PDA

View Full Version : Sign A Striker Now

ben_vw
07-22-2008, 09:21 PM
We can blame a team with no heart. We can blame poor delivery. We can blame stupid mistakes.

Bottom line is, Robert and Ricketts worked their asses off tonight and have nothing to show for it. Our playmakers were doing their jobs tonight and there was no end result, AGAIN.

Why is a professional soccer team relying on a 16 year old to put the ball in the net?

After two 0-0 draws in the league (Kansas City and San Jose) and tonight's draw Mo Johnston better get his ass in gear and sign someone and do it fast.

MO JOHNSTON - YOU SURPRISED US EARLIER IN THE YEAR. TIME TO DO IT AGAIN. SIGN A STRIKER, AND SIGN SOMEONE GOOD.

mclaren
07-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Agreed - time for a DP striker if ever there was one. But I can't see it happening.

OneLoveOneEric
07-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Sign 12 strikers if you want. If the rest of the team still doesn't try, it doesn't matter.

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't expect any DP signings this year, thats for sure. All the team has to do is pick up points every once in a while and they are a shoe-in to make the playoffs. Once that is achieved, Mo's job is safe for another year and no one's the wiser.

ua-kozak_TFC
07-22-2008, 09:34 PM
yea the fact is that we are dumb as fucks when it comes to attack... instead of doing a fast counter on the chances we had we kind of played it easy and let them get back and kept throwing centers.... i think carver should have let the guys now that Dichio is out...

bee dubya
07-22-2008, 09:36 PM
I totally agree. We need a striker in the worst possible way. Maybe all the RPBs should email Mo tomorrow and demand a striker...

bhoybobby
07-22-2008, 09:43 PM
We have been in need of quality depth a very long time, remember the off season discussions??

LucaGol
07-22-2008, 09:49 PM
I hate to beat a dead horse....but MoJo....as thick as we think he is sometimes...he knows we need ppl to put the ball in the net.

I think this turf issue is really f*cking over our abilities to sign a DP worthy player.

I mean you can't force ppl to come here. Well you can by throwing cash at them....but look at Sukur...we reportedly offered up 4 mill...and guess what...at 37...he still didn't wanna come.

Mo's problem is and always will be his insistance to go to Europe for players.

Example 1....Red Bulls lose Reyna to retirement...almost the next day 2 players were signed from South America...and the week before 2 other players. And quality players too...Jorge Rojas, Juan Pietravallo...and soon...Mejia (ya...of course you don't know there names cause they never used to play for Manchester United.) And guess what...New York plays on field turf. South Americans arent prima donnas...they'll play on field turf. Just sayin.

RealG-TFC
07-22-2008, 10:01 PM
And then there's ppl who wil say "oohhhh Mo has no contacts ther"

Well fucken get contacts!

reggie
07-22-2008, 10:21 PM
its only been 2 yrs that mo is trying to get a striker...
give him a break,his scouts (barry mcclain) are looking..........

Cas87
07-22-2008, 10:22 PM
David Villa anybody?

ilikemusic
07-22-2008, 10:23 PM
A competent striker would have been useful a few hours ago.

Means jack shit now. The season is done.

MLS Playoffs. Whoopdey fucking doo!

This was the most important title for TFC this year and they fucking blew it.

noochie
07-22-2008, 10:34 PM
A competent striker would have been useful a few hours ago.

Means jack shit now. The season is done.

MLS Playoffs. Whoopdey fucking doo!

This was the most important title for TFC this year and they fucking blew it.

Not sure about that but they have shown us fuck all to believe that they can even win another single league game for the second half of the year. I guess if you look at the odds they are bound to win one or two... but christ are they inept.

Alarius
07-22-2008, 10:38 PM
A striker is not the only thing they need...
there were moments of pure brilliance in the game, but a majority of the time, the ball seemed to be lost by lazy pass backs or by players who just weren't paying attention (asleep?)... we were also culprit to taking a move too many, sorry there really isnt anyone in this team who will ever be capable of taking on 4-5 players, they should quit trying..
in saying that.. we should quit the 4-5-1 till a competent striker is found...

Kickit09
07-22-2008, 11:03 PM
problem is, between the plastic grass and MLSE management circus, no one worthy of DP status who would actually make the team better wants to come here. look for a has-been discount signing soon.