PDA

View Full Version : Has Lieweke's Departure Precipitated a TFC Implosion?

Alonso
08-31-2014, 03:28 PM
So Lieweke was forced out, or so it seems.

Now Nelsen is fired along with the whole coaching staff.

Rumblings now that Defoe wants out because Lieweke sold him on something that is leaving\falling apart: http://www.cp24.com/sports/toronto-fc-fires-nelsen-as-well-as-entire-coaching-staff-after-public-rift-with-gm-1.1984998

Also from Ben Rycroft, rumours that Bradley also wants out, back to the US.

Is TFC imploding?

Should the board do an about turn and get Lieweke back on board?

WTF is going on here?

Pookie
08-31-2014, 03:42 PM
Leiweke was good on a number of fronts.

You have to be encouraged though that the managers are making decisions. The Defoe decision is the hardest one from a PR perspective but from a football prospective knowing the league rules, it needs to be made.

The fact that they are making it… now. With playoffs on the line and season tickets in the balance sort of leads me to feel that they are focused on football and not necessarily the business side of it.

Contrast that with Leiweke's offseason that was centered around season ticket renewals and delaying it to coincide with each other.

I am actually more optimistic about the future of this team today than I was 24 hrs ago.

ag futbol
08-31-2014, 03:54 PM
It looks bad, but we'll have to wait and see how things turn out.

Leiweke's plan was very flashy and not very functional on multiple levels. He might have stuck around to see it fail if he didn't return to LA.

Alonso
08-31-2014, 04:03 PM
I hope to God we hold onto Bradley and find some one who can play with Gilberto, either as an AM or as a striker.

But I'm worried that Leiweke, and now probably Defoe leaving will precipitate the team falling apart due to other players jumping ship.

The players on this team strike me as more resilient than that, but the question is there.

Detroit_TFC
08-31-2014, 04:45 PM
Not sure TL departure is causing Defoe to leave but it does reinforce his opinion if he was wanting to leave.

Who knows? If his move was all about getting into the England side for the WC, which obviously didn't work, then maybe this was gonna happen all along.

If didn't the experience wasn't what he expected, then he's much like quite a few DPs who have tried and never caught on.

It was a marketing-driven deal. It was risky. It's just unfortunate it didn't work out.

TFC Cityboy
08-31-2014, 04:51 PM
this club is fuckin toxic. end of

speckles
08-31-2014, 05:03 PM
The product has suffer on the field through lack of skilled players and depth all season. i actually thought the season was at a tipping point the game before last and wondered if they had a plan B. Tim B has not produced any recent transfers and this was simply a deflection when Nelson gave him the opportunity. No new coach is going to turn this around until they get some depth.

Fort York Redcoat
08-31-2014, 05:28 PM
The product has suffer on the field through lack of skilled players and depth all season. i actually thought the season was at a tipping point the game before last and wondered if they had a plan B. Tim B has not produced any recent transfers and this was simply a deflection when Nelson gave him the opportunity. No new coach is going to turn this around until they get some depth.

Recent. So...this month. Creavalle came July 23. That was a month and a week.

speckles
08-31-2014, 05:40 PM
sure and backline keeps suffering for how long now through lack of depth?

Fort York Redcoat
08-31-2014, 05:55 PM
sure and backline keeps suffering for how long now through lack of depth?

I'd like to hear some alternatives. This is a cap issue and injuries were involved. We can't simply chop and change every other week.