PDA

View Full Version : Carver insults Cunny in Post-Game...

profit89
07-22-2008, 09:46 PM
From cbc.ca article just posted....

Toronto carved out one last scoring chance in the 88th minute when Amado Guevara sent a dangerous free kick into the box and rookie Julius James headed it off the post.

A mad scramble ensued, and the ball fell perfectly for Cunningham who somehow couldn't score from inside the six-yard box with a wide open net staring him in the face.

Carver was clearly upset with Cunningham's lack of finish.
"Seeing that — it makes me wonder how he's scored 99 goals in this league," Carver said of Cunningham.

Toronto's BMO Field will stage this year's MLS all-star game on Thursday (CBC, CBCSports.ca, 7 p.m. ET), when the league's best, including David Beckham, face English side West Ham United.

Ratven
07-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Damn right.

But remember that you're the one that put him in there Johnny.

OneLoveOneEric
07-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Disgusting. Why would the manager do that? why play him? how do you play him again now if you have to?
What a fucking joke.

MFG1
07-22-2008, 09:48 PM
http://op-for.com/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

ManUtd4ever
07-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Cunny should have had it, as he should have had countless others in the last several games. However, Carver will lose the respect of the players if he keeps making comments like that...WTF? A coach should never ridicule his own player to the media!

mclaren
07-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Maybe Carver should look at himself instead of pointing fingers.

BC101
Maybe Carver should look at himself instead of pointing fingers.

Maybe but when you can't score from like six yards or less... Yeah somethings a foul.

profit89
Disgusting. Why would the manager do that? why play him? how do you play him again now if you have to?
What a fucking joke.

Because unfortunately there are no other options. The salary cap needs to double. We need to get rid of guys like this. And we need a DP. Smarten up MLS and MLSE.

LucaGol
07-22-2008, 09:54 PM
All other issues aside....How the hell did Cunny score 99 goals in this league?

I mean Im aware the league used to be a lot weaker....but damn....99 goals?....r we sure the league kept correct records?

ManUtd4ever
07-22-2008, 09:54 PM
First the game result and now Carver loses it in a post game scrum yet again? This is going from bad to worse. I've had enough for one night...

rocker
07-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Carver would have scored that goal if he was playing.

bhoybobby
07-22-2008, 09:55 PM
People, Cunny has been a total waste of skin since he arrived. Carver is in a tough spot, no real depth to utilize.

Cunningham is a disgrace, I'd release him yesterday like.

Paging Mo, paging Mo, get some quality depth in Mo, or we're fucked this season

mclaren
07-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Maybe but when you can't score from like six yards or less... Yeah somethings a foul.

A large part of a striker's game is positioning - getting into goalscoring positions. He made a hash of his effort but which other of our players got into those positions tonight. I think we should probably get rid of him like most others on here, I just don't like to see one guy singled out every game when the whole team is playing badly.

dantdot
07-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Carver's tactics are suspect but it's a honest question, how the fuck did this guy score 99 goals?

MFG1
07-22-2008, 09:58 PM
including practices, probably

Detroit_TFC
07-22-2008, 09:58 PM
This is going from bad to worse. I've had enough for one night...

Here's more

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8369998/Toronto-draw-with-Impact-costs-international-berth

Ratven
07-22-2008, 09:59 PM
A large part of a striker's game is positioning - getting into goalscoring positions. He made a hash of his effort but which other of our players got into those positions tonight. I think we should probably get rid of him like most others on here, I just don't like to see one guy singled out every game when the whole team is playing badly.

I agree that there's plenty of players that played poorly, but he's consistently played poorly since... well, forever. So, address the most glaring problems first, #1. Cunningham is a worthless piece of trash.

bhoybobby

The useless fuck should be singled out, tied to a post & shot.

Fuckin' hell he's piss, has been since he arrived, no excuses, send the fucker packing, it's beyond a joke now.

manic.street.preacher
awesome, carver totally called him out ... time for trader mo to get his groove on

RealG-TFC
07-22-2008, 10:00 PM
should have put smith in

profit89
07-22-2008, 10:01 PM

He's shit and that's it !!!

noochie
07-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Cut the fucker... this all but proves that he is the joker on the non-guaranteed contract. He is a boat anchor... anyone else on that ball and we are booking tickets to Nicaraugua.

Ratven
07-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Here's more

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8369998/Toronto-draw-with-Impact-costs-international-berth

Pretty much, disagree about Robert kinda, but otherwise pretty correct.

Jay1974
07-22-2008, 10:04 PM
I am in full agreement that Cunningham sucks and I am (maybe was) a Carver supporter but I am getting really sick of the coach blaming Cunningham or his lack of a new striker. Our lineup is better than Mtl and we should be winning. I follow hockey, football, basketball and read about baseball and very rarely does the coach blame the lack of players. I don't know how long I'm going to last behind this guy.

Sab0tage
07-22-2008, 10:07 PM
It wasn't even six yards. I was right behind the net in section 115 and the ball was sitting literally just past the line. How he did not scored we'll never know. My grandmother could have put that in.

RedsYNWA
07-22-2008, 10:07 PM
I feel Sad Dissapointed ashamed and just screwed. There is one person above all to blame CARVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sack Carver

RealG-TFC
07-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Cut the fucker... this all but proves that he is the joker on the non-guaranteed contract. He is a boat anchor... anyone else on that ball and we are booking tickets to Nicaraugua.

I heard the Esteli home game might be played in Honduras.....shhhhh don't tell the impact fans.

TFC Tifoso
07-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Cunnningham is a piece of junk.

End. Of.

mclaren
07-22-2008, 10:09 PM
I am in full agreement that Cunningham sucks and I am (maybe was) a Carver supporter but I am getting really sick of the coach blaming Cunningham or his lack of a new striker. Our lineup is better than Mtl and we should be winning. I follow hockey, football, basketball and read about baseball and very rarely does the coach blame the lack of players. I don't know how long I'm going to last behind this guy.

Look at one of the best football managers of all time - Sir Alex Ferguson. He rarely (if ever) talks against his players to the media but you can bet your life he does in private. This is how it should be.

RealG-TFC
07-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Look at one of the best football managers of all time - Sir Alex Ferguson. He rarely (if ever) talks against his players to the media but you can bet your life he does in private. This is how it should be.

so you want him to throw a shoe at Cunny?

BC101
07-22-2008, 10:10 PM
I heard the Esteli home game might be played in Honduras.....shhhhh don't tell the impact fans.
All 20 of them?

jloome
07-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Pretty much, disagree about Robert kinda, but otherwise pretty correct.

Fucking know-it all idiot, that guy. Brennan wasn't beaten once all damn night of any signifigance -- the corner for the goal came from the other side. Wynne was beaten several times badly on the right, but not Brennan. And Sutton "rooted as usual" just proves he's a fucking incompetent hack, as it was Sutton coming out for the ball the caused the goal.

Fuck. Any idiot can write a book these days, it seems.

rocker
07-22-2008, 10:11 PM
I was done with cunny a long time ago. But this was just the icing the shitcake.

Corpand
07-22-2008, 10:14 PM
cant WAIT to watch the post-game press conference

ensco
07-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Carver needs to take a hard look at how he's handling his public comments. He's coming off as seriously immature.

It was kind of funny at first, saying "I'll go back to England" because of Schelotto and so on, but now it's becoming a problem because it's our own players. Saying "I need strikers", and going after Cunningham so openly.....you think this helps any player's confidence? does any player in the world want to play for a coach who handles problems this way?

This is a cardinal sin.

You keep it in the room.

BakaGaijin
07-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Here's more

"One thing can be said for Toronto — they have the most patient fans in the world. They are a treasure, seeing as how they have tolerated a hockey team that hasn't won a title since the 1960s, a baseball team that last tasted glory 15 years ago and a basketball team that is best left unmentioned. Now, they have a soccer franchise in that same mold. God bless 'em."

:mad:

marquis
07-22-2008, 10:17 PM
No matter how bad a player was, you simply do not say shit like that in front of the media...
Cunny can say "I wonder how Carver used to be in Newcastle's staff...".
I do wonder!

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Carver needs to stop passing the buck and accept some responsibility himself. First Mo, then the media and now Cunny. Maybe it's just me but Cunningham has been shit the ENTIRE season. To expect him to pull a goal out of his ass is ridiculous. He shouldn't even be in the subsitute's bench anymore.

a.ungaro
07-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Carver needs to take a hard look at how he's handling his public comments. He's coming off as seriously immature.

It was kind of funny at first, saying "I'll go back to England" because of Schelotto and so on, but now it's becoming a problem because it's our own players. Saying "I need strikers", and going after Cunningham so openly.....you think this helps any player's confidence?

This is a cardinal sin.

You keep it in the room.

and we now wonder why he was shown the door at all those english clubs... its all making sense now... Mo you go out there and coach the game agaisnt fukin Dallas if we win ur back in

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 10:20 PM
"One thing can be said for Toronto — they have the most patient fans in the world. They are a treasure, seeing as how they have tolerated a hockey team that hasn't won a title since the 1960s, a baseball team that last tasted glory 15 years ago and a basketball team that is best left unmentioned. Now, they have a soccer franchise in that same mold. God bless 'em."

WTF? First he insults the local media then he insults the entire sporting culture of the city? He needs to STFU before MLSE gets tired of his little shenanigans. Don't think they will look kindly at him constantly bashing their other two teams.

ilikemusic
07-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Who is a bigger fool?

The guy who doesnt care and cant play, or the guy who plays him?

Sab0tage
07-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Carver needs to stop passing the buck and accept some responsibility himself. First Mo, then the media and now Cunny. Maybe it's just me but Cunningham has been shit the ENTIRE season. To expect him to pull a goal out of his ass is ridiculous. He shouldn't even be in the subsitute's bench anymore. Pull a goal out of his ass? It was a wide open net, the ball was literally maybe a foot or two from the line. How is that pulling it out of his ass? Anyone else would have scored that goal.

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Pull a goal out of his ass? It was a wide open net, the ball was literally maybe a foot or two from the line. How is that pulling it out of his ass? Anyone else would have scored that goal.

That isn't the first time Cunnigham has botched a surefire goal this season. And when Carver brought him in, I doubt he had the foresight to predict that Cunny would fall upon such an opportunity anyways.

RealG-TFC
07-22-2008, 10:25 PM
seriously, just a fraction of a second would have sufficed but it's like he waited for Jordan to get back

Roogsy
07-22-2008, 10:35 PM

I want to fucking shoot myself in the fucking head.

redcard
07-22-2008, 10:37 PM
I am sure Carver could care less about cunny's feelings, and i could careless either...the guy is supposed to score goals, mo brought him and i am sure mo expects carver to put him in....carver could careless about cunny!

I'm glad he questions his 99 goals, man the league must have been crap back then. All he had to do was toe poke the ball in...thats all, un fucking believable!!!!

Jack
07-22-2008, 10:46 PM

Just to clarify, guys. This quote is not attributed to Carver, but the fucking idiot reporter.

I don't think Carver would be saying this about us.

My opinion is that JC needs to stop airing his dirty laundry in public and get to the task of improving the team.

La ropa sucia se lava en casa.

James Oliphant
07-22-2008, 10:48 PM
WTF? First he insults the local media then he insults the entire sporting culture of the city? He needs to STFU before MLSE gets tired of his little shenanigans. Don't think they will look kindly at him constantly bashing their other two teams.

Maybe read the article and you'll see that it wasn't Carver who said that...it was the writer.

Roogsy
07-22-2008, 10:50 PM

For real.

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Just to clarify, guys. This quote is not attributed to Carver, but the fucking idiot reporter.

My opinion is that JC needs to stop airing his dirty laundry in public and get to the task of improving the team.

Yeah....I figured as much after making my post and clicking on the link to read the entire article. Either way, he has already criticized the Leafs a couple of times by now. For his own sake, I just hope he realizes why TFC's ownership group is called "Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment" before its too late.

BC101
07-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Whats this about Laundry?

S_D
Just imagine how Carver would have been with last year's squad.:D

I knew we were done in as soon as Cunningham came on the pitch and I have a feeeling that many of the players feel the same way.

Part of me thinks that since he is doing fuck all, just release him. Play Smith, Ibee or even Guevara as striker until we can get a replacement. And if you have to settle for some guy who may get only a couple of goals this season, better than playing one who can't score period.

Iguy
Id be willing to bet good money that Cunny is on his way out of TO, as soon as a replacement arrives

pubboy
07-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Carver would have scored that goal if he was playing.
Fukc, i would have scored that goal if i was playing !!:mad:

Kickit09
07-22-2008, 10:55 PM
the salary cap is no excuse, thats what DPs are for. some teams have 2 DPs, we have none.

Rhapido
07-22-2008, 11:03 PM
I agree that Carver's comments are inexcusable, even if they were directed at that POS Cunningham. If you publicly flog one of your own players, how much respect will you have left in the room from the others?

James Oliphant
07-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Only one team has 2 DPs...DC. The only other team which did was New York, and that all ended when Reyna hung up his boots last week.

Jack
07-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Whats this about Laundry?

Basically, the expression means you don't air your dirty laundry in public.

Keep it in the room, John, or you'll lose the players and the supporters.

Kickit09
07-22-2008, 11:07 PM
LA really has 2 too, but MLS loves LA so much they gave donovon and LA a free pass

Pachuco
07-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Fucking know-it all idiot, that guy. Brennan wasn't beaten once all damn night of any signifigance -- the corner for the goal came from the other side. Wynne was beaten several times badly on the right, but not Brennan. And Sutton "rooted as usual" just proves he's a fucking incompetent hack, as it was Sutton coming out for the ball the caused the goal.

Fuck. Any idiot can write a book these days, it seems.

Couldn't agree with you more. That is just about the worst most innacurate and negative shit I have ever read from a reporter.

noochie
07-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Basically, the expression means you don't air your dirty laundry in public.

Keep it in the room, John, or you'll lose the players and the supporters.

Cunny needs to be called out Jack. I am kinda surprised he was the only one. That and it is not really going to matter... he won't be here much longer. It is a complete waste of a quater million dollars.

Pachuco
07-22-2008, 11:14 PM

I can't believe some of these people actually thought Carver wrote that. WHAT THE FUCK does Carver know about the rest of the teams MLSE runs?

AND WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE RAPTORS? this reporter is a moron.

James17930
07-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Well, Cunny's gotta be released now, as soon as they turn the fax machines on at MLS HQ tomorrow morning.

There's no way they can keep him for even another day after something like this. Doesn't matter if we're short strikers -- we can go with Ibee, Smith and whoever is playing striker for the reserves for now. It'd still be better than Cunny.

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 11:20 PM
As long as you keep on playing them, no player needs to be called out, unless of course you are willing to take your lumps for taking that decision in the first place. Instead all you see is Carver bashing the media for its lack of knowledge in terms of soccer in order to scare them away from questioning his moves.

And Pachuco, why wouldn't you be able to believe that Carver said that? He has already mentioned the Leafs not winning anything since the 60's numerous times in the past.

Roogsy
07-22-2008, 11:22 PM
I'd be surprised to see Cunny on the pitch for TFC ever again. I think tonight was the final straw. A sitter in front of the net, and no joy. Wow.

But Carver can't do this. He seems to be buckling under the pressure. Our season is coming undone.

ensco
07-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Cunny needs to be called out Jack. I am kinda surprised he was the only one.

In private. Always in private.

No point hurting his stature while he's still playing for you. And once he's gone, why bother, as you may see him down the road and it could come back to hurt you (see Exhibit 1: Braz, A)

noochie
07-22-2008, 11:27 PM
I doubt Carver plays him again... so I see nothing wrong with calling him out. He is a disgrace and needs to be removed. Besides its not like Carver is telling anyone, anything new. Everyone thinks the same thing don't they?

rocker
07-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Cunny needs to be called out Jack. I am kinda surprised he was the only one. That and it is not really going to matter... he won't be here much longer. It is a complete waste of a quater million dollars.

I agree. if you read the criticism of Cunny all season (and last season) on this board, you'd know that Carver has been, in contrast, very very very patient with Cunny all year.

His value is basically nil at this point and I'm sure other MLS GMs know this, despite Carver continuing to run him out there. I thought he kept playing him because they wanted to showcase him -- maybe he'd score a couple more goals and be more valuable.. but this is getting ree-goddamn-diculous.

They should just release him and take the cap hit, the way LA did with Xavier. And if Cunny is one of the guys who has a non-guaranteed contract til September, then even better...........

GingerNinja
07-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Where has smith been the last few games??

noochie
07-22-2008, 11:31 PM

Taking finishing pointers from Cunny on the bench :noidea:

Pachuco
07-22-2008, 11:31 PM

Smith has been benched because Carver thinks Cunningham is better then him. :noidea:

Go figure.

At some point, Carver will have to start taking the damn blame.

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 11:33 PM
There are only two reasons why coaches call out their players:

1) To motivate them into performing better (usually happens after a one-off poor performance)

2) To divert the attention away from themselves (usually happens when the coach is incompetent)

It certainly wasn't the first scenario today as Cunny has been playing like shit for two entire seasons now. How long does it take one to recognize a pattern? Whats the point of singling out a player that is clearly not good enough anymore? If you feel that a player is not good enough for your team, you get rid of them, not shit on them in front of the media while he's still a member of your team. First Leo Rautins singling out Sam Dalembert and now this. They certainly have something in common.

noochie
07-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Smith has been benched because Carver thinks Cunningham is better then him. :noidea:

Go figure.

At some point, Carver will have to start taking the damn blame.

Seriously though.. what has Smith shown to make anyone believe that he has any better finishing than Cunny. Seriously between the two of them you are almost choosing which arm to cut off... either way you are fucked. ;)

werewolf
07-22-2008, 11:35 PM
If it makes anyone feel any better, Carver was booed and heckled as he left the building today.

Pachuco
07-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Seriously though.. what has Smith shown to make anyone believe that he has any better finishing than Cunny. Seriously between the two of them you are almost choosing which arm to cut off... either way you are fucked. ;)

My point is. If you are going to bring in Cunny over another striker, then don't bash the guy when he misses an open net. Carver needs to take some blame for some of the decisions he's made.

noochie
07-22-2008, 11:41 PM
My point is. If you are going to bring in Cunny over another striker, then don't bash the guy when he misses an open net. Carver needs to take some blame for some of the decisions he's made.

I hear ya, bro. I am not absolving Carver of any blame but fuck both are paid to score goals and neither can.

James17930
07-22-2008, 11:55 PM
I agree. if you read the criticism of Cunny all season (and last season) on this board, you'd know that Carver has been, in contrast, very very very patient with Cunny all year.

His value is basically nil at this point and I'm sure other MLS GMs know this, despite Carver continuing to run him out there. I thought he kept playing him because they wanted to showcase him -- maybe he'd score a couple more goals and be more valuable.. but this is getting ree-goddamn-diculous.

They should just release him and take the cap hit, the way LA did with Xavier. And if Cunny is one of the guys who has a non-guaranteed contract til September, then even better...........

Yep. I think we all assume Mo's been trying to trade him, hoping he'll pot a few to increase his value, but it's all over now. His reputation will never recover after his coach calls him out to the media.

Mo -- it's over. Take the hit. Release him immediately, even if it means having to pay him out for the rest of the season.

reggie
07-23-2008, 12:15 AM
i think buddle is looking pretty good now.
traded him for that stiff marshall....

redrocket08
07-23-2008, 12:24 AM
check it out, he rips cunny, jimmmy b, marvell.

http://websvr01.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp (https://webmail.rci.rogers.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://websvr01.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp)

benjamin88
07-23-2008, 12:34 AM
In the video it sounds like Carver is begging on his hands and knees for a striker who can finish

noochie
07-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Or perhaps just a striker (finishing optional) because then we can say "give it a few matches" or something to that effect to let the time pass. :)

Ratven
07-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Honestly, I think Carver's pleas in this and after the San Jose game are totally reasonable.

Ratven
07-23-2008, 12:50 AM
I think given a few more games of this, he's probably going to snap to the effect of, "Maybe if we had real grass and serious players wouldn't laugh at us when we made them offers, I wouldn't be stuck with this lot who come here because they're on their last legs"

sidney
07-23-2008, 12:53 AM
I feel Sad Dissapointed ashamed and just screwed. There is one person above all to blame CARVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sack Carver

Dead wrong. Cut Cunny, and put the trainer in (we'd be better off).

reggie
07-23-2008, 12:57 AM
it sure does not sound that they are close to signing anybody...
and when they do he wants to go with 4 4 2 ,that means that they will sit edu....

Mojo
07-23-2008, 01:01 AM
Even if Cunny is terrible, any striker in this system won't work well.

Our through balls are mistimed and misaimed.
Our crosses, 8 out of 10 times are too long or too short.
Our corners are bush league.
Our first touches are disgraceful.

We need a long and hard training session before we need a striker.

Sonny Cheeba
07-23-2008, 01:02 AM
carver is honest and that's good.

saying that he made the decision to put him in there is something for him to be upset at himself about is rediculous. he's supposed to be a striker, it's his job to score. carver can't be upset at himself for expecting that. he should be second guessing his decisions about keeping cunningham on, but not necessarly gettting upset at himself.

if you buy something, it preforms well for a while then suddenly starts to fall apart with you still expecting it to work. you don't get mad at yourself for buying it, you get mad at the manufacturer and get a refund. same can be said about football players. minus the manufacturer part. get mad at their brain for thinking twice about shooting the ball properly.

Stryker
07-23-2008, 01:02 AM
I guess Im in the minority tonight but I still love Craver. I find it refreshing to see a coach who doesnt baby his players. Hes given Cunny every chance in the world and hes blown it time and time again.
Im sure hes asked that Cunny be cut so why beat around the bush at this point.
If the rumour about Rolfe for Mcbride is true, I think his repeated comments about needing a striker are his way of nudging Mo to pull the trigger and make the deal.
Having a paper document with Mcbrides rights simply wont put the ball in the back of the net.

Sonny Cheeba
07-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Even if Cunny is terrible, any striker in this system won't work well.

Our through balls are mistimed and misaimed.
Our crosses, 8 out of 10 times are too long or too short.
Our corners are bush league.
Our first touches are disgraceful.

We need a long and hard training session before we need a striker.

throughballs definitely need working on. not only timing and aiming, but the power behind them is sometimes closer to a poor shot at goal than a throughball.

sidney
07-23-2008, 01:07 AM
I guess Im in the minority tonight but I still love Craver....

me too (still love Carver), but for you few piss-ants this doesn't mean that I can't criticise him and still love him. So for you few piss-ants, f-f-ing-off.

Cashcleaner
07-23-2008, 01:18 AM
Cunningham deserved to have Carver slag him off. The guy is a detriment to the team now and I think tonight really drove the last nail in his coffin for TFC.

Good question John. Just how the fuck did Cunningham score 99 goals?!

James17930
07-23-2008, 02:07 AM
I actually feel pretty bad for the guys after those interviews. Jimmy looks just gutted. Rohan's sheer disbelief -- you can tell they really feel horrible about this.

I just hope it has a positive affect on the rest of the season and not a negative one.

ExiledRed
07-23-2008, 02:08 AM
Un Fucking Real.

The Curse is fact isnt it?

It cannot be disputed tht the gods do not want this man to score an important goal.

We should never have subbed him for ibrahim. We should have played cunny fromt the start and yanked him off for ibrahim at 40 minutes

Cambridge_Red
07-23-2008, 02:08 AM
Glad I missed this game. The players and coaches should feel completely ashamed of themselves. Totally unacceptable.

Cashcleaner
07-23-2008, 02:16 AM
Un Fucking Real.

The Curse is fact isnt it?

It cannot be disputed tht the gods do not want this man to score an important goal.

We should never have subbed him for ibrahim. We should have played cunny fromt the start and yanked him off for ibrahim at 40 minutes

The only way I would have accepted Ibrahim coming off when he did was if he was tiring and just couldn't keep up with the rest of the field. I haven't heard if that was the reason, but Cunningham had no reason for coming on if Ibrahim still had some gas in his tank.

I want to know what the deal with that is.

Cambridge_Red
07-23-2008, 02:22 AM
Hahaha just watched the lowlight reel (Had to work tonight). How the fuck did that little wanker miss?? lol it's actually funny watching it now all the dust has settled.

Barbarez
07-23-2008, 06:28 AM
The whole fucking team, from the trainer to dichio need to go. The disgraceful match last night crossed every fucking line. Montreal players showed us how to play for YOUR FUCKING TEAM! They had heart and determination and they came out to win, unlike our own invalids, who think they're all stars but truth be told THEY HAVE NO FUCKING TALENT! O! you disgraced toronto you fucking scum.

Pyeddo
07-23-2008, 06:30 AM
We (the fans) came out 100% last night..... west end stand up chants and all

And TFC put on another display of lackluster footie... not closing down space, letting balls get in behind the D..... brutal. Absolutely brutal.

I'm gutted

RealG-TFC
07-23-2008, 06:30 AM
Wow, the fact that you even say Dichio needs to go is stupid. Remember when we were wining? that was with the D man.

Barbarez
07-23-2008, 06:48 AM
Yeah Dichio, whos Dichio?? When are you people going to realize that we have a shit team with no talent who plays in a shit league. Stop being so fucking blind. We lost to a last place USL team last night, WAY TO FUCKING GO!!

Tintin
07-23-2008, 06:54 AM
I agree with Barbarez, it is ridiculous. Its what my best freind calls Toronto Bullshit. What I mean by that is that we (torontonians) will over pay for evrything in order to be seen or to be at the cool place. The MLSE knows that (Raptos, Leafs) ans are robbing us in ticket prices, food, beer and on because we think we are watching a great major league show. The qaulity of the paly is worth 10 times less. You can go to alower european league and pay 10 dollars to get in and 1 dollar for a beer and watch much better soccer...

Anyway, the better team with more heart is representing Canada this year.

ilikemusic
07-23-2008, 06:56 AM
Every single player on this pathetic excuse for a football team is 100% replaceable. Theyre fucking useless and playing here is too good for them.

Ladies Love Julius James
07-23-2008, 07:02 AM
The whole fucking team, from the trainer to dichio need to go. The disgraceful match last night crossed every fucking line. Montreal players showed us how to play for YOUR FUCKING TEAM! They had heart and determination and they came out to win, unlike our own invalids, who think they're all stars but truth be told THEY HAVE NO FUCKING TALENT! O! you disgraced toronto you fucking scum.

QFT.....what went on last night was nothing short of an embarrassment.

Tintin
07-23-2008, 07:05 AM
I don't agree with people who say Vancouver was better and deservs it more than Montreal!!! The results are facts!!! Also, Montreal plays a way better tcticla and short passing game. Vancouver is all about the British long ball style. The better team won this Tourny.

zeelaw
07-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Carver shouldnt of said this. Just drop Cunningham what hte fuck.

Oldtimer
07-23-2008, 07:36 AM
so you want him to throw a shoe at Cunny?

How about just a "you're waived" document.

Frankly, he's not even good enough to be a bench player at this point.

bhoybobby
07-23-2008, 07:42 AM
After watching the post game interview with Carver, the following is clear:

1.He's was one genuinely angry man

2. Cunny's finished

3. He knows Wynn has no positional sense

4. He almost called Mo Jo out for lack of depth of talent

The bottom line is that he has no wiggle room, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

MoJo where are you?? Stop hiding, you've fed your coach to the wolves here, step up & take some heat & tear up a few contracts.

profit89
07-23-2008, 07:51 AM
^ bump

ensco
07-23-2008, 07:53 AM
After watching the post game interview with Carver, the following is clear:

1.He's was one genuinely angry man

2. Cunny's finished

3. He knows Wynn has no positional sense

4. He almost called Mo Jo out for lack of depth of talent

The bottom line is that he has no wiggle room, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

MoJo where are you?? Stop hiding, you've fed your coach to the wolves here, step up & take some heat & tear up a few contracts.

You forgot Jim B - calling out your captain in public, is even more interesting than going after Cunny.

Maybe John C needs to think his own decision to use a natural MF in the back.

Jack
07-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Carver also said he wants two strikers and play a 4-4-2 with Guevara and Robinson (I guess Edu to the bench)

brad
07-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Carver also said he wants two strikers and play a 4-4-2 with Guevara and Robinson (I guess Edu to the bench)

A bench in China, that is. I'm really curious to see how Edu does in China. If he plays well, I think that pretty clearly shows his heart isn't in it hear. Actually, I hope he does have a blinder so we can sell him off to some European club.

PureTFC
07-23-2008, 08:22 AM
As I said to Greg Lalas after the match. We won't be able to trade Cunningham and we'd be lucky to get 125k in allocation for him. He didn't disagree. Carver is a forgiving coach and I can only believe that was Cuny's last chance to prove he deserves to play.

Flipityflu
07-23-2008, 08:25 AM
when you only have 3 strikers fit, you don't have many choices

boban
07-23-2008, 09:06 AM
I can't believe some of these people actually thought Carver wrote that. WHAT THE FUCK does Carver know about the rest of the teams MLSE runs?

AND WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE RAPTORS? this reporter is a moron.
Well what the fuck have the Raptors accomplished?
Approx. 5 playoff appearances with 1 playoff round victory under
about 11 or so years of MLSE ownership.
Pretty sad if you ask me, esp. when you factor all the talent that has walked in through the locker room over the years.

nimamalek
07-23-2008, 09:10 AM
I thought Robert and Ricketts had a good game, but at some point before the 70th i think these guys should have realized that there is only one person in the box, so crosses are useless. They should just take on players and shoot

bhoybobby
07-23-2008, 09:14 AM
You forgot Jim B - calling out your captain in public, is even more interesting than going after Cunny.

Maybe John C needs to think his own decision to use a natural MF in the back.

He didn't call out Jimmy B, he made a very correct observation, that anyone who knows the game will have seen. I think Jimmy would probably hold his hands up.

The fact is this, as acknowledged by Carver, Mtl was the better team over the piece,

Was it Carvers fault that Jimmy messed up on that play? No.

Was it Carvers fault Cunningham missed point blank? No.

Was it Carvers fault Wynn was playing like a blind man with two left feet? No.

Was it Carvers fault, Robert/Guevera couldn't convert on the numerous free kicks? No

Was it Carvers fault Edu/Velez were shite? No

Mo has to give the man some depth & tools. The repeat offenders have to be held accountable.

trane
07-23-2008, 09:56 AM

Six yards? It was less then six inches. All he had to do was nudge the ball into the net, and instead it looked like tried switching feet or something, god only knows what he was trying to do.

trane
07-23-2008, 09:59 AM
The difference is that in most football situations the manager, has much more say in selection/signing of players, Carver does not. Carver said it like it is. I am OK with it. None of the comments were unfair.

Pachuco
07-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Well what the fuck have the Raptors accomplished?
Approx. 5 playoff appearances with 1 playoff round victory under
about 11 or so years of MLSE ownership.
Pretty sad if you ask me, esp. when you factor all the talent that has walked in through the locker room over the years.

They brought in a hell of a GM, spent a ton of money and have a solid young team that has a bright future. Did you forget we won the Atlantic division last year? I'm not saying they deserve a ton of praise, all I'm saying is why would you bash them when that organization is CLEARLY trying to build a winning team. Much different then where the Leafs and TFC is heading right now.

Mango Kid
07-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Best. Quote. Ever.

olegunnar
07-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Six yards? It was less then six inches. All he had to do was nudge the ball into the net, and instead it looked like tried switching feet or something, god only knows what he was trying to do.

Had Cunny flung himself at the ball both he and the ball would have gone in the net. Go to ground, use your shins your knee your thigh, it doesn't matter, your job is to put the ball in the net.

It looked like Cunny was more concerned about staying on his feet than he was putting the ball in the net.

Mango Kid
07-23-2008, 10:05 AM
He was planning his celebration, I'm sure.

Jack
07-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Had Cunny flung himself at the ball both he and the ball would have gone in the net. Go to ground, use your shins your knee your thigh, it doesn't matter, your job is to put the ball in the net.

It looked like Cunny was more concerned about staying on his feet than he was putting the ball in the net.

Which is so ironic, because usually he's flopping around like a wanker in the box.

I hate Cunny...

nimamalek
07-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Highlights, where can we see the highlights?

trane
07-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Which is so ironic, because usually he's flopping around like a wanker in the box.

I hate Cunny...

Too fucking true.

ilikemusic
07-23-2008, 10:16 AM
I finally watched Cunt's miss.

Holy fucking Christ. I mean holy fucking shit. It practically looks like he didnt want to tap it in. He just stood there looking at it.

Go fucking die you worthless Cunt!

jwfm1985
07-23-2008, 10:17 AM
The amount of flip-flopping on the board is mind-numbing. Cunningham is terrible. He is on his way out. The fans have no faith in him, the coaches have no faith in him and his TEAMMATES have no faith in him. Carver calling him out was the right thing to do. People need to be held accountable. This is NOT airing dirty laundry, the dirty laundry is hanging in the f’ing air and has been for a very long time. Reading the contradictory sh*t that some of you write actually makes me want to throw my computer out my window and gouge my eyes out. Jesus.

Was it a bad game? Obviously. Should everyone be pissed? Obviously. Should we crucify Mo and JC and threaten to protest a growing second year club who is going through a rough patch? F*ck off. Building a team takes time, and although I am pissed, I also have the level headedness to step back, be grateful we have a team and appreciate that what is happening in Canadian football is actually quite spectacular. I am all for constructive criticism and debates, but all this “the world is over, let the heads roll” sh*t is making me f’ing sick.

Antoshka
07-23-2008, 10:21 AM
The amount of flip-flopping on the board is mind-numbing. Cunningham is terrible. He is on his way out. The fans have no faith in him, the coaches have no faith in him and his TEAMMATES have no faith in him. Carver calling him out was the right thing to do. People need to be held accountable. This is NOT airing dirty laundry, the dirty laundry is hanging in the f’ing air and has been for a very long time. Reading the contradictory sh*t that some of you write actually makes me want to throw my computer out my window and gouge my eyes out. Jesus.

Was it a bad game? Obviously. Should everyone be pissed? Obviously. Should we crucify Mo and JC and threaten to protest a growing second year club who is going through a rough patch? F*ck off. Building a team takes time, and although I am pissed, I also have the level headedness to step back, be grateful we have a team and appreciate that what is happening in Canadian football is actually quite spectacular. I am all for constructive criticism and debates, but all this “the world is over, let the heads roll” sh*t is making me f’ing sick.

:iagree:

nimamalek
07-23-2008, 10:26 AM

Amen

Jack
07-23-2008, 10:31 AM
I agree with most of what you say jwfm1985, except I do think it's airing dirty laundry.

Calling a player out to that extent is brutal. Why put him in if you have no faith in him? Put Smith in, instead. Or something...

You can say you're disappointed. Or something like: "He's got to make those" or whatever. But to ridicule the player? Doesn't fly with me.

You tapped him on the shoulder, John...

And believe me, I agree with what Carver said... I just don't think it's a good idea for him to say it in public.

jwfm1985
07-23-2008, 10:47 AM
I agree with most of what you say jwfm1985, except I do think it's airing dirty laundry.

Calling a player out to that extent is brutal. Why put him in if you have no faith in him? Put Smith in, instead. Or something...

You can say you're disappointed. Or something like: "He's got to make those" or whatever. But to ridicule the player? Doesn't fly with me.

And believe me, I agree with what Carver said... I just don't think it's a good idea for him to say it in public.

Jack, I respectfully disagree. But it just comes down to personal opinion.

To be honest, immediately after he made the comment, you could tell it was a slip of the tongue and he regretted it…maybe a moment of too much candor. I personally appreciate that candor. I agree with your “not airing dirty laundry”, but I truly don’t think this was dirty laundry.

jwfm1985
07-23-2008, 10:51 AM

Also, believe me, I do hold Carver accountable. He made some very dicey calls last night (James in at 87th??), but I also know that we are going down a very long road, and I think he is the one to get us to where we need to be. There are going to be bumps along the way, and it is good to recognize them, but to say he should be fired or doesn’t know what he is doing is downright ridiculous. He is human, there is no such thing as a perfect coach… people’s strengths are usually in equal proportion to their weaknesses

Jack
07-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Also, believe me, I do hold Carver accountable. He made some very dicey calls last night (James in at 87th??), but I also know that we are going down a very long road, and I think he is the one to get us to where we need to be. There are going to be bumps along the way, and it is good to recognize them, but to say he should be fired or doesn’t know what he is doing is downright ridiculous. He is human, there is no such thing as a perfect coach… people’s strengths are usually in equal proportion to their weaknesses

For sure.

I don't want him to be fired. Mo neither.

I want Cunny to be fired...

giambac
07-23-2008, 11:24 AM
What a fucking joke.

Carve ris the biggets joke of a coach I have ever seen . If he looke din the mirror he would see the biggest Jackass.

Carve rdoesn't understand this league. He is here becasue there were no opprtunities for him in Europe. Carve rinsults his players cunny etc becasue he wants to deflect the attention from himself and his poor decision making.

Carver is responseible for the loss. Carver is reponsible foerus being eliminated. Carver is responsible for the 9 game winless strealk. Carver is responsible for the possibilty that TFC may not make the playofs after a good start. Carver is responsible for the war in Iraq. Carver is respoinsilble for the high oil prices. Carver is responsible for the climate change Carver is responsible for .................................................. ........

Toronto_Bhoy
07-23-2008, 11:26 AM
I posted a thread last night (which appears to have been deleted…WTF?) about accountability and Carver touched on this in his press conference…"[need two stikers] that's what I've been asking for…"

I think JC called out more than Cunny, Wynne and Brennan…he is obviously unhappy with the personnel he currently has…Mo? MLSE?.

Going public is extremely risky…if your Marvell or Jimmy B you gotta be saying, "Get us some goals and then you can shit on us!"

Kevvv
07-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Carver is responseible for the loss. Carver is reponsible foerus being eliminated. Carver is responsible for the 9 game winless strealk. Carver is responsible for the possibilty that TFC may not make the playofs after a good start. Carver is responsible for the war in Iraq. Carver is respoinsilble for the high oil prices. Carver is responsible for the climate change Carver is responsible for .................................................. ........

LOL

We're lost in the box. Alex Ferguson couldn't have won that game last night, what would he do different? Put in Hemming? Carver's scoring options are Smith, Cunningham, and f'ing Julius James. Who would've thought Dichio really is irreplaceable.

giambac
07-23-2008, 11:36 AM
LOL

We're lost in the box. Alex Ferguson couldn't have won that game last night, what would he do different? Put in Hemming? Carver's scoring options are Smith, Cunningham, and f'ing Julius James. Who would've thought Dichio really is irreplaceable.

why the fuck was Ibby starting? Nothing against him but he is to young and soft and can't play 90 minutes against guys twice his age and alot stronger than him. Smith should ahve started and Ibby or James could have come in as substitute. Not cunny.

Carver is totally responsible.

I know we don't have a striker

Montreal doesn't have a striker either
Montreal doesn't have a good midfield
Montreal doesn't have a good defence

Montreal didn't have the Home Crowd

Montreal for crying out is 9th out of 10 teams in the USL. They should be playing the Toronto Lynx.

Don't blame the loss on the fact that we don't have a striker. Our team wasn't prepared. Thewy haven't been prepare dfor the past 9 games and the reults shopw it.

Fuck off Carver.

maninb
07-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Carve ris the biggets joke of a coach I have ever seen . If he looke din the mirror he would see the biggest Jackass.

Carve rdoesn't understand this league. He is here becasue there were no opprtunities for him in Europe. Carve rinsults his players cunny etc becasue he wants to deflect the attention from himself and his poor decision making.

Once again you prove you know f*ck-all about the game...Well done...now STFU!

jwfm1985
07-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Once again you prove you know f*ck-all about the game...Well done...now STFU!

so so true :hump:

Nomad
07-23-2008, 11:51 AM
I know we don't have a striker

Montreal doesn't have a striker either
Montreal doesn't have a good midfield
Montreal doesn't have a good defence

Montreal didn't have the Home Crowd

Montreal for crying out is 9th out of 10 teams in the USL. They should be playing the Toronto Lynx.

Don't blame the loss on the fact that we don't have a striker. Our team wasn't prepared. Thewy haven't been prepare dfor the past 9 games and the reults shopw it.

Actually, that's the first time i have ever agreed with you.

I still don't think we should sack Carver, Overall, i like him...but hopefully this will be a painful lesson to him. He needs to be more consistent with his gameplays and starting coming up with Plans B and C, as player absentees have wrecked havoc on the team and the chemistry.

fiji_blue
07-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Dump Cunny bring back Lombardo...

TicTacTabarnack
07-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Cunny's been demoted to the RESERVE locker room!
http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?p=101443#post101443

BakaGaijin
07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Things not looking good for Cuntingham.

From Ives:

One interesting rumor someone here passed along surrounds Toronto FC forward and John Carver doghouse resident Jeff Cunningham. Apparently Toronto FC has two connected locker rooms with one side for senior team members and another side for reserve team players. Apparently Cunningham has been moved to the reserve team locker room. Yes folks, Cunningham is officially the Milton Waddams of TFC.

TicTacTabarnack
07-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Slam Sports Pic of the day - Rohan walking away in disbelief ... Cunningham making excuses about random shit as per usual.

Caption: Montreal Impact goalie Matt Jordan (right) covers the ball after Nevio Pizzolitto (left) stopped the ball on the goal line after Toronto FC players Jeff Cunningham, Rohan Ricketts and Jim Brennan failed to score in the 89th minute during their CONCACAF Champions League Cup game in Toronto on Tuesday, July 22, 2008. SUN MEDIA/Alex Urosevic (link (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Gallery/home.html))

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Gallery/Soccer/2008/07/23/slamtop.jpg

stretchthetruth
07-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Things not looking good for Cuntingham.

From Ives:

One interesting rumor someone here passed along surrounds Toronto FC forward and John Carver doghouse resident Jeff Cunningham. Apparently Toronto FC has two connected locker rooms with one side for senior team members and another side for reserve team players. Apparently Cunningham has been moved to the reserve team locker room. Yes folks, Cunningham is officially the Milton Waddams of TFC.

I was down at the stadium the other day dropping some stuff off for work, and I walked in the open gate at the north end and watched the practice for a while. It was definitely a reserve team practice, and cunningham and edu were practicing with the reserves...

AL-MO
07-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Jack, I respectfully disagree. But it just comes down to personal opinion.

To be honest, immediately after he made the comment, you could tell it was a slip of the tongue and he regretted it…maybe a moment of too much candor. I personally appreciate that candor. I agree with your “not airing dirty laundry”, but I truly don’t think this was dirty laundry.

When the whole(well a good part of it) team quits on Carver (It may just happen, you can't say things like that in the media about a player and expect a positive result) you may just change your tune.

What is the first thing our District Coach said to me when he walked in this morning? "You can't do that to your players, thats not the way to get a better performance out of them"

giambac
07-23-2008, 02:46 PM
When the whole(well a good part of it) team quits on Carver (It may just happen, you can't say things like that in the media about a player and expect a positive result) you may just change your tune.

What is the first thing our District Coach said to me when he walked in this morning? "You can't do that to your players, thats not the way to get a better performance out of them"

AMEN,

What Carever did and said you would expect from an amatuer coach. Nothing else has to be said.......

TicTacTabarnack
07-23-2008, 03:09 PM

Very True ... Carver's got to watch what he says to the media no matter how much I agree with Cunny needing public embarrassment.

noochie
07-23-2008, 03:18 PM

Yeah well, nothing else has worked unfortunately. He is a pro getting paid good money and can't tap in a ball from inches out. Every other player on the team is thinking the same thing (as are we), Carver is the only one with the balls to say it and good on him. Take a look at Rohan's face when Cunny misses that ball... that is all you need to know.

No one is gonna miss him in the locker room down the hall and one day soon he will be on a bus to who-fucking-cares. He will fade away as we find a more competent striker.

bhoybobby
07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Very True ... Carver's got to watch what he says to the media no matter how much I agree with Cunny needing public embarrassment.

The time for mollycoddling has come & gone, Good on JC for speaking some plain truths.

If any player can't handle the truth and the mandate to bring the goods on a reasonably consistant basis, goodbye, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Cunny should be ostracized & left to train with the reserves, that's what would've been done across the pond "frozen out"

should've been done months ago.We're not good enough, truth hurts.

trane
07-23-2008, 05:19 PM
The time for mollycoddling has come & gone, Good on JC for speaking some plain truths.

If any player can't handle the truth and the mandate to bring the goods on a reasonably consistant basis, goodbye, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Cunny should be ostracized & left to train with the reserves, that's what would've been done across the pond "frozen out"

should've been done months ago.We're not good enough, truth hurts.

That is just it, you can only pretend for so long, at some point you have to call it as you see it.

Nuvinho
07-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Cunny insults Toronto FC every time he puts on the jersey!!!

RPB_TFC_FAN
07-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Cunny insults Toronto FC every time he puts on the jersey!!!

Cunny doesnt deserve to wear BMO across his chest.
He isnt worthy of that jersey!

ben_vw
07-23-2008, 05:51 PM

I agree with this - but I don't think anyone here wants a performance out of Cunningham. We don't want him in a TFC Shirt. We don't want him in our reserve team. We don't want him anywhere near the club. If Cunningham leaves after hearing those comments from Carver I will be thrilled.