PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC @ Sporting Kansas City - Saturday August 16 - 8:30pm EDT - TSN2

Pages : [1] 2

khso11
08-14-2014, 02:25 AM
Toronto FC - 32pts in 21 games, 3rd in the East, (9-7-5) - Form (D-L-L-W-W)

Sporting Kansas City - 39pts in 23 games, 1st in the East, (11-6-6) - Form (W-W-W-D-L)

3rd meeting this season - May 23rd TFC 2-2 SKC (Home) , July 26th TFC (Home) 1-2 SKC

Highlights from the previous 2 meetings

May 23rd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1xepm8ZebM

July 26th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxxVmOIR6y0

Dv23
08-14-2014, 03:30 AM
SKC's first and second-string goalies are injured. Good news for us. I'd like to see the boys get some revenge for that loss at home that should have been a win.

OgtheDim
08-14-2014, 06:12 AM
The ref is Drew Fischer, Canadian. One of the guys brought in the last two seasons. Non descript would be the best description.

Fort York Redcoat
08-14-2014, 07:47 AM
I'll be asking Joe to put this one on side by side with the Canada match. Sat will be a fun day for footie.

mowe
08-14-2014, 07:51 AM
The guys on the march to the match podcast had an interesting point yesterday. TFC hasn't had a signature win against a top team yet. They caught Seattle and DC early in the season but other than that it's just been wins over Columbus, Houston, Montreal etc.

This is the perfect time for TFC to prove they can win big games and be a threat in the playoffs.

BuSaPuNk
08-14-2014, 08:39 AM
The guys on the march to the match podcast had an interesting point yesterday. TFC hasn't had a signature win against a top team yet. They caught Seattle and DC early in the season but other than that it's just been wins over Columbus, Houston, Montreal etc.

This is the perfect time for TFC to prove they can win big games and be a threat in the playoffs.

I agree but there will still be skeptics that would say if we got a result it was because of a third string keeper ect .

This is still a game to stamp us as a contender in the east. We have to start using these dwindling games in hand to jump solidify our spot, hopefully jump up the standings with some help an bury teams below us even farther down the table.

PopePouri
08-14-2014, 09:18 AM

It's easy to make up narratives when they have a small sample size, they excludes certain variables and includes random exceptions. Here's my one:

If you look at DC this season, they haven't won a game against a significant Western Conference team.

Phil
08-14-2014, 09:23 AM
I agree but there will still be skeptics that would say if we got a result it was because of a third string keeper ect .

This is still a game to stamp us as a contender in the east. We have to start using these dwindling games in hand to jump solidify our spot, hopefully jump up the standings with some help an bury teams below us even farther down the table.
Kurt Larson, is that you?

Seems that guy pulls every excuse for KC and bags TFC whenever they are the opposition.

Canary10
08-14-2014, 09:35 AM
I think if we can score more goals than KC in this game we'll win this.

BuSaPuNk
08-14-2014, 09:49 AM

Seems that guy pulls every excuse for KC and bags TFC whenever they are the opposition.

Hmmmm no lol didn't know Larson played drums in 112 hahahaha

Its true his homeritis shows when we play KC. But its not just him a lot of people shit all over our club when we get something out of a game.

Its like people don't believe where we are in the table. People were third with a realistic chance of catching one of DC or SKC . Depending on results and form we might still be in the conversation about winning the east. Its not just a pipe dream.

Graeme
08-14-2014, 09:57 AM
Haven't heard any updates about Defoe or Caldwell recently, so I think we'll see this on Saturday:

---------------------Bendik-------------------
--Creaville---Hagglund--Henry---Morrow---
Oduro------Warner---Bradley-----Osorio----
--------Gilberto--------Moore----------------

Bench: Konopka, Bloom(?), Orr, Dike(?), Lovitz, Jackson

TFC1154ever
08-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Talked to Bloom on Saturday at the taste of Danforth. Said he should be back for this game, but it's Nelson's calls.

BuSaPuNk
08-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Talked to Bloom on Saturday at the taste of Danforth. Said he should be back for this game, but it's Nelson's calls.

That's good to hear. Some bodies coming back is always a good thing.

Depending on both Bloom and Dike if there ready to be put in a game situation I'd bring them both off the bench around the 80th to get them some minutes depending on the games situation and score.

Dike possibly later to give him 5 mins to run hard and see if he holds up physically after the game.

Cas87
08-14-2014, 10:20 AM

I predict the score will be 'too much' to 'not enough'.

Oldtimer
08-14-2014, 11:13 AM
SPORTING KC CALLS UP LEAGUE POOL GOALKEEPER TIM MELIA
Sporting KC announced on Wednesday that League pool goalkeeper Tim Melia has joined the club. A five-year veteran of MLS, Melia played two seasons with Real Salt Lake (2010-2011) before signing with Chivas USA (2012-2014). Over that span, the 28-year-old made six MLS appearances while also playing on loan for the Charleston Battery and FC New York. He led the Battery to the USL-2 title in 2010 with eight saves in the final.

Melia arrives in Kansas City due to injuries to Eric Kronberg and Andy Gruenebaum. Kronberg fractured the fourth metacarpal bone on his left hand in July and is in the midst of an eight-week recovery, while Gruenebaum strained his supraspinatus in the team's most recent match and is day-to-day. Homegrown goalkeeper Jon Kempin made his MLS debut in place of Gruenebaum on Sunday.

http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2014/08/sporting-kc-weekly-update-aug-13-2014

I didn't know MLS still had pool goalkeepers.

Alonso
08-14-2014, 12:02 PM

Totally agree.

This seems about right.

OgtheDim
08-14-2014, 12:03 PM
Remember, we can also win if we give up less goals then they do.

Graeme
08-14-2014, 12:06 PM

Amazing news!

Canary10
08-14-2014, 12:23 PM

That's right. If I were Nelsen I'd be focusing on either scoring more goals than KC, or having us give up less than them. If we can do either of those things we can win this. And if we win it we'll be only 4 points back of them with two games in hand. Within striking distance of first.

dupont
08-14-2014, 12:34 PM
I don't think we have a good chance at this one to be honest but I'd love to be proven wrong.

OgtheDim
08-14-2014, 12:38 PM
I don't think we have a good chance at this one to be honest but I'd love to be proven wrong.

I'm with you.

This one has 3-0 loss written all over it.

Oldtimer
08-14-2014, 12:49 PM
I'm with you.

This one has 3-0 loss written all over it.

Agreed. Maybe 3-1.

notthesun
08-14-2014, 12:53 PM
We're coming off two solid performances and Gilberto only scores on the road. Could see Dike get time too. Have a little faith boys.

flatpicker
08-14-2014, 01:18 PM
I predict 30-0 for Toronto.
21 goals scored by Gilberto.
KC will quit the league following the match.

Detroit_TFC
08-14-2014, 01:19 PM
I assume there will be a lot of time spent behind the ball trying to prevent SKC running up a big scoreline. If TFC can come out of there with a low scoring draw, that would be good news.

OgtheDim
08-14-2014, 01:21 PM
I predict 30-0 for Toronto.
21 goals scored by Gilberto.

What...he scores 5 field goals, 2 conversions and gets 1 rouge?

BritSOL
08-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Does TFC ever do a "By The Numbers" page?

http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2014/08/numbers-sporting-kc-vs-toronto-fc-august-16-2014

These 2 I found interesting:

Toronto FC ranks tied for second with 17 road goals
Toronto FC has hit the woodwork 12 times, second most in MLS

Stress
08-14-2014, 01:41 PM
Some interesting tidbits from Nelsen's interview today:

- KC game is "a game too soon" for Bloomy and Caldwell
- Might have Defoe available but don't want to push him too much
- 4-5 players caught a bug (mentioned Henry and Konopka)

Ultra & Proud
08-14-2014, 01:45 PM
So what you're saying is that we have two ways to win this. Score more or allow less. I'm liking our chances now.

OgtheDim
08-14-2014, 01:51 PM
So what you're saying is that we have two ways to win this. Score more or allow less. I'm liking our chances now.

Yes...its a win/don't lose proposition.

flatpicker
08-14-2014, 01:52 PM
What...he scores 5 field goals, 2 conversions and gets 1 rouge?

I was inspired by this story of a 7th division Swedish club that did exactly that:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/yanick-djouzi-manzizila-scores-21-goals-in-swedish-soccer-match-1.2735519

Richard
08-14-2014, 01:55 PM
A draw would be a good result imo, I can see Gilberto bagging another one but it might not be enough.

gmacpheetfc
08-14-2014, 02:54 PM
Anyone going?

Ultra & Proud
08-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Yes...its a win/don't lose proposition.
I like them odds.

molenshtain
08-14-2014, 03:51 PM
I don't think we'll be sitting behind the ball too much. I remember Nelsen saying after one of the most recent games that we've been doing really well on the road because we like to attack and unsettle the opposition as opposed to sitting back like we did earlier in the season. And considering how our midfield seems to have generally gotten it's shit together these last few and that we did really well in the last game against SKC because we went balls to the wall and attacked them all game, I think we'll see more of that. I don't think Nelsen would be stupid enough to go back to bunkerball at this point.

We still might lose, but I think it's just as likely we win. SKC aren't great. They've just lost to Vancouver and drawn the Union, plus they're playing away in the champions league on Tuesday and have D.C. four days after that so they'll likely be resting some players. All of our players are on form, and I think Gilberto - with his fine form - will be eager to shut SKC and Collin up because of last time. 2-1 to the good guys.

jloome
08-14-2014, 04:00 PM
I don't think we'll be sitting behind the ball too much. I remember Nelsen saying after one of the most recent games that we've been doing really well on the road because we like to attack and unsettle the opposition as opposed to sitting back like we did earlier in the season. And considering how our midfield seems to have generally gotten it's shit together these last few and that we did really well in the last game against SKC because we went balls to the wall and attacked them all game, I think we'll see more of that. I don't think Nelsen would be stupid enough to go back to bunkerball at this point.

We still might lose, but I think it's just as likely we win. SKC aren't great. They've just lost to Vancouver and drawn the Union, plus they're playing away in the champions league on Tuesday and have D.C. four days after that so they'll likely be resting some players. All of our players are on form, and I think Gilberto - with his fine form - will be eager to shut SKC and Collin up because of last time. 2-1 to the good guys.

I think we can contain Dwyer. 2-0 for the Reds.

Maltese Falcon
08-14-2014, 08:55 PM
21 goals...hopefully he can find his way into Sweden's 6th division next season

Qman
08-14-2014, 10:49 PM
21 goals...hopefully he can find his way into Sweden's 6th division next season

this is what stands in for cbc's soccer coverage ... what a joke

portu
08-15-2014, 01:42 AM

+1
That guy writes some great pieces but has the tendency to get on my nerves.. a lot.

David_Oliveira
08-15-2014, 07:13 AM
I'm thinking we grind out a win on the road. No other reason than we play well on the road.

Hope to see Dike get some minutes off the bench maybe 10-15 minutes

ryan
08-15-2014, 08:24 AM

He's a Yank through and through. Covering TFC is merely a job.

Phil
08-15-2014, 08:51 AM
He's a Yank through and through. Covering TFC is merely a job.

I appreciate his coverage of TFC, I just find that he trolls twitter with bullshit too much, has a real bias for KC and ever since his world cup trip I find that he has become too outspoken on being a soccer know it all.

Guys like John Doyle have made a career of world football without rubbing our noses in it.

Initial B
08-15-2014, 10:17 AM
If half our players aer under the weather, I think our chances go down considerably. Still, I have noted a certain level of surly pluck on TFC this year when the chips are down, much more than last year. It helps that we'll be facing their 3rd-string keeper. For some reason I get the feeling a 2-2 tie is in the offing.

Auzzy
08-15-2014, 11:51 AM

There we have it, already prepping the excuses. :mad:

If this club really wants to be taken seriously, especially with the crazy money they're spending on salaries, they should be aiming to win even when they don't score more goals than the opposition.

PS Supraspinatus WTF?

Derko
08-15-2014, 12:37 PM

If this club really wants to be taken seriously, especially with the crazy money they're spending on salaries, they should be aiming to win even when they don't score more goals than the opposition.

PS Supraspinatus WTF?

Well in order to win you have to score more goals, in this game, lol
:scarf:

Ultra & Proud
08-15-2014, 01:13 PM

PS Supraspinatus WTF?
Our team is young and still learning to win games when scoring more goals than the opposition. Next year I think we can start to win games by scoring less than the opposition. Rome wasn't built in a day!

ryan
08-15-2014, 01:42 PM
Defoe didn't travel to KC.

portu
08-15-2014, 01:43 PM
How do you know?

Canary10
08-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Our team is young and still learning to win games when scoring more goals than the opposition. Next year I think we can start to win games by scoring less than the opposition. Rome wasn't built in a day!

I agree. Remember, the team has really only played together for a little over half a season. They still need a bit more time to gel before they can start winning games by scoring less than the opponent.

Defoe
08-15-2014, 02:26 PM
I like our chances, any time you have Bradley and Gilberto you should be favored, so much better then Zusi and Dwyer... Oduro made Besler his bitch last game. We're due... 2-1 Toronto.

Fort York Redcoat
08-15-2014, 02:27 PM
This thread is getting other worldly in concepts.

Phil
08-15-2014, 02:57 PM
I agree. Remember, the team has really only played together for a little over half a season. They still need a bit more time to gel before they can start winning games by scoring less than the opponent.

Nothing like a little pressure to gel a team.

I do agree with the concept of whats being said, I just think that there are a lot of players who can pull some good football together on our team. Lets hope. This weekend is a big test, as is the home and away with Philly.

OgtheDim
08-15-2014, 03:16 PM

Would be great if we had him and would increase our chances of winning.

He is not necessary for a win.

Ultra & Proud
08-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Would be great if we had him and would increase our chances of winning.

He is not necessary for a win.
If I were Nelsen I would leave him off the roster this week anyway. Our forwards looked good last week and played well together and I'd rather not rush Defoe back so soon. Seems like something that could easily be tweaked if not healed enough.

ryan
08-15-2014, 03:40 PM
How do you know?

TSN reported it.

I'm not just going to make some random shit up :)

Kaz
08-15-2014, 03:58 PM
David Beckham travelled with the team wearing a purple zoot suit and bunny slippers.

portu
08-15-2014, 05:15 PM
TSN reported it.

ahaha its all good

Alonso
08-15-2014, 06:16 PM
TSN reported it.

Tell that to Comrade Polski.

Thomas
08-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Is it ever quiet around here. I guess that's what happens when you start playing better (at least compared to past years). Oh well, it shouldn't be long before people start to come out of the wood work.

habstfc
08-16-2014, 01:03 AM
I say Toronto wins 1-0. TFC are 4 wins 4 ties and only 3 losses on the road this year 16 out 0f 33 points taken. Don't sell them short.

Fort York Redcoat
08-16-2014, 06:46 AM
David Beckham travelled with the team wearing a purple zoot suit and bunny slippers.

SN360 reporting....

Cashcleaner
08-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Apparently conditions in KC are pretty mild at the moment. Gonna be 26 degrees Celcius and a little overcast at kick-off, so it's not like TFC is heading into a heatwave or anything.

notthesun
08-16-2014, 01:11 PM
There were suggestions Defoe could have been back tonight but Larson is reporting he's out. Smart decision, make sure he comes back 100%.

It'll be Moore and Gilberto up top, I'd bet we see Dike get 15 minutes off the bench.

portu
08-16-2014, 01:38 PM
I think Nelsen is smarter than he lets on and we play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with Bradley in the hole and Moore/Oduro on the wings

molenshtain
08-16-2014, 01:40 PM
I think Nelsen is smarter than he lets on and we play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with Bradley in the hole and Moore/Oduro on the wings

we already basically play 4-3-3 when Osorio plays on the left side. No reason we should change a winning formula.

Defoe
08-16-2014, 01:53 PM
Gilberto looked very dangerous running down the left flank vs the crew, could LW/LM be a position he could succeed in? When Defoe is healthy and we have important games I want both in the lineup, and this way Gilberto and Defoe aren't on top of each other.

-------Moore-Defoe -----
-------- Bradley
Gilberto------------ Oduro
---------Warner

jloome
08-16-2014, 02:05 PM
I'd just like to formally give Paul Mariner another big ol' "fuck you,pal" for Joao Plata. Anyone watch RSL lately? We gave him up for nothing, right?

Osorio was good playing tucked up behind the forwards last week.

--------------------Bendik-------------------------
Creavalle--Hagglund--Henry--Morrow
------------Warner/Orr----------------
-----Jackson-----------Bradley---------
---------------Osorio
--------Moore--------Gilberto

Bring Oduro in late for his legs.

notthesun
08-16-2014, 02:11 PM
I'd just like to formally give Paul Mariner another big ol' "fuck you,pal" for Joao Plata. Anyone watch RSL lately? We gave him up for nothing, right?

Second round pick in the upcoming draft. Although it's Mariner's fault for mismanaging him at the end of the day, Plata deserves a fair bit of criticism himself IMO, very unprofessional with the way he left. Hurt whatever value we could've gotten because other teams knew he was forcing his way out.

Mark TFC
08-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Is there a stream that will work on my android besides MLS Live?

jloome
08-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Second round pick in the upcoming draft. Although it's Mariner's fault for mismanaging him at the end of the day, Plata deserves a fair bit of criticism himself IMO, very unprofessional with the way he left. Hurt whatever value we could've gotten because other teams knew he was forcing his way out.

He didn't force his way out; he was forced out by Mariner, who said publicly that Plata criticized his coaching and that he wasn't going to be told how to do his job by some kid. Then he benched him, then we loaned him out again.

He may well have been a young ass; that's not why he left, however.

notthesun
08-16-2014, 03:31 PM
He didn't force his way out; he was forced out by Mariner, who said publicly that Plata criticized his coaching and that he wasn't going to be told how to do his job by some kid. Then he benched him, then we loaned him out again.

He may well have been a young ass; that's not why he left, however.

I acknowledged Mariner is to blame. But Plata flew to Ecuador and help up another team's jersey before a deal had been completed, seemingly without the club even knowing he had left. If that's not forcing your way out, nothing is.

ag futbol
08-16-2014, 04:24 PM
I acknowledged Mariner is to blame. But Plata flew to Ecuador and help up another team's jersey before a deal had been completed, seemingly without the club even knowing he had left. If that's not forcing your way out, nothing is.
If that happened in isolation, maybe you start to look at the player and new club. Problem being it happened multiple times between the Dero, Plata, etc...

Conclusion: old TFC didn't have their shit together. I still find the notion that Celtic brings a player under contract in to train without any sort of confirmation paperwork is in order absolutely hilarious. And it's not like LDU would introduce a player without having everything in order. 18 year old players don't call press conferences.

Hamilton_Red
08-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Plata was getting $30k a year at the time...he was the most exciting thing we had on the pitch. It should have been a simple thing to get him happy. He's gone on to be a good player and won the MLS Cup..just another #TfC playeer fiasco.

Oldtimer
08-16-2014, 06:28 PM
There's a game tonight. .. right? ;-)

Ajax TFC
08-16-2014, 06:44 PM
The @ExpediaCA (https://twitter.com/ExpediaCA) Starting XI: Bendik, Jackson, Hagglund, Henry, Morrow, Oduro, Warner, Bradley, Osorio, Gilberto, Moore
Looks like Jackson at RB

Mark TFC
08-16-2014, 06:45 PM
There's a game tonight. .. right? ;-)

Apparently haha!

DOMIN8R
08-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Interesting with Jackson at RB. I like the line up.

notthesun
08-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Creavalle is out with a hamstring. Hopefully nothing serious.

Eastend
08-16-2014, 07:08 PM
Today was a great footie watching day (although my epl team lost) but I'm hopeful for a good conclusion.

Hamilton_Red
08-16-2014, 07:09 PM
We are really getting threadbare at the back! Jackson as a RB - hope he is disciplined inside the box.

notthesun
08-16-2014, 07:26 PM
The pressure's on - Columbus up 2-0 vs. L.A. and New England up 1-0 over Portland right now.

portu
08-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Montreal giving us some help. Di Vaio just scored for a 1 nil lead over Chicago with 2 minutes left in regulation.

EDIT: MONTREAL HAVE WON. I repeat, Montreal has actually won a game.

ag futbol
08-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Watching Mtl-Chi right now leading into the TFC-SKC game. What a dire game. And why anyone would trade for Duka I have no idea.

LCD Eindhoven
08-16-2014, 07:39 PM
Any way to stream this game on iPhone..... On the road

portu
08-16-2014, 07:43 PM
holy shit we get the tsn "c" team

notthesun
08-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Oh god it's Vic Rauter

molenshtain
08-16-2014, 07:45 PM
fucking TSN.... doing the pregame with the national anthems very audible in the background.

dantdot
08-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Hahaha...nice TSN production we've got here.

PopePouri
08-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Mine is worse. MLS Live had the SKC crew with muppet Diego Gutierrez.

ag futbol
08-16-2014, 07:49 PM
Are there no able-voiced soccer commentators in this country? 4 times out of five I reach for the mute button.

Creavalle out. This team needs to ask its trainers some tough question.

Auzzy
08-16-2014, 07:50 PM
The game is on TSN2, but blocked on MLS Live. WTF, that pisses me off. Previously TSN2 games weren't blocked.

Sure I know the ways around that, but it just pisses me off that I pay for a legal stream and there are so many shenanigans.

molenshtain
08-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Now TSN crew with the stat up that Osorio scored his first goal of the season last week.

Ajax TFC
08-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Oh no, it's Vic Rauter

MightyDM
08-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Oh god it's Vic Rauter

I actually like Vic. He is a professional who thoroughly prepares. Sure, he doesn't know soccer, but some of the guys who do are not so insightful either.

Kaz
08-16-2014, 07:57 PM
That back line worries me.

ag futbol
08-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Oduro... at least make contact with that :facepalm:

Ajax TFC
"Odur-OH! Oh"

AlanO
Great ball from Gilberto. Oduro should've buried it.

mowe
08-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Oduro... at least make contact with that :facepalm:

This.

v00d00daddy
08-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Bendik learned nothing from cesar.

ag futbol
08-16-2014, 08:03 PM
For a keeper that is not good with the ball we are using Bednik far too often

portu
08-16-2014, 08:04 PM
I swear to god Bendik.

Morrow cutting out the play like a champ.

[NBF]
08-16-2014, 08:04 PM
wells its been a while

just when i thought i was out, im back in

notthesun
08-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Morrow saves us from Bendik's awful distribution.

edit: Or not...

[NBF]
jackson is an idiot

ag futbol
He's still better than Ted Uncle

Soccerpro
Sporting KC using high pressure and we can't get settled. Does TFC use high pressure? Of course not. Just let them walk around with it...

portu
classic

shwade
Obviously a Penalty.

Kaz
08-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Can we cut Jackson at the end of the season.. please.

cincy
Why not play Orr at fb ?

Ajax TFC
Stupid tackle.Absolutely no reason to fly in like that

Hamilton_Red
Yep - that was predictable...Jackson. Dive though..

Soccerpro
Penalty Sporting KC. Thats what you get for starting Jackson at RB. Bonehead play.

portu
08-16-2014, 08:07 PM
ya i still cant understand why we havent played orr at rb

and bendik goes the wrong way.. again

mowe
What a stupid fucking penalty to give up.

[NBF]
TFC never man marks during corners, its a lack of preparation from nelsen.

Soccerpro
08-16-2014, 08:08 PM
Goal Sporting Kansas City. Bendik has about 100 more penalties to match Frei's TFC record of never saving a penalty over 5 years.

molenshtain
08-16-2014, 08:08 PM
ya i still cant understand why we havent played orr at rb

and bendik goes the wrong way.. again

because Orr is too fucking slow.

dupont
08-16-2014, 08:09 PM
It makes no sense to start Jackson in that position. So frustrating

portu
08-16-2014, 08:09 PM
to beat KC you need a 3 man midfield we fail to grasp this

Alonso
08-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Interesting with Jackson at RB. I like the line up.

Well hindsight is 20/20.

But maybe he's not that great at left back.... lol

Every one makes mistakes.

I still think we're winning this one.

portu
08-16-2014, 08:10 PM
they cant even pronounce names

Alonso
08-16-2014, 08:11 PM
We are really getting threadbare at the back! Jackson as a RB - hope he is disciplined inside the box.

Premonition maybe?

Damn.

Hoping you were wrong.

notthesun
08-16-2014, 08:11 PM
The whole sequence never even happens if Bendik has the ability to properly kick a ball off the ground... his distribution is horrendous. Morrow had to concede the corner to recover and then Jackson screws up.

portu
08-16-2014, 08:12 PM
bradley orr warming up already

Soccerpro
Jackson with another dumb foul in the corner for a Sporting free kick.

molenshtain
;1687837']TFC never man marks during corners, its a lack of preparation from nelsen.

Case A of tonight's manufacturing of "Nelsen is a bad coach" narrative.

Soccerpro
bradley orr warming up already If only he wasn't slow as molasses.

ag futbol
08-16-2014, 08:13 PM
We need to pick it up or it's going to be 2-0 by half

cincy
08-16-2014, 08:13 PM
I'd rather have a "slow" Orr, he also provides leadership back there, he knows what he is doing

ag futbol
08-16-2014, 08:14 PM
Oduro just went nuts at the SKC bench, lol

Or was that our bench? That's not good

[NBF]
08-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Oduro, is trying to get tossed tonight. He's basically outmatched.

Alonso
08-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Case A of tonight's manufacturing of "Nelsen is a bad coach" narrative.

The narrative won't happen because we're winning this fucking game!

:drinking:

pdubs
08-16-2014, 08:16 PM

well he got hip checked by the sporting guy. didn't see the any advantage

Soccerpro
I'd rather have a "slow" Orr, he also provides leadership back there, he knows what he is doing

Do you remember how he ended up on the bench after having a starting place? "leadership" isn't the answer to the question.

notthesun

Or was that our bench? That's not good

4th official or linesman

Kaz
... I'm so angry at Nelsen. He makes dumb mistakes, and rarely makes tactical changes at half. (or at least effective ones)

v00d00daddy
08-16-2014, 08:17 PM
If only he wasn't slow as molasses.

He is slow so why not play him at cb and move Henry or hagglund to rb.

Why put an already poor left sided midfielder to rb?

Oh simple answer...Ryan Nelson is a genius when it comes to player selection and substitutions.

Fuck he's a dummy.

Also...our team needs to STOP complaining to the officiating staff during the game. They've made their opinions clear. Nelsen needs to shut his mouth and tell the rest of the staff and his players to do the same.

All the complaining will do now is get us worse treatment. We can't afford that.

[NBF]
08-16-2014, 08:19 PM
SKC, is just more talented in their attack.

pdubs
08-16-2014, 08:19 PM
we give up the ball so easily. been an issue the entire season. don't care that we are playing the counter, we need to be efficient when we have the ball and make it count.

portu
08-16-2014, 08:21 PM
holy shit

[NBF]
Too much pressure on the backline.

Alonso
He is slow so why not play him at cb and move Henry or hagglund to rb.

Why put an already poor left sided midfielder to rb?

Oh simple answer...Ryan Nelson is a genius when it comes to player selection and substitutions.

Fuck he's a dummy.

Also...our team needs to STOP complaining to the officiating staff during the game. They've made their opinions clear. Nelsen needs to shut his mouth and tell the rest of the staff and his players to do the same.

All the complaining will do now is get us worse treatment. We can't afford that.

He was thinking offense up the right side with Jackson at RB.

Let's see if it pans out.

molenshtain
what a fucking awful call. fucking fuckinf fucking fucking fucking fucking fucking

never mind. Just saw the replay...

ag futbol
This is awful.

Kaz
I don't know if I can watch much more of this.. this is just pathetic.

dupont
08-16-2014, 08:22 PM
Sadly, this is what I was expecting from this game.

Alonso
Fuck

Hamilton_Red
Brutal! Another stylish dive.

ag futbol
He was thinking offense up the right side with Jackson at RB.

Let's see if it pans out.
He should be substituted at half at the rate this is going.

mowe
It's going to be one of those days...

notthesun
lol, pack it in boys

portu
08-16-2014, 08:23 PM
aaaaand bendik wrong way again

if im nelsen im scouting for a QUALITY keeper this offseason

henry did not need to go to ground there at all. so frustrating

pdubs
nelson needs to adjust right now. 2-0 in 30 mins. fucking make a sub or two, dictate the change to kc. waiting till the 60th min wont cut it.

-more like 70th knowing nelson

Inklink
This ref is a piece of shit. Get out of the way you idiot.

Also, has Bendik ever guessed even the right way on a PK, let alone stop one?

Soccerpro
08-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Tough for our back line, continually under pressure.

I occasionally see other team's goalkeepers save penalties, Milos Kocic did it once. It seems Joe Bendik learned how to save penalties from Stefan Frei, who was never able to guess the correct side, let alone save the ball.

notthesun
08-16-2014, 08:25 PM
Doneil Henry has 63 MLS appearances.

AdamAM
08-16-2014, 08:25 PM
If you're going to deflect a ball straight to an SKC player 6 yards in front of our net the least you could do is NOT call that penalty... fucking bush league

[NBF]
08-16-2014, 08:26 PM
Bradley has to drop deeper from midfield and play more like torsten frings. Basically TFC has to be playin a 4-1-2-3.

Hagglund------Orr-------Henry----Morrow
------------------Bradley----------------
----------Jackson--------Osorio----------
Moore------------------------------Oduro
-----------------Gilberto

Yohan

I occasionally see other team's goalkeepers save penalties, Milos Kocic did it once. It seems Joe Bendik learned how to save penalties from Stefan Frei, who was never able to guess the correct side, let alone save the ball.
even Frei saved a PK the other week

portu

GUESS? If he's guessing then im worried. theyre supposed to scout pks if he cant remember than get the kid a cheat sheet

pdubs
08-16-2014, 08:27 PM
bendik is fine and a quality keeper. look at his whole level of contribution since last season. how about we help him out by not getting into terrible positions. he has already saved a goal tn with the huge punch out. he has bailed us out plenty of times.

jloome
08-16-2014, 08:27 PM
If you're going to deflect a ball straight to an SKC player 6 yards in front of our net the least you could do is NOT call that penalty... fucking bush league

He played them into an advantage in our box. He could've stopped play and played a drop ball from the point, but he chose not to. Pretty bush league is right.

molenshtain
08-16-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm gonna need to get high at half-time to get through this. just not our night and evidently we're not quiet in the top, top tier of MLS teams quite yet.

notthesun
08-16-2014, 08:28 PM
lol is Rauter seriously saying we have a selection problem when Defoe comes back? fucking LOL

portu
08-16-2014, 08:29 PM
why isnt gilberto taking that

MightyDM
Sorry, but I dont buy the anti Nelsen BS. Both those penalties were plays where the attacking player kicked the ball out for goal kicks and were brought down in circumstances where they had no possibility of reaching the ball whatsoever. If those are PK's, the league will need to start calling fouls that they let go every day ( see previous game vs KC, when if it was called this way three KC guys would have been sent off). Cannot blame Nelsen for that,sorry.

ag futbol
We have to be the worst team in the league at converting dead ball situations.

jloome
I'm gonna need to get high at half-time to get through this. just not our night and evidently we're not quiet in the top, top tier of MLS teams quite yet.

It's not done yet. Our team has the personnel to come back, potentially.

MightyDM
08-16-2014, 08:30 PM
He played them into an advantage in our box. He could've stopped play and played a drop ball from the point, but he chose not to. Pretty bush league is right.

Good point

Alonso
08-16-2014, 08:30 PM

It ain't over yet... this team DOES comebacks!

dupont
08-16-2014, 08:31 PM
KC is just a higher quality full team than TFC. It's obvious. I feel like TFC is capable of being that kind of team though but it takes time. Probably more than one season.

shwade
Hagglunds played at right back before and he was good at it. Wtf is Nelsen playing at putting Jackson at a brand new position against the best team in the league when you couldve had Hagglund a proven defender back there and put Orr at centre back for some much needed leadership.

Also, Gilberto should be taking these free kicks.

ag futbol
Sorry, but I dont buy the anti Nelsen BS. Both those penalties were plays where the attacking player kicked the ball out for goal kicks and were brought down in circumstances where they had no possibility of reaching the ball whatsoever. If those are PK's, the league will need to start calling fouls that they let go every day ( see previous game vs KC, when if it was called this way three KC guys would have been sent off). Cannot blame Nelsen for that,sorry.
Ignoring that the first one was actually a penalty and we've been completely outplayed, I guess this sort of makes sense.

Hamilton_Red
They were very poor calls. But knowing how bad Mls referees are...naive defending.

pdubs
hope lovitz gets a good run tn. always looking to get forward. maybe even dike (tho he needs to be slowly introduced)

[NBF]
08-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Gilberto and Osorio must be twins, since the announcer cant tell them apart

notthesun

They were both stone cold, all day every day penalties. Ball position doesn't matter, either by the rules or by how refs actually ref the game.

What sucks about the PKs is Bendik's shitty distribution led to the first one, a lucky bounce off the ref led to the second, and both were unnecessarily aggressive challenges.

jloome
Hagglunds played at right back before and he was good at it. Wtf is Nelsen playing at putting Jackson at a brand new position against the best team in the league when you couldve had Hagglund a proven defender back there and put Orr at centre back for some much needed leadership.

Also, Gilberto should be taking these free kicks.

He was a defender in Brazil.

Alonso
08-16-2014, 08:33 PM
Nice run of play right there by TFC!!!!!

Hamilton_Red
08-16-2014, 08:33 PM
We've got to put some pressure on this goalie!

pdubs
08-16-2014, 08:34 PM
yea jackson has played the position. not brand new. just an extremely fast and physical player with terrible judgement and first touch.

ag futbol
That was sick

[NBF]
nice goal

portu
Fuck yes whatta touch

molenshtain
08-16-2014, 08:35 PM
it ain't over yet... This team does comebacks!

this team does fucking comebacks!!!!!

Inklink
What a finish!

Mark TFC
Gilberto!

dupont
That was an amazing finish. Gilberto has some serious skills

Alonso
We've got to put some pressure on this goalie!

Honestly I think that was the reasoning behind Jackson at RB.

He's played RB before plus it adds offense down the right with Oduro to challenge the 3rd string KC goalie.

That's good tactics if you ask me.

Just hasn't worked out yet.

EDIT: GOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!! GILBERTOOOO! From Oduro~!

pdubs
btw I am glad the talk of Gilberto not being a proper striker (from some on this board) has died completely. Such a quality striker with a very good defensive work rate.

MightyDM
08-16-2014, 08:36 PM
We are going to get penalties in the second have. Dive, Gilberto, dive!

Blixa
Hell yeah! Gilberto is a beast.

Hamilton_Red
Giiiiiiiiibertooooooooooo! :scarf:

notthesun
Let's see Urruti do that.

AdamAM

I wouldn't expect a drop ball, never seen that happen in this type of situation. What I DO expect is some basic comprehension of the sport he is reffing. You just single handedly gave one of the most lethal scorers in the league a 1 way ticket to our net, if he's getting taken down, you fix the problem by not giving the PK, and thank Garber they didn't score off of that. Plain and simple.

mowe
WHAT a finish by Gilberto. Dude is firing on all cylinders now.

jloome
Oh baby. Gilbertron with the auto finish!

JayMolly
It's Not over until it's over.

Mark TFC
08-16-2014, 08:37 PM
Great goal at the end of the first half. Now let's take that and make a run for it in the second!

Kaz
08-16-2014, 08:37 PM
I just wish we had a full back line.

molenshtain
08-16-2014, 08:38 PM
I don't know why but Collen Warner's voice cracks me up.

v00d00daddy
Beauty!!!

I hope Nelsen subs out Warner. I like him but he and Bradley in the middle of the midfield is merely 1.5 players.

I'd move Osorio in to the middle. Sub out Warner and replace him with an attacking winger. Lovitz or even dero. And I hate Deros game but it is what it is. Lol

Kara Lang is a TFC employee instead of a reporter. Why do they keep mentioning officiating?

So unprofessional.

ag futbol
Should consider ourselves lucky we aren't completely out of it. That was the worst performance by any TFC player this year in the first half by Jackson. What were we thinking putting him back there? Not only was he bad in that spot, but it takes away a valuable piece we could use for a substitute in midfield.

Mark TFC
08-16-2014, 08:39 PM
I don't know why but Collen Warner's voice cracks me up.

I thought the same thing haha!

shwade
08-16-2014, 08:40 PM
btw I am glad the talk of Gilberto not being a proper striker (from some on this board) has died completely. Such a quality striker with a very good defensive work rate.

Those geniuses got real quiet the last few weeks.

ag futbol
08-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Let's see Urruti do that.
Question is: does it work that way when Defoe plays or is it a case of two forwards who need service that don't play well together? Not withstanding some good combination play at the start of the season it doesn't seem like a natural pairing. Well, at least he's a recognizable asset as opposed to an anchor at this point.

pdubs
08-16-2014, 08:41 PM
Beauty!!!

I hope Nelsen subs out Warner. I like him but he and Bradley in the middle of the midfield is merely 1.5 players.

I'd move Osorio in to the middle. Sub out Warner and replace him with an attacking winger. Lovitz or even dero. And I hate Deros game but it is what it is. Lol

Kara Lang is a TFC employee instead of a reporter. Why do they keep mentioning officiating?

So unprofessional.

I agree move Oso inside, put lovitz out wide and let bradley hold and shoot balls over to Gilberto we he sees the opportunity.

Auzzy
Some of the comments on here, wow, a bit over the top.

Alonso
It's Not over until it's over.

Fat lady hasn't sung yet!

v00d00daddy
08-16-2014, 08:42 PM
Also sub out Jackson for Orr and move hagglund to rb.

Then save the last sub for the last 10-15 minutes for an attacking player if we're still down a goal (Lovitz or dero depending on who comes in first)

Please do it Nelsen.

Instead I predict he does nothing until the 75th minute and it's too late by then because we coild be down another goal.

portu
08-16-2014, 08:43 PM
Kara Lang is a TFC employee instead of a reporter.

ya but shes hot so its ok

notthesun
08-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Question is: does it work that way when Defoe plays or is it a case of two forwards who need service that don't play well together? Not withstanding some good combination play at the start of the season it doesn't seem like a natural pairing. Well, at least he's a recognizable asset as opposed to an anchor at this point.

I say give it time. Gilberto is finally rounding into form, and since he's turned it on I'm not sure he's even started a game with Defoe yet.

pdubs
08-16-2014, 08:48 PM
did these tsn duds just call Lampard relatively young? or was it tongue and cheek?

molenshtain
08-16-2014, 08:55 PM
Wait, Richter is back? I saw him just last week playing for the fury.

MightyDM
08-16-2014, 08:55 PM
I really dislike KC. Dirty, and complainers.

[NBF]
08-16-2014, 08:57 PM
before henry knocked the bal out of bounds skc had four guys going forward...

molenshtain
08-16-2014, 08:58 PM
fuckkkkk.... Gid damn he's good though. so fast and strong.

notthesun
Gilberto is so fucking fast. Man what a shame he couldn't bury that.

Juliao should get a yellow for that tug though, you can play advantage and give a card after ref.

AdamAM
Holy smokes this is what we bought you for gilberto

Ajax TFC
08-16-2014, 08:59 PM
I'm afraid that it won't. Defoe has never been a goal provider. He feeds off of service from other players. So apart from the fact that defenses will have to split their defensive efforts between him and Defoe, I don't see Defoe helping Gilberto play all that much better. Though Defoe won't make him any worse.

mowe
08-16-2014, 08:59 PM
shiiiit gilberto almost did it all himself, not gonna lie pretty disappointed he didn't finish

Mark TFC
08-16-2014, 09:00 PM
Gilberto is so fucking fast. Man what a shame he couldn't bury that.

Juliao should get a yellow for that tug though, you can play advantage and give a card after ref.

I agree. Card should have been shown. But goddam... what speed by Gilberto eh!

jloome
08-16-2014, 09:01 PM
We've changed our defensive approach to high containment.

Alonso
08-16-2014, 09:05 PM
!!!!!! Nice run by Gilberto!!!!!!

molenshtain
We've changed our defensive approach to high containment.

Bradley and Warner also seem to have switched roles.

Alonso
Gilberto should have made one more touch to side step the keeper

khso11
08-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Moore seems like he's out of ideas, time to make a sub

AdamAM
Gilberto has firmly solidified his spot in the starting 11. If he's put on the bench in favour of Moore when Defoe comes back I will lose my shit (Wiedeman taking his place is ok though)

MightyDM
This game is calling out for DeRo

pdubs
Moore seems like he's out of ideas, time to make a sub

Dike! (tho worried about a re-injury lol )

jloome
08-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Now we're sitting back again. What the fuck. We have to pressure the ball, not play the counter.

khso11
08-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Dike! (tho worried about a re-injury lol )

ya, that's the problem for Dike.

khso11
08-16-2014, 09:10 PM
OMG , no way

molenshtain
08-16-2014, 09:10 PM
fuck.

notthesun
08-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Well. Can't do much about that.

ag futbol
Returning from my trip to Taco bell, that defending was more dubious than the meat quality of what I'm eating.

portu
Bendik out

pdubs
08-16-2014, 09:12 PM
i guess nelson is satisfied. no changes yet. sticking to his 70th minute action.

Kaz
08-16-2014, 09:13 PM
... we are being just totally dominated.

nonc
08-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Bendik could only ever shot block and he can't even do that anymore. He was cheating right and still couldn't stop it lol.

khso11
08-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Comon Nelsen, make a sub FFS

pdubs
08-16-2014, 09:16 PM
Comon Nelsen, make a sub FFS

he doesn't believe in them

khso11
08-16-2014, 09:16 PM
common passssssssssssssssssssssssss

Alonso
08-16-2014, 09:17 PM