PDA

View Full Version : Bez Speaks

bgnewf
09-14-2014, 10:34 PM
Bez Speaks

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2014/09/bezspeaks/

Full video of Tim Bezbatchenko's remarks to the TFC Season Seat Holders who attended a barbeque at the Kia Training Ground on Sunday September 14th. In a roughly 10 minute address Bez speaks about his long term plans, the coaching change, the inportance of what's happening at the Academy, plans for a USL-Pro franchise and he obliquely references the Defoe situation near the end.

Cashcleaner
09-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the clip, Newf!

Man, doubling the number of players they want to circulate through the academy and draft onto the senior team is a lofty goal, but ya know, they built that new facility up in Downsview for a reason, so let's hope they good return on investment.

mcolvy
09-14-2014, 11:17 PM
Bez may be good with MLS rules and etc, but man this guy is a terrible speaker. Like really really bad. Like GMs can get away and it doesnt really matter.. but actually he is so bad it does matter. Its hard to watch really.

Cashcleaner
09-15-2014, 01:57 AM
^ To be fair, I don't think outside with all the wind and airplanes was the best venue for him. I've heard him speak at the ACC with no problems.

mowe
09-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Thanks for uploading this. I like what Bez has to say, he clearly has a plan and is going about improving all areas of the club. I especially liked hearing about the new independent scouting network. Explains a lot knowing that with every coaching change we lost all their scouting contacts and had to start over.

But he will ultimately be judged on replacing Nelson with Vanney. If the latter can lead us to the playoffs then Bez is a genius. If not ... well I don't want to think about that.

Yohan
09-15-2014, 11:17 AM
ugh babies. i hate babies :p

nascarguy
09-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the clip, Newf! but there is too much back ground noise with all the wind and airplanes and people talking over him.

nascarguy
09-15-2014, 11:28 AM
ugh babies. i hate babies :p
yeah I know

nascarguy
09-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Thanks for uploading this. I like what Bez has to say, he clearly has a plan and is going about improving all areas of the club. I especially liked hearing about the new independent scouting network. Explains a lot knowing that with every coaching change we lost all their scouting contacts and had to start over.

But he will ultimately be judged on replacing Nelson with Vanney. If the latter can lead us to the playoffs then Bez is a genius. If not ... well I don't want to think about that. I think he should have fired him in july

TOBOR !
09-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Bez Speaks

Full video of [insert name]'s remarks to the TFC Season Seat Holders who attended a barbeque at the Kia Training Ground on Sunday [insert date]. In a roughly 10 minute address [insert name] speaks about his long term plans, the coaching change, the inportance of what's happening at the Academy, plans for a [insert scheme] and he obliquely references the [insert fiasco] situation near the end.

^ There. A post for all seasons.

lobo
09-15-2014, 03:05 PM
^ LMAO .. well played

Cashcleaner
09-15-2014, 11:49 PM

But he will ultimately be judged on replacing Nelson with Vanney. If the latter can lead us to the playoffs then Bez is a genius. If not ... well I don't want to think about that.

Was that his call though? I thought Leiweke had the biggest hand in sacking Nelsen.

__wowza
09-16-2014, 12:25 AM
Bez may be good with MLS rules and etc, but man this guy is a terrible speaker. Like really really bad. Like GMs can get away and it doesnt really matter.. but actually he is so bad it does matter. Its hard to watch really.

i called it at the defoe signing, way too many "uhms" and "uhhs".
i'm trying not to nitpick, or read too far into things, but normally these are signs of not being unsure.

he could be unsure of his choices, or the direction of the team, or even of his public speaking skills, but personally.. if you're in the public eye like he is, it's best to read a few books on speaking in front of crowds. for whatever reason, he just sounds unconfident.