PDA

View Full Version : Deal reached with CSA to keep Henry with TFC, replaced with Attakora

notthesun
09-01-2014, 12:21 PM
From the CSA twitter account (https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/506486718766137344):

"Change to the current #canMNT roster: Doneil Henry from @torontofc has been replaced by Nana Attakora of @dcunited"

Excellent news as we'll sorely need him with Caldwell out. Well done to TFC and the CSA for working something out.

Red CB Toronto
09-01-2014, 12:28 PM
From the CSA twitter account (https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/506486718766137344):

"Change to the current #canMNT roster: Doneil Henry from @torontofc has been replaced by Nana Attakora of @dcunited"

Excellent news as we'll sorely need him with Caldwell out. Well done to TFC and the CSA for working something out.

In all honesty he could still join Canada after the Philly games, so even playing in the Jamaica he would have not missed any MLS action.

Pint
09-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Morgan staying as well

v00d00daddy
09-01-2014, 04:48 PM
So TFC contributes nothing of interest to our national team. Bekker, dero and third string keeper. Nobody that plays for us.

I know people want to make the playoffs and put club before country...you're entitled to your opinon.

But those same people should not complain that we're 122nd in the FIFA rankings.

I bet benito floro figures TFC is not a help.

I'm torn cause I want us to win in the league but being so bad nationally is terrible.

I know it's only a friendly but we need to build a national team. Country before club.

OfficeGuy
09-01-2014, 05:40 PM
too much beaver was The thing for TFC and it did not help us qualify for RIO2014 ...... time for TFC to look out for itself ... this is a friendly with no bearing or reward for TFC players

Red CB Toronto
09-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Morgan staying as well

These will be uniform from what I gather next week for Canada, it is that they have been released from training this week as TFC has games vs. Philly. This is for a lot of countries a two game break.

Jack
09-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Given that our backline is decimated, I can understand keeping these young defenders here. Usually, I am all for guys getting NT opportunities, but there has to be some give and take, as well. And let's face it, Henry is young and is going to be a longtime member of our NT. Missing a friendly because the team that pays him desperately needs him in the lineup isn't going to damage his international prospects. MLS doesn't have a defender pool like it does with keepers g:D

Kaz
09-01-2014, 07:05 PM
So TFC contributes nothing of interest to our national team. Bekker, dero and third string keeper. Nobody that plays for us.

I know people want to make the playoffs and put club before country...you're entitled to your opinon.

But those same people should not complain that we're 122nd in the FIFA rankings.

I'm torn cause I want us to win in the league but being so bad nationally is terrible.

I know it's only a friendly but we need to build a national team. Country before club.

Dude it's an usual circumstance. With so many defenders injured it is what is needed. It is the right call... You have to balance the two.. in this case.. it's the respectful thing to do.

inheavensince07
09-01-2014, 07:48 PM

Could not agree more .... Canada first ..

mowe
09-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Since there isn't a replacement for Morgan I wonder if he'll join up with Canada after the game.