PDA

View Full Version : TFC to host up to 1700 Impact fans Oct 18th

mowe
06-24-2014, 02:26 PM
Reciprocal of last year's trip to Montreal

As a renewal incentive in 2013, more than 3,000 Toronto FC fans and supporters made the trek down the 401 and helped us kick off the season with a record-setting showing in Montreal. You showed the whole League how to support your club on the road.

Part of that trip to Montreal was an agreement that we would accommodate their fans at a 2014 match in Toronto. As such, we will be hosting up to 1,700 Montreal Impact (http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/mls/teams/montreal-impact) fans at our final game on October 18. When we initially agreed to this reciprocal travel deal, the thinking was Rogers Centre might play host to the match, but we know you'll agree with us that there's only one place we want to be for this match, at our house - BMO Field.

In playing this match at BMO Field, the ticket availability is extremely limited. Therefore, in order to provide a safe and secure environment for everyone, we will need to have 350 Season Seat Holders experience the match from a different location on October 18. As a Season Seat Holder in Sections 225, 226, and 227, you will be upgraded for this match to another spot in the stadium at no additional cost.

http://www.wakingthered.com/2014/6/23/5836036/toronto-fc-to-host-1700-montreal-impact-fans-october-18th

Ivy
06-24-2014, 02:34 PM
Perfect. Since they're gonna begin renos at BMO shortly after, it won't be as annoying when MTL fans rip out seats and benches.

Ben - D.O.W.
06-24-2014, 02:45 PM
I don't see there being any way someone in 126 or 127 isn't getting an unexpected beer shower that game. Who's brilliant idea was it to put Montreal fans (who have a history of throwing stuff at people below them at BMO) about other sections?

OgtheDim
06-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Perfect. Since they're gonna begin renos at BMO shortly after, it won't be as annoying when MTL fans rip out seats and benches.

They are planning to redo the east stand, not the west - maybe plans have changed. :)

This is going to be fun for security. That's the end most of us on the west side use to get in and out of BMO.

I got a bigger question:

there's only 350 SSH in those 3 sections?

C.Ronaldo
06-24-2014, 03:26 PM
This isn't going to be pretty

Pint
06-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Us "Kingsinthenorth" are ready for the game, should be a great atmosphere.

ryan
06-24-2014, 03:43 PM
there's a very real possibility this is our "we made the playoffs" party too. that could add to the likely hostility. definitely not a game to be missed.

Cas87
06-24-2014, 03:54 PM
I don't see there being any way someone in 126 or 127 isn't getting an unexpected beer shower that game. Who's brilliant idea was it to put Montreal fans (who have a history of throwing stuff at people below them at BMO) about other sections?

Free Poncho give away to the fans in the East stand?

Shakes McQueen
06-24-2014, 03:56 PM
This is going to be fun to be in attendance for.

Cas87
06-24-2014, 03:57 PM
Reciprocal of last year's trip to Montreal

http://www.wakingthered.com/2014/6/23/5836036/toronto-fc-to-host-1700-montreal-impact-fans-october-18th

Is it possible they are moving the season seat holders out of the upper deck in order to move the groups and families there from 104? and give the Limpact fans the entire section?

I know usually that's where they place groups and such (which is also stupid with the visitor behind them at the top).

JonO
06-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Is it possible they are moving the season seat holders out of the upper deck in order to move the groups and families there from 104? and give the Limpact fans the entire section?
Nah - the quote clearly says that "As a Season Seat Holder in Sections 225, 226, and 227, you will be upgraded for this match to another spot in the stadium at no additional cost." Could be a real fun time for security...

Abou Sky
06-24-2014, 04:29 PM
$5 says Montreal loses it's travel privileges

BarryM
06-24-2014, 04:50 PM
This will be interesting, I hope the travellers from Montreal behave.

Auzzy
06-24-2014, 04:52 PM
I'll be moved out of Section 226 for this. No big deal.

I bet they have a ton of security for the game; also keep the first few rows of 225, 226 & 227 free, to make it harder to throw stuff on the sections below. Logistically I think that part isn't so difficult.

What will be difficult: there are no exits close by that can be used exclusively for Montreal supporters; same thing for washrooms, concessions, etc. No idea how they will handle that.

Pookie
06-24-2014, 05:37 PM

This was my first thought too. Especially with 127 right below. Might as well paint a target.

Auzzy's point is equally valid regarding the concourse. Crowded at the best of times with the 100's and 200's sharing the facilities and beverage stands. Not a great place to go if you are claustrophobic and certainly not an ideal place to mix red and blue.

I remember when we went to New England. We had separate entrances and a full section to ourselves. Even marched into the stadium under security. Concourse and washrooms were cordoned off. Easier to do in an empty stadium but still… wouldn't 104/105 be a better choice? You could give them their own gate with concessions and washrooms (across from the souvenir stand between 104 and the North End).

Supporting
06-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Definitely going to stand in 127 for this game!!

Villa TFC
06-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Wow. Atmosphere and noise should be great, but security will indeed be a nightmare. If a few dozen Limpacts hurling stuff off the top of 104 couldn't be controlled the other season and security/police had to close off the entire walkway beneath that corner, what hope is there for them controlling 1700 across three sections with TFC supporters directly beneath? Wouldn't it have been better to give them half the northend? At least there there are no TFC supporters beneath them other than in the beer garden which could be cordoned off.

Pookie
06-24-2014, 07:06 PM
^ north stand could also be better controlled

tfcleeds
06-24-2014, 07:32 PM
Hopefully they have absolutely nothing to play for, so fewer make the trip. This is going to turn out badly.

molenshtain
06-24-2014, 07:38 PM
If this is the game where we clinch the playoffs, can we storm the pitch at the end? celebrate with the boys? we've done it for less and we probably deserve it.

Would be all the better to do it in front of 1700 imapct fans

Globetrotter
06-24-2014, 07:40 PM
As a previous poster stated, nothing suggests that they'll get the first X rows of the upper deck. You could restrict them to the upper back corners. Having people in front of them would be no different than having people in front of them in 104 (other than bigger crowds could mean bigger problems).

Don't forget, we always were put in upper decks and would could have thrown stuff over too.

Don't always think the worst.

Pint
06-24-2014, 08:04 PM
As a previous poster stated, nothing suggests that they'll get the first X rows of the upper deck. You could restrict them to the upper back corners. Having people in front of them would be no different than having people in front of them in 104 (other than bigger crowds could mean bigger problems).

Don't forget, we always were put in upper decks and would could have thrown stuff over too.

They have all of 225,226,227 with the first couple rows possibly roped off. Look at this as an opportunity to show what we can do as supporters. I cant remember any group coming into out stadium like this in the past so we must make a statement.

MightyDM
06-24-2014, 08:33 PM

I know people in the first row of 225 who have got the notice.

Globetrotter
06-24-2014, 08:54 PM
Good stuff. Line it up with a couple of police and security guys and everyone will have a fun time.

ManUtd4ever
06-24-2014, 09:29 PM
Unless Montreal turns their dismal season around in the second half, I think it's going to be difficult to entice 1700 supporters to make the trip to Toronto in October for a match that could very well be meaningless from their standpoint.

That being said, I would love to see it happen, as it would make for a fantastic atmosphere.

ensco
06-24-2014, 10:03 PM

There is only one solution to this problem - add 15,000 seats immediately.

Somebody is in trouble for letting that little nugget slip out.

Auzzy
06-24-2014, 11:51 PM
I got a bigger question:

226 & 227 is where they have most of the big group deals: soccer clubs/teams and the like. My daughter's club, North Toronto Soccer, had a bunch of seats in those sections for two recent games. My season seats are at the south edge of 226 now, and I always have the big groups just to my left, including the kids that walk out with the players, or are in the player's tunnel for the pre-game events. I believe some of the partial packs are also in that area. (Anybody know if any of this year's partial packs include the Oct. 18th game?)

If they don't sell those tickets for these club/team deals or partial packs for Oct. 18th, that frees up lots of space, in addition to the SSH's that will be relocated.

Greatest Ripoff
06-25-2014, 06:43 AM
Wow, this should make a great atmosphere. Would be a great match to attend. Hopefully BT play this on tv in England.

Phil
06-25-2014, 07:44 AM
There is only one solution to this problem - add 15,000 seats immediately.

Somebody is in trouble for letting that little nugget slip out.

the number up there has always been low, they use those sections for group buys often.

Alonso
06-25-2014, 09:11 AM
This was my first thought too. Especially with 127 right below. Might as well paint a target.

Auzzy's point is equally valid regarding the concourse. Crowded at the best of times with the 100's and 200's sharing the facilities and beverage stands. Not a great place to go if you are claustrophobic and certainly not an ideal place to mix red and blue.

I remember when we went to New England. We had separate entrances and a full section to ourselves. Even marched into the stadium under security. Concourse and washrooms were cordoned off. Easier to do in an empty stadium but still… wouldn't 104/105 be a better choice? You could give them their own gate with concessions and washrooms (across from the souvenir stand between 104 and the North End).

104 and 105 is way better logistically.

They could be totally separated from the rest of the stadium and fans over there.

This isn't going to end well if it's the same ass clowns that show up who spat on TFC fans from above, tore out seats, and fought with police.

Anybody know a good brass knuckle place?

Phil
06-25-2014, 09:19 AM
The density of SSH's in those sections is too much.

As well, you don't think that the ultra component of Montreal would be shuffled somewhere further back in the sections?

Kings were offered a move and declined.

jabbronies
06-25-2014, 09:23 AM
Us "Kingsinthenorth" are ready for the game, should be a great atmosphere.

They are going to throw crap at you guys for sure.

prizby
06-25-2014, 09:32 AM
there's a very real possibility this is our "we made the playoffs" party too. that could add to the likely hostility. definitely not a game to be missed.

at the same time, there is a very real possibility that Montreal is at the bottom of the table and will travel lightly

Free Poncho give away to the fans in the West stand?

corrected

Cas87
06-25-2014, 09:36 AM
^^

Never been to good at directions. that why i flunked out of the Scouts

ryan
06-25-2014, 10:07 AM
at the same time, there is a very real possibility that Montreal is at the bottom of the table and will travel lightly

Depending on the outcome of what happened at their last home match vs Philly, I would still suspect the supporters to make it. They would be the ones to cause for drama.

Pint
06-25-2014, 10:14 AM
They are going to throw crap at you guys for sure.

As long as it isn't literal fecal matter i think we can handle it

prizby
06-25-2014, 10:32 AM
Depending on the outcome of what happened at their last home match vs Philly, I would still suspect the supporters to make it. They would be the ones to cause for drama.

there numbers are 200-300 strong...don't think they'll get another 1500

cmonyoureds
06-25-2014, 10:56 AM
Hopefully they have absolutely nothing to play for, so fewer make the trip. This is going to turn out badly.

Having said that, even if they have nothing to play for, imagine the scenario where an Impact win puts us out of the playoff picture.
I'd travel to Montreal to cheer for the reverse.......

But yeah, this is gonna go badly.

jabbronies
06-25-2014, 10:57 AM
As long as it isn't literal fecal matter i think we can handle it

lol nice.

FRANKIE65
10-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Digging up this thread from this summer, as the game is getting closer by the minute! If all goes well tomorrow, IT WILL, along with a possible (probable, he says with fingers crossed) result in New York...this game will be HUGE after many years of suffering. COULD be the game that wraps up a playoff spot:flare:

Wondering if there is any new news, from those in the know, as to the # of Impact fans coming for the game? I see that the three areas are all still blocked off as far as sales to the general public. Could be a very empty section if only a couple hundred supporters make the trip from Quebec.

Pint
10-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Believe the number of tickets allocated to them is actually 1600 not 1700 no word on how many have been given out or will travel.

Walms
10-07-2014, 01:16 PM
very curious to see how this plays out.

FRANKIE65
10-07-2014, 01:27 PM
very curious to see how this plays out.

Hopefully all goes well. SECURITY will be top priority for sure. I have nothing but good things to say about any of the BMO staff I have dealt with, so, I'm sure they can, and will, handle it.
With Montreal sitting in the cellar, I'm sure we will see many less supporters than if something were on the line for them. However, like others have stated, you KNOW they would love to be the ones that destroy our play off hopes!

Don't have tickets yet, still trying to see how many of our family are able to come and cheer on the lads, but I plan on being there whether it means a playoff berth or not.:scarf:

OgtheDim
10-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Could be a really good thing or it could be ugly or it could be all kinda meh.

Gotta try though. The more MLS can encourage away team culture, the better for MLS in the long run.

Flint
10-08-2014, 04:56 PM
The hope for everyone is that it doesn't get ugly.

We're gonna need everyone in fuul voice for this game if we wanna match montreals support!

jazzy
10-08-2014, 11:28 PM
if we lay another egg in NY , the Limpact supporters may have the run of BMO field , there will be many sections free of people, enabling a wonderful stroll through a cavernous empty cold stadium . Ha imagine hundreds of Limpact supporters came screaming and shouting and nobody even gave a shit ! All to real .

OgtheDim
10-09-2014, 06:06 AM
if we lay another egg in NY , the Limpact supporters may have the run of BMO field , there will be many sections free of people, enabling a wonderful stroll through a cavernous empty cold stadium .....

Like I get that last night was dispiriting but you do know there is this thing called security isolation, right?

james
10-09-2014, 05:15 PM
I am not sure how many Montreal fans are actually going to make this trip as the season for Montreal was sort of done back in July (TFC fans know that feeling all to well). Also I have never seen Montreal travel in huge numbers like TFC has, usually they travel at 100-300 most?

Another issue with us not in a playoff spot, we are 3 points out of the playoffs and have a game vs New York this weekend, if we tie or lose, we are done. Meaning it could be a pointless game for both teams, and could lead to not many TFC fans showing up for the game, and TFC fans not singing much at all.

The only way this can be good is if we do beat New York this weekend, then we still have hope of being in the playoffs, meaning the Montreal game is huge for TFC, and maybe, just maybe Montreal actually bring a big travelling number of fans just to try and stick it to us, meaning the atmosphere would be loud, very loud!

jazzy
10-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Like I get that last night was dispiriting but you do know there is this thing called security isolation, right?

metaphor......but I guess security will be protecting them from the wind chill blowing through the seats like the TD corridor . ..see former

BuSaPuNk
10-09-2014, 05:58 PM
I am not sure how many Montreal fans are actually going to make this trip as the season for Montreal was sort of done back in July (TFC fans know that feeling all to well). Also I have never seen Montreal travel in huge numbers like TFC has, usually they travel at 100-300 most?

Another issue with us not in a playoff spot, we are 3 points out of the playoffs and have a game vs New York this weekend, if we tie or lose, we are done. Meaning it could be a pointless game for both teams, and could lead to not many TFC fans showing up for the game, and TFC fans not singing much at all.

The only way this can be good is if we do beat New York this weekend, then we still have hope of being in the playoffs, meaning the Montreal game is huge for TFC, and maybe, just maybe Montreal actually bring a big travelling number of fans just to try and stick it to us, meaning the atmosphere would be loud, very loud!

Results be dammed there's no excuse this is Montreal FFS if you can't bring it for our biggest rival then were screwed. Stay loud stay proud, We are Toronto.

JuliquE
10-09-2014, 06:42 PM
If we need to beat Montréal to get into the playoffs, I would see it as a win - win, regarding their fans; they show up in numbers, and that ramps up the atmosphere (players want to play in big games, and atmosphere is a huge part of generating that big-game feel).. but, if not, then TFC support will be relatively unopposed, which has it's benefits, as well (I'm sure the bunker will bring it, regardless).

FRANKIE65
10-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Results be dammed there's no excuse this is Montreal FFS if you can't bring it for our biggest rival then were screwed. Stay loud stay proud, We are Toronto.

Love it!!!:scarf:

Going off on a bit of a tangent here, but, funny how the tickets for sale for this game in various places have gone into a holding pattern. A TFC win on Saturday, and, more than likely...less for sale, higher asking price for this game.
TFC loss, "he shudders as he says it" and I'm thinking a fire sale happens with people giving tickets away for the Montreal game.

BuSaPuNk
10-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Love it!!!:scarf:

Going off on a bit of a tangent here, but, funny how the tickets for sale for this game in various places have gone into a holding pattern. A TFC win on Saturday, and, more than likely...less for sale, higher asking price for this game.
TFC loss, "he shudders as he says it" and I'm thinking a fire sale happens with people giving tickets away for the Montreal game.

Yeah I noticed it as well looking to pick up a second pair for some friends. Either way there should be some tickets available after I hope. It is my defacto birthday party lol

james
10-10-2014, 09:44 PM

i know what you mean, but besides the more hard core supporters, majority of TFC fans wont care if we lose vs New York, game will appear meaningless to majority of fans.

BuSaPuNk
10-10-2014, 10:37 PM
i know what you mean, but besides the more hard core supporters, majority of TFC fans wont care if we lose vs New York, game will appear meaningless to majority of fans.

Unfortunately true.

If you can get up for a game against Montreal no matter the standings there's an issue.

Cuppy
10-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Does anyone have confirmed #s as too how many crunts r expected from Muttreal this weekend?

InDa_110
10-14-2014, 10:45 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EQJyjukokRo

Anybody own a drone?

What insanity that was. Hope we don't have it Sat

SmokedPanda
10-15-2014, 06:44 AM
Does anyone have confirmed #s as too how many crunts r expected from Muttreal this weekend?

my buddy told me they are expecting between 1500-3000 to make the trip to bmo

BuSaPuNk
10-15-2014, 08:18 AM
my buddy told me they are expecting between 1500-3000 to make the trip to bmo

That's the amount of tickets that were allocated. Tbh I don't see more then a few hundred actually coming.

Red CB Toronto
10-15-2014, 10:04 AM
I assume the Impact FO had their season ticket holders opt into tickets for this game, if so their is intent of going if you took them.

BuSaPuNk
10-15-2014, 10:10 AM
I assume the Impact FO had their season ticket holders opt into tickets for this game, if so their is intent of going if you took them.

I think it was the same as the tickets we got for the game in Montreal last season. It was part of the deal.

That's why I believe it was probably given to there SSH so they would be less encouraged especially after the year they had to come.

Carts
10-15-2014, 10:21 AM
If the Impact FO are looking for some good SSH PR after their terrible year, I could see free bus rides, lunches, etc all being part of it...

Therefor, more people make the trip for the fun day / booze-cruise out even though the game means nothing...

Nothing like a 5am booze-cruise en route to a footy match to keep things calm LOL

Carts...