PDA

View Full Version : Canada vs. Colombia

flamehawk
10-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Anyone else watching? Henry looking pretty solid defensively as a RB again, though could improve on his passing. Nakajima-Farran with a excellent pass to put Ricketts in. Ricketts is brought down in what looked like a clear penalty but ref Guzman does not call it. Nakajima really seems like a player that would fit in well with Vanney's system, given his technical ability. I kind of wonder if his exit was more about the conflict between Bez and Nelsen.

The whole team has looked great and really has made me respect Benito Floro's ability as a coach.

OgtheDim
10-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Henry can tackle in a jam, has pace but can't pass the ball worth beans - which means at RB he is better then Ecks or Richter but not better then Bloom.

Yohan
10-14-2014, 09:30 PM
Henry gave the ball away 4 times for no reason in first half.

Leedsoronto
10-14-2014, 09:32 PM
He is playing well at RB, yes a few giveaways but still he looks lively

ag futbol
10-14-2014, 10:26 PM
1-0 final. I didn't see the whole thing, but sounds pretty respectable given the gap in quality.

ryan
10-14-2014, 10:28 PM
Henry gave the ball away 4 times for no reason in first half.

To be fair, the whole team was giving the ball away. Just a large gap in where the teams are at, being the main contributor, IMO.

flamehawk
10-14-2014, 10:30 PM
Full Time. What a performance by Canada! 1-0 loss to the 3rd ranked national team in the world and only down to a moment of sublime skill from James.

Aparacio and Hamilton also made their debut today, with Aparacio's first ever touch for Canada being a free kick taken against Colombia. Unfortunately, it went straight against the wall.

Leedsoronto
10-14-2014, 10:30 PM
That's a huge improvement by CMT over previous games. Things are looking up !!

TFC07
10-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Keep in mind that Canada was missing a lot of their first team players (Hutch, Johnson, Jackson etc.) for this game. So we still don't know what Canada is capable of doing. But this game tells me that Canada is a lot tougher and organized to team to play against now. Hopefully, this game gives Canada confidence that they're capable shutting teams down in CONCACAF.

TFC07
10-14-2014, 10:37 PM
One more thing, hopefully TFC and some of supporters were watching this game to see what a good coach is capable of doing. Floro is type of person we need to manage TFC.

flamehawk
10-14-2014, 10:46 PM
One more thing, hopefully TFC and some of supporters were watching this game to see what a good coach is capable of doing. Floro is type of person we need to manage TFC.

Absolutely, after the performances of the last two games, I wouldn't mind if Floro took the reigns here, too bad Canada needs him just as much. Maybe Floro can recommend someone for us. And seeing how enmeshed Floro has been with local football, he is certainly in a better position than Klinsminn to give advice.

mowe
10-14-2014, 10:54 PM
Canada played really well. Really cheered me up after a shit TFC week.

Full credit to Floro, the guys were organized and made it difficult for Colombia. He clearly has a plan for how we need to play and with every camp the players are slowly picking it up.

We just lacked the quality in players today. Ricketts works hard but he didn't really impact the game much. Issey had that great early ball but as the game went on he disappeared. Henry had awful distribution. There were too many times when we had good build up play but in the final third we had a terrible touch or a dumb pass to give the ball away.

But overall a very encouraging game today. Next month will be another good test in Panama.