Haggulund---Orr----Henry----Morrow
------------Warner---------------
Oduro------Bradley-------Black Hole
----------------------------------
-------Defo---------Moore--------

Fort York Redcoat
08-01-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm watching at Joe's.

I'll be looking at Warner holding it down and keeping his old team uncomfortable.

molenshtain
08-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Na, after wednesday I'd expect Nelsen to go with some changes.

creavalle - Hagglund - Henry - Morrow
Oduro ---Bradley --- Warner --- Osorio
----------Defoe-------Gilberto------

Derko
08-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Na, after wednesday I'd expect Nelsen to go with some changes.

creavalle - Hagglund - Henry - Morrow
Oduro ---Bradley --- Warner --- Osorio
----------Defoe-------Gilberto------

Let's just hope that Nelson feels a bit of a shake up is in order.
Looks good, although can Osorio be effective out wide?

molenshtain
08-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Let's just hope that Nelson feels a bit of a shake up is in order.
Looks good, although can Osorio be effective out wide?

When Osorio plays on the left side of midfield he always comes inside as a third central midfielder in possession, which allows Oduro more freedom on the right and Morrow more room to make runs on the left. This worked well against Houston. I think he's fully healthy now and we will and start seeing last season's form again.

OgtheDim
08-01-2014, 02:49 PM
I think Nelsen wants to make more changes to the defence then putting back in Henry but can't. I get the strong feeling he spent time with Bez this week begging for a CD upgrade.

I'd like to see Oso play the left and Gilberto play recessed but I doubt that will happen. Gilberto should start though.

Warner and Bradley should do better against this midfield and defence (who are still slow as Molasses) .

Talk of a must win is a tad early but if we don't win this, this team will start heading down the crisis spiral that people on here seem to go down every time we give up the ball. :)

Ruffian
08-01-2014, 03:25 PM
I don't think it is an upgrade a CD is what we need, it is some more cover for when Henry or Caldwell go out that we are missing.

We should put Oso back into the centre because he creates a lot more than Warner.

jazzy
08-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Yes on Osario in the middle. ... but 4 me it's a must win. ... We haven't won in how long? .... And if we r going to go anywhere this season we have to beat someone . And montreal should be a team we can beat right now. We have the team, someone has to get the right team on the field. ...And grow some balls, substitute early if anyone is not performing .Be a coach not the teams
best friend !😈

portu
08-01-2014, 09:00 PM
If Gilberto can't get into our squad against the worst team in the league after a midweek game then we might as well sell him.

I'm thinking we see the 4-3-3 tomorrow with Bradley playing advanced as much I hate seeing Bradley trying to play in that role.

Bendik; Creavalle, Hagglund, Henry, Morrow; Bradley, Warner, Osorio; Moore, Defoe, Gilberto

I won't bother making a prediction because last time I said we would win 4-0 and the only prediction I got right was that Hagglund would score.

Daveisonfire
08-02-2014, 01:13 AM
Here's how I line them up:

==========Bendik===========
---------------------------------------------
Orr===Hagglund===Henry===Morrow
---------------------------------------------
=====Warner====Bradley=======
Oduro---------------------------De Rosario
=========================
--------------------Gilberto-----------------
=======Defoe==============

Bench: Creavalle, Moore, Osorio, Morgan, Konopka, Jackson, Lovitz, Bekker

Gilberto as a Deep-Lying Forward/false 9: tracking back on defense and roving deep, yet higher up for goal kicks and the occasional diagonal long ball.

Orr over Creavalle but not in the middle. There needs to be veteran presence in the back to organize for corners and other set pieces, so Bradley Orr wins over Warren Creavalle for a spot in the back four.

De Rosario: I'm not sure if he has the engine to do it, but if he can get into the same positions as Jackson then he has the tools to finish it off. He can cut inside and he can still lace one and maybe, just maybe, he has the footy IQ to see Jermain's movement.

prizby
08-02-2014, 06:19 AM
TSN @ 5:00 pm

Toronto FC------------7-7-5-------26 points
@
Montreal Impact------3-12-5-----14 points

Last meeting ended 1-0 TFC at BMO Field

Hopeful Starting 11

------------Bendik-----------
Orr---Haggulund----Henry----Morrow
------------Bradley---------------
Oduro-------------------Jackson
-------------Osorio--------------
-------Defo-----------Gilberto

Bench:
Dero, Moore, Roberts, Lovitz, Creavalle, Warner

Roberts is on loan

Pookie
08-02-2014, 06:37 AM
It's a must win.

With the standings bunching up and mostly East vs East games this weekend, points are being awarded to those around us. Someone wins or draws. Teams will increase their point totals, just a question of who and how many points.

Playing the last place team twice puts 6 points on the table. No excuse to come away with anything less than 6.

QBall
08-02-2014, 06:52 AM
I don't think it's a must win considering it's only August and we still have 1-2 games on hand against the other teams in the east, however if we can't bounce back against the worst team in MLS then MLSE needs to seriously look at who is running the show.

Pookie
08-02-2014, 07:10 AM
I don't think it's a must win considering it's only August and we still have 1-2 games on hand against the other teams in the east, however if we can't bounce back against the worst team in MLS then MLSE needs to seriously look at who is running the show.

The games in hand have to produce points though and lately…

Anyways, the reason that I say must win is about banking the 6 points and the nature of the East vs East competitions that dominate the rest of the schedule. Most teams only have 4(ish) games left against Western opponents. That means that for the bulk of every weekend, at least 4 teams in the East will collect points.

This weekend for example:

SKC vs Philly (Draw - both teams gained a point)

NY vs NE
Chicago vs Columbus
Houston vs DC

^ one team in each of those matches either gets 3 or both teams gain a point. There is no other outcome.

Too often, in any sport, we say it comes down to the last game. If we just got a point vs NYRBs in 2009, etc, etc. We forget that there were opportunities along the way to bank points and the very nature of competing for the top 50% against teams that play each other, means that banking points is critical.

Hamilton_Red
08-02-2014, 07:43 AM
There is no question that this is a must win game. If you are a serious contender - taking the points from the last place team is essential. Credibility needs to be established and it has been waining over recent performances.

Fort York Redcoat
08-02-2014, 09:14 AM
It's a must win.

With the standings bunching up and mostly East vs East games this weekend, points are being awarded to those around us. Someone wins or draws. Teams will increase their point totals, just a question of who and how many points.

Playing the last place team twice puts 6 points on the table. No excuse to come away with anything less than 6.

Agreed. Not that they need the extra incentive but rivalry and travelling support make this a no brainer. Win this.

Fort York Redcoat
08-02-2014, 09:20 AM
If Gilberto can't get into our squad against the worst team in the league after a midweek game then we might as well sell him.

He's not a Honda Civic. They want to get maximum value out of him before they think of letting him go. Also I think we're all aware that the people who would "sell" him are not the people trying to get the most out of him. Those are different positions in the club.

I am in agreement with your take on starting him but giving him every game even if its an earlier sub.

portu
08-02-2014, 11:13 AM
He's not a Honda Civic. They want to get maximum value out of him before they think of letting him go. Also I think we're all aware that the people who would "sell" him are not the people trying to get the most out of him. Those are different positions in the club.

I am in agreement with your take on starting him but giving him every game even if its an earlier sub.

I agree its just frustrating to see a guy we spent $3 million making $1 million a year sitting on the bench.

portu
08-02-2014, 11:18 AM
I'm listening to TSNFC recap of the DC game *cringe* and Gareth Wheeler is saying Gilberto is gone if they can find a deal in MLS.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of giving Gilberto up to another MLS team.

mcolvy
08-02-2014, 11:39 AM
When Osorio plays on the left side of midfield he always comes inside as a third central midfielder in possession, which allows Oduro more freedom on the right and Morrow more room to make runs on the left. This worked well against Houston. I think he's fully healthy now and we will and start seeing last season's form again.

Well put, Molenshtain. I completely agree. Osorio opposite Oduro will open the game up for Oduro and keep us more competitive against these 4-2-3-1 formations.

OgtheDim
08-02-2014, 01:14 PM
The Expedia suggested lineup was the same as Wednesday.

mowe
08-02-2014, 02:02 PM
the expedia suggested lineup was the same as wednesday.

clickbait!!!

BritSOL
08-02-2014, 03:12 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/495661314162036736/photo/1

Defoe out due to injury

Couchy81
08-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Defoe out due to injury

Gilberto now is your time to shine!

molenshtain
08-02-2014, 03:18 PM
fuckkkkkkkkkk

OgtheDim
08-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Oh that's just swell........

notthesun
08-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Fuck. Hopefully not out a month like earlier in the season.

Pookie
08-02-2014, 03:26 PM

Defoe out due to injury

#shockingreallyoknotquite

If Gilberto doesn't start, the writing is clearly on the wall… actually that would be more of a billboard.

notthesun
08-02-2014, 03:28 PM
^ He is starting:

XI: Bendik, Creavalle, Hagglund, Henry, Morrow, Oduro, Bradley, Warner, Osorio, Gilberto, Moore

Bench: Konopka, Orr, Morgan, Lovitz, Bekker, Jackson, De Rosario

Pookie
08-02-2014, 03:31 PM
^ that's good. Looking forward to seeing him play a full 90.

As for the tweet… "Could miss All Star game..."

Really? Could miss it? Geez, I hope he can play in it. :facepalm:

I think if you miss your team's game on the Saturday, you Will miss the All Star game on the Wednesday.

dupont
08-02-2014, 03:39 PM
Oh no. Horrible news.

OgtheDim
08-02-2014, 03:39 PM
I like that midfield. DiVaio against the two young dudes is going to be interesting. Orr needs a rest.

Defoe is there btw. TFC put a pic of him signing something out on twitter.

ag futbol
08-02-2014, 03:50 PM
I expect this: XI:

---------------Gilberto-----Moore-------------
Osorio-----Bradley-----Warner--------Oduro
Morrow---Henry---Hagglund---Creavalle
-------------------Bednik-------------------

Would prefer this:

---------------------Moore---------------------
Gilberto-----------Osorio---------------Oduro
------------Bradley-----Warner---------------
Morrow-----Henry-----Hagglund-----Creavalle

It is somewhat interesting to hear they are shopping Gilberto, but not surprising.

Couchy81
08-02-2014, 03:52 PM

Would prefer this:

It is somewhat interesting to hear they are shopping Gilberto, but not surprising.

The way Nellie had the lineup setup it looks like Gilberto wasn't going to start again

reggie
08-02-2014, 04:03 PM
I hope im wrong...I smell a 3 to 1 loss and the crazies will be out tonight.

ag futbol
08-02-2014, 04:04 PM
The way Nellie had the lineup setup it looks like Gilberto wasn't going to start again
Late scratch to Defoe aside though, the second forwards on this team have simply not produced. Going 4-2-3-1 gets more out of bradley and potentially Osorio IMO. It also opens things up for using Dero or Bekker who really get lost in the 4-4-2 set.

I don't get why we continue to field two forwards, when all of those forwards have stunk (except for Defoe), and you have midfielders that can easily allow you to play a 4-2-3-1 set.

OgtheDim
08-02-2014, 04:07 PM
I don't get why we continue to field two forwards, when all of those forwards have stunk (except for Defoe), and you have midfielders that can easily allow you to play a 4-2-3-1 set.

I still think they don't know what to do with Bradley. He's not going to play DM.

Pookie
08-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Agreed. Not that they need the extra incentive but rivalry and travelling support make this a no brainer. Win this.

Well sir.

Bez disagrees with us. At least according to Kurtis Larson's twitter (May I suggest #aimingformediocrity as the hashtag?):

Bez on a "must-win" match: "I do not think this is a must-win game. We're in third place in a conference that's not as good as the West."

Yohan
08-02-2014, 04:08 PM
looks like a decent number of TFC supporters made the trip

molenshtain
08-02-2014, 04:10 PM
Well sir.

Bez disagrees with us. At least according to Kurtis Larson's twitter (May I suggest #aimingformediocrity as the hashtag?):

Bez on a "must-win" match: "I do not think this is a must-win game. We're in third place in a conference that's not as good as the West."

Or, he's saying that an away game at the beginning of august is not going to make or break this season.

molenshtain
08-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Also, people know that Montreal is on some absolutely horrible for right? no reason to think that won't continue.

OgtheDim
08-02-2014, 04:14 PM
@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN): @TorontoFC (https://twitter.com/torontofc) 's supporters' section here at Saputo is bigger than the Impact

ag futbol
08-02-2014, 04:15 PM
I still think they don't know what to do with Bradley. He's not going to play DM.
That's why I think the 4-2-3-1 makes sense. You play him next to the defensive mid and let him go box-to-box. They only explicitly line up side to side, their roles are different. His best characteristic is chewing up ground, let him do that.

Pookie
08-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Or, he's saying that an away game at the beginning of august is not going to make or break this season.

Of course it isn't going to spell the end of the season.

But people pretend that the concept of East vs East games doesn't matter. The season isn't about winning in September. It's about winning enough through the year to get into this top 50%.

4 games this weekend involving East vs East teams. Philly and SKC already took a point each. The other games will give out 3 points to one team or 1 to each There is no combination of outcomes where 0 points are awarded to all teams chasing or ahead of TFC.

Meaning that clubs are going to move further ahead/closer to TFC if we fail to pick up points to the last place team. No sense putting more pressure on them but a team that aspires for playoffs needs to bank 3 points against MLS' worst team.

I'm actually more interested in his assessment of 3rd place in a conference not as good as the west. Because if they were in the west, they would be below the "red line" at this stage. A place they could be in the East after today if they fail to pick up at least a point. Would he be happy with that?

Mark TFC
08-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Come on you Reds! Fuck the Limp Act!

ag futbol
08-02-2014, 04:18 PM
What was up with that shot of the bench? Looked like two camps on either end.

Probably nothing and hyper analysis, but it looked odd.

OgtheDim
08-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Montreal is ..............poor.

ag futbol
08-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Montreal is ..............poor.
Agreed. They are too old / slow to defend. There is a ton of space to pass straight around them.

notthesun
Bradley could've done better with that.

pdubs
love gilberto's workrate. nothing new tho it is now expected.

QBall
No-Impact are looking very disorganized.

Alonso
Bradley has to put that into the net

molenshtain
08-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Yes fuck yes fuck yeah yes

QBall
08-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaalllllllllllll gilberto!

Mark TFC
Woooo!

pdubs
gilberto you beauty. the old sledgehammer foot.

ag futbol
Gilberto!

Mark TFC
Great first time pass from Oduro!

Red CB Toronto
08-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Gilberto, yes !!!!

Alonso
PLEASE Gilberto.... a hatrick!!!!!!

Gilberto9
GILBERTO!!! Show them why you're the best attacking player on this team. Brilliant stuff from Bradley and Oduro.

notthesun
Great ball from Bradley to Oduro and a nice first time cross from him.

dupont
08-02-2014, 04:27 PM
YES Gilberto!

Mark TFC
I have a feeling that we are going to absolutely kill Montreal.

OgtheDim
What a great series of passes to get there....Oduro has been passing really well these last few games.

notthesun
08-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Great tackle from Henry on Mapp. Could've been dangerous.

molenshtain
08-02-2014, 04:29 PM
This Impact team looks deeply disinterested.

Red CB Toronto
I want to take my paints off and just chill watching this game.

ag futbol
Gilberto excellent so far. Holds up the ball AND makes a good pass. Moore needs 3-4 touches and inevitably misses the runners because he takes too long to compose himself.

Couchy81
08-02-2014, 04:33 PM
According to the announcer Gilberto would have started along with Defoe, over Moore. Thank god.

Beauty goal and the play up to it.

jloome
08-02-2014, 04:33 PM
This Impact team looks deeply disinterested.

So do we; if this were anyone other than Montreal we'd be in tough; Bradley's had to bark at three guys already just to get them to move into the right space.

We need a second early to kill this off. Gilberto deserved that one; best work rate on the pitch right now, along with Bradley and Henry.

ag futbol
08-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Anyone else think that was a penalty?

dupont
08-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Anyone else think that was a penalty?

Nah.. it seems like an ok challenge to me.

Mark TFC
Watching Bradley play is such a pleasure. He's so damn composed and has such a great eye for making passes.

jloome
How was that not a foul on Danso? He shoved Moore over to get the ball, in the box!

I swear, the refs in this league are shit.

pdubs
we look like Bayern Munich out their compared to the limpact. hope this keeps going lol.

Alonso
08-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Nice through balls from Toronto, passing is looking sharp today

dantdot
Gilberto is...adventurous.

Mark TFC
Nice through balls from Toronto, passing is looking sharp today

Agreed!

Alonso
How was that not a foul on Danso? He shoved Moore over to get the ball, in the box!

I swear, the refs in this league are shit.

That was a penalty as far as I was concerned

notthesun
Good lord is Ferrari slow. Looking like Andy Iro when Gilberto turned on him. I wish Montreal still had Nesta, Gilberto would've been able to go straight ahead 1-on-1 with Perkins.

Ivy
08-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Oh no....

ag futbol
08-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Is wiedeman on the bench today?

jloome
08-02-2014, 04:39 PM
LOL, I swear Nelsen bitches more than John Carver.

ag futbol
08-02-2014, 04:39 PM
Good lord is Ferrari slow. Looking like Andy Iro when Gilberto turned on him. I wish Montreal still had Nesta, Gilberto would've been able to go straight ahead 1-on-1 with Perkins.
This has to be the slowest team in MLS. Bernier has no legs left. He was a force for that first season and a half but he's fallen off drastically. Klopas is not a good coach either.

They are a disaster on all levels.

__wowza
08-02-2014, 04:41 PM
bradley's been great so far.

notthesun
08-02-2014, 04:44 PM
This has to be the slowest team in MLS. Bernier has no legs left. He was a force for that first season and a half but he's fallen off drastically. Klopas is not a good coach either.

Mapp is the only danger. Shut him down and it's for the taking. Di Vaio is past it and McInerney can't create his own chances.

Yohan

except for McInerney and Mapp and crop of HG players they are bringing up, Montreal sucks

Alonso
Creavalle with a few good challenges, one not so good, but looking decent with only his second game for TFC

OgtheDim
08-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Crevealle had a couple of brain fart passes and got beaten once so far.

With Bloom out until September, he needs to step up better.

Alonso
08-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Creavalle Romero matchup is in Montreals favour so far

QBall
08-02-2014, 04:51 PM
No-Impact do not appear to have a clue how to penetrate our defense.

ag futbol
08-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Man Oduro's range of passing is frustrating.

RealG-TFC
08-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Wow I remember when we were Pylon FC. I'm happy to see that Montreal decided to take that title. Can't believe we lost the ACC to these guys.

notthesun
08-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Oh my god, how fucking oblivious do you have to be to not call that?

Alonso
08-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Gilberto getting no love from the ref

dantdot
08-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Ol' Gil is gonna be black and blue tomorrow.

Yohan
08-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Wow I remember when we were Pylon FC. I'm happy to see that Montreal decided to take that title. Can't believe we lost the ACC to these guys.
The Voyageurs Cup ;)

pdubs
08-02-2014, 05:01 PM
so far....
MTL-------------TFC
78% Pass Success 85%

24% Aerial Success 88%

44% Possession 56%
3 Shots 6

Alonso
08-02-2014, 05:02 PM
I want at least one more from Gilberto, and a clean sheet.

That would make my day.

We're clearly the better team so far.

Couchy81
08-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Creavalle Romero matchup is in Montreals favour so far

Probably why Kara Lang asked Creavalle if he needed Odouro's help defending him next half :D

Ivy
08-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Good first half.
TFC slowed down considerably after the goal though. Keep up the pressure they were putting on the first 20 minutes, and impact are gonna have a very bad day.

Brooker
08-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Ivy, that can't be a real Wiedeman quote....... can it?

Couchy81
08-02-2014, 05:18 PM
penalty...

Alonso
08-02-2014, 05:19 PM
No Penalty?

OgtheDim
08-02-2014, 05:19 PM
How was that not a penalty?

molenshtain
08-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Ivy, that can't be a real Wiedeman quote....... can it?

it was. it was very much tongue in cheek though. he wasn't being serious.

Mark TFC
08-02-2014, 05:24 PM

No kidding eh!

Alonso
08-02-2014, 05:25 PM

Missed it. What quote?

pdubs
durty oduro speed

notthesun
BEAUTIFUL pass from Bradley. He's having a great game.

Mark TFC
Oduro has to be the fastest man in the league!

molenshtain
fan-fucking-tastic pass from Bradley.

Also probably should have been a foul on Doneil.

QBall
08-02-2014, 05:26 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL Moore!

Alonso
08-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Yeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alonso
08-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Bradley owning this game!

mowe
It's good to have a winger that's fast as fuck.

Couchy81
i love when oduro uses his speed boost, it's so damn sweet to see

notthesun
08-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Bradley to Oduro to a striker has created both our goals today. Good response from some weak performances for both Oduro and Bradley.

Henry definitely committed a foul there, should've been called, but that doesn't excuse MTL's horrid marking and lack of pressure in midfield.

QBall
08-02-2014, 05:30 PM
I can't believe these guys are the Canadian champions. Good grief!

Couchy81
08-02-2014, 05:31 PM
GJ Creavalle

Mark TFC
08-02-2014, 05:32 PM
I can't believe these guys are the Canadian champions. Good grief!

Montreal is gonna have a terribly hard time doing anything in the CCL.

OgtheDim
08-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Time for DeRo instead of Moore....but I suspect it will be instead of Gilberto.

molenshtain
08-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Gilberto is looking pretty banged up out there.

Mark TFC
08-02-2014, 05:34 PM
The Limp Act look depleted. No urgency or care whatsoever.

notthesun
08-02-2014, 05:35 PM
As much as I want him to score again, I think Nelsen should take Gilberto off. Seems to be laboring a bit, no use risking him now, especially with Defoe possibly missing league games.

Couchy81

I think we should sub off G. He has been wincing after a couple plays, don't want two injured star strikers.

Alonso
Pull Gilberto

He didn't even try to play on that last effort

Mark TFC

Gilberto's done his part today, and he's looking a bit banged up. Better to take him off than Moore.

Alonso
08-02-2014, 05:37 PM
I don't care if you're banged up, play or get the fuck off!

This is the first time Gilberto has pissed me off

QBall
08-02-2014, 05:40 PM
The Limp Act look depleted. No urgency or care whatsoever.

It's Mega No-Impact. They've gone from suck to blow!

Mark TFC
08-02-2014, 05:40 PM
I agree. That's why he should get the sub. But other than that play, he's had a good match.

Alonso
08-02-2014, 05:43 PM
We own this midfield

QBall
08-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Why take off Oduro?

Mark TFC
08-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Oduro shouldn't have been the sub at this stage.

notthesun
08-02-2014, 05:46 PM
Oduro doesn't defend and we're up 2 goals in the final stages of the game. Jackson is better defensively than going forward. Makes sense to me.

molenshtain
08-02-2014, 05:46 PM
The Impact could have really used Warner in this game.

OgtheDim
08-02-2014, 05:48 PM
The only reason I can think for that sub is if they have Oduro on a minute watch.

Alonso
08-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Anyone know whats up with Issey? Why is he not playing?

Couchy81
08-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Oduro doesn't defend and we're up 2 goals in the final stages of the game. Jackson is better defensively than going forward. Makes sense to me.

yea this is the reason

molenshtain

But if that's the case then when not take Gilberto off, put Oduro up top and put Jackson at RM?

pdubs
The only reason I can think for that sub is if they have Oduro on a minute watch.

and jackson offers a lot more defensively.

molenshtain
Anyone know whats up with Issey? Why is he not playing?

suspended. Straight red against RSL.

AlanO
08-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Justin Morrow made a couple plays at both ends in the last few minutes that show what a good pickup he's been. After Defoe, he might be one of Bez's best signings.

pdubs
08-02-2014, 05:52 PM
morrow should be an all-star

notthesun
Morrow has been fantastic today. Creavalle was pretty good himself as well. Good day for the fullbacks.

OgtheDim
Can hear the TFC supporters clearly.

Issy is not suspended, according to MLS.

Couchy81
08-02-2014, 05:54 PM
ahh poor Haglund that was a great header

Mark TFC
08-02-2014, 05:54 PM
I can't wait for Hagglund to score. You know he's gonna be stoked when he does!

dupont
08-02-2014, 05:55 PM
If this wasn't Montreal, I would feel sorry for them for how bad they are. (but it is Montreal so fuck them!)

Mark TFC
08-02-2014, 05:55 PM
I don't care if you're banged up, play or get the fuck off!

This is the first time Gilberto has pissed me off

I also meant that I didn't want to see Gilberto get hurt.

pdubs
08-02-2014, 05:56 PM
i have to say it. this tsn camera guy has been slow all game.

Alonso
08-02-2014, 05:58 PM

Issy is not suspended, according to MLS.

Just checked, red card in RSL game

Mark TFC
08-02-2014, 05:58 PM
"There are some Montreal fans still thinking that went in."

"I think they're just applauding at the fact that Montreal had a shot at goal."

LOL!

OgtheDim
08-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Its Bekker time....meaning its time for their midfield to get well into the box without being tracked.

QBall
08-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Bendik with a nice save

OgtheDim
08-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Just checked, red card in RSL game

Yes, but

http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-disciplinary-summary

QBall
08-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Montreal should change their name to Chivas Canada.

TorontoFC11
08-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Bekker continues to show nothing. Can't imagine why we can't find a better depth player than him?

Couchy81
08-02-2014, 06:03 PM
If this was any team but montreal id be mad at bekker for taking that shot.... keep possession kid, send it wide

Kaz
08-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Hopefully this will help pull the club out of the slump they have been in.. 7 points in 8 games was a squandering of the games in hand they had.

Alonso
Yes, but

http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-disciplinary-summary

RSL game was July 24th, this seems to be updating this weeks red cards.

Mark TFC
Nice save Bendik!

v00d00daddy
08-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Great game for the most part. Very well needed win and I'm glad we performed.

Jason devos is brutal. He's hisar and not only that. His take on the game is an example of why canada never makes the World Cup. What he values in football is flat out wrong.

Alonso
08-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Bendik keeping the clean sheet alive!

Mark TFC
08-02-2014, 06:06 PM
3 points TFC! Fuck Montreal!

Alonso
08-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Clean sheet mofo's!!!!!!!!!

Gilberto earning his pay today!

dupont
08-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Nice road win. Should help restore confidence. Now, I just hope Defoe isn't going to be out very long...

TorontoFC11
08-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Solid effort by the boys today!

Blixa
08-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Nice to bounce back from the DC debacle.

mowe
First win with Bradley since April 5th.

And holy crap we're 8 points behind DC for second. Long way to go. Can't use games in hand as an excuse anymore.

OgtheDim
RSL game was July 24th, this seems to be updating this weeks red cards.

Montreal played on the 27th.

Issy was not in the lineup by Klopas' choice.

Alonso
Gilberto could have had two.

Alonso
08-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Montreal played on the 27th.

Issy was not in the lineup by Klopas' choice.

Oh I see... If klopas knew anything about TFC he would have played Issey because he probably would have played like Messi and put at least two goals into our net. g:D

Still Kicking
08-02-2014, 06:13 PM
A win on the road. A win against Montreal. Keep it up! Keep this quality up and two next tough road games should be interesting...

Alonso
08-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Where are all "the sky is falling" posters?!?

It's like crickets in here...

CBTFC
08-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Where are all "the sky is falling" posters?!?

It's like crickets in here...

Yeah funny how that works eh? We lose a bad/tough game and everyone comes in guns a blazin' callling for people to be fired/benched/traded/etc.

But, when we have a solid all around performance like we did today, no praise?

3rd in the east bitches.

Yohan
08-02-2014, 06:22 PM
we beat the worst team in the league and we're only 4 points safe from playoff spots. plenty of work to do

JayMolly
08-02-2014, 06:23 PM
A win on the road. A win against Montreal. Keep it up! Keep this quality up and two next tough road games should be interesting...

We agree. The boys played well together. Nice to be back in 3rd place. Keep up the good work . . .

Alonso
08-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Yeah funny how that works eh? We lose a bad/tough game and everyone comes in guns a blazin' callling for people to be fired/benched/traded/etc.

3rd in the east bitches.

#3RDInEastBitches!

Alonso
08-02-2014, 06:24 PM
we beat the worst team in the league and we're only 4 points safe from playoff spots. plenty of work to do

No doubt, but the sky isn't falling, we're having our best season so far.

Beating teams were supposed to beat on the road is a new revelation for TFC.

notthesun
08-02-2014, 06:26 PM
We really needed this one. Great performance. Should give us confidence heading to Columbus, that's a massive game. If they win later today we'll be tied on points, if not they could tie us with a win.

Kaz
08-02-2014, 06:31 PM

3rd in the east bitches.

We still only beat the worse team in the league.

Lots of games left.

We also just came off a 4 game win less streak and a 8 game period where we picked up just 7 points.
Our "hell month" went way worse then hoped for. Thankfully it is officially over.

Gilberto gets some praise for sure, Orduro as well. Many of the boys played well against a defeated side. Next week will be a test.

We have Columbus, and KC to deal with in the coming weeks. With New England and Chicago in the mix. Back to Back Philly games.

There isn't a game in that mix I would bet on. We need wins. at least three by the end of the first weak of September.

OgtheDim
08-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Did not miss Orr but then their forwards are really slow.

SKC is not going to be so easy of course. But I'd still start that lineup.

portu
08-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Did not miss Orr but then their forwards are really slow.

SKC is not going to be so easy of course. But I'd still start that lineup.
Isn't it Columbus next?

ManUtd4ever
08-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Montreal is horrid, but we did what we were supposed to do, and dominated the match to earn 3 valuable points.

I was hoping we would have gained ground with our games in hand, but the most congested part of the schedule is over, and we are 3rd in the conference.

Not too shabby.

OgtheDim
08-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Yup sorry. Got em mixed up.

brad
08-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Missed the game - but wanted to pop in and make my one and only contribution to the thread

Tik Tak Tabernac...

shwade
08-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Man Luke Moore sucks. Dude gets knocked over like he's a tubby and gets gassed by the 50th minute.

On another note, I'm glad the days that Bekker sees significant minutes are over.

CBTFC
08-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Man Luke Moore sucks. Dude gets knocked over like he's a tubby and gets gassed by the 50th minute.

Yeah you're right. I mean, he only did what a striker is supposed to do and was be in the right place at the right time and scored a goal.

Trade him!

*cue sarcasm alert*

billyfly
08-02-2014, 08:27 PM
That's more like it. Toronto Teams 2-0 in MTL this weekend.

shwade
08-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Yeah you're right. I mean, he only did what a striker is supposed to do and was be in the right place at the right time and scored a goal.

Trade him!

*cue sarcasm alert*

I knew there was going to be someone who says 'oh but he tapped in that goal that Oduro did all the work on'. Yeah that's fine but apart from that he has a horrible first touch and gets pushed off the ball far too easily.

Alonso
08-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Seriously, where is everybody?

We won when we were supposed to and no one gives a fuck?!?

WHERE IS ALL THE PRAISE?

Lumpy
08-02-2014, 08:44 PM
They will surely resurface after the next loss ?

CBTFC
08-02-2014, 08:48 PM

WHERE IS ALL THE PRAISE?

They're waiting in hiding, brewing their contempt and hate.

;)

Bluenose13
08-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Happy.

Very Happy.

ManUtd4ever
08-02-2014, 09:46 PM
I knew there was going to be someone who says 'oh but he tapped in that goal that Oduro did all the work on'. Yeah that's fine but apart from that he has a horrible first touch and gets pushed off the ball far too easily.

Keep in mind that Moore is realistically 3rd on our depth chart as a striker, and may be pushed to 4th when Dike returns. All things considered, he has filled in admirably and contributed this season. The acquisition of Luke Moore is one of the many astute moves that Bez has made to add depth to our lineup.

Marc"2L"
08-02-2014, 09:52 PM

WHERE IS ALL THE PRAISE?

too busy drinking or enjoying the 4th last Saturday of the summer

Couchy81
08-02-2014, 10:41 PM
too busy drinking or enjoying the 4th last saturday of the summer

wooooooo!

OgtheDim
08-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Random Thoughts

Impact

They need to fire their owner. Towards the end of the trade deadline is not when to fire your GM.

Live by old guys, die by old guys.

That tall Canadian forward that came in was more dangerous then the rest of their forwards, possibly because it was impossible to prepare for him. Montreal would do better with a target forward.

DeVos is right, they need to blow up that team now. Bernier, Devaio et al should go bye bye.

Mapp is their only player worth worrying about right now - when they took him off I knew we won.

TFC

People are saying Creavalle had a good game but I saw a few too many whacky passes for my liking - that and its not like he was really pressured. Give him time I suppose, but he's no Bloom.

Oduro still does some bad passes but it is nice to see crosses to feet for our less then lanky forwards. That speed...........wow. Pins back their LB all the time.

Moore is a typical #3-#4 MLS forward. Gets into spaces, scores garbage goals. He tracks back well. Works well with others, as they say in Kindergarten.

Gilberto did really well, even if he was playing against a couple of old dilapidated carthorses. All over the field, general nuisance. And, power finish.

Osorio as a tucking in Left Midfielder balances the running of Oduro and helped us control the midfield. He and Morrow kept Mapp quieter then normal.

Bradley was Bradley. Box to Box with General like passing. His shooting boots need a bit of work though. Really teamed up with Warner well.

Warner is our starting DM. #getusedtoit

Henry and Hagglund should start at CD until Caldwell gets back. Henry is a better leader at the back then Orr - a lot calmer. Looking forward to Hagglund's first goal - he is going to end up being a 6 goal a year man in a few seasons.

Morrow is sooooooo solid.

Bendik - save of the week I'd say.

Bekker has regressed. Not good enough on the ball to be an AM, he doesn't track back well enough to be a CM. I'd put him behind Osorio as a replacement for Bradley.

Yohan
08-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Creavalle is a DM who occasionally play RB

Pint
08-02-2014, 11:29 PM

WHERE IS ALL THE PRAISE?

Dont know about the rest but I'm drunk in Montreal

Pookie
08-03-2014, 06:36 AM
Henry haters beware. He had another solid game.

3 points expected and 3 points taken. Well done.

With East vs East games on tap for most of the remainder of the season, these are critical.

jloome
08-03-2014, 10:35 AM

WHERE IS ALL THE PRAISE?

It was Montreal. We're not there yet. When we start dominating teams that aren't complete shit in the same manner, and creating more gilt chances in and around the box, people will start believing we can go deep into the playoffs.

But we're not there yet. Like you said "we won when we were supposed to." It was still good, and fun to watch, but just as people shouldn't assume every loss means we're shit and Nelsen should be fired or Gilberto traded, every win shouldn't elicit an outpouring of elation. A disproportionate response is a disproportionate response.

Yohan
08-03-2014, 11:49 AM
it's long weekend. I hope people have better things to do than posting on the forum lol

Fort York Redcoat
08-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Well sir.

So which one of us is going to hold our breath for the CCL apology?g:D

Fort York Redcoat
08-03-2014, 12:00 PM
It was Montreal. We're not there yet. When we start dominating teams that aren't complete shit in the same manner, and creating more gilt chances in and around the box, people will start believing we can go deep into the playoffs.

But we're not there yet. Like you said "we won when we were supposed to." It was still good, and fun to watch, but just as people shouldn't assume every loss means we're shit and Nelsen should be fired or Gilberto traded, every win shouldn't elicit an outpouring of elation. A disproportionate response is a disproportionate response.

Great so we can expect this copy paste for the next loss.

It was a great game to watch. I'm off to enjoy more of the long weekend. Yohan told me to and I have no problem with that.g:D

jazzy
08-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Instead of calling people out we we were at the game making noise. ..at a huge cost and train derailment might add..... Anyone who supports tfc is family......regardless of their usually correct criticism. .... We won a must win game .from a shitty team... With Gilberto starting as many of us have wanted.....no parade quite yet

prizby
08-03-2014, 03:13 PM

Would prefer this:

it basically turned into this on the attack with Gil and Moore switching; then fell back into the 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 defending...I like the shape; was well played

i have to say it. this tsn camera guy has been slow all game.

RDS

Just watched the game...tough to hear us cuz RDS puts a mic right in front of the Montreal supporters and TFC supporters are 25 rows up from the pitch...there are some good videos floating around.

TFC07
08-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Hopefully everyone now stop with "Gilberto is a flop" talk.

Overall, TFC got the job done for once.

Kaz
08-04-2014, 01:33 PM
I dunno can we fit Gilberto into Reid's Pagoda of the Atiyah Flop? xy = (z+wk)(z−wk) If we can then we can still call him a Flop. It might be a bit of a stretch.

tfcocd
08-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Missed the game - but wanted to pop in and make my one and only contribution to the thread

Tik Tak Tabernac...
Or the opportunistic and catchy.... 'Last place, last place, last place, last place, last place, Montreal, Montreallll, your the worst team in the league'

Ivy
08-04-2014, 03:26 PM
I dunno can we fit Gilberto into Reid's Pagoda of the Atiyah Flop? xy = (z+wk)(z−wk) If we can then we can still call him a Flop. It might be a bit of a stretch.
You used to get beat up in school a lot?

Kaz
08-04-2014, 03:44 PM
You used to get beat up in school a lot?

Yes. Though it may have been unrelated but; ya I'm a research Nerd. I looked up a way to make it silly.

Ivy
08-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Yes. Though it may have been unrelated but; ya I'm a research Nerd. I looked up a way to make it silly.
Lmao <3

Thomas
08-04-2014, 10:37 PM
It was great getting out to Montreal to support our team. Section 112 did us proud! What a trip. We started with Via rail, and went no where due to the derailment. Then, grabbed the car and drove there. Just got in now. Traffic most of the way back home was brutal. 9 hours straight on the way back. No regrets.

Alonso
08-05-2014, 07:04 AM

I absolutely agree, it's just anecdotally it seems that the disproportionate responses favour the negative over the positive.

I suppose in the first few years it was the reverse, so maybe its balancing out over time.

Derko
08-05-2014, 08:27 AM
I absolutely agree, it's just anecdotally it seems that the disproportionate responses favour the negative over the positive.

I suppose in the first few years it was the reverse, so maybe its balancing out over time.

Whilst I tend too agree, I have to take the positives when they come. TFC have played some very exciting games in the past, and have come up short or drawing.

I do recall a few years ago TFC having a match, the words being spoken were, 'It's only New York Red Bulls, they are in last place, we can clinch the playoffs' and what happened in that one, was it a 5-nil loss.
Onward TFC Onward

PopePouri
08-05-2014, 09:08 AM

It's not like Montreal have no points this season. They've taken points from the Whitecaps, Philly, DC, New England, Fire and NYRB. The point is that this is not the Premiere league where teams are easy and a wins are expected. You still have perform well and finish your chances to get a win.

Ivy
08-05-2014, 01:22 PM
SJ beat Seattle.
Houston beat DC.
Philly tied KC.
...and that's just the last week.

If TFC lose, it's because they're no good.
If TFC wins, it's because the other team is disinterested.

mowe
08-05-2014, 01:57 PM
If TFC lose, it's because they're no good.
If TFC wins, it's because the other team is disinterested.

You're simplifying what people say when they "hate" on TFC. It's great the we beat Montreal, we thoroughly outplayed them and took care of business. But they're a team that were 3-12-5. Beating them doesn't make up for losing 3-0 at DC and 2-1 to SKC at home up a man.

Let's not forget that before Montreal we had one win in eight games. That's a terrible run by any measure, and people are right to voice their "negative" opinions. That stretch displayed a troubling lack of finishing and creating chances. One win later and those are still real concerns that could affect the rest of the season.

Until TFC puts together an extended period of getting results (and now would be a good time to go on that run), people are going to be wary. The East isn't as tough as the West but it's still a dogfight to make the playoffs. We're only 3 points safe of the red line. Each game we drop points, especially to Eastern teams, could be crucial.

Ivy
08-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Like I said - your first place Seattle is on a 2 game losing streak; one of which is to SJ. I don't know what people are expecting from this team... They're not gonna take home the shield, so if that's what you're waiting for, it's not happening.

OgtheDim
08-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Consistency will come with a consistent lineup of quality players.

We are getting there.

Shakes McQueen
08-05-2014, 06:19 PM

Yep. It's good that we are a solid enough team that we can typically beat up on the teams we are "supposed to" be better than. That was never a given in previous years, at all.

What I'm looking for, is for us to more consistently outplay teams on the same level as us, or higher. Doesn't diminish three points that we both needed, and got - just means we aren't nearly out of the woods yet.

ag futbol
08-05-2014, 07:53 PM
It's not like Montreal have no points this season. They've taken points from the Whitecaps, Philly, DC, New England, Fire and NYRB. The point is that this is not the Premiere league where teams are easy and a wins are expected. You still have perform well and finish your chances to get a win.
It's the worst team in the league, by a fair margin. If they won three games straight while all the other bottom dwellers also lost they'd still be in last place. Per game they are averaging less points than the last place EPL team in the 13-14 season. This is just a game you'd expect to win, regardless of what league it is.

Credit to the team for not slipping up on this one, but I think it's fair to say it's not the same measuring stick as the other opponents we faced previously.

Shakes McQueen
08-05-2014, 09:25 PM
It's the worst team in the league, by a fair margin. If they won three games straight while all the other bottom dwellers also lost they'd still be in last place. Per game they are averaging less points than the last place EPL team in the 13-14 season. This is just a game you'd expect to win, regardless of what league it is.

Credit to the team for not slipping up on this one, but I think it's fair to say it's not the same measuring stick as the other opponents we faced previously.

It really needs to be stressed though, that this win would by no means be automatic for pretty much every previous incarnation of Toronto FC. Every weekend was a roll of the dice.

Aside from that, I agree completely. Three points is never a bad thing, and it's good that we took care of business, but we need to look higher.

But hey, if you can't enjoy wins as a fan, then what is left?

ag futbol
08-06-2014, 12:40 AM
It really needs to be stressed though, that this win would by no means be automatic for pretty much every previous incarnation of Toronto FC. Every weekend was a roll of the dice.

Aside from that, I agree completely. Three points is never a bad thing, and it's good that we took care of business, but we need to look higher.

But hey, if you can't enjoy wins as a fan, then what is left?
No argument there. What can I say? Looking at it just as a TFC fan I want us to win every game but at the same time I get disappointed by aspects of how we play and get the sneaking suspicion it will catch up to us.

Kaz
08-06-2014, 07:28 AM
No argument there. What can I say? Looking at it just as a TFC fan I want us to win every game but at the same time I get disappointed by aspects of how we play and get the sneaking suspicion it will catch up to us.
It has already, hasn't it.

in the 9 games since we came back from the break we picked up 10 points. That is a full 3 points dropped from the pre-world cup break, and we should be in better form. What that says is teams in the MLS have figured us out, there isn't enough tactical variance.

I said early on that most of our goals were coming in the first 25 minutes or so and then we couldn't score, as teams basically figured us out and shut us down and we did nothing to change the play to fix it. Now we are playing some of those teams again, and other smart teams and we can't win. The two wins we picked up were wins that we should have picked up. (Houston who has imploded (and we only picked up 4 of 6) and Montreal who are worse. Against any sort of decent side we either tie or loose, because this team is easy to shut down. In fact if you look at the game stats, every time we play a team a second time the results get worse.

So... it has already caught up to us. It is possible we could not win another game all month.. and it isn't unreasonable to say if indeed Nelsen's lack of ability to adapt is the issue, then we may start September with fewer than 33 points, and drop below a playoff spot.

T-boy
08-06-2014, 11:42 AM
TFC's drop in points is more down to an ever changing roster more than a drop in form, or other teams "working us out". Players like Warner and Oduro are going to take time to adapt into the starting 11. Bradley coming back to the team is like a new signing and he didn't play many with the team before the world cup really. We also now have Creaville to adapt to the team. These are all upgrades on other players though, so I can see when these have all played together a while, TFC are going to be a completely different outfit. We need a little patience while we build with these new players.

TFC07
08-06-2014, 12:36 PM
Consistency will come with a consistent lineup of quality players.

We are getting there.

Maybe true, but Nelsen tactics (or lack of) isn't working. We're winning game simply because of talent not tactics.

Nelsen playing Bradley-Warner middle isn't helping a lot to create and provide service for strikers. Our wingers (Jackson and Oduro) are great athletes and workhorse, but their soccer skills and IQ is mediocre which is obviously frustrating our strikers (especially Defoe) who have to rely on the wing to provide service since CM's aren't doing the job on consistent basis.

hulkrogan
08-06-2014, 02:00 PM
I thought the tactical change of having Ossorio play out wide, but basically drift in and have 3 CM giving Odurro total freedom out wide worked excellently. We basically moved into a 4-3-3 on attack quite a bit, and were really strong centrally. This sure beats several games playing with Jackson and Odurro wide and having our central midfielders outnumbered and possession being given away cheaply from the wings constantly.

Also, I really hope we see this for our depth up front at some time this season, it would be frightening:

1. Defoe
2. Gilberto
3. Dike
4. Moore

And Henry has really quieted his game down. His decision making is much better, and he's playing a much more controlled and calm game, and it's paying off. Hagglund is way more comfortable at CB than FB and it shows. He has been very effective in every game he's played as a CB and looked a little lost as a FB.

When Odurro is on, he looks like an all-star. If he can find consistency before his speed dries up, watch out.

Kaz
08-06-2014, 04:01 PM
TFC's drop in points is more down to an ever changing roster more than a drop in form, or other teams "working us out". Players like Warner and Oduro are going to take time to adapt into the starting 11. Bradley coming back to the team is like a new signing and he didn't play many with the team before the world cup really. We also now have Creaville to adapt to the team. These are all upgrades on other players though, so I can see when these have all played together a while, TFC are going to be a completely different outfit. We need a little patience while we build with these new players.

And that is another legitimate option, all the players say there is a system they have to learn. If we come out of August with just 1-3 points more then that is management and coaching.. we can all say the players right now aren't the issue.

Ivy
08-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Am I the only one that thinks you guys are crazy? We're not 3 games into the season.. It's more than half way done. We're third in the east with a brand new team, what else do you want??

Red CB Toronto
08-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Am I the only one that thinks you guys are crazy? We're not 3 games into the season.. It's more than half way done. We're third in the east with a brand new team, what else do you want??

Completely happy right now on where the Reds are, compared to where they have been. Onward, forward, ready for the ride.

ag futbol
08-06-2014, 05:49 PM
TFC's drop in points is more down to an ever changing roster more than a drop in form, or other teams "working us out".
I think a case can easily be made to the contrary.

Bradley's form, for example, is nowhere near what it was at the start of the season. Tactically as well, very little variance whatsoever. We got stuffed in the channels by DCU yet we continued to try and push play in the same area until it got to the point when we were out of it completely, after which we made meaningless adjustments. The game before we were prolific against SKC getting up the flank. Coincidence?