PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoons Over!

Loyal
07-22-2008, 09:48 PM
While TFC has enjoyed a relatively easy ride to date last nights game put a lot of things in perspective. This team is not very good yet! We need a lot more than a striker before we become a consistently better team.We have players who don't only play poor defence, they don't play defence at all. We have some great athletes who have zero soccer sense. With the loss to Montreal TFC has lost it's MLSE virginity, and now falls in line with the other teams in their under achieving stable.The work should begin immediately in overhauling a team that is going backward and is about to lose players to various internationals during the stretch run to the playoffs.

Kickit09
07-22-2008, 11:20 PM
what easy ride to date? they havent won a game in over 5 weeks, thats 9 winless games.

ensco
07-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Both Carver and Mo are going to start feeling a little heat now.

We're not getting better. I think we were better in June 2007.

colman1860
07-23-2008, 12:06 AM
what easy ride to date? they havent won a game in over 5 weeks, thats 9 winless games.

9 winless?? surely youre not counting independiente and pachuca? because any team including names like frank jonke and murphy wiredu doesnt count as a TFC game to me. maybe we should include the TFC academy in our winless streak?

werewolf
07-23-2008, 12:07 AM
7 games isn't much better....

Marco2K
07-23-2008, 12:16 AM
I would have to wonder win will Mos

reggie
07-23-2008, 12:22 AM
9 winless?? surely youre not counting independiente and pachuca? because any team including names like frank jonke and murphy wiredu doesnt count as a TFC game to me. maybe we should include the TFC academy in our winless streak?
i think we could of used FRANK JONKE tonight....

egoodwin
07-23-2008, 12:23 AM
maybe experience in these kinds of big games played a role in it for Montreal, afterall this is their 7th Voyageur Cup, and have won A-League titles previously...

They've played the BIG game before as a team... but as a team, this was the first for Toronto...

benjamin88
07-23-2008, 12:24 AM
7 games isn't much better....
And a win isnt gonna change jack shit

werewolf
07-23-2008, 12:24 AM
i think we could of used FRANK JONKE tonight....

At least a Murphy Wiredu corner/cross would have gone past the closest defender...

kodiakTFC
07-23-2008, 12:25 AM

psht TFC Academy won July 6th ;).

sidney
07-23-2008, 01:14 AM
While TFC has enjoyed a relatively easy ride to date last nights game put a lot of things in perspective. This team is not very good yet! We need a lot more than a striker before we become a consistently better team.We have players who don't only play poor defence, they don't play defence at all. We have some great athletes who have zero soccer sense. With the loss to Montreal TFC has lost it's MLSE virginity, and now falls in line with the other teams in their under achieving stable.The work should begin immediately in overhauling a team that is going backward and is about to lose players to various internationals during the stretch run to the playoffs.

chill-out-mate. we're better. the league is better. we have higher expectations. we're playing well, having shit luck, and yes, we need strikers. but chill-out. we are getting better, and the results will come.

Cashcleaner
07-23-2008, 01:36 AM
Possession, Passing, and Goalscoring.

All three are atrocious right now for us. I wanted to raise it as a point here earlier on in the season, but tonight really showed how much we are lacking in those three areas. Simply put, we are giving the ball away too easily and can't seem to string together any passes of real substance.

It's getting infuriating, to be honest.

Jimmy The Saint
07-23-2008, 07:12 AM
Possession, Passing, and Goalscoring.

All three are atrocious right now for us. I wanted to raise it as a point here earlier on in the season, but tonight really showed how much we are lacking in those three areas. Simply put, we are giving the ball away too easily and can't seem to string together any passes of real substance.

It's getting infuriating, to be honest.

Possession has not been too bad of a problem the last 3 outings. bot the SJ and the MTL games saw us dominating posession; but you are definately right about passing a scoring.

But there are players making dumb passes after great runs of posession. Wynne was non-existant yesterday, and any chemistry he had with Ricketts seems to have evaporated. Robbo - whatever "man of the match" creativity he was accused of in the SJ game, was promptly lost in the MTL game. Robert made lazy passes, and Edu didn't chase them. Brennan played shite as well.

Scoring? We are not going to score more than 5 more goals this season they way things are going. It's pathetic.

invictusTFC
07-23-2008, 09:11 AM
chill-out-mate. we're better. the league is better. we have higher expectations. we're playing well, having shit luck, and yes, we need strikers. but chill-out. we are getting better, and the results will come.

Are you kidding me! Have you watched the last two f'n games? We barely got a result against the worst team in the league at home and then we shit the bed in the first real character test of this team this season.

The way this team is playing right now, they don't deserve the support they get from their fans. We show up game after game and play our part and they don't even show up for games. I didn't have many expectations this season, but qualifying for the CCL was one of them. MTL and VAN both exposed this teams weaknesses time and time again.

There has to be some accountability on this team. Not just from the Coaching staff (there is an obvious inability to motivate players there), but from the fucking players. I'm tired of our so called "star players" picking and choosing when its convinient for them to play some serious football. This inconsistent form from the Guevaras, Ricketts, Edus and Roberts of this team is growing tiresome. There is just no excuse anymore.

For the love of God, can the team just waive Cunningham already, instead of marching his inept useless ass out there game after game. I'd rather have Lombardo back than having to watch this useless twat miss "can't miss" opportunities time and time again. Here's an idea, instead of going after some European has-beens why not see what it will take to pry a forward like Eduardo Sebrango from Vancouver. He only single-handedly ripped apart our defense during the NCC.

Last night was a character test for this club, and it failed miserably.

TFC Cityboy
07-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Both times we have lost Dichio for an extended period of time we have gone into a slump...the squad is too limited.
Having said that, I'd like to see the likes of Gabe Gala and some of the younger lads get a chance as this team picks itself unfortunately.

Mango Kid
07-23-2008, 09:44 AM
He just means an easy ride from the supporters and how a lot of fans for the most part expected growing pains as the team matured.

But this hurts more than last year.

Last year we sucked, but we knew it and we were going to have fun.

This year there are expectations and with expectations comes accountability if expectations aren't met.

One expectation was to qualify for the Champions League.
A second expectation is to challenge for a playoff spot.

Well said. If we saw more of what we saw the last few weeks earlier in the year, I think I'd be more accepting.

But the fact is we had some great performances so the last 4/5 weeks seem like a total step back into mediocrity (and that is being generous).

jabbronies
07-23-2008, 10:00 AM
The major issues I have are

- No Striker
- Weak D
- They can't keep the ball down.

These are very easy problems to solve:
- buy a striker
- get a healthy Tebily out there and use 4 D as oposse to 3
- Stop passing the ball in the air becuase we can't control it when its up there.

Cashcleaner
07-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Possession has not been too bad of a problem the last 3 outings. bot the SJ and the MTL games saw us dominating posession; but you are definately right about passing a scoring.

But there are players making dumb passes after great runs of posession. Wynne was non-existant yesterday, and any chemistry he had with Ricketts seems to have evaporated. Robbo - whatever "man of the match" creativity he was accused of in the SJ game, was promptly lost in the MTL game. Robert made lazy passes, and Edu didn't chase them. Brennan played shite as well.

Scoring? We are not going to score more than 5 more goals this season they way things are going. It's pathetic.

Actually, I think you're right about possession. It's not all that bad, but man it's hard to watch how we lose it at times.