PDA

View Full Version : Give Smith A Chance

jmorgs88
07-23-2008, 01:14 AM
Maybe it is just me, but with Dichio out, Guevara playing more like a midfielder and Cunny clearly not getting the job done give smith a chance. Watch closely when he warms up in front of the south end and you can see that slowly but surely his passion and confidence are being sucked out.

At the moment nothing else is clicking, give the kid a chance

Cashcleaner
07-23-2008, 01:41 AM
I agree. Smith has drive. We need drive.

Benficachop20
07-23-2008, 02:05 AM
although i would prefer him over cunny, i don't think he'd be that much of an improvement. When he gets the ball he just looks straight down and runs which results a lot of lost possession, and his finishing isn't necessarily that much better from wat i've seen in the matches he's played.

Cashcleaner
07-23-2008, 02:13 AM
^ Yes and I totally agree, BUT....

Smith can learn and improve those skills now, while Cunningham is most decidely stuck in his ways.

noochie
07-23-2008, 09:48 AM
He has had his chances... he has appeared in 12 games and has 1 goal in 6 shots on net. Even Cunny has a better strike rate than that. He has also missed goal line attempts as well. The only thing he in fact does better than Cunny is put the ball on net instead of missing it completely.

I do agree that if he were ever able to find his touch that he may be dangerous, but I am not seeing it right now... we need "external" reinforcements.

Kickit09
07-23-2008, 09:52 AM
fuck that, we've already seen him blow enough chances in the few games he's played in. smith is the white cunningham.

Laurie79
07-23-2008, 10:45 AM
I think Carver shoulda put Smith in last nite. The whole crowd knew what to do, I'm surprised he couldn't figure it out. I'm no expert but when you're that close to making something happen in their end and the score is tied you don't sub in a fucking defender! Did he figure James had the best shot at putting one in the net?! wtf?

werewolf
07-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Watching Cunny play makes me think we should give Lombardo another chance....

13CP
07-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Im all for giving Smith a chance. He is better than Cunny by a mile.

olegunnar
07-23-2008, 11:00 AM
fuck that, we've already seen him blow enough chances in the few games he's played in. smith is the white cunningham.

Almost. Smith tries. Doesn't get him far...but he tries.
Still I half agree.
Cunny's miss last night was similar to Smith hitting the crossbar from 18 inches out against the shitcaps.

Jimmy The Saint
07-23-2008, 11:05 AM
I think Carver shoulda put Smith in last nite. The whole crowd knew what to do, I'm surprised he couldn't figure it out. I'm no expert but when you're that close to making something happen in their end and the score is tied you don't sub in a fucking defender! Did he figure James had the best shot at putting one in the net?! wtf?

Smith over Cunningham at the half. Carver decision to play Cunny any more this season is just stupid. MO should have his head examined; the first thing I should have read in the news section was "Cunningham Released".

Putting James in was desperation for something to happen. Smith is not the kind of guy that can be a target man, like Danny D. JJ was the best choice to bang one in; look at the bench choices it's awful as well.

JJ's got talent, and he too, like Ibby, is a young kid with evetything to prove.

reggie
07-23-2008, 11:09 AM
yes thats all we need another guy who misses 2 yrd sitters.
and a kiwi to boot,can't we find a canadian to miss all these 2 yrd sitters.

noochie
07-23-2008, 11:12 AM

ah... JJ hit the post and gave Cunningham a sitter... best chance of the second half.