PDA

View Full Version : TFC top spending MLS squad, interesting salary graphic.

Red CB Toronto
07-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Interesting graphic showing MLS salary spending, our TFC is at the top.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10530668_10100927936510201_579931346149228453_n.jp g

Alonso
07-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Interesting graphic showing MLS salary spending, our TFC is at the top.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10530668_10100927936510201_579931346149228453_n.jp g

Would you mind providing the link? Apparently you can click on each team to break it down even more....

Supporting
07-25-2014, 12:59 PM
who's junior?

Dv23
07-25-2014, 01:06 PM
who's junior?

Gilberto Oliveira Souza Júnior (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilberto_Oliveira_Souza_J%C3%BAnior)

Supporting
07-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Gilberto Oliveira Souza Júnior (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilberto_Oliveira_Souza_J%C3%BAnior)

Truu, i thought it might be that junior hoilett guy and was thinking wtf when did we sign him :p

Ben - D.O.W.
07-25-2014, 01:52 PM
There's gotta be some weird moments for Bradley or Defoe with making more than the entire salary of 15 of the 19 teams in the league. That's gotta lead to some awkward conversations right?

Also this graphic is a little old - SKC now has Zusi and Besler as DPs so I assume they'll jump up this chart. But it's still incredible to see where they are and how good they are.

Globetrotter
07-25-2014, 02:08 PM
Jeeez... how little is Mike McGee making

morgank1986
07-25-2014, 02:21 PM
Would you mind providing the link? Apparently you can click on each team to break it down even more....

http://www.stathunting.com/2014/04/11/mls-salaries-visualized/

ryan
07-25-2014, 02:46 PM
Oh you're never gonna believe usssssssssssssssssss.........WE'RE GOING TO BUY THE LEAGUE.

Hamilton_Red
07-25-2014, 04:05 PM
Interesting to compare us to DC United - the only team that did worse than is last season. Quite a turnaround on a fraction of the cost that we've shelled out. I wonder what their secret is?

Pookie
07-25-2014, 04:34 PM
Interesting to compare us to DC United - the only team that did worse than is last season. Quite a turnaround on a fraction of the cost that we've shelled out. I wonder what their secret is?

They traded allocation for MLS veterans. Their turnaround won't likely be sustainable and may be short lived based on injury risk.

They built a solid core. A solid US Domestic core is key to competing in this league. We went the flashy route and are now adding to the core.

Ours is risky too but should be enough to be in the top 50% of the east.

OgtheDim
07-25-2014, 06:05 PM
DCU decided to take the risk on an older team in order to keep momentum from their new stadium announcement going in the community.

Both the stadium and their roster have the potential to unravel.

Their supporters deserve better.

Pint
07-25-2014, 08:28 PM
I wonder where NYCFC would stack up right now with only 4 players?

Yohan
07-25-2014, 08:48 PM
I wonder where NYCFC would stack up right now with only 4 players?
Lamps apparently signed for 7 mil. Villa has to be around same amount. You can bet NYCFC is going after another big name and surpass TFC and any other MLS team for that matter on wages.

Pint
07-25-2014, 10:19 PM
Lamps apparently signed for 7 mil. Villa has to be around same amount. You can bet NYCFC is going after another big name and surpass TFC and any other MLS team for that matter on wages.

Started work last week so haven't been able to be on top of the lampard transfer but i saw originally that he was reported closer to 8mil per (7.8 to be exact)?

Hamilton_Red
07-26-2014, 01:33 AM
Started work last week so haven't been able to be on top of the lampard transfer but i saw originally that he was reported closer to 8mil per (7.8 to be exact)?

That's crazy spending...Lamps is 36 now...37 when the season is on next year! He has been past it for several years.

Hamilton_Red
07-26-2014, 01:43 AM
Interesting Laba is getting $300k at Vancouver and isnt a DP. We paid Alvero Rey $204k before he was found out as not being very good. Not sure why we couldn't have found a deal to keep him. Btw if we think this team's problems are over when the coach thinks that Alvero Rey should be the 2nd highest paid Non-DP player in the squad...they are not.

Pookie
07-26-2014, 05:41 AM
Interesting Laba is getting $300k at Vancouver and isnt a DP. We paid Alvero Rey $204k before he was found out as not being very good. Not sure why we couldn't have found a deal to keep him. Btw if we think this team's problems are over when the coach thinks that Alvero Rey should be the 2nd highest paid Non-DP player in the squad...they are not.

Rey's contract and salary are paid by, and ultimately signed off on by the league. Toronto didn't pay him anything.

Laba is listed as a "Young DP" on Vancouver's roster and through the MLS website.

Shakes McQueen
07-26-2014, 06:11 AM
They traded allocation for MLS veterans. Their turnaround won't likely be sustainable and may be short lived based on injury risk.

They built a solid core. A solid US Domestic core is key to competing in this league. We went the flashy route and are now adding to the core.

^Yep. Our team was rotten to the core, so the FO took more drastic measures to turn things around short term - and now they are making more low-key, prudent moves to build a core.

The one big risk is a cap-related one if Defoe falls apart physically, but I understand and agree with Leiweke/Bez's thinking on doing what they did. I mean, look at us this season - talking about strategy, and how many points we need from teams, instead of lamenting what a colossal mess our team is, and looking at another lost year.

I like Bez. I think he's a solid manager.

Also, let this chart put to bed the idea that MLSE are "cheap" They aren't. Incompetence isn't the same as thriftiness.

Pookie
07-26-2014, 11:08 AM
^ an interesting chart in the years ahead will be to put another bar on it… ticket prices

Shakes McQueen
07-26-2014, 11:57 AM
^ an interesting chart in the years ahead will be to put another bar on it… ticket prices

Sure, but personally, I'd be okay with TFC becoming the New York Yankees of MLS - high ticket prices, coupled with high expectations of a return on that investment.

Right now we are in a phase where TFC is spending the money, but not trying to recoup on that investment, because they understand how close to the cliff they were (are?) with the fans. If TFC settles into a groove of competence and competitiveness, I fully expect ticket prices to rise quickly.

molenshtain
07-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Sure, but personally, I'd be okay with TFC becoming the New York Yankees of MLS - high ticket prices, coupled with high expectations of a return on that investment.

Right now we are in a phase where TFC is spending the money, but not trying to recoup on that investment, because they understand how close to the cliff they were (are?) with the fans. If TFC settles into a groove of competence and competitiveness, I fully expect ticket prices to rise quickly.

I'd rather they add the caveat of consistently filling the stadium before they rise ticket prices too. It's filling up more and more every game but we're still not back to the year 1 capacity, even in the south.

Cashcleaner
07-26-2014, 01:16 PM

That certainly seems to be Bez's plan in my eyes. We do know that we'll have Defoe and Bradley for a few more seasons yet, and over that time we're going to continue to strengthen and supplement the roster as they see fit. At least he deals for Warner, Oduro, etc seem to suggest that, I think.

With Bez in charge, we seem to finally have a direction for this club that is looking beyond the current season.

Hamilton_Red
07-26-2014, 02:33 PM
I'd like to see the north end be converted to a Youth players section. Sell the tickets through soccer clubs for $10 each - fill it to capacity every time.

Pookie
07-26-2014, 08:33 PM
^. Great idea except a seat in the north end sells new for $700. To do that would require them to give up $500 a seat. Don't see that happening... Ever.

prizby
07-27-2014, 09:43 PM

they actually overpaid in the re-entry draft

prizby
07-27-2014, 09:45 PM
^. Great idea except a seat in the north end sells new for $700. To do that would require them to give up $500 a seat. Don't see that happening... Ever.

http://tfcseasonseats.ca/NEW/assets/2014-tfc-season-tickets-pricing-and-seating-chart.pdf

$703?

I think that is wrong because based on the information, new yellows were costing $342...I paid $285 to add 2 new one's to my account (while my other 2 renewed cost $190)...not sure where TFC came up with these numbers, maybe they are the total face value of the tickets?

cmonyoureds
07-29-2014, 10:47 AM

I'm guessing this goes out the window if/when we make the playoffs.

Walms
07-29-2014, 11:12 AM
Oh you're never gonna believe usssssssssssssssssss.........WE'RE GOING TO BUY THE LEAGUE.

Hahahaa-aaaaaaaaa Shit :facepalm:

Alonso
07-29-2014, 04:49 PM
http://www.stathunting.com/2014/04/11/mls-salaries-visualized/

Much appreciated.

This team is finally spending up to it's potential, I don't think the team on the field is too far behind that potential either.

This is going to be a fun three to four years to come.

Here's to hoping the team and fans can bring glory to BMO. :drinking:

Pookie
07-30-2014, 05:32 AM
http://tfcseasonseats.ca/NEW/assets/2014-tfc-season-tickets-pricing-and-seating-chart.pdf

$703?

I think that is wrong because based on the information, new yellows were costing $342...I paid $285 to add 2 new one's to my account (while my other 2 renewed cost $190)...not sure where TFC came up with these numbers, maybe they are the total face value of the tickets?

703 is the north end price if you were buying them new this year (one seat)

Alonso
07-30-2014, 07:41 AM

Definitely inflated value for those seats and an indication of what we can probably expect over the next several years.

I think expansion of the stadium will stagnate prices for the first few years a bit though.

Pookie
07-30-2014, 09:00 AM
^ for those that are leery of such things, it's a 19% increase over 2012 prices.

prizby
07-30-2014, 01:50 PM

i don't believe that...look at the chart again...yellow was supposively $342...i bought 2 new this year at $285, so clearly there is a discrepancy

Canary10
07-30-2014, 03:05 PM
i don't believe that...look at the chart again...yellow was supposively $342...i bought 2 new this year at $285, so clearly there is a discrepancy

Weren't we given the option of buying more seats at the season seat renewal price instead of the new season seat holder price? That's probably why you paid less.

Pookie
07-30-2014, 05:18 PM

North end is light blue

prizby
07-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Weren't we given the option of buying more seats at the season seat renewal price instead of the new season seat holder price? That's probably why you paid less.

my season seat renewal rate was $190...not $285

North end is light blue

you missed the point...i bought 2 new yellows this year...according to this chart, I should have paid $342, but I paid $285, which would suggest it isn't inconceivable to think that light blue probably wasn't $703

Pookie
07-30-2014, 09:57 PM
^ I am not even sure what you are arguing ;)

Hamilton Red's suggestion was to covert the North end to a Youth section with $10 tickets.

I replied that I don't see it happening because they are selling new for over $700 a seat/season.

That's backed up by the chart.

Not sure how renewal pricing in the south end even relates to that discussion. ?

gate7
07-30-2014, 10:06 PM
anyone know the current price of tea in China?