PDA

View Full Version : MLS playoffs 2014

Yohan
09-23-2014, 02:04 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/09/23/dates-announced-mls-cup-playoffs-2014-presented-att

Conference Knockout Round

Wed-Thurs, Oct. 29-30

Conference Semifinals

Leg 1, Sat-Sun, Nov. 1-2
Leg 2, Sat-Sun, Nov. 8-9

Conference Championships

Leg 1, Sat-Sun, Nov. 22-23
Leg 2, Sat-Sun., Nov. 29-30

MLS Cup Final

3 pm ET, Sun., Dec. 7

TFC1154ever
09-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Just a heads up, if we end up playing in Clownbus for the play in game (first gotta make the playoffs), the Leafs play the Friday night Oct 31st against the blue jackets for those of you who would want to make a few days of it

mowe
09-23-2014, 04:04 PM
Man it would be devastating to miss out this year. I've got a home game Oct 29 circled already.

Fort York Redcoat
09-24-2014, 07:55 AM
Just a heads up, if we end up playing in Clownbus for the play in game (first gotta make the playoffs), the Leafs play the Friday night Oct 31st against the blue jackets for those of you who would want to make a few days of it

Fun game to get to see but dear lord more than one night in Columbus? g:D

BuSaPuNk
09-24-2014, 08:16 AM
Fun game to get to see but dear lord more than one night in Columbus? g:D

Imagine the hangover though :)

Take over the blue jackets arena and bring some true away support lol flags and drums hahahaha that would be awesome

Initial B
09-24-2014, 09:28 AM
I still don't like that break between the semifinals and the division championships. That still kills momentum both for the viewers and the teams. They should simply play right though the international break since it affects relatively fewer teams in the league.

Yohan
09-24-2014, 10:19 AM
I still don't like that break between the semifinals and the division championships. That still kills momentum both for the viewers and the teams. They should simply play right though the international break since it affects relatively fewer teams in the league.
it effects the quality of the games. unfair that a team is eliminated from playoffs just because their best players have to play for national teams

Initial B
09-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Who says they have to play for country instead of club? I'm sure most national teams wouldn't mind losing players for a friendly. NOw, WC qualifying might be another story, but we're talking maybe 8 out of 21 teams by that point. Almost two-thirds of the team will have players available for selection.

Fort York Redcoat
09-24-2014, 11:52 AM

I didn't even look at that. Glad the league is doing something right. Full credit.

QBall
09-25-2014, 02:55 PM
BMO in late November. Gah!!

http://kirkhamsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/christmas-story-snow-suit.jpg