PDA

View Full Version : Bradley CAN Take Free Kicks

sidney
09-29-2014, 08:43 AM
I previously (last month) stated/posted this:

"Bradley Can't Take Free Kicks: ...anyone but Bradley must take our free kicks. Gilberto, DeRo.......anyone but Bradley!....I Love Bradley & how he makes our team better, but if he's taking free-kicks he's making our teaam worse!..."

I STAND CORRECTED....& I'm very happy to have been proven wrong!

Phil
09-29-2014, 08:47 AM
I think this might be the funniest thread I have read in a while. Cheers for posting it up.

dupont
09-29-2014, 08:52 AM
I've always thought his free kicks that are set up plays are great.. very accurate. I prefer someone else taking direct free kicks as shots on goal though.

FRANKIE65
09-29-2014, 08:55 AM
Not only CAN he take free kicks, but, he has been "re-born" since Nelsen got canned. Fire, grit, determination...he has become the voice of the Reds!

sidney
09-29-2014, 08:58 AM
I've always thought his free kicks that are set up plays are great.. very accurate. I prefer someone else taking direct free kicks as shots on goal though.

Possibly Dupont. But even Bradley's Direct Free Kicks have been very, very good in the last 2 games!

Fort York Redcoat
09-29-2014, 09:16 AM
This is my favourite thread of the month. Not enough people feel like they can change their opinion without criticism. Sidney gets bigups from this guy.

lanarkist
09-29-2014, 09:24 AM
If I could justify playing him ever, I'd rather :hide: Bekker :hide: take direct free kicks, but since you can't have a pinch-free-kicker, lol, I'll stick with Bradley.

MartinUtd
09-29-2014, 09:26 AM
This isn't the way the internet works. You're supposed to dig your heels in, say he was lucky and maintain that Kyle Bekker should be the sole taker of free kicks.

lanarkist
09-29-2014, 09:38 AM
This isn't the way the internet works. You're supposed to dig your heels in, say he was lucky and maintain that Kyle Bekker should be the sole taker of free kicks.

Well I was going to suggest we sign Beckham as a substitute free-kick taker, but then I definitely thought the internet would explode.

BuSaPuNk
09-29-2014, 09:42 AM
Hahahah good on ya for this thread. Shows how opinions are fluid never soild.

Bradley has been jjust on a different level since Nelsen was let go. Not sure if Vanney has given him no free reign on moving up and down the pitch but it sure seems like it.

Glad to see the guys getting together mentally on the pitch. I'm not convinced we don't have a chance against LA. Were starting to look like a group that doesn't believe were ever out of it. That is dangerous.

Carts
09-29-2014, 10:13 AM
I previously (last month) stated/posted this:

"Bradley Can't Take Free Kicks: ...anyone but Bradley must take our free kicks. Gilberto, DeRo.......anyone but Bradley!....I Love Bradley & how he makes our team better, but if he's taking free-kicks he's making our teaam worse!..."

I STAND CORRECTED....& I'm very happy to have been proven wrong!

My foot was in my mouth as well... I was calling for Dero to sub-off Bradley at the start of the 2nd half LOL...

OOOOOOOPS!!!!!

notthesun
09-29-2014, 10:35 AM
He's not great at direct free kicks on goal but he has fantastic delivery when crossing the ball from set pieces. He should be taking all our corners and free kicks we don't attempt to score from directly.

OgtheDim
09-29-2014, 11:47 AM
He's not great at direct free kicks on goal but he has fantastic delivery when crossing the ball from set pieces. He should be taking all our corners and free kicks we don't attempt to score from directly.

I would put Lovitz up close to him. Both are better then Warner who was immensely better then Becker and Osorio were early in the season.

jloome
09-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Hahahah good on ya for this thread. Shows how opinions are fluid never soild.

Bradley has been jjust on a different level since Nelsen was let go. Not sure if Vanney has given him no free reign on moving up and down the pitch but it sure seems like it.

Glad to see the guys getting together mentally on the pitch. I'm not convinced we don't have a chance against LA. Were starting to look like a group that doesn't believe were ever out of it. That is dangerous.

He knows how to use him, which is sitting back and marshalling the midfield most of the time. He still came up a couple of times against Portland, but only when it was safe to do so and not leave us unprotected on the break.

Yohan
09-30-2014, 01:45 PM
He knows how to use him, which is sitting back and marshalling the midfield most of the time. He still came up a couple of times against Portland, but only when it was safe to do so and not leave us unprotected on the break.
one of things Vanney solved tactically. he speaks all the time about 'clarity' and it's clear exactly what 2 CMs are responsible for.