PDA

View Full Version : Timbers fans given the OK to cheer for the Sounders...

Miko
10-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Pretty funny.

http://screamer.deadspin.com/timbers-give-fans-permission-to-support-the-sounders-f-1644742331/+barryap

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/gjpjeebedhjsi91isiyv.jpg

Globetrotter
10-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Good stuff, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

ManUtd4ever
10-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Well played by the Timbers' owner, LOL.

Derko
10-10-2014, 01:56 PM
And we get fucking MLSE, whoppdie fuckin' do

Supporting
10-10-2014, 03:42 PM
And we get fucking MLSE, whoppdie fuckin' do

y u hate mlse so much?

They're getting us a new stadium and they spent 100million for players this year. I'd rather have that than our owners telling us who we can cheer for...

ensco
10-10-2014, 07:14 PM
^Yeah no question.

This reflects horribly on the Timbers, and makes me grateful for MLSE.

Eastend
10-10-2014, 08:44 PM
It's funny. Anything to get into the playoffs.....hell, I'd cheer for Montreal and Columbus if them winning mean we make the playoffs.

Take it for the joke that it is.

Dom

JuliquE
10-10-2014, 08:45 PM
The more people cheering against Vancouver, the better for us. #VoyagersCup

Shakes McQueen
10-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Eh, I think it's a funny, humanizing gesture from the owner. It's not something that makes me envious of Timbers fans or whatever - it's just a funny, harmless thing. If MLSE did the same thing, it would probably be viewed differently, due to perception of them as an owner.

tl;dr - Whaaaaaaatever.

ag futbol
10-11-2014, 11:45 AM
y u hate mlse so much?

They're getting us a new stadium and they spent 100million for players this year. I'd rather have that than our owners telling us who we can cheer for...
Can we stop throwing around the dollar figures spent / to be spent over the life of a contract as if they are spent in one year? It completely muddies the waters. We committed about $10-15 million in up front transfer fees + salaries per year roughly totalling another $15M per year or so. Reading what was wrote I'd assume we just went out and spent manchester city money in the transfer market (we did not).

Back on topic... Yeah, we can all be grateful for them putting money towards the team, but I can understand the desire to have a fan / owner who is more of a steady presence than a faceless corporate bureaucracy that has managed multiple sports properties, very poorly.