PDA

View Full Version : Morrow & Creavalle/Bloom - The best FB combo(s) we've ever had?

CBTFC
08-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Was thinking earlier today that FB's don't get as much love as they should, and was wondering what other people thought about TFC's current setup.

Hands down Justin Morrow is the best LB we've ever had, there's a good reason we don't see Morgan anymore. You don't hear Morrow's name much during the game, but that's a good thing.

And up until his injury, I thought Bloom was doing a more than adequate job at RB. In his absence, Creavalle has filled the void and though he has a couple mistakes here and there I believe he's done a solid job.

Now, is this the best combo we've had at this position? I think so.

molenshtain
08-11-2014, 06:27 PM
I'm getting me a Bloom jersey. Great fuckin' RB.

But otherwise yeah, It's a great pair and could pretty much rival any FB pairing in the league, at least on this year's form.

OgtheDim
08-11-2014, 07:27 PM
I would love to see the back four for the next 3 seasons include Bloom, Morrow, Henry and Hagglund with a wise veteran to be a 3rd CD . A steady back 4 is really important in this league.

TFC1154ever
08-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Met Bloom on Saturday at the taste of Danforth. Really nice guy. Guys been a stud and he makes peanuts on the cap. He's been a great pickup.

prizby
08-11-2014, 08:51 PM
jim brennan/todd dunivant/marvel wynne?

razor787
08-12-2014, 02:07 AM
Brennan was alright, but I didn't find him to be overly good. Dunivant was injured for much of the time I started following the club, and Wynne was ppure speed, no skill.
The only one who might be better is TD, only judged by his success since he's left the club.

Fort York Redcoat
08-12-2014, 08:16 AM

Good comparison.

Both sets have pluses and minuses for me.

Creavalle reminds me of Wynne only so far that he's raw athleticism and speed and can worry me for the chances he takes but he's been great and exciting and I hope he can show the consistency Wynne showed us and now Colorado. Morrow I hear his name way more than his position merits but I have no issue his forward play but he's another risk taker in the midfield. Both these players I'll enjoy watching till I don't and I suspect they'll live and die by the risks they take. Love what I've seen but for the odd play.

PopePouri
08-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Was thinking earlier today that FB's don't get as much love as they should, and was wondering what other people thought about TFC's current setup.

Hands down Justin Morrow is the best LB we've ever had, there's a good reason we don't see Morgan anymore. You don't hear Morrow's name much during the game, but that's a good thing.

And up until his injury, I thought Bloom was doing a more than adequate job at RB. In his absence, Creavalle has filled the void and though he has a couple mistakes here and there I believe he's done a solid job.

Now, is this the best combo we've had at this position? I think so.

If Morrow played for Seattle or LA, he would have been an All-star.

trane
08-12-2014, 09:35 AM

Brennan and Duni were the next best pair, but the present fullbacks are much better. Wynne, nice guy, great pace, poor defender.

Ultra & Proud
08-12-2014, 10:13 AM
Hščanovičs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raivis_H%C5%A1%C4%8Danovi%C4%8Ds), Usanov, & Gargan FTW!

Oldtimer
08-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Hščanovičs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raivis_H%C5%A1%C4%8Danovi%C4%8Ds), Usanov, & Gargan FTW!

bwahaha.

I wonder if it's the FB combo, or the fact that they are being coached by a once top-flight defender. Either way the D is looking more solid than any time except when Prekiball meant that we had 10 defenders.

Carts
08-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Nick Garcia - N.Garcia - Garcia - Garcia, Nick...

^ THERE'S A BACK-4!!!

g:D

ag futbol
08-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Brennan was awful. He'd stand 10 yards off his man to not get beat on the dribble and willingly let shots / crosses fly past him. He'd simultaneously blow his marking assignments and chew out teammates for their defending.

Wynne was good, so was Dunivant. I think our current group takes the prize though, without much of a contest.

TFC07
08-12-2014, 01:10 PM
This current group is good, but they have cost some goals this year which hurt us in the standings. Given our history, they're best FB by default.

C.Ronaldo
08-12-2014, 01:46 PM
why doesnt the title ask if they are a flop?

PopePouri
08-12-2014, 02:35 PM

That only applies to Gilberto.

Oldtimer
08-12-2014, 03:20 PM

That only applies to Gilberto.

You only hate one player at a time. Gilberto was it. Now that he's scoring, apparently it's our "often injured" Defoe.

trane
08-13-2014, 06:27 AM
Brennan was awful. He'd stand 10 yards off his man to not get beat on the dribble and willingly let shots / crosses fly past him. He'd simultaneously blow his marking assignments and chew out teammates for their defending.

Wynne was good, so was Dunivant. I think our current group takes the prize though, without much of a contest.

In what world was Wynne a good defender?

JonO
08-13-2014, 08:26 AM
As I recall, Brennan/Dunivant played mostly on the same side. (one left mid and one left back). They did play well together and overlap nicely...

jabbronies
08-13-2014, 09:37 AM

he was a good guy :)

jabbronies
08-13-2014, 09:42 AM
I would love to see the back four for the next 3 seasons include Bloom, Morrow, Henry and Hagglund with a wise veteran to be a 3rd CD . A steady back 4 is really important in this league.

none of those guys are ready to marshal the back line.

We need a replacement for Caldwell. A veteran who can give us another 2-3 seasons at most.
Hopefully by then Henry is ready to step up as back line captain - but in all honesty I don't see him as that kind of player. I see Hagglund more in that role.

Yohan
08-13-2014, 09:53 AM

Same one that led Rapids to MLS cup final in 2010 :p

Phil
08-13-2014, 09:55 AM
Same one that led Rapids to MLS cup final in 2010 :p

He was one of the player on that team, but I would be hard pressed to rate his defensive play as one of the tops in this league. He is a great athlete but lacks a football mind that good defenders have.

reggie
08-13-2014, 03:19 PM
You only hate one player at a time. Gilberto was it. Now that he's scoring, apparently it's our "often injured" Defoe.

come on people...why are we talking about actual players,when we should be talking about tv ratings and other important stuff like that:scarf:

Ultra & Proud
08-13-2014, 03:28 PM
come on people...why are we talking about actual players,when we should be talking about tv ratings and other important stuff like that:scarf:
This is true. Hate it when these threads get all side tracked with player news and football stuff.

Anyway, how 'bout them shitty TV ratings for our TSN2 broadcasts? :o

MartinUtd
08-15-2014, 01:57 PM
Yeah my bad for questioning our dp striker who was in terrible form and had yet to prove anything. Also my bad for starting an actual discussion on the merits of a player and their place on the roster.

Now back to the regular circlejerk.

Ps- Morrow is great, best fullback we've had by a country mile. Bloom fills the role well but you get what you pay for. Craville is still a question mark.

Alonso
08-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Yeah my bad for questioning our dp striker who was in terrible form and had yet to prove anything. Also my bad for starting an actual discussion on the merits of a player and their place on the roster.

Now back to the regular circlejerk.

Ps- Morrow is great, best fullback we've had by a country mile. Bloom fills the role well but you get what you pay for. Craville is still a question mark.

What do you have against circle jerks?

What did circle jerks ever do to you?!?

TFCwestcan
08-15-2014, 06:29 PM
Interesting that Eckersley has been such a dud in NY. Also interesting that he is not missed at all here.

trane
08-16-2014, 12:53 PM
He was one of the player on that team, but I would be hard pressed to rate his defensive play as one of the tops in this league. He is a great athlete but lacks a football mind that good defenders have.

Exactly.

Alonso
08-16-2014, 04:33 PM
Interesting that Eckersley has been such a dud in NY. Also interesting that he is not missed at all here.

Yeah he's getting zero playing time in NY, and no one mentions him since he left.

Maybe he was "an ordinary full back" after all?

Joe Kool
08-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Yeah he's getting zero playing time in NY, and no one mentions him since he left.

Maybe he was "an ordinary full back" after all?

Damn that's funny. Until I just read this thread I had forgotten all about Ecks and that he was on NY. Guess guys who ride the bench when they leave are easy to forget.