PDA

View Full Version : Possible Protest?

Bobo
07-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Hold on.

Should TFC not get a result against RSL, you guys think it may be time to do something for the FCD match? It's not a matter of bailing on the team, but with the string of terrible, uninspired performances by our team, a sign of malcontent may be just what the team needs to wake up and possibly turn a corner.

Feelings?

ThunderTundra
07-22-2008, 08:34 PM
never, as gutted as I am to see the events of tonight unfold and watch the team from the province next to ours raise the trophy that should have been ours in our house, I will never stop cheering for the boys. I am going to wear my t-shirt and scarf to work tomorrow with pride, though I'm not sure how much pride the players will feel tomorrow.

Bobo
07-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Can you say Leafs? Is our job as supporters not to do what is necessary to help the team find success?

See the way I see it is, yes a good squad in our second season but the effort the squad have been putting out is very concerning. Personally, I think a wake up call is the best thing we can do for our team. As I said before, its not about bailing on the team.

OneLoveOneEric
07-22-2008, 08:42 PM
I need a break from all this for a while. I feel sick.
Why am I wasting my breath on men that so clearly don't give a fuck?
I mean, fuck protesting for grass. Let's protest for a fucking team that cares.

ThunderTundra
07-22-2008, 08:42 PM
to find success you don't stop cheering for them. They know they lost the Canadian Championship on home turf, and they know how much this means to us and how gutted we all likely are. They don't need to come out next home game and hear a silent Columbus like crowd, that won't do the team any good, if anything it will close the lid on the coffin. If anything, lets be louder next game. You don't see the supporters of teams like Derby county stop cheering as a way to give their boys a kick in the ass, NO, they show up week in and week out screaming their lungs out for their team, even knowing that they were out of it mid season

e_mcarthur89
07-22-2008, 08:44 PM
That's what the coaching staff is for. Keep on supporting the lads

OneLoveOneEric
07-22-2008, 08:44 PM
It's not just tonight. It's nine games on the trot. And it would be one thing if they'd left their blood on the field. But they're just going through the motions. I could support a losing side that tried. This apathy I cannot.

Bobo
07-22-2008, 08:45 PM
to find success you don't stop cheering for them. They know they lost the Canadian Championship on home turf, and they know how much this means to us and how gutted we all likely are. They don't need to come out next home game and hear a silent Columbus like crowd, that won't do the team any good, if anything it will close the lid on the coffin. If anything, lets be louder next game

I don't understand your logic. Again, can you say Leafs? What's the biggest criticism of Leafs fans? They sit around and talk shit but never want to do anything. Sound familiar?

tfc_4_ever
07-22-2008, 08:46 PM

Stay strong we are all feeling the pain. This is complete bullshit.

OneLoveOneEric
07-22-2008, 08:51 PM
If I see some "the positives from tonight" thread I will barf.

ThunderTundra
07-22-2008, 08:53 PM
I don't understand your logic. Again, can you say Leafs? What's the biggest criticism of Leafs fans? They sit around and talk shit but never want to do anything. Sound familiar?

Fans can help win games, but we can't turn the team around. TFC hires coaches and staff to deal with the problems. I'm not a leafs fan, but I respect them because they cheer for shit all the time, knowing that its the case.
I'm a Lions fan in NFL but I still cheer, I dont just stop cheering in hope that they will win because of it.

TFC is the only football team that I have a full on connection with, I've never been able to make it to a game, but I've seen each and every one of them, and I've cheered for them no matter what. I followed the news of the stadium construction, the creation of the jersey, and am still watching them go through growing pains. I will never stop cheering for this team. You sure can if you want, its no issue for me

TFC FOREVER THROUGH THICK AND THIN

Bobo
07-22-2008, 08:54 PM
You have this misconception that voicing displeasure means bailing.

ThunderTundra
07-22-2008, 08:57 PM
You have this misconception that voicing displeasure means bailing.

No, I just won't voice my displeasure by not cheering for one game. I will always cheer for them. If I could go to the next home game, I would scream my lungs out for them.

Look, I'm pissed, embarrassed, gutted and ashamed about the result tonight, I'm angry at the play of the team, it was seemingly heartless and drab, I'm displeased, but I will cheer next game in hopes that it will carry them on.
You don't protest when your team goes into a slide. I don't care if they lost every game, root them on to victory every single day

e_mcarthur89
07-22-2008, 08:57 PM
They know we are upset. No need to protest during a game and hurt them even further

Bobo
07-22-2008, 09:02 PM
They knew we were upset before this game too. And what did we get? Another game of disinterest from our players.

Dirk Diggler
07-22-2008, 09:09 PM

My sentiments exactly.

v00d00daddy
07-22-2008, 09:16 PM
You don't see the supporters of teams like Derby county stop cheering as a way to give their boys a kick in the ass, NO, they show up week in and week out screaming their lungs out for their team, even knowing that they were out of it mid season

There is one slight difference here. Derby County is not expected to do well. They were just happy being in the big show. We as fans EXPECT (and rightfully so) to have our team win at home against far inferior opponents. Is that too much to ask?

As for a protest..I'm kinda torn. I think it might be time for one but I'm not sure what the reaction would be.

For those of you bashing the idea of a protest...please give it some thought. It's not about bashing the team. It's just our way to let them know that we're not happy. I don't care if they're just as upset as us. That's not the point. When your child doesn't behave well you have a couple of options.....you can give them a hug and tell them to do better next time or you can scold them and let them know how disappointed you are. The latter has never been tried and it might be time.

Roogsy
07-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Protest? Who's idea is this?

I am not on board, not even a little bit. Whoever does this can embarrass themselves without me.

Cas87
07-22-2008, 10:26 PM
I say we pull a Russian Premier League "turn your back" protest, at least until the 10th minutes, if not until the Dichio chant (b/c he ain't gonna be back for the next TFC home game)

RealG-TFC
07-22-2008, 10:27 PM
what about a silent protest, so we can at least watch the game

Jack
07-22-2008, 10:29 PM
If Jeff Cunningham ever steps on the field wearing a TFC jersey with a TFC badge over the empty space where a normal player's heart would be, I'll sit down and stay silent.

Bluenose13
07-22-2008, 10:31 PM
what about a silent protest, so we can at least watch the game
What about standing & supporting your team against Dallas & help them pick up 3 needed points in the league..........That's what I will be doing.

Jack
07-22-2008, 10:33 PM
What about standing & supporting your team against Dallas & help them pick up 3 needed points in the league..........That's what I will be doing.
That's right.

We have to keep our heads up as supporters, even after a crushing loss like this.

We still have all to play for in MLS. We can do banners, we can petition for changes and pressure for signings, but we still need to do our part when it comes to support.

I know it's hard to see that right now, as the play on the pitch isn't giving us much to feed off of, but we need to stay strong.

ilikemusic
07-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Hate to break it to you all but you can sing your lungs out for 90 minutes, it doesnt make a piss of difference to the guys out there. Was our support not enough? Was the support of the 20 Impact fans just that much better? Come on. Its all in good fun but the players arent affected. Theyre doing their job and performing to their pay scale.

There is huge parity in North American soccer. Another word for parody is mediocrity. Get used to it.

Roogsy
07-22-2008, 10:38 PM

Geez...at least somebody gets it. Thanks Bluenose. You are keeping my faith alive.

Iguy
07-22-2008, 10:42 PM
I realize that we are all upset tonight, but there are talks of holding protests (such as literally turning your back on the team) in like 4 different threads.
This is going way too far I think.
Yes, they did let us down, and they really are playing terrible lately. But protest? really? I think the club deserved a booing at the end of the game tonight, that gets the message across that we feel let down. To have some sort of organized protest though would piss off the players and serve as anti-motivation for them out on the pitch.

Lets just pick up the peices from this low blow and concentrate on getting into the MLS playoffs. And remember the MLS champ and runner-up get a spot in next years CONCACAF Champions league!

Heathen
07-22-2008, 10:43 PM
fuck'em they obviously don't give a shit

Roogsy
07-22-2008, 10:44 PM
There are lots of teams that underachieve and the supporters don't turn on their team like this.

I would be highly embarrassed for us as supporters and for this city if people wind up doing this. Thankfully...I don't think it would catch on anyways so you will just have a bunch of tools with their backs to the pitch and everyone else will be facing forward.

But I do agree that this team has used up the goodwill it had built up...and used it up quite quickly. They truly have shot themselves in the foot.

ilikemusic
07-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Lets just pick up the peices from this low blow and concentrate on getting into the MLS playoffs. And remember the MLS champ and runner-up get a spot in next years CONCACAF Champions league!

No we dont. This was our only method of entering the CL.

But ya. We wouldnt want to piss off the players. We cant have them getting emotional can we?:rolleyes:

rocker
07-22-2008, 10:45 PM
i didn't like the result tonight, but I enjoyed myself at the game. great atmosphere.

a.ungaro
07-22-2008, 10:48 PM
There are lots of teams that underachieve and the supporters don't turn on their team like this.

I would be highly embarrassed for us as supporters and for this city if people wind up doing this. Thankfully...I don't think it would catch on anyways so you will just have a bunch of tools with their backs to the pitch and everyone else will be facing forward.

But I do agree that this team has used up the goodwill it had built up...and used it up quite quickly. They truly have shot themselves in the foot.

so were going to look like tools? cant look any worse than tonight, when we gave everything we had tonight to support these guys and after they lose to a USL team they turn there backs on us...

Iguy
07-22-2008, 10:49 PM
No we dont. This was our only method of entering the CL.

But ya. We wouldnt want to piss off the players. We cant have them getting emotional can we?:rolleyes:

that was our only way to enter the 08/09 CL, if we were to win the MLS cup or be the runner-up we would qualify for the 09/10 CL
http://www.concacaf.com/view_article.aspx?id=4171