PDA

View Full Version : Serious Post: What will convince you to renew your TFC SSH next season.

Pages : [1] 2

Narster
10-12-2014, 01:36 PM
This was my first season being a SSH for TFC and yes, it had some positives, but to many negatives for obvious reasons, but like most people I am pretty sure I won't be renewing my SSH unless something pretty significant happens, so what do you think MLSE should do. Seat refunds, free games for next year, lower prices, free swag, are all things that need to be considered to get close to selling 30000 seats. Defoe is half the reason SS sold this season and I don't know if marketing the hell out of a player will work again. I have always been to at least 5+ games a year but this time we failed and we should have been good, TFC is loosing out terribly with the common soccer fan in Toronto, and I am really just to pissed to have full support for this team again, so what do you think will and should happen?

Stress
10-12-2014, 01:40 PM
As long as they don't raise prices without a reasonable explanation (that I agree with and is within my budget) I'll renew. I'm curious if they will do something to offset the lack of voyageurs cup games next year.

TFC07
10-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Hiring at least experience coach and signing quality players is what it will take for me to renew my seats.

TFC07
10-12-2014, 01:42 PM
As long as they don't raise prices without a reasonable explanation (that I agree with and is within my budget) I'll renew. I'm curious if they will do something to offset the lack of voyageurs cup games next year.

You mean CCL games, V-Cup will be played in summer time. So except busy summer for Canadian MLS teams next year.

Marc"2L"
10-12-2014, 01:53 PM
A call from the team, offering up somebody that I may freely explain all the things you've ever wanted to tell the team.

Even MLSE couldn't get that guy insured for the job.

So I'll take refund for this year as we were promised and told to write down "playoffs". I booked my vacation around the first round.

69Chevy396
10-12-2014, 02:01 PM
I received a dozen emails from MLSE this past January, urging me to return as a season ticket holder. Rather than buy four seats, I took just one. I sold half the games to a RPB supporter, and went to a few games before the team returned to its roots, that is, mediocrity and insipid football. I have a ticket for the final game, and, in protest, will be mailing it back to MLSE head office next week with a letter detailing how much I am sick of their ruination of this club. Roma or Juventus would have to be purchased and moved here before I go to another game at BMO.

Fort York Redcoat
10-12-2014, 02:09 PM
I'm glad the OP specified this is a serious post. I've only seen 8 other threads like it.

molenshtain
10-12-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm glad the OP specified this is a serious post. I've only seen 8 other threads like it.

only 8?

Yohan
10-12-2014, 02:20 PM
I am heavily debating on not renewing for next season. Will have to think about it, but I only made it to like 5 games this season anyways due to work, so with expansion, I'm pretty sure I can pick up a ticket whenever I want to go. I'll laugh if TFC FO raises price. With current level of apathy, TFC might have to lower season ticket price even lower than Season 1 prices.

Tim B and Vanney has to go. I think they have potential to be good MLS GM and coach, but I don't have the patience to watch another bunch of rookies go through on the job training. Both of them are responsible for the disaster that was this season and I have no confidence in them.

TFC will need to show me that they are serious. No more FO dramas. No more rookie coaches. I'll be willing to be patient in 2015, as long TFC shows progress and be competitive. I don't expect miracles, but I am sick of dramas and incompetence. And FFS, build a proper roster, and not expect to buy their way into playoffs.

Red CB Toronto
10-12-2014, 03:16 PM
In my mind I have already renewed.

azorean
10-12-2014, 03:27 PM
I am heavily debating on not renewing for next season. Will have to think about it, but I only made it to like 5 games this season anyways due to work, so with expansion, I'm pretty sure I can pick up a ticket whenever I want to go. I'll laugh if TFC FO raises price. With current level of apathy, TFC might have to lower season ticket price even lower than Season 1 prices.

Tim B and Vanney has to go. I think they have potential to be good MLS GM and coach, but I don't have the patience to watch another bunch of rookies go through on the job training. Both of them are responsible for the disaster that was this season and I have no confidence in them.

TFC will need to show me that they are serious. No more FO dramas. No more rookie coaches. I'll be willing to be patient in 2015, as long TFC shows progress and be competitive. I don't expect miracles, but I am sick of dramas and incompetence. And FFS, build a proper roster, and not expect to buy their way into playoffs.

When die hards are questioning renewing like in this thread, that's when tfc should really be worried. This ain't pretty. They better do something, no more stop gap big deals, or fake marketing ploys. Do some real scouting, put the team on the right track with sensible economical signings. Take stock of what they have, make some decisions.They are always trying to recapture the hype of the first season, that isn't come back anytime soon. Build a team. Scouting is key though, I hope they stop with this throwing dollars around just for the sake of it.

jabbronies
10-12-2014, 03:46 PM
TFC should be issuing a refund to SSH this year. They promised playoffs and we got squat.

Red4ever
10-12-2014, 03:46 PM
This

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=551151

This would make me happy.

nascarguy
10-12-2014, 03:57 PM
the only way I do not renew is if they put the price up too high for season ticket or go train tickets . A great guys once said " If you can't support the team when were losing , don't support the team when we are winning" !!

nascarguy
10-12-2014, 04:04 PM
In my mind I have already renewed.yup I'm already ready to move out of the supporter section to a better sec if I can not move down to the 1st to 4 row in 114

reggie
10-12-2014, 04:15 PM
im not happy with the season again,but I will be back.i support the team win or lose.

denime
10-12-2014, 04:21 PM
im not happy with the season again,but I will be back.i support the team win or lose.

____+1

Narster
10-12-2014, 04:25 PM
yup I'm already ready to move out of the supporter section to a better sec if I can not move down to the 1st to 4 row in 114
It only goes to a certain extent though, if they are constantly bad than whats the point anymore, promise after promise and still nothing, I like the idea of that microchip in the jersey for the Tampa Bay Lightning SSH, they need something clever to win us back, if you can't win over the fin generation of fans, than the future looks bad...

Red4ever
10-12-2014, 04:32 PM
They can't promise playoffs. So the promise has to be something that is tangible or material.

I thought it was so completely cheap last year that the get a new jersey by signing up for a credit card, or raptors tickets for signing up by a certain date made me mad. I've got 7 season's tickets an you give me the same thing as you give someone with 1 ticket.

Just seems like they don't give a shit. I can take losing, I can't take being taken for granted.

razor787
10-12-2014, 04:37 PM
I will be buying seasons again next year to get the rights in 112. Question is will I use them, or try to sell them?

Red4ever
10-12-2014, 04:55 PM
This

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=551151

This would make me happy.

Just bumping this because of the name of the lightning's CEO. amazing. I missed that.

dupont
10-12-2014, 05:27 PM
I've already decided to renew. The value is good as long as long as prices don't go up too much (I don't see how they could with more seats being added). Isn't this also the best TFC has ever done? Sad but true.

MightyDM
10-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Me too.

Cashcleaner
10-12-2014, 06:26 PM
As usual, I'm gonna wait and see how things develop before I renew. What are prices gonna be like? What are they gonna throw in to entice me this time around?

For me it's all a matter of value. I don't need tickets to support the team. I can pick them up from a friend or try the walk-up window on gameday, or just watch the match from a pub with a group. But if the prices remain relatively low and I feel that the club wants to at least put an effort into winning, I'll likely renew.

Ultra & Proud
10-12-2014, 07:02 PM
This is the first year that I am considering not renewing. I probably will but if they jack up the prices or keep Vanney (Bez less so) then I will probably be out. If we do a fire sale and dump half the squad for 3rd round picks and allocation then I am totally out. I also would appreciate a non-BS or spin apology on what happened this season. I don't want that playoff promise thing glossed over and I also don't want to see the fact that we have our highest point total ever be the 'big deal' for this year. I don't want to talked to like some rube getting ready to shell out for his snake oil. Just talk to us like we have some sense and show us some respect. Out of everyone, we deserve it.

fiji_blue
10-12-2014, 07:10 PM
1. Discount bring the price down
2. No sales man smoke and mirrors like the blood big deal
3. Player moves to build a solid base for the next 3 years

Chevy
10-12-2014, 07:20 PM
I will be back. Even if your kid fails remedial art each and every school year, you still have to love and support him.

TFC07
10-12-2014, 07:26 PM
the only way I do not renew is if they put the price up too high for season ticket or go train tickets . A great guys once said " If you can't support the team when were losing , don't support the team when we are winning" !!

TFC needs to do better job working with GO transit both in prices and increase of train/bus service to make it easier to get to the game and leave right after the game.

Pint
10-12-2014, 07:32 PM
I will be back, any ticket increase that may have been planned are likely being scrapped after last nights game.

I would not want to be an mlse ticket rep right now. TFC adding 8,000 seats with little demand for extra seats, they will be desperate to just hold onto the customers they have.

zeelaw
10-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Is anyone else bothered by the insulting amount of advertising they do? I want to support the club as much as I can but I feel like I'm berated with sponsors and needless silly games at every available moment.

Pint
10-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Is anyone else bothered by the insulting amount of advertising they do? I want to support the club as much as I can but I feel like I'm berated with sponsors and needless silly games at every available moment.

Do i like it? No i don't but as long as they use those means as a way to make money and keep my ticket price down i can deal with it. Once the ticket prices rise and we are berated with advertising it will bother me much more.

jazzy
10-12-2014, 08:11 PM
I think they`ll raise the prices in the cheaper seats at least 10% , ( or more ), they have to even things out as already mentioned in another thread and they will lower they higher priced seats accordingly . Not my idea but they do have to lessen the gap btwn high and low end prices . And our yellows and light greys are cheap comparatively speaking for all the games we get . I for one do not expect something for nothing . especially if I criticize their organization as I do .I feel one should at least go to a few games , if one is to really care for a team .

jazzy
10-12-2014, 08:27 PM

I agree with this post , also.....I must mention I desperately seek professionalism within MLSE . Like Rob Ford if they drop prices we`ll get what we pay for ....ya ya time for the inserted funny, but we still need to pay for a major coach . I really hope this thread doesn't turn into I`ll never buy another ticket again , name calling extravaganza . If I stop buying tickets I have no need to write that info down in a post to prove to everyone how better I am in my concept of what is good soccer , and how that makes a superior soccer fan . This is Toronto and it is all we have , for better or worse .

This is of course only directed at a few posters , articulating one`s reasons for the team`s downturn is far better reading than F*** them I`ll never return with the ensuing bitterness ......

OgtheDim
10-12-2014, 10:15 PM

Section 221 Row 11 never got its free piece of pizza on Wednesday.

The horror....:)

SirBobSaget
10-13-2014, 12:24 AM
In the last 5 years I have left BMO more often than not being disappointed. Transportation hassle, high ticket/Go Train/Beer cost, dull play, iffy weather (though surprisingly good this year) and of course the terrible results. Why continue to sink precious weekend time and money in when can just do for every game like I did with Saturday's NY Redbull game. PVR to watch at convenient time and fast forward through the boring and down 3-0 bits. There you go TFC game in 45 mins.

habstfc
10-13-2014, 12:43 AM
I'm definitely renewing but am dropping my pair in 133 to the cheapest single I can get anywhere in the stadium. Miss too many games, hate the fact majority of games are during daylight, go train or gas and parking too expensive...the list goes on. Being stuck with unsellable tickets is biggest factor, a single will do me just fine.

Still Kicking
10-13-2014, 07:35 AM
A thread like this is going to be biased towards the disgruntled.

I am married to this team. After eight turbulent years, I still feel that having a pro football club to call my own is a dream come true. I also feel that having a stadium on the CNE grounds, the place where my father took me to CFL games starting back in the 60's, is a central part of my life.

I live in Acton, Halton Hills. Getting to the games is not easy, but game day is not built around convenience. It is built around pilgrimage. The glory of football is that you can't replace being there. It may be easier on you to pvr or wait for the highlights or get a single ticket now and then.....but easy on you is important when you order pizza, not when you love a football team. I have a wonderful friend who supports Man City and talks about being there game after game, year after year during the Man City wilderness years. He inspires me.
I will be back for 2015. Those who read my blog know that I struggle with the quality of the team and have an idea or two on how to improve. Yet, I could not imagine being anywhere else come game time....

ensco
10-13-2014, 08:07 AM
I was a day one SSH who spent a lot of money by most people's standards here (I had 4 dark greys, then 4 reds). Gave them all up at end of 2012.

Now go to 3-4 games a year, otherwise watch on TV. When I go, a friend here invites me, or I wait until 2-3 days before, to be sure the dates work, and that the forecast is good. I'll sit anywhere, can find seats for $20-25 here or on stubhub. If I need to pay big scalpers prices for a big game, I will, hasn't happened yet.

Been happier about my involvement with TFC ever since I started doing this. With the stadium expansion, I see this strategy being that much easier to do.

Of course, there are others like me, a lot I think, and this will drive a reaction. Given these pathetic TFC TV ratings, and the field expansion, I wonder if we will start seeing a lot of TFC home games on PPV. Like maybe all of them.

FRANKIE65
10-13-2014, 08:10 AM
Funny many are mentioning the cost of transportation. We come from Woodstock, and, like the post above it is all about the journey. As far as Go train cost...we drive to Oakville, and, five of us (three under 18) can ride, return, for. $31. No complaints about that...the parking + extra gas would be almost the same.
The live experience is so much better than watching on tv.

OgtheDim
10-13-2014, 08:52 AM
You live for the games like the Portland one this season and the Columbus one last season. (I think if we asked this question after the Portland game, there would be a different response).

And I like watching decent enough played live games. Its fun to watch Bradley think, new guys come in, Osorio beat his chest, Hagglund jump so high and Morrow control his side. Then, there is something about sitting among a crowd outdoors jumping to its feet with a potential score that is fun to be in.

That's why I'll renew.

I've decided to make a conscious decision to live for the good play, not get angry at the bad, and enjoy a good game of footie at the highest level I can see locally.

Red4ever
10-13-2014, 08:58 AM
I find it funny the Customer Service angle vs the state of the team angle that is at play.

It's well within their capability to get the former right regardless of what can be done on field.

It;s a unique experience as far as Toronto sports goes and they would be wise to remember that.

gracos
10-13-2014, 09:08 AM
It would be a great statement if every fan walked out at half time of the final game to make message to the FO that this isnt acceptable football

MightyDM
10-13-2014, 09:13 AM
The team can still make the playoffs. I'd rather fill the stadium before kick off, crush limp act, and show the boys on the field that we are with them

gracos
10-13-2014, 09:16 AM
The team can still make the playoffs. I'd rather fill the stadium before kick off, crush limp act, and show the boys on the field that we are with them

If we are three points out of the playoffs i definitely do understand the support for the team but if not i still believe there should be a protest by leaving at half time, as the game would mean absolutely nothing. We had a chance to win a championship but our best squad wasnt dressed, and because people were saying that we were going for post season; looks like were going to miss out on both

ensco
10-13-2014, 09:30 AM
Protests are a waste of energy, and are a collective response where none is required.

Just get seasons tickets, or don't. It's a free country.

Wagner
10-13-2014, 10:07 AM
We are a supporters group, not a protest group. There will be no protest.
We are disappointed how things are going.
But what would a protest show?
they know that we aren't happy.

Vote with your dollars.
Call the club.

If you're looking for a "protest" you've come to the wrong place.

kwhisperer
10-13-2014, 10:14 AM
I see too many question marks and not much hope for the future at this point, so I'm leaning against buying season's tickets again (I've had 'em since the first season, although I skipped last year before buying in again). I may go to some games next year.

I see no point to protesting. The team is what it is and the results speak for themselves. Protesting only hurts the players, who are doing their best (with a possible exception). Buying tickets or not gets the message across just fine.

reggie
10-13-2014, 10:36 AM
:scarf:
A thread like this is going to be biased towards the disgruntled.

I am married to this team. After eight turbulent years, I still feel that having a pro football club to call my own is a dream come true. I also feel that having a stadium on the CNE grounds, the place where my father took me to CFL games starting back in the 60's, is a central part of my life.

I live in Acton, Halton Hills. Getting to the games is not easy, but game day is not built around convenience. It is built around pilgrimage. The glory of football is that you can't replace being there. It may be easier on you to pvr or wait for the highlights or get a single ticket now and then.....but easy on you is important when you order pizza, not when you love a football team. I have a wonderful friend who supports Man City and talks about being there game after game, year after year during the Man City wilderness years. He inspires me.
I will be back for 2015. Those who read my blog know that I struggle with the quality of the team and have an idea or two on how to improve. Yet, I could not imagine being anywhere else come game time....
+1
its all about this...:scarf:but maybe we should all stay home so the TV ratings will improve..

Pookie
10-13-2014, 10:42 AM
I find the "pilgrimage" angle to be one of ideals and it's great if that fits your lifestyle.

Practically speaking, based on my circumstances, I won't opt in for season tickets at the current price point for the same reasons that I opted out. I have other pilgrimages to make on weekends and they involve my kids so that beats TFC. I paid for tickets I couldn't use and couldn't sell. Therefore, spent much more than I needed to.

What would get me to renew? Creating value for having season tickets. Here's how:

* A leveling of the prices across the stadium. Yellows $200 to Reds (Centre Line) $500 for season ticket holders.
* A program that allows me to exchange tickets for games that I can't go to for extra tickets for games that I can. LA has this
* 3 Bonus games including playoff tickets included in my package at no additional charge. Again, LA has this.

And though it doesn't benefit me as a non-season ticket holder currently, jack the prices up for single games tickets to double what season ticket holders pay.

Why would this make sense?

There are two markets. The supporter/fan and the casual/fan that wants to be at "events"

The supporter/fan market is clearly telling them that people don't see the value in TFC season tickets at the price points they are offering. People are willing to sit in sections with poorer sight lines (and bugs) to save money. Relocation will be another exercise with most people looking to save money and vacate the middle sections.

At the same time, new season ticket holders will have to purchase at these expensive price points. Is there really a stomach for that now? Will they bring in another Defoe? C'mon. It didn't work. Those people bought but aren't actually going to games. If renewals were 90%, I'd be floored. And even at 90%, that's 1,700 seats that will be empty.

So level the prices and more people will stay. More will stay in the middle. And maybe some opt in for the first time. It will look full. People will perceive value.

The casual fan isn't interested in going to every game as evidenced by the in seat attendance over the last few months. Despite Defoe. Despite actually being in a playoff spot at the time. But they will go to certain games (Season opener, when Henry comes to town, Friendlies, etc). So, jack their single game tickets prices up. That creates an interesting resale market for season ticket holders that can offer tickets at face value and it would still be more economical than buying from the box office. For high demand games, TFC makes money by way of increased revenue per seat.

And if a casual fan does this more than 5 times a year, season tickets start to look pretty interesting.

MLSE only keeps half of ticket revenue anyways. Get people in stadium Make it full. Sell your concessions. And create some value for the season ticket holder.

glaze
10-13-2014, 10:54 AM
On the surface it's a simple question, renewing yes or no.
But there are several factors which influence the decision for people.

I'm renewing for sure, simply because I enjoy having something to look forward to on Saturdays.
Paying renewal rates in light grey, and once you throw in the free jersey (with BMO Mastercard), I still think you are getting a great deal for the money.

But it says a lot when you are totally evaluating a value of the purchase without factoring in the product on the field.

At this point, I don't think even the scalpers will buy up that new level of east side seats without some major off-season signings.

ensco
10-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Thought I would look and see what availability is a meaningful regular season game for a good team. The LA-Seattle game on Sunday is a good proxy for what would happen if you didn't have SSH tickets and the team were good someday.

Higher price seats are available across the board (starting at $72 plus service charge). None of the cheaper seats are available. Same for StubHub.

trane
10-13-2014, 11:00 AM
I am going to pick up season tickets after three seasons without. Why??? While I think that ultimately the season was another disaster, the present FO tried, and I will give them another season. For me Tim does not have to go, I believe he is committed to winning, despite the Vanney failure.

What I need to see is the hiring of an experienced coach, who will get the most out of his troops no matter what he is given. Tim B, can help the new coach built for the future.

Fort York Redcoat
10-13-2014, 11:06 AM
It would be a great statement if every fan walked out at half time of the final game to make message to the FO that this isnt acceptable football

Let me know when you can get every fan to do any one thing together. I believe this is the first protest drop of the season. I mean not counting fb which is every week. Protest count at one...

gracos
10-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Is it right to be content with a team that seems stationary or even in the process for moving backwards; every team has made the playoffs except for us; would it be possible to understand why; the same pattern continues and that shows that the management team doesn't understand what it takes to run a football club; its more than fans in the seats and $$$ in the pockets

ensco
10-13-2014, 11:14 AM
I am going to pick up season tickets after three seasons without. Why??? While I think that ultimately the season was another disaster, the present FO tried, and I will give them another season. For me Tim does not have to go, I believe he is committed to winning, despite the Vanney failure.

What I need to see is the hiring of an experienced coach, who will get the most out of his troops no matter what he is given. Tim B, can help the new coach built for the future.

I can see this line of thinking. The team improved this year.

I feel certain that Vanney and Bez are a pair though. Vanney will stay if Bez stays. There is no one to say otherwise until/unless new President appointed, at which point all bets are off.

Fort York Redcoat
10-13-2014, 11:14 AM
I find the "pilgrimage" angle to be one of ideals and it's great if that fits your lifestyle.

Practically speaking, based on my circumstances, I won't opt in for season tickets at the current price point for the same reasons that I opted out. I have other pilgrimages to make on weekends and they involve my kids so that beats TFC. I paid for tickets I couldn't use and couldn't sell. Therefore, spent much more than I needed to.

What would get me to renew? Creating value for having season tickets. Here's how:

* A leveling of the prices across the stadium. Yellows $200 to Reds (Centre Line) $500 for season ticket holders.
* A program that allows me to exchange tickets for games that I can't go to for extra tickets for games that I can. LA has this
* 3 Bonus games including playoff tickets included in my package at no additional charge. Again, LA has this.

And though it doesn't benefit me as a non-season ticket holder currently, jack the prices up for single games tickets to double what season ticket holders pay.

There are two markets. The supporter/fan and the casual/fan that wants to be at "events"

The supporter/fan market is clearly telling them that people don't see the value in TFC season tickets at the price points they are offering. People are willing to sit in sections with poorer sight lines (and bugs) to save money. Relocation will be another exercise with most people looking to save money and vacate the middle sections.

At the same time, new season ticket holders will have to purchase at these expensive price points. Is there really a stomach for that now? Will they bring in another Defoe? C'mon. It didn't work. Those people bought but aren't actually going to games. If renewals were 90%, I'd be floored. And even at 90%, that's 1,700 seats that will be empty.

So level the prices and more people will stay. More will stay in the middle. And maybe some opt in for the first time. It will look full. People will perceive value.

The casual fan isn't interested in going to every game as evidenced by the in seat attendance over the last few months. Despite Defoe. Despite actually being in a playoff spot at the time. But they will go to certain games (Season opener, when Henry comes to town, Friendlies, etc). So, jack their single game tickets prices up. That creates an interesting resale market for season ticket holders that can offer tickets at face value and it would still be more economical than buying from the box office. For high demand games, TFC makes money by way of increased revenue per seat.

And if a casual fan does this more than 5 times a year, season tickets start to look pretty interesting.

MLSE only keeps half of ticket revenue anyways. Get people in stadium Make it full. Sell your concessions. And create some value for the season ticket holder.

Love this post. Research accomplished and personal points for renewal made. I hope they get closer to that to suit your needs.

ensco
10-13-2014, 11:18 AM

Problem with this is that you will get thousands of scalpers/others making/creating a market. TFC will never sell a seat for 2x SSH cost because all sales will be in aftermarket for less.

nfitz
10-13-2014, 11:54 AM
* A leveling of the prices across the stadium. Yellows $200 to Reds (Centre Line) $500 for season ticket holders. Given that most here are in yellow ... why do you advocate increasing our ticket prices? We paid only $190 last season - which for the 19 games averages $10 a game.

jack the prices up for single games tickets to double what season ticket holders pay.Don't you mean reduce prices for single games to double what season ticket holders pay? If it was double, our tickets would be $20 on average - including all fees. The single price for the next is $42. I don't think I've seen any tickets on sale from TFC at $20 this season.

Canary10
10-13-2014, 12:02 PM
I'll be renewing.

Had a funny experience after the Houston game. The guy beside me and I were talking about how much this team sucks, all the stupid nonsensical decisions (like firing a coach with 10 games to go in a playoff race), how shit Jackson is, Bekker's stupid hair cut, how we rarely get anything out of set plays, the wind, how Vanney just sits there on the bench like a bump on a log, the rain the came just in time for Defoe's penalty miss, not making the playoffs yet again after they seemed such a sure thing two months ago, etc. Then he said "see you in two weeks?" I said "yup."

About says it all.

Pookie
10-13-2014, 12:23 PM
Problem with this is that you will get thousands of scalpers/others making/creating a market. TFC will never sell a seat for 2x SSH cost because all sales will be in aftermarket for less.

That might happen. Particularly for games that don't sell out. But for select games, like Friendlies, they would stand to make a lot with this "Dynamic" ticket pricing.

If all the tickets get sold, they don't seem to mind the aftermarket (ie. Stubhub or your local classified ads) as those rates would typically be above cost and their inventories are already gone.

Now, for regular games I don't think anyone expects 30,000 fans on average to go. There will be plenty of tickets unsold.

They could already create a new business model based on the resale market by simply opening up the ticket exchange… at marked up rates… to the general public in the days leading up to the game. Step 1 is to sell their inventory at 2xSSH cost. If that doesn't happen, Step 2 is to profit from the margin between the season ticket holder face value and the aftermarket price they establish, along with a transaction fee of course. They won't make their 2 x SSH price but 80% of that price is better than 0% on an unsold ticket.

By opening up the exchange they create value for season tickets holders here too. Season ticket holders get access to the exchange before anyone else does. This would be great for high demand games. And when it does open up… say 5 days before a match, unsold tickets would have a better chance at being scooped up.

Pint
10-13-2014, 12:23 PM
I likely did the worst thing possible after the NYRB game... i calculated roughly how much i spent on this team this season. To put it mildly it was a stupid number, made me question my investment and general thought process for about 15 min. I will be returning next season and the one after that etc because i enjoy it and it is feasible for me to do so.

Mark TFC
10-13-2014, 01:24 PM
After years of waiting for supporters section seats to open up, I finally put a deposit down on season seats - even though they likely won't be in the south end. I'm hoping to score some of the new seating on the east side, under the roof; I want to be the first one in those new seats.

My deposit came about a week ago, when our playoff dream was much more in tact, but our recent collapse doesn't deter me. As I have stated in another post, I truly believe we can make the playoffs next season. Our roster doesn't need a huge overhaul, I'm happy with the majority of our squad, but the dressing room drama and morale issues have to change; this is what's holding us back from being successful on the pitch.

trane
10-13-2014, 02:52 PM
I can see this line of thinking. The team improved this year.

I feel certain that Vanney and Bez are a pair though. Vanney will stay if Bez stays. There is no one to say otherwise until/unless new President appointed, at which point all bets are off.

I was one of the first to rebel and to give up my seasons, in year 5, I had enough, it was clear to me that they were not ready to do what was needed to win and to build a serious team. I am very disappointed this season, because I feel this is a team that should have made the play-offs. However, I can see that we are in the right direction.

Having said that Venney staying is something I would have a very hard time with, he was a a gamble, he was given an opportunity, he squandered it, he needs to go. Otherwise we are back to the same old.

jloome
10-13-2014, 03:12 PM
I was one of the first to rebel and to give up my seasons, in year 5, I had enough, it was clear to me that they were not ready to do what was needed to win and to build a serious team. I am very disappointed this season, because I feel this is a team that should have made the play-offs. However, I can see that we are in the right direction.

Having said that Venney staying is something I would have a very hard time with, he was a a gamble, he was given an opportunity, he squandered it, he needs to go. Otherwise we are back to the same old.

I respectfully disagree. Kreis, Olsen, Heaps. All failed out of the gate, all had bad full first seasons, all came from the same kind of background and approach as Vanney.

Unlike Nelsen, Vanney has a class 'a' licesne, has run RSL's academy; when he was with the Galaxy, Arena said he'd be a coach someday. He has a good temperament, has called it straight.

Yes, he's on a learning curve. But I'm tired of trying to go for instant results; I've seen appointing a smart young former MLS player work time and again now, and nothing we work has tried. So we do what? Bring in David Moyes in the offseason? Not bloody likely; it'll be Ruud Gullit all over again as he learns the league and the differences.

Do we bring in a formerly successful MLS coach like Octavio Zambrano? I wouldn't object. But there's always the risk that the MLS game has changed too dramatically, due to increased spending and a wider outreach for players, and that at an advanced age, an experienced coach doesn't have the same hunger he once had.

Vanney is a risk for a bunch of obvious reasons. But he also very much fits the pattern of young coaches who've managed, over the course of a couple of seasons, to build winning teams in D.C, New England, Salt Lake. Vanney strikes me as having the same kind of character as Olsen and Heaps; maybe not as strong willed as Jason Kreis.

trane
10-13-2014, 03:38 PM
^ But what has he done in his time as head coach of TFC, to show you that he should be given a chance?

I would just like to see for once, a coach with experience and building teams and winning. Vanney may end up being the guy. But what has he shown us as the head coach of TFC that he is? [ That is not a rhetorical question] has the team been significantly better then under Nelsen? I know that when the rubber hit the road he was not able to get the team to come out at its best, and tactically there has been nothing truly interesting or promising. So why give him a chance, other then for the fact, that he has a good background? [Again these are not rhetorical questions]

I would also like to see a manager to teach TFC to help the team grow. But can we not find one that has done it before at a similar level, if not higher?

Yohan
10-13-2014, 03:38 PM
I respectfully disagree. Kreis, Olsen, Heaps. All failed out of the gate, all had bad full first seasons, all came from the same kind of background and approach as Vanney.

Unlike Nelsen, Vanney has a class 'a' licesne, has run RSL's academy; when he was with the Galaxy, Arena said he'd be a coach someday. He has a good temperament, has called it straight.

Yes, he's on a learning curve. But I'm tired of trying to go for instant results; I've seen appointing a smart young former MLS player work time and again now, and nothing we work has tried. So we do what? Bring in David Moyes in the offseason? Not bloody likely; it'll be Ruud Gullit all over again as he learns the league and the differences.

Do we bring in a formerly successful MLS coach like Octavio Zambrano? I wouldn't object. But there's always the risk that the MLS game has changed too dramatically, due to increased spending and a wider outreach for players, and that at an advanced age, an experienced coach doesn't have the same hunger he once had.

Vanney is a risk for a bunch of obvious reasons. But he also very much fits the pattern of young coaches who've managed, over the course of a couple of seasons, to build winning teams in D.C, New England, Salt Lake. Vanney strikes me as having the same kind of character as Olsen and Heaps; maybe not as strong willed as Jason Kreis.
Like I said, how many people would have confidence after Vanney blew it? Would people be willing to give Vanney a second chance? I honestly think Vanney will turn out to be a decent manager in MLS. But we're looking at another 2-3 year project and I don't know if most of the fanbase will have patience. Too many variables right now to think if this team will make the playoffs next season. He sounds like a good tactician, but he's not getting the players motivated.

Vanney is on a course to get a license from French FA (along with Dichio), so he'll be very qualified in that regard.

trane
10-13-2014, 03:39 PM
My gut tells me Bob Bradley may be the guy. What do you think?

Yohan
10-13-2014, 03:40 PM
I would also like to see a manager to teach TFC to help the team grow. But can we not find one that has done it before at a similar level, if not higher?
There aren't that many good MLS 2.0 managers. At least proven to the degree that'd satisfy most people IMO

Unless TFC goes for slam dunk, Vanney is probably just as good as manager as any to give a chance, considering most of MLS 2.0 managers are rather young and inexperienced.

Yohan
10-13-2014, 03:41 PM
My gut tells me Bob Bradley may be the guy. What do you think?
Good MLS 1.0 manager. Has better pedigree than many, but MLS has changed so much since last he coached in it.

trane
10-13-2014, 03:44 PM
^ I know him only for his work with the national team, and from what I have seen, he got his players to stay organized focused, and to over achieve. I think this is what we need here.

Dave67
10-13-2014, 04:43 PM
The only way I will consider re-entering the STH market is if the new seats are priced around the level of $250-$400 season. That's pretty much the only price point that makes sense to me now. I dropped seasons 3 years ago (lower 110) and figure I've saved around $3.5K with what I have spent vs what I would have spent. Granted I have not been to anywhere as many games as I would have with seasons but I get to enough to keep me happy. I made it out to 6 games this year and the only one I paid face value for was NY and that was only because my Dad wanted a decent seat.

They won't get me with free jerseys, scarves, toques or away game tickets. Get the right number on those new seats and they have a real chance of getting me back. TFC went for it this year. They failed, but at least they went for it. I'll give them credit for that.

Yohan
10-13-2014, 05:17 PM
^ I know him only for his work with the national team, and from what I have seen, he got his players to stay organized focused, and to over achieve. I think this is what we need here.
I also think a foreign manager used to working under a Director of Football, that he is not mainly in charge of player management or recruiting can work in MLS. Esp those used to working in low budget teams and lower talent level.

Not advocating Marco Schallibaum, because he's a volcano, but Schallibaum failed because Nick de Sanctis sucked at getting the right players for Montreal. If a manager only had to worry about matchday preparation and let someone else deal with the intricacies of MLS rules, I think it can work.

prizby
10-13-2014, 05:22 PM
I am heavily debating on not renewing for next season. Will have to think about it, but I only made it to like 5 games this season anyways due to work, so with expansion, I'm pretty sure I can pick up a ticket whenever I want to go. I'll laugh if TFC FO raises price.

they want to raise prices...they kept delaying ticket renewal hoping they'd be in the playoffs to spring the invoice on us

ensco
10-13-2014, 07:26 PM
I see Bradley as a GM, not as a manager.

Areathrasher
10-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Bob Bradley isn't coming back to MLS until he knows how far he can go in Europe. He wants to do well in Norway to put himself in a position for a job in a bigger European League.

Thats still a few years off.

ryan
10-13-2014, 08:13 PM
they want to raise prices...they kept delaying ticket renewal hoping they'd be in the playoffs to spring the invoice on us

they WILL raise IMO. MLSE is not an organization that eats it's own losses, we're paying for all this spending of theirs, one way or the other. they just need to find their marketing angles before we're going to get that hit. they have the stadium expansion, now they just need to the roster changes (Defoe out, new DP in) and then we'll get that (quietly announced) price hike.

they know the following two things:

1) there's a group of people that will mostly come back, raised prices or not. quadruple the prices, who fuckin cares. toronto sports fans are loyal forever, this is their empire, they know it.
2) there's a group of people who will only return if this team is actually winning regularly, raised prices or not. these types are the "haves" in toronto. those who make more than enough coin and just want to be at the "hot" event. so price really doesn't matter here.

so............why not just raise em? won't make a difference one way or another. their results is what will push tickets where they need to. we can't hate them any further, so what damage is a price hike going to cause? none.

Initial B
10-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Like I said, how many people would have confidence after Vanney blew it? Would people be willing to give Vanney a second chance? I honestly think Vanney will turn out to be a decent manager in MLS. But we're looking at another 2-3 year project and I don't know if most of the fanbase will have patience. Too many variables right now to think if this team will make the playoffs next season. He sounds like a good tactician, but he's not getting the players motivated.

Vanney is on a course to get a license from French FA (along with Dichio), so he'll be very qualified in that regard.

If we look at Jason Kreis' coaching trajectory, RSL went 6-15-9 in 2007 when he replaced John Ellinger after he was fired a couple of weeks into the season. RSL went on to a record of 10-10-10 in 2008 and in 2009 went 11-12-7 and won the MLS Cup. They never won less than 15 games a season for the remainder of his tenure. If I knew that Vanney would lead TFC to the MLS Cup in 2016, I'd keep him.

Yohan
10-13-2014, 08:27 PM
If we look at Jason Kreis' coaching trajectory, RSL went 6-15-9 in 2007 when he replaced John Ellinger after he was fired a couple of weeks into the season. RSL went on to a record of 10-10-10 in 2008 and in 2009 went 11-12-7 and won the MLS Cup. They never won less than 15 games a season for the remainder of his tenure. If I knew that Vanney would lead TFC to the MLS Cup in 2016, I'd keep him.
Jason Kreis didn't inherit a team that was expected to make the playoffs. He doesn't get a mulligan for being Tim B's late season guy. (esp if you blame Tim B partly for not making the playoffs)

Is 10 games enough to get an idea about the manager? Because I've seen some positives, but the negatives are quite baffling from Vanney. Lack of defensive intensity or organization. And picking Kyle Bekker in critical games. The team doesn't look organized at all, like they are still getting used to Vanney's ideas and caught hopeless between Nelsen's system and Vanney's system

In my eyes he's just as tainted as Tim L, Tim B as the team that failed to bring playoffs.

TFC07
10-13-2014, 08:34 PM
they WILL raise IMO. MLSE is not an organization that eats it's own losses, we're paying for all this spending of theirs, one way or the other. they just need to find their marketing angles before we're going to get that hit. they have the stadium expansion, now they just need to the roster changes (Defoe out, new DP in) and then we'll get that (quietly announced) price hike.

they know the following two things:

1) there's a group of people that will mostly come back, raised prices or not. quadruple the prices, who fuckin cares. toronto sports fans are loyal forever, this is their empire, they know it.
2) there's a group of people who will only return if this team is actually winning regularly, raised prices or not. these types are the "haves" in toronto. those who make more than enough coin and just want to be at the "hot" event. so price really doesn't matter here.

so............why not just raise em? won't make a difference one way or another. their results is what will push tickets where they need to. we can't hate them any further, so what damage is a price hike going to cause? none.

The reality just kicked in with this post.

You're right, we can whine and bitch all we went because end of the day majority of us will still renew our tickets no matter what.

We all know MLSE is going to sign another DP and market hell out of BMO field expansion to sell tickets for next season.

Initial B
10-13-2014, 08:47 PM
We all know MLSE is going to sign another DP and market hell out of BMO field expansion to sell tickets for next season.
But the organization has to make restitution for promising the playoffs and not delivering. To raise prices on a product that has not delivered in the past is not the way to gain sales. They must realize that they are perilously close to killing this franchise beyond the hardiest supporters. I'd go for a loss-leader position on ticket sales - raise prices slightly on the lower-end tickets and lower prices on the higher end. Bring in another DP that can be both a recognized name and fit into one of the positions that TFC needs to fill on the field.

greatwhitenorf
10-13-2014, 08:56 PM
They've lost me. Going to the stadium has become a joyless exercise. Arrive in expectation of disaster and spend the next two hours being stared at by hostile and bristly security people. Never felt like a welcome guest. More a mistrusted intruder. Haven't bought a single piece of merchandise since year one. Other than the odd coffee on cold game days/nights, haven't bought a single item from concessions since year two.

Just had enough of putting up with an organization - MLSE - that has never displayed any brains or smarts or soul when it comes to running TFC. Well, the season ticket scarves were a good idea. At first. Haven't worn this year's once. Never will now, it's cloaked in failure.

Now, it's quite clear that MLSE don't give a damn about the team or the game. Not with the BMO expansion going on. It's all clearly aimed at putting the Argos in there soon. The pitch will be a lumpy, bumpy mess and we might as well get out the West Ham/Stoke City/Bolton Wanderers playbook and prepare for long, hopeful hoofs up the pitch to the big fella. Mind you, that'd be an upgrade to watching headless chickens like Jackson and Odura run good balls into senseless turnovers in midfield.

Plus, with all the construction going on at the CNE grounds, the whole area is about to be built up and we will lose convenient parking/tailgating places.

I'm looking to spend the ticket money on a new Taylor Made stiff-flex driver and an old Acushnet flat blade putter. Golf may always frustrate me, but I'll never question myself for buying a greens fee. I won't question myself when I decline the renewal offer.

And I'll have no trouble finding cheap tickets on a whim if I occasionally decide to take in a game or two down the road.

SKB
10-13-2014, 10:31 PM
I will renew for sure. Supporter for ever. However, I feel they should have made Vanney interim coach since he had little experience. After watching the team under his guidance he should be rotated back to development and get an experienced top level coach.

Qman
10-14-2014, 01:19 AM
i'm likely going to watch next year in HD. All the games are free.
i want to support the players still, but don't want to give another cent to MLSE. with the expansion, tickets will be easy to get (and maybe freebies) for games i want to cherrypick.

Brooker
10-14-2014, 02:14 AM
Renew? People still have them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm81LSKJC2k

kodiakTFC
10-14-2014, 02:25 AM
I'll be renewing but I don't know whether or not I'll be using them. If ever again even. I hoping to leave in January for an internship with the UN. I'd return by June but I'm off to start my PhD in September unless a miracle job offer comes through.

JuliquE
10-14-2014, 04:30 AM
Jason Kreis didn't inherit a team that was expected to make the playoffs. He doesn't get a mulligan for being Tim B's late season guy. (esp if you blame Tim B partly for not making the playoffs)

Is 10 games enough to get an idea about the manager? Because I've seen some positives, but the negatives are quite baffling from Vanney. Lack of defensive intensity or organization. And picking Kyle Bekker in critical games. The team doesn't look organized at all, like they are still getting used to Vanney's ideas and caught hopeless between Nelsen's system and Vanney's system

In my eyes he's just as tainted as Tim L, Tim B as the team that failed to bring playoffs.
This is my view, as well.. but, if I'm being fair, for six of those ten games, Vanney has almost no preparation time to work with. Going from a weekend match, to midweek and back to a weekend match is always difficult, when it comes to a coach trying to impress upon a struggling side his way of playing -- more so, when there's been as much turmoil at the club as there was when he'd been handed the reigns. You expect to see busy stretches like this at a big club, but, as a coach, you will normally have had time to ready yourself and the players for it (something Bez might not have accounted for, which builds a case for leaving Nelsen in charge, until the playoffs are mathematically no longer possible).

I mean, right out of the gates, Vanney was given two or three days to prepare for Philly. Now, remember: the first and last session after and before a game, respectively, will always be light and limited; maybe leaves Vanney with one decent day of training, to make any difference. As a new coach, you sometimes get a bump in positive results, as the players look to make their first impressions -- in some ways, I think the players also expect this, and look forward to it, with the change seen as refreshing (having previously been in a rut).. but, that becomes FAR less likely during a congested stretch, as the players simply have little left in the tank, to raise their game with. Now, when the bump in results that was maybe hoped for doesn't come, it has a chain-reaction on the belief of the players in the new manager, making it that bit more of a mountain for Vanney to climb. All of this puts things in perspective, a bit, for me.

Having said that, I'm sure I'd be well pleased if, as you say, we hit a home run on the next guy to come in (ticks all the right boxes).. but, if I'm honest, I won't be committing suicide, should they stick with Vanney, and give him a proper go at it, for reasons I've stated, above.

I'll be renewing but I don't know whether or not I'll be using them. If ever again even. I hoping to leave in January for an internship with the UN. I'd return by June but I'm off to start my PhD in September unless a miracle job offer comes through.
Now, THAT'S support.

Also: dope avatar! ^^

DinamoTFC
10-14-2014, 05:40 AM
My gf and I are diehards but we are completely sick of everything wrong with this club. Dissapointed way too often. We wont be renewing unless something seriously positive happens.

Huyton
10-14-2014, 07:12 AM
I'll be renewing, and I will until the day they bury me.

I supported the Toronto Metros Croatia, the Toronto Blizzard and now Toronto FC. I got on the waiting list before the first game, expecting to be able to get seasons tickets the 2nd year, and when I saw what was happening in the south stand at the very first game, I realized that I had completely underestimated the passion in the stands.

It took a few years of "ransom" packs before getting into a Supporters Section (127) and moved into 112 a couple of years ago.

Frankly, I love being in 112. The passion, the camaraderie, and (mostly) there's something good that happened on the field to talk about after the game at the pub. I go to all the games that I can: Voyageurs Cup, CCL, Canada games, even the occasional friendly. I go with my best friend, his girl friend and my son...even my wife joins us on occasion.

At times, it can be very frustrating supporting TFC, but I'm still happy that there is a team to support.

And until such a time as either I'm not here or the team is not here, I will continue to be a supporter.

MightyDM
10-14-2014, 08:40 AM
I will renew for sure. Supporter for ever. However, I feel they should have made Vanney interim coach since he had little experience. After watching the team under his guidance he should be rotated back to development and get an experienced top level coach.
+1 agreed

Canary10
10-14-2014, 08:41 AM

Vanney looks like a shrinking violet to me. In none of his matches, all of which had playoff implications, did I see anywhere near the level of intensity we needed to scrap out some points. Frankly, I'm surprised we've picked up any points under him. I don't think we've really looked like winning a single game, even the Portland one. Nelsen at least got some fight out of these guys.

You also have to wonder about a coach unable to get any new manager bounce at all.

MightyDM
10-14-2014, 08:43 AM
I'll be renewing, and I will until the day they bury me.

I supported the Toronto Metros Croatia, the Toronto Blizzard and now Toronto FC. I got on the waiting list before the first game, expecting to be able to get seasons tickets the 2nd year, and when I saw what was happening in the south stand at the very first game, I realized that I had completely underestimated the passion in the stands.

It took a few years of "ransom" packs before getting into a Supporters Section (127) and moved into 112 a couple of years ago.

Frankly, I love being in 112. The passion, the camaraderie, and (mostly) there's something good that happened on the field to talk about after the game at the pub. I go to all the games that I can: Voyageurs Cup, CCL, Canada games, even the occasional friendly. I go with my best friend, his girl friend and my son...even my wife joins us on occasion.

At times, it can be very frustrating supporting TFC, but I'm still happy that there is a team to support.

And until such a time as either I'm not here or the team is not here, I will continue to be a supporter.

great post

JuliquE
10-14-2014, 09:03 AM
You also have to wonder about a coach unable to get any new manager bounce at all.

This is my view, as well.. but, if I'm being fair, for six of those ten games, Vanney has almost no preparation time to work with. Going from a weekend match, to midweek and back to a weekend match is always difficult, when it comes to a coach trying to impress upon a struggling side his way of playing -- more so, when there's been as much turmoil at the club as there was when he'd been handed the reigns. You expect to see busy stretches like this at a big club, but, as a coach, you will normally have had time to ready yourself and the players for it (something Bez might not have accounted for, which builds a case for leaving Nelsen in charge, until the playoffs are mathematically no longer possible).

I mean, right out of the gates, Vanney was given two or three days to prepare for Philly. Now, remember: the first and last session after and before a game, respectively, will always be light and limited; maybe leaves Vanney with one decent day of training, to make any difference. As a new coach, you sometimes get a bump in positive results, as the players look to make their first impressions -- in some ways, I think the players also expect this, and look forward to it, with the change seen as refreshing (having previously been in a rut).. but, that becomes FAR less likely during a congested stretch, as the players simply have little left in the tank, to raise their game with. Now, when the bump in results that was maybe hoped for doesn't come, it has a chain-reaction on the belief of the players in the new manager, making it that bit more of a mountain for Vanney to climb. All of this puts things in perspective, a bit, for me.

Having said that, I'm sure I'd be well pleased if, as you say, we hit a home run on the next guy to come in (ticks all the right boxes).. but, if I'm honest, I won't be committing suicide, should they stick with Vanney, and give him a proper go at it, for reasons I've stated, above.
This.

RoyalRed
10-14-2014, 09:20 AM
I was a day one SSH who spent a lot of money by most people's standards here (I had 4 dark greys, then 4 reds). Gave them all up at end of 2012.

Now go to 3-4 games a year, otherwise watch on TV. When I go, a friend here invites me, or I wait until 2-3 days before, to be sure the dates work, and that the forecast is good. I'll sit anywhere, can find seats for $20-25 here or on stubhub. If I need to pay big scalpers prices for a big game, I will, hasn't happened yet.

Been happier about my involvement with TFC ever since I started doing this. With the stadium expansion, I see this strategy being that much easier to do.

Of course, there are others like me, a lot I think, and this will drive a reaction. Given these pathetic TFC TV ratings, and the field expansion, I wonder if we will start seeing a lot of TFC home games on PPV. Like maybe all of them.

Totally agree with this approach. This has been the last year I get tickets.

There have been just way too many hours spent at BMO, watching them bumble around down there on the pitch, thinking to myself "why on earth did I just not watch this on TV?"

We've got an OK group to get to games at the pub, and the time investment (1 hour to get there and 1 hour to get back and then 2 hours of watching) is too great, especially with kids in the picture now.

I will wait for the big games I want to see in person during the perfect-weather days/evenings of June, July and August and then go to those. The rest will be my cable package going to work for me.

Slick
10-14-2014, 10:50 AM
I find that if you're sitting in yellow's and light grey sections, the prices are somewhat reasonable, so I will likely renew again.

Ultra & Proud
10-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Still think I will renew but if they raise the prices then they have a lot of balls. This is going to take a PR super storm to pull that spin off without revolt. I probably still will anyway but I find myself getting too trapped in the negative mindset, especially at BMO, where disappointment has been running high for a few years. At least back in the true crap days we had a reasonable shot at home points. Now not so much. I find I am always looking for the negative and never get too up about anything we do on the pitch as I expect it to always blow up in our faces. Unfortunately for us, more often than not, this usually happens and I think my spirit has almost been broken enough to never be able to enjoy a match at BMO without expecting dread and failure.

Carts
I'm renewing... I love this club & love going to matches at BMO...

Hell, I refer to it as "my favourite place on earth"...

I'd just love to see a winner one day...

Sadly, its becoming like the Leafs - where I truly believe I will be dead before they win a Stanley Cup...

Lennon
I see no good reason to get season tickets. I go to almost every game when I'm in the city and can always find tickets here for $15-20. Sometimes even for free.

Initial B
10-14-2014, 11:07 AM
Do you think the TFC FO takes any notice of threads like these?

Carts
10-14-2014, 11:09 AM
I see no good reason to get season tickets. I go to almost every game when I'm in the city and can always find tickets here for $15-20. Sometimes even for free.

I see plenty of good reasons... In fact, I think my reasons are good, and simple...

I love going - I go to every game - I love sitting with the people around me (aka same seats each game) - I love the SSH benefits, swag, events, - and my seats work out to $13.40 per ticket (cheaper than $15-20)...

Those are my good reasons...

Carts...

FRANKIE65
10-14-2014, 11:21 AM
I'm renewing... I love this club & love going to matches at BMO...

Hell, I refer to it as "my favourite place on earth"...

I'd just love to see a winner one day...

Sadly, its becoming like the Leafs - where I truly believe I will be dead before they win a Stanley Cup...

Love BMO, even when the team sucks it's live football.
As for the Leafs, my favorite saying is "I was pretty much in diapers the last time they won the cup...I'll probably be back in diapers the next time they win it"

Phil
10-14-2014, 11:26 AM
Still think I will renew but if they raise the prices then they have a lot of balls. This is going to take a PR super storm to pull that spin off without revolt. I probably still will anyway but I find myself getting too trapped in the negative mindset, especially at BMO, where disappointment has been running high for a few years. At least back in the true crap days we had a reasonable shot at home points. Now not so much. I find I am always looking for the negative and never get too up about anything we do on the pitch as I expect it to always blow up in our faces. Unfortunately for us, more often than not, this usually happens and I think my spirit has almost been broken enough to never be able to enjoy a match at BMO without expecting dread and failure.

Its like your read my mind, LOL

Wince
10-14-2014, 11:47 AM
i'm likely going to watch next year in HD. All the games are free.

I've seen every game this season including CCL. Of course I live outside of Ontario so I don't have any choice.

But if I did live in Ontario, I'd take a wait and see approach... mainly to see if the ticket prices go up and by how much.

Oldtimer
10-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Do you think the TFC FO takes any notice of threads like these?

No. Do you post here to "send a message" to the FO? I don't. I would suggest a more direct approach to get their attention, starting with phoning your ticket rep.

Pookie
10-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Here's a loaded question.

If TFC were winning, would ticket price factor into your decision as much?

Phil
10-14-2014, 12:23 PM
Here's a loaded question.

If TFC were winning, would ticket price factor into your decision as much?

For me yes. But somehow its twisted into most minds that winning makes it okay to raise the prices. TFC would be getting a boost in additional ticket sales for post season matches. Winning does equal more money in its most basic form. Accepting a ticket raise in seasons because they get into playoffs is a real problem IMO.

Its like when they put performance bonus clauses in players contract. They sit there all smug saying 'if you socre the goals you get the cash' yet on this side of the fence they just milk us for all we are worth.

BuSaPuNk
10-14-2014, 12:28 PM
I'd like to see a price freeze. There is no point to them raising prices at all, it would only create a backlash with a fanbase that has supported you through 8 years of this.

There adding 8k for seats in stage one of the expansion. Sell them.

Show us how you are moving the team forward and that it is a long term thing and not a flash in the pan with the Defoe's of the world.

I'll still be back. Period.

I love this team, I love this group, I believe in what we stand for and most of all I very much believe in this:

We are the voice in the stands
filled with passion, pride and purpose
for every minute of every game.

flatpicker
10-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Yeah, there better be another price freeze, for sure.
Keep the cost low and try to sell the new seats being added.

trane
10-14-2014, 01:10 PM
For me yes. But somehow its twisted into most minds that winning makes it okay to raise the prices. TFC would be getting a boost in additional ticket sales for post season matches. Winning does equal more money in its most basic form. Accepting a ticket raise in seasons because they get into playoffs is a real problem IMO.

Its like when they put performance bonus clauses in players contract. They sit there all smug saying 'if you socre the goals you get the cash' yet on this side of the fence they just milk us for all we are worth.

For me price is part of the equation. While I do not think that winning, should automatically result in raised prices. Certainly losing and raising prices is very difficult to justify, while winning and raising prices, may be justifiable, both because they can claims that you should pay more for a better product, and because the winning may have resulted from more investment. But yes, I do not think that winning alone will always justify price hikes.

OgtheDim
10-14-2014, 01:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/489836368873287680/0jHTlqu__bigger.jpeg John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro)

Vanney says he's had talks with Bez and that he expects to be coach at start of 2015 season. #TFC

(https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash)John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/522051709749985280) According to stats handed to me by #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash) just now, the Reds have lost 96 man games due to injury. Dike 20 of those 96.

(https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash)

lanarkist
10-14-2014, 01:19 PM
I think it will be very interesting to see how long it takes them to start pushing SSH sales. I know it's started slowly, but I think what's happened in the past month likely altered everything in terms of marketing and pricing for next year. To me I think it will be interesting to see how Leiweke factors into this decision. He is still President, and I don't think they will have found a replacement for him before this decision is finalized and before they announce pricing, marketing, etc... Thus it will be interesting if the Board tries to raise prices only to have him vocally back us, or whether we will see anything from him in his final months - i.e. commenting on his promise to make the playoffs. My guess is Bez will be the poster boy moving forward and will be up to him and the PR department to figure out how they are going to spin this one.

TOBOR !
10-14-2014, 01:20 PM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/522051709749985280) According to stats handed to me by #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash) just now, the Reds have lost 96 man games due to injury. Dike 20 of those 96.

I'd like to see the same stat for 2012, and you can replace Dike with Koevermans if you like. Since we're using injuries as an excuse.

OgtheDim
10-14-2014, 01:27 PM
I was thinking the same thing Tobor.

TOBOR !
10-14-2014, 01:31 PM
BTW, Aron's currently in charge of the Dutch U19's and doing alright, it seems : http://www.uefa.com/under19/news/newsid=2161639.html

bones
10-14-2014, 01:34 PM
I can see ML$E doing 3 things to increase revenue:

1: Increase ticket prices for the "Newer" people but not for those that got grandfathered pricing last year and keep that concept with 2 level pricing. This one keeps long term people buying to prevent the increase if they want to get back in later and they can let the spread grow a bit.
2: Sell tickets in the new seats. This one goes without saying but will definitely increase revenue a lot.
3: Bring up food/beverages to Leafs/Raptors standards. After all, a Rickards is a "premium" brand at the ACC and warrants the $16.50 price.....yeeaaaa...

After they sell Defoe back they should be ok with the increased revenue from above.

As for the OP, I'll probably renew my tickets but I'm going to do the wait and see thing first. Since it looks like my daughter isn't really interested in being in the supporter section I may look at moving out to the new upper east side, again, have to wait and see.

FRANKIE65
10-14-2014, 01:43 PM
I can see ML$E doing 3 things to increase revenue:

1: Increase ticket prices for the "Newer" people but not for those that got grandfathered pricing last year and keep that concept with 2 level pricing. This one keeps long term people buying to prevent the increase if they want to get back in later and they can let the spread grow a bit.
2: Sell tickets in the new seats. This one goes without saying but will definitely increase revenue a lot.
3: Bring up food/beverages to Leafs/Raptors standards. After all, a Rickards is a "premium" brand at the ACC and warrants the $16.50 price.....yeeaaaa...

After they sell Defoe back they should be ok with the increased revenue from above.

As for the OP, I'll probably renew my tickets but I'm going to do the wait and see thing first. Since it looks like my daughter isn't really interested in being in the supporter section I may look at moving out to the new upper east side, again, have to wait and see.

Definitely could see at least two of those things happening.
All I can say is "don't be surprised by anything MLSE does"
#1 - they are already getting people on the "season wait list" to drop either $50 or $250 NON REFUNDABLE deposits
#2 - these said deposits aren't even for a specific seat
#3 - these deposits aren't even for a specific SECTION
#4 - The Toronto Maple Leafs....I'll leave that point as it is....could list about 20 things here

Phil
10-14-2014, 01:50 PM
I have concern over where the team is going, but more than anything I want a commitment to investing in a squad and building a team vs. blowing everything up again then trying to put it together as the season flows. We just got schooled on how things can backfire when you try and buy a team.

There are some good pieces that have either been drafted, brought up or brought in. I want to see more about tactics, style and future growth.

I will remain a seasons ticket holder and supporter of the team.

kodiakTFC
10-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Now, THAT'S support.

Also: dope avatar! ^^

We pay nothing in the supporters section for season tickets. I think we pay $190 but after I take away the discount for the free jersey (1 person in our group of 3 pays $80 for it, $40 savings each) and I sell the raptors tickets (got $90 this year, $30 savings each), I only paid $120 for my seats. I missed plenty of games this season due to work and I was always able to sell my tickets for $15-20 so in the end I was paying essentially nothing for this season. I love this team and more importantly I love standing in misery with all of you guys. There is something unique about football and the role community has within it. Will I ever get tired of poor Big Newf's anguish? Absolutely not.

I don't judge other people for not renewing, its your money and your time, do with it as you please. Going to these games for me means an afternoon out with two of my best friends and a bunch of supporters I've known for years now. I also live in Liberty Village so my commute is a 8 minute walk.

And Julique, I love this avatar. Whom ever created did such an incredible job and its an example of where I'd like to see TFC's branding go. We're the only team in the world that wears Red/Onyx. That is something special to me and we should drop the light grey/white forever.

FRANKIE65
10-14-2014, 02:01 PM
We pay nothing in the supporters section for season tickets. I think we pay $190 but after I take away the discount for the free jersey (1 person in our group of 3 pays $80 for it, $40 savings each) and I sell the raptors tickets (got $90 this year, $30 savings each), I only paid $120 for my seats. I missed plenty of games this season due to work and I was always able to sell my tickets for $15-20 so in the end I was paying essentially nothing for this season. I love this team and more importantly I love standing in misery with all of you guys. There is something unique about football and the role community has within it. Will I ever get tired of poor Big Newf's anguish? Absolutely not.

I don't judge other people for not renewing, its your money and your time, do with it as you please. Going to these games for me means an afternoon out with two of my best friends and a bunch of supporters I've known for years now. I also live in Liberty Village so my commute is a 8 minute walk.

That sums it up perfectly for existing seat holders. How can you go wrong at that price?!

lintberg
10-14-2014, 02:05 PM
I will continue to support this team through thick and thin!
This year was truly dissapointing for sure, I really thought we might make it in to the playoffs this year, but once again it did/will not happen!
My tickets at the top of 110 work out to about $12 per game...so I see no reason not to keep them, I enjoy summer afternoons/evenings at BMO with friends and all of the SSH benefits etc. and beleive it or not I still enjoy watching this team. There have been a couple of games this year Houston (4-2 game) and Portland that saw BMO rock just like the early days!!

Red Skies At Night
10-14-2014, 02:18 PM
I promised myself when I put my $50 down all those years ago (before a ball was kicked in anger... or fun) that I would give it 10 years as a season seat holder, then reassess. But I'm in 115 so tickets aren't a drain on my finances. I don't care about wins or losses, but I care about seeing a plan for growth. Thus they have two seasons to show me that they have a sustainable plan moving forward that will lead to player and club development.

So yes I'll be renewing (at least for two more seasons), irrespective of results on the pitch.

But ssh or not, I'll always be a supporter of this club.

Abou Sky
10-14-2014, 03:35 PM
I'm in 100% unless they raise ticket prices by more than a few percent, maybe I can 'officially' have tix in 112 this time around, I will actually probably add a 4th ticket because I so often need a 4th and although they are easy enough to come by, it is nice to know that you are good to go.

ryan
10-14-2014, 03:58 PM
"They are gonna need a crazy PR plan to get people back. I'm totally renewing though"

"I'm totally in unless they raise them too high. Actually I'm going to add seats"

"I'm renewing for sure! Complaint, complaint, complaint."

"I'm renewing and I'm probably not even going to use em! Muwahahah!"

Not trying to be a dick or nothing, just the logical process of the addicted sports fan mind is something I find....amusing. :)

For the record, I'll be back, merely cause I usually piss away more money on dumber things....and live sport aint so bad, losing or losing badly. Plus I can scream the word cunt at people without getting in trouble. It's just so fucking fun to yell out loud.

JuliquE
10-14-2014, 04:01 PM

And Julique, I love this avatar. Whom ever created did such an incredible job and its an example of where I'd like to see TFC's branding go. We're the only team in the world that wears Red/Onyx. That is something special to me and we should drop the light grey/white forever.
Amen, on all counts.

Have you seen any of my mock ups, from recently (even made one with a nod to RPB; found in ".::The Badge::." & "New Crew logo" threads)?

Roca
10-14-2014, 04:03 PM
The big issue for me is what happens to our seats at the top of 110. I've heard some people say they've been told they won't be affected, others say there'll be a concourse running through what's now our row. There's a good bunch of fans where we are, a lot of whom have been there since day one, and if we get split up or dispersed, it'll completely degrade the game day experience for me. My buddies and I are inclined to renew, but the combo of bad team + losing our seats may be a killer.

prizby
10-14-2014, 04:38 PM

same could have been said with Ryan Nelsen in 2015 or Aron Winter in 2013 etc...

Richard
10-14-2014, 04:41 PM
Amen, on all counts.

Have you seen any of my mock ups, from recently (even made one with a nod to RPB; found in ".::The Badge::." & "New Crew logo" threads)?

The only thing I would change in the logo would be the stupid dash, it really ruins what would be a great crest for me.

Brooker
10-14-2014, 06:16 PM
If we were a good team, would we really be able to fill a 30,000 seat stadium without giving a buttload away for free? I just can't see it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/489836368873287680/0jHTlqu__bigger.jpeg John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro)

Vanney says he's had talks with Bez and that he expects to be coach at start of 2015 season. #TFC

Fan-bloody-tastic. Can he come back next season with a pair of balls and some enthusiasm atleast? :rolleyes:

Dave67
10-14-2014, 06:34 PM
If we were a good team, would we really be able to fill a 30,000 seat stadium without giving a buttload away for free? I just can't see it.

I think so. We were a good team at the beginning of the season. BMO was full and rocking for at least a few games. They would have been able to sell 30,000 for several games this year.

ag futbol
10-14-2014, 06:36 PM
same could have been said with Ryan Nelsen in 2015 or Aron Winter in 2013 etc...
Exactly. Jason Kreis is being used far too often as justification for hiring inexperienced candidates.

It's pretty clear most guys hired can't obtain that level of performance.

jloome
10-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Exactly. Jason Kreis is being used far too often as justification for hiring inexperienced candidates.

It's pretty clear most guys hired can't obtain that level of performance.

Neither Nelsen nor Winter were coming out of the most recent iteration of MLS.

Better comparisons would be Jay Heaps in New England, Caleb Porter in Portland, Mike Petke in New York, Dominic Kinnear in Houston, Carl Robinson in Vancouver, Ben Olsen in D.C. and Gregg Berhalter in Columbus. All former MLS players.

In fact, almost every MLS coach is a former MLS player. Why are we always so insistent on going outside?

There are many more examples recently of former MLS players succeeding as coaches than there are of bringing in guys from outside.

I'd also note the ones who struggle most are those from MLS 1.0, like Mark Watson, Kinnear and Frank Klopas, all guys who know the league but haven't adapted to the changes.

Now how much more of a problem is someone with no league familiarity going to have, or someone who spent years in the premiership before coming here?

The one thing we haven't tried that others have, with success recently, is bringing in an MLS 2.0 former player. It's working in New York, New England, Vancouver, D.C. and Columbus.

brad
10-14-2014, 07:38 PM
If we were a good team, would we really be able to fill a 30,000 seat stadium without giving a buttload away for free? I just can't see it

An interesting question - especially considering that SSH's are priced artificially low right now. And when we are a good team (if we ever are) those price reductions are going to get rolled back in a hurry.

Shakes McQueen
10-14-2014, 08:28 PM
You know what they should do? Put out a letter from Leiweke or Bez to all STHs, announcing a new policy going forward, where they vow never to increase season ticket prices after seasons in which the team doesn't make the post-season.

You'll thank me in 2047, when TFC is still charging 2014 prices.

Wagner
10-14-2014, 08:34 PM
"They are gonna need a crazy PR plan to get people back. I'm totally renewing though"

"I'm totally in unless they raise them too high. Actually I'm going to add seats"

"I'm renewing for sure! Complaint, complaint, complaint."

"I'm renewing and I'm probably not even going to use em! Muwahahah!"

Not trying to be a dick or nothing, just the logical process of the addicted sports fan mind is something I find....amusing. :)

For the record, I'll be back, merely cause I usually piss away more money on dumber things....and live sport aint so bad, losing or losing badly. Plus I can scream the word cunt at people without getting in trouble. It's just so fucking fun to yell out loud.

You win post of the day

Joe Kool
10-14-2014, 08:59 PM
When talking to one if the reps they were telling me they were thinking about doing the whole renewal thing in January again so it may be some time before anything gets communicated to us if they are going with that. It would work for them on a psychological level because it will give time for the people that are pissed off to maybe cool down a bit and maybe the withdrawal of live footy may work for others to get them to give it another go instead of doing a knee jerk reaction to the season and not making the playoffs. It would also give them time to sort out the relocation of the east stand. Yup, I bet we don't hear anything until January in terms of concrete plans. Let's them sort Defoe situation too I guess.

OgtheDim
10-14-2014, 09:10 PM
.... Yup, I bet we don't hear anything until January in terms of concrete plans. Let's them sort Defoe situation too I guess.

That and bring in a DP of some sort to start some buzz.

Given we don't have home games until May, no need to hurry.

Pookie
10-15-2014, 07:47 AM
So renewals in January?

Mistake IMO. That would presumably be done based on a name DP replacing Defoe and/or a name coach.

Which would mean we are once again chasing names and not needs.

Sad if that happens. Some teams try to get better in the offseason. Our priority seems to be try to sell tickets.

Fort York Redcoat
10-15-2014, 08:47 AM
So renewals in January?

Mistake IMO. That would presumably be done based on a name DP replacing Defoe and/or a name coach.

Which would mean we are once again chasing names and not needs.

Sad if that happens. Some teams try to get better in the offseason. Our priority seems to be try to sell tickets.

Agree about the wait but let's not pretend teams in general can't get better and sell tix doing it. We just seem to struggle with it.

lintberg
10-15-2014, 09:00 AM
The big issue for me is what happens to our seats at the top of 110. I've heard some people say they've been told they won't be affected, others say there'll be a concourse running through what's now our row. There's a good bunch of fans where we are, a lot of whom have been there since day one, and if we get split up or dispersed, it'll completely degrade the game day experience for me. My buddies and I are inclined to renew, but the combo of bad team + losing our seats may be a killer.

I have the exact same concerns, my seats are in row 33 of 110. I guess we will just have to wait and see when the renewals/seat relocation comes up.

Pookie
10-15-2014, 09:25 AM
Agree about the wait but let's not pretend teams in general can't get better and sell tix doing it. We just seem to struggle with it.

Sure they can.

But if they actually delay renewals to hype a ticket selling window, what are the odds that they will sign players we need if they are "unknowns"?

Before we knew of them, imagine a "Plata, Urutti, Laba" offseason compared to Defoe? One improves the team. The other improves ticket sales.

We may need a midfielder. The best available might be an unknown. A big name might be available though. Maybe lost a step but a name everyone would recognize.

Which do they opt for if they make the step to delay renewals?

Red4ever
10-15-2014, 09:43 AM
If they're smart they'll sell loyalty, they'll sell the mea culpa and take attention away from the players we will sign. Brand name or not. This should be a love in. They don't have any credibility in scouting or soccer IQ right now, fair or not.

The one thing they are in a position to do is say is:

"We're sorry and we will make it up to you. It wasn't as easy as we made it out to be, but it shouldn't be as hard as we've made it, and for that we apologize. We are going to sign good players, not flashy players but ones that work within our system. Now here is some free shit that doesn't hurt our bottom line that you would appreciate. We know you still love this team. Are we cool?" *extends hand*

But if Bez passes the buck, I'll have to think about what I do with some of the tickets I have.

C.Ronaldo
10-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Sure they can.

But if they actually delay renewals to hype a ticket selling window, what are the odds that they will sign players we need if they are "unknowns"?

Before we knew of them, imagine a "Plata, Urutti, Laba" offseason compared to Defoe? One improves the team. The other improves ticket sales.

We may need a midfielder. The best available might be an unknown. A big name might be available though. Maybe lost a step but a name everyone would recognize.

to be fair, defoe didnt lose a step. hes always injury prone. Its his attitude that is so damning.

Justin10000
10-15-2014, 10:30 AM
Nothing. I'm renewing, no hesitation. TFC and RPB forever. THe good times will come soon enough.

brad
10-15-2014, 12:40 PM
If they're smart they'll sell loyalty, they'll sell the mea culpa and take attention away from the players we will sign. Brand name or not. This should be a love in. They don't have any credibility in scouting or soccer IQ right now, fair or not.

The one thing they are in a position to do is say is:

"We're sorry and we will make it up to you. It wasn't as easy as we made it out to be, but it shouldn't be as hard as we've made it, and for that we apologize. We are going to sign good players, not flashy players but ones that work within our system. Now here is some free shit that doesn't hurt our bottom line that you would appreciate. We know you still love this team. Are we cool?" *extends hand*

But if Bez passes the buck, I'll have to think about what I do with some of the tickets I have.

Funny, that sounds exactly like what Anslemi did, year after year. It might work on the folks that bought into the Bloody Big Deal this year and jumped on the bandwagon, but of those that have been around the block before - it would be the same old song and dance.

Personally, I stopped believing anything the club tell me a few years back. Put up or shut up is the approach I take with what the club says.

Red4ever
10-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Funny, that sounds exactly like what Anslemi did, year after year. It might work on the folks that bought into the Bloody Big Deal this year and jumped on the bandwagon, but of those that have been around the block before - it would be the same old song and dance.

Personally, I stopped believing anything the club tell me a few years back. Put up or shut up is the approach I take with what the club says.

Fair and you're not wrong.

I guess I just never believed Anselmi for a second so I don't feel as duped. Lieweke was the first person associated with the club whom I ever took seriously.

Fort York Redcoat
10-15-2014, 08:47 PM
Sure they can.

Imagine the announced attendance's this year. Imagine them not moving all year since this dream didn't guarantee Plata's coming out or Urruti syncing the way he did early with his new team. I know you believe we would've been better off and I agree in the long term but I doubt the difference wouldve there in the season record.

cmonyoureds
10-15-2014, 09:28 PM
"I'll be buying season tickets this offseason, write it down"***
*best Tim L imitation voice*

Probably not, but sounds good doesn't it Bogers?

MightyDM
10-16-2014, 02:04 AM

Fan-bloody-tastic. Can he come back next season with a pair of balls and some enthusiasm atleast? :rolleyes:

nice man. But totally this.

MightyDM
10-16-2014, 02:08 AM
Neither Nelsen nor Winter were coming out of the most recent iteration of MLS.

Better comparisons would be Jay Heaps in New England, Caleb Porter in Portland, Mike Petke in New York, Dominic Kinnear in Houston, Carl Robinson in Vancouver, Ben Olsen in D.C. and Gregg Berhalter in Columbus. All former MLS players.

In fact, almost every MLS coach is a former MLS player. Why are we always so insistent on going outside?

There are many more examples recently of former MLS players succeeding as coaches than there are of bringing in guys from outside.

I'd also note the ones who struggle most are those from MLS 1.0, like Mark Watson, Kinnear and Frank Klopas, all guys who know the league but haven't adapted to the changes.

Now how much more of a problem is someone with no league familiarity going to have, or someone who spent years in the premiership before coming here?

The one thing we haven't tried that others have, with success recently, is bringing in an MLS 2.0 former player. It's working in New York, New England, Vancouver, D.C. and Columbus.

whatever ones gripes about Nelsen, let's remember we were in third place when he was fired. And now the history is being written by many that we were not good enough etc etc. if we were not good enough, his record starts to look very good. And if you ignore what he said in interviews and look at results, it's decent. Not outstanding, but decent. I think more and more that the decision to let him go was a mistake.

Cashcleaner
10-16-2014, 03:58 AM
^ We were third, but trending downward - you have to take that into account. Nelsen's record in his final ten matches was 3 Wins, 4 Loses, and 3 Draws. And when we lost, we last bad. Like 4-1 for SKC, 0-3 for DC, and 0-3 for New England.

Obviously we'll never know one way or another how this season may have played out if Nelsen stayed, but if you could put yourself in Lieweke's shoes at the time (Late August) how many more games would you have given him?

trane
10-16-2014, 10:07 AM
Nothing. I'm renewing, no hesitation. TFC and RPB forever. THe good times will come soon enough.

Hahahhahhahhah. I am sorry man. But I really laughed at this. As I said I plan to get seasons again for next year, but this is a step too far. I believe they truly tried this year. But " soon enough" was 3-5 years ago.

pdubs
10-16-2014, 10:15 AM
The are in a potential mess. Actual attendance this year towards the end wasn't stellar. I am just imagining a 30,000 seat stadium with 15,000-18,000 legit people in the stands. Will look horrendous. It makes me think the reinvestment in the club, whoever the new head hauncho at MLSE is, will have to be significant.

Can't see ticket prices or season seats being raised at this point. The message from them should be, more investment in the team, no ticket price raises until playoffs are met. 30,000 seats... mai gawd

brad
10-16-2014, 10:18 AM
^ We were third, but trending downward - you have to take that into account. Nelsen's record in his final ten matches was 3 Wins, 4 Loses, and 3 Draws. And when we lost, we last bad. Like 4-1 for SKC, 0-3 for DC, and 0-3 for New England.

Obviously we'll never know one way or another how this season may have played out if Nelsen stayed, but if you could put yourself in Lieweke's shoes at the time (Late August) how many more games would you have given him?

And regarding the 3rd place - the question needs to be asked - how much of that was down to Nelsen's coaching ability, and how much was down to Defoe pulling something out of nothing?

MightyDM
10-16-2014, 05:01 PM

the rest of the season.

TFC07
10-16-2014, 05:21 PM
The are in a potential mess. Actual attendance this year towards the end wasn't stellar. I am just imagining a 30,000 seat stadium with 15,000-18,000 legit people in the stands. Will look horrendous. It makes me think the reinvestment in the club, whoever the new head hauncho at MLSE is, will have to be significant.

Can't see ticket prices or season seats being raised at this point. The message from them should be, more investment in the team, no ticket price raises until championships are met. 30,000 seats... mai gawd

FYP*

Cashcleaner
10-16-2014, 10:44 PM
the rest of the season.

That's fair enough. And I think there's more than a few people who would agree with you. Myself, I give Tim L the benefit of the doubt here. I think after our mid-season slump our chances for playoffs were going to greatly reduced no matter who was in charge, but there's merit in the argument to keep him a bit longer as well.

OfficeGuy
10-17-2014, 10:57 AM
a message to TFC ... sorry couldn't resist how it works with the lyrics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxvHgqRZp3s

FRANKIE65
10-17-2014, 11:26 AM

LMAO...one of my favorite songs from way back!

C.Ronaldo
10-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Hahahhahhahhah. I am sorry man. But I really laughed at this. As I said I plan to get seasons again for next year, but this is a step too far. I believe they truly tried this year. But " soon enough" was 3-5 years ago.

what scares me is that they did truly try, and thats the result

trane
10-17-2014, 02:54 PM
LMAO...one of my favorite songs from way back!

I have hoped that this would end up the basis of one of our chants since 2007. Love the song.

lobo
10-17-2014, 03:08 PM

slow clap ... brilliant

TFC_Allez
10-17-2014, 04:00 PM
So long as they don't raise prices, I'll be there in 2015. I think we have a responsibility as supporters to support the team in all circumstances, but also to hold them accountable, and by accountable I mean boo them when they deserve to be boo'ed and motivate and celebrate them the rest of the time. We are technically helping pay their salaries. We all show up to games because we love the sport and we love our city but I'll be damned if soccer dies in this city and I did nothing to help save it...even if I'm the last person sitting in 112. TFC till I die...even though they're trying really hard to kill me lol

flatpicker
10-17-2014, 04:06 PM
http://salesgyan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/pot-of-gold.jpg

james
10-17-2014, 09:57 PM
I am most likely renewing. As long as prices are the same or even better they should be lower!!!

jazzy
10-17-2014, 11:20 PM

very special...........refreshing.........best ever

jloome
10-17-2014, 11:54 PM
I have hoped that this would end up the basis of one of our chants since 2007. Love the song.

The whole album! Gangsters, Niteklub, Little Bitch.... classic.

69Chevy396
10-18-2014, 04:47 PM
I won't ever attend another regular season game. My season tickets are no longer of any interest to me, As I have completely lost interest in this team. Every season is the same except I am not the same, I am weary, dejected and pissed off at both the team andmyself for believing in the pre season hype. For me, Defoe represents what I hate most about overpaid, ignorant and selfish pro athletes. I hope he leaves takes his worthless ass back to England.

inheavensince07
10-18-2014, 04:49 PM
I won't ever attend another regular season game. My season tickets are no longer of any interest to me, As I have completely lost interest in this team. Every season is the same except I am not the same, I am weary, dejected and pissed off at both the team andmyself for believing in the pre season hype. For me, Defoe represents what I hate most about overpaid, ignorant and selfish pro athletes. I hope he leaves takes his worthless ass back to England.

You are a class act .. I have respect for you .. I have stated several times there needs to be many more of you .. I am sadly disappointed in die hards .

Qman
10-18-2014, 04:56 PM
i'm done. Can't wait to burn my Defoe jersey

jazzy
10-18-2014, 08:43 PM
You are a class act .. I have respect for you .. I have stated several times there needs to be many more of you .. I am sadly disappointed in die hards .

so soccer should leave Toronto ? Hockey , Baseball........we could all go to the bar and dream of back home.........and the great non losing teams of ? insert your perfect team here........ supporters can see the horrible results , of course , and can choose not to support , yet it is only a game ,......perhaps a solitary hobby would be more rewarding . We choose to support a team so we can stupidly let off steam or occasionally enjoy a invigorating event amongst many who share the same joy . It doesn't really mean piss in the general scheme of things . Since when does supporting a good or bad team, or their length of loyalty define the quality of a supporter ? Anything that keeps us passionate and thought provoking has benefits . A life of blandness can easily be yours . Watch corny .

backbeat
10-18-2014, 08:48 PM

if you were indifferent you wouldn't be here least of all post this....

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-18-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm back so long as they don't jack my season's prices and will be back as long as there's a team here and I can afford the tix- my bigger concern is the way they're running things into the ground, they're won't be a team in five years.

billyfly
10-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Someone buying my tickets.

OgtheDim
10-18-2014, 09:49 PM

Given this forum is kinda run by and for people that tend to be the diehards, singing in the rain and cold like today, your expectations on a thread about SSH renewals are not going to be met in here.

reggie
10-18-2014, 09:52 PM
so I guess all the non supporters will cancel there account on here since this is a tfc supporter forum,goodbye and see you on the bandwagon when they win 3 in row:scarf:

Red CB Toronto
10-18-2014, 09:55 PM
I always enjoy going to the game, so TFC forever for me.

Leedsoronto
10-18-2014, 10:27 PM
2014, Best season in TFC history, next year can only get better, ya dam right I will be there to see it, wearing my free hat in the late Spring cold wet weather :@)

Initial B
10-18-2014, 11:52 PM
Actually, in terms of points per game, the 2009 team was better.

Cashcleaner
10-19-2014, 12:46 AM
It may be just me who's bothered by this, but it's been stuck in the back of my mind since I first saw it on Friday and that is this sorta silly advert TFC posted on their Facebook page.

Basically, TFC did a few youtube videos of players "training" a bunch of toronto Real Estate agents. The one I watched was DeRo at the Beaches shown below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC2TbcGW0RM&feature=youtu.be

http://www.torontofc.ca/defoeandderotrainzoocasa

Anyway, I don't know if maybe I was thinking too hard about it, but it actually pissed me off that TFC would post this. Forget the fact that's it's just a bit of a cheap production, but this thing came out on Friday. I mean, here we are less than one week after losing 3-1 to New York. We've got entire season was winding down yet again with no hope of playoffs. And all the hope and optimism we had going into the season has been pretty much drained. The supporters are feeling down, the players are likely feeling just as down; but for some reason, the marketing dept. at TFC is thinking - What a great time to show our players running drills on a bunch of Real Estate guys!

I mean, I know that we've come to expect these sorts of things from sports nowadays; but it just really irked me about the timing of it all. I know this video was likely shot months ago and the club was contractually obliged to release it at some point in the season, but I dunno...I don't like this sorta shit. Sure it generates revenue for the club, but to me it looks tacky and frankly, gives the impression that our club is a promotions and marketing machine first, and a soccer team second.

jloome
10-19-2014, 01:10 AM
It may be just me who's bothered by this, but it's been stuck in the back of my mind since I first saw it on Friday and that is this sorta silly advert TFC posted on their Facebook page.

Basically, TFC did a few youtube videos of players "training" a bunch of toronto Real Estate agents. The one I watched was DeRo at the Beaches shown below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC2TbcGW0RM&feature=youtu.be

http://www.torontofc.ca/defoeandderotrainzoocasa

Anyway, I don't know if maybe I was thinking too hard about it, but it actually pissed me off that TFC would post this. Forget the fact that's it's just a bit of a cheap production, but this thing came out on Friday. I mean, here we are less than one week after losing 3-1 to New York. We've got entire season was winding down yet again with no hope of playoffs. And all the hope and optimism we had going into the season has been pretty much drained. The supporters are feeling down, the players are likely feeling just as down; but for some reason, the marketing dept. at TFC is thinking - What a great time to show our players running drills on a bunch of Real Estate guys!

I mean, I know that we've come to expect these sorts of things from sports nowadays; but it just really irked me about the timing of it all. I know this video was likely shot months ago and the club was contractually obliged to release it at some point in the season, but I dunno...I don't like this sorta shit. Sure it generates revenue for the club, but to me it looks tacky and frankly, gives the impression that our club is a promotions and marketing machine first, and a soccer team second.

Dude, yesterday they had a story on MLSsoccer about Osorio and Bekker modelling TFC's new fashion line. I kid you not.

Brooker
10-19-2014, 06:55 AM
I always enjoy going to the game, so TFC forever for me.

I still get pumped like its year 1 going to BMO. As for the travel home after an inevitable collapse.... not so much.

I think that's why I like to get down to Parkdale early. Soak up as much buildup as I can before it all goes wrong.

Actually, I think I should just go hang around the bars and do the march and right before we get to BMO hop on the Go Train and go home.

ensco
10-19-2014, 07:25 AM
From the Star today:

It’s all left Charette shaking his head and wondering whether he’ll be buying season tickets again. When he emailed the ticket office this week asking for five good reasons why he should order again, his message bounced back.

http://t.thestar.com/#/article/sports/tfc/2014/10/18/toronto_fc_eliminated_from_mls_playoff_race.html

Joe Kool
10-19-2014, 07:57 AM
The result wasn't what we wanted yesterday but I thought the game was still exciting. I brought my 10 year old son for a boys day out while my daughter and wife did their thing at home. He also thought the game was exciting and his favourite one this year that I brought him to. My love of the game is becoming his love of the game. I want more days like that for years to come so yeah...I will be renewing and keep the hope that they eventually straighten shit out at the club. If not I will still take many days like I had yesterday with my son.

inheavensince07
10-19-2014, 08:41 AM
The result wasn't what we wanted yesterday but I thought the game was still exciting. I brought my 10 year old son for a boys day out while my daughter and wife did their thing at home. He also thought the game was exciting and his favourite one this year that I brought him to. My love of the game is becoming his love of the game. I want more days like that for years to come so yeah...I will be renewing and keep the hope that they eventually straighten shit out at the club. If not I will still take many days like I had yesterday with my son.

That is nice and I can appreciate that .. I just happen to have another mind set .. You can actually do a million other things with your son other then TFC in terms of bonding .. Even a bunch of soccer related things if it has to be soccer .. TFC has earned nothing and does not deserve all of this support IMO .

Glad to hear your 10 year old can spend time with you and that in fact is priceless .. Worth a billion dollars ..
To me bringing a child into Leaf land I just wouldn't do it .. That is why it is a free world tho We all can do what we want .. Within reason of course

reggie
10-19-2014, 09:59 AM
That is nice and I can appreciate that .. I just happen to have another mind set .. You can actually do a million other things with your son other then TFC in terms of bonding .. Even a bunch of soccer related things if it has to be soccer .. TFC has earned nothing and does not deserve all of this support IMO .

Glad to hear your 10 year old can spend time with you and that in fact is priceless .. Worth a billion dollars ..
To me bringing a child into Leaf land I just wouldn't do it .. That is why it is a free world tho We all can do what we want .. Within reason of course

the season is done..why are you on here...support the team or don't support the team..thats is the question.

FRANKIE65
10-19-2014, 11:05 AM

Had the better half's three teenage boys with me, for, a guy's day out. We all had a great day, and, will continue to support the club. We pretty much all bitch about the club, but, at the end of the day we always hope for that sweet day when the bitterness ends. Saw a bunch of kids at the game yesterday...damn sure they were all wide eyed and smiling...love it!

FluSH
10-19-2014, 11:15 AM
A significant price increase may make me not renew... Other than that I expect to renew

molenshtain
10-19-2014, 11:57 AM
All I have to do is remind myself that if I can't deal with the club at it's worst, then I don't deserve them at their best. And that best will come eventually, and it will taste all the sweeter to those who stuck around from the beginning.

Re ticket prices: I see it as next to impossible that we won't see a reduction in ticket prices next year. adding 8,000 seats to the crowd we had yesterday? it'd be disastrous.. bring down match day tickets $20 or 30$ and I think you'd still do pretty well attendance wise. If they don't though...

habstfc
10-19-2014, 01:43 PM
All I have to do is remind myself that if I can't deal with the club at it's worst, then I don't deserve them at their best. And that best will come eventually, and it will taste all the sweeter to those who stuck around from the beginning.

Re ticket prices: I see it as next to impossible that we won't see a reduction in ticket prices next year. adding 8,000 seats to the crowd we had yesterday? it'd be disastrous.. bring down match day tickets $20 or 30$ and I think you'd still do pretty well attendance wise. If they don't though... I think you'll see supporter's seats stay the same or go up slightly and the higher prices drop slightly.

Qman
10-19-2014, 02:44 PM
I think you'll see supporter's seats stay the same or go up slightly and the higher prices drop slightly.

Agree. Supporters seats will go up (isn't "gouge your diehards" MLSE's creed) . The sideline seats will stay the same or go down, most likely for a drop is eaststands (facing TV cameras, sun side, plus 8000 more seats).

Heart of Stone
10-19-2014, 03:31 PM
I agree with the person who said topless waitresses serving free beer.

sidvan
10-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Likely back for next year. I guess 8 isn't enough! Absolutely zero justification to raise prices anywhere.

Pendrith
10-19-2014, 05:42 PM
Have two seats in 113 and two in 111. Will renew only section 113. Its getting too hard to use 4 tickets. Some games I can't even give them away.

Still Kicking
10-20-2014, 08:02 AM
Best comment on what to do for 2015 from Neil Davidson Canadian Press/ Globe and Mail posted Sunday

Give slogans a rest next season ... Have the CEO button his/her lip ... Find a way to give something back to season ticket-holders, even if it’s just a free beer and snack at eight games next season ... Do something to include fans. How about an update after each game with a statistical/analytic review that details what worked and what didn’t? It doesn’t have to include state secrets but it might offer fans an inside view ... Do something at halftime that is worth watching ... Take a couple of post-game fan questions and have the coach answer them at the post-match news conference ... Give fans a proper tailgating experience before the game ... Hold a weekly season ticket-holders’ lottery with prizes, from one fan sitting on the home bench to prize giveaways ... Make the playoffs.

A Stick
10-20-2014, 08:36 AM
I am really on the fence regarding next season. I have heard many say keep the core together but this core did not show any heart really over the past 10 games (except the comeback win). I am really worried about Vanney. He played the same formation as Nelson and pretty much the same line up. The coaching change didn't really make a difference. You traded one inexperienced coach for another. I can't believe the powers that be didn't realize Defoe and Gilberto were the same player and couldn't play together up front effectively. The defense needs serious retooling and so does the midfield. The wide players don't track back and their possession play is atrocious. Taxi for Bekker please. For last month we have not heard a word about Dike. A guy that was pressing for a World Cup spot for Nigeria doesn't get a sniff for the last month of season. That one is a true head scratcher. Dero is done and hopefully management will see this and offer him an ambassador type of position within the organization. This team needs a serious overhaul but not a serious as the one took place over the last off season. It will be interesting to see how MLSE management handles this off season and their actions will determine if I renew my season ticket again for the 9th year.

brad
10-20-2014, 09:17 AM
For anyone on the fence - remember that dropping seasons does not automatically mean giving up on the team or attending games. Tickets on the secondary market are readily available for $20-25/game. You can still attend as many of as few games as you want as a non-ssh.

If you like where your seats are and/or the people you sit with, that's obviously incentive to renew. If you are in the cheapest areas and attend most games it's probably cheaper to get seasons. If neither applies - look long and hard at how much you are spending on ssh and ask yourself if it is worth the price.

Ruffian
10-20-2014, 09:19 AM
For last month we have not heard a word about Dike. A guy that was pressing for a World Cup spot for Nigeria doesn't get a sniff for the last month of season. That one is a true head scratcher.

I do not know why people were so high on Dike. He looked like he brought some hustle to the team at the end of last season, but still only scored one goal in eight appearances. He also has only played in about 60 games of soccer in the last 8 years, most of them not even at a top level league. His career is most likely over unless his body totally changes and allows him to play.

Fort York Redcoat
10-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Actually, in terms of points per game, the 2009 team was better.

Right. And they were 5th in a conference of 8 while now we are 7 in a conference of 10.

Most will measure a season by points. 35 in 09 and at present we sit with 41.

FRANKIE65
10-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Best comment on what to do for 2015 from Neil Davidson Canadian Press/ Globe and Mail posted Sunday

Give slogans a rest next season ... Have the CEO button his/her lip ... Find a way to give something back to season ticket-holders, even if it’s just a free beer and snack at eight games next season ... Do something to include fans. How about an update after each game with a statistical/analytic review that details what worked and what didn’t? It doesn’t have to include state secrets but it might offer fans an inside view ... Do something at halftime that is worth watching ... Take a couple of post-game fan questions and have the coach answer them at the post-match news conference ... Give fans a proper tailgating experience before the game ... Hold a weekly season ticket-holders’ lottery with prizes, from one fan sitting on the home bench to prize giveaways ... Make the playoffs.

Holy crap...I pretty much agree with the whole thing.

Don Julio
10-20-2014, 10:55 AM
I'll renew as long as they continue to play association football.

oranje boven
10-20-2014, 10:56 AM
I'll be back....I feel like I've been dropping quarters into a slot machine for hours and I'm worried if I get up and leave someone will cash in

Initial B
10-20-2014, 11:02 AM
I think it all comes down to hope. If you can imagine that TFC will one day make the playoffs, then you keep your tickets. If you see no hope of that ever happening, then you ditch the tickets. Hardcore Supporters will always stick around, but they are a small fraction of the total ticket base. If the casual fan has given up hope in TFC, then the franchise is done.

Fort York Redcoat
10-20-2014, 11:04 AM

Holy crap...I pretty much agree with the whole thing.

To be fair:

-Free beer and snacks I won't take.
-If the networks want to lengthen the broadcast coverage, that's great but think of the poor ratings right now. They have to justify going over the set amount of the broadcast into another.
-Halftime should be about the kids. I don't go for the halftime show and the Argos did this in the most gloriously pointless fashion under Shwartz. Concerts, stars for millions of dollars. Still no sellout like Ismail.
-We bitch already about the predictability of the coach interviews. Involving fan questions would be a complaint fest. I wouldn't tune in.
-Tailgating we do ourselves and we just need to all chip in to make it better for us and whoever wants to join in.
-I hate lotteries. It's a karma void.

The only thing I'm in total agreement is achieve success on the pitch.

I want us to be asking ourselves "What are we doing with so many players? How will they all get playing time?" I want us to have a season opener where we can be confident that at least the coach and manager are starting what they feel is the strongest side we've ever had and already gel.

No more sizzle with the steak. I didn't need it in the first place.

Ruffian
10-20-2014, 11:10 AM
I'll renew as long as they continue to play association football.

Sorry to say it but this is how I feel too. Love football (soccer) and love watching it live.

mastermixer
10-20-2014, 11:11 AM
A significant price increase may make me not renew... Other than that I expect to renew

Question is are they going to be able to financially justify the BMO Field renos without a price increase? Lieweke tried to count the chickens before they were hatched and probably expected huge dividends from the 100 million Bradley/Defoe spending spree and 105 million renovations. In terms of fan feedback/satisfaction looks like TFC isn't any further along.

I personally will not renew unless prices remain level.

FRANKIE65
10-20-2014, 11:16 AM
To be fair:

-If the networks want to lengthen the broadcast coverage, that's great but think of the poor ratings right now. They have to justify going over the set amount of the broadcast into another.
-Halftime should be about the kids. I don't go for the halftime show and the Argos did this in the most gloriously pointless fashion under Shwartz. Concerts, stars for millions of dollars. Still no sellout like Ismail.
-We bitch already about the predictability of the coach interviews. Involving fan questions would be a complaint fest. I wouldn't tune in.
-Tailgating we do ourselves and we just need to all chip in to make it better for us and whoever wants to join in.

I want us to be asking ourselves "What are we doing with so many players? How will they all get playing time?" I want us to have a season opener where we can be confident that at least the coach and manager are starting what they feel is the strongest side we've ever had and already gel.

All valid points, guess when I said " I pretty much agree with the whole thing" I really should have said, the point of it...in other words, do SOMETHING for the loyal supporters/fans, introduce stability for once (if Vanney is going to be the coach, then let him coach) the turnstile management HAS to stop!!
Find your starting eleven and PLAY them!! The revolving door was as bad on the pitch as in the management office...I know injuries/world cup/blah blah blah...but the trades when the team was gelling were completely uncalled for.
No more "Bloody Big" anything.

cmonyoureds
10-20-2014, 11:38 AM
"one of the happy fans chanting and disrupting the press conference so much that Defoe and Bradley could only look on and smile."

to this

"Security guards rushed over to a group of fans who’d just unfurled a banner and forced them to take it down. The message on the handcrafted display, which included a London-style double-decker bus? “It’s a bloody big joke.”

Pulling down the non-offensive banner speaks volumes about how this organization is run. And yes, I know it's "city security" that pulled it down, blah blah blah, but we all know where the directions come from.

I'll buy seasons again when the culture is changed. Actually, really, fully changed.

Areathrasher
10-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Security didn't actually pull it down. The guys that brought it took it down themselves as they said it was too windy and they didnt have the proper poles for it or something.

One of the guys that brought it confirmed it himself on twitter in an interaction with Rudi from Goal Canada.

zeelaw
10-20-2014, 11:42 AM
Who fucking cares about the BS that goes around the game... Focus on the fucking field.

Still Kicking
10-20-2014, 01:22 PM
To be fair:

But a coupon or two to ease the price of a bottle of water and a snack? That is gentle gesture that should not be snubbed. Could I have your coupons for a beverage and a snack?

Who is talking about networks? TFC has a statistical analysis of the game posted on Facebook at half time, I think they call it the half time cheat sheet. Then after the game only the condensed game "in six minutes". I would welcome a full time statistical summary online. Social media is an opportunity...for that matter free wi-fi so that more club - fan communication can go on during game time or while I am walking back to my car would be fine by me...

Halftime will never be a make or break situation. However I would be happy with a Rachel free half time. She has had a few years at it and I now associate her with attempts at crowd fun and happy happy with a disconnect to the quality of the team and game.

Good, so when I submit my insightful question, I will be happy to know you will be tuned out. I have written a blog on the team for eight years now. Give your fellow fans more credit. Complaint fest? Could that not also describe your rejoinder to Neil Davidson? Or even his article in the first place?

No, actually tailgating is against Ontario law and Liberty Village contains a police station that tickets on game day. Besides I already have an invite to a complaint fest.

I am a TFC fan. I know nothing about karma.

But you are guilty of selective quoting to make it sound that Neil Davidson was writing all about sizzle items and not steak items!!!

He wrote...
No slogans !!!
CEO with a buttoned lip!
Make the playoffs!!

cmonyoureds
10-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Who fucking cares about the BS that goes around the game... Focus on the fucking field.

I have trouble reconciling your response with the person who started this thread:

Should we sing the monorail song Saturday? (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?36563-How-do-you-rate-the-Leiweke-era&p=1700848#post1700848)

Also the same person who posted these comments:

The Defoe Saviour banner was such a poor idea last night. I wasn't really a fan of the Defoe Judas banner but come on guys...

But hey, maybe your "f**** field" encompasses more than you allow for others?

Fort York Redcoat
10-20-2014, 01:42 PM
But you are guilty of selective quoting to make it sound that Neil Davidson was writing all about sizzle items and not steak items!!!

He wrote...
No slogans !!!
CEO with a buttoned lip!
Make the playoffs!!

He sure did. And the other stuff that made up the majority of what he said is what I was commenting on. I didn't agree with it and said so.

Of course you could have my coupon. If we get them you can pick it up at the tailgate.

It sounds like you took this personally. If you're Neil or friends with him or wrote something similar in your own long running blog - I still don't agree. But your opinion is yours and you're free to it.

I know there will always be those who crave more interaction with the club. I've worked out how much of it I need.

mook-life
10-20-2014, 01:58 PM
I need nothing from the damn club except trophies and success in the playoffs I could care less about meeting Players or management, pub nights and all that stupid crap

Still Kicking
10-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Fort York Redcoat - I hope I did not take it too personally. When I write in a rush, it can sometimes SOUND more personal than I intend. I am aiming for comedy, but oops I end up sounding wounded.

I guess I thought the spirit of Neil Davidson's list was something I could get behind. I respect Davidson's writing highly. Then again I have been on this forum for eons and respect you Mr. Fort York Redcoat as much as I respect Davidson. I think there are some practical improvements to the game day experience that I can go for aside from the quality of the team questions that we will always dance around.

I am sensitive about the tailgating issue. Especially now that it is NFL and US college football season and I know folks going for their US tailgate experience. We had a provincial election last Spring and the issue never comes up! I am thinking of starting my own political entity and calling it The Beer Party. I am truly not much of a drinker and I more often avoid beer on game day than indulge, but I am tired of being treated like a perpetual baby by the Ontario liquor laws.

I suppose if we did not crave some interaction with somebody, the Red Patch forum would be a quiet place. I think I have worked out what I need too. Yet wifi would be a simple step and providing timely info would be a bonus. I understand that appeals more to the blogger side than the fan side, but I know we are always consulting phones during halftime. I guess section 220 is a quest for info sort of place...

zeelaw
10-20-2014, 07:11 PM
I have trouble reconciling your response with the person who started this thread:

Should we sing the monorail song Saturday? (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?36563-How-do-you-rate-the-Leiweke-era&p=1700848#post1700848)

Also the same person who posted these comments:

The Defoe Saviour banner was such a poor idea last night. I wasn't really a fan of the Defoe Judas banner but come on guys...

But hey, maybe your "f**** field" encompasses more than you allow for others?

It was aimed at the front office, sorry if that wasn't clear.

MightyDM
10-20-2014, 08:51 PM

same with my son, and in previous years he only liked it. This year he loved it. Worth gold

Huyton
10-21-2014, 06:06 AM
Gentlemen...

Keep bringing your sons to games.

My son was at the first game with me and my best friend. He and I were at the final home game of that first season, gleefully joining in on the celebrations on the field.

He, and my friends girlfriend split games when we first got Ransom packs, and later they each got ransom packs. Later, when we graduated to being SSH's, he was with me when we got seats in a Supporters Section - 127. We were so happy, he and I sat in our new seats for half an hour...he even kept the sheet from the seat, taping it to his bedroom door.

The following year, he ran around the South Stand so we could pick up one seat in 116, another in 117 and two (in different rows) in 118. The grins we shared on the way home were plastered on our faces for days afterwards - finally we'd made it into Supporter Heaven. We just wanted a couple more "shit" seasons so we could get into 112 "officially" and TFC duly delivered!

It's not the same when I go to a game without him, and we see as many games as we can, whether MLS, Voyageurs Cup, CONCACAF, Canadian Mens and Womens games.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5608/15405054937_818a3856ff_c_d.jpg

FRANKIE65
10-21-2014, 08:24 AM
Gentlemen...

My son was at the first game with me and my best friend. He and I were at the final home game of that first season, gleefully joining in on the celebrations on the field.

He, and my friends girlfriend split games when we first got Ransom packs, and later they each got ransom packs. Later, when we graduated to being SSH's, he was with me when we got seats in a Supporters Section - 127. We were so happy, he and I sat in our new seats for half an hour...he even kept the sheet from the seat, taping it to his bedroom door.

The following year, he ran around the South Stand so we could pick up one seat in 116, another in 117 and two (in different rows) in 118. The grins we shared on the way home were plastered on our faces for days afterwards - finally we'd made it into Supporter Heaven. We just wanted a couple more "shit" seasons so we could get into 112 "officially" and TFC duly delivered!

It's not the same when I go to a game without him, and we see as many games as we can, whether MLS, Voyageurs Cup, CONCACAF, Canadian Mens and Womens games.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5608/15405054937_818a3856ff_c_d.jpg

Great stuff!!! Took our boys to three games each this season (teenagers) win, lose, or, draw...they had a great time EVERYTIME.

Fort York Redcoat
10-21-2014, 08:29 AM
Fort York Redcoat - I hope I did not take it too personally. When I write in a rush, it can sometimes SOUND more personal than I intend. I am aiming for comedy, but oops I end up sounding wounded.

I guess I thought the spirit of Neil Davidson's list was something I could get behind. I respect Davidson's writing highly. Then again I have been on this forum for eons and respect you Mr. Fort York Redcoat as much as I respect Davidson. I think there are some practical improvements to the game day experience that I can go for aside from the quality of the team questions that we will always dance around.

I am sensitive about the tailgating issue. Especially now that it is NFL and US college football season and I know folks going for their US tailgate experience. We had a provincial election last Spring and the issue never comes up! I am thinking of starting my own political entity and calling it The Beer Party. I am truly not much of a drinker and I more often avoid beer on game day than indulge, but I am tired of being treated like a perpetual baby by the Ontario liquor laws.

I suppose if we did not crave some interaction with somebody, the Red Patch forum would be a quiet place. I think I have worked out what I need too. Yet wifi would be a simple step and providing timely info would be a bonus. I understand that appeals more to the blogger side than the fan side, but I know we are always consulting phones during halftime. I guess section 220 is a quest for info sort of place...

Glad to hear. And this proves there's more than one type of support. Just different. To clarify, the interaction I refer to is club interaction. I prefer to keep a distance between player, coach, manager, and most of FO to maintain some semblance of objectivity. It's what I personally need. Some don't.

Group interaction has no limit for me.g:D

And as much as I distance myself from the social media info elsewhere I still end up asking about gameday lineups sometimes if someone is looking at it.

Still Kicking
10-21-2014, 08:43 AM
I saw online that Charlton Athletic is bringing in free wifi for their supporters at The Valley.

I too was thinking about club interaction, although if I bugged TFC FO enough for press credentials - I would hope to get access to their locked wifi. I don't want to be press. I am a fan. I blog partially from team and sport love and partially as a challenge to myself to improve my writing skills. Oh, and also as aid to memory.

I know this it teetering on a thread hijack.....:drum:

OgtheDim
10-21-2014, 09:05 AM
They keep wanting people to tweet and follow, and yet unless you use your mobile data (oh wait...).

IIRC, Rogers provides free wifi at SkyDome so I don't see why not at BMO.

C.Ronaldo
10-21-2014, 09:19 AM
They keep wanting people to tweet and follow, and yet unless you use your mobile data (oh wait...).

IIRC, Rogers provides free wifi at SkyDome so I don't see why not at BMO.

if supporters groups could push messages through to initate a chant or TIFO drop, that would be something

Miko
10-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Gentlemen...

Just had our first at the end of July.

Have already brought him to 3 games.

Hope my love of the game becomes his as well.

That may be enough to get me to renew (for now).

fiji_blue
10-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Look up FireChat introduces a new way to chat: "off-the-grid".

Derko
10-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Get rid of Defoe, and become competitive. Be professional

prizby
10-23-2014, 06:11 AM
we don't need free wifi...that is an awful idea...watch the football in front of you, not your phones

Primavera
10-23-2014, 08:31 AM
we don't need free wifi...that is an awful idea...watch the football in front of you, not your phones
^this.

OgtheDim
10-23-2014, 08:59 AM

You know, some of us actually show up WELL before the game and.... :smile:

ensco
10-23-2014, 09:02 AM
Stadium wifi (and especially a dedicated app for ticket holders) is coming to every stadium in the world. Like it or not. There are a lot of these types of stories out there....

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Levi-s-Stadium-app-spawns-49ers-backed-tech-5765459.php

jazzy
10-23-2014, 07:13 PM
You know, some of us actually show up WELL before the game and.... :smile:

and catching up on half time scores.......but wouldn't want to miss any of our thrilling half time shows ................or the shrieking Rachel...

Still Kicking
10-23-2014, 10:55 PM
What if I pledge to only use the free wifi prior to the anthem, during the halftime and then after the final whistle?

What if I only use it to post my blog and check on game reports from Cyprus?

Detroit_TFC
10-24-2014, 09:41 AM
The unending bad decision making from the FO is exasperating and dumb. But looking around the league, it seems to me that the FO conduct with SGs is decent, despite occasional issues coming up now and again. I think that would be the line for me, if the FO really started to abuse the organized supporters.

Ultra & Proud
10-24-2014, 10:03 AM
If the team would ever do away game updates or scores at the half I wouldn't have to. A place like KC has it right. Wifi can be good for the match if it is done well and the team app offers replays and things right after the play happens. Sometimes the sun and stuff makes the big screen hard to see but if I could actually pop it up on my phone when we're all screaming at the ref it would be useful. I however do not count on any of that.

SirBobSaget
10-24-2014, 10:09 AM
If the team would ever do away game updates or scores at the half I wouldn't have to. A place like KC has it right. Wifi can be good for the match if it is done well and the team app offers replays and things right after the play happens. Sometimes the sun and stuff makes the big screen hard to see but if I could actually pop it up on my phone when we're all screaming at the ref it would be useful. I however do not count on any of that.

This would be great. But they would prob make us watch a 30 sec advertisement before each replay.

Ultra & Proud
10-24-2014, 11:02 AM
This would be great. But they would prob make us watch a 30 sec advertisement before each replay.

Oh they would for sure. That's why I never use that app. It''s slow, not updated often, and loaded with ads.

eustacchio
10-24-2014, 02:17 PM

A decent in-venue app can add a lot to the game day experience outside of match time too.

mook-life
10-25-2014, 12:42 AM
How about we focus on winning before all these bells and whistles like free WiFi.....

JuliquE
10-25-2014, 07:27 AM
How about we focus on winning before all these bells and whistles like free WiFi.....
Not to single you out, but this sort of comment comes up, now and again, and it's always a head-scratcher, for me.

For one: we don't run the team, and likely have even less influence on things than most think.. and, as such, what we focus on, in the end, won't be of much consequence.

Two: I don't understand the thinking that, because we aren't winning, we need to be constantly hashing out formations or talking about players, etcetera, and are NEVER allowed to mention anything else, lest someone tells us to focus on winning.

Just seems silly, to me, and makes supporting the club one-dimensional and, thus, less enjoyable/interesting. For a club that loses as much as we do, it would be torturous for us to focus on that, alone; I don't think anyone's overly obsessed with all the peripheral stuff, which, then, I would agree with you.. because that would, over time, be the message conveyed to management.

I remember when I made one of my six threads, ever, in my efforts to pass the time, as I was getting hyped for an upcoming match, I was told that "we're going into battle," as a response suggesting the thread was ill-timed or w/e. Sorry, but, when you're not privileged to live within the vicinity, for instance, you're going to find different ways to try and connect. Point being: you never know from what angle someone is supporting the club or why/what it means to them; to tell them "you're doing it wrong; do it my ONE way, only" is, for me, just not the thing.

[/rant]

Pookie
10-25-2014, 09:04 AM
^ Maybe winning and free wifi represent the two extremes

Winning should never be tied to ticket prices as it gives the FO a license to raise prices when they eventually win. Ticket prices should be tied to our collective disposable income. I don't get a raise if the team makes the playoffs. The amount I have to spend tends to stay constant.

Similarly, if "TFC: We have Wifi" becomes the tag line, we should really seriously consider adopting another sport.

The renewal focus should be on value. They are asking you to pre-pay to approx 17-18 matches a season. For that, you get a discount off of regular rates and access to a guaranteed seat. That's the basic premise. Other markets offer:

- playoff games included at no additional charge
- An ability to exchange tickets for games you can't get to for extra seats to games that you can.
- Free or discounted parking.
- VIP lot parking.
- Food packages.
- A further discount for committing to buying for multiple seasons
- Loyalty rewards program
- Early stadium entry
- Discounts off youth soccer camps

Under TFC's Season Seat Holder Benefits page, here are the 6 highlights they have opted to put forward. http://www.torontofc.ca/content/season-seat-holders-benefits (my comments in parenthesis) :

1. Your own dedicated Account Representative - (you get to call TFC and they answer your questions… imagine that?)

2. Access to Account Manager - (if you don't want to call you can log in and pay an invoice… unless of course the system is down then you can call your own dedicated Account Representative… the benefit that just keeps on giving.

3. Ticket Exchange feature inside Account Manager - (good value here - except you can only sell to existing seat holders)

4. First Access to Playoff Tickets (Here is value. Of course, at what price will they be offered is another question. Note that LA and other markets include those games in their package)

5. Discount Card for Toronto FC Merchandise
 (a nice benefit on par with other MLS clubs)

6.E-mail Subscription
 (Someone who answers my questions AND sends me bulk email???? Oh TFC, you spoil me)

Ultra & Proud
10-25-2014, 09:09 AM
We've been focusing on winning for the past 8 seasons and it hasn't worked. Maybe it's time to focus on something more attainable, like wifi and better beer. If I gotta go down and watch us lose consistently then my game day experience might as well be at least somewhat enjoyable since the on field product rarely is.

Fort York Redcoat
10-25-2014, 10:30 AM
^ Maybe winning and free wifi represent the two extremes

- playoff games included at no additional charge
- An ability to exchange tickets for games you can't get to for extra seats to games that you can.
- Free or discounted parking.
- VIP lot parking.
- Food packages.
- A further discount for committing to buying for multiple seasons
- Loyalty rewards program
- Early stadium entry
- Discounts off youth soccer camps

Don't want to be forced playoff tix
exchange is good
parking sure but VIP? maybe discounted.
multiple season discounts. Yep.
Early stadium entry? Earlier than usual?
Youth camps discounts are a great idea.

ensco
10-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Given the volume of seats they suddenly have to sell, it would be interesting to try a dutch auction here on the new seats.

It's never been tried to my knowledge in sports, but I've always wondered if it could work (it's used in the bond market, it's how treasury bills are sold for instance)

MLSE ask people to bid on seats: amount you'd be willing to pay, per seat, in a price category. Then MLSE decide where to draw the line - everyone above a certain number in each category gets the seats.

I mean, what have they got to lose, those 8000 new seats are unsaleable right now, and represent massive overhang on the existing SSH process.

Mind you, they might be shocked by the outcome of this process.

Pookie
10-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Don't want to be forced playoff tix

How come? You wouldn't necessarily be forced but it would be priced in your package. LA gives 3 Bonus games per year. MLS Playoffs, CONCACAF and a Friendly. It's included in the price and the price is comparable to what we would pay for just the regular season.

parking sure but VIP? maybe discounted.

Think about it. Dedicated parking with dedicated traffic cops close to the stadium. Easy in and easy out. The "Fast Lane" experience.

This is popping up all over from Disney to Airports. I'd consider that a value.

mook-life
10-25-2014, 06:47 PM
Not to single you out, but this sort of comment comes up, now and again, and it's always a head-scratcher, for me.

For one: we don't run the team, and likely have even less influence on things than most think.. and, as such, what we focus on, in the end, won't be of much consequence.

Two: I don't understand the thinking that, because we aren't winning, we need to be constantly hashing out formations or talking about players, etcetera, and are NEVER allowed to mention anything else, lest someone tells us to focus on winning.

Just seems silly, to me, and makes supporting the club one-dimensional and, thus, less enjoyable/interesting. For a club that loses as much as we do, it would be torturous for us to focus on that, alone; I don't think anyone's overly obsessed with all the peripheral stuff, which, then, I would agree with you.. because that would, over time, be the message conveyed to management.

I remember when I made one of my six threads, ever, in my efforts to pass the time, as I was getting hyped for an upcoming match, I was told that "we're going into battle," as a response suggesting the thread was ill-timed or w/e. Sorry, but, when you're not privileged to live within the vicinity, for instance, you're going to find different ways to try and connect. Point being: you never know from what angle someone is supporting the club or why/what it means to them; to tell them "you're doing it wrong; do it my ONE way, only" is, for me, just not the thing.

[/rant]

Well its pro sports which is all about winning and something I invest tons of time so ya free WiFi is the last thing I care about, besides I got tons of data the one thing they could give me is a a few free beers a game to drown my sorrows

Fort York Redcoat
10-26-2014, 09:56 AM
How come? You wouldn't necessarily be forced but it would be priced in your package. LA gives 3 Bonus games per year. MLS Playoffs, CONCACAF and a Friendly. It's included in the price and the price is comparable to what we would pay for just the regular season.

Think about it. Dedicated parking with dedicated traffic cops close to the stadium. Easy in and easy out. The "Fast Lane" experience.

This is popping up all over from Disney to Airports. I'd consider that a value.

The parking experience sounds nice for you drivers. The "nexus" pass of parking.

The extra game thing is not a big deal but in principle. Another "added value" from a marketer that makes me personally regret paying for something i didn't ask for or want ala the old "ransom pack" tix with the Marlies.

TorontoGooner
10-26-2014, 10:51 AM
I'm not renewing. I'll still be going, but I'm not paying over the odds for shit football. I can get the exact same tickets as mine on StubHub for half the price, every game. Doesn't make me any less of a fan, I've been to four away games this year and watch the players trudge off without clapping the fans everytime.

Can't wait for my ticket rep to call me, he's going to need a few weeks vacation after I've ranted at him. We've been lied to over and over again, and we fired our manager with ten games to go (in third place!) and replaced him with a fucking youth team coach. Absolutely clueless.

Only way they could even get me to remotely consider is a full refund this year, or a substantial credit towards next year. Or General Admission.

Oh, and get rid of Vanney and replace him with Bob Bradley or a manager of similar ilk.

This team is fucking ridiculous. They treat us like shit and thrive off the fact that people will always renew. If you're on that bandwagon, you can't moan when nothing changes for the positive. Speak with your feet, lads

bigredone
10-26-2014, 12:49 PM
Dirk Kuyt

jiforio
10-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Ticket prices would have to remain the same, and hiring a knowledgable coach with a proven winning track record is a must. Vanney is NOT the man for the job, and anyone who thinks so, is living in a dream world. He couldn't even put together a game plan to defeat the Impact who don't even have one away victory all season, and gave Houston their third away victory of the year. Completely unacceptable in my books, and just proves his lack of vision, insight and leadership as a coach.

Fort York Redcoat
10-26-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm not renewing. I'll still be going, but I'm not paying over the odds for shit football. I can get the exact same tickets as mine on StubHub for half the price, every game. Doesn't make me any less of a fan, I've been to four away games this year and watch the players trudge off without clapping the fans everytime.

Can't wait for my ticket rep to call me, he's going to need a few weeks vacation after I've ranted at him. We've been lied to over and over again, and we fired our manager with ten games to go (in third place!) and replaced him with a fucking youth team coach. Absolutely clueless.

Only way they could even get me to remotely consider is a full refund this year, or a substantial credit towards next year. Or General Admission.

Oh, and get rid of Vanney and replace him with Bob Bradley or a manager of similar ilk.

This team is fucking ridiculous. They treat us like shit and thrive off the fact that people will always renew. If you're on that bandwagon, you can't moan when nothing changes for the positive. Speak with your feet, lads

To each his own mate. Glad you'll be around but as to moaning- Anybody can moan over anything and will...

boozilla
10-26-2014, 05:43 PM
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
- Albert Einstein

Fort York Redcoat
10-26-2014, 06:00 PM
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
- Albert Einstein

https://forums.oneplus.net/attachments/11319/

But is this repost a touch ironic? What would Alanis say?:)