PDA

View Full Version : QPR Officially Recall Cesar

Shakes McQueen
07-25-2014, 02:43 PM
End of an... era?

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=457949

Love to see him come back at some point, though I have no idea what circumstances would make sense.

mowe
07-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Class act. I'm glad he was a TFC player, even though it was for a short while.

Phil
07-25-2014, 02:49 PM
Super nice guy, saw him post match before he went to Brazil. He got in the car and started away, when the crowd gave him a clap of encouragement you could see him tell the driver to stop. He came out and met with every person there for autographs and pictures.

Not often you see guys do that. Not only a good player but a great guy.

ensco
07-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Hope he comes back one day.

Red CB Toronto
07-25-2014, 04:01 PM
He was a class act, got to meet him a few times during his time with the Reds and you could just see how much passion he has for the game and the people he plays it with. I really hope everything goes well for him back at QPR and he gets the opportunity to challenge Robert Green for the starting job. I really felt for him as Brazil crashed and burned to close out the World Cup.

Cashcleaner
07-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Would love to see the guy come back to Toronto. The fans appreciated him, and you could tell that he appreciated them as well.

bertal
07-25-2014, 05:25 PM
Is anyone really surprised? Especially after the fact that QPR got promotion, it was inevitable that he was going to be recalled. Was the (possible) duration of the loan even specified? If I recall correctly, it was only announced we had him on loan only. Not a season long loan or half a season and etc.

OgtheDim
07-25-2014, 05:53 PM
It was announced as a season long loan.

Super
07-25-2014, 06:04 PM
I sure hope they give him a chance to start. Would love to see him play regular football in the Premier League. It's hard not to root for the guy with everything he's been through - and certainly his love for our club felt sincere, so should be respected.

MartinUtd
07-25-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!! TFC need to show some ambition and drop Gilberto for Ceasar.

#worstteamintheworld

MartinUtd
07-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Seriously though, wasn't he going to Benfica?

Qman
07-25-2014, 07:20 PM
It was announced as a season long loan.

I guess that changed when QPR gained promotion and gets a massive influx of $100m in TV cash for this season as part of the premiership.
my guess is they still will sell him though

Shakes McQueen
07-25-2014, 08:42 PM
It was always unlikely that he'd spend the whole season here. Pretty much everyone expected him to be here either until the World Cup, or until QPR sold him to another team.

Hopefully it's a trick we can use in the future, too - taking on a great player that has fallen out of favour with the manager, and offering to give him playing time on a loan. Might be useful to temporarily patch up a lineup hole. And it looked like Cesar loved his time here, so hopefully he'll spread the good word about TFC as a place to go play.

BeachTory
07-26-2014, 05:18 AM
Wonder if the timing was connected to roster spot needs re the creveale deal.
Cesar did enough at WC to generate transfer nibbles for QPR so the favour is now done for QPR. This, all in, was very good business. Hat tip to TFC mngt.

Shakes McQueen
07-26-2014, 06:05 AM
Wonder if the timing was connected to roster spot needs re the creveale deal.
Cesar did enough at WC to generate transfer nibbles for QPR so the favour is now done for QPR. This, all in, was very good business. Hat tip to TFC mngt.

Got a world class keeper for a bunch of games, for essentially nothing. Excellent business. Remember fans of other teams freaking out about how unfair it was? It felt good to be on the other side of that conversation for once.

brad
07-26-2014, 07:43 AM
Seriously though, wasn't he going to Benfica?

It's rumored. But QPR needs to recall him before they can sell him.