PDA

View Full Version : Oct 14 Canada Call-up's from TFC

Wince
10-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Four Reds Called for National Duty

Canadian National Team to face Colombia in friendly on Oct 14 at Red Bull Arena.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2014/10/four-reds-called-national-duty

Henry, Bekker, Roberts and Aparacio. Can't see Vanney letting Henry go. Possibly Bekker as well.

mowe
10-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Don't mind letting Henry go. He isn't going to play ahead of Hagglund anyway. Might as well get some minutes against Colombia.

Stress
10-03-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm guessing Oso picks up a deliberate red card in NY so he can play against Colombia.

Ajax TFC
10-03-2014, 04:20 PM
I'm guessing Oso picks up a deliberate red card in NY so he can play against Colombia.
Intentionally getting yourself suspended in the middle of the playoff race is a good way to get yourself released. Oso isn't that stupid. I'm sure he would have been called up if he wanted to go and TFC was willing to let him go. The fact that he isn't called up says how important he is to this team right now

HeyToronto
10-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Intentionally getting yourself suspended in the middle of the playoff race is a good way to get yourself released. Oso isn't that stupid. I'm sure he would have been called up if he wanted to go and TFC was willing to let him go. The fact that he isn't called up says how important he is to this team right now

Well this is pretty young team they called. They called up a kid playing in college. What I find surprising is that none of the Uruguayan kids ever get called up by Floro; whether is Cavallini or the younger Osorio; Anthony I want to say.

I wonder if it's the travel, their agents, them or Floro that doesn't want them participating in these friendlies.

Greatest Ripoff
10-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Well this is pretty young team they called. They called up a kid playing in college. What I find surprising is that none of the Uruguayan kids ever get called up by Floro; whether is Cavallini or the younger Osorio; Anthony I want to say.

I wonder if it's the travel, their agents, them or Floro that doesn't want them participating in these friendlies.

That college kid is expected to go first overall in the draft this year. Also Anthony Osorio is no longer in Urguay. He plays for the TFC academy now. Cavallini's girlfriend is due to have a baby in the next few weeks.

OgtheDim
10-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Osorio is not getting called up for the same reason Bradley will not be called up.

TFC needs him.

HeyToronto
10-05-2014, 11:36 AM
That college kid is expected to go first overall in the draft this year. Also Anthony Osorio is no longer in Urguay. He plays for the TFC academy now. Cavallini's girlfriend is due to have a baby in the next few weeks.

First overall or not he's only being called for this game bcuz the squad is extremely experimental. I still see Anthony listed on Nacional's 3rd division team & not the academy along with Jerome Smith & Gianlucas Scorzafave, but I dont know them. I see a Nicholas Osorio in the academy.

Cavanilli's girl might be expecting but that doesn't explain every single other game Floro didn't call him up.

jloome
10-05-2014, 12:28 PM
First overall or not he's only being called for this game bcuz the squad is extremely experimental. I still see Anthony listed on Nacional's 3rd division team & not the academy along with Jerome Smith & Gianlucas Scorzafave, but I dont know them. I see a Nicholas Osorio in the academy.

Cavanilli's girl might be expecting but that doesn't explain every single other game Floro didn't call him up.

They preceded him actually scoring goals. He's only just gotten hot to start this season; we've had -- one? any? -- friendlies since then. If he wasn't showing, why call him up?

Fort York Redcoat
10-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Edited title for clarity.

Anybody who can make it down should check the V board or fb. People are trying to organize a section of away support and possible transport.

Yohan
10-06-2014, 09:37 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/10/06/usmnt-announce-roster-friendly-ecuador

Bradley not called up by US

PopePouri
10-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Looks like we'll have all our starters for the next couple of games. Good stuff.

No words can describe how important this week is.

bigredone
10-07-2014, 08:25 AM
No words? Two words, Canadian Championship. :hide: (crickets). :)

Greatest Ripoff
10-07-2014, 02:41 PM

Look at the league 1 Ontario site. Anthony Osorio is playing with TFCA. You can also look at the TFCA twitter feed or rocket robin match reports. He is 100% playing for them.

HeyToronto
10-07-2014, 04:40 PM
They preceded him actually scoring goals. He's only just gotten hot to start this season; we've had -- one? any? -- friendlies since then. If he wasn't showing, why call him up?

He's off to a great start this year, but he did score 10 goals last year which is more than I can say for Haber & Ricketts. Besides Lucas was already a part of the program at the u20/u23 and made senior squad appearances. Then Floro gets hired we play a bunch of friendlies without scoring a goal and no call ups for Lucas?

Maybe the CSA & Lucas have an agreement that he needs time to focus on his club career and will get called back into the squad for a Gold Cup or near WCQ.

I was just wondering if anyone else knows what the deal is, because from a footballing point of view he should have been called up at least a couple times by Floro.

anto7
10-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Bekker has declined the Canada call up to stay and help TFC

anto7
10-07-2014, 05:09 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/10/06/usmnt-announce-roster-friendly-ecuador

Bradley not called up by US

Bradley says he will make a decision this Sunday regarding the US game being played next week. Will be based on the results of our games tomorrow and Sat. That tells me he won't go with the US squad if we do well these next 2 games.

Richard
10-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Bekker has declined the Canada call up to stay and help TFC

Lol sure. You can help keep the bench warm on a cold day. :facepalm: Just go with Canada please.

anto7
10-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Lol sure. You can help keep the bench warm on a cold day. :facepalm: Just go with Canada please.

Im no big fan of his but I think that's a bit harsh on the kid. He had the chance to play against a very good Columbian team but chose to stay with his club team, I think that deserves some respect. I also think he did very well when he came on against Portland so he can contribute to the team.

HeyToronto
10-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Im no big fan of his but I think that's a bit harsh on the kid. He had the chance to play against a very good Columbian team but chose to stay with his club team, I think that deserves some respect. I also think he did very well when he came on against Portland so he can contribute to the team.

I don't understand the Bekker hate. I think he is useful and still has upside (albeit a limited upside), but glad he will be available for these games.