PDA

View Full Version : The TFC Trounce

Jimmy The Saint
07-23-2008, 08:30 AM
I know chants are for another section, but this one needs to be here for all of you to see.

We went to BMO field last night and lost...our pride!
The Reds they came a marching on we sung...we cried!
But they did not play the match we craved,
Nor did they hear of any sounds we made,
and the Reds came tumbling down!

Na na na na na na na na...na na! na na!
Na na na na na na na na...na na! na na!
But they did not play the match we craved,
Nor did they hear of any sounds we made,
and the Reds came tumbling down

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 08:32 AM
^ you my friend, are a traitor! ;)

Shaughno
07-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Fuck, they don't deserve any of our songs. Good or bad. Not after that.

Jimmy The Saint
07-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Just stating how I feel. Gutted.

Shaughno
07-23-2008, 08:36 AM
^^ Totally understandable. Like I said, they don't deserve and ounce of our support after that shit.

Mrs. Workie
07-23-2008, 08:36 AM
You're not alone my friend....you're not alone...

Mrs. Workie
07-23-2008, 08:38 AM
BTW- what ever happened to the idea of the "Give us a reason to sing" banner??

Shaughno
07-23-2008, 08:42 AM
I want to do this as a banner...

http://64.13.252.151/forums/picture.php?albumid=92&pictureid=587

Troll
07-23-2008, 08:46 AM
You guys talk down bout other pro teams in toronto like the leafs and jays... But you still have the same bandwagon mentality.

Mrs. Workie
07-23-2008, 08:54 AM
I want to do this as a banner...

http://64.13.252.151/forums/picture.php?albumid=92&pictureid=587

That one will work too!

Shaughno
07-23-2008, 08:55 AM
You guys talk down bout other pro teams in toronto like the leafs and jays... But you still have the same bandwagon mentality.

Sorry, I don't support any other Toronto teams so I fail to understand what mentality you're going on about. Which bandwagon mentality is this? The fact that I call out my team for losing the most important game in it's history makes me a bandwagoner? :noidea:

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 09:00 AM
The fact that I call out my team for losing the most important game in it's history makes me a bandwagoner? :noidea:

whoa.... just had a flashback!

remember when we watched the first ever TFC game against Chivas last year? Remember how there was a Leafs game on the TV before and it was a 'do or die' game for them to get in the playoffs? Well I seem to remember that they did win the game, and did make the playoffs, and no one who was in the bar watching the game even made a peep. Then TFC came on and we actually made it seem like we give a shit.

We're not dumping our colours because we lost an embarrassing game. We're not saying that it's time to go golfing because the leafs are out. We're saying that we're fucking pissed that the team let us down the one time it really mattered, and we're going to be vocal about it. I'd rather be vocal in my displeasure than apathetic when someone good happens (like the above story about the leafs).

Northern Soul
07-23-2008, 09:04 AM
whoa.... just had a flashback!

remember when we watched the first ever TFC game against Chivas last year? Remember how there was a Leafs game on the TV before and it was a 'do or die' game for them to get in the playoffs? Well I seem to remember that they did win the game, and did make the playoffs, and no one who was in the bar watching the game even made a peep. Then TFC came on and we actually made it seem like we give a shit.

We're not dumping our colours because we lost an embarrassing game. We're not saying that it's time to go golfing because the leafs are out. We're saying that we're fucking pissed that the team let us down the one time it really mattered, and we're going to be vocal about it. I'd rather be vocal in my displeasure than apathetic when someone good happens (like the above story about the leafs).

The Leafs haven't made the playoffs for the last 3 years.

Pyeddo
07-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Way to miss the point of Parkdale's post

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 09:12 AM
The Leafs haven't made the playoffs for the last 3 years.

okay.... then I wasn't paying attention but I know it was a 'do or die' game situation for them. Maybe that's what was keeping their playoff hopes alive?

yeah... I was too excited to watch the first TFC game to care about the leaves.

RealG-TFC
07-23-2008, 09:14 AM
nvrm I made a stupid comment

fiji_blue
07-23-2008, 09:15 AM
We need a team of JIMMY B's end of story! more Canadians = more Heart

Mrs. Workie
07-23-2008, 09:15 AM

:lol: Funny

Supporters call their team out when they're playing like shit. We don't sit back and pretend to be happy, and say, oh well there's always next year.

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 09:16 AM
We need a team of JIMMY B's end of story! more Canadians = more Heart

We need a team of Ibbies. Hungry young players with something to prove!

Shaughno
07-23-2008, 09:17 AM
okay.... then I wasn't paying attention but I know it was a 'do or die' game situation for them. Maybe that's what was keeping their playoff hopes alive?

yeah... I was too excited to watch the first TFC game to care about the leaves.

Yeah, they had to win to stay alive, then I believe Montreal won anyway and crushed their hopes. Anyways, it doesn't matter. It's not hockey, stop making the comparisons please.

Kickit09
07-23-2008, 09:27 AM
well if singing and cheering for them doesnt work anymore, maybe they need to be razzled a little bit. let them know we aren't happy and dont fuck around.

Pigfynn
07-23-2008, 09:29 AM
As soon as the final whistle blew I ran down from the top of 114 all the way to railing just before the pitch...I was fucking fuming...anyway, Jimmy and Marshall were 20 feet away with the heads hung down.

I started screaming "JIMMY,JIMMY!!!!" like 10 times

finally he looked up right at me and I just said

"NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH JIMMY!"

and he just hung his head turned and walked away.

he knew.

Garbage.

OneLoveOneEric
07-23-2008, 09:33 AM
^^Well done. I wish I could run in to one of those fuckers today.

Shaughno
07-23-2008, 09:36 AM
As soon as the final whistle blew I ran down from the top of 114 all the way to railing just before the pitch...I was fucking fuming...anyway, Jimmy and Marshall were 20 feet away with the heads hung down.

I started screaming "JIMMY,JIMMY!!!!" like 10 times

finally he looked up right at me and I just said

"NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH JIMMY!"

and he just hung his head turned and walked away.

he knew.

Garbage.

When Ricketts walked towards 112/113 and started clapping and bunch of people starting yelling at him and booing.. he looked totally dejected.

Good!

If they are unhappy, maybe they'll finally realize that mediocrity isn't good enough. We won't settle for last year results. We have the talent, it's unacceptable to play like a first year team with no talent again.

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Anyways, it doesn't matter. It's not hockey, stop making the comparisons please.

that was my point. it's not hockey and we're not hockey fans.
as self-congratulatory as it sounds, we are a unique bunch in this city.

Mango Kid
07-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Sorry, I don't support any other Toronto teams so I fail to understand what mentality you're going on about. Which bandwagon mentality is this? The fact that I call out my team for losing the most important game in it's history makes me a bandwagoner? :noidea:

Bang on. You can be a fan and still crack on your team's performance and effort.

Leave eating shit blindly to the (majority of) Leafs fans.

Kickit09
07-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Hungry young players with something to prove!

that sounds like the USL

Shaughno
07-23-2008, 09:41 AM
that was my point. it's not hockey and we're not hockey fans.
as self-congratulatory as it sounds, we are a unique bunch in this city.

For sure, I wasn't directing it towards you, knob. :canada:

noochie
07-23-2008, 09:42 AM

Isn't the definition of bandwagon someone who jumps on a team that is winning? How has anyone been able to jump on dude, where is the history of victory?

Mango Kid
07-23-2008, 09:45 AM
^ The other part of that is getting off when you're not winning, so suspect that's where Troll is going with that.

Pigfynn
07-23-2008, 09:46 AM
nobody here is "getting off" anything, just voicing their displeasure at a shit performance.

Mango Kid
07-23-2008, 09:52 AM
I'll never understand how some think hammering a shit performance makes you less of a fan. Quite the opposite, really.

noochie
07-23-2008, 10:25 AM
^ The other part of that is getting off when you're not winning, so suspect that's where Troll is going with that.

I hear ya... I guess the point is that it never left... so technically no one is "ON" a bandwagon. I.e. you can't get off something you never got on. Weird philosophy statement I guess, and when I read it... it looks all wrong ;)