PDA

View Full Version : The March

egoodwin
07-23-2008, 12:32 AM
(Mods please don't merge this into the game threads, because after a night like tonight we need a thread or two displaying the finer parts of tonight)

Damn that march was epic... right from when NEE and SSJ left Rhino, followed by meeting U-Sector up at the Gate, and later RPB at shoeless...

I didn't get a chance to appreciate how big the march actually was, as I was near the front, and didn't really think at the time of looking back... but I got some idea when we held up until everyone got through the tunnel

That was probably the best supporter group march this year, if not ever

Daveisonfire
07-23-2008, 12:36 AM
(Mods please don't merge this into the game threads, because after a night like tonight we need a thread or two displaying the finer parts of tonight)

Damn that march was epic... right from when NEE and SSJ left Rhino, followed by meeting U-Sector up at the Gate, and later RPB at shoeless...

I didn't get a chance to appreciate how big the march actually was, as I was near the front, and didn't really think at the time of looking back... but I got some idea when we held up until everyone got through the tunnel

That was probably the best supporter group march this year, if not ever

Yeah I didn't see how epic it was until I decided to hold the tunnel door for a bit...it was a great experience. I can't wait to see Parkie's video!

egoodwin
07-23-2008, 12:38 AM
that reminds me, how did Parky get from taping spot to taping spot so damn fast... I remember seeing him on Liberty, then like a minute or so later there he was on Atlantic all set up and looking like he was taping there for a while

noochie
07-23-2008, 12:43 AM
that reminds me, how did Parky get from taping spot to taping spot so damn fast... I remember seeing him on Liberty, then like a minute or so later there he was on Atlantic all set up and looking like he was taping there for a while

I was wondering that also... Parky is everywhere... freezing time to film from spot to spot.

Ratven
07-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Hahaha, that was my ONE coherent thought other than chanting throughout the whole thing, "How the hell did Parkdale beat us here?"

KrazyKanadian
07-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Parky takes shortcuts, ya bastards. :P

The march reminded me of the Galaxy game last year, with the sheer volume of NEE, RPB and U-Sec supporters all traveling together.

morgank1986
07-23-2008, 01:06 AM
I'd love to see a march of this magnitude happen every game. The weekend ones at the least. This unity needs to continue.

Cashcleaner
07-23-2008, 01:14 AM
I missed it! I fucking missed it! I lay the blame squarely on the shoulders of my two buddies who neglected to take my advice and leave an hour earlier then we did. I pretty much showed up at BMO Field with ten minutes to kick-off. So pissed about that right now. I knew the march to the stadium was gonna be huge. :mad:

Ratven
07-23-2008, 01:15 AM
I'd love to see a march of this magnitude happen every game. The weekend ones at the least. This unity needs to continue.

Well that, sir, is going to be a hard sell after this game.

King Tut
07-23-2008, 04:16 AM
Epic.

We had the "ULTRAS DON'T RUN!!!" banner at the front of the march. That pissed off alot of the UM cunts up in 104. They started spitting down right as people passed below, to make their way to Gate 3.

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 08:00 AM
Ever seen that movie "Jumper"? It's based on my life story

Mrs. Workie
07-23-2008, 08:03 AM
I missed it! I fucking missed it!

Don't feel bad Cash, I missed it too (Worked until 5:30, didn't get to Shoeless until after they'd left). I heard it was amazing. Why can't this happen every game? Even when we (as in RPB's) tail gate- we pick a time, meet up with them at the statium (or just outside the Go station), and march into the stadium together.

Marco2K
07-23-2008, 08:25 AM
I was there. It was great.

got to chat with Parkdale in 111 while he was looking down and filming. Keep up the good work.

FUCK MONTREAL

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 08:37 AM
^ was that you right behind me? good to meet you man!

DVS
07-23-2008, 08:57 AM
I got into that march by accident. I stumbled out of a bar and just got roped in the thing. That march was incredible I couldn't believe it was pulled off like that. Kudos to all the guys that organized it. As I don't get to many game that March really got me pumped up

egoodwin
07-23-2008, 12:27 PM
I say no...

These should only be reserved for special/big games...

If we did it every game it would lose it's meaning...

egoodwin
07-23-2008, 12:29 PM
it was a great march right from it's beginning at the Rhino, the SSJ really stepped up to get the chanting and all started right from the beginning... then with each stop along the way it just got better and better

boomcha
07-23-2008, 12:34 PM
The march was awesome. Thanks to everyone else that was there!

rocker
07-23-2008, 12:35 PM
i was already in the stadium in the west stand but then I looked up and saw the Montreal fans at the top of the east stand screaming and yelling and pointing over the edge.. then I could see the big flags in the distance and understood.

Ratven
07-23-2008, 12:39 PM

Hey Parkdale, I think you need to make this video into a two parter, keep everything up to right before their goal in the first part, and everything after in a second part.

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 12:40 PM
the video is coming soon....

I just cut the entire 2nd half of the game out of the video. We all know what happened.

(should be ready in under an hour, and the march footage is awesome!)

Ratven
07-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Sweet, that will truly be the only bright spot of yesterday, your video :)

nimamalek
07-23-2008, 01:01 PM
The March was awesome, only thing we should do is keep it a little tighter next time, got a little stretched out by the time we got to the tunnel

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 01:02 PM
now you're just kissing ass!

that's why I rushed to get it done. We need a little cheering up.

Marco2K
07-23-2008, 01:03 PM

Yeah i told you we were going to kick montreals ass.

Ratven
07-23-2008, 01:09 PM
now you're just kissing ass!

that's why I rushed to get it done. We need a little cheering up.

Nah not really, I was definitely thinking about how badass the video's gonna look, it beat thinking about how shit the team was.

NateDoGG
07-23-2008, 01:13 PM
pics plz?!

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 02:17 PM
DOCUVu0xyz4

dig it!

alexintoronto
07-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Thats not working for me either

a.ungaro
07-23-2008, 02:35 PM
yeah i was standing by the gate and saw everyone just pour in it was awsome to watch

UltraFootyKWC
07-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Another great video Parky! It was amazing to be a part of that march. It was well orchestrated and perfectly executed. Well done to everyone. The pregame vibe was electric, the best I've ever experienced.

Ratven
07-23-2008, 02:55 PM
DOCUVu0xyz4

dig it!

Still hurts, but I like the post game stuff.

The Pope
07-23-2008, 03:01 PM
the march was great...until a cop pulled me out of it for smoking a joint

bastard cops ruining my fun

Ladies Love Julius James
07-23-2008, 03:03 PM
the march was great...until a cop pulled me out of it for smoking a joint

bastard cops ruining my fun

LOL that was you. I was smelling it like damn that's some good as weed...then I said fuck you got balls...the cops were right there.

egoodwin
07-23-2008, 11:42 PM
I still think that Montreal's "LOL" Banner was inspired by Nascar

Next time we go to Montreal we should bring a "BUMP" banner in response