PDA

View Full Version : Matchday 30: Toronto at LA, Sat 04 Oct 1030pm

Pages : [1] 2

Yohan
09-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Going to be a tough game away in LA, where the Galaxy has been steamrolling pretty much every opposition. Odds of Alan Gordon scoring on TFC? lulz

LA is playing NYRB at 830 on TSN2. LA can do us a solid by crushing NYRB.

Yohan
09-28-2014, 07:56 PM
LA up 1-0. 8mins. Robbie Keane is just unplayable sometimes. Marvelous chip

Daveisonfire
09-28-2014, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the match tonight. Beautiful chip by Keane. Gals came out of the traps nicely - we'll have to match their early intensity.

notthesun
09-28-2014, 08:13 PM
A draw would be huge. A win would essentially be a miracle.

This will be a very tough game.

Daveisonfire
09-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Remember this classic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsLLjb36psk

Yohan
09-28-2014, 08:34 PM
Thierry Henry at 37 is still one of silkiest passer in MLS.

Yohan
09-28-2014, 08:41 PM
Remember this classic?

there's also this game. anyone wants to guess who the LA defender that blows tires twice during TFC goals? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_F1ChitR7I

Yohan
09-28-2014, 09:01 PM
2-0 LA.
between Keane, Donovan and Zardes, that trio is about most dangerous group of attackers in MLS in 2nd half IMO

Yohan
09-28-2014, 09:05 PM
we have a Richard Eckersley sighting...

flatpicker
09-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Yeah, definitely nervous about this one. That is one tough team to beat.

MKR
09-28-2014, 09:13 PM
Remember this classic?

great clip. thanks for posting.

Somtimes i can't believe how we literally threw away quality players. Plata, Alan Gordon, Soolsma. God the management of this team has been such a joke over its short history.

Another LA game i still (kinda) remember was i think in season 2 when we won with Dichio and Jarrod Smith scoring. I think Laruent Robert was on that team. And i remember Donovan missing a breakaway in the game too.

Daveisonfire
09-28-2014, 09:17 PM
Oh the Red Bulls are shiteee

mowe
09-28-2014, 09:25 PM
2-0 LA.
between Keane, Donovan and Zardes, that trio is about most dangerous group of attackers in MLS in 2nd half IMO

Right on cue Zardes scores too.

We can afford to lose a game and still get the 4th seed. Even a point here would be massive.

SKB
09-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Great result for TFC in L.A. tonight. NYRB are being crushed, loosing 4-0. So We are only one point behind them now with a game in hand.

Detroit_TFC
09-28-2014, 09:50 PM
Getting any points in LA will be a big task. That's ok. The aim should be to keep the game from getting out of hand, a la RBNY. The remaining games for TFC are where the points are.

Oldtimer
09-28-2014, 09:58 PM
I don't think you defend against LA. The only way to get points is to attack and score as many or more goals than they do.

mowe
09-28-2014, 10:14 PM
LA have a league leading +32 goal differential. The next highest team has +12.

Defoe
09-28-2014, 11:07 PM
LA have a league leading +32 goal differential. The next highest team has +12.

Marvelous game, the keane and Zardes goals in parctular were astonishing. The energy drinks looked very tired. Hopefully we can sneak out a draw against LA, but like others have said - a win would really be surprising. A tie has us level with NY with a game in hand... that should be the goal IMO. If Defoe is back it's doable... we did beat Seattle

habstfc
09-29-2014, 01:48 AM
LA were on their heels for most of the first half after taking the lead. A point on the road against them would be tough but not impossible.

Ivy
09-29-2014, 02:38 AM
LA is very beatable. I said a few days ago that they could potentially be one of the "easier" games coming up, if it's approached right, and I stand by that.
TFC is in pretty good form, and with the potential return of defoe, this should be a good game.

Brooker
09-29-2014, 05:01 AM
We're clearly going to have to cheat. Bobby Heenan for assistant manager.

Initial B
09-29-2014, 07:16 AM
No way TFC ties or wins this game. They're about equal in the midfield, but LA has superior strikers and better defenders. Defoe and Gilberto don't mesh together particularly well so it will be Moore plus one DP. I'd say 3-1 for LA. I sure hope TFC can prove me wrong, but I doubt it. As nice as the Portland win was, I'll chalk it up to a one-off fluke.

Areathrasher
09-29-2014, 08:03 AM
Pity the Eastern Conference pretenders who show up at the StubHub Center this season:
LA Galaxy 4-1 Philadelphia Union

LA Galaxy 5-1 New England Revolution
LA Galaxy 4-1 DC United
And on Sunday night:

LA Galaxy 4-0 New York Red Bulls

Ooooh boy...

Detroit_TFC
09-29-2014, 08:06 AM
^ I agree but also agree the best way to manage that situation is not to fruitlessly try to bunker because it's not going to work. Might as well take the pressure off the boys, let them try to press for goals. Fortunately if there is one team that Vanney knows how they tick, it's LAG. It will be interesting to see what approach he uses.

dupont
09-29-2014, 08:50 AM
I don't see any points from this game. LA is the far superior team and they will only lose if they fuck up. TFC isn't going to win this on skill. It's MLS so you never know though...

lanarkist
09-29-2014, 09:08 AM
I'd feel more confident in pulling out at least a point if LA hadn't played their way right back into contention for the Shield. If the game was more meaningless to them after already clinching a playoff birth than that would be one thing, but as they way it stands all I can hope for is that we can nick a draw to pull even with NY with that game in hand, only to pull ahead of them following the Houston match.

PopePouri
09-29-2014, 09:09 AM
LA at home against the east.

LA Galaxy 4-1 Philadelphia Union
LA Galaxy 5-1 New England Revolution
LA Galaxy 4-1 DC United
LA Galaxy 4-0 New York Red Bulls

Lennon
09-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Any chance Defoe starts to give us a chance ?

hulkrogan
09-29-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm making the trip down for this one. I can't wait.

Whitbyreds
09-29-2014, 11:07 AM
Also going down! Any suggestions for pre-game? For those going down where are you sitting? We are in section 129.

ag futbol
09-29-2014, 12:18 PM
Need Defoe to keep them honest.

Otherwise it's a tough game and they kill teams on the back post. Our back post defending has not been great IMO, especially from Bloom.

If we escape with a point it's a huge accomplishment

TearsForCheers
09-29-2014, 12:30 PM
there's also this game. anyone wants to guess who the LA defender that blows tires twice during TFC goals? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_F1ChitR7I

that second one in 2009 I specifically remember for the end (the last shot in this clip) - acknowledging that i always felt that Edwards was a bit of a goofball, he runs over to congratulate Cunningham for his winning goal, and Cunny just reacts with such contempt, it was clear for me at that moment the team was not a cohesive unit and not going anywhere.

trane
09-29-2014, 12:38 PM
Why do we talk about these MLS teams as if they are Man City of Atletico Madrid. They are all beatable. We need this game and we have to win or at least get points out of it. Ladycakes, is not unstoppable and neither is Keane.

We need this game more then LA does and we need to play like it.

Brooker
09-29-2014, 12:42 PM
Why do we talk about these MLS teams as if they are Man City of Atletico Madrid. They are all beatable. We need this game and we have to win or at least get points out of it. Ladycakes, is not unstoppable and neither is Keane.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-VjQaZeq7W6Q/UlwgsAEa7GI/AAAAAAAAZBI/o-UTCJCWru0/w506-h281/dbVZQ.gif

RealG-TFC
09-29-2014, 12:53 PM

This. Having watched the game last night up to the second LA goal, I was able to tell that they are beatable. They were explosive from the whistle but after they scored their first goal, they backed off. New York was actually pressuring them quite a bit, and if BWP had been more clinical he could have had two goals before the break. I can totally see Bradley playing through balls to Gilberto and Oduro all night.

Joe Kool
09-29-2014, 12:56 PM

Yeah I agree. No impossible games in this league. Not sure why so many like to call the game before anyone has laced up their boots yet... Screw 'em...I expect TFC to contend strongly for the 3 points. I also can't stand the "I will be happy with a point" talk that alot of people in the stands had last game and on this board some were saying the same thing. TFC upgraded their team so I upgraded my expectations and will not be happy with a point. I will only be happy with three. So should everyone else...we are on the bubble people!

TearsForCheers
09-29-2014, 01:06 PM

I agree. I was thinking this the other day watching New England beat KC in KC. Everyone raves about how awesome KC is, how they play a great system, and i'm sure as good as NE have been this year most people would have said similar things about KC as has been said iabout LA here... And yet KC lost. And if you look at their results this year, if we had just taken one of those games against KC (let's say the 2-1 one because I'd rather forget the other), then we would have the same stats as KC. There are no foregone conclusions in this league, and I would show the 2 games against LA from previous years mentioned earlier as evidence - there is no way we should have won those games going in, and yet we did.

ManUtd4ever
09-29-2014, 01:18 PM
There's no rational basis to assume that we'll get a result, but over the years, we have always played very well against LA for whatever reason, even with some very poor clubs.

I'm calling a draw.

ensco
09-29-2014, 01:36 PM
We know we need road points. I like this game, more than I like the NY or NE games, in terms of getting a result.

LA are only playing for Supporters Shield, and even then, this game may not matter (that'll probably come down to their Oct 19 game v Seattle).

They will have seen what happened to Will Johnson, and may well not play their key guys for the full 90.

Phil
09-29-2014, 01:50 PM
We know we need road points. I like this game, more than I like the NY or NE games, in terms of getting a result.

LA are only playing for Supporters Shield, and even then, this game may not matter (that'll probably come down to their Oct 19 game v Seattle).

They will have seen what happened to Will Johnson, and may well not play their key guys for the full 90.

They play Seattle on the road to close out the seaon on Oct 25 too. It really makes for a crazy home and away for them.

Yohan
09-29-2014, 02:05 PM
This. Having watched the game last night up to the second LA goal, I was able to tell that they are beatable. They were explosive from the whistle but after they scored their first goal, they backed off. New York was actually pressuring them quite a bit, and if BWP had been more clinical he could have had two goals before the break. I can totally see Bradley playing through balls to Gilberto and Oduro all night.
I'd be more confident if TFC defence is still a bit of shambles lately. Arena is not stupid. Bradley won't get the time on the ball. LA packs the midfield with 2 defensive minded CMs. it will also be harder to score on LA from set pieces.

LA hasn't lost in 9, and their last loss at home (friendly loss vs Man U aside) was 1st game of the year in Mar vs RSL. Basically, they've been unbeaten at home all season.

On other hand, if TFC pulls 3 points out of this, we're in playoffs.

hulkrogan
09-29-2014, 02:37 PM
I'll be in 230. Hopefully I'll run into some of you guys in the concourse for some hammered high fives.

TFC07
09-29-2014, 02:40 PM

Exactly! I am not saying LA is bad team, but this TFC team with Defoe can pick up a point at least if they play their game and don't turnover the ball in their own end (like Portland game).

LAG is beatable team if you play smart and keep your shape defensively. We got firepower to score goals (Defoe is back!) and midfield to control the game. It's our defenders that is an issue, but they're not that bad though. They just need to play smarter and work on their positioning (especially Bloom).

OgtheDim
09-29-2014, 03:09 PM
I think Caldwell and Hagglund can handle their forward runs, if somebody supports them in the hole. Keane on Caldwell will be kinda fun to watch.

The issue is for me defence wise is Donovan is coming down at Bloom who has Oduro coming back to support him. I like Bloom one on one with Donovan - but his positioning and awareness on crosses coming in from the left from counter attacks is poor.

That having been said, I like Oduro against Rogers on their left.

PopePouri
09-29-2014, 03:17 PM
If there any match where we need to 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, this is it. LA do most of their damage and operate mostly in this area called zone 14.

http://leopoldmethod.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/zone-14.jpg

...so having a designated holder might be a good idea.

If San Jose has shown anything when they played at Stubhub, once the ball goes to the flanks, they aren't as threatening (unless they play Gordon).

ensco
09-29-2014, 04:22 PM
This is utter poppycock. I am shocked, shocked that we can talk about this fixture, and post highlights from several different games, without reference to this one, the gretaest TFC victory ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnCtMWfCXGc

JuliquE
09-29-2014, 05:05 PM
There's no rational basis to assume that we'll get a result, but over the years, we have always played very well against LA for whatever reason, even with some very poor clubs.
Came here to say just that, before reading your post.

notthesun
09-29-2014, 05:38 PM
This is utter poppycock. I am shocked, shocked that we can talk about this fixture, and post highlights from several different games, without reference to this one, the gretaest TFC victory ever.

I still can't believe Keane didn't drill that 74th minute chance into the bottom corner.

Kaz
09-29-2014, 07:01 PM
.... We will see what happens. I think it can be done. Will it be done totally different question.

We have lots of luck in LA.. We it will all depend on the 22 players on the pitch, the prep and the skill of the coaches.

jloome
09-29-2014, 07:29 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnCtMWfCXGc

My favorite TFC finish ever. That, and Alan Gordon (back with the Galaxy!) scoring the tying goal in a 2-2 draw with a half-volley across the box in L.A.

jloome
09-29-2014, 07:32 PM
If there any match where we need to 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, this is it. LA do most of their damage and operate mostly in this area called zone 14.

http://leopoldmethod.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/zone-14.jpg

...so having a designated holder might be a good idea.

If San Jose has shown anything when they played at Stubhub, once the ball goes to the flanks, they aren't as threatening (unless they play Gordon).

The flanks are key to their game. They stretch the field and always have a speedy flank outlet, usually through either Donovan or Zardes. Robbie Rogers overlaps and creates chances as well.

They've got a stay-at-home defender in Gargan on the other side who can be beat, and we have a height advantage against AJ Delagarza, so you play to his side in the air, Omar's side on the ground, and outlet through Gargan's side.

The key with LA is playing them hard physically, going in whenever there's a shot at a tackle, throwing them off their short passing and movement.

Dub Narcotic
09-29-2014, 10:27 PM
Vanney should think about strategic rest here if anyone is tired or caring a slight knock. Start with Hagglund, Henry, Weideman, Dike, etc... American soccer analysis gives about a ten percent chance for three points here, it's not worth losing any players for the six pointers coming up.

ensco
09-29-2014, 10:31 PM
Vanney should think about strategic rest here if anyone is tired or caring a slight knock. Start with Hagglund, Henry, Weideman, Dike, etc... American soccer analysis gives about a ten percent chance for three points here, it's not worth losing any players for the six pointers coming up.

Bad way to play the odds. None of these road games will be easy. I'd rather go for the points here, and if it works, the NY and NE games are not must wins.

Red CB Toronto
09-29-2014, 10:58 PM
Bad way to play the odds. None of these road games will be easy. I'd rather go for the points here, and if it works, the NY and NE games are not must wins.

I agree, have to go all out, pull no punches, the playoff race in the east could really turn into a good old fashioned street fight.

Joe Kool
09-29-2014, 11:07 PM
LA supporters are already talking about adding the 3 points for Saturday and who they will be playing after TFC calling Toronto a "weak" team. The only debate they have is how many goals they will beat us by and if it will be another blowout like against New York. Always awesome to play the spoiler to pumped up egos if we can....plus we need the points....let's go Reds!!!!

Ajax TFC
09-29-2014, 11:48 PM
I don't think there's a team I enjoy beating more than LA. Sure the Columbus fans are intolerable, but LA fans are incredibly arrogant. I remember reading their boards before the CCL games against them. They were going to destroy us at the skydome. Then they were going to destroy us at home. Then it was all excuses about how it was all a fluke. I would love nothing more than to feed them a little humble pie again

JuliquE
09-30-2014, 03:37 AM
I don't think there's a team I enjoy beating more than LA. Sure the Columbus fans are intolerable, but LA fans are incredibly arrogant. I remember reading their boards before the CCL games against them. They were going to destroy us at the skydome. Then they were going to destroy us at home. Then it was all excuses about how it was all a fluke. I would love nothing more than to feed them a little humble pie again
Amen.

You'd think that it would be a good game to bring Defoe back, as he'll be motivated to show his quality against the league's best.

Oldtimer
09-30-2014, 05:56 AM
Bad way to play the odds. None onf these road games will be easy. I'd rather go for the points here, and if it works, the NY and NE games are not must wins.

Absolutely. NY tried to sit back and counter and it cost them big time. You don't win against LA by defending, instead you win by posession and aggressive attack.

LA are scary if you yield them possession. If you want a perfect example just look at the 16 pass sequence that led to their fourth goal. No way Nelsen would have won against them but Vanney has a chance, albeit a small one.

flatpicker
09-30-2014, 06:47 AM
LA were scary good in that NY match. Toronto will have to be at the top of their game, or hope for a bit of luck. If our offence is working then this game could wind up with a 4-3 type score line.

Fort York Redcoat
09-30-2014, 07:34 AM
Absolutely. NY tried to sit back and counter and it cost them big time. You don't win against LA by defending, instead you win by posession and aggressive attack.

LA are scary if you yield them possession. If you want a perfect example just look at the 16 pass sequence that led to their fourth goal. No way Nelsen would have won against them but Vanney has a chance, albeit a small one.

LA were scary good in that NY match. Toronto will have to be at the top of their game, or hope for a bit of luck. If our offence is working then this game could wind up with a 4-3 type score line.

I'd agree with the scary good but add that Wright Phillips should've netted at least 2. Hell of a day to be off.

Initial B
09-30-2014, 08:13 AM
Perhaps I'm too defeatest in my outlook. If Columbus can beat them, then we should be able to beat them as well.

barticusz
09-30-2014, 11:40 AM
Looking forward to this match. It's a game we should have no business winning, but this is MLS. Anything can happen. If Defoe is back we have the ability to make quick counters count. I think the boys will go all out to prove that they are a good team. That win against Portland really gave us some breathing room so it allows us to lose this one and not have it be too much of a consequence. However, a win here and man does that change the outlook for this team.

Detroit_TFC
09-30-2014, 12:46 PM
The fact that LA has Seattle home and away for their last two games may influence the kind of squad Arena fields. Not saying he'll put the academy out against us but he absolutely cannot afford injuries to key players right now, either. LA has the capacity to smother TFC like they did to RBNY but it may be risky to do so.

Kaz
09-30-2014, 02:59 PM
Here is the down side.

The first 45 minutes we did not play great last weekend

LA will not let us back into a game if we are down 2-0 in the first 10 minutes of play.

This game will be won or lost in our defence. The boys need to shut them down, and be aware at all times.

Do the boys believe they can win this if they stay focused.. if Vanney plays for a Tie we may loose, if they play for a win but are willing to setting for a tie we might get it a point if the defence is up to the task. If they going in there thinking they will likely loose... they will.

We also have to be careful with a Game on Wednesday and next Saturday as well. It's not like Montreal is in there we have LA, Houston, and NYRB all in 7 days.

Yohan
09-30-2014, 04:40 PM
just noticed this game is on TSN4. not even good enough to be on TSN 2 lol

SamK
09-30-2014, 04:44 PM
Tsn 4 is really still tsn 1

barticusz
09-30-2014, 05:30 PM

TSN4 Means national broadcast .. TSN2 means you need a specific sports package to watch.

Therefore TSN4 > TSN2.

And to summarize TSN12345 = horrible. (sportscentre on repeat followed by regionally locked sports coverage)

aajking
09-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Vanney "anticipates" Defoe will play.

http://youtu.be/imtfszoiwG8

Yohan
09-30-2014, 06:44 PM
getting points in this game becomes more important once you consider international call ups next week. Bradley can potentially miss game vs Houston and NYRB if he goes with USMNT. (and Klinsmann doesn't care about TFC) Canada is having a camp prior to match vs Colombia on 14th, reportely in Cancun

Richard
09-30-2014, 06:48 PM
Bradley can decline as they are only friendlies. I cant see him going if we are still in the race.

Shakes McQueen
09-30-2014, 07:11 PM
I'd be shocked if Bradley skipped on our game to go play a friendly. Maybe if our position was less tenuous, but as it stands? No way.

Yohan
09-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Bradley skipped a league game to play for a friendly on non FIFA date. He will be under pressure from Klinsmann and USSF to show up for friendly if he got called up

mowe
09-30-2014, 07:34 PM
Bradley skipped a league game to play for a friendly on non FIFA date. He will be under pressure from Klinsmann and USSF to show up for friendly if he got called up

I doubt any MLS players in playoff races get called in. There were rumours of an NASL player getting called in. Bradley's not going anywhere.

tfcleeds
09-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Normally, I wouldn't hold out too much hope for this match - but we have done quite well at StubHub (against the Galaxy) over the years. So who knows?

anto7
09-30-2014, 07:50 PM
I doubt any MLS players in playoff races get called in. There were rumours of an NASL player getting called in. Bradley's not going anywhere.
Garcia and Garrido have been called up for Honduras for the game against Mexico on Oct 10th. Good for us since I assume that means they miss the game on the 8th

FRANKIE65
10-01-2014, 09:09 AM
I'd be shocked if Bradley skipped on our game to go play a friendly. Maybe if our position was less tenuous, but as it stands? No way.

Agree totally. Plus, by his comments since Nelsen left, he is all in for TFC now. I would be shocked...make that SHOCKED if he missed any of the remaining games to play in a USA friendly!!!

Ultra & Proud
10-01-2014, 11:01 AM
On the bright side it looks like Toledo is the ref this Saturday.

That's either :smile5: or :rolleyes5: but I am mostly :confused: and am expecting :hulk:

jloome
10-01-2014, 12:27 PM

That's either :smile5: or :rolleyes5: but I am mostly :confused: and am expecting :hulk:

I once wrote a headline "Baldomero is Unfair-O".

They need a cringe emote.

Expect an early card for someone.

TFC07
10-01-2014, 12:30 PM

So except to see either red card or penalty kick in this game. Hopefully this time around, we benefit from ref's calls.

Carts
10-01-2014, 01:08 PM
So except to see either red card or penalty kick in this game. Hopefully this time around, we benefit from ref's calls.

Maybe the Commish coming out and agreeing/supporting our claims over the Chicago will be in the back of Toledo's mind...

Hey, I'll take a bullshit PK call & goal for a 1-nil win... :thumbsup:

Carts
10-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Here's a blast from the past... Circa March 2012...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/420700_10150668875114269_1073380359_n.jpg?oh=dc069 65150bc1f8c2d6d118c8ee26fb4&oe=54B3B60C&__gda__=1421673731_577468cc02b750b9251398616cca6e4 5

notthesun
10-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Given the ref I say keep Jackson on the bench to start this one.

Graeme
10-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Given the ref I say keep Jackson on the bench to start this one.

Haha! Even better, he is still suspended (I think).

notthesun
10-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Ahh, you're correct, I forgot he got an additional game suspension. Well, that works out then.

Oldtimer
10-01-2014, 01:50 PM

http://u.goal.com/128100/128130hp2.jpg http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Baldomero+Toledo+MLS+Playoffs+Seattle+Sounders+xqG re5c3YDtl.jpg

Toledo is usually the star of any match that he is in. He is typically waiting to pull out his cards with dramatic flair. Occasionally he has a quiet match, though. Like others have said, good thing Jackson isn't playing. We don't need a garbage PK against us.

RealG-TFC
10-01-2014, 04:59 PM
I'd definitely try playing for fouls for this one.

Ivy
10-01-2014, 07:29 PM
So who's gonna be the first to eat their hat for saying defoe won't wear the TFC jersey again?

OgtheDim
10-01-2014, 07:39 PM
I'm thinking this is the game where Bradley gets his 5th yellow and misses Houston.

LFC8
10-01-2014, 11:44 PM
Not feeling good about Toledo refereeing this match? Allow me to cheer you up:)

1) Toledo is a Mexican from California (who loves to hand out red cards).
2) Which means he's probably a Chivas USA fan.
3) Chivas USA's biggest rival is the L.A. Galaxy.
4) Who is TFC playing? The L.A. Galaxy.
5) Therefore Toledo loves handing out red cards to the L.A. Galaxy.

molenshtain
10-02-2014, 12:14 AM
Not feeling good about Toledo refereeing this match? Allow me to cheer you up:)

1) Toledo is a Mexican from California (who loves to hand out red cards).
2) Which means he's probably a Chivas USA fan.
3) Chivas USA's biggest rival is the L.A. Galaxy.
4) Who is TFC playing? The L.A. Galaxy.
5) Therefore Toledo loves handing out red cards to the L.A. Galaxy.

there are no Chivas USA fans. none. full-stop. I'm pretty sure you're reasonably vetted for racial or geographical biases before you get allowed to ref games too.

Red CB Toronto
10-02-2014, 12:14 AM

Honduras called in five MLS players for their two friendlies including two from Houston, Garrido and Garcia. MLS teams could really be hit hard especially if JK goes ahead and calls in his best for the US. TFC is pretty lucky Canada did not schedule a game on the 10th.

molenshtain
10-02-2014, 12:17 AM
Honduras called in five MLS players for their two friendlies including two from Houston, Garrido and Garcia. MLS teams could really be hit hard especially if JK goes ahead and calls in his best for the US. TFC is pretty lucky Canada did not schedule a game on the 10th.

Speculation is that yet again Klinsman is going with a very experimental squad, very few staples of Major tournament teams will be called up. He's basically trying everyone out in the run up to the Gold Cup.

Ivy
10-02-2014, 12:19 AM
1) Toledo rhymes with Milito.
2) Milito played for Inter Milan
3) Inter's rivals are AC Milan
4) Beckham played at AC on loan from Galaxy
therefore Toledo hates Galaxy.

Red CB Toronto
10-02-2014, 01:19 AM
Speculation is that yet again Klinsman is going with a very experimental squad, very few staples of Major tournament teams will be called up. He's basically trying everyone out in the run up to the Gold Cup.

He is planning on bringing in his best roster, plus I figure for the Ecuador game, which is Landon's last game, a bunch of the crew will want to join him.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/66/united-states/2014/09/11/5098452/klinsmann-wants-strongest-squad-possible-for-usas-october

ensco
10-02-2014, 05:47 AM
No way Bradley is going anywhere next week. We don't need to discuss. He is Mr USMNT, but he isn't that guy.

Alonso
10-02-2014, 07:34 AM
So who's gonna be the first to eat their hat for saying defoe won't wear the TFC jersey again?

That would be me. g:D

I hope I'm wrong, but I think he won't be back next season, and I'll gladly eat my hat on that one too.

Players like him don't come to TFC very often, he can help this team win shit.

WestStandGeoff
10-02-2014, 07:45 AM
there are no Chivas USA fans. none. full-stop. I'm pretty sure you're reasonably vetted for racial or geographical biases before you get allowed to ref games too.

Not according to Bradley's rant after the Chicago game...

Kaz
10-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Do you really think any of the USMNT guys the play for teams on a run for the playoffs are going to skip the MLS games? do you think Klinnsman would really do that?

If MB gets a call he could miss 2 games, I don't see Bradley doing that if he has a choice. If he did, after the Rants.. how would TFC fans react if we miss the plays offs because of bad passes by Bekker or Warner?

kwhisperer
10-02-2014, 10:00 AM
Do you really think any of the USMNT guys the play for teams on a run for the playoffs are going to skip the MLS games? do you think Klinnsman would really do that?

If MB gets a call he could miss 2 games, I don't see Bradley doing that if he has a choice. If he did, after the Rants.. how would TFC fans react if we miss the plays offs because of bad passes by Bekker or Warner?

For the money TFC pays Bradley, we should be able to count on him NOT waltzing off for friendlies when our team is in the thick of a playoff hunt. I'm sure he's going nowhere, though.

Hamilton_Red
10-03-2014, 12:08 AM
I'm optimistic that Defoe will get a couple of goals in this game. He'll be wlll be well motivated to do well...it's the way he can avoid getting a frosty reception when he comes back to BMO.

Steve

Marc"2L"
10-03-2014, 12:35 AM
1) Toledo rhymes with Milito.
2) Milito played for Inter Milan
3) Inter's rivals are AC Milan
4) Beckham played at AC on loan from Galaxy
therefore Toledo hates Galaxy.

Peer reviewed, looks good.

ensco
10-03-2014, 06:37 AM
He is planning on bringing in his best roster, plus I figure for the Ecuador game, which is Landon's last game, a bunch of the crew will want to join him.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/66/united-states/2014/09/11/5098452/klinsmann-wants-strongest-squad-possible-for-usas-october

Klinsmann has to say this. They are charging real money for tickets to see this game, and it's a big stadium.

http://www.ussoccer.com/tickets/141010-us-men-vs-ecuador

MightyDM
10-03-2014, 07:12 AM
One of the keys to this game will be the space in front of the back four. For whatever reason, Warner (who I thought performed well without Bradley) doesn't seem to work well with MB. Oso and Bekker both do, but can leave us vulnerable defensively. The one guy who had a stormer of a game in a very defensive midfield position was Bradley Orr. He's fallen out of favour since his injury, but should be considered. Might complement MB well.

Fort York Redcoat
10-03-2014, 08:25 AM
This is yet another game that has the entire season riding on it.

I'll be down at Joe's for this one.

Graeme
10-03-2014, 08:31 AM

I read this and all I could see was Caldwell's stance on the own goal from last game. I think the Portland player was actually aiming for one of his very outstretched arms. Why does he keep DOING that!??

Red CB Toronto
10-03-2014, 08:35 AM
Klinsmann has to say this. They are charging real money for tickets to see this game, and it's a big stadium.

http://www.ussoccer.com/tickets/141010-us-men-vs-ecuador

Jurgen always says that because thats what he wants, tMLS teams has no say in who he brings, example the General traveled to Phoenix for the Mexico friendly in April even though it was not even a FIFA date. Ryan Nelson was not all that pleased about it but had to take cue from the league, who released him for it. JK's statements are never about selling tickets.

Derko
10-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Jurgen always says that because thats what he wants, tMLS teams has no say in who he brings, example the General traveled to Phoenix for the Mexico friendly in April even though it was not even a FIFA date. Ryan Nelson was not all that pleased about it but had to take cue from the league, who released him for it. JK's statements are never about selling tickets.

Yes but Jurgen Klinnsman is a bit of an asshole, did fuck all for advising TFC, even though our management team were a bunch of assholes as well.
I always said that a coach like Bruce Arena or Sigi Schmidt (an American Coach) would have gotten so much more out of the USA National Team, in my opinion.

JuliquE
10-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Seems glaringly obvious that what you've described is FAR from an apples to apples comparison; we were doing relatively well in the standings, then, and weren't in a down-to-the-wire grind for the playoffs. Factor in that it was quite literally a tune-up game, in the build up to the WC, and it's clear that this upcoming friendly pales in comparison.

Red CB Toronto
10-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Seems glaringly obvious that what you've described is FAR from an apples to apples comparison; we were doing relatively well in the standings, then, and weren't in a down-to-the-wire grind for the playoffs. Factor in that it was quite literally a tune-up game, in the build up to the WC, and it's clear that this upcoming friendly pales in comparison.

Yeh, but ultimately it is JK's choice to call The General in or not, so we will have to wait and see how it shakes out.

Carts
10-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Yeh, but ultimately it is JK's choice to call The General in or not, so we will have to wait and see how it shakes out.

JK can f*ck off...

Honestly, if Bradley bails for a friendly, it'll say a lot... It's a friendly...

I know we say players / clubs have "no say" but that's BS too - all you need is the team doctor to say he's "nursing a knock & we want him off his feet for 4-5 days" and boom, they're out of the friendly... A fringe player won't do that, but a staple can...

Play the match that means something - leave the friendly to the neighbors...

ManUtd4ever
10-03-2014, 10:46 AM
I can't see Bradley leaving the team to play in a friendly at this time of year.

Defoe
10-03-2014, 03:00 PM
I can't see Bradley leaving the team to play in a friendly at this time of year.

I never understood this; not why they leave for international competition, but the financial component to this. Do TFC have to pay Bradley for all the games missed? And do players get paid from the national teams? Is it like a contract and he "has to go"? or is it more he's "expected" ? If he's expected to leave a team in the home stretch of a playoff run, they must be getting paid.

OgtheDim
10-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Will be out for Nuit Blanche but keeping the phone charged enough to catch tweets and updates.

dantdot
10-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Gilberto didn't travel, they're resting him. Even less of a chance to get anything out of this one.

dupont
10-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Gilberto didn't travel, they're resting him. Even less of a chance to get anything out of this one.

Really? Why?

OgtheDim
10-03-2014, 06:17 PM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 13m13 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/518173784025886721) So to confirm: Vanney says Defoe will be in 18, but likely won't start. Gilberto didn't ravel. Not injured, just saving him.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/518176037449252864)
Vanney on Bradley's yellow card accumulation: "He's very aware of it. He knows the magnitude of this game and the rest of the week."

I would say we are pretty much mailing it in.

dantdot
10-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Really? Why?

Vanney's been downplaying this game. More important games next week against Eastern teams.

RealG-TFC
10-03-2014, 06:34 PM
If Defoe isn't starting and the Gilberto didn't travel who are we playing up front? Moore and DeRo? Is Dike available yet?

OgtheDim
10-03-2014, 06:39 PM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 13m13 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/518179904547225600) Vanney: "We’re taking some precautions with Gilberto. … He’s put a lot of time recently on his legs. He was starting to feel tight in games"

There you go people....analytics at work. Makes a bit of a change from "We just got to get them fit."

JuliquE
10-03-2014, 06:47 PM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 13m13 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/518179904547225600) Vanney: "We’re taking some precautions with Gilberto. … He’s put a lot of time recently on his legs. He was starting to feel tight in games"

There you go people....analytics at work. Makes a bit of a change from "We just got to get them fit."
I lol'd -- so true.

OgtheDim
10-03-2014, 07:02 PM
I admit I was a sucker for Nelsen's every man stuff and really wanted him to succeed. But, this team has been hurting all year from over training that was never addressed.

notthesun
10-03-2014, 07:37 PM
If Defoe isn't starting and the Gilberto didn't travel who are we playing up front? Moore and DeRo? Is Dike available yet?

Dike is reportedly fit, he's just not being selected. I would like to see how we look with him holding up play and getting on the end of crosses. With the improvement Vanney has engineered on our set pieces, Dike is a potentially lethal weapon.

I hope he gets some minutes.

Red CB Toronto
10-03-2014, 08:04 PM
No way Bradley is going anywhere next week. We don't need to discuss. He is Mr USMNT, but he isn't that guy.

Here is an example of someone choosing country over club with some big MLS games ahead.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/10/03/new-york-red-bulls-star-tim-cahill-has-no-apologies-australian-obligations

Detroit_TFC
10-03-2014, 09:58 PM
You can always count on TFC and RBNY for end of season drama. I hope to hell we're done with ours and theirs is just starting.

dupont
10-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Here is an example of someone choosing country over club with some big MLS games ahead.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/10/03/new-york-red-bulls-star-tim-cahill-has-no-apologies-australian-obligations

That article is fucked. The headline says "Tim Cahill has no apologies for Australian obligations" but actual article quotes him as saying "I apologize to Red Bulls fans". Very shady reporting to whoever wrote that article.

jloome
10-04-2014, 01:36 AM
That article is fucked. The headline says "Tim Cahill has no apologies for Australian obligations" but actual article quotes him as saying "I apologize to Red Bulls fans". Very shady reporting to whoever wrote that article.

No dude, the guy who writes the headline doesn't also write the article, typically.

JuliquE
10-04-2014, 04:45 AM
I admit I was a sucker for Nelsen's every man stuff and really wanted him to succeed. But, this team has been hurting all year from over training that was never addressed.
This has been my exact view; I was desperate for him to succeed, and he wasn't without his charm (you don't make captain, everywhere you go, without a bit of charisma about you).. but he regularly left me scratching my head, and generally became more and more intolerable/difficult to defend. I just tuned him out, eventually, and tried to just examine his approach to the game and setting the team up. Suffice it to say that this didn't help his cause, from my vantage.

Graeme
10-04-2014, 06:56 AM
Gilberto out? Bradley taking it easy? I'm going to regret watching this game, aren't I?

anto7
10-04-2014, 07:49 AM
I really hope Vanney is telling the truth about why Gilberto has been left behind and that this is not another episode in the long list of TFC soap episodes. Yes I am probably scarred and fearing the worst but I can't help suspecting that the return of Defoe is a factor. Hope I am wrong.

JuliquE
10-04-2014, 08:39 AM
I really hope Vanney is telling the truth about why Gilberto has been left behind and that this is not another episode in the long list of TFC soap episodes. Yes I am probably scarred and fearing the worst but I can't help suspecting that the return of Defoe is a factor. Hope I am wrong.
Must say, I thought the same, especially after his comments in the media (Defoe having to earn his place in the 11); I didn't have a problem with it, myself, but I was a bit weary of what the reaction might be, and this doesn't exactly ease my concerns.

So, yeh -- really clinging to the whole analytics explanation, myself.

redisthenewblk
10-04-2014, 10:52 AM
I'm not concerned about Gilberto being left off the squad for this one. You may all think I'm crazy, but I think Vanney has done a great job so far, and I think we're just seeing some necessary rest for Gilberto and some squad rotation. We might get torn a new one tonight, but I like Vanney's approach of playing our way and just going for it and what happens happens. He's right, the eastern conference matches are most important. If we get bonus points from this one we'll be sitting pretty.

jloome
10-04-2014, 11:55 AM
I'm not concerned about Gilberto being left off the squad for this one. You may all think I'm crazy, but I think Vanney has done a great job so far, and I think we're just seeing some necessary rest for Gilberto and some squad rotation. We might get torn a new one tonight, but I like Vanney's approach of playing our way and just going for it and what happens happens. He's right, the eastern conference matches are most important. If we get bonus points from this one we'll be sitting pretty.

I think Vanney is a smart guy, and knows Baldomero Toledo pretty well, and knows that refs in this league have been fairly consistently against Big G from day one. He's a card waiting to happen in some respect. Then again, Bradley can only get one more.

I don't think we're going to take it easy at all; I think we're going to play very direct football, up the middle and through Bradley/Osorio, because playing wide is probably suicide against LA, and sitting back is too.

gdg_9
10-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Dike is reportedly fit, he's just not being selected. I would like to see how we look with him holding up play and getting on the end of crosses. With the improvement Vanney has engineered on our set pieces, Dike is a potentially lethal weapon.

I hope he gets some minutes.

^^This!

With Gilberto out, it's the perfect chance to get Dike back in there.

He deserves a chance to show what he can do coming off this injury.

gate7
10-04-2014, 12:19 PM
So how many games have Both Defoe and Gilberto actually started together? 6-7 ???

redisthenewblk
10-04-2014, 12:21 PM
I think Vanney is a smart guy, and knows Baldomero Toledo pretty well, and knows that refs in this league have been fairly consistently against Big G from day one. He's a card waiting to happen in some respect. Then again, Bradley can only get one more.

I don't think we're going to take it easy at all; I think we're going to play very direct football, up the middle and through Bradley/Osorio, because playing wide is probably suicide against LA, and sitting back is too.

Agreed. I think the goal is to go in guns blazing and for Bradley to come out without a card (I wouldn't be surprised if he gets subbed at somepoint).

redisthenewblk
10-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Who do you guys think the forward pairing will be. Likely Moore and "x". DeRo? Maybe Dike gets a nod to be replaced by Defoe in the 60th minute?

JuliquE
10-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Who do you guys think the forward pairing will be. Likely Moore and "x". DeRo? Maybe Dike gets a nod to be replaced by Defoe in the 60th minute?
If Defoe can't start, then I think this has got to be it.

Does anyone know if, prior to the playoffs, there might be an amnesty for card accumulation? If no, I wonder if they intentionally make it that Bradley's missed game is against the likes of Montréal, giving Warner a game against his old side.

JuliquE
10-04-2014, 12:50 PM

Vanney, much as DID like Nelsen, has been a huge breath of fresh air, for me. A part of me always hopes we get an MLS veteran coach in, but, honestly speaking, I would much more love to have a coach come in and make a name for himself, growing to genuinely love the club and city, whilst endearing himself to the supporters, in the process. Seems to have been a pipe-dream, to date, and I know we can't afford to take the chance.. but, deep down, it's always been what I'd prefer, rather than implanting a Schmidt or Arena (maybe I've just been making lemonade from the lemons we're given).

MightyDM
10-04-2014, 12:50 PM
You may all think I'm crazy, but I think Vanney has done a great job so far.

Jury is way out on that. Chivas was a freebie, and aside from that the club has looked very fragile under Vanney, except for ten minutes against Chicago and about thirty against Portland.

CBTFC
10-04-2014, 12:51 PM
I have a table reserved for myself and a couple friends at football factory. come one, come all. the more the merrier!

notthesun
10-04-2014, 12:58 PM
If I'm Vanney I'm telling the players to focus on winning set pieces. If we have the ball near the byline, play it off a defender for a corner. If you're on the wing and the cross isn't on, take on your man and win a free kick.

redisthenewblk
10-04-2014, 01:03 PM
Jury is way out on that. Chivas was a freebie, and aside from that the club has looked very fragile under Vanney, except for ten minutes against Chicago and about thirty against Portland.

the sample size is too small to judge purely on results, true. This is what I've seen so far: effective subs, no excuses, tactical awareness, a brand new Bradley, a desire to play attacking football.

ag futbol
10-04-2014, 02:46 PM

On the old "he says he can go, who am I to say otherwise?". Tough, but pragmatic decision IMO.

defensor
10-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Can I clear some things up because I don't have much time right now? So far I know Gilberto is out,(which is no big deal IMO), but I read something about Bradley being out, tell me that's not true? And is Defoe not fully fit but still playing or something?

Oldtimer
10-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Kurtis Lawson has Bradley starting. Don't know where you got that.

Red Adder
10-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Cleared Sat night - beers in fridge - Let's go you Reds!!!

Red CB Toronto
10-04-2014, 05:10 PM

But at the end of the day, he still chose country over club, which I may not like but will respect every time.

burlington Red
10-04-2014, 05:17 PM
But at the end of the day, he still chose country over club, which I may not like but will respect every time.

at the end of the day, it's NYRB paying his wages

OgtheDim
10-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Toronto FC ‏@torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/518574705532735488) The @ExpediaCA (https://twitter.com/ExpediaCA) Starting XI: Bendik, Creavalle, Caldwell, Hagglund, Morrow, Osorio, Bekker, Bradley, Lovitz, Moore, Oduro. #TFCLive (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hash)

Toronto FC ‏@torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) 15s16 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/518575039369576448)
#TFClive (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFClive?src=hash) Bench: Konopka, Henry, Morgan, Warner, De Rosario, Wiedeman, Defoe.

No Bloom. Creavalle marking Donovan.

Edit

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 43s44 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/518575877723287553) Bloom misses tonight with a lower body injury; Potentially stemming from incident with Johnson last week.

Ajax TFC
10-04-2014, 08:42 PM
4-3-3 or 4-4-2?

Edit: Looks like 4-4-2 according to MLS Match center

0bl1vious
10-04-2014, 09:03 PM
VLC Stream:
http://nlds6.cdnak.neulion.com/nlds/mls/lagalaxy/as/live/lagalaxy_hd_4500.m3u8

Replace '4500' in the URL to suit your connection speed

Marc"2L"
10-04-2014, 09:10 PM
VLC Stream:

I don't have for sure proof, but neulion is the site responsible for MLS Live, so them hosting it as the free pirate stream is a little, suspect.

Line up is interesting.

Huyton
10-04-2014, 09:11 PM
VLC Stream:

Thank you!!!

I'm at work this evening, so this is great!

Red CB Toronto
10-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Looking forward to the Reds taking at least a point out of this, maybe 3, playoffs in sight.

jloome
10-04-2014, 09:22 PM
I don't have for sure proof, but neulion is the site responsible for MLS Live, so them hosting it as the free pirate stream is a little, suspect.

Line up is interesting.

Oduro up top; he had 14 goals there for the Crew. Interesting indeed.

Bekker in the middle, Osorio wide on his side.... this isn't a "sit back and defend" lineup by any stretch.

dupont
10-04-2014, 09:23 PM
VLC Stream:

Just ran a speed test and my internet is 24Mbps... so which number would that correspond to? (and thanks for the link!)

OgtheDim
10-04-2014, 09:25 PM
FWIW

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=279398&part=sports

RedRum
10-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Need help with the VLC stream (yes I realize the game hasn't started yet).

Open VLC. Under Media, Open Network Stream. Paste in nlds6.cdnak.neulion.com/nlds/mls/lagalaxy/as/live/lagalaxy_hd_4500.m3u8

When I click the show more options box, what do I paste in at the bottom that reads edit options? The default it shows presently is :network-caching=1000

Huyton
10-04-2014, 09:27 PM
The game is also on TSN Radio - 1050

Joe Kool
10-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Thought Dike would have made the bench. I had high hopes when he came back.

0bl1vious
10-04-2014, 09:32 PM
You don't need to do paste anything under more options

OgtheDim
10-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Gonna skip that VLC....its the US feed and that means Cobi Jones going on and on about how great LAG is.

jloome
10-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Gonna skip that VLC....its the US feed and that means Cobi Jones going on and on about how great LAG is.

LOL, man did you call that right -- I've got the LA feed on MLS Live and that's all he's done for the first three minutes. Eek.

RedRum
10-04-2014, 09:35 PM
You don't need to do paste anything under more options

Has your feed started started yet? If yes can you just double check what what you show under "edit options"?

JuliquE
10-04-2014, 09:35 PM
Need help with the VLC stream (yes I realize the game hasn't started yet).

Open VLC. Under Media, Open Network Stream. Paste in nlds6.cdnak.neulion.com/nlds/mls/lagalaxy/as/live/lagalaxy_hd_4500.m3u8

When I click the show more options box, what do I paste in at the bottom that reads edit options? The default it shows presently is :network-caching=1000
You shouldn't have to change anything; if the stream is smooth, then you're good.

If, after having a go, it's choppy, change where the number in the link reads "4500" to "3000" or some one of the other suggested values.

CountryoverClub
10-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Why is Gilberto not starting?

Strong Canadian trio in mid, i can see this group growing together

OgtheDim
10-04-2014, 09:37 PM

Gilberto rested. Didnt' travel.

Lovitz is from Philly.

Yohan
2 slow dudes on CB for LA. TFC might be able to beat LA with pace up front

notthesun
I do not understand why Dike has not gotten a chance since returning from injury. Truly do not get it.

Defoe

Lol I can't

Defoe
10-04-2014, 09:38 PM
I do not understand why Dike has not gotten a chance since returning from injury. Truly do not get it.

Me either

Ivy
10-04-2014, 09:38 PM
FWIW

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=279398&part=sports
Thank youuuuu.

Defoe
10-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Wy are we incapable of making a throw in

OgtheDim
10-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Gotta survive the first 30 minutes to be in with any chance. If I was LAG, I'd be pushing TFC from the get go.

RedRum
10-04-2014, 09:44 PM
You shouldn't have to change anything; if the stream is smooth, then you're good.

If, after having a go, it's choppy, change where the number in the link reads "4500" to "3000" or some one of the other suggested values.

I've used VLC streams before. Not a speed issue!. Someone please for the love of god that is watching the stream right now please go media/open network stream/show more options and just paste in this thread what it shows beside "edit options".

ag futbol
10-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Good shot from Moore.

QBall
10-04-2014, 09:45 PM
TFC applying some good pressure to start.

notthesun
10-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Not bad for his left foot.

Oduro up top may have been a very good decision for this game.

RealG-TFC
10-04-2014, 09:46 PM
I've used VLC streams before. Not a speed issue!. Someone please for the love of god that is watching the stream right now please go media/open network stream/show more options and just paste in this thread what it shows beside "edit options".

Did you need the URL?

MightyDM
10-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Nasty and deliberate by Donovan. Yellow for me.

Red CB Toronto
10-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Good start so far.

MightyDM
10-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Vanney should not be wearing a purple shirt. We are "The Reds"

RedRum
10-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Did you need the URL?

I know the link. What does it say beside "edit options" for you? Thats all I need.

notthesun
10-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Who's their left back? He just went fishing on Osorio and Creavalle's moves.

RealG-TFC
I know the link. What does it say beside "edit options" for you? Thats all I need.

This:

:network-caching=1000

mowe
Phew. It woulda been really demoralizing to go down like that.

Defoe
10-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Good start for TFC

flatpicker
That was a wicked shot off the bar.

QBall
That was a hell of a shot from Juninho.

OgtheDim
Who's their left back? He just went fishing on Osorio and Creavalle's moves.

Robbie Rogers.

Good support for Donovan going forward but he can be had defensively.

The poor man's Yedlin.

Ajax TFC
10-04-2014, 09:53 PM
When will this team ever learn that you can't give Juninho space to shoot?

notthesun
10-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Fantastic recovery by Morrow on that rebound. Saved a goal.

MightyDM
10-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Best start under Vanney, by far. Interesting line up. Playing very defensively.

flatpicker
10-04-2014, 09:55 PM
This is a tense game so far!

OgtheDim
10-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Crevalle.

The poor man's Robbie Rogers.

ag futbol
10-04-2014, 09:58 PM
We've backed into survival mode.

Some bouts of naive play out there... letting the ball take an extra bounce or whatever.

mowe
10-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Man we are under siege right now.

MightyDM
10-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Spoke too soon. We look like QPR with Neslen at centre back....

jloome
10-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Listening to Jones and the Galaxy dude is just nauseating. Like, nauseating. Like a cult meeting.

notthesun
10-04-2014, 10:01 PM
It was coming. They're all over us.

QBall
Crap,another defensive lapse. 1-0 LA

mowe
Yup wasn't hard to see coming. Keane gets LA on the board. Could be the start of a long night.

MightyDM
F@ck

jloome
10-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Both Bekker and Bradley caught up field. One of them blew an assignment.

MightyDM
10-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Is Moore hurt? He is walking all the time.

RealG-TFC
Both Bekker and Bradley caught up field. One of them blew an assignment.

On that play I think it was Bradley.

dupont
The Galaxy are the best team in the league. It's obvious.

ag futbol
10-04-2014, 10:04 PM
So that game next week....

flatpicker
10-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Holy crap Keane!

MightyDM
10-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Possibly could track Keane's runs guys, particularly Bekker.

notthesun
I think I might be done with this game. If we get a point from this I will eat the socks I'm wearing right now.

Yohan
jesus. Robbie Keane in beast mode

fiji_blue
Keane on fire !

QBall
2-0. So if we go by the Portland game TFC should kick it in gear right about now, right?

mowe
This is why most people gave up on this game. Galaxy are that good.

jloome
Eek. Classes apart right now.

Mark TFC
That was just ridiculous.

jloome
10-04-2014, 10:06 PM
I think I might be done with this game. If we get a point from this I will eat the socks I'm wearing right now.

We've come back from two down before! It can happen!

Mark TFC
10-04-2014, 10:06 PM

Can we get a video of that? :P

OgtheDim
10-04-2014, 10:07 PM
As Sutton pointed out, defensive line was sitting back. Need to play a high line against LAG or they will pick you apart at the top of the box.

Moore looks disinterested.

MightyDM
As Nelsen might have said, he got into a comfortable position.....

Soccerpro
Possibly could track Kean's runs guys, particularly Bekker.

Kyle Bekker plays defence for no man!

ag futbol
10-04-2014, 10:08 PM
As Sutton pointed out, defensive line was sitting back. Need to play a high line against LAG or they will pick you apart at the top of the box.

Yeah agreed. This team has rarely played a high line all year. They would just count on having numbers back.

Post!

flatpicker
10-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Ugh. So close from Moore.

OgtheDim
10-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Kyle Bekker plays defence for no man!

Anybody who says Bradley is our answer to needing a DM, I'm just going to point at this game.

sully
The ironic thing is that when Defoe and Keane were at Spurs together Defoe would keep Keane on the bench and now Defoe is the one on the bench. Why isn't our manager playing our best player?

Ajax TFC
That first goal really comes down to Bradley pressing way too high and getting burned. He can't do that when playing as the DM.

Soccerpro
10-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Anybody who says Bradley is our answer to needing a DM, I'm just going to point at this game.

Devils advocate here, was it worth it to bring Bradley in as a DP this year? Or would we be better off with Laba and a close to a DP attaching CM? I know what my answer is...

OgtheDim
10-04-2014, 10:12 PM
The ironic thing is that when Defoe and Keane were at Spurs together Defoe would keep Keane on the bench and now Defoe is the one on the bench. Why isn't our manager playing our best player?

Cause he's back in Toronto resting?

:hide:

Soccerpro
10-04-2014, 10:12 PM

Because no one thinks we can beat the galaxy, period.

RealG-TFC
10-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Moore's been been sleeping on passes. What's up?

Ajax TFC
Cause he's back in Toronto resting?

:hide:
I see what you did there

MightyDM

I don't understand Moore. The club (Nelsen) gave him a chance.

Mark TFC
10-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Honestly, 2-nil is a flimsy lead. We can come back, and all it takes is a good second half performance.

Jack
10-04-2014, 10:14 PM
LA is on another level. Well-drilled, tons of skill up front and they know each other well. And Keane is killing it.

OgtheDim
10-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Devils advocate here, was it worth it to bring Bradley in as a DP this year? Or would we be better off with Laba and a close to a DP attaching CM? I know what my answer is...

Definitely worth it, long term. DM's can be found. We just haven't found one yet. Warner ain't it. He's a sub. Once we have that, and a better CD pairing, we'll be a LOT more dangerous team.

This game is a lot easier to watch playing some mellow music with the commentary off.

mowe
10-04-2014, 10:17 PM
I'd be happy if we can score a goal. Don't have much faith in our defense to hold the rest of the way.

jloome
LA is on another level. Well-drilled, tons of skill up front and they know each other well. And Keane is killing it.

Cobi Jones actually made one good point, which is that Bradley is the only guy trying to pressure his man immediately by rushing up when the ball is in transition.

ag futbol
Toledo is clueless. Oduro has been fouled off the ball several times at this point.

And the TSN crew... as much as that closeup shot of Lovitz picking his nose was interesting, please keep it on the game cam, k? thx.

Yohan
10-04-2014, 10:20 PM
Bekker is so clueless in the middle

Ajax TFC
Looks like we've gone 4-1-4-1. Oso in CM with Bekker and Oduro wide right

QBall
Here's to hoping, but i don't think LA is going to fade in the second half like Portland did. Still, when Defoe comes in we might see a different game.

ag futbol
10-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Bekker is so clueless in the middle
Yeah. I try to say something nice about the kid - cause he has some skill - but my god his defending is pedestrian.

OgtheDim
10-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Cobi Jones actually made one good point, which is that Bradley is the only guy trying to pressure his man immediately by rushing up when the ball is in transition.

That's something that, of all our forwards and mids, really only Gilberto, Defoe, DeRo, and Bradley do. Note how many of those are playing. Nelsen didn't teach it, unfortunately.

jloome
10-04-2014, 10:23 PM
That's something that Gilberto, Defoe, DeRo, and Bradley do. Note how many of those are playing.

Yeah, it's woeful. Bekker just stands and watches his man. Lovitz drops back so far he looks like a fullback. Gutless defending.

MightyDM
10-04-2014, 10:23 PM
toledo is clueless. Oduro has been fouled off the ball several times at this point.x.

exactly!

ag futbol
10-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Yeah, it's woeful. Bekker just stands and watches his man. Lovitz drops back so far he looks like a fullback. Gutless defending.
Don't forget Oduro. He seems to think his job is to jog 5 yards off the man.

Pookie
10-04-2014, 10:25 PM
"Competing for the Playoffs" is a lot different than "Competing for the Cup."

Have to say I enjoy Nigel and Greg. More objective commentary for the most part.

MightyDM
10-04-2014, 10:26 PM

I think it's nervous defending, like the coach has said "don't get beat"

jloome
10-04-2014, 10:27 PM
This is capitulation. Sad.

Press them. Make them work. Run the fuckers down.

I honestly think Vanney has told us to sit off the ball, tackle light, treat it like a friendly because we can't afford injuries with more key games coming up, games that are effectively four pointers.