PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Playoff Teams

barticusz
09-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Where do we sit?

DCU and SKC are a lock to make the playoffs. New England is on a great run of form right now and have added Jermaine Jones which only helps them. They will make the playoffs.

Philadelphia has good depth throughout their lineup and have only lost 1 of their last 8 games. The majority of their matches are at home where they've won 4 straight. They will make the playoffs.

The final spot is up for grabs, Toronto FC, Columbus Crew and NYRB. Who takes it?

NYRB have 6 of their last 9 at home. Yikes. Columbus Crew have 8 games remaining 4 home and away. We've got 9 games left with 5 at home.

We need Bez to acquire some CB help because our current group is too young.

azorean
09-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Where do we sit?

DCU and SKC are a lock to make the playoffs. New England is on a great run of form right now and have added Jermaine Jones which only helps them. They will make the playoffs.

Philadelphia has good depth throughout their lineup and have only lost 1 of their last 8 games. The majority of their matches are at home where they've won 4 straight. They will make the playoffs.

The final spot is up for grabs, Toronto FC, Columbus Crew and NYRB. Who takes it?

NYRB have 6 of their last 9 at home. Yikes. Columbus Crew have 8 games remaining 4 home and away. We've got 9 games left with 5 at home.

We need Bez to acquire some CB help because our current group is too young.

A win is imperative on Saturday to stay above the red line. New york plays a slumping kc at home while Columbus faces a woeful Chivas at home. Could be on the outside looking in come Monday.

Joe Kool
09-04-2014, 04:24 PM
I can't see things changing much from the current form TFC have since the injuries are not long term but long enough to be nagging and reoccurring if they rush the players back at all. Our injuries are in the positions that really hurt us too. The coaching change won't make much difference in the next 9 games in my opinion. I think we will just miss the playoffs again. Normally I am more optimistic but I think OP predictions are pretty good and Columbus gets the final spot. I would like to be totally wrong though...

barticusz
09-04-2014, 04:32 PM
I can't see things changing much from the current form TFC have since the injuries are not long term but long enough to be nagging and reoccurring if they rush the players back at all. Our injuries are in the positions that really hurt us too. The coaching change won't make much difference in the next 9 games in my opinion. I think we will just miss the playoffs again. Normally I am more optimistic but I think OP predictions are pretty good and Columbus gets the final spot. I would like to be totally wrong though...

I have NY coming into the final spot in the playoffs (whatever the order may be). They have enough homes games that they're going to come away with at least a few more wins down the stretch.

Firing Nelson was the wrong move at this point in the season. I say this based on the information I have available to me. The one thing I wanted this year was some form of consistency with the coaching and they just couldn't do that.

portu
09-04-2014, 06:34 PM
We need 6 wins out of 8 or 5 wins and 2 draws out of 8 in order to reach the 50 point mark. We need to go on an absolutely stellar run of play in order to reach the playoffs.

ManUtd4ever
09-04-2014, 07:42 PM
We really blew it with all the dropped points while we were making up our games in hand. We were in a solid position at the WC break.

Fort York Redcoat
09-05-2014, 06:56 AM
NY has the best chance on paper. I like our chances with Columbus.

We win Sat and Philly is no shoe-in either.

ensco
09-05-2014, 07:09 AM
TFC have a pretty easy schedule. Only one game left against top teams (Galaxy)