PDA

View Full Version : MLS in Financial Trouble? TFC to Fold? [discussion of a stupid video]

flamehawk
09-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Came across this video on nextstarsports -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckkt6gEqG84&list=UU-INXlc7ng5XUaDWwaPKDeg

Lmao, who are these people? And why are they getting so mad?

Some of the most uneducated people in terms of MLS and international football in this video.

-50k average attendance in Europe?
-All DP wages split between all MLS teams?

wtf

Qman
09-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Came across this video on nextstarsports -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckkt6gEqG84&list=UU-INXlc7ng5XUaDWwaPKDeg

Lmao, who are these people? And why are they getting so mad?

Some of the most uneducated people in terms of MLS and international football in this video.

-50k average attendance in Europe?
-All DP wages split between all MLS teams?

wtf

these guys are idiots. why even post this.

One thing, what is the league going to do with Chivas. No one wants them. They are averaging 500 actual fans a game (not joking .. i have seen a number of their home games). Are they going to fold them? Move them? Give their players to NYC and OC?

flamehawk
09-11-2014, 08:46 PM
these guys are idiots. why even post this.

One thing, what is the league going to do with Chivas. No one wants them. They are averaging 500 actual fans a game (not joking .. i have seen a number of their home games). Are they going to fold them? Move them? Give their players to NYC and OC?

Was surprised, since I always thought NSS was a decent outfit, went on there looking for the latest Totera video, and he offers great analysis on TFC/MLS.

I thought the league had already secured new owners for Chivas and is simply waiting for the end of the season to announce owner/rebranding. The league doesn't want the team to move out of LA .. though with talks of how Sacremento have secured a MLS franchise, you'd think they logical choice would just be to move Chivas there.

reggie
09-11-2014, 08:51 PM
ASSCLOWNS:drinking::facepalm:

MartinUtd
09-11-2014, 10:47 PM
It would make more sense to fold Chivas since the league bought them for something like $68m but new teams fetch $100m and probably beyond.

ag futbol
09-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Nothing makes you more of an an authority on sports than selling D-grade beer and F-grade energy drink.

Yohan
09-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Let's review the content before giving hits to retards.

reggie
09-11-2014, 11:34 PM
I miss the BLIZZARDS

flamehawk
09-11-2014, 11:54 PM
Let's review the content before giving hits to retards.

I probably shouldn't have given them the attention, but it was so ridicules to the point of hilarity. :/

Cashcleaner
09-12-2014, 02:37 AM
Ugh, what a bunch of fucking morons. Here's my reponse on the Youtube page:

I honestly can't even figure out where to start with all these inaccuracies, so instead I'll say this:

If Major League Soccer was such a bad investment and losing all this money that the ignorant caller claims, why are so many cities and ownership groups all over the continent throwing in bids for their own franchise?

Next year a second New York MLS team will be playing it's first season along with Orlando. In 2017 Arthur Blank's new club in Atlanta will play their first season. And the expansion group in Miami will likely start operations shortly after that. There's also a group in Sacramento that wants to move the Chivas USA franchise to that city amongst several others.

So again I ask: If MLS is making no money or will not make money, how come so many people see MLS expansion as a good investment? Fuck, and that's not even touching on the existing clubs now that are upgrading and expanding their current stadia - or even building new ones in some cases.

Seriously. I mean, the guys behind most of these expansion bids have a bit of experience when it comes to how to make money. Obviously, MLS is a pretty fucking good investment seeing how many are wanting to grab their own franchise.

Dunkers
09-12-2014, 03:51 AM
Haha! Frank D'Angelo didnt know how to run a brewery, or a energy drink company, but he is the go to guy on questions about the financial viability of a soccer league!!

Cashcleaner
09-12-2014, 04:08 AM
^ He's like a poor man's Canadian Donald Trump. How many businesses of his have gone under again?

Defoe
09-12-2014, 05:04 AM
awful content, if Toronto were close to folding they would have sold Defoe.

BuSaPuNk
09-12-2014, 08:16 AM
Was surprised, since I always thought NSS was a decent outfit, went on there looking for the latest Totera video, and he offers great analysis on TFC/MLS

Usually are good shows has El President Phil on a lot and always have time for TFC and Canadian national teams ect. Totera is no hard hitting journo but he's at least putting coverage out there that's pretty balanced.

GabrielHurl
09-12-2014, 09:15 AM
where to start with that fucking gong show? when I saw the name Frank D'Angelo - I should have closed the page

OfficeGuy
09-12-2014, 09:16 AM
This guy loves to buy himself airtime anywhere at anythime to hear himself talk - once I saw D'Angelo on this feed, I shut it off

Ajax TFC
09-12-2014, 09:53 AM
That guy basically became a somebody by showing his face everywhere pretending to be a somebody.

BuSaPuNk
09-12-2014, 11:37 AM
That guy basically became a somebody by showing his face everywhere pretending to be a somebody.

Guys got money though. Used to order stuff from my work. Jeez guy has money yo burn you would be amazed.

OgtheDim
09-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Guys got credit.

Not the same as money.

TOBOR !
09-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Four guys who know nothing about MLS sit around and talk about it for 10 minutes.