PDA

View Full Version : Banners, TIFO's, Flags, ect.

Supporting
06-24-2014, 11:34 PM
This thread is for people to talk about the things they have made, advice need for making stuff, pictures and more relating to TFC fans.

To start off, I am going to make a 2 stick banner for next game but I can't think of any ideas. I was going to do a picture of defoe and write started from the bottom but I think the picture of defoe would be a bit to complex for my first banner.

I am going to follow this method (great video btw):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blNKbyzJpwc

the one problem is I don't have a projector...

Fort York Redcoat
06-25-2014, 08:19 AM
Well before you find a projector you'll need the image. Did you have an image in mind? There are those on here that come up with banner ideas for others to paint. It's worth talking a little more about your idea.

Oldtimer
06-25-2014, 08:49 AM
Supporting, you seem to have some enthusiasm, why not join the Red Patch Boys? We have a whole section in the members-only poart of the board where we discuss such things. It's much better if you join with us as part of the team, rather than give suggestions as an outsider.

BuSaPuNk
06-25-2014, 09:36 AM
Supporting, you seem to have some enthusiasm, why not join the Red Patch Boys? We have a whole section in the members-only poart of the board where we discuss such things. It's much better if you join with us as part of the team, rather than give suggestions as an outsider.

This.

We have a section in the members area dedicated to TIFO and flags ect away from prying eyes of other groups. You really wouldn't want your hard work of a design being displayed elsewhere would you?

Yagbod
06-25-2014, 10:08 AM
^ honest question: is that actually a problem? I have never heard of a group 'stealing' an idea.

eustacchio
06-25-2014, 10:15 AM
^ honest question: is that actually a problem? I have never heard of a group 'stealing' an idea.

I think he's just trying to talk Supporting into joining RPB.

Phil
06-25-2014, 10:23 AM

LOL maybe way back in the day when the groups were super competitive on displays, but in the current culture its fine.

Oldtimer
06-25-2014, 10:39 AM

Exactly. If he cares enough about what we do to give ideas, why not join us and paint the banners with us? I've been to a couple of banner times myself over the years, it's neat to see the idea take life! We could always use someone with enthusiasm and good ideas.

Red4ever
06-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Too late. Stole it.

prizby
06-25-2014, 11:16 PM
Exactly. If he cares enough about what we do to give ideas, why not join us and paint the banners with us? I've been to a couple of banner times myself over the years, it's neat to see the idea take life! We could always use someone with enthusiasm and good ideas.

wait, have i missed some banner painting sessions the past couple of months?

Oldtimer
06-26-2014, 07:32 AM

There is discussion going on, as you are very well aware. It would be good to see one soon.

BuSaPuNk
06-26-2014, 08:16 AM

No but it's always nice to having planning and design ideas stay within the group. Especially with the amazing talents we have on board.

Bingo to both here.

Ideas and passion to do things is nice to see. Harness that and get yourself in a better position to get involved by joining. It's a commitment to working with the amazing people we have here and gets you into the other aspects of what we do during\before/after games.

Fort York Redcoat
06-26-2014, 08:17 AM

If you're excited about a new project you're also well aware of how to contact and help out. The above quote does neither.

Supporting
06-27-2014, 11:19 PM
I am thinking of joining! but probably next year as this is my first year in the ss.

Also, I don't really care if people our ideas aha. It makes sense for having the bigger tifo's in the member's only section, but I don't think 2 sticks have to be there also. Would I have to be a RPB to join you guys in painting sessions?

Supporting
06-27-2014, 11:26 PM
Well before you find a projector you'll need the image. Did you have an image in mind? There are those on here that come up with banner ideas for others to paint. It's worth talking a little more about your idea.

What I wanna do is a pic of defoe and on the cup write "England Worldcup 2014" or something and on the bottom write "shoulda, coulda, woulda".

What do you think?

Fort York Redcoat
06-28-2014, 06:18 AM
Would I have to be a RPB to join you guys in painting sessions?

Absolutely not. I'll make sure to add you to the PM list when we're next painting.

So next step is finding the image you want to replicate and add the text. Remember the simpler the image the easier to outline accurately.

Supporting
06-29-2014, 01:31 PM
Top: "90+ minutes"
Bottom: "of pure insanity"
http://screameverywhere.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/scream-fullbody1032.jpg

Supporting
07-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Finally got around to making one:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2yuyuth.jpg

it's suppose to be like the we the south (end) photo on the RPB fb page.

I still have to add "(end)" and maybe re-apply paint because it's kinda thin. Any rules on bringing this to the game on wednesday?

:scarf:

Fort York Redcoat
07-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Finally got around to making one:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2yuyuth.jpg

it's suppose to be like the we the south (end) photo on the RPB fb page.

I still have to add "(end)" and maybe re-apply paint because it's kinda thin. Any rules on bringing this to the game on wednesday?

:scarf:

If that's a 2stick than enter through Gate 3B.

Supporting
07-16-2014, 10:37 PM
They didn't let me bring it in :( said it was too big and can't use wooden sticks....

Ivy
07-16-2014, 10:45 PM
Too big?? What gate did you go to?

Supporting
07-16-2014, 10:54 PM
The one in the middle of south side. I said i see people with big flags and he was like, "ya if your rpb it can be big". I think he still would've let me if I had plastic sticks so I'm just gonna get those for next game, it was still really fun!

Ivy
07-16-2014, 11:55 PM
Maas your ticket in the south end? 112-119? It shouldn't matter if you're RPB or not, how would they have known? Anyway, sorry dude. Change the poles, and bring it out next week.

Fort York Redcoat
07-17-2014, 08:50 AM
They didn't let me bring it in :( said it was too big and can't use wooden sticks....

Dude, just get some PVC for that flag. You'll fly it soon enough.

Abou Sky
07-17-2014, 09:03 AM
I had a security guard I have never seen say 'you have to check the flag' and I just said 'we're in the supporters section, it's fine'

Just use the Jedi mind trick and it will be fine... :-P

(note, my spell check changes 'Jedi' to 'Jewish' Hmmm... Am I missing something here Mr. Spielberg?)

Flint
07-17-2014, 11:35 AM
First imd I've heard of those issues.. I've brought in many large displays and flags as an independent. We've had displays on wood before. Even 2-sticks using bamboo sticks lol.

gdg_9
07-17-2014, 01:32 PM

Just make sure you are at the right gate, and tell them you are supporters section so you are allowed... don't give up on it!
Ask to speak to their supervisor if necessary.

Half of the guards working the gates don't know the rules.

I had one guy tell me I couldn't bring a flag in.
I told him I'm in supporters, so it's fine.

When he still refused, I told him that as long as I have a supporters' section ticket and bring the flag through the correct gate (which is the one he was working at) I am allowed to bring it in.
I told him that he could either let me in with it, or go get his supervisor who would clarify the rules for him.

At that point he finally just let me go through.

Alonso
07-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Just make sure you are at the right gate, and tell them you are supporters section so you are allowed... don't give up on it!

When he still refused, I told him that as long as I have a supporters' section ticket and bring the flag through the correct gate (which is the one he was working at) I am allowed to bring it in.
I told him that he could either let me in with it, or go get his supervisor who would clarify the rules for him.

I've had the exact same experience.

Most security don't know the supporters sections like 127, 119, 111, 110.

You have to be polite, calm, and firm and don't leave until they let you in with it.

gdg_9
07-17-2014, 01:51 PM

I've had the exact same experience.

Most security don't know the supporters sections like 127, 119, 111, 110.

You have to be polite, calm, and firm and don't leave until they let you in with it.

This is key... I don't know if it came across properly in my post, but I wasn't rude to the guy, I was just firm and confident that I knew the rules.