PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2014

General Woolfe
06-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Surprised there isnt a thread already for TFC fans to talk about the WC so I thought i'd start one

Now the 1st round games are over, who do we think have looked good, and who were disappointing?

For me, none of the big guns have shown up so far, and it is Columbia who have caught my eye thus far. Rodrigues and Martinez being standouts in their side. Despite a flying start Holland, Brazil, and Germany they have all looked distinctly average, although it has to be said, none of them have got out of first gear. Despite their perfect record, Argentina seem totally reliant on Messi and seem suspect at the back.

Portugal and Spainare the biggest disappointments for me, the later looking like theyve gone a bridge too far. No tears over the death of tiki-takki from me though ...

All credit to USA on their qualification today, and I think they have nothing to fear in Belgium... A quarter final spot should be well within their grasp. I for one hope they do it, as the hype south of the border can only be good for MLS

I'm interested to hear fellow Reds opinions on how the big show has gone so far...

MartinUtd
06-26-2014, 08:43 PM
There's a thread for each national team here

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/forumdisplay.php?19-International-Football-Forum

This forum is typically for TFC only discussion.