PDA

View Full Version : MLS player's salary Sept 2014

Yohan
09-29-2014, 04:32 PM
http://www.mlsplayers.org/salary_info.html

Richard
09-29-2014, 04:41 PM
Oh shit I totally forgot we still have Jeremy Hall lol.

Edit: Has only played 3 games for Wilmington too. Terrible player.

OgtheDim
09-29-2014, 04:50 PM
Is Hall on his last year?

Yohan
09-29-2014, 05:10 PM
Kaka with 6.6 mil base. even more expensive than Defoe or Bradley

mowe
09-29-2014, 05:45 PM
David Villa on 60k. Now that's a steal.

Ajax TFC
09-29-2014, 07:07 PM
David Villa on 60k. Now that's a steal.
I call it creative accounting

jloome
09-29-2014, 07:34 PM
I call it creative accounting

He was probably paid out by Man City, who then sold his rights to MLS for nothing. Instant way to beat the cap.

notthesun
09-29-2014, 07:48 PM
I'm pretty sure Villa's salary will just jump up into the multi-millions once NYCFC actually starts playing.

Kaz
09-29-2014, 08:24 PM
when was the last time Hall played?

Making $100,000 for training.. isn't bad... hopefully he has been looking for a transition

Ivy
09-29-2014, 08:49 PM
We're losing bloom in the expansion draft if he isn't protected.

BuSaPuNk
09-29-2014, 08:51 PM

Yep he's going back to Orlando for sure.

molenshtain
09-29-2014, 09:03 PM
He was probably paid out by Man City, who then sold his rights to MLS for nothing. Instant way to beat the cap.

He'd still be a DP and carry a DP's cap hit. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that he's in Melbourne right now so that throws off the way his salary is counted atm. That will not be his cap hit at the start of the 2015 season.

Yohan
09-29-2014, 09:07 PM
decent RB for min wage, but if I was Bloom, I'd be asking for a trade to Orlando to be with his family. min wage isn't worth it being away from your newborn kid

Ivy
09-30-2014, 01:31 AM
Best we could hope for is TFC trading him and getting something in return. Otherwise he's gone for nothing.

portu
09-30-2014, 05:54 AM
why are we assuming bloom is gone when bez said that he is getting a massive pay rise at the end of the season this summer

i believe kurt mentioned something a kin to bendik's wage bump

OgtheDim
09-30-2014, 06:11 AM
We are also assuming he isn't one of the kept 11.

mowe
09-30-2014, 09:05 AM
We are also assuming he isn't one of the kept 11.

Why would we assume that? Bloom has proven himself to be a starting caliber player. We're gonna protect our best 11, and we have no replacement for him at RB. Plus he only turns 27 this year.

1. Bradley
2. Defoe
3. Gilberto
4. Osorio
5. Bendik
6. Morrow
7. Caldwell
8. Hagglund
9. Henry
10. Lovitz
11. Bloom

That's assuming Henry is no longer automatically protected. Only regular who misses out is Oduro.

pdubs
09-30-2014, 09:28 AM
Why would we put Defoe on that list? I doubt any team would claim him? With his wage and age?

PopePouri
09-30-2014, 09:29 AM
I know he has a kid but unless he asks for a trade, he gets a pay raise and plays for us. If history is any indication, getting decent fullbacks in this league is hardly a given. I hope we keep Morrow and Bloom for a long time.

MartinUtd
09-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Same for Caldwell. I think we can leave him and his $360k salary unprotected.

mowe
09-30-2014, 09:43 AM
Why would we put Defoe on that list? I doubt any team would claim him? With his wage and age?

He most likely has a no trade clause that would force us to use a spot on him. If not, there's a small chance that another team would take him just to sell and and make pure profit.

I do think it's worth leaving Caldwell unprotected. But they might want to avoid the optics of leaving the captain out to dry.

Carts
09-30-2014, 09:43 AM

Its a gamble, but a good point...

Leave Defoe off so we can protect someone else. With his salary, age, injuries, and transfer rumors - maybe he's left alone...

Question - do you have to protect DP's? (There's so many rules in this league that I admittedly know nothing about & should know better).

Carts...

OgtheDim
09-30-2014, 09:56 AM

This is NYCFC and Orlando.

They would pick up any of our DP's and not wince at the wage.

Kayaker
09-30-2014, 10:34 AM
There's a great data visualization over at Stat Hunting showing overall salaries and the various DPs.

http://www.stathunting.com/2014/09/30/the-new-mls-salary-release-and-its-implications-for-looming-cba-negotiations/

Oldtimer
09-30-2014, 10:42 AM
Its a gamble, but a good point...

Leave Defoe off so we can protect someone else. With his salary, age, injuries, and transfer rumors - maybe he's left alone...

Question - do you have to protect DP's? (There's so many rules in this league that I admittedly know nothing about & should know better).

Carts...

You have to protect any DP that has a "no trade" clause. One that doesn't (think JDG back in the day) can be unprotected.

mcolvy
09-30-2014, 11:21 AM
I know he has a kid but unless he asks for a trade, he gets a pay raise and plays for us. If history is any indication, getting decent fullbacks in this league is hardly a given. I hope we keep Morrow and Bloom for a long time.

Give the guy a raise and have his wife run from her contract with the US military and settle here. Seriously though, like just as much as he is stuck here, she is stuck there.

And I dont get it. Isnt his wife in Atlanta? Hoe does going to Orlando help?

Yohan
09-30-2014, 11:24 AM
Give the guy a raise and have his wife run from her contract with the US military and settle here. Seriously though, like just as much as he is stuck here, she is stuck there.

And I dont get it. Isnt his wife in Atlanta? Hoe does going to Orlando help?
IIRC she is stationed in Florida

pdubs
09-30-2014, 12:00 PM
This is NYCFC and Orlando.

They would pick up any of our DP's and not wince at the wage.

taking defoe off our hands could be looked at as a favour. aha.

and yeah no idea on MLS rules and if you must protect DP's if something is in the contract ect. Agree with leaving Caldwell off too.

pdubs
09-30-2014, 12:03 PM
You have to protect any DP that has a "no trade" clause. One that doesn't (think JDG back in the day) can be unprotected.

ah makes sense.

OgtheDim
09-30-2014, 12:44 PM
taking defoe off our hands could be looked at as a favour. aha.

We would lose the transfer fee if he goes back to the EPL for January.

prizby
09-30-2014, 12:46 PM

cuz he wants out; if he was unprotected (assuming he doesn't have a no-trade clause like most DPs do), and I am Orlando or NYCFC, I'm taking him then selling him and enjoying the $$$ and allocation

Richard
09-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Designated players should be automatically protected. :noidea:

Ajax TFC
09-30-2014, 01:10 PM
Henry, Oso and the other HG players are exempt from the draft are they not?

mowe
09-30-2014, 01:27 PM
Henry, Oso and the other HG players are exempt from the draft are they not?

Oso isn't homegrown. I'm not sure if Henry still counts as homegrown after signing a new contract. But yeah, the other guys, Aparicio, Hamilton etc are exempt.

Yohan
09-30-2014, 01:44 PM
Oso is homegrown, but on his 2nd contract so should not be exempt. Same with Morgan and Henry. Rules are unclear on how long HG status lasts though

TFC07
09-30-2014, 02:23 PM

With increase salary cap, it wouldn't be hard to sign quality fullbacks.

I personally don't rate Bloom (his positioning is awful which cost us goals in the past), but I don't mind keeping him as long he doesn't cost much.

But since he got a family and isn't going to make a lot of money, it's better for him to ask for a trade.

I personally will leave all Canadian and International players unprotected because NYCFC and Orlando aren't going to waste their international slots on expansion draft. They will get their international players overseas.

pdubs
09-30-2014, 02:43 PM
cuz he wants out; if he was unprotected (assuming he doesn't have a no-trade clause like most DPs do), and I am Orlando or NYCFC, I'm taking him then selling him and enjoying the $$$ and allocation

and maybe we tell Garber we are selling him in January and cut us some slack. Garber waves his magic wand when he wants to maybe in this case as well.

brad
09-30-2014, 03:47 PM

That would hurt City though with regard to the Financial Fair Play though, as that would go against their books. That said, I wonder what would stop Sheik Mansour from doing exactly this as a third party owner?

OgtheDim
09-30-2014, 03:57 PM
As there is no cap compliance necessary for the NukFks right now, I suspect its more likely his salary is under Melbourne.

prizby
09-30-2014, 08:47 PM
That would hurt City though with regard to the Financial Fair Play though, as that would go against their books. That said, I wonder what would stop Sheik Mansour from doing exactly this as a third party owner?

melbourne paying it

brad
09-30-2014, 10:06 PM
melbourne paying it

How does that work - don't they have a cap?

Yohan
09-30-2014, 10:29 PM
How does that work - don't they have a cap?
A League has a 'guest player' which a player can play up to 10 games without counting towards the cap

MartinUtd
09-30-2014, 11:05 PM
A League has a 'guest player' which a player can play up to 10 games without counting towards the cap

Damn that's like something out of wrestling. I imagine Mansour with a cordless mic announcing Villa's addition to the squad right before a match.

Yohan
09-30-2014, 11:28 PM
Damn that's like something out of wrestling. I imagine Mansour with a cordless mic announcing Villa's addition to the squad right before a match.
lol. it's actually pretty close to what's happening right now. Villa apparently just joined Melbourne City squad and first game is this weekend.

on another note, Asian champion's league final at 530am. Western Sydney Wanderers vs FC Seoul. worth a watch if you can get up that early

Pookie
10-01-2014, 05:55 AM
With increase salary cap, it wouldn't be hard to sign quality fullbacks.

I personally don't rate Bloom (his positioning is awful which cost us goals in the past), but I don't mind keeping him as long he doesn't cost much.

But since he got a family and isn't going to make a lot of money, it's better for him to ask for a trade.

How would asking for a trade improve his financial situation?

His contract isn't with TFC, it is with the league. His jersey might change but his cheque would still come from the same payroll company.

molenshtain
10-01-2014, 06:14 AM
How would asking for a trade improve his financial situation?

His contract isn't with TFC, it is with the league. His jersey might change but his cheque would still come from the same payroll company.

he would not be paying income tax, and would also likely see a raise in some way.

brad
10-01-2014, 07:16 AM

Interesting. So in theory, could NYCFC use that loop hole annually to get a DP quality player for league minimum? Assuming the MLS doesn't shut it down.

Yohan
10-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Interesting. So in theory, could NYCFC use that loop hole annually to get a DP quality player for league minimum? Assuming the MLS doesn't shut it down.
no. if you read latest Garber statements, MLS FO approves all player transactions and all loan deals apparently has to have permanent transfer option attached. as well, A league guest players have to meet Australian FA approval, and FFA will quash any shenanigans

Defoe
10-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Why would we assume that? Bloom has proven himself to be a starting caliber player. We're gonna protect our best 11, and we have no replacement for him at RB. Plus he only turns 27 this year.

1. Bradley
2. Defoe
3. Gilberto
4. Osorio
5. Bendik
6. Morrow
7. Caldwell
8. Hagglund
9. Henry
10. Lovitz
11. Bloom

That's assuming Henry is no longer automatically protected. Only regular who misses out is Oduro.

Bloom isn't very good. The cap should raise at least 900 k - 1 million. You can replace Bloom and Osorio in the offseason.

ag futbol
10-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Bloom isn't very good. The cap should raise at least 900 k - 1 million. You can replace Bloom and Osorio in the offseason.
I don't know what it is with you and Osorio, but needless to say not many people share your opinion.

He's an asset to this club, full stop.

Ruffian
10-01-2014, 10:44 AM
I don't know what it is with you and Osorio, but needless to say not many people share your opinion.

He's an asset to this club, full stop.

Absolutely! Outside of the three DPs, Osorio is the most important player to keep.

TFC07
10-01-2014, 12:19 PM
he would not be paying income tax, and would also likely see a raise in some way.

Bingo.

Plus, Bloom doesn't have to pay taxes in two countries when doing his returns. So paying less tax means more money for him and his family is in Florida. Then you take away living expenses in Toronto (apartment to live during the season and high cost of living in Toronto compare to Florida) he can simply make more money without getting pay increase.

Carts
10-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Absolutely! Outside of the three DPs, Osorio is the most important player to keep.

People may disagree with you that he's the most important to keep after the 3 DP's, but he is definitely, Definitely, DEFINITELY on that protected list...

Not protecting Oso has never even entered my mind personally...

Carts...

PopePouri
10-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Love that kid.

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/513776571279507456/photo/1

Red I
10-01-2014, 01:32 PM

Toronto has a bad history of getting rid of good, affordable, young talent. Silva, Frei, Cronin, Amerikwa, Attakora, Agbossoumonde, Avila, Laba, Plata... While some don't fill immediate needs, I would argue that they all certainly would give the team a way more robust bench then it is at present, which would be an asset. Lets be honest, some of these guys were square pegs being shoved into round holes with the turnover, lack of direction, and no clear structure (salary-wise or football-wise) during some tumultuous years, and were merely released for salary cap reasons.

It looks like this team has a semblance of cap stability and it appears there will be changes to the cap structure of the league. Can't keep doing the same thing you've been doing expecting different results... let's break the cycle with Oso - he's on EVERY team's radar and is a can't miss prospect