PDA

View Full Version : Hell @ Work: The Day After Games

Stencils
07-23-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm so sick and tired of coming back to work after games, where I'm pretty much the only die-hard Toronto FC supporter and everyone knows it, and everyone comes into my office to laugh or make some kind of fucking bs comment.

Insult to injury. I'm all polite and try to have a laugh about it, but honestly just let me get on with my work day and gtfo.

Anyone else have to deal with this shit and starting to get reeeeally tired of it?

DVS
07-23-2008, 09:02 AM
The truth is I don't think I'll get much work done today

Ladies Love Julius James
07-23-2008, 09:06 AM
I called in sick. Apparently eating pizza off the floor makes your stomach sick.

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 09:06 AM
I've converted my co-workers.

Then again, I locked the doors to my office and had the France games on the TV during the Euro.

My co-workers know not to push me when I'm really disappointed.

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 09:08 AM
I called in sick. Apparently eating pizza off the floor makes your stomach sick.

that's better than floor burgers

8EPOVA9zniU

Kevvv
07-23-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm so sick and tired of coming back to work after games, where I'm pretty much the only die-hard Toronto FC supporter and everyone knows it, and everyone comes into my office to laugh or make some kind of fucking bs comment.

Insult to injury. I'm all polite and try to have a laugh about it, but honestly just let me get on with my work day and gtfo.

Anyone else have to deal with this shit and starting to get reeeeally tired of it?

Leaf fans.

joelakeshore
07-23-2008, 09:11 AM
This is much worse than coming in to work with a massive hangover

Blizzard
07-23-2008, 09:14 AM

Pavement pizza?

Ladies Love Julius James
07-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Pavement pizza?

Tiles...my slice dropped and you know I gotta follow the 5sec. rule...except I fumbled it a few times so it was more like 10secs.

Alarius
07-23-2008, 09:16 AM

was that you who dropped the pizza on the floor in front of the pizza pizza, and then picked it up...

RealG-TFC
07-23-2008, 09:16 AM
tell them to fuck off. In a lighter way.

Stencils
07-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Leaf fans.

With leaf fans, you've usually got other people to help defend yourself :P

At least if you live in and around Toronto.

It's like being a RPB waiting for the train and people who recognize the scarf point at you and whisper to their friends that you're one of those crazy guys.

I feel like a zoo exhibit :(

Ahhhhh well. I'm sure this stuff happens with any die hard supporter.

rocker
07-23-2008, 09:25 AM
i have a headache this morning. so in addition to being too nervous to work on anything yesterday, I now am too tired, aching, and pissed off to get any work done today.

McBrace
07-23-2008, 09:28 AM
With leaf fans, you've usually got other people to help defend yourself :P

At least if you live in and around Toronto.

It's like being a RPB waiting for the train and people who recognize the scarf point at you and whisper to their friends that you're one of those crazy guys.

I feel like a zoo exhibit :(

Ahhhhh well. I'm sure this stuff happens with any die hard supporter.

I feel your pain man, I get the same here!

I will be the guy who tells them to eat shit when they ask for ticket though! Funny that they weren't around at the start of the season when every thing was going well. Sort of! I did have a few ask for Beckham tickets, I just give them the polite not on your life, no Becks fans allowed in my seats!

Stencils
07-23-2008, 09:36 AM
I feel your pain man, I get the same here!

I will be the guy who tells them to eat shit when they ask for ticket though! Funny that they weren't around at the start of the season when every thing was going well. Sort of! I did have a few ask for Beckham tickets, I just give them the polite not on your life, no Becks fans allowed in my seats!

Yeah, no kidding. These are the same people who are the first to say "Hey, can you get me tickets to the next game? I want to take my kids."

Sorry. None available.

TFC Cityboy
07-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Luckily I work with 2 fellow STHs plus a few others get tickets here and there.
I'm known as the most hardcore in here tho' and my lack of voice and scowl are a dead giveaway on days like today.

McBrace
07-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah, no kidding. These are the same people who are the first to say "Hey, can you get me tickets to the next game? I want to take my kids."

Sorry. None available.

Bandwagon Jumpers need not apply. :D

Jay P
07-23-2008, 09:45 AM
YUP, only supporter here @ work

oh well....

13CP
07-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Worse when your the only supporter out of 1400 teens at school, all of which are jerks and have nothing better to do than just laugh. Can't wait to get out.

Phil
07-23-2008, 10:24 AM
I am getting it from every customer I see today, they all know about my passion for the team.

I am good with it though. My loayaties won't change and I am better for having seen that game. Still sucks though :P

Technorgasm
07-23-2008, 10:32 AM

My boss is an ex-footy player and Current Footy coach. . he understandswhen I am gutted from a loss, and gives me afternoons off for Big Champions League games.. .

BUT, there are a couple of know-nothing fuck wads who take plenty of digs when they know my team (s) did not do well. . Euro was Torture after Bufoon stopped that Romanian PK. . for example.

Then ther are the closeted jock-fags, who have taken one too many towel snaps to the head.. . .

This morning I got in here. . and I heard:

"What. . you gonna cry in your office now cuz you finaly realized the sport and team you care SO much about are total and complete shit?

I'll take you to see The BUFFALO BILLS. . and you can see what a REAL sport is"

Thye are lucky they are not wearing their asses as hats right now. . I swear, one more lil jab, and Im goin over the edge.

Kevvv
07-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Thye are lucky they are not wearing their asses as hats right now. . I swear, one more lil jab, and Im goin over the edge.

"OVER THE LINE"

Mark it zero!

KrazyKanadian
07-23-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm the only fan in my office, but I know two more fans in our other offices. The only difference here is that nobody even cares about football, much less bother to try and razz me about a TFC loss. The only way people here know there's a game is because I make a fuss about it during the day.

Jackalope
07-23-2008, 11:28 AM
I encounter outright hostility from NFL fans. It's like they are threatened by soccer. I say - shit on em!

Jay P
07-23-2008, 11:28 AM
techno, tell him that as as bills fan he should know what losing big games is all about.

(im a bills fan too, but its nothing to brag about)

AL-MO
07-23-2008, 11:35 AM
"What. . you gonna cry in your office now cuz you finaly realized the sport and team you care SO much about are total and complete shit?

I really don't understand this. Doesn't this team represent the City and carry the name Toronto wherever it goes? Its almost like we are fans of a team in a different City totally. I can understand you not being the fan we are, but whats the with questions: What happened to your team? WTF?!? ITS EVERYONE'S TEAM!!!

AL-MO
07-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Although I must say our District Coach is constantly asking me "whats going on Red Patch?" But thats just because he wants to see some decent players on the team, that can put the ball in the net.

UltraFootyKWC
07-23-2008, 11:46 AM
There's really only one other guy in my office who is a footy fanatic, and I brought him to the game last night, so he's feeling my pain today. Nobody else really knows anything about it here at my work, so I don't get the idiotic jabs that you guys do, thankfully. I would snap if I had to put up with that all day.

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-23-2008, 11:49 AM
My boss is an ex-footy player and Current Footy coach. . he understandswhen I am gutted from a loss, and gives me afternoons off for Big Champions League games.. .

BUT, there are a couple of know-nothing fuck wads who take plenty of digs when they know my team (s) did not do well. . Euro was Torture after Bufoon stopped that Romanian PK. . for example.

Then ther are the closeted jock-fags, who have taken one too many towel snaps to the head.. . .

This morning I got in here. . and I heard:

wow, pete, im surprised you already havent, having heard that complete dribble

Marc"2L"
07-23-2008, 01:50 PM
wow, pete, im surprised you already havent, having heard that complete dribble

For sure, lord knows I would have.

After we lost agaist Chivas at home last year, some friends of mine felt the need to text message me about it and rub it in. I asked the one guy how his HIV and STD tests went (got a bit drunk and had a scare). Knowing full well that on the way to the game, my other friends explained what happend and how much it was freaking him out.....

Hasn't said a word since...., and he's clean. thank god for that.

tfc_4_ever
07-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Worse when your the only supporter out of 1400 teens at school, all of which are jerks and have nothing better to do than just laugh. Can't wait to get out.

SO true same with me. Not only would they make fun of we loss but how I like football over pointy ball n hockey:mad:

AL-MO
07-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Oh yeah I work with only 3 other employees...and I work IN soccer...so I guess its not so bad...but I get some questions from friends almost questioning my sanity for supporting like we do.

Yeoman
07-23-2008, 02:03 PM
fuck I've got guys I work with that play on the National Army Team and they don't even know there's a team in Toronto!
I don't usually get razzed, they just want to know how drunk I got, and if I did something drastic like I usually do when I'm liqoured up

guelphguy1965
07-23-2008, 02:07 PM
I work night shift so week night games is kind of tough for me but thankfully I work with two guys who don't know much about soccer so they leave me alone.

Broadview
07-23-2008, 02:07 PM
B-oy
I
L-ove
L-osing
S-uperbowls.

It was funnier in 1992.

Cambridge_Red
07-23-2008, 02:09 PM
People love nascar and shit like that at my work I don't bother them with my passion, so it's not really an issue. Only a couple TFC supporters and we all feel the same shame.

Boris
07-23-2008, 02:09 PM
I luck out. Where i work....its a open concept office with my brother to one sie and our manager behind me. For those who know me know that we're all fans (one arsenal supporter, one liverpool, and one manchester united). Luckily there are enough people who get how gutted i get.

We also have a ton of supporters all around the office from different teams. Thats the reason why i still have a job after being here all day.

but theres always that jack ass who just comes up and laughs.....

RicoSuave44
07-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Next week I'll be starting my new job as bartender at The Football Factory. Lord help the douchebag that comes in there and starts slagging the beautiful game, and asks why we have World Cup reruns on TV instead of the Leafs game.

kodiakTFC
07-23-2008, 04:34 PM
You guys have no clue! I live in Montreal during the year and the amount of shit I get for being a Leaf fan is ridiculous. Oh by the way, my roommate in Montreal is in UM02 and is a huge Impact fan. Sooooo yeaaaah this is going to be a long year.

Marc"2L"
07-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Yeah but at least whenever you walk into a room there's a 50 50 chance we might just run the fuck away.

:P