:38 PM
I thought Bekker under Nelsen had the aura of a guy who thought his coach was a dolt and believed trying things the managers was way beneath him. Now, while I agree in the sense that Kyle Bekker on TFC in that stage didn't fit the system, I can't see any way around the fact his effort level defending is 3/10 at best.

Yohan
12-11-2014, 06:41 PM
re entry draft tomorrow....would you take a chance on Matteo Ferrari?
no. too old and too slow.

moralis
12-11-2014, 08:01 PM
New and interesting details about possible TFC signing of Guillermo Farre:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.diaadia.com.ar/deportes/en-belgrano-farre-prepara-las-valijas-vuelve-quiroga&prev=search

mowe
12-11-2014, 08:12 PM
New and interesting details about possible TFC signing of Guillermo Farre:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.diaadia.com.ar/deportes/en-belgrano-farre-prepara-las-valijas-vuelve-quiroga&prev=search

700k per year? Hard to believe. There could be another DP spot coming, but no way Bez offers that much when CBA negotiations have just started.

MightyDM
12-11-2014, 08:52 PM
holy shit

where did you see this?

Ossington Mental Youth
12-11-2014, 08:54 PM
i heard its jus cash not allo. tim told me to my face that it jus cash no allo involved.

700k per year? Hard to believe. There could be another DP spot coming, but no way Bez offers that much when CBA negotiations have just started.

maybe it works out to 700k in argie pesons?

Ossington Mental Youth
12-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Its around 100k canadian

RealG-TFC
12-11-2014, 09:02 PM
The original Spanish article says dollars ("dolares"). I don't know if they commonly refer to their money (peso) as dollars though. I personally doubt it but it is possible.

MightyDM
12-11-2014, 09:12 PM
The original Spanish article says dollars ("dolares"). I don't know if they commonly refer to their money (peso) as dollars though. I personally doubt it but it is possible.

often other currencies describe themselves that way, unless it is clear that it is US dollars. In Spanish.

RealG-TFC
12-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Well I found him on transfermarkt. They say he's worth 450K Euros so I think the 700k USD figure might be accurate:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/guillermo-martin-farre/marktwertverlauf/spieler/76147

Also fwiw, this team (Belgrano) is the same team that we tried to buy Lucas Melano from about a year and a half ago. We even outbid River Plate.

http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/7/20/4540238/lucas-melano-toronto-fc-transfer-belgrano-river-plate

Ossington Mental Youth
12-11-2014, 09:26 PM
guess maybe this is where allocation comes in

justin
12-11-2014, 10:16 PM
guess maybe this is where allocation comes in

No, Al Location I believe is coming in to be play at centreback in to replace Henry. Farre is a midfielder.

Getting my A. Location kit printed asap.

Damien
12-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Creavalle to Orlando?

https://twitter.com/warrenspeak/status/543223468439785472

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/531217132840034304/CQpzBllD_bigger.jpeg Warren CreavalleVerified account ‏@warrenspeak (https://twitter.com/warrenspeak)

Orlandoooooo

ag futbol
12-11-2014, 11:41 PM
Swap with someone they picked in the expansion draft maybe? Be an interesting move.

Ajax TFC
12-12-2014, 12:02 AM
I bet he's just trolling. When was the last time a player found out he had been traded before the media did? Half the time the players find out from the media.

flamehawk
12-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Imagine if we somehow ended up with Aurelian Collin after all that..

flamehawk
12-12-2014, 12:21 AM
Would folks give up Creavalle and Bloom for Orlando's 1st round draft pick (Cyle Larin)

notthesun
12-12-2014, 12:35 AM
Would folks give up Creavalle and Bloom for Orlando's 1st round draft pick (Cyle Larin)

Hell yeah I would.

"Folks" as in Orlando's management? I wish.

flamehawk
12-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Hell yeah I would.

"Folks" as in Orlando's management? I wish.

Folks as in people posting here.

Creavalle or Bloom alone would be a no brainer for me, but sending along two bright young players might be a little too much as much as I want Larin playing for us.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-12-2014, 06:24 AM

seems like a lot to me. Im just skeptical of Canadian NCAA strikers since O'Brien White came to be.

OgtheDim
12-12-2014, 07:14 AM

Only Canadian NT fanatics.

Greatest Ripoff
12-12-2014, 08:31 AM
Only Canadian NT fanatics.

it's not just Canadians who rate Larin, he is projected to go first overall for a reason. I've also heard Tim Vickery on the BBC say he was impressed with what he saw of him in the match against Colombia.

Areathrasher
12-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Crevalle went to a Uni in the Orlando area. Prob on the piss with old college friends.

Probably...

portu
12-12-2014, 11:14 AM
it's not just Canadians who rate Larin, he is projected to go first overall for a reason. I've also heard Tim Vickery on the BBC say he was impressed with what he saw of him in the match against Colombia.

no that was jordan hamilton he was talking about i remember that epi of world soccer talk

Areathrasher
12-12-2014, 11:22 AM
no that was jordan hamilton he was talking about i remember that epi of world soccer talk

LOL, i thought it was Bokai from Edmonton.

EDIT: He never got on, nvm. lol

Canary10
12-12-2014, 11:23 AM
LOL, i thought it was Bokai from Edmonton.

Wasn't it Jay Chapman?

portu
12-12-2014, 11:26 AM
Wasn't it Jay Chapman?
ahaha i remember he was talking about a big 18 yearold striker that was playing portugal

Greatest Ripoff
12-12-2014, 11:33 AM

I don't think it was Hamilton. He was only on the field for one minute. There was also no mention of the player being in Portugal either unless world soccer talk is different than the world football phone in.

also Hamilton is 5'11 and Larin is 6'2. I'd be real surprised if he thinks 5'11 is big for a teenager.

portu
12-12-2014, 11:37 AM
I don't think it was Hamilton. He was only on the field for one minute. There was also no mention of the player being in Portugal either unless world soccer talk is different than the world football phone in.

also Hamilton is 5'11 and Larin is 6'2. I'd be real surprised if he thinks 5'11 is big for a teenager.
i think im wrong then
hamilton always seems bigger to me

ya it is phone in not soccer talk ahaha my bad

Greatest Ripoff
12-12-2014, 11:56 AM
ya it is phone in not soccer talk ahaha my bad

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going on about something completely different.

As a Canadian living in England, it was definitely cool to hear a pundit on the BBC talk in glowing terms about our national team.

portu
12-12-2014, 12:32 PM
creavalle's just in orlando visiting uni as per his twitter

spark
12-12-2014, 12:48 PM
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going on about something completely different.

As a Canadian living in England, it was definitely cool to hear a pundit on the BBC talk in glowing terms about our national team.

Larin also has options in Europe, so he is a valuable commodity to the league. I think we should also be proud, if I'm not mistaken, would this be the first Canadian awarded a GA contract? A player who didn't even come through the 'big three' academies.

Yohan
12-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Larin also has options in Europe, so he is a valuable commodity to the league. I think we should also be proud, if I'm not mistaken, would this be the first Canadian awarded a GA contract? A player who didn't even come through the 'big three' academies.
technically, Bryce Alderson was on a GA contract, though as HG

Cujo
12-12-2014, 02:17 PM

Creavalle & The Chivas pick for #1 overall would be fine by me. (Ignoring the fact he is just visiting Orlando)

SoccerWatch
12-12-2014, 03:04 PM
I believe Hamilton is a GA player, after turning down offers from Europe and snubbing Maryland. I remember seeing a link on a thread of all the GA's around the league and Hamilton was listed as TFC's.

Ivy
12-12-2014, 03:12 PM
TFC selected Robbie Findley. Vanney's boy.

Shway
12-12-2014, 03:15 PM

I know Hamilton, and hes not 5'11, hes about 6ish 6'1....don't believe wikipedia

Areathrasher
12-12-2014, 03:30 PM

From Vanney's Galaxy days?

TFC07
12-12-2014, 03:33 PM

Wow, Findley is low risk, high reward gamble for TFC. He's definitely upgrade compare to Wiedeman and Dike.

jloome
12-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Wow, Findley is low risk, high reward gamble for TFC. He's definitely upgrade compare to Wiedeman and Dike.

I suspect we're playing a 4-2-3-1 next season.

jloome
12-12-2014, 03:49 PM
From Vanney's Galaxy days?

RSL. Vanney was assistant.

ag futbol
12-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Perfect Gilberto clone.

I guess the plan's going to be to get the mids to release the striker in behind more often this year. I was begging for them to do it more often previously.

Giberto's combo of power / speed is very difficult for defenders to deal with if used properly

Areathrasher
12-12-2014, 03:51 PM
RSL. Vanney was assistant.

I thought he was just an assistant at Chivas.

Head of the academy at RSL

jloome
12-12-2014, 03:52 PM
I thought he was just an assistant at Chivas.

Head of the academy at RSL

Yeah, but in MLS academy heads generally contribute to the first team coaching as well. Not always but I'd be suprised, given how Robin Fraser favored him, if that wasn't the case with Vanney.

gdg_9
12-12-2014, 03:53 PM

I wouldn't exactly call it low risk...

$245k is a lot for a guy who's approaching 30, coming off a year where he only started 8 games (16 total appearances) with 1 goal and 0 assists!

Areathrasher
12-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Yeah, but in MLS academy heads generally contribute to the first team coaching as well. Not always but I'd be suprised, given how Robin Fraser favored him, if that wasn't the case with Vanney.

Except that RSL had him based in Arizona setting up their academy there.

Semantics aside, you're right, probably very very familiar with him from his time in the RSL set up.

KGH
12-12-2014, 04:01 PM

$245k is a lot for a guy who's approaching 30, coming off a year where he only started 8 games (16 total appearances) with 1 goal and 0 assists!

Hey had knee surgery in December 2013 and never got into the rotation.

mcolvy
12-12-2014, 04:50 PM

Yeah I'm not so happy with this pick. Solid player but on too much money. 1st round no one was going to scoop him.. I'm assuming he's on our bench so that's way too high. Between him, Oduro and Jackson.. A lot of money in guys I don't see as starting 11ers.