PDA

View Full Version : Matchday 28: Chivas USA at Toronto, Sun 21 Sept 3pm

Yohan
09-14-2014, 07:14 PM
This is the must win game. Chivas USA is winless in 10 with 9 losses in that streak, and has lost 5 straight. They lost Carlos Bocanegra (good trade by Bez) and Erick Torres has gone extremely cold. TFC should have full roster minus Defoe and Osorio probably.

No 3 points in this game, we don't deserve to be in playoffs. COYR

mowe
09-14-2014, 07:45 PM
No 3 points in this game, we don't deserve to be in playoffs. COYR

Just about sums it up. Let's get it.

Red CB Toronto
09-14-2014, 08:21 PM
A statement game, send this Chivas mucks back to LA in a body bag lit up.

notthesun
09-14-2014, 09:35 PM
I want us to dominate this game. After that rant I want Bradley to tear the pitch up; I want him in the form he showed against Seattle in the opener.

3 points.

jazzy
09-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Interesting as on the MLS broadcast it is being said that CHivas may be taking next year off ?..so god knows what kind of vibe they have as a team in the locker room . We have to win AND limit ANY mistakes . Killer instinct enter here ! Dero has to play at least 1/3rd to 1/2 the game . Hope both Jackson and Oduro are never on the pitch at the same time ever again. As well Warner and Bradley can't play together . (asking too much ?)

Initial B
09-15-2014, 08:26 AM
I think the defence will still cough up at least one goal, but i get the feeling the offense is starting to come around and should score 2 or 3 against the only team that's in more disarray than they are. If TFC loses or ties this home game against the worst team in the league, then I agree the season's done.

hulkrogan
09-15-2014, 03:10 PM
WINNNNNNNNNNNN.

Just WINNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

QBall
09-15-2014, 05:01 PM
4-0 TFC with DeRo extending his goal streak to two games!

Ultra & Proud
09-16-2014, 10:32 AM
If TFC loses or ties this home game against the worst team in the league, then I agree the season's done.
This is what I am thinking too.

I think we will win though but not easily and not with any style. More like a 2-1 garbage match.

Carts
09-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Well, win or lose we still booze... But if we lose we may RIOT and booze so ya - win boys!!! LOL

Seriously though, I agree - we should come out guns'a'blazin & make a statement. Would love a 3-nil win with Gilberto / Dero on the scoresheet with at least a single each...

Carts...

Phil
09-16-2014, 10:51 AM
Interesting as on the MLS broadcast it is being said that CHivas may be taking next year off ?..so god knows what kind of vibe they have as a team in the locker room . We have to win AND limit ANY mistakes . Killer instinct enter here ! Dero has to play at least 1/3rd to 1/2 the game . Hope both Jackson and Oduro are never on the pitch at the same time ever again. As well Warner and Bradley can't play together . (asking too much ?)

Chivas has to have all kinds of funk going on with the MLS running the show. Nelsen Rodriguez being in charge would be enough to make me run for the hills.

Yohan
09-16-2014, 04:22 PM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2014/09/16/tfc_striker_jermain_defoe_still_on_schedule_to_ret urn_to_toronto_coach_says.html

Defoe is questionable. I'm going to say no. Caldwell and Osorio in training. Warner out

JayMolly
09-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Seriously though, I agree - we should come out guns'a'blazin & make a statement. Would love a 3-nil win with Gilberto / Dero on the scoresheet with at least a single each...

Carts...

We agree. Other than Montreal, Chivas has allowed more goals than any other team.

Must win for sure!!!
J&M

Defoe
09-16-2014, 06:00 PM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2014/09/16/tfc_striker_jermain_defoe_still_on_schedule_to_ret urn_to_toronto_coach_says.html

Defoe is questionable. I'm going to say no. Caldwell and Osorio in training. Warner out

I think it's just good news that he's coming back

Jermain Defoe @IAmJermainDefoe (https://twitter.com/IAmJermainDefoe) · 1h (https://twitter.com/IAmJermainDefoe/status/511991569176854529) Rehab has gone well !Back to Toronto Monday, and ready for playoff push# goals .

OgtheDim
09-16-2014, 07:03 PM
Vanney's comments today.

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2014/09/16/greg-vanney-september-16-2014

notthesun
09-16-2014, 07:25 PM
I think it's just good news that he's coming back

Jermain Defoe @IAmJermainDefoe (https://twitter.com/IAmJermainDefoe) · 1h (https://twitter.com/IAmJermainDefoe/status/511991569176854529) Rehab has gone well !Back to Toronto Monday, and ready for playoff push# goals .

As I've said before, I'll be shocked if he comes back and does anything other than deny deny deny.

Lennon
09-17-2014, 09:19 AM
I had a dream that we were up 6-0 in the 38th minute :D

Ultra & Proud
09-17-2014, 09:27 AM
I had a dream that we were up 6-0 in the 38th minute :D
And a dream it shall remain.

Phil
09-17-2014, 09:32 AM
As I've said before, I'll be shocked if he comes back and does anything other than deny deny deny.

Of course he will. If he wants to move back to the EPL, he has to prove that he can overcome the issues that have surrounded him here. Otherwise his demand and value drop to any club interested.

Its what happens when we chase players on this level, it can and does happen.

BuSaPuNk
09-17-2014, 10:20 AM
Of course he will. If he wants to move back to the EPL, he has to prove that he can overcome the issues that have surrounded him here. Otherwise his demand and value drop to any club interested.

Its what happens when we chase players on this level, it can and does happen.

Exactly this is common place in Europe. Guys are always speculated to leave when they are top players or even marginal players for top clubs but good players for lower clubs.

Contract be dammed. Look at Suarez. Perfect example on how no matter what your contract says there's always a chance a club will take the money and run.

PopePouri
09-17-2014, 10:26 AM
---------------Gilberto----------------
---DeRo----------------------Oduro--
-------------------Oso-----------------
---------Bradley-----------------------
---------------Creavalle---------------
-Morrow----------------------Bloom--
----------Henry----Caldwell----------
---------------Bendik------------------

Oldtimer
09-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Win. Win. Win. Win. Win!

Phil
09-17-2014, 11:13 AM
Exactly this is common place in Europe. Guys are always speculated to leave when they are top players or even marginal players for top clubs but good players for lower clubs.

Contract be dammed. Look at Suarez. Perfect example on how no matter what your contract says there's always a chance a club will take the money and run.

Bale, Ronaldo....the list is huge. Its both a blessing and a curse that we have a player worth talking like this about.

Well, statement game on Sunday, lets see 3 points and some proper team play. Confidence would do the team some good.

burlington Red
09-17-2014, 11:30 AM

Not sure how MLS contracts are but Suarez contract was set up for him to leave. He wanted to leave pre season but couldn't, then he had a 70 million quid release clause in the new contract he signed, knowing full well Barca or Madrid wouldn't have an issue paying that.Not to familiar with MLS contracts, do they allow for such clauses?
One interesting thing re Defoe, he may have showed his hand too quick. Everybody in EPL now knows he wants back to UK, that could lower his wages in any delas he tries to negogiate. One thing that is for sure, he won't get what we are paying him from any club

Qman
09-17-2014, 12:23 PM
If we don't win against chivas, i'm burning my jersey.

.... of course its a defoe jersey ... so its worthless anyways ... just speeding things by a couple months

Qman
09-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Jermain Defoe @IAmJermainDefoe (https://twitter.com/IAmJermainDefoe)· 1h (https://twitter.com/IAmJermainDefoe/status/511991569176854529)Rehab has gone well ! still haven't decided if i want to get on the plane yet. seems like quite the hassle.

OgtheDim
09-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Jermain Defoe @IAmJermainDefoe (https://twitter.com/IAmJermainDefoe)· 1h (https://twitter.com/IAmJermainDefoe/status/511991569176854529)Rehab has gone well ! still haven't decided if i want to get on the plane yet. seems like quite the hassle.

You really should smiley stuff like that. Made me look. ;)

Fort York Redcoat
09-17-2014, 01:00 PM
If we don't win against chivas, i'm burning my jersey.

.... of course its a defoe jersey ... so its worthless anyways ... just speeding things by a couple months

Don't do it!

Some of the best jerseys at the games are the ones that make us headshake. Robert, Mista, they are so fun to see....

Red I
09-17-2014, 01:04 PM

Jermain Defoe @IAmJermainDefoe (https://twitter.com/IAmJermainDefoe)· 1h (https://twitter.com/IAmJermainDefoe/status/511991569176854529)Rehab has gone well ! ... Rick James was right, Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

mowe
09-17-2014, 01:16 PM

Really like this lineup.

BuSaPuNk
09-17-2014, 01:38 PM
Not sure how MLS contracts are but Suarez contract was set up for him to leave. He wanted to leave pre season but couldn't, then he had a 70 million quid release clause in the new contract he signed, knowing full well Barca or Madrid wouldn't have an issue paying that.Not to familiar with MLS contracts, do they allow for such clauses?
One interesting thing re Defoe, he may have showed his hand too quick. Everybody in EPL now knows he wants back to UK, that could lower his wages in any delas he tries to negogiate. One thing that is for sure, he won't get what we are paying him from any club

For sure its not an apples and oranges comparison at all but as Phil said its common place for this to happen to players in this caliber.

Going down the road of big name DPs we were always going to fight these kind of battles in terms of transfer rumors.

BuSaPuNk
09-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Don't do it!

Some of the best jerseys at the games are the ones that make us headshake. Robert, Mista, they are so fun to see....

Always thought of buying the lettering for my old jerseys and putting guys like that on them.

Come on who wouldn't giggle at a Gala, Usenov, or White jersey lol

Ultra & Proud
09-17-2014, 01:56 PM
Always thought of buying the lettering for my old jerseys and putting guys like that on them.

I was actually going to do that with my old jerseys. I wanted Usanov and maybe Hscanovics and even Lombardo. I already have Serioux but I am good with that one because I always liked him.

Carts
09-17-2014, 02:43 PM
On my white jersey I want to put the full name, not just the last name, of the man, the myth, the legend, the one, the only..........

NICK GARCIA

Qman
09-17-2014, 03:07 PM
Don't do it!

still have an old plata jersey ... but i have to walk on my knees when i wear it to get the full effect.

Yohan
09-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Edward Norton (aka Edvin Jurisevic) is the ref. He likes to red card people.

DOMIN8R
09-17-2014, 06:48 PM
"The thing that I cannot stress enough is how much we need our fans to make BMO the best stadium, the best atmosphere that we all know it is and can be in the league," said Bradley.

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=462003

Qman
09-17-2014, 08:20 PM
anybody but Toledo. I saw him red card the keeper 2min into a key western conference game last week.

Yohan
09-17-2014, 08:21 PM
anybody but Toledo. I saw him red card the keeper 2min into a key western conference game last week.
Nasco? it was totally a DOGSO call.

flamehawk
09-17-2014, 09:51 PM

I've actually seen Gala jerseys twice in the city - I think both times were in Etobicoke. Probably family though.

Shakes McQueen
09-17-2014, 09:57 PM
I generally don't like labeling games a "must win" - but I really think this game is a "must win", both in terms of the standings, and just psychologically for our team. They need to settle the boat. Fans are not happy, the players are clearly not happy right now (especially after that last finish), and it's imperative that we not freefall down the standings.

Shakes McQueen
09-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Oh, and apparently Bradley opted himself to speak with the media again. He's really trying to show leadership right now, and I'm glad for it.

OgtheDim
09-18-2014, 06:26 AM
Oh, and apparently Bradley opted himself to speak with the media again. He's really trying to show leadership right now, and I'm glad for it.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/17/michael-bradley-wants-tfc-fans-to-be-loud-and-proud

JayMolly
09-18-2014, 04:38 PM
I generally don't like labeling games a "must win" - but I really think this game is a "must win", both in terms of the standings, and just psychologically for our team. They need to settle the boat. Fans are not happy, the players are clearly not happy right now (especially after that last finish), and it's imperative that we not freefall down the standings.

If the Union and the Crew get zero points and TFC wins . . . I believe all three teams will be tied for 5th place!
Jay

Bantamfan
09-18-2014, 07:47 PM
I think that for Sunday a return to 2007 passion.
Full supportors section bouncing, chanting that resonates
throughout the stadium and best of all
streamers like no tomorrow. Show the boys
what to expect if and when meaningfully, playoffs games
are played atBMO

hulkrogan
09-18-2014, 10:36 PM
I'm excited to see you guys loud and proud on TV Sunday. I'll be doing my part solo in LA in October :p

Alonso
09-19-2014, 07:21 AM
are played atBMO

+1

Streamers and "who are ya?!?" chants like old times!

Morlesio14
09-19-2014, 07:26 AM
Will be playing hockey but please be so fuckin loud please and don't just forget about it when the game begins. Ur noise will carry and the rest of the stadium could help too

gdg_9
09-19-2014, 12:35 PM
are played atBMO

This is one of the things I miss the most about the old days...

It was a calling card of BMO, and actually had a tangible effect on opposing players taking corners... some guys would get very frustrated!

Fort York Redcoat
09-19-2014, 01:20 PM

It was a calling card of BMO, and actually had a tangible effect on opposing players taking corners... some guys would get very frustrated!

I've had streamers wrapped around me twice this season. One made it to a player.

Leedsoronto
09-19-2014, 04:32 PM
I just want a game where the ref is blended into the background and not stomping about making crazy mad calls just so he/she can be the star of the show.

2-0 to TFC

Morlesio14
09-19-2014, 04:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxWGdmvvNtk&sns=em

The general wants a loud stadium make it happen boys

TFC07
09-19-2014, 05:16 PM
How come this game is on Sunday afternoon? Why schedule this game against NFL?

What a stupid idea to have a game on Sunday afternoon.

Defoe
09-19-2014, 05:44 PM

I just don't understand the entire schedule. At this point in time, this league is viewed as an amateur league compared to the other big 4 sports leagues, college sports in America, Nascar, tennis and golf... yet they schedule on their own terms. They schedule games at 830 pm on a Saturdays... insane... AND NOW that the NFL is back on they decide to put it on Sundays... I almost want to laugh. The first 2/3 of the season should be played on Sunday afternoons and when the PGA TOUR has big events finishing on sundays they should mix it up and throw in some Saturday afternoons... The last 3rd of the season should be scheduled on Saturday afternoons between 1-5 pm starts to avoid hockey night in Canada on Saturday nights and football on Sundays. This is not a big league yet, they simply have to much competition to schedule on their own terms. I know personally Sundays and mid Saturday afternoons are the best time for me... Why would the average sports fan want to watch MLS on Saturday night? They wouldn't - and their drawing 22 k some games

OgtheDim
09-19-2014, 05:54 PM

Chivas Univision coverage

Every week, either Saturday or Sunday, at 3 Eastern, or so it has seemed.

Prof
09-19-2014, 06:45 PM
[QUOTWHOE=TFC07;1695892]How come this game is on Sunday afternoon? Why schedule this game against NFL?

What a stupid idea to have a game on Sunday afternoon.[/QUOTE]

WHO CARES ABOUT NFL. THUGS ON ROIDS.

Derko
09-19-2014, 07:06 PM

I don't know why, but I don't partake in NFL anyway, so it's not an issue with me. Torn allegiance with you perhaps. I think NFL is a Stupid pansey game anyway.
Let's go you TFC:scarf:

Cuppy
09-19-2014, 07:22 PM
I don't know why, but I don't partake in NFL anyway, so it's not an issue with me. Torn allegiance with you perhaps. I think NFL is a Stupid pansey game anyway.
:) :)

Jack
09-19-2014, 07:35 PM

I'd take that lineup.

Jack
09-19-2014, 07:38 PM
I just don't understand the entire schedule. At this point in time, this league is viewed as an amateur league compared to the other big 4 sports leagues, college sports in America, Nascar, tennis and golf... yet they schedule on their own terms. They schedule games at 830 pm on a Saturdays... insane... AND NOW that the NFL is back on they decide to put it on Sundays... I almost want to laugh. The first 2/3 of the season should be played on Sunday afternoons and when the PGA TOUR has big events finishing on sundays they should mix it up and throw in some Saturday afternoons... The last 3rd of the season should be scheduled on Saturday afternoons between 1-5 pm starts to avoid hockey night in Canada on Saturday nights and football on Sundays. This is not a big league yet, they simply have to much competition to schedule on their own terms. I know personally Sundays and mid Saturday afternoons are the best time for me... Why would the average sports fan want to watch MLS on Saturday night? They wouldn't - and their drawing 22 k some games
No thanks to Sunday games in general. Saturday matches are much preferred, all season long.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-19-2014, 07:44 PM
No thanks to Sunday games in general. Saturday matches are much preferred, all season long.

always and forever

Daveisonfire
09-19-2014, 07:48 PM

Last time I brought streamers people gave me weird looks when I tried to hand them out. Maybe I had a shifty look in my eyes, I don't know, haha. I think I was in 119.

I'm bringing some for Sunday regardless.

:flare:

TFC07
09-19-2014, 09:00 PM

I am not fan of American/Canadian football either, but there's plenty of NFL fans in the city who will be busy watching NFL game over TFC game. I except attendance and TV ratings to be down for this game.

notthesun
09-19-2014, 09:29 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/09/19/pick-em-mlssoccercom-editors-cobi-jones-pick-week-28-matches

Straight sweep for TFC from MLS Pick'Em.

Ivy
09-19-2014, 11:07 PM
I brought streaming last game, and I'll bring some again. Hopefully the wind cooperates this time and Cal doesn't get wrapped up lol.

OgtheDim
09-20-2014, 06:37 AM
Weather going to be interesting.

They are calling for Thunderstorms between 10 and 5 that day.

Fort York Redcoat
09-20-2014, 02:11 PM
I brought streaming last game, and I'll bring some again. Hopefully the wind cooperates this time and Cal doesn't get wrapped up lol.

I just finished picking up 90.

JavierMartini
09-20-2014, 03:33 PM
Get home, rage at the TV for showing WWE instead of the TFC game. Realize the game is tomorrow -_-

Fort York Redcoat
09-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Get home, rage at the TV for showing WWE instead of the TFC game. Realize the game is tomorrow -_-

Awesome. :smilielol5:

Pookie
09-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Hope I am not starting something but noticed the closed thread. But also understand the origins of the RPBs as well.

It's military appreciation day. As the son of a Veteran and from a family with a proud tradition of service, if you really want to appreciate the military your standing ovation will be nice but even better would be to voice your displeasure to your MP regarding the many issues Veterans have had to face once they have stopped dodging bullets. With the way the government has treated them you wonder whose side our politicians are really on.

Shameful in some ways what we have asked of them and since treated them.

That's all I will say.

Here's to 3 points.

Fort York Redcoat
09-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Hope I am not starting something but noticed the closed thread. But also understand the origins of the RPBs as well.

It's military appreciation day. As the son of a Veteran and from a family with a proud tradition of service, if you really want to appreciate the military your standing ovation will be nice but even better would be to voice your displeasure to your MP regarding the many issues Veterans have had to face once they have stopped dodging bullets. With the way the government has treated them you wonder whose side our politicians are really on.

Shameful in some ways what we have asked of them and since treated them.

That's all I will say.

Here's to 3 points.

Nope. Well said all around, Pook. :thumbsup:

Red4ever
09-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Bought another 20 streamers. :) Out of red at bloor and Bathurst for those inclined.

Red4ever
09-20-2014, 05:31 PM

I felt like the dude in the big lebowski funeral scene.

http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/the-big-lebowski-reunion-animated-gifs-10.gif

Pint
09-20-2014, 07:44 PM
I just finished picking up 90.

Where? I went looking this evening

Red4ever
09-20-2014, 08:05 PM

Dollarama is the best.

Pint
09-20-2014, 08:35 PM
Dollarama is the best.

Thats where I went and they only had the extra large rolls in 2 colours (neither of which were red). Probably going to try the liberty village dollar store tomorrow.

QBall
09-20-2014, 10:06 PM
I am not fan of American/Canadian football either, but there's plenty of NFL fans in the city who will be busy watching NFL game over TFC game. I except attendance and TV ratings to be down for this game.

Game against Chicago has 14K viewers on TV. If it gets any lower Bell and Rogers might start broadcasting a fireplace video in lieu of broadcasting TFC games.

Fort York Redcoat
09-21-2014, 05:34 AM
are played atBMO

+1

Streamers and "who are ya?!?" chants like old times!

With all this talk about it I went to 9 different stores. Some had them, some didn't.

I wouldn't bother with any on Eglinton to Bathurst this month - They're sold out.

Cal let me know where you're gonna be so I can put them around yours.

See you at Joes

OgtheDim
09-21-2014, 07:30 AM
Rain, as expected. If you look at the weather network, the hourly projections are saying rain for the whole of today. There will be no sun.

BUT, there is hope.

Currently, radar projection is calling for thunderstorms during the mornng with a let up around 1:30. This current band is moving pretty quickly as it was over Lake Michigan 6 hours ago.

There looks like a second line that will be forming over Michigan around 1:30. The questions will be whether that line develops into a big wave of storms and will it pass us as the weird hump in the jet stream that is bringing this rain gets east of us.

http://i.imgur.com/TVDY9H1.png

Interpret as you will.

There is no doubt this rain is going to keep the crowd down. Whether it will keep those of us who will be going quiet is another matter.

OgtheDim
09-21-2014, 09:27 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByEBygDCEAE1sQC.jpg:large

Camo - kind of- kits today.

OgtheDim
09-21-2014, 09:35 AM
And the weather clears up quicker then expected. Radar indicating no rain now until after 6 pm. Cloud cover breaking up.

And its bright and sunny up here in North York.

:scarf:

ChrisFizik
09-21-2014, 09:42 AM
thanks for the weather chatter, I'm trying not to let the stormthreat bum me out

good morning all - Sunday Match Day!
A few freshly processed snaps from back in August to start the day

http://i.imgur.com/EVUoUVf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4ayfRY6.jpg

We go into today's as-important-as-ever match with hope. General Bradley was tasked with appealing to the masses...... we're in this together. Trying to keep the faith and hope to see vibes like this.

Gazza
09-21-2014, 10:15 AM
Don't do it!

I've framed my Kevin Harmse jersey.

JayMolly
09-21-2014, 10:20 AM
Match Day!!! Not thrilled it is on a Sunday, but nevertheless, TFC and fans/supporters need a win today!
J&M

Stress
09-21-2014, 12:15 PM
TFC major favourites with the bookies @ 1.36. Biggest favourite of the weekend.

No Torres is a nice break. I'm hoping for a 2 goal cushion by half so the 2nd can be a party with no anxiety.

shwade
09-21-2014, 12:21 PM
TFC major favourites with the bookies @ 1.36. Biggest favourite of the weekend.

No Torres is a nice break. I'm hoping for a 2 goal cushion by half so the 2nd can be a party with no anxiety.

That would be nice but we can't have nice things.

Richard
09-21-2014, 12:40 PM
The first goal is going to be so important for this team, I'm not sure we can recover from going 1 down, all the pressure is on TFC.

mowe
09-21-2014, 01:20 PM
The @ExpediaCA (https://twitter.com/ExpediaCA) Starting XI: Bendik, Bloom, Hagglund, Caldwell, Morrow, Lovitz, Bradley, Osorio, Jackson, Gilberto, Moore. #TFClive (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFClive?src=hash)

Oduro got replaced by Moore last minute.

Yohan
09-21-2014, 01:28 PM
interesting. no Henry?

portu
09-21-2014, 01:35 PM
interesting. no Henry?

Pissed off about this^

and the crazy amount of minutes lovitz gets

barticusz
09-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Interesting that vanney rates hagg over henry

Yohan
09-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Odds of Sturgis or Avila scoring on tfc? Pretty high

Yohan
09-21-2014, 01:58 PM
Interesting that vanney rates hagg over henry
I guess vanney want to reduce the risk of getting hit with a pk or red card again lol

19Barrett19
09-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Finally a formation change 4-1-2-1-2

jabbronies
09-21-2014, 02:07 PM
anyone have a stream?

RealG-TFC
09-21-2014, 02:07 PM
any streams for this one?

portu
09-21-2014, 02:11 PM
if u need a stream for anything ever use wiziwig and from there they give a shit ton of links of links for the same game i use it to watch benfica

heres a link http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&discipline=football

0bl1vious
09-21-2014, 02:12 PM
Hi-def VLC stream

http://nlds43.cdnak.neulion.com/nlds/mls/torontofc/as/live/torontofc_hd_3000.m3u8

jabbronies
09-21-2014, 02:16 PM
there's a delay, but it's not bad so far: http://www.wiz1.net/channel9

portu
09-21-2014, 02:20 PM
shameful dive by lovitz there

lobo
09-21-2014, 02:20 PM
Hi-def VLC stream

http://nlds43.cdnak.neulion.com/nlds/mls/torontofc/as/live/torontofc_hd_3000.m3u8

awesome stream ... where do you find these VLC stream links?

NolbertoS
09-21-2014, 02:25 PM
My god, what the heck happened to the crowds?? Did people only care to watch Defoe, rather than the team?? Its so depressing.

flamehawk
09-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Just arrived home and missed the first 15 min unfortunately, how are we playing?

mowe
09-21-2014, 02:38 PM
HUGE weight off the shoulders. Jackson puts TFC up 1-0.

flamehawk
09-21-2014, 02:39 PM
YESSSS! Jackson!!

Seemed sort of choppy before it, but that's an important goal. Gilberto back heels to JAckson who gets a deflection into the bottom right of the net!

portu
09-21-2014, 02:40 PM
I love gilberto watta backheel

ag futbol
09-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Not a great start but that goal should work wonders.

0bl1vious
09-21-2014, 02:41 PM
awesome stream ... where do you find these VLC stream links?

Redditors have been consistently posting VLC streams for MLS games lately.

www.reddit.com/r/mls

portu
09-21-2014, 02:45 PM
when you think about it we drafted really well this year... like if there were rankings for this stuff we would be atleast top 3 all things considered

ag futbol
09-21-2014, 02:46 PM
Nice to see this team start to work it around the 18 yard box a little bit rather than simply setting for the lazy and most direct route possible.

portu
09-21-2014, 02:47 PM
Moore so close

mowe
09-21-2014, 02:53 PM
Maaaan I really hope Osorio doesnt re-aggravate his hamstring

SoccerMan
09-21-2014, 02:54 PM
what do i need to play that reddit stream?? when i use it in VLC player it tells me it cannot read the file!

flamehawk
09-21-2014, 02:55 PM
what do i need to play that reddit stream?? when i use it in VLC player it tells me it cannot read the file!

Media->Open Network Stream

Can't just open the file.

SoccerMan
09-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Media->Open Network Stream

Can't just open the file.

ahh thank you bless

flamehawk
09-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Oh shit, so close from Avila .. and it would've been no surprise. Ball ended up right in front of the net but Avila skies it under pressure from Hagg

Feel like we need a bit of a cushion or risk tobias time..

QBall
09-21-2014, 02:59 PM
Wow Avila was close

ag futbol
09-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Wow, was that a designed set play? That's a good sign.

mowe
09-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Thank God for Chivas.

QBall
09-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Gooooooooooooaallllllllll moore!

flamehawk
09-21-2014, 03:03 PM
YSESSSSSSSS! THat was soothe some nerves! Moore puts it in from a corner. Taken by BRadley, the ball ends up far post is headed back in the middle from Bloom right to the foot of Moore who slides it in.

ag futbol
09-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Thank God for Chivas.
Really is an overmatched team in most areas of the field.

Maybe 3-4 guys max who are starter quality for most MLS teams.

QBall
09-21-2014, 03:07 PM
Avila had a moment of hope, but beyond that Chivas showing why they're in, and will continue, to occupy last place. I guess them being suspended next year is a blessing. Reds need top continue on the attack to build up momentum for the next game.

jloome
09-21-2014, 03:07 PM
I think they're playing really well; certainly the best movement we've had in a long time, maybe ever. WE've had a couple of brain freezes, but I like the style.

azorean
09-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Chivas is horrid, sabbatical might not be the worst thing for them.wow.

Yohan
09-21-2014, 03:10 PM
It's been a glorified scrimmage for tfc. Thank god for slump busters fc

Oldtimer
09-21-2014, 03:12 PM
I think they're playing really well; certainly the best movement we've had in a long time, maybe ever. WE've had a couple of brain freezes, but I like the style.
I like the syle a lot too, very RSL-like. It feels though that they are still learning it, essentially the team is in late pre-season.

Chivas just hurts my eyes to watch. A mostly USL-quality and dispirited bunch. It felt like they had given up before the game even started.

TFC has been playing down to them somewhat. They've really lacked urgency.

azorean
09-21-2014, 03:17 PM
This game Is what was said earlier, a glorified scrimmage, i'll take the points but really looking forward to see how this team performs next week.

flamehawk
09-21-2014, 03:24 PM
I wonder if we take off Bradley for Crevelle in 60th-70th to avoid suspension? If we get a third goal, I really think we should do so.

azorean
09-21-2014, 03:29 PM
Wtf?....is chivas even trying? Down 2-0 and no pressure on the ball. MLS best to shut this team down if they can't sell it.

bigredone
09-21-2014, 03:29 PM
Fantastico!

flamehawk
09-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Yesssss! 3-0! Gilberto poaches from the right side of the net.

Time to take off Bradley I think.

flamehawk
09-21-2014, 03:31 PM
And happy to see Avila off, in case the curse of former players scoring on us continues

Jpexxx
09-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Gilberto is looking strong today.

Missed most of the first half mind you.

flamehawk
09-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Damn, would've been a nice goal, some great passing, and then Gilberto does an amazing run not giving up on a pass back heeling it to Moore who blasts it.

azorean
09-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Happy tfc is gonna win, if nothing else than for confidence sake, but something is seriously wrong with Chivas. MLS better pull the plug on this team. Their effort is almost farcical.I like to win but this is literally no competition.

flamehawk
09-21-2014, 03:41 PM
uh oh ... looked like Jackson kciked out at ... ok ya red .. fuck, wtf toronto

Super
Happy tfc is gonna win, if nothing else than for confidence sake, but something is seriously wrong with Chivas. MLS better pull the plug on this team. Their effort is almost farcical.I like to win but this is literally no competition.

How the league has been feeling about us. ;)

mowe
Double red. This kind of shit was inevitable. Can't really argue too much. Jackson hit Reo-Cocker with a nut shot.

ag futbol
09-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Shows you what happens when the refs aren't up to par. Ref misses obstruction call on jackson, misses two footed challenge by jackson, catches handbags between two players. Could have all been stopped if he had observed what was happening in the first place.

flamehawk
09-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Jackson has played great for us this game and I feel will be a loss not to have in against Portland. He really has to maintain his temper, I get that the ref hasn't controlled the game well but your putting this team at a disadvantage not just this gmae but our hopes at playoffs. Commentators suggest that it might not just be a one game suspension..

azorean
09-21-2014, 03:46 PM
How the league has been feeling about us. ;)

I don't think we were ever this bad, it is like they forfeited before the game began.

gate7
09-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Double red. This kind of shit was inevitable. Can't really argue too much. Jackson hit Reo-Cocker with a nut shot.

and a face slap……..Jackson is officially a goof.

RealG-TFC
09-21-2014, 03:47 PM
It wasn't that bad, don't get why they are suggesting more then one game. I doubt he gets a multiple game suspension, besides the league owes us for the Chicago fiasco.

flamehawk
09-21-2014, 03:49 PM
It wasn't that bad, don't get why they are suggesting more then one game. I doubt he gets a multiple game suspension, besides the league owes us for the Chicago fiasco.

I don't think its specific to the incident but more about the slap that happened after or "striking an opponent" as one TFC reporter called it.

v00d00daddy
09-21-2014, 03:49 PM
I'm loving that we've got three points. Don't care that chivas suck...we should beat teams that suck and we are. I liked the lineup chosen too.
6 game to go to earn the playoffs.

flamehawk
09-21-2014, 03:52 PM
Whose the two commentators for this game? Apparently one is in the coaching staff for Canada?

Gazza
09-21-2014, 03:53 PM
Jackson is quite the selfish bonehead. Realize the situation and act accordingly. Very unprofessional.

__wowza
09-21-2014, 03:55 PM
i fucking hate missing home games.

ag futbol
09-21-2014, 04:00 PM
I know it's late and the game is all but decided, but I would like it if we weren't getting so lazy.

flamehawk
09-21-2014, 04:01 PM
I know it's late and the game is all but decided, but I would like it if we weren't getting so lazy.

Exactly what I was about to post. Chivas maintaining possession..

azorean
09-21-2014, 04:05 PM

You still watching? Nothing to take away from this game.Opposition was nonexistent.Next week will tell the tale.

RealG-TFC
09-21-2014, 04:05 PM
^^ Can't help but think Jackson would have kept lively. I know he's out by his own design for being a bonehead, but he's our bonehead and generally he's pretty useful.

Gazza
09-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Jackson will be useless to us next game, at the very least. Every game from here on in is important. Apparently not that important to Jackson.

mowe
Nice to win but let's not lose sight of the fact that we're still 7th.

ag futbol
You still watching? Nothing to take away from this game.Opposition was nonexistent.Next week will tell the tale.
I am. The point is you end the game strong and control the game for 90. Not sit back and let them do what they want because we'll probably get the win.
This team is changing the way it plays mid season, it needs to be focused on creating good habits.

Oldtimer
09-21-2014, 04:19 PM
I don't think we were ever this bad, it is like they forfeited before the game began.

Yes we were, during the 2007 goal-less streak. Ironically, the lowest point in that streak was the game against Chivas, where we had to temporarily draft Rick Titus (then an amateur player) to have enough players to play that game, if my memory serves me right.

We haven't been that bad since then, not even during the infamous Winter streak.

azorean
09-21-2014, 04:19 PM

I am. The point is you end the game strong and control the game for 90. Not sit back and let them do what they want because we'll probably get the win.
This team is changing the way it plays mid season, it needs to be focused on creating good habits.

OK, I agree. Let's just hope they carry what they've learned forward to next week when they face some real competition.

I would be really concerned as a league carrying a team like chivas right now.no pushback or competiveness whatsoever.

NolbertoS
09-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Now thats the TFC, I love watching. Who needs Defoe, just ship him back and go after anothet Gilberto type player in the off season. No more gloried EPL over the hill stars.

Gazza
09-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Now thats the TFC, I love watching. Who needs Defoe, just ship him back and go after anothet Gilberto type player in the off season. No more gloried EPL over the hill stars.

Is this the same Defoe who is leading our team in scoring?

NolbertoS
09-21-2014, 04:34 PM

Leading or not, he doesn't wanna be here. All Gilberto needed was confidence and a deflated team as a punching bag. If TFC could also get an attackin midfielder, I could say Gilberto could crack Camilo's goal ouput. Not even Defoe, with all the hype, couldn't even equal the quality goals of a small no name brasilian on a worse team last year.

Bardown Snipes
09-21-2014, 04:35 PM
That was a well deserved 3 points! Our playoff hopes are still alive, fun game to watch

Gazza
09-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Leading or not, he doesn't wanna be here. All Gilberto needed was confidence and a deflated team as a punching bag. If TFC could also get an attackin midfielder, I could say Gilberto could crack Camilo's goal ouput. Not even Defoe, with all the hype, couldn't even equal the quality goals of a small no name brasilian on a worse team last year.

I just took issue with you saying he's over the hill when there are quite a few BPL teams lining up for his services. When healthy, he's probably the deadliest striker in the MLS. He was a great pick up by Toronto. But if we are honest with ourselves, what MLS player WOULDN'T want to leave the MLS for a top European league while making more or the same pay? You think Gilberto wouldn't opt out if he knew a La Liga team was after him? And he could make the same or even more money than he's making now?

SKB
09-21-2014, 04:49 PM
I was at the game and RPB's were fantastic today. I loved O Canada at the end.

azorean
09-21-2014, 04:51 PM

Be glib all you like but I agree with him. Another Gilberto type would suit this team just fine. He is everything Defoe appears not to be.he is hard working, not as injury prone, committed, a team first player, along with being talented. Won't even touch on what he is costing us compared to Defoe.Take away defoes pk attempts and Gilberto would be very close to being our leading goalscorer right now.

NolbertoS
09-21-2014, 04:55 PM

I just took issue with you saying he's over the hill when there are quite a few BPL teams lining up for his services. When healthy, he's probably the deadliest striker in the MLS. He was a great pick up by Toronto. But if we are honest with ourselves, what MLS player WOULDN'T want to leave the MLS for a top European league while making more or the same pay? You think Gilberto wouldn't opt out if he knew a La Liga team was after him? And he could make the same or even more money than he's making now?

Well Defoe will be 32 and in soccer terms thay close to being over the hill. While Gilberto is 25 and still has many years ahead of him. If Gilberto gets interest from La Liga, than by all means, sell him if the price is right as selling a player to a top league would do wonders for TFC's brand. If any EPL teama want him, looking at his age, his injuries, his fitness, I'd rather get as much for Defoe before his value is junk status. He may have lit it up in the EPL, awhile back, but fitness and stamina don't last. Rathet TFC focus efforts down south for young, cheap players that will be more hungrier to prove themselves than a Defoe.

Jack
09-21-2014, 05:01 PM
We won a must-win game. Yes, Chvas are shit, but we kept ourselves in he hunt. Keep the faith.

ManUtd4ever
09-21-2014, 05:10 PM
Crucial three points, and our playoff hopes are still alive.

The next few games will obviously be a much more difficult task based on the quality of the competition, but at least it was somewhat encouraging to see TFC dominate an inferior opponent for 90 minutes. I wasn't so sure that was going to be the case going into this match.

Let's hope the boys will continue to build their confidence moving forward.

ManUtd4ever
09-21-2014, 05:39 PM
It's such a shame we were robbed last week against Chicago. Those 2 extra points would be huge for us in the standings right now.

Qman
09-21-2014, 05:58 PM

Give me a break ... this is the same guy who had a biggest FLOP thread on this forum for most of the season.

notthesun
09-21-2014, 06:01 PM
Fun game to attend. Loved our play and that we didn't sit back after scoring the first.

I was in the corner that Lovitz was attacking in the first half, he was fantastic. Would've had an assist if not for the crossbar.

Love Gilberto, he was all over the pitch today.

East York
09-21-2014, 06:11 PM
i fucking hate missing home games.

You aren't alone, the place was half empty

Mark TFC
09-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Great performance by our boys today. No one had an off match and we looked solid throughout the park. Anyone else taking a liking to Lovitz? The guy shows real hustle and that "get up" gesture he made to the Chivas defender after sliding in for a ball that ended up going out for a goal kick was awesome! Great to see our guys busting their asses out there. I know it's Chivas but a win is a win and a solid performance is a solid performance. And hey, we kept a clean sheet!

OgtheDim
09-21-2014, 06:57 PM
You aren't alone, the place was half empty

Nah....it looked like about 15K.

PopePouri
09-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Really liking what Vanney brings to the table. We actually broke a team down who sat deep. We only scored one goal all season off a set play prior and this game we get 2. Both were planned as well.

OgtheDim
09-21-2014, 07:05 PM
I had one issue with something I saw in this game.

Lovitz. He wants off in the second half. So, what does he do? He, on purpose, kicks a ball out that he had the chance to take down to the line. Then he goes and gets himself a yellow.

Not impressed.

Loved how he played, but that bit bugs me.

Jack
09-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Kudos to those supporters who brought their A game today. It was tough to get the top rows of 113 on board, but I think we made some decent progress. Full Marks to Pete for his job on the capo stand with a very apathetic crowd outside of 112. The top rows of 113 responded well to positive treatment and encouragement.

flatpicker
09-21-2014, 07:50 PM
Good dominating game, even if it was a week opponent. We needed this. We gained a couple points on Union and keep pace with the Crew; 3 points back with a game in hand. This is still doable. Portland and LA will be tough, so here's hoping confidence is up in the locker room.

Qman
09-21-2014, 07:52 PM
Nah....it looked like about 15K.

i was going to say maybe 10-11k. not good. I guess everyone else has given up.
I counted just 50 people in my section, though its usually filled with new people every week which get tickets given to them. kind of frustrating.

We better bring our A game next week ... Portland is hot and just destroyed vancouver.

Jack
09-21-2014, 07:53 PM
We have to hold chants longer.

notthesun
09-21-2014, 07:58 PM
I thought Jackson was great today, btw. It's too bad he's a bonehead.

Jack
09-21-2014, 08:28 PM
I thought Jackson was great today, btw. It's too bad he's a bonehead.
He was very Jackson.

Globetrotter
09-21-2014, 08:31 PM

Jermain Defoe (http://www.torontofc.ca/players/jermain-defoe)

Gilberto (http://www.torontofc.ca/players/gilberto-oliveira-souza-junior)

Luke Moore (http://www.torontofc.ca/players/luke-moore)

Subtract the PK goals (3) from his 11. Defoe's got company.

Hamilton_Red
09-21-2014, 08:50 PM
For me next week against Portland is a true test. They have been playing well - the Western division is substantially better than the east. If we can get 3 point next week - then we will make the playoffs.

anto7
09-21-2014, 08:51 PM
So next weekend, NE is at KC, Philly is at DC and Red Bulls are at LA. There is a really good chance that they all drop 3 pts. If we can get the win against Portland we could really be in the mix again (not that we are not now)

mowe
09-21-2014, 09:17 PM
So next weekend, NE is at KC, Philly is at DC and Red Bulls are at LA. There is a really good chance that they all drop 3 pts. If we can get the win against Portland we could really be in the mix again (not that we are not now)

Good point. Plus we have LA the week after, so getting some points vs Portland would be great. Timbers have a midweek CCL game too.

anto7
09-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Good point. Plus we have LA the week after, so getting some points vs Portland would be great. Timbers have a midweek CCL game too.
Did not know the Timbers have a midweek game, that's good for us. Hopefully it's away in some hell hole ��

SKB
09-21-2014, 09:30 PM
In praise of Gilberto. I thought he was magnificent today. His work rate was fantastic, set up goals, scored a goal and played at both ends of the pitch. He is getting better as the season progresses.

MartinUtd
09-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Good win but lets face it; against that Chivas starting XI, we can count on as much solace as when Man United beat QPR last week.

Also, Jackson is fucking mental. That scissor tackle was an attempt at breaking Reo-Coker's leg. I don't care if he got shoved off the ball 10 seconds earlier or that RC got red carded too, I don't want to see that kind of shit. Aggressiveness is good but stupidity fueled malice is not what I want to see from this club.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Why not specific player chants anymore? I'd love a Gilberto chant, even if it's just "Gilberto" clap clap, "Gilberto".

Jackson should partner Bradley in the middle and Osorio should be pushed out wide.

OgtheDim
09-21-2014, 09:55 PM
i was going to say maybe 10-11k. not good. I guess everyone else has given up.
I counted just 50 people in my section, though its usually filled with new people every week which get tickets given to them. kind of frustrating.

Did you count at the beginning of the game or at around the 30 minute mark? I was in 113 today, looked over around then and noticed that 221 was about what it would be normally.

Its all anecdotal and opinion of course.

I agree on our A game - Portland wants that 3 points as much as we do. I think we will be in trouble defensively against that lot.

Jack
09-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Why not specific player chants anymore? I'd love a Gilberto chant, even if it's just "Gilberto" clap clap, "Gilberto".

Jackson should partner Bradley in the middle and Osorio should be pushed out wide.

We chanted a Gilberto chant, but it didn't get much beyond 112.

Jack
09-21-2014, 10:48 PM
Watching the match again, I think Jackson had a solid one. Too bad he blew it with the red. We could use his energy against Portland.

dupont
09-21-2014, 11:23 PM
It is easy to beat Chivas but you can't take anything for granted in MLS. TFC needed a statement win especially against a weak team like that. A loss or even a tie against such a bad team would have been devastating. They did exactly what they had to do so I hope they can use this for confidence and get some momentum back

MartinUtd
09-21-2014, 11:38 PM
Good point, hopefully this could be the starting point of some momentum. Enough time has passed now that the end of summer silly season is firmly in the rear view mirror. The team seemed more focused and that was evident in their possession and improved link up play. Giving Lovitz the start was a great idea given how hungry the kid is and because it will push Oduro to up his game. Kid had a great game. He drew sent in some good balls, drew fowls, won corners and generally owned the flank.

hulkrogan
09-21-2014, 11:43 PM
A tentative start, and a lack of urgency for about 8 minutes near the end, but otherwise a completely solid end to end effort. The best part? After the first goal the team looked relaxed and comfortable with the ball. The panic was gone, and the first touches showed it. Very little sloppy play or careless turnovers. And a clean sheet! We look so much more organized in the back with Caldwell and Morrow in the back. All of our top scorers are scoring. This game sets the table for the rest of the season and gives them a chance. All you could ask of today was delivered. Now another nervous week waiting for the weekend. Hopefully people come back out to BMO to see out the rest of the year.

3 points back with a game in hand on everyone we are chasing. We control our own destiny.

Derko
09-22-2014, 04:31 AM
Jackson will be useless to us next game, at the very least. Every game from here on in is important. Apparently not that important to Jackson.

Heat of the moment, but Gazza that is a bit narrow minded of you, in my opinion, as noted above he is a nutter, but he is our nutter.

Fort York Redcoat
09-22-2014, 08:36 AM

Awesome. I was trying to figure out a smooth way to just throw up all the new player chants that worked yesterday. Thanks to all that tried them out again and grew them that tiny bit bigger. We'll keep it up and hopefully more will hear us.

of course there was Dichio and DeRo but then these newbies came out to play:

Yankee General (Yankee Doodle)

Yankee General came to town
You can't afford him saaaadly
Nails a pass from 40yds
His name is Michael Bradley

Osario(The Right Stuff)

Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh
O sar I O
Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh
Osario

2 Morrow(Tomorrow from Annie)

2 Morrow, 2 Morrow,
We love ya
2 Morrow
We just love the way you playyyyyyyy

Dom Dom...(Come and Go with me)

Dom dom dom dom
dom bee doobee
Dom dom dom dom dom
dom bee doobie
Dom dom dom dom dom
dom bee doobie dom
Whoa whoa whoa whoooooooaaaaooooooooh

And the tweaked B-E-N-D-I-K(This old man)

B-E-N-D-I-K
Bendik's here to save the day
with a knick knack patty whack
HE'S A WALL OF STONE
Go on *insert opposition name here*
F**K OFF HOME

When coming up with the Gilberto chant we use the nickname all the players call him - Gila

Gila(Disco Samba by Two Man Sound)

http://youtu.be/Hf_984sMvQg?t=4m43s (http://youtu.be/Hf_984sMvQg?t=4m43s)

Ohhhhhhh
WAAoohhhh
oh oh
Gila, Gila, Gila

repeat until dead

Next game we'll get the drum involved and it will last longer.

The most player chants we've had all year folks, Thank you!

Phil
09-22-2014, 08:49 AM

ya, take Defoes 3 pk....then add the one taken away from Gilberto...dead heat.

akoto
09-22-2014, 09:32 AM
A few pics I took yesterday.

http://i.imgur.com/SWdZ5ru.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FMsbdoq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/szWpiO8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ndErNYs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IGILEoa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tK6FxT1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zlJAknL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5QUyf9x.jpg

Ajax TFC
09-22-2014, 09:34 AM

And if you factor in assists, Defoe has two, Moore and Gilberto each have four

BuSaPuNk
09-22-2014, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=akoto;1696272]A few pics I took yesterday.

http://i.imgur.com/tK6FxT1.jpg

Looks like Parky was going to slug me or needs to hit the bathroom hahaha

Great pics that's for that.

MKR
09-22-2014, 09:58 AM
i think Defoe has been good when he's played, but i also think Gilberto has been pretty much 'as effective'. In certain aspects of the game he has brought more than Defoe (he's less selfish, harder worker, etc). If i was to pick one of them to keep and one to sell, i would keep Gilberto quite honestly - especially if you consider their respective futures with the club.

Yohan
09-22-2014, 10:01 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/mls/story/?id=462360

Always a bit of locker room drama *sigh*

burlington Red
09-22-2014, 10:04 AM
And if you factor in assists, Defoe has two, Moore and Gilberto each have four

Defoe got 11 in 16 games

ManUtd4ever
09-22-2014, 10:09 AM

Meh, it happens all the time. Bradley and Caldwell are both passionate leaders on the pitch, so it's not surprising.

shwade
09-22-2014, 10:13 AM

Caldwell prob giving him shit for not winning when he had the armband.

Phil
09-22-2014, 10:29 AM

Bradley was coming way to far back to pick up the ball from Caldwell. You can lay money on that being an issue.

OgtheDim
09-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Meh...controversy sells. Two guys argue, they keep arguing after the game. Then they spend the next 6 days talking to each other at practice. This will be dead by Tuesday.

Abou Sky
09-23-2014, 09:06 PM
Haven't been posting much, but we rocked!

That was the most fun I have had at a TFC game in a while.

Massive props to us!

spe18
09-24-2014, 08:27 AM

Did not know the Timbers have a midweek game, that's good for us. Hopefully it's away in some hell hole ��

Except that:

1) Game was in Portland; and

2) "Things also went according to plan as far as squad rotation, with Porter fielding a lineup of mostly reserves and young players, along with a few part-time starters, such as Maximiliano Urruti, Fernandez and second-half substitutes Adi and Rodney Wallace."

http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/article/2014/09/24/concacaf-champions-league-portland-timbers-pleased-professional-approach-big