PDA

View Full Version : Carver is a sh*t decision maker

ComeonyouReds
07-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Ok so this game is all or nothing. Either we win or we are out. WHY OH FUCKING WHY put James in as our final sub? We don't need to secure a tie......WE NEED TO SCORE. If Smith is just gonna be used to warm up at the SS end then fuckin waive him and let him flourish somewhere else. I'm not saying Carver is entirely to blame but that was SHIT coaching!

jloome
07-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Ok so this game is all or nothing. Either we win or we are out. WHY OH FUCKING WHY put James in as our final sub? We don't need to secure a tie......WE NEED TO SCORE. If Smith is just gonna be used to warm up at the SS end then fuckin waive him and let him flourish somewhere else. I'm not saying Carver is entirely to blame but that was SHIT coaching!

Sorry in my rant I cursed in the thread title. Change it if it needs changing.

Yeah, let's change it to "idiot who doesn't udnerstanda tactics..."

We had no other offensive options to put in, so we moved a defender with a 32" vertical leap up front, because of the inevitable onslaught of crosses. And his header was the one that went off the post and landed right on Cunningham's toe, only for him to freeze in absolute fucking petrified paralysis. Really, fuck man, think.

NateDoGG
07-22-2008, 08:50 PM
im still waiting for robert and guevara to start scoring from the free kicks............... they get more then enough chances

e_mcarthur89
07-22-2008, 08:51 PM
All the late chances were coming in from the air and James has a monster vertical and has scored twice with his head already this year. I would rather have him jumping for those balls than Smith. There was no space to do anything on the ground near their box.

James17930
James is an attacking option if the plan is to just whip balls into the box -- he's got the best leap out of anyone on the team. I think it was a good move. And he did almost score.

I just wonder why he didn't do it a bit earlier -- maybe around 75 mins.

ComeonyouReds
Smith should have been subbed in long before the 84 min change of Velez James.

dantdot
07-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Velez was shit, Carver wanted more of an aerial threat but I don't know why he didn't put smith on too.

ComeonyouReds
:hump:Why put someone with monster vert when you have Cunny and his 5 foot frame

zeelaw
he makes very uninspiring substitutions... and apparently his motivational skills suck

tfc_4_ever
07-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Julius clearly came on as a player who had the ability to head and flick balls on as well as putting pressure on the defence. I know everyone is frustrated with the loss but at when Carver put julius on he created chances and the post. I mean i think if there was any mistake about the substitutions he made was when he put on Cuntingham who clearly is the worst player on the team and cant score while on the goal line.

Draracle
07-22-2008, 08:55 PM
With you on this one. Didn't understand James. Why not max attacking options?

In case you didn't watch the game, James played as a striker. And in case you haven't watched the season, our short list of goal scorers includes James -- who is great in the air. Which is good when you are playing the dump.

Carver did the best with what we have... which is shite. Our striker options are Ibby and Cunny. Ibby is great, but very very young and inexperienced. Cunny is complete shite. Who else can score on our bench?

Out with Cunny. Sign a striker AND a striker DP.

TicTacTabarnack
07-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Carver should have subbed Cunny after quickly realizing that he was completely useless yet again within 5 mins of being on the pitch! We were chanting "We want Smith" so loud! Take Cunny off and put in Smith!

Julius was a great sub! I have no issue with Carver's choice for putting him in. He put a lot of pressure on MTL with his vertical threat.

Don Julio
07-22-2008, 09:23 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK:mad:

profit89
07-22-2008, 09:24 PM
In case you didn't watch the game, James played as a striker. And in case you haven't watched the season, our short list of goal scorers includes James -- who is great in the air. Which is good when you are playing the dump.

Carver did the best with what we have... which is shite. Our striker options are Ibby and Cunny. Ibby is great, but very very young and inexperienced. Cunny is complete shite. Who else can score on our bench?

Out with Cunny. Sign a striker AND a striker DP.

Hit the nail on the head, especially last sentence.

jb831
07-22-2008, 09:35 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK:mad:

LMAO. I agree.

bhoybobby
07-22-2008, 09:40 PM
We're not good enough, it'll get worse before it get's better.

The fella who started this thread, was either joking, or is thick as a brick.

Soods
07-22-2008, 09:48 PM
The fella who started this thread, was either joking, or is thick as a brick.

I think he a Jethro Tull fan!! :)

reggie
07-22-2008, 10:01 PM
maybe he should put the kitchen sink in there....
i so fucking tired of watching this kick the ball in the box 1960 shit.
thank god they are on the road for a bit.

BigLou
07-22-2008, 10:18 PM
This thread is redundant. James went on at striker. IMMEDIATELY won a header at Montreal's 18 and set up Cunning-fuck who then ruined Christmas for 99 years. James was explosive out there.

noochie
07-22-2008, 10:29 PM
JJ was the man out there... put the game on a plate for Cunny... who shit his pants once again.

ilikemusic
07-22-2008, 10:32 PM
I know James has two goals off his head from set pieces but WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PUTTING A DEFENDER IN AT FORWARD FOR?!

Holy fucking christ!

Two attacking options. A forward, and a defender.

Well of course you put the defender on.

What a fucking joke. Fuck off Carver. The negative media lose this game for you?

noochie
07-22-2008, 10:39 PM
^^ Dude, other than Dichio and Velez he is the only guy who has the ability to head the ball. I thought it was a great move and if it wasn't for Cunny on vacation in the box, it would have worked and Carver would have been a genius.

Roogsy
07-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Yeah...I would have to agree with those that think it was a good decision. It's not like JJ wasn't playing high. By the end of the game, we had 2 back and I am quite happy with JJ up front trying to head the ball in more than anyone else on this team other than Danny Dichio. ESPECIALLY when you have a useless took like Cunny.

We deserve to be upset and complain...but lets do it over something credible.

For those asking for Smith to go in...how much better could that have been? What has he shown but to be Lombardo part deux?

ua-kozak_TFC
07-22-2008, 11:05 PM
he makes very uninspiring substitutions... and apparently his motivational skills suck
the fact is... we have very thin and un inspiring bench,.....

TFC Tifoso
07-23-2008, 06:57 AM
It's not Carver's fault that he has a waste of fucking skin as a striker and a "legend in his own mind" midfielder who won't dribble the ball for another two paces with a step on the man in the box.......fuck!!!!!! Carver may rub some the wrong way but he certainly wasn't at fault last night.

Kooper
07-23-2008, 07:08 AM
I know James has two goals off his head from set pieces but WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PUTTING A DEFENDER IN AT FORWARD FOR?!

Holy fucking christ!

Two attacking options. A forward, and a defender.

Well of course you put the defender on.

What a fucking joke. Fuck off Carver. The negative media lose this game for you?

Valez should have stayed on as our best attacking defender when in the box.

Julius James offered some height and almost proved Carver right when he hit the post.

Smith should have come on for Robert at 60 minutes when he was starting to look tired.

zeelaw
07-23-2008, 07:09 AM
the fact is... we have very thin and un inspiring bench,.....

he could of and should of brought on jarrod smith, who can hold the ball up..
instead he makes a foolish swap for cunningham

Shaughno
07-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Yeah...I would have to agree with those that think it was a good decision. It's not like JJ wasn't playing high. By the end of the game, we had 2 back and I am quite happy with JJ up front trying to head the ball in more than anyone else on this team other than Danny Dichio. ESPECIALLY when you have a useless took like Cunny.

We deserve to be upset and complain...but lets do it over something credible.

For those asking for Smith to go in...how much better could that have been? What has he shown but to be Lombardo part deux?

Definitely agree. JJ has been a fresh sight as of late. He's passionate, he WANTS to be out there, he WANTS to contribute and FFS he's scoring or at least coming close when he gets the chances. Smith, I love the hussle the guy puts out there but... he has a problem with finishing. When was the last time you saw a header of his come even close to being on target? FFS James almost scored with a backheel behind his back last game!!

Mrs. Workie
07-23-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm still wondering why he put Cunny in....

king10
07-23-2008, 07:57 AM
I'm still wondering why he put Cunny in....

maybe score a huge winning goal to send tfc into the champions league ../his trade value would then rise and we would have gotten more in return for him.. but that didn't work out

TicTacTabarnack
07-23-2008, 08:42 AM

Smith has heart and if you watched the warm up ... He was actually hitting the target ... Unlike Cunny. I for one ... would much rather see a man like Smith busting his balls on the pitch than a lazy douche like Cunny screwing it all up for us.

nimamalek
07-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Great decision to put James up front, created a perfect chance but cunny blew it, only issue i have is why he doesnt start james up front every game?
Here is my issue, we are a team with great wingers, both Robert and Ricketts put in 4-5 crosses a game that a striker with any skill in the air would thrive on. Cunny, Ibe and Smith are all shit in the air, so why not put in someone like James up front. Sure he will be shit in ball control and probably wont create a goal on the grounf, but how many goals have our strikers created in the last 10 games? and i think Geuvara playing up front is killing us, he drops back too far and basically plays a midfield position. I would go

-------------Sutton------------
-Wynne-Velez-Marshall-Brennan-
-Ricketts-Robo-Geuvara-Robert-
-------Ibe--------James-------

Ibe front post runs, James back post runs

torfchamilton
07-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Putting in Cunny over Smith was a mistake as everyone mentioned. Cunny cannot play a game where all 10 Impact players will be in the box. You need a scrappy guy (Dichio like). You are not going to get a chance to drilbble in and score. James was put in for that reason. Smith can be scrappy and would have been a better option IMO, should've, would've, could've....

torfchamilton
07-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Great decision to put James up front, created a perfect chance but cunny blew it, only issue i have is why he doesnt start james up front every game?

Unfortunately you can't play 90 mins with a player who can only win headers. I know we have no options but I would rather see Smith who works hard, can hold the ball up and is scrappy. I hope we get something soon for up front or you can say bye-bye to playoffs.

tlear
07-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Here is my issue, we are a team with great wingers, both Robert and Ricketts put in 4-5 crosses a game that a striker with any skill in the air would thrive on. Cunny, Ibe and Smith are all shit in the air, so why not put in someone like James up front. Sure he will be shit in ball control and probably wont create a goal on the grounf, but how many goals have our strikers created in the last 10 games? and i think Geuvara playing up front is killing us, he drops back too far and basically plays a midfield position. I would go

-------------Sutton------------
-Wynne-Velez-Marshall-Brennan-
-Ricketts-Robo-Geuvara-Robert-
-------Ibe--------James-------

Ibe front post runs, James back post runs

Not a bad idea, worth a try. James will create some protection for Ibby as well.

Smith should be played a winger he look much better there imo

giambac
07-23-2008, 11:15 AM

I have been saying it for the longest time. Carver is a total Jack ass and a farce of a coach. When are the rest of you going to realize it. He is costing us games with his decision making.

What is the love affair with the jerk?

His ass should have been gone after the KC game. It's now 9 games later and we still haven't won since the KC game. We are now eliminated from the CC and our playoff aspirations are also at risk. Get rid of him before the whole season becomes a waste of time.

nimamalek
07-23-2008, 11:21 AM
I have been saying it for the longest time. Carver is a total Jack ass and a farce of a coach. When are the rest of you going to realize it. He is costing us games with his decision making.

What is the love affair with the jerk?

His ass should have been gone after the KC game. It's now 9 games later and we still haven't won since the KC game. We are now eliminated from the CC and our playoff aspirations are also at risk. Get rid of him before the whole season becomes a waste of time.

you would be eating your words if we had 1 guy who could finish, only Jack Ass her is you

GabrielHurl
07-23-2008, 11:21 AM
can we stop quoting giambac please

giambac
07-23-2008, 11:29 AM
you would be eating your words if we had 1 guy who could finish, only Jack Ass her is you

Carver is responsible for our loss last night

Carver is responsible that TFC aren't the tFC chamions and haven't moved on to the next round of the tourney

Carver is responsible for our 9 game winless streak

Carver is responsible that TFC may not make the playoffs after a good start to the season

Carver is responsible for the war in Iraq

carver is responsible for high oil prices

Carver is responsible for the climate change

Carver is responsible for.............................. (you can fell in the blank)

Carve ris a total jackass and farce off a coach. I kow know wahy he wasn't wanted back home.

The Canadian government should step in and deport him.

ensco
07-23-2008, 02:51 PM
I am a Carver supporter, I have generally liked his style...but he had a terrible day yesterday, no two ways about it.

First, what were we doing in a defensive formation (4-5-1) for 75 minutes of a game we had to win? I don't care about all this "woe is me, where's my striker" talk....play Smith, Edu, Robert, whoever, get two guys up front, you are not fixing a goal-scoring problem with a 4-5-1, no matter who you put out there.

Second, if you've lost faith in Cunny, don't play him. Whining about him afterwards is lame.

Third, all this calling out of players is seriously crazy. The Cunningham stuff was bad enough, but Wynne and Brennan are all-stars, that you are counting on, who had tough games - it's not Carver's job to point this out to the media. Anybody who likes it because it's "truthful" and "refreshing", stop and think about why you never see it. You lose the respect of the employees fast in any workplace with this stuff.

Fourthly, he chose not to share an iota of the blame. Leaders take the blame for the group even when it's not their fault - that's leadership.

(As to the original point of this thread, I have no problem with putting James up front late, that was actually clever I think)

Dirk Diggler
07-23-2008, 03:00 PM
I agree. We all noticed yesterday that the ENTIRE team played like shit. Whats the point of specifically mentioning a few of them? I can't imagine this helping the locker room chemistry.

olegunnar
07-23-2008, 03:03 PM
It's the same stuff a few of us have been complaining about for months now. It started with blow ups to the 4th official, then questionable squad selections, now with bad results it's moved on to throwing players, Mo, the turf, all under the bus.

It's all counterintutive to good man management.

There's got to be more to the story...Carver can't be this clueless.

invictusTFC
07-23-2008, 03:18 PM
I like Carver too, but I think he dropped the ball yesterday. You don't call out your players like that. He made himself and the team look bad.

That being said, you can't help but agree with him on a lot of his points. Cunny missed yet another sitter. Jimmy B was ripped apart last night, and Marvell Wynne much like Edu have unbelievable athletic ability but have the touch of a retarded elephant and the soccer sense to go with it.

I can say all that cuz I'm a fan, but if I were the coach I'd definitely stay away from comments like that if I still wanted the players to respect me.

TFCREDNWHITE
07-23-2008, 03:18 PM

Honestly, Carver knows waaaaaayy more tactics then most of the MLS combined will ever know!! STOP SHITING ON CARVER!! CARVER IS NOT TO BLAME!!

STOP SHITING ON CARVER!! CARVER IS NOT TO BLAME!!

fiji_blue
07-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Tactics come on the COACH should inspire his players, you can clearly see that many of the players hearts are not into the Tactics...

Jeffro
07-23-2008, 03:34 PM
I had a good laugh at that "we want Smith" chant.... sure the guy may work hard but, seriously, Jarrod Smith as our savior?? Give me a break. JJ up front was a great tactical switch, and seriously unsettled a previously quite comfortable Montreal defense immediately

TFCREDNWHITE
07-23-2008, 03:37 PM
[quote=giambac;100995]Carver is responsible for our loss last night

Carver is responsible that TFC aren't the tFC chamions and haven't moved on to the next round of the tourney

Carver is responsible for our 9 game winless streak

Carver is responsible that TFC may not make the playoffs after a good start to the season

quote]

When are you going to realize that his knowledge of the game is far superior then 95% of the other coaches in this league! What the fuck would you do with the cards you've been dealt in this league!! There are serious obstacles in this league regarding who you can and cannot go ofter in terms of players!! Carver has helped this fucking team out immensely!!! Did you see the camera system that they installed at BMO field JUST so they can study TACTICS!!!(CARVER IS BEHIND THAT!) That system is a million dollar system!! GIAMBAC you're a total freaking moron!

Did you see the camera system that they installed at BMO field JUST so they can study TACTICS!!!(CARVER IS BEHIND THAT!)

Did you see the camera system that they installed at BMO field JUST so they can study TACTICS!!!(CARVER IS BEHIND THAT!)

So go and shove your worthless tactical knowledge you know where!

Tactics can only take you so far, you NEED GOOD and/or GREAT players to EXECUTE THE TACTICS!!!

noochie
07-23-2008, 03:57 PM
^^ Dude, seriously... ignore list. When was the last time you converted a pepsi drinker to coke? ;)

Shaughno
07-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Don't worry Giambac's on a week long vacation.

TFCREDNWHITE
07-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Don't worry Giambac's on a week long vacation.

LOL Nice!

McBrace
07-23-2008, 04:04 PM
LOL Nice!

It's about time!

noochie
07-23-2008, 04:06 PM
giambac... if you are reading this. Carver says hi.

trane
07-23-2008, 05:32 PM
I was going to avoid the thread, but I will say this, it was Carver's decision to move James, a CB, up to the box, which created the chance that Cunny, fucked up. Carver does not have many options, Smith may have been a better choice, but you would think an exeprinced stiker like cunny could tap one in.

Bombonera
07-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Several weeks ago, we all watched in horror as Carver played his subs at home against KC, only to sub in the starters in the second half. The result was tie that should have been a win. We had the wind in our sails, and he single handedly removed it. Our results since that god aweful showing speak for themselves.

Yesterday, we score and immediately sit back again to let Montreal back in the game. And then instead of making an agressive and necessary move at halftime, he waits until the 70th mintue to bring in Cunny...an then James (For the record, I agree with both moves.. Then man has limited choices in that regard...).

As Carver has absolutley no problem criticizing players, I think that a bit of pain going his way is only fair. Moreover, the unelievably brainless and self serving BS coaching decisions that have all but brought OUR season to a grinding and painful end simply can't be ignored.

It's grow up time Mr. Carver. You brought in your coaches, ex players and an uultra high tech coacing aid that you helped to design... How about taking a little credit for our demise as well.

sidney
07-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Yah gotta have faith in Carver....things will come-around.