OgtheDim
08-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Hopefully he has a good time.

Walms
08-09-2014, 11:30 AM
great Thread idea! ill be checking back often to see how Jordan is progressing

dantdot
08-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Caught the end of the first half. Technically looked good, better than USL.

ag futbol
08-09-2014, 12:02 PM
^ So did he play / do well?

dantdot
08-09-2014, 12:05 PM
^ So did he play / do well?

It's half right now. He's on the bench.

portu
08-09-2014, 12:19 PM
agreed much better than USL-Pro

Red CB Toronto
08-09-2014, 12:22 PM
Where can u watch the games?

dantdot
08-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Where can u watch the games?

http://tvfree.me/ver/benfica-tv-online
http://gofirstrow.eu/watch/274265/1/watch-sl-benfica-b-vs-cd-trofense.html

dantdot
08-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Hamilton coming on

Red CB Toronto
08-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Will we be able to get broadcasts each and every week of his games?

dantdot
08-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Final: 3-2 Benfica B. Hamilton came on in the '65 and didn't get many touches. Trofense player got a dubious second yellow 10 min after he came on which obviously hampered it for them. Trofense also played a dangerous high line and were almost beat numerous times.

Morlesio14
08-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Thank you for making this thread so we can get back to focusing on the rest of the players on the other thread

xibonda
08-09-2014, 01:40 PM
follow my in twitter: https://twitter.com/trofense1930

#jordanbaby

xibonda
08-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Final: 3-2 Benfica B. Hamilton came on in the '65 and didn't get many touches. Trofense player got a dubious second yellow 10 min after he came on which obviously hampered it for them. Trofense also played a dangerous high line and were almost beat numerous times.

i agree, ridiculous the red card and the penalty.

xibonda
08-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Will we be able to get broadcasts each and every week of his games?

no, just in some games.

it's important say that this team is one of the most strongest teams in this championship

C.Ronaldo
08-10-2014, 09:44 PM
What happens if Benfica B wins second division?

Do they go to the premeira divisao?

xibonda
08-11-2014, 07:32 AM
What happens if Benfica B wins second division?

Do they go to the premeira divisao?

B teams can't get promoted.

right.

jabbronies
08-11-2014, 08:52 AM
B teams can't get promoted.

MLS should have a league like that. Where B teams can get some high calabre games under their belt.

Shway
08-12-2014, 08:06 AM
MLS should have a league like that. Where B teams can get some high calabre games under their belt.

its called USLPro and what the Galaxy are currently doing and more in 2015

jloome
08-12-2014, 08:14 AM
That's wilmingtons league. The drop off is considerable.

jabbronies
08-12-2014, 04:10 PM

That's wilmingtons league. The drop off is considerable.

It is what it is. I think if more MLS teams start to get their B teams in that same division it would help to bring the standard up.
I just like the idea of having a secondary league where players can play against guys they could potentially face/play with in a year or two down the road.

xibonda
08-13-2014, 02:38 PM
today he played in the initial team during [50,60] minutes.

looked a little fat and very lazy.

but he showed a good technique with the ball.

he failed a very easy goal

snowcrash
08-13-2014, 03:42 PM

That's just a broken down, homeless person version of Berbatov, where he logs fewer km's per game than the goalkeeper.

OgtheDim
08-13-2014, 06:25 PM

As we know over here, players that come from another culture often have issues adjusting and often miss easy goals at first.

Make him run around a bit and lose that fat. That's possibly one reason why he's with you - make him work a little harder.

xibonda
08-14-2014, 08:01 AM
http://videos.sapo.pt/LklWeZcWUig19AmV9p52

here have the highlights of the game. after minute 1, you can see two good chances missed by jordan hamilton.

prizby
08-14-2014, 04:00 PM

here have the highlights of the game. after minute 1, you can see two good chances missed by jordan hamilton.

he uses his body well and position's himself well, which he is very good at; i think you'll enjoy him and see more positive stuff as the season goes on; there certainly is a big learning curve for him as he adapts to a new language and country

PopePouri
08-14-2014, 04:04 PM

He had a slow start as well at Wilmington but he's a decent finisher. He won't miss many like that. Expect more of this:

http://youtu.be/vQicezRaL0k

jloome
08-14-2014, 05:34 PM

I suspect the purpose of this loan is to show him that at a proper professional leavel (which USL Pro still isn't) you can't coast on size and talent, you have to work hard all the time.

They want him playing for the first team here, eventually, or they wouldn't have signed him last season. I don't think this loan is about exposure to other teams; it's about exposing Hamilton to the speed and work rate of a proper pro division.

Even if he fails miserably it'll be good for his game.

Kaz
08-14-2014, 06:55 PM

Ya being as he has been playing on a tier 3 North American Team, it is going to take him a little bit to adjust. Though in both situations he was in the right spot and just had a bad touch. Once the nerves settle he'll do fine I think.

JuliquE
08-15-2014, 06:29 AM
Oh, wow! Really?!

I'd have said he just looks stalky and powerful. Hunh.. interesting.

Looked to have been in great shape, just days earlier:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt0PWttCAAE9atl.jpg

Really appreciate the updates, anyway.

xibonda
08-16-2014, 09:16 AM
i hope he keep his evolution and help us and give us very hapiness.

but he seems like he was born in lazy town. g:D
i hope he will is better in the future and improve his weakness

Richard
08-16-2014, 11:50 AM
I wouldn't worry about Xibonda's comments about Jordan being lazy. Its to be expected when you are used to a higher level of skill and physical ability, the Portuguese 2nd division is still out of reach for a lot of MLS players. You cant really say he isn't fit considering he was starting every game at Wilmington, this a big physical adjustment from the USL Pro league for him.

I have to agree that this is more of a wakeup call for Jordan, he is mostly there to understand what it means to be a pro in EU and in a competitive environment that isn't reproducible in North America.

Dub Narcotic
08-16-2014, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't worry about Xibonda's comments about Jordan being lazy. Its to be expected when you are used to a higher level of skill and physical ability, the Portuguese 2nd division is still out of reach for a lot of MLS players. You cant really say he isn't fit considering he was starting every game at Wilmington, this a big physical adjustment from the USL Pro league for him.

I have to agree that this is more of a wakeup call for Jordan, he is mostly there to understand what it means to be a pro in EU and in a competitive environment that isn't reproducible in North America.

He wasn't starting every game at Wilmington, far from it. Samuel Ochoa was the main forward, Hamilton was often used as a sub and fitness could very well be an issue.

FitnessIn
08-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Hello all, I am an old fitness coach of Jordan from his Provincial team days and am good friends with the trainers at TFCA. He is actually (usually) the most fit. He's won every beep test, speed test and jump test that I've been apart of and I can also say the same from keeping tabs on him in the Academy through former colleagues. He has a very non-chalant style about him, often confused for laziness.
Fun fact: Jordan is the city wide cross-country and track and field champion throughout middle school and high school and I believe he still holds some records.
Just thought I'd defend the kid a little as none of you probably know him on a personal level.

Alonso
08-17-2014, 05:09 PM
Hello all, I am an old fitness coach of Jordan from his Provincial team days and am good friends with the trainers at TFCA. He is actually (usually) the most fit. He's won every beep test, speed test and jump test that I've been apart of and I can also say the same from keeping tabs on him in the Academy through former colleagues. He has a very non-chalant style about him, often confused for laziness.
Fun fact: Jordan is the city wide cross-country and track and field champion throughout middle school and high school and I believe he still holds some records.
Just thought I'd defend the kid a little as none of you probably know him on a personal level.

There you go, right from the horses mouth.

Thanks for sharing.

xibonda
08-18-2014, 11:26 AM

man, i believe he is this all in north america, but here, in europe he don't win a physical confront, a speed confront and his agressivity index are very low. though, he is in adaptation phase and i have absolutely certainly he will improve.

PopePouri
08-18-2014, 11:46 AM
man, i believe he is this all in north america, but here, in europe he don't win a physical confront, a speed confront and his agressivity index are very low. though, he is in adaptation phase and i have absolutely certainly he will improve.

Not when you're a no. 9. I'm sure Eder and Jackson Martinez would disagree with you.

xibonda
08-18-2014, 11:58 AM
Not when you're a no. 9. I'm sure Eder and Jackson Martinez would disagree with you.

about what?

jackson is world class and eder a very good player.

PopePouri
08-18-2014, 12:21 PM
about what?

Both Martinez and Eder are physical and aggressive at centre-forwards who play up top usually by themselves. Physicality is a requirement (most certainly at no.9 and centre-half) in Europe unless you're Barcelona.

xibonda
08-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Both Martinez and Eder are physical and aggressive at centre-forwards who play up top usually by themselves. Physicality is a requirement (most certainly at no.9 and centre-half) in Europe unless you're Barcelona.

but that's what i'm saying. at this momento jordan hasn't that atributes but i think that this is a great oportunity for him to improve that aspects.

BeachTory
08-18-2014, 04:01 PM

the level of euro snob in this post is unusually high. You say 2nd div in Portugal out of reach for a lot of MLS players. really?

http://comparetheleagues.com/european-league-stats/second-divisions/

a league that has an average attendance of 910 per game? 910?

wow - they must be able to really pay the big bucks to hold onto all that talent.

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/view/1012-37

nope - average wages in Portugal is 2500 euro per month. 30k per year or $40k ( in fairness to my level of snarkiness, I was shocked it was this high. moving on...)

the middle pay check of all 557 MLS players is US$75,000 http://www.sounderatheart.com/2013/5/6/4306550/mls-player-salaries-analysis-charts-and-tables
median is the player in the middle, mister 278, and his compensation.

so, those "higher skill level and fitter" 2nd div Portuguese players are just cheap, under paid talents that would rip up MLS if they could only be noticed? really?

so, why would a 2nd div. Portuguese team reach out for a third div. player ( he was playing in USL Pro) in north America? SURELY there is an abundance of local players who speak the language that would fit in with so much more talent. no - that league is no where as good as you fantasize.

will Hamilton adjust? we shall see. But, you really need to get over your fawning on a clearly incorrect stance of where leagues rank.

not that I have any strong opinions on topics like these....

jloome
08-18-2014, 04:13 PM
but that's what i'm saying. at this momento jordan hasn't that atributes but i think that this is a great oportunity for him to improve that aspects.

Technique, maybe, but if you think European players are in some way fitter than over here, you're not exhibiting much knowledge of professionalism over here. Fredy Montero is a top striker in the Portugese first division but he was more of a playermaker here; it's a different type of football and that's partly because players learn technique and reading the game later, but don't kid yourself that they're not as fit as in Europe. That's just silly.

azorean
08-18-2014, 04:38 PM
Technique, maybe, but if you think European players are in some way fitter than over here, you're not exhibiting much knowledge of professionalism over here. Fredy Montero is a top striker in the Portugese first division but he was more of a playermaker here; it's a different type of football and that's partly because players learn technique and reading the game later, but don't kid yourself that they're not as fit as in Europe. That's just silly.

speaking of Montero, the guy is on a horrid streak, i don't think he has scored since last December ( including preseason).....been reading some comments from Sporting fans and patience is starting to wear thin, would not be surprised if he eventually returns to MLS.

Ruffian
08-18-2014, 04:39 PM
Portugal's second division is a big step up from USL Pro but it is still a long way from MLS. If (big if) he has some success in that league, he will still have a long road ahead of him to get into an MLS squad like Toronto FC.

Richard
08-18-2014, 05:06 PM
SNIP

I meant USL Pro instead of MLS because that's the league Hamilton was playing in, I mentioned in the next line it was an adjustment going from USL to the 2nd division.

I didn't reread that sentence and change that. Sorry.

I'm going to disagree somewhat about salaries though. Some players would take less money if they are playing consistently and are in an environment where they can potentially be scouted by big clubs easily, even though they compete with a lot more players, they still might think that because they are closer to home they would be easier to discover.

I don't agree with that mentality entirely. You still see lots of young players here in Canada go to Europe, but sometimes it would be probably be better if they stayed closer to home than get burned out. Those already in that environment though would rather not leave because they think its another world where soccer doesn't exist. MLS still has to get over that stigma that players wont be discovered here.

xibonda
08-18-2014, 05:28 PM
the level of euro snob in this post is unusually high. You say 2nd div in Portugal out of reach for a lot of MLS players. really?

http://comparetheleagues.com/european-league-stats/second-divisions/

a league that has an average attendance of 910 per game? 910?

wow - they must be able to really pay the big bucks to hold onto all that talent.

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/view/1012-37

nope - average wages in Portugal is 2500 euro per month. 30k per year or $40k ( in fairness to my level of snarkiness, I was shocked it was this high. moving on...)

the middle pay check of all 557 MLS players is US$75,000 http://www.sounderatheart.com/2013/5/6/4306550/mls-player-salaries-analysis-charts-and-tables
median is the player in the middle, mister 278, and his compensation.

so, those "higher skill level and fitter" 2nd div Portuguese players are just cheap, under paid talents that would rip up MLS if they could only be noticed? really?

so, why would a 2nd div. Portuguese team reach out for a third div. player ( he was playing in USL Pro) in north America? SURELY there is an abundance of local players who speak the language that would fit in with so much more talent. no - that league is no where as good as you fantasize.

will Hamilton adjust? we shall see. But, you really need to get over your fawning on a clearly incorrect stance of where leagues rank.

not that I have any strong opinions on topics like these....

business,marketing. like other players we have and had. colombia, ghana, belgium, ecuador, spaniard. we were the only team in portugal with ecuador's player to years ago. in portugal the soccer is a market very influenced by businessmen

montero here isn't a top striker, he don't score for 9 months. he plays as a striker who plays with his back to the goal, with good touch on the ball and engages the team in the game, not a striker to score goals .

Fushida
08-19-2014, 09:36 AM
Why the fuck are we getting so defensive about Jordan Hamilton? We need updates, we're getting them along with some opinion on how he looks on the pitch. The kid is young, he's not going to be perfect, and knowing his potential weaknesses from criticism is going to be useful going forward for him.

You know what doesn't help? Telling the critics to go fuck off because he's our boy, their league sucks and gets no attendance and has low salaries (what kind of a shit argument is this anyways for the quality of a league?), and things are different here vs there so it's alright.

Players go to Europe for the European style training. Even low tier teams not sitting behind a mound of cash like more fortunate teams such as ours can potentially have coaches and trainers who have experienced it at the higher level, or who have been shown the ropes by those at a higher level. Can you honestly say you can get that here, at every team? Even just seeing how training works in a different continent with a different mindset towards the game can improve your knowledge.

Thank you for the updates Xibonda.

jloome
08-19-2014, 11:02 AM
Why the fuck are we getting so defensive about Jordan Hamilton? We need updates, we're getting them along with some opinion on how he looks on the pitch. The kid is young, he's not going to be perfect, and knowing his potential weaknesses from criticism is going to be useful going forward for him.

You know what doesn't help? Telling the critics to go fuck off because he's our boy, their league sucks and gets no attendance and has low salaries (what kind of a shit argument is this anyways for the quality of a league?), and things are different here vs there so it's alright.

Players go to Europe for the European style training. Even low tier teams not sitting behind a mound of cash like more fortunate teams such as ours can potentially have coaches and trainers who have experienced it at the higher level, or who have been shown the ropes by those at a higher level. Can you honestly say you can get that here, at every team? Even just seeing how training works in a different continent with a different mindset towards the game can improve your knowledge.

Thank you for the updates Xibonda.

Yeah, dont overreact to a reasonably polite discussion or anything...,

did you have speed for breakfast or something? Nobody told the guy to fuck off; we're just arguing euro snobbery about his fitness, which the guy callings our player 'fat and lazy' seems to display in abundance. If anything he's being argumentative and immature by ignoring the content of responses that don't match his preconception of N A soccer players.

Leedsoronto
08-19-2014, 11:07 AM
JH scored Wilmington's first home goal off the season, and he has been tucking away game winning and tying goals all season. Has anyone noticed that since he left they ain't won a single game?

BeachTory
08-19-2014, 12:28 PM
I meant USL Pro instead of MLS because that's the league Hamilton was playing in, I mentioned in the next line it was an adjustment going from USL to the 2nd division.

I didn't reread that sentence and change that. Sorry.

I'm going to disagree somewhat about salaries though. Some players would take less money if they are playing consistently and are in an environment where they can potentially be scouted by big clubs easily, even though they compete with a lot more players, they still might think that because they are closer to home they would be easier to discover.

I don't agree with that mentality entirely. You still see lots of young players here in Canada go to Europe, but sometimes it would be probably be better if they stayed closer to home than get burned out. Those already in that environment though would rather not leave because they think its another world where soccer doesn't exist. MLS still has to get over that stigma that players wont be discovered here.

yep, those typos get me too. agreed on the usl pro level. And you hit on a development issue that is relevant-his ability to perform during a significant change speaks very much to his mental situation and other nonphysical measures that are so hard to determine. He has gone from living at home with his parents to the equivalent of a dormitory at school to who knows what in Portugal. He is being put to the test. Giving your hometown a discount could also be interpreted as a bit of lack of ambition, depending on the individual. I am impressed with his desire to take this on.

I think Xibonda brings up a very important topic when he mentions the business reasons behind the move. TFC Academy primary goal is to develop players for the first team. The vast majority don't make it and go to college, several have turned pro but still not made the TFC first team. But the holy Grail is the poster player that signs a professional contract with TFC and then ultimately goes to Europe. It just hasn't been done until now and from a marketing perspective, it puts the TFC Academy in an improved competitive environment against local private academies like Sigma in attracting quality youth players.

BeachTory
08-19-2014, 12:34 PM
....., their league sucks and gets no attendance and has low salaries (what kind of a shit argument is this anyways for the quality of a league?), ...

it is a global market for players. Leagues pay for talent at the level they can. A league that pays more has more resources for everything else like training, coaches, medical, academies. If you think that there is a negative correlation between player pay and player quality than you are indeed a special snowflake.

Note: just for you, http://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/negative-correlation.asp

xibonda
08-19-2014, 03:57 PM
it is a global market for players. Leagues pay for talent at the level they can. A league that pays more has more resources for everything else like training, coaches, medical, academies. If you think that there is a negative correlation between player pay and player quality than you are indeed a special snowflake.

Note: just for you, http://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/negative-correlation.asp

hi guy, in our team we have a european champion with Porto and other player who played in champions league. this last guy is top class, hélder sousa.

toronto have 2500000 population and 19000 in stadium, it's like 0,75%
trofa have 40000 population and 700 in stadium, it's like 1,75%

toronto fc was founded in 2006, cd trofense in 1930!

Fushida
08-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Yeah, dont overreact to a reasonably polite discussion or anything...,

did you have speed for breakfast or something? Nobody told the guy to fuck off; we're just arguing euro snobbery about his fitness, which the guy callings our player 'fat and lazy' seems to display in abundance. If anything he's being argumentative and immature by ignoring the content of responses that don't match his preconception of N A soccer players.

Hold up, he being supposedly European and calling JH fat and lazy makes him a euro snob? How does his perception of an individual player's fitness and work ethic equate to a generalization of NA players? The only time I can imagine you being so riled up over his comment is when he replied to JH's coach. If that's the case, then really? He's saying there's a difference in quality between the Canadian provincial level and the USL PRO versus the Portuguese 2nd Div. Not hard to believe. None of his statements appear to be argumentative OR immature, while you're the one being uber defensive over a simple comment. I also like the added touches attacking me, that's real sweet.

Well first of all you constructed a nice strawman to attack, I applaud you. If you bothered reading the very next paragraph in my post you'd have possibly understood what I was getting at. I'm not going to argue that MLS is below the quality of the Portuguese 2nd League, because I don't agree with that statement much like you. I had a problem with how you came to that conclusion that using salary and league wealth rather than the quality of training, coaching, play, and where the top players end up. Sure you make the point that money pays for these things, but money pays for a lot of things at the highest level when it involves bringing in international talent. You're skipping a middle tier that doesn't necessarily command a high enough salary to justify moving to another country/continent, but are of higher level than what can be produced locally. Does the average team coach from NASL or USL Pro have exposure to top level training from Europe? This, in comparison with coaches in lower leagues of Europe who may very well have experienced this in their youth but simply can't command a reasonable position over here.

Just a little question for you though: Do you think MLS is higher quality than the domestic leagues of Belgium, Switzerland, or even Japan? We sure as hell have a lot more money than they do.

xibonda
08-19-2014, 04:33 PM
what i said is the true, he don't press the opposing defense and he can't win in speed or strenght to the other players. is the true!

all the people who see the game said the same thing. he seems like out of fitness.

sorry if you took my previous words wrong

Wolfe
08-19-2014, 05:21 PM
What does this page have to do with JH's progress? Only on RPB forums can a thread about a promising talented Canadian/TFC player be completely turned into a bashfest about nations and politics...

Ruffian
08-20-2014, 10:37 AM
Looks like Trofense have a Cup game today. LiveScore says the game should be at 12:00 midday EST. Will there be a stream? I assume there is less chance for a stream because this is a cup game.

MartinUtd
08-20-2014, 10:48 AM
what i said is the true, he don't press the opposing defense and he can't win in speed or strenght to the other players. is the true!

all the people who see the game said the same thing. he seems like out of fitness.

sorry if you took my previous words wrong

Don't listen to the naysayers, I really appreciate your perspective and it would be too bad if you discontinued posting.

xibonda
08-20-2014, 10:53 AM
Looks like Trofense have a Cup game today. LiveScore says the game should be at 12:00 midday EST. Will there be a stream? I assume there is less chance for a stream because this is a cup game.

just live score, no live stream available. i always put this type of info in my twitter, follow me: https://twitter.com/trofense1930

Don't listen to the naysayers, I really appreciate your perspective and it would be too bad if you discontinued posting.

thanks

MartinUtd
08-20-2014, 11:02 AM
No prob.

Oddly enough, there is a cup game being streamed... if anyone wants to check out Pedro Pacheco and Santa Clara (that's where he plays, right?)

http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&competitionid=186&discipline=football

Xibonda, what's your thoughts on Pedro?

xibonda
08-20-2014, 11:28 AM
No prob.

Oddly enough, there is a cup game being streamed... if anyone wants to check out Pedro Pacheco and Santa Clara (that's where he plays, right?)

http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&competitionid=186&discipline=football

Xibonda, what's your thoughts on Pedro?

i don't know much things about him, but i know he is a very important player for his team.

JuliquE
08-22-2014, 06:21 AM
I'll admit to feeling a little slighted, if only somehow, vicariously, at your comments re: JH's fitness, xibonda.. but, being aware of my bias, I did my best to keep it in check (may well have failed with that).

My apologies, then. I can see the whole "different standards" argument, concerning this, and it's an intriguing one, if true.

Yeh.. that said, I remain grateful for the time taken, in keeping us up to speed with how he's getting on.

Thanks, again, xibonda.

MartinUtd
09-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Since the last post in this thread Trofense has only played two matches (Aug 24 and Sep 7) of which he was subbed on in the 61st in the first match and sat on the bench for the second. No much to report really, just wanted to bump the thread.

xibonda
09-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Here: http://www.foradejogo.net/player.php?player=199603170002

if you click in the loupe you will see all Jordan's stats in all games he played.

Defoe
09-16-2014, 06:56 PM
Here: http://www.foradejogo.net/player.php?player=199603170002

if you click in the loupe you will see all Jordan's stats in all games he played.

so he's played a total of 72 minutes?

xibonda
09-16-2014, 07:16 PM
so he's played a total of 72 minutes?

yes, but only for championship

but he played in the initial squad in two games of championship cup.

BuSaPuNk
09-16-2014, 08:55 PM

So he's on not even three games total playing time. Don't see how this is a win for us. Great to get him in Europe and bringing his game to another level but I wish he was playing more.

These guy need games and constantly or else they just become stagnate in there development ie Bekker, Morgan.

We can't get that USL club fast enough.

Red CB Toronto
09-16-2014, 11:37 PM

What is the Championship Cup? Is the full schedule for Trofense available somewhere online?

xibonda
09-17-2014, 05:05 AM
What is the Championship Cup? Is the full schedule for Trofense available somewhere online?

http://www.zerozero.pt/equipa.php?grp=0&ond=&compet_id_jogos=0&epoca_id=144&ano=2014&ano_fim=0&id=3664&menu=allmatches&type=season&epoca_id_fim=0&comfim=&page=1

So he's on not even three games total playing time. Don't see how this is a win for us. Great to get him in Europe and bringing his game to another level but I wish he was playing more.

These guy need games and constantly or else they just become stagnate in there development ie Bekker, Morgan.

We can't get that USL club fast enough.

i agree with you, that is not the perfect mode for a young player in development.

xibonda
10-04-2014, 08:25 AM
tomorrow we will play against Sporting B and the game will have live stream in Sporting TV.
Jordan Hamilton is on the squad for tomorrow's game.

OgtheDim
10-04-2014, 08:43 AM
There was a suggestion of a manager change being the reason why the confirmation of Hamilton on the Canadian Mens National Team took awhile to confirm.

xibonda
10-04-2014, 11:34 AM
There was a suggestion of a manager change being the reason why the confirmation of Hamilton on the Canadian Mens National Team took awhile to confirm.

i don't know nothing about that

Red CB Toronto
10-04-2014, 01:24 PM
i don't know nothing about that

So how many games and minutes has Jordan played in so far including cup matches.

xibonda
10-05-2014, 04:51 AM
So how many games and minutes has Jordan played in so far including cup matches.

207 minutes, more or less.

in this moment, Jordan Hamilton is third option in striker's position.

follow all about jordan here: https://twitter.com/trofense1930

jloome
10-05-2014, 12:39 PM

Trofense lost 2-1 and sit near the bottom of the table now with seven points from nine played. Hamilton got eight sub minutes off the bench.

xibonda
11-07-2014, 09:32 AM
Just a little update about Jordan:
-In this last games he didn't play any minute.
-He is on the squad of Canada U-20

follow everything here: https://twitter.com/trofense1930

C.Ronaldo
11-07-2014, 11:04 AM
ok thats enough by now ...this kid needs playing time

Kaz
11-07-2014, 11:15 AM
This sounds like a basic waste of a loan deal. The player gets no minutes, sits on the bench and is learning from a side that apparently isn't all that great. This was poorly thought out on TFCs FO part.

jloome
11-07-2014, 11:27 AM
This sounds like a basic waste of a loan deal. The player gets no minutes, sits on the bench and is learning from a side that apparently isn't all that great. This was poorly thought out on TFCs FO part.

Given our former coach's perspective that Maxi Urutti wasn't ready for MLS, I have to wonder if his ability to tell a good striker from a bad one was somewhat lacking. Maybe he put a sell-on clause in the deal and they thought they could sell him.

Very rare for an MLS loan overseas in the first place (usually only disgruntled types like Fernandez) unless it's the offseason. That makes me think there might have been more to it.

Or, they just assumed he'd get an education. He was playing and scoring a lot in USL, but he probably wasn't learning much.

OgtheDim
11-07-2014, 11:41 AM
Is there a potential Visa thing being worked on here, ala Henry in Cyprus?

Shway
11-07-2014, 12:20 PM
Is there a potential Visa thing being worked on here, ala Henry in Cyprus?

You would think so right....

But I thought there were rules for exceptional players. I would think he would be considered one considering his performances on the national stage.

xibonda
11-07-2014, 12:59 PM
I understand your way of thinking, but guys, we are one of the poorest's squad in the championship and even then Jordan Hamilton not played.

For me, at this moment, he don´t have quality for this level, but it's will be always a good experience for him.

Ajax TFC
11-07-2014, 01:01 PM
You would think so right....

But I thought there were rules for exceptional players. I would think he would be considered one considering his performances on the national stage.
I think NT ranking is also a factor though. Playing a certain amount for a highly ranked NT is enough to make an exception, but Canada is far from a highly ranked NT

Stress
11-07-2014, 01:37 PM
I agree with xibonda. A player as young as he is shouldn't be expected to get many consistent minutes in that league. He's there for the experience and the training with higher quality players. Makes sense to me. USL season would have ended a while back so doesn't seem like a waste of a loan to me.

Shway
11-07-2014, 02:43 PM
I think NT ranking is also a factor though. Playing a certain amount for a highly ranked NT is enough to make an exception, but Canada is far from a highly ranked NT

This makes sense...but it doesn't at the same time.

Because then it would/should be easier for American players to cross the water...which it is not - see Juan Agudelo

SirBobSaget
11-07-2014, 03:00 PM
This makes sense...but it doesn't at the same time.

Because then it would/should be easier for American players to cross the water...which it is not - see Juan Agudelo

The rule for England is something like the player participated in 75% of his nations matches. And the nation is ranked top 70.

Agudelo hasn't been included for the USA lately so doesnt pass the first criteria

jloome
11-07-2014, 03:10 PM
The rule for England is something like the player participated in 75% of his nations matches. And the nation is ranked top 70.

Agudelo hasn't been included for the USA lately so doesnt pass the first criteria

There's also a clause for exceptional young talents but no one we have would qualify.

C.Ronaldo
11-07-2014, 03:28 PM
I understand your way of thinking, but guys, we are one of the poorest's squad in the championship and even then Jordan Hamilton not played.

For me, at this moment, he don´t have quality for this level, but it's will be always a good experience for him.

He's ready, he just needs the right environment.

you can't teach this, look how calm he is with that ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQicezRaL0k

Jeff s
11-07-2014, 04:12 PM

Gabe Gala scored against Real Madrid. It doesn't mean anything.

jloome
11-07-2014, 04:14 PM

LOL, against Spurs, no less.

It's the rest of his game that needs work, though. He's reportedly well away from the complete package, but is a good finisher.

jloome
11-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Gabe Gala scored against Real Madrid. It doesn't mean anything.

Not really a fair comparison; Gabe knocked in a rebound with the Jerzy Dudek halfway across the net. But it's true you can never go off one vid. Look at all the YouTube stars out there.

PopePouri
11-07-2014, 05:01 PM
LOL, against Spurs, no less.

It's the rest of his game that needs work, though. He's reportedly well away from the complete package, but is a good finisher.

He was up against Michael Dawson for that game and he was out muscling him. He held up the ball well.

jloome
11-07-2014, 05:29 PM
He was up against Michael Dawson for that game and he was out muscling him. He held up the ball well.

More his movement off the ball and being too static, I suspect; they did work on his hold-up play, I'm sure, because it was much improved in Wilmington, too. But he's still at that age where simply reading and reacting at MLS speed is probably too much for him.

I could be wrong, though. I'm just going off what Dichio said earlier in the year about him being far from the finished product; who knows, Danny may just have been trying to keep his ego in check.

Kaz
11-07-2014, 09:25 PM

Not having Quality for that level and not being rated highly by the coach are two different things. TFC fans know this all too well, watching player after player moving to a different squad and tearing it up.

Ruffian
11-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Jordan Hamilton scored today for Canada U20 against England U20 to tie the game 2-2 at the end of the game!

Greatest Ripoff
11-12-2014, 06:10 PM
He looked extremely sharp as soon as he was subbed on. His first touch got him in alone on the keeper at a tight angle and was unable to hit the target. The England fans around me seemed impressed with him. The stand out player of the night was Petrasso. Always looking for the ball and driving at the net when he had it. Using pace and skill to constantly beat his man.

Leedsoronto
11-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Highlights

http://youtu.be/Nt81EqNBt-I

Not a happy crowd ehh Lol

That pass to Petrasso wow

jloome
11-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Highlights

http://youtu.be/Nt81EqNBt-I

Not a happy crowd ehh Lol

Man, we finally have some heavy talent coming up.

OgtheDim
11-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Includes a guy running onto the field with a Canadian Flag after the tying goal, who everybody seems to ignore.

jloome
11-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Includes a guy running onto the field with a Canadian Flag after the tying goal, who everybody seems to ignore.

No, that was a King George, the red cross on white background. That's why people cheered; he was doing it after our players did the "shusshhh" taunt for the second time.

RealG-TFC
11-12-2014, 10:10 PM
No, that was a King George, the red cross on white background. That's why people cheered; he was doing it after our players did the "shusshhh" taunt for the second time.

No it was definitely a Canadian flag. Look closely at 3:24-3:26 as he unfurls it.

jloome
11-12-2014, 10:25 PM
No it was definitely a Canadian flag. Look closely at 3:24-3:26 as he unfurls it.

You are correct, sir, my bad.

PopePouri
11-12-2014, 10:57 PM

The answer on the wing is staring us right in the face.

Yohan
11-12-2014, 11:59 PM
sick throughball from Aparicio on that Petrasso goal

jloome
11-13-2014, 12:16 AM
The answer on the wing is staring us right in the face.

Aparicio had three absolutely sick through-balls in that match. Honestly, if he can pass like that, wow. Kid has a future.

For some amusing reading. Boothroyd made it sound like England was the Globetrotters and Canada the Washington Generals. Whoops:

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2014/nov/aidy-boothroyd-urges-england-u20s-to-maintain-momentum

TorontoGooner
11-13-2014, 08:07 AM

LOL @ Hamilton acting like the big man in front of Bournemouth fans

jloome
11-13-2014, 09:08 PM
LOL @ Hamilton acting like the big man in front of Bournemouth fans

I suspect they might have seen that story from earlier in the day.

TorontoGooner
11-14-2014, 05:56 AM
Aparicio had three absolutely sick through-balls in that match. Honestly, if he can pass like that, wow. Kid has a future.

For some amusing reading. Boothroyd made it sound like England was the Globetrotters and Canada the Washington Generals. Whoops:

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2014/nov/aidy-boothroyd-urges-england-u20s-to-maintain-momentum

Where? I read the article and I couldn't find that

Borga
11-14-2014, 11:40 AM
http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2014/nov/aidy-boothroyd-england-v-canada-reaction

If you read that article, it was a bit of "we should have beat them, they did a good job faking injuries to slow things down"

DeRo Fan #1
11-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Funny how he can score against Tottenham Hotspur and the England U20s, but he can't get a starting job for a Portuguese team that is in a relegation spot in the second division...

TorontoGooner
11-14-2014, 08:01 PM

Hate to be pedantic, but its St George, not Prince George

TorontoGooner
11-14-2014, 08:02 PM
Funny how he can score against Tottenham Hotspur and the England U20s, but he can't get a starting job for a Portuguese team that is in a relegation spot in the second division...

To be fair, his goals against Spurs and the England kids' team were in friendlies. I'd like to see him get more starting time in a more competitive environment, however

xibonda
11-15-2014, 06:34 AM

because we have better options, simple as that.

now, if you ask me "jordan could have more minutes?", i say "yes, he could."

Initial B
11-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the updates xibonda. So in your view, what in what areas of his game does Jordan need to improve to get those more minutes?

xibonda
11-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the updates xibonda. So in your view, what in what areas of his game does Jordan need to improve to get those more minutes?

in my opinion, he need improve his attitude, he need to be more agressive and presure more hard.

Greatest Ripoff
11-15-2014, 01:05 PM
U20 currently playing Russia.

Canada Soccer ‏@CanadaSoccerEN (https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN) 13m13 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/533678485345038337)
From Marbella, ESP: #canM20 (https://twitter.com/hashtag/canM20?src=hash) have had better possession, Hamilton had one cleared after rounding the GK. Have created a few other chances.

Greatest Ripoff
11-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Canada Soccer ‏@CanadaSoccerEN (https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN) 1m1 minute ago (https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/533683623673987072)
Goal! Hamilton scores on a penalty in the 49th minute and #canM20 (https://twitter.com/hashtag/canM20?src=hash) leads Russia 1-0! Petrasso had won the pk for Canada.
0 replies3 retweets3 favorite

Initial B
11-15-2014, 01:55 PM
in my opinion, he need improve his attitude, he need to be more agressive and presure more hard.
*sigh*
How many promising young players have had their careers derailed because of their poor attitude? I hope he gets his head on straight.

jloome
11-15-2014, 02:36 PM
Canada Soccer ‏@CanadaSoccerEN (https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN) 1m1 minute ago (https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/533683623673987072)
Goal! Hamilton scores on a penalty in the 49th minute and #canM20 (https://twitter.com/hashtag/canM20?src=hash) leads Russia 1-0! Petrasso had won the pk for Canada.
0 replies3 retweets3 favorite

Canada wins 2-1 on a pair of penalties, Marcos Bustos got the second.

Another big result. Is the new approach from the men's senior team filtering down? Looks like they played a 433 with Aparicio and Petrasso wide and Hamilton in the middle.

TFC07
11-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Canada wins 2-1 on a pair of penalties, Marcos Bustos got the second.

Another big result. Is the new approach from the men's senior team filtering down? Looks like they played a 433 with Aparicio and Petrasso wide and Hamilton in the middle.

Last game (against England U-20), they were playing 4-2-3-1 so I wouldn't be surprised they play that formation again.

Anyway, great result for Canadian Under 20 team. Next up, USA U-20 game which should be an exciting and toughest game for Canada U-20 team.

Yohan
11-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Aparicio feeds Carreiro for only goal in U20 win vs US

OgtheDim
12-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Armen Bedakian ‏@ArmenBedakian (https://twitter.com/ArmenBedakian) 13m13 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/ArmenBedakian/status/540159764509261824) Jordan Hamilton has been recalled from Trofense in Portugal to Toronto FC. #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash) #MLS (https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLS?src=hash)

notthesun
12-12-2014, 12:34 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/12/11/toronto-fc-youngster-jordan-hamilton-says-loan-stint-portugals-second-divisi

Quotes from Hamilton:

"It was a tough time with the language and the new culture, but it was good to see that not everywhere in the world is as good as what Toronto FC offers. You really learn to appreciate what you have. Coming up through the academy in Toronto, it was always a comfortable feeling, and you’re always around the best facility. So you really appreciate it when you experience something not as good in Europe."

"You’re kind of an outsider because in Europe [the mentality is] like you’re coming for their spot. You really have to fight every day in training. Just like, in training, it was a fight, like you’re going to war just in practice. You learn to step your game up and that makes you a lot better in all aspects. You need to realize you want to be a professional player in a situation like that."

Really not sure what to think about this whole experiment.

Detroit_TFC
12-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Sounds like it was a rough time. Probably was the right time for TFC to retrieve him. Not a bad thing for younger players to see that playing in Europe isn't all like being at Chelsea or Barça.

PopePouri
12-12-2014, 10:00 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/12/11/toronto-fc-youngster-jordan-hamilton-says-loan-stint-portugals-second-divisi

Quotes from Hamilton:

"It was a tough time with the language and the new culture, but it was good to see that not everywhere in the world is as good as what Toronto FC offers. You really learn to appreciate what you have. Coming up through the academy in Toronto, it was always a comfortable feeling, and you’re always around the best facility. So you really appreciate it when you experience something not as good in Europe."

"You’re kind of an outsider because in Europe [the mentality is] like you’re coming for their spot. You really have to fight every day in training. Just like, in training, it was a fight, like you’re going to war just in practice. You learn to step your game up and that makes you a lot better in all aspects. You need to realize you want to be a professional player in a situation like that."

I'm sure Jordan and Bez would say that it was worth it.

fdasilva
12-12-2014, 10:31 AM

Quotes from Hamilton:

The Portuguese lower divisions are quite weak, realistically most of the clubs have little to no money or real fan support other than the locals or die-hards, everyone ends up supporting one of the Big 3 clubs (FC Porto, Benfica, Sporting CP) in Portugal even if there's a local club to cheer for, plus the country's weak economic state plays a huge factor. You really can't compare it with TFC, whose owned by a company with millions to spend on facilities/coaches/training. Really the lower divisions in Portugal rely on the big teams in the first division to loan their players there (and now the Top 6 fist division teams have B teams playing in the 2nd division, which makes it even more difficult if not impossible to loan any decent talent from them). So they have to look elsewhere for talent - in this case even the U.S. or Canada, because it's also getting harder to get players from South America (mostly Brazilians).

Greatest Ripoff
01-10-2015, 08:28 PM
two goals in the first 18 minutes for Hamilton in concacaf u20 qualiying.

flamehawk
01-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Jordan Hamilton has looked very good so far, and we were unfortunate to be scored on seeing as it seemed a clear foul on Carducci.

And I don't want to be too harsh as it's probably some intern trying her first game ... but isn't this some of the worst commentary ever? At least try to learn some of the names .."19 passes the ball ... or was it 14? 14 I stand corrected. 14 passes to ... passes to 16?"

Leedsoronto
01-10-2015, 10:01 PM
She should just shut up n watch the game

flamehawk
01-10-2015, 10:03 PM
What's with Hamilton's shin guard? He took it out during the first celebration and now keeps showing it to everyone after the game.

FRANKIE65
01-11-2015, 09:13 AM
Was there an actual stream for the game? I just had the live updates from the Concacaf.com site.

Good result, the big test is tomorrow against Mexico. Go Canada!!

Blizzard
01-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Was there an actual stream for the game? I just had the live updates from the Concacaf.com site.

No legal/official stream.

I thought CONCACAF used to stream all these games but I guess not.

Fort York Redcoat
01-11-2015, 09:33 AM
Jordan Hamilton has looked very good so far, and we were unfortunate to be scored on seeing as it seemed a clear foul on Carducci.

And I don't want to be too harsh as it's probably some intern trying her first game ... but isn't this some of the worst commentary ever? At least try to learn some of the names .."19 passes the ball ... or was it 14? 14 I stand corrected. 14 passes to ... passes to 16?"

That is hilarious. To call a game in any sport you need to learn the players names. Even during the broadcast one can fins that info out.

What's with Hamilton's shin guard? He took it out during the first celebration and now keeps showing it to everyone after the game.

Wished I could've tuned in.

Did the same since the stream was...elsewhere. I was hoping it was at least from the CONCACAF site but oh well.

So happy for Hamilton and hope I get to see some of these shingaurd cele's from him!

Fort York Redcoat
01-11-2015, 09:50 AM
/OzsTvXJcHjY

Highlights. Mostly Hamilton.:)

flamehawk
01-11-2015, 09:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I691C28JpBE

wow, someone uploaded the entire game.

barticusz
01-12-2015, 11:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I691C28JpBE

wow, someone uploaded the entire game.

I'm going to follow this person just in hopes that they'll do that for the Mexico game!

Fort York Redcoat
01-12-2015, 01:25 PM
I'm going to follow this person just in hopes that they'll do that for the Mexico game!

This is a good idea.

Yohan
01-12-2015, 03:01 PM
#canM20 starting XI: Wirth (GK); Serban, Gasparotto ©, Comsia, Adekugbe; Beland-Goyette, Aparicio, Bustos, Petrasso, Froese; Hamilton.

vs Mexico now

Leedsoronto
01-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Mexico all over Canada, that was also a pen too but Canada got away with it

Petor
01-12-2015, 03:54 PM
Mexico all over Canada, that was also a pen too but Canada got away with it

It's on tv? Can you tell me where please as I can't find it. :(

FRANKIE65
01-12-2015, 04:11 PM
1-0 Mexico at the half...I'll take it. GO CANADA!!!

Leedsoronto
01-12-2015, 04:40 PM
ESPN2 on my Android box

Canada better 2nd half still 1-0 to Mexico 75 mins

Manny off now and Boakie on for Hamilton

Final score 2-0 Mehico

Fort York Redcoat
01-23-2015, 08:38 AM
/Dq-6Esmp6fo

Jordan Hamilton with the second goal to put Canada back up in the match.

Leedsoronto
01-23-2015, 09:10 AM
Thanks for that

That last goal for Hon to win was 100% a game winning strike. No one could have saved that !!