PDA

View Full Version : Canada vs Jamaica - TFC call ups

Yohan
08-28-2014, 02:55 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/canadian-national-team-soccer-benito-floro-dwayne-de-rosario-jamaica-friendly/

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-mnt-announces-roster-for-jamaica-match-p156832

CANADA
GK- Kenny Stamatopoulos | SWE / AIK
GK- Milan Borjan | unattached / sans club
GK- Quillan Roberts | CAN / Toronto FC
D- Nik Ledgerwood | GER / Energie Cottbus
D- Andre Hainault | GER / VfR Aalen
D- Doneil Henry | CAN / Toronto FC
D- Dejan Jakovic | JPN / Shimizu S-Pulse
D- Adam Straith | unattached / sans club
D- Karl W. Ouimette | CAN / Impact de Montréal
D- Jeremy Gagnon-Laparé | CAN / Impact de Montréal
D- David Edgar | ENG / Birmingham City FC
M- Ashtone Morgan | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Julian de Guzman | unattached / sans club
M- Pedro Pacheco | POR / Santa Clara
M- Kyle Bekker | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Atiba Hutchinson | TUR / Besiktas
M- Marcel de Jong | GER / Augsburg
M- Issey Nakajima-Farran | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Patrice Bernier | CAN / Impact de Montréal
F-Tosaint Ricketts | ISR / Hapoel Haifa
F- Simeon Jackson | ENG / Coventry City
F- Marcus Haber | ENG / Crewe Alexandra
F- Randy Edwini-Bonsu | GER / Stuttgarter Kickers
F- Dwayne De Rosario | CAN / Toronto FC

mowe
08-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Disappointed Oso isn't going, plus apparently one or both of Henry and Morgan might stay too. It's a decent lineup though, and a good test against Jamaica.

C.Ronaldo
08-28-2014, 03:03 PM
why no osario?

pdubs
08-28-2014, 03:09 PM
why no osario?

Declined apparently.

Kurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) · 40m (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/505072823732555777)

Declined it. RT @ArmenBedakian (https://twitter.com/ArmenBedakian): Don't understand how Jonathan Osorio doesn't get a call up. Ridiculous. #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash) #CanMNT (https://twitter.com/hashtag/CanMNT?src=hash)

v00d00daddy
08-28-2014, 03:49 PM
So without Osorio we contribute nothing of importance other than Henry. 4 players that don't get playing time. (Bekker, Morgan, Roberts, Dero)

I don't want to bring up the club vs. country debate but for the first Canadian MLS team that made an academy a few years ago (Is that even run the way it was created?) it's pretty sad that TFC does little for the CMNT.

pdubs
08-28-2014, 04:15 PM
the plot thickens....

Beswicks Sports NA (https://twitter.com/BeswicksSportNA)‏@BeswicksSportNA (https://twitter.com/BeswicksSportNA)@kurtlarsun (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) @armenbedakian (https://twitter.com/ArmenBedakian) 100% Osorio did not decline the invitation

v00d00daddy
08-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Hmmmmm….I wonder why he's not playing with the CMNT. I have negative guesses but I'm totally biased on the reason so I won't mention it. LOL

I hope he comes out with why he's not going.

pdubs
08-28-2014, 04:25 PM
I can imagine TFC lobbied hard against having 6 players go so maybe they said here are 5 we are keeping Osorio (the best aside from Henry in the bunch). Henry is the only starter we are loosing but with the injuries at the back we are having this is not good.

TFC07
08-28-2014, 04:32 PM
I can imagine TFC lobbied hard against having 6 players go so maybe they said here are 5 we are keeping Osorio (the best aside from Henry in the bunch). Henry is the only starter we are loosing but with the injuries at the back we are having this is not good.

But this game is being played in Toronto and TFC don't have game next day. So I don't see how it would be bad for Osorio to play for Canada in Toronto is a bad thing. But then again, this isn't first time Nelsen/TFC FO and CSA clash with each other (Similar thing happen last year as well).

TFC07
08-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Anyway, I got my tickets for this game. Hopefully weather is nice and Canadian supporters outnumber Jamaicans for this game. :canada:

mowe
08-28-2014, 04:52 PM
But this game is being played in Toronto and TFC don't have game next day. So I don't see how it would be bad for Osorio to play for Canada in Toronto is a bad thing. But then again, this isn't first time Nelsen/TFC FO and CSA clash with each other (Similar thing happen last year as well).

They would still miss the game next weekend at Philly.

molenshtain
08-28-2014, 05:45 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/canadian-national-team-soccer-benito-floro-dwayne-de-rosario-jamaica-friendly/

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-mnt-announces-roster-for-jamaica-match-p156832

CANADA

few things make a man happier than seeing Julian De guzman / sans club.

notthesun
08-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Remember when Nelsen chewed out the CSA last year for calling up a bunch of our guys when we needed them? Osorio not going now is the result of that. And I'm damn happy about it, we need him badly and this isn't an important game for the national team. Good on the CSA and TFC for working something out this time.

TFC has done more for the national team than the other canadian MLS clubs. Montreal is picking up their slack lately with developing young Canadians, it's Vancouver that is doing almost nothing.

BuSaPuNk
08-28-2014, 06:44 PM
Nice to see there is only 3 members of Unattached FC being called up.

RealG-TFC
08-28-2014, 07:17 PM
Would have loved to see Cavallini

TFC07
08-28-2014, 07:26 PM
Would have loved to see Cavallini

You probably see him in Canada's next game which will be in Panama.

Daveisonfire
08-28-2014, 07:26 PM
OPA!

TFC07
08-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Remember when Nelsen chewed out the CSA last year for calling up a bunch of our guys when we needed them? Osorio not going now is the result of that. And I'm damn happy about it, we need him badly and this isn't an important game for the national team. Good on the CSA and TFC for working something out this time.

TFC has done more for the national team than the other canadian MLS clubs. Montreal is picking up their slack lately with developing young Canadians, it's Vancouver that is doing almost nothing.

Nelsen should chew MLS for not respecting international calendar.

TFC07
08-28-2014, 07:29 PM
They would still miss the game next weekend at Philly.

They're training in Toronto at TFC practice facility, so I fail to see how they will miss Philly game. If anything, Osorio can join Canada camp after Philly game to get couple of days of practice before Jamaica game.

Red4ever
08-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Country before club.

Ivy
08-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Country before club.
For tournaments, yes. For friendlies, no.

OgtheDim
08-28-2014, 08:26 PM
Its not necessary to have every NT player at a friendly.

Notice we are not missing Bradley.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-28-2014, 08:44 PM
Hmm... why are TFC bench players even on the national team radar?

molenshtain
08-28-2014, 09:01 PM

Bekker was the golden boy of the previous generation of youth players. They're really not keen on giving up on him.

De Ro is always gonna get called up 'cuz he's De Ro.

such is the state of our NT.

BuSaPuNk
08-28-2014, 09:01 PM

At least there on the bench not unattached.

Pint
08-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Lineup aside it will be great to watch the homeland live again. It will be interesting to see who they start and if they can finally get a win at home.

Oldtimer
08-28-2014, 09:18 PM
OPA!
Haha.
It will be nice to see Kenny playing again.

Red CB Toronto
08-28-2014, 09:32 PM
It will be interesting to see what the attendance is, over/under in my mind is 10K.

KRO
08-28-2014, 09:40 PM
Why the hell are TFC letting key players miss important games for a friendly international game? With our injuries in defense this is ridiculous.

Red4ever
08-28-2014, 09:58 PM
There hasn't been a home game since arguably the biggest disappointment in our country's soccer history, there is something to be said for winning one at home for optics.

It's fair to say it is important to both teams.

BuSaPuNk
08-28-2014, 10:00 PM
It will be interesting to see what the attendance is, over/under in my mind is 10K.

I'd take the over I expect a large crowd especially with Jamaica fans coming in.

Kaz
08-28-2014, 10:06 PM
I'd take the over I expect a large crowd especially with Jamaica fans coming in.
Yep people who live in Canada full time, with a Canadian passport, who might have even been born here and never left the country in their whole lives... booing Canadian Players. Which is why I don't go to Friendlies in Canada.. it frustrates me too much.

BuSaPuNk
08-28-2014, 10:30 PM
Yep people who live in Canada full time, with a Canadian passport, who might have even been born here and never left the country in their whole lives... booing Canadian Players. Which is why I don't go to Friendlies in Canada.. it frustrates me too much.

I hear ya its tough. However the more people that take that attitude we start to lose the war. We should be taking any chance to support this program and our country.

I had such a blast at the U20 WC this year it was great. If everyone just stepped up and supported the Canadian program as much as TFC, there EPL ect teams we could pack that place in a sea of red.

One can dream.

Red4ever
08-28-2014, 10:38 PM
If everyone just stepped up and supported the Canadian program as much as TFC, there EPL ect teams we could pack that place in a sea of red.

Gospel.

Kaz
08-28-2014, 11:03 PM
I hear ya its tough. However the more people that take that attitude we start to lose the war. We should be taking any chance to support this program and our country.

I had such a blast at the U20 WC this year it was great. If everyone just stepped up and supported the Canadian program as much as TFC, there EPL ect teams we could pack that place in a sea of red.

One can dream.

Sadly 5 years in Brampton has drained me of having anything to do with this attitude I have to deal with it way too often. Thankfully I'm leaving this ridiculous city soon and maybe my tolerances will go up again.

Supporting
08-29-2014, 07:44 AM

How do you know where they're born...? It's soccer. Sport is for fun, don't get so riled up that ppl want to cheer for their home country.

BuSaPuNk
08-29-2014, 08:13 AM
How do you know where they're born...? It's soccer. Sport is for fun, don't get so riled up that ppl want to cheer for their home country.

Sorry you live in Canada then this is your home and you should be supporting it. Unfortunately that is not the case the majority of the time.

Fort York Redcoat
08-29-2014, 08:46 AM

CANADA
GK- Kenny Stamatopoulos | SWE / AIK
GK- Milan Borjan | unattached / sans club
GK- Quillan Roberts | CAN / Toronto FC
D- Nik Ledgerwood | GER / Energie Cottbus
D- Andre Hainault | GER / VfR Aalen
D- Doneil Henry | CAN / Toronto FC
D- Dejan Jakovic | JPN / Shimizu S-Pulse
D- Adam Straith | unattached / sans club
D- Karl W. Ouimette | CAN / Impact de Montréal
D- Jeremy Gagnon-Laparé | CAN / Impact de Montréal
D- David Edgar | ENG / Birmingham City FC
M- Ashtone Morgan | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Pedro Pacheco | POR / Santa Clara
M- Kyle Bekker | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Atiba Hutchinson | TUR / Besiktas
M- Marcel de Jong | GER / Augsburg
M- Issey Nakajima-Farran | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Patrice Bernier | CAN / Impact de Montréal
F-Tosaint Ricketts | ISR / Hapoel Haifa
F- Simeon Jackson | ENG / Coventry City
F- Marcus Haber | ENG / Crewe Alexandra
F- Randy Edwini-Bonsu | GER / Stuttgarter Kickers
F- Dwayne De Rosario | CAN / Toronto FC

Thanks for posting this, Yohan!

No Oso is disappointing but taking the hit this once is appreciated.

I'll be selling tix to this in 112 tomorrow at the game and at Joe's afterward. I'll be the guy in the Brennan Addidas Canada kit. But not for long. I'll be ordering my new DeGuzman shirt tonight in respect for the brother who played.

I'm incredibly excited for the return home for the team. This will be the only time this year to see them live.

Those that made it to the U-20W tourney now know that getting Canada Support to grow means getting people in the stadium first. How people support by the time the whistle blows is in our hands as well.:canada:

OgtheDim
08-29-2014, 08:50 AM
Support of country is very tribal. People wonder why I don't support the English, even though my parents were born there.

barticusz
08-29-2014, 09:19 AM
I'm actually quite upset Henry and Morgan were called up for a FRIENDLY.

Club before Country, at this point in the season, and with such a meaningless game against Jamaica.

Ruffian
08-29-2014, 09:44 AM
They're training in Toronto at TFC practice facility, so I fail to see how they will miss Philly game. If anything, Osorio can join Canada camp after Philly game to get couple of days of practice before Jamaica game.

The team will start to assemble on 31 August at the Nottawasaga Inn Resort in Alliston, ON. So they are training away from Toronto and would miss a game.

barticusz
08-29-2014, 10:29 AM
I've read taht we're missing our players for both Philly games. This is terrible in my opinion. We need Henry and Morgan right now especially considering our rash of injuries at the back.

MightyDM
08-29-2014, 10:36 AM

I don't think that's fair. There is a big difference between cheering for Greece or Jamaica and booing Canada. There is very little of the latter, although I was booing my TV in that 8-1 debacle.

MightyDM
08-29-2014, 10:38 AM

Club before Country, at this point in the season, and with such a meaningless game against Jamaica.

Totally agree. CSA not helpful here.

Red CB Toronto
08-29-2014, 10:43 AM
I really believe what country you support on the footy pitch is yours only. It really is that simple. Not one should be told to do anything on this matter. It will be interesting to see what the vibe is like at BMO for the game.

Fort York Redcoat
08-29-2014, 11:08 AM
Totally agree. CSA not helpful here.

MLS not helpful with the schedule. Let's remember the rest of the world works around FIFA dates.

Fort York Redcoat
08-29-2014, 11:10 AM
I really believe what country you support on the footy pitch is yours only. It really is that simple. Not one should be told to do anything on this matter. It will be interesting to see what the vibe is like at BMO for the game.

Does that go for club as well, for you?

Everyone gets to deal with that decision to cheer for opposition/away club/team.

SilverSamurai
08-29-2014, 11:23 AM

In Vancouvers defence (which I hate to admit), they have done more than anyone else for the CWNT.

Nice to see there is only 3 members of Unattached FC being called up.
That's my team too!
But I didn't get a callup. :(

For tournaments, yes. For friendlies, no.
But if we don't then we'll have the excuse/complaints during the GC and WCQ that our team doesn't play enough games together and that it's the CSA's fault that they don't play enough games, blah blah blah, etc. etc...

v00d00daddy
08-29-2014, 11:33 AM

Morgan has played 1 minute all year for us. That's just awful.

As for club before country. I disagree. Always have. Especially considering we're awful as a nation. TFC should be helping football in this nation. But….just like the place that is cheered for most by the supporters who are catered to by TFC….TFC just doesn't have a vision beyond making money. I once thought they did….but they don't….and we as TFC supporters will one day have to come and realize that we wear some of the blame of our country sucking at a sport we love.

Assume what I mean by all of that. You'll be right. Hahaha

v00d00daddy
08-29-2014, 11:37 AM

One can dream.

I've disagreed with you on a number of things but I love what you just wrote. I totally agree. I love supporting our nation, whether it be men or women, young or national teams.

I wish we had some more of it.

I hate to say it….but the club over country mentality comes from specific places….and I don't care if it works there….it hasn't worked in our country….ever. It's time to put our CMNT at the top of the list of priorities when it comes to footy.

Just my take.

barticusz
08-29-2014, 11:55 AM
I've disagreed with you on a number of things but I love what you just wrote. I totally agree. I love supporting our nation, whether it be men or women, young or national teams.

I wish we had some more of it.

I hate to say it….but the club over country mentality comes from specific places….and I don't care if it works there….it hasn't worked in our country….ever. It's time to put our CMNT at the top of the list of priorities when it comes to footy.

Just my take.

By your logic wouldn't it be in everyone's best interests the important TFC players like Henry stay with the club so that they can get valuable playing time. They're in the midst of a late season push to the playoffs where all the players are giving it their all. Instead they're going to play for the NT in a friendly situation. Let the players play in more meaningful games so they get the experience they need to perform for their country.

You'll notice the USA NT callups are mostly from Europe where the players have a break in their schedule and are just at the start of their seasons. How many MLS players made that roster??? Meanwhile up here we've gutted TFC at a critical point ... to play against Jamaica in a friendly.

Fort York Redcoat
08-29-2014, 12:04 PM
By your logic wouldn't it be in everyone's best interests the important TFC players like Henry stay with the club so that they can get valuable playing time. They're in the midst of a late season push to the playoffs where all the players are giving it their all. Instead they're going to play for the NT in a friendly situation. Let the players play in more meaningful games so they get the experience they need to perform for their country.

You'll notice the USA NT callups are mostly from Europe where the players have a break in their schedule and are just at the start of their seasons. How many MLS players made that roster??? Meanwhile up here we've gutted TFC at a critical point ... to play against Jamaica in a friendly.

Still the leagues fault. I want Canada to take every opportunity to improve. They don't find chemistry with each other at their different respective clubs.

Red4ever
08-29-2014, 12:10 PM

You underline it like we're england or spain. This is Canada and Jamaica is a game we need to win. They haven't played in Toronto since 2012 and haven't won since then either. Also, people are excited about TFC but not Canada and that has to change if soccer in this country, club or country, is ever going to turn the corner.

Also, everything FYR says is correct. MLS doesn't have to adopt the FIFA entire sked, but it's their fault they play during international breaks.

Fort York Redcoat
08-29-2014, 12:16 PM
You underline it like we're england or spain. This is Canada and Jamaica is a game we need to win. They haven't played in Toronto since 2012 and haven't won since then either. Also, people are excited about TFC but not Canada and that has to change if soccer in this country, club or country, is ever going to turn the corner.

Also, everything FYR says is correct. MLS doesn't have to adopt the FIFA entire sked, but it's their fault they play during international breaks.

Great point.

Jamaica, Honduras, Panama, this is the region we're in and people following our team should be aware of how good a matchup this is for us. There's the US and Mexico but really we need to look to beating the teams below them in the region first.

barticusz
08-29-2014, 12:25 PM

I agree on the MLS front and scheduling. But this is not a must-win game. This is a friendly. I want the Country to do well and if this was a more meaningful game.. by all means. Take all the best players. I mean why are 5 TFC players going to this while guys like Alemen (not even on the bench for his club), Piette, Petrasso, Carreiro not getting called in? Surely some of these guys are better than Morgan and Bekker and even the aging DeRo.

Country over Club when it actually matters.

flamehawk
08-29-2014, 12:26 PM

Absolutely. Not to start this debate all over again, but If we're going to encourage support for canmt we need to get rid of this antagonistic attitude and respect the complex reasons why some may choose to support their home countries.

Fort York Redcoat
08-29-2014, 12:32 PM

Absolutely. Not to start this debate all over again, but If we're going to encourage support for canmt we need to get rid of this antagonistic attitude and respect the complex reasons why some may choose to support their home countries.

It's okay. As far as I'm concerned that debate arrived at a new height of understanding after the U20W tourney.

But full disclosure that's not what's being stated in the top quote and has nothing to do with citizenship or "home country". Different animal entirely as far as I know.

v00d00daddy
08-29-2014, 01:02 PM
I agree on the MLS front and scheduling. But this is not a must-win game. This is a friendly. I want the Country to do well and if this was a more meaningful game.. by all means. Take all the best players. I mean why are 5 TFC players going to this while guys like Alemen (not even on the bench for his club), Piette, Petrasso, Carreiro not getting called in? Surely some of these guys are better than Morgan and Bekker and even the aging DeRo.

Country over Club when it actually matters.

I think saying 5 players is strategic. We're losing one plauer that Nelsen values in any way at all.

One.

ag futbol
08-29-2014, 01:09 PM
I think saying 5 players is strategic. We're losing one plauer that Nelsen values in any way at all.

One.
Well that's just it. It really is only one player that we regularly use, everything else is incidental. TFC needs to be a little more pragmatic in that regard. Reminds me of recalling Roberts to round out the back end of the bench ...which was pretty dumb as well if you ask me.

Phil
08-29-2014, 01:14 PM

One.

Lets also remember that we lost our LB in Morrow due to injury so really its two possible starters. Your point stands though.

I hate the timing of this given the injuries and importance of the games for TFC. Yes, we could in MLS be more observant of the FIFA schedule but we did take a 3 week break for the wc and go on a month long road trip (not easy for any team) for the Womans U20wc. I do like that something was worked out to keep Osorio though.

Red4ever
08-29-2014, 01:37 PM

This was my inner monologue after reading this. :rolleyes:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_QCezCMUs994/TAf0i5cZcAI/AAAAAAAABE8/1nbf-YBt7Eg/s512/Berkman%20swung%20at%20that%20shit.wmv.GIF

OgtheDim
08-29-2014, 01:41 PM
We are not the only ones.

http://www.philadelphiaunion.com/news/2014/08/six-union-players-called-represent-respective-national-teams-september

Kaz
08-29-2014, 03:27 PM

I said my bit. And I choose not to go, that is my right... They have the right to cheer for anyone they want. I don't have the right to pour my beer on them, for shitting on the nation that they choose to live in... so I don't go. (cheering against Canada if you hold a Canadian passport is a problem for me and I'm allowed to have that problem... a Canada Jamaica or Canada China game shouldn't be 40% or less Canadian support. The CMNT shouldn't be playing in Canada and facing an away crowd.)

As such I don't go, because for me after 5 years living in a city where I see this behaviour regularly, my tolerance for it is very low. As I said before Once I move and I get away from this craptastic city my tolerance for it might come back.

I don't suggest anyone shouldn't go. It is my choice not to.

Supporting
08-29-2014, 05:48 PM
Sorry you live in Canada then this is your home and you should be supporting it. Unfortunately that is not the case the majority of the time.

So you're saying if your job had you move to seattle, you would cheer for the sounder's and Murica?

v00d00daddy
08-29-2014, 07:23 PM
So you're saying if your job had you move to seattle, you would cheer for the sounder's and Murica?

Would your job have you give up where you grew up and learned about the game?

I understand there are lots of people who have moved to Canada for whatever reason as adults. I get that they cheer for their home country. But I'm talking about those of us who were born and raised here. We may have been shown the sport by our families who learned about it in another country but so what.

I'm Italian. Both parents born there. I've cheered for Italy at every world cup since I was a child. My father was a great player and good coach and the reason why I fell in love with this sport. I grew up watching Serie A and EPL and and and….Soccer Saturday was amazing.

All that being said…I was also taken to watch the Blizzard. I was also taken to see the Moblios's and Lenarduzzi's and all the CMNT as a child. To this day if Canada ever makes it to the World Cup I will travel anywhere in the world to support them. And if they were drawn in to the same group as Italy I will love to go and cheer on Canada and hope they destroy Italy. It's just how I am.

I just can't stomach that we're getting worse and worse in this country on the football scale. Countries like the US and Australia that were at the same level (or below us) when I was a child have passed us and its shameful.

And I think thats because of our mentality here. Because we don't put Canada first. I'm not saying we need to drop our "home" or "original" countries. I'm just saying support Canada at the same level or higher. But when you'd rather see Ashton Morgan sitting on the TFC bench and continue to be overlooked all season instead of him playing for his country….well I think your priorities are flat out wrong and the reason why we suck at football.

If I was Ashton Morgan and TFC didn't let me go play for my national team….and TFC had the audacity to play me for the first time only because the rest of the FB's are hurt….I'd say fine….and then on game day say I have a sore hamstring and can't play. And sit on the edge of the bench…not say a word to my coach who sat me all year and count the minutes before I could leave a club like TFC.

Sorry for the rant. LOL

TFC1154ever
08-29-2014, 07:28 PM

I understand there are lots of people who have moved to Canada for whatever reason as adults. I get that they cheer for their home country. But I'm talking about those of us who were born and raised here. We may have been shown the sport by our families who learned about it in another country but so what.

I'm Italian. Both parents born there. I've cheered for Italy at every world cup since I was a child. My father was a great player and good coach and the reason why I fell in love with this sport. I grew up watching Serie A and EPL and and and….Soccer Saturday was amazing.

All that being said…I was also taken to watch the Blizzard. I was also taken to see the Moblios's and Lenarduzzi's and all the CMNT as a child. To this day if Canada ever makes it to the World Cup I will travel anywhere in the world to support them. And if they were drawn in to the same group as Italy I will love to go and cheer on Canada and home they destroy Italy. It's just how I am.

I just can't stomach that we're getting worse and worse in this country on the football scale. Countries like the US and Australia that were at the same level (or below us) when I was a child have passed us and its shameful.

And I think thats because of our mentality here. Because we don't put Canada first. I'm not saying we need to drop our "home" or "original" countries. I'm just saying support Canada at the same level or higher. But when you'd rather see Ashton Morgan sitting on the TFC bench and continue to be overlooked all season instead of him playing for his country….well I think your priorities are flat out wrong and the reason why we suck at football.

If I was Ashton Morgan and TFC didn't let me go play for my national team….and TFC had the audacity to play me for the first time only because the rest of the FB's are hurt….I'd say fine….and then on game day say I have a sore hamstring and can't play. And sit on the edge of the bench…not say a word to my coach who sat me all year and count the minutes before I could leave a club like TFC.

Sorry for the rant. LOL

In the same boat as you. Completely agree!

Fort York Redcoat
08-29-2014, 07:32 PM

There would be nothing wrong with attending all local games, Supporting the local team until your home team was visiting. This is the next step in Support we've always worked towards. There are few stories like this but they do exist. It's not enough for some but I'll take it.

Red4ever
08-29-2014, 07:37 PM

All that being said…I was also taken to watch the Blizzard. I was also taken to see the Moblios's and Lenarduzzi's and all the CMNT as a child. To this day if Canada ever makes it to the World Cup I will travel anywhere in the world to support them. And if they were drawn in to the same group as Italy I will love to go and cheer on Canada and hope they destroy Italy. It's just how I am.

Sorry for the rant. LOL

POTY brother.

BuSaPuNk
08-29-2014, 07:44 PM

Sorry for the rant. LOL

Agreed

ouderwien
08-30-2014, 03:07 AM
I just noticed that Morgan is listed as a Midfielder. Interesting...

JuliquE
08-30-2014, 07:38 AM

Sorry for the rant. LOL

POTY brother.
Yes.

mowe
09-01-2014, 12:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/454678728300171264/B-MNfob0_normal.jpeg Canada Soccer @CanadaSoccerEN (https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN) · 14m (https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/506486718766137344)

Change to the current #canMNT (https://twitter.com/hashtag/canMNT?src=hash) roster: Doneil Henry from @torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) has been replaced by Nana Attakora of @dcunited (https://twitter.com/dcunited)